Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#813 2 years ago

With ST season 4 about to come out in a few months, and it being renewed for a Season 5 (2023?)..... interest will be rekindled in a big way.
    Shouldn't there be another run or two on this one?

Every pin I like the most, are the one's Stern doesn't like building!! (Elvira & ST) HA!!

#817 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

There's a new 4th season of Star Trek?!

Stranger Things = ST

I guess that's true too, ST = Star Trek. HA!!

Oh for a new classic Next Generation Pin and not all this remake/reboot stuff.

#818 2 years ago

Just curious..... regardless of what's on the line for the machines..... how does accessory manufacturing work with Stern?
    They just pop out without rhyme or reason? Or just the initial run and that's it? Does demand drive it?
    I'm new, so just trying to understand.

1 week later
    #950 2 years ago

Do "The Pin" versions actually sell that well? Seems like a whole lot of production time for something that doesn't sell.

#971 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I put a deposit on Elvira but was told not guaranteed because Stern could lower the build number.
    I wish Stern could make as many as necessary especially as it’s the last Lyman game at Stern.

Not only that, I hope they do one more special version of it. The 40th sold out, and at the highest price ever. Doesn't need to be a 40th caliber, but something above a premium? Oh yeah.... I'd move my deposit from a premium to something a little more loaded. Is it Lyman's last Stern game, or Lyman's last finished game?

I wouldn't be surprised if the build on the next premium run is early/mid next year and not Nov. If they DO hate building these the easy way to cut down on the numbers is run the clock, release a couple new pins and watch people cancel. Tough to build? Please. Money is money. There was no pro, they're making a killing off these boxes. One for one this has to be the most profitable pin Stern makes. Cassandra isn't an expensive license at all, and she's eager to cash out and retire.

#973 2 years ago

Are you sure?

When I was trying to find somewhere I could get a deposit on a premium, I casually asked three of the places if they had the 40th and all of them were sold out.

#1155 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:Here's something for What is on the line at Stern. This is the projected schedule with Godzilla starting this week. If you have any info pertaining to what's on the line or if you are confirmed with an order, please let us know.
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Just curious: The new cornerstone, only part of Aug? How can they fill demand with such a short initial run? Is that "normal"? Unless they dump the two months of "the pin" (although I don't know why they'd spend so much time on those, I don't think they sell well). If it's BTTF, Bond or something else which is really popular demand could eclipse GZ. You'd think with them dumping one title for the year they'd keep the one they're expecting to sell better on the schedule.
    My distro said could be March before my EHOH is run, and that makes sense to me considering the situation.

#1217 2 years ago

Sure would be nice if there would be one more run of (Premium) STH. Everything points to no on that one though.

#1221 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Do you guys think April could be the last run of JP pro and premiums?

Personally I think so, it's three years old. Probably only lasted this long since it has a large fan base and movies are still running.
    Everything else from that year is gone....
    Black Knight: Gone
    Munsters: Gone
    STH: Gone
    EHOH: Almost Gone
    JP: ?

Would be nice if they had an official policy of making pins available for three years, then there wouldn't be any guessing. I'd buy a Munsters or STH if they still made them.
    Funny how Star Wars and DP are still being produced even though they are older than these. Must have sold really well.

#1254 2 years ago

Still don't understand why they don't do an official "last call" for all models.

Seems like they'd get one last push of sales if they would.

1 week later
    #1509 2 years ago

That's hilarious...... I just ordered one. LOL!! No problem waiting.

Bring on 2024!!!!

HA!!!

#1553 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:Does seem that as more and more people flock to trusted/reputable/well-known distributors they end up back of the line. Those places can get 1k requests, but stern will only give them a small percentage. While smaller distributors might get something like 50 requests and have a better chance of getting all of them in.Its a weird balance. Sure Stern could give the bigger shops a higher allocation, but then they'd end up screwing over smaller/newer businesses.

Or they could just fill all orders and not do allocations. Want 1000 units? Here's a 1000 units.

I can see (maybe) them doing allocations for dealers, but distros? Sell them as many as they want. Distro's should be holding stock for a long time after a game ceases, that's why they're distros after all (and why they get better wholesale pricing over a dealer).

#1579 2 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Yep, I didn’t get mine either

Right? My $1 deposit on Monday didn't get me one either!! ROBBED!!!

