Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 164.
    #4901 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Are those ratings real?

There is no spoon.

#4902 1 year ago

those ratings are logarithmic?

#4903 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Remind me not to ask you about your options on games because your ratings are horrible.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

No one else takes the ratings here seriously. Why should I?

#4904 1 year ago

Yeah, everyone does the ratings according to what they own and trash everything they don’t own. Its a complete joke for sure lol.

#4905 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yeah, everyone does the ratings according to what they own and trash everything they don’t own. Its a complete joke for sure lol.

So true! Love how ACDC magically jumped 20 plus spots in 24 hours.

#4906 1 year ago

Straight 10 ratings are just as bad no?

#4907 1 year ago

I am sure this top 100 had RAZA at number 1 at one point.

#4908 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I am sure this top 100 had RAZA at number 1 at one point.

Proof, the false 100 is totally rigged if RAZA was ever number one (we know without a doubt its rigged).

#4909 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I find it interesting how some on this site crap on these machines. We are so lucky to have these toys available and even more fortunate if you can own one. I think that if you're so critical you should come up with a machine of your own just to show us how it's supposed to be done.

#4910 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Totaly untrue. Maybe a few yes but pletty here try to give an accurate assessment.

#4911 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

So true! Love how ACDC magically jumped 20 plus spots in 24 hours.

AC/DC jumped because we are in the process of separating the games that were listed as (Prem/LE) into separate Prem and LE records. The LE ratings for AC/DC were higher than the Prem, so it is now using the LE rating to determine the rank.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le

#4912 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

AC/DC jumped because we are in the process of separating the games that were listed as (Prem/LE) into separate Prem and LE records. The LE ratings for AC/DC were higher than the Prem, so it is now using the LE rating to determine the rank.

How did the LE have separate ratings before now if the Premium/LE were lumped together as one game?

#4913 1 year ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

How did the LE have separate ratings before now if the Premium/LE were lumped together as one game?

There's a new sticky post on the front page that explains everything:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le

#4914 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deadrock:

There's a new sticky post on the front page that explains everything:

I have seen that thread. I don't see where it answers the question that I asked.

#4915 1 year ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have seen that thread. I don't see where it answers the question that I asked.

I just answered your question over in that thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le#post-7385044

#4916 1 year ago

Interesting. Thank you for taking the time to explain.

#4917 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

I do only rate what I own because it’s what I have enough time on to feel qualified. I also can’t see any pinball machine that I’d rate below a 5 if I’m thinking 10=“love it” and 1 =“hate it”. There could be some that are clunky, not that fun, or just not to my taste but that would only get them to 5=“meh”. It’s probably why the SDTM reviews all end around a B

#4918 1 year ago

Ok I know it’s only the first of February, but I am super pumped for EHOH to hit the line this month.

#4919 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Totaly untrue. Maybe a few yes but pletty here try to give an accurate assessment.

Yes and whenever there’s talk about how to fix the top 100 it should start with purging bogus ratings like these what have MM as a 1 and Potc a 1 and Godzilla a 1.1.

These pins are not 1 or 1.1 period. It’s not somebody’s opinion it’s their agenda against good pins.

Like if someone says the Ford F150 is the worst pickup truck ever made or Porsche 911 is the worst car even made, that’s not an honest opinion it’s an agenda to downgrade what is arguably the class of its class.

Make no mistake, rating a pin 1.0 is not an opinion that the pin is a little weak in some area, a 1.0 is the lowest allowed by the rating. Nothing is lower than 1.0 on this rating scale.

#4920 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

You never had a buying agreement with Stern. You may have had a deposit towards a machine from a distributor to get a spot in line, but not a contract of I am buying X at X price guaranteed. Your distributor has no control over Stern pricing for later runs. There is no sales agreement to honor and nothing Stern can do for you.

Stern never had free shipping. Again that may have been a deal from a distributor, not Stern.

You're not telling me anything I don't know. I've discussed at length with my distro. Distros are stuck in the middle with stern taking so long to get games built, they take deposits and then stern increases the price at least once sometimes multiple times before they build a game. It's a shitty situation.

#4921 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Shit man, I am scared to see what games he gave decent ratings?!?!

TMNT Premium is 2 and TMNT Pro is 3 and then he turns around and calls Willie Wonka at 4 a top 10 game of all time...

#4922 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Distros are stuck in the middle with stern taking so long to get games built, they take deposits and then stern increases the price at least once sometimes multiple times before they build a game. It's a shitty situation.

