Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,168 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 2 years ago

We should take a page from the early 00s, when folks were parting out Fastbreaks to replace boards in the "better" WPC95 titles. Cannibalize the boards from shitty Spike games to build the GZs and EHOHs people want now. Everyone with a Munsters please line up on the right...

#154 2 years ago

Re: Stranger Things: they may not be able to get the projector anymore, at least not the model they designed for at the price they budgeted for. That nuked the premium, and demand for pros has only now started to really increase. But, they have demand for so many other games now, gotta retire some.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm sorry, but for anyone ordering a machine for a December 2021 build date (so would have already ordered months in advance), only for it to be pushed to August 2022... that is just not acceptable. Parts shortages yes of course we understand, but that sort of delay cannot be justified by it.

Looks like you're just going to have to accept it, or find something else to spend your money on. Stern can't stop producing new games just because the old ones are delayed. Other people have orders in as well.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I still have my DP order and I won't cancel it

Exactly.

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

All that in about 7 workdays - sure....

Spolier: they only have enough boards to build 20 of each title..

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we know what the limiting factor for Stern and manufacturing is these days? Is it labor, cabinets, parts, chips? The other manufacturers don't seem to have the same problem.

They are. Spooky has had to wait for boards for UM/HWN, and it doesn't seem like JJP or American are exactly cranking games out. Chips/boards and connectors are among the items delaying production.

2 months later
    #854 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

That is bad news on GZ - I have a pro and 3 premiums on order. Who knows how much they will cost by the time we get them.

Fuck man, leave some for those of us who want to play and not just resell...

1 week later
    #1107 2 years ago

Stern needs parts that are in higher demand than wall cladding and glass. Shipping is only part of the puzzle.

2 months later
    #2581 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

and i have a handful of stranger things toppers that id like to see gone. so if your willing to take one of those toppers of my hands ill make the following offers

Blast from the past... "So if y'all would be willing to buy a Popeye or three, you can have one of these nice shiny MK2 machines as well..."

Kidding, these are good deals here, I'm tempted to grab the DP pro but gotta save the bank for GZ pro.

Quoted from Tilt:

since my nex tshow with a booth might be 6 months

Yeah this is pinball show dry season now...

1 week later
    #2749 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

I really thought I said who it was Without saying it lol...... Yes it was Flip N out.

Sounds like you should just ring him up during the next podcast and publicly ask where the hell is my game...

#2789 1 year ago

C'mon y'all..

TAFG 1994

8 months later
    #5207 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Ya, I get that.....but if the purchaser is already paying for the shipping then my question was why does the game go from Illinois to Florida then back to Idaho?

Why is a guy in Idaho ordering from a Florida distributor?

#5271 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they never finished the original to add the namesake Crystal Skull wizard mode, let alone polish the rest of the game. But it was in the "Stern's almost outta business" period, so I get it. But why bring it back? I've never heard anyone praising it.

Stern sees people paying 15K for the WMS Indy, think they'd pay 9K for a Vault Indy? Not many Stern Indys got made so easy sale to ppl looking for the duo. I know I don't want one.

#5280 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

People pay for the original Indy because it's a better game.

I agree, I'm not saying the idea is sound, but if Stern does indeed vault IJ4 I'd imagine the price of the original factored into their decision.

1 week later
    #5461 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

one question:
    who in their right mind would record a single song onto a 90min cassette and label each cassette like that?

A dude I knew back in the day got hooked on GnR's Civil War when the Illusion albums first came out. He filled one side of a tape with that song so he could listen on repeat without rewinding. Don't question the single song tapes

#5480 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Thanks for letting me know not to do business with you. I don't put down non-refundable deposits, ever.

What's the point of a deposit if it's refundable? You're not really committing to buy and the dealer gets no real benefit from a deposit they may have to refund at any time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.