#1618 2 years ago

I know!! Stern can sell a "Fast-Pass"... for more money, you can bypass the line and get your game faster!! They want to be closer to Disney right?
    Insider Connected Ultra+ Status
    "Limited" to 5000 members
    $12K Premium only

OR for a better experience..... choose the "Personal VIP build tour".... bypass the "fast-pass" line and experience 1st hand the magic of pinball making as we put YOU to work on the 2nd line assembling machines for all the dregs who aren't VIP's! We'll build your machine immediately on the 1st line, and Gomez will come out to personally bless your machine before being thrown onto the pallet at the end of the shift.
    Insider Connected Ultra+ Super VIP, Gomez Status
    Limited to 1000 members
    $18K LE

Or for the ultimate experience.... choose "Gary's Inner Circle of Friends"...... with each new release you will be afforded a DAY 1 impersonal non specific recorded message from Gary telling you your credit card has been billed $30k and receive an obligated LE machine with each new release, customized with the limited Elvira shocked face mirrored decal sticker on the left side of the cab, a super limited Gary shocked face mirrored decal sticker on the right side of the cab, a personal message which plays at system boot in Gary's voice "Thanks [name], you're my friend", AND a SUPER.... LIMITED.... NUMBERED..... PLAQUE...... on every surface of the machine!!! Proving for all time the machine and all it's parts are genuine matched Stern OEM issue: AN INDUSTRY 1st!!
    (Topper not included).
    Insider Connected Ultra+ Platinum VIP, We Like you More than a distro, Gary's Rolodex Status
    Limited to as many as can pay.
    $30k Super Duper Signature Ultra Awesome Once in a Lifetime until next time: LE

There's always a way to fix a problem and give people what they want....

LOL!!!

#1644 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Easy solution for Stern: reduce the LE number to 200 and have a list price of $12,000
    That way, Stern removes the dudes who flip, who can flip away...at least Stern (who's making these) gets the extra $$$. I have no problem with that, they have a large company to run and employees to pay.
    IMO, this would be kind of the end of the problem. We win, because this problem goes away...and Stern wins. The machine flippers/greed heads...lose.
    I'm a player, not a collector, so I couldn't give a crap about having an LE. You need the extra features, purchase a Premium. Pro is a great machine most of the time, anyway. Sometimes, better.

That will have the opposite effect: It's supply and demand.

Increase the # of LE's, not reduce them. Most LE's don't leave collections anyway, so let more have the warm fuzzy. Won't have any effect on secondary market, with the exception of a slightly lower top ceiling on price. Scalpers go out of business since supply meets demand = no markup.
    1000 should be the starting # of a LE, maybe extend it to 2000 or 2500.
    JJP was absolutely right (IMO) in having enough available serials to continually make more, and then retire a game before the allocated number was used up.
    Everyone wins except scalpers. Of course the limiting factor is production speed, but if people know they can get the model they want - the FOMO ends and Stern winds up selling even MORE high priced models.

If you want an "extra" tier higher than LE, that's great! They should do it for every model. That can be 200-500 units.

Standard (Pro), Standard+ (Premium), Numbered (LE), Elite Showoff (Whatever you want to call it).
    You could easily sell triple the amount of a numbered editions if they were available... and if a specific game doesn't sell well, then you stop production and the numbering ends, making it more rare than expected. So simple.

#1646 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The LE really should be the CE to just take the word limited out of there. Make as many as the market will bear. Multiple runs. Some people want that mirrored backglass, which ONLY comes on the top machine. Why limit it? Make the top one the Collector's model and make all the market wants, on multiple runs. Sure, you'll have a WWE LE dud with leftover stock stinking up the warehouse for years every now and again, but with a small initial run of the "normal" 500 or so, Stern can gauge the market and re-run more if the market demands. It really is leaving a not-insignificant amount of money on the table, and Stern hates that, so why are they ok with it now?

Yup, I agree.

My wife used to work in the art world..... and it was all the same game: Limited this, exclusive that.... in the end, none of it meant a thing. You'd run one print at a certain size and that was a "limited edition". Then the artist would go back and sign another run of the same print, now it was a different "limited edition". Then they'd go back, print out the same print and have the artist put a couple hand drawn dots on the print (such as white areas in wave highlights, or blue in the sea, or put a star or two in the sky) and that was another "limited edition".
    When all that was done, they'd go back and make a different size of the print and run the same scam all over again.... all new runs of "limited editions".
    The buyers all thinking they had a "one of a kind, special thing", which they did but so did several thousand other people. HA!!
    Only once a painting was "retired" would it end, but even then wait a couple decades and a new printing technology comes out promising "better" and the cycle starts all over again.

Pinheads (or any niche) are the same marks that exist in any hobby or interest. Many want something that others can't have, the same snobby elitism that pervades everything (sadly). For many it isn't about having something good, it's only about having something that others can't so they feel better about themselves.
    In art there is only one way to actually achieve this: The Holy Grail: The original painting.
    Can't do this in pinball since there is no singular original, but you could come close to it: A Reference Grade Pinball machine made in very limited quantities (similar to the fanatic audiophile and vintage audiophile communities). While the pin community thinks that's what an LE is (since that's all they've ever known) the truth is "standard" Limited Editions are nothing special in most other niches and are used liberally and loosely.
    Stern and the other pins makers need to figure this out.... fast. Their growth and ability to sustain a healthy audience depends on it. Rule #1 of business is to give the paying consumer what they want, and most people in any niche want a special number on the item giving them a false sense of security that their purchase was a smart one.