This is one reason why I don't want to order any new games from Stern. It takes forever, the cost goes up, can't get parts if you need them, the initial code will be trash (possibly for a long time), and you don't have any opportunity to try the machine out or read/watch good reviews about it before deciding to buy. Even if a reviewer has an early access machine or you can play it at a pinball show it will still be the crappy incomplete code so it's not going to be a valid impression of the final product.

I wish somehow enough people would refuse to buy with this model so that Stern would have to change their ways.

#4923 1 year ago

5 of the last 6 Stern pins I bought after they were out a year(s) and the code was completed except for Godzilla which I bought on release day.

SW
    DP
    BM66
    JP
    Elvira

All were purchased 2 years after release but had a long wait for them as the pandemic etc.

#4924 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

This is one reason why I don't want to order any new games from Stern. It takes forever, the cost goes up, can't get parts if you need them, the initial code will be trash (possibly for a long time), and you don't have any opportunity to try the machine out or read/watch good reviews about it before deciding to buy. Even if a reviewer has an early access machine or you can play it at a pinball show it will still be the crappy incomplete code so it's not going to be a valid impression of the final product.
    I wish somehow enough people would refuse to buy with this model so that Stern would have to change their ways.

Refuse to buy? HAH!

You've got folks willingly throwing 20 THOUSAND at Stern, for a 1 level game with no video assets at all. Sadly, nothing will change, and Stern will keep doing what Stern does.

I don't buy NIB Sterns either for these same reasons, but sadly, we're in the minority.

#4925 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Refuse to buy? HAH!
    You've got folks willingly throwing 20 THOUSAND at Stern, for a 1 level game with no video assets at all. Sadly, nothing will change, and Stern will keep doing what Stern does.
    I don't buy NIB Sterns either for these same reasons, but sadly, we're in the minority.

I see the tides shifting after TS4CE and BondLE - those sold decently based on theme alone, but all the upcoming rumored Stern titles are going to take a big dookie @ $13k for 1000 LEs.

Yea - they sold some JB60s - but I don't think they sold all 500.

#4926 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

with no video assets at all

you're completely talking out of your ass. no one knows what the game includes or doesn't yet

#4927 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

you're completely talking out of your ass. no one knows what the game includes or doesn't yet

I'm still baffled that folks think Stern is going to put any assets on the 60th. If they had rights for film usage from ALL Bond movies for this game, they'd be trumpeting it for the entire world to see. It would be a massive part of the sales pitch. Notice anything different here from the normal Bond, to the 60th release:

Normal:

JB (resized).PNGJB (resized).PNG

JB60:

JB2 (resized).PNGJB2 (resized).PNG

They are clearly telling anyone that wants to read the sales pitch, the screen is for assignments, as we've seen.

I get it, folks want to believe some massive piece of the 60th game is yet to be determined, but....folks can read the marketing materials themselves and realize where this is going.

#4928 1 year ago

you're coo coo bananas if you read that as 'the game doesn't include film assets'. 'the screen where you learn assignments' literally doesn't specify anything. it could mean anything and everything, by design. it's called marketing. 'learn assignments' has about as much meaning as 'survive tactical precision shots against drop targets'

your blind rage at the price may be impacting your judgement. the most expensive game and license Stern has ever been associated with won't include movie assets? consider how ridiculous that is on the face of itself

#4929 1 year ago

Keep hoping against hope, I guess.

#4930 1 year ago

it seems more like you're hoping that it won't include the assets, for some weird reason?

in any case, just a couple weeks till we all know. if im wrong ill gladly admit that i was wrong.

but im not wrong.

#4931 1 year ago

the most expensive game and license Stern has ever been associated with won't include movie assets? consider how ridiculous that is on the face of itself

I don't think it is a ridiculous premise. The Bond licensing has been a fiasco. Would not surprise me a bit if Stern washes its hands clean of anything Bond and says "well folks you got what you got." Actually, that is most likely what will happen.

#4932 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I don't think it is a ridiculous premise. The Bond licensing has been a fiasco. Would not surprise me a bit if Stern washes its hands clean of anything Bond and says "well folks you got what you got." Actually, that is most likely what will happen.

#4933 1 year ago

With that said.... trust me I want to be wrong on this!

#4934 1 year ago

it seems more like you're hoping that it won't include the assets, for some weird reason?
    in any case, just a couple weeks till we all know. if im wrong ill gladly admit that i was wrong.
    but im not wrong.