#1674 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The list for this pin is so dang long, whomever ordered last year is actually dreaming they will get one in the next run.
    Not gonna happen.

Only if the distro is taking too many orders and aren't gong to get their full allocation. How big the list is and where you are on that list is what matters.

Also I had seen one distro increase the price by $1000 to $9999 (Granted that is only one, does it foretell that the next run will see a thousand dollar increase? and if so will that reduce the number of peeps on the existing list?).

#1818 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Wish stern would move games they aren't going to make anymore to the archive section as soon as they know that. Everyone's saying they aren't going to make any more IMDN but it's not been moved yet

Always a chance when we get to 2023 there will be one more run before they lob things into the archive.

1 week later
    #1938 2 years ago

Maybe it's time for a third line?

#1948 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Looks like AIQ is finished or finishing on the line next couple days. So Rush is primarily on the line. Pros start shipping this week. If you get notice of your Pro or Premium, share with everyone. I'm currently waiting on my AIQ which is set to arrive any minute today.
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Just curious: There's two titles listed each month and there's two production lines..... but often it sounds like only one title is ran at a time.
    Is there any difference in capacity between the two lines or are they identical? Do they run a single title on both lines at the same time, or two different titles running concurrently? Was just wondering how that worked.

#1999 1 year ago

Seems like people are getting pins left and right...... a distro I talked to yesterday said they're getting shipments weekly now. Of course they're all spoken for with pre-orders, but they also said they've had several people say they weren't interested anymore and down the waiting list they go to offload the machines.

I wonder how long it will actually take to get mostly caught up. All the fake orders in the system are gonna shake out before long.

#2004 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I don't think there are alot of "fake" orders but there are certainly double and triple orders out there. I know one guy that has deposits/his name on the list on Godzilla at 5 distros.

Well, that's a fake order..... or rather a bunch of fake orders.

#2032 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

when i ordered stranger things from coiontaker, it was shipped to me from chicago. Automated also ships some of their games from chicago. I don't think it's a secret

I wonder why some do that and others don't.

The ones who dropship generally don't charge shipping right?

#2040 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Out of curiosity - once Stern knows how their allocations are going to shake out amongst the distributors for a game that is actively on the line, does the distro get a single notification from Stern saying "Hey - we're making RUSH Premium right now. You're absolutely going to get X in this run, please collect payment as appropriate" with X being the absolute final number for that run?
    Or is it a "trickling" in where a distro could be told "Hey - we FINISHED X of your RUSH Premium orders today, heads up - X units will be ready to ship in two weeks." where X could only be a portion of their total allocation for that production run? There would then be the possibility that a notification like this could come in every couple/few days.
    I know the situation is "fluid", but the first scenario would be much less fluid than the second scenario. Obviously it would be best to ask a distro this directly, but I hate to bug one if this is otherwise common knowledge amongst the group here.

I asked a distro this a couple days ago, and they said Stern tells them their allocation at some point before the run starts (weeks or months - it depends) and then they receive the allocation in pieces as they are built.

So as I understand it:
    Dealer/Distro orders X amount of units (example 10).
    Stern sits on the order until closer to production time.
    At some point Stern calls/emails and says you're getting X (example 8).
    Dealer/Distro hopefully hasn't taken more than 10 deposits, and starts fulfilling as the product comes in. With any luck, enough dropouts to make the allocation of 8 work for everyone by the time they receive all the units (people getting filling by their multiple deposits at different distros, or just not wanting the machine anymore for whatever reason).

Sure would be nice if the dealer/distro could order X and actually get X. That would eliminate the multiple deposits at various places and give Stern a much better understanding of real demand. Would help us have confidence that we will get the machine too.

1 week later
    #2120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Where does this actually come from? Is this from information from various sources pieced together or is an actual released list that is given to distributors?

The distros will get the official production list for the 2nd half of the year in July (that's what mine told me anyway).

#2139 1 year ago

Stern is kicking them out left and right, soon no one will be waiting for anything.

Pretty impressive.

#2141 1 year ago

Half to 70% of the backlog gone by the end of July. 100% gone before the end of the year. There isn't 20K "real" backorders.

#2146 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Ok that's why I'm still a year out on GZ - tend to disagree with inevitable parts shortages shutting down the line a few times already...

That's totally understandable...... I just look at the # of people here saying their pin is arriving or has arrived. Nice sample of what is happening out there.