I'm not 'hoping' anything. I'm just a realist, who knows if a feature was paid (and high priced) for by Stern, there is no chance in hell that it isn't going to be made known from the start.

#4935 1 year ago

Ok, that's all great, but what's on the Stern line?

#4936 1 year ago
    Quoted from Joker19:

Ok, that's all great, but what's on the Stern line?

Godzilla

#4937 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

I'm not 'hoping' anything. I'm just a realist, who knows if a feature was paid (and high priced) for by Stern, there is no chance in hell that it isn't going to be made known from the start.

Agreed. This whole issue was discussed ad nauseum in the Bond 60th hype thread (and probably still is).

#4938 1 year ago

As for on the line (back to the subject), I think GZ like was mentioned, with EHoH and some more Bond set to run this month I believe?

#4939 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

As for on the line (back to the subject), I think GZ like was mentioned, with EHoH and some more Bond set to run this month I believe?

Thank you. I guess we might have a peak at Factory Friday tomorrow.

#4940 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

I thought Bond was done until April?

#4941 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I thought Bond was done until April?

Probably right, guess I assumed maybe EHoH and GZ wouldn't be enough to fill the month, BUT considering how many GZ orders are still out there, that could be the case. I wonder how the stock counts are at distros, for Bond Pro/Prem at this point? Maybe they all have enough for now.

#4942 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

I wonder how the stock counts are at distros, for Bond Pro/Prem at this point? Maybe they all have enough for now.

I can't imagine any distributors pleading with Stern to allocate more Bond games to them.

#4943 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

I wonder how the stock counts are at distros, for Bond Pro/Prem at this point? Maybe they all have enough for now.

This would be like the Pontiac dealership wanting their entire lot filled with nothing but Azteks.

#4944 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I can't imagine any distributors pleading with Stern to allocate more Bond games to them.

There's 8 Bond prems and 8 pros on the market, so that's not a ton - I would guess the supply on those will dry up by EOM.

If however you are looking for a BondLE - there's 21 of those in the market.

#4945 1 year ago
    Quoted from gorgar007:

Straight 10 ratings are just as bad no?

Not when the lowest game on the Top 100 is 7.84!

The average Top 100 game has a rating of 8.5, and a 1.0 will harm that score five times more than a 10 will improve it.

Example: Worst case scenario, game only has one rating of 8.5. (but, but... is irrelevant) and gets

a 1: (8.5+1)/2=4.75, went down 3.75
    or a 10: (8.5+10)/2=9.25, went up .75
    3.75/.75=5 times the effect

The effect gets smaller with more existing ratings, but the 5 to 1 ratio stays the same, still talking about that 8.5 rating.

Now, if the average rating was 5.5, a 1 or a 10 would have the same size effect. But it's even worse for a rating above 8.5! For a mythical lone 10, a new 10 has no effect at all, while a 1 would knock it down from 10 to (10+1)/2=5.5!

If I ran these ratings, I'd quietly count any rating lower than a 5 as a 5. I think that would balance out the ratings a lot.

#4946 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not when the lowest game on the Top 100 is 7.84!
    The average Top 100 game has a rating of 8.5, and a 1.0 will harm that score five times more than a 10 will improve it.
    Example: Worst case scenario, game only has one rating of 8.5. (but, but... is irrelevant) and gets
    a 1: (8.5+1)/2=4.75, went down 3.75
    or a 10: (8.5+10)/2=9.25, went up .75
    3.75/.75=5 times the effect
    The effect gets smaller with more existing ratings, but the 5 to 1 ratio stays the same, still talking about that 8.5 rating.
    Now, if the average rating was 5.5, a 1 or a 10 would have the same size effect. But it's even worse for a rating above 8.5! For a mythical lone 10, a new 10 has no effect at all, while a 1 would knock it down from 10 to (10+1)/2=5.5!
    If I ran these ratings, I'd quietly count any rating lower than a 5 as a 5. I think that would balance out the ratings a lot.

Well said, I was going to say something similar but you said if so much better.

#4947 1 year ago

Pretty sure Bond Premium or 60 is on the line based on their production schedule.

#4948 1 year ago

Real?!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4949 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Real?!
    [quoted image]

He was on the Marco Twitch stream this week but I wasn’t able to watch it. That’s the only place I would imagine him discussing that, if at all.

#4950 1 year ago

If no Elivira this month hopefully that means more GZPre’s being built.

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.