2000+ a month for Stern, so around 16K pins to be built before the end of the year. The only variable is the new one in Aug and parts.
    Once you take out all the fake orders.... I think they clear the backlog easily.

#2149 1 year ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The greater problem is that many people aren't going to walk away from their 'fake' orders. They are just going to put up a for sale post with a picture of box and a make a quick $2-3k for doing nothing.

I don't know.... it's possible. I see the prices going down in the marketplace already, and ads lasting longer than before.
    Are we past peak pinball already? More supply will only make that trend accelerate.
    People seem to be waiting on pins they already ordered vs. placing new orders like crazy.
    Another 10-20 days in the markets like today and you'll see a lot of people drop out and dummy up with their money.

Flipping stops when there's no one to flip to, then it's just a race to the exits.

#2154 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Holy sh*t. That is a LOOOONG wait!

How many people plopped down a dollar? Several hundred FAKE orders (or maybe thousands, who knows).
    Feels good to have a "spot"...... all those people taking delivery? Not a chance.

It'll be great when Cointaker starts calling people on the list later this year: it'll go something like this
    CT: Your game is here
    Big Spend: What?!?!? I thought I had until 2024!!!
    CT: Yeah that's what everyone thought.... you got the cash? It's 9K, oh wait Stern just increased the price. That'll be $9600
    Big Spend: Um, well... I wasn't expecting this so soon.... I've got 20 bucks. Since I've got you on the line, can I reserve the next 20 releases? LE's please.
    CT: *CLICK*

1 week later
    #2235 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I didn't see anyone say anything about dp premiums only pros

Maybe they'll pull another Stranger Things......

Stern: "Here's some pros"
    Pinheads: "We want premiums"
    Stern: "HERE'S SOME PROS"
    Pinheads: "We're waiting for premiums"
    Stern: "We no longer have the license"
    Pinheads:

1 week later
    #2509 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:Be very careful - some offer fully refundable if you canx, others are non-refundable. Ask questions before plopping down a grand.

Yup that's right...... and I bet once everyone is caught up, the norm will become nonrefundable.

#2519 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

For anyone who doesn't want to scroll through a bunch of talk about distros, this is what's on the line:
    May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Thanks JackG!!

That looks like a solid end of year schedule, great to see the cornerstone fill out the calendar.
    Very nice

Now if they would drop those "the pin" times and build more EHOH's.

#2613 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Yes I've I've also noticed that you can find AIQ, Mando, TMNT, lz and Rush either here or at distis. In my search for Godzilla premium I even found a few distributors who have Godzilla pros available right now and are selling at MSRP. Seems like they are staring to catching up on a lot

Backlog will either be totally gone or almost gone by the end of the year.

Halfway there by the end of June. The only outlier is GZ, but I bet a lot of those will evaporate when the next cornerstone is announced.
    People love the latest and greatest (excludes music pins).

1 week later
    #2801 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Stern added a small run of guardians of the galaxy pros in September.

Uggh...... why does Stern do this? People usually want premiums. I'd be interested in a GOTG premium, but not a pro.
    They did the same thing with Stranger Things at the end:

Stern: "Here's some pros"
    People: "We want premiums"
    People: "We're waiting for premiums"
    Stern: "Game archived due to lack of demand"
    People:

#2812 1 year ago

Thanks Stern for the last calls on STH and IM

Oh..... right.

Why is this news having to come from a distro? It should be on Stern's site for all customers to see and know...... not some privileged info coming out of a shady warehouse backroom, disseminated in a cloud of cigar smoke by a fat sweaty underworld pinball kingpin ruling over the local chapter of the cult Stern Illuminati.

#2874 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:So is the LZ the fastest Spike 2 pin to go from release to retirement? Released December 2020, retired August 2022. 19 months...
    By comparison GOTG was released in October of 2017, and will get retired in September 2022. 58 Months...

That's a little deceptive though..... when was the last run of premiums for GOTG? Some of us will only buy Premium or above: it essentially has been OOP for a long time already.

1 week later
    #3007 1 year ago

Since more GZ has rolled off the line...... how many $1 Cointakers have been filled here?
    I'd imagine that list has to be insanely long......maybe the longest ever?

Now that would be fun, figuring out where you are on the list. HA!!!

Pinhead: "Where am I on the list?"
    Cointaker: "You are 3579 on the list"
    Pinhead: "Really? What is your allocation for July?"
    Cointaker: "50..... assuming we get completely filled on this next run..... we do have 5000 ordered and we're expecting some to drop out"
    Pinhead: "Oh.......... so you're saying there's a chance!!"

1 week later
    #3069 1 year ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Stern would have to renew the license which isn't out of the realm of possibilities.
    They would sell a ton just from pent up demand and even more now with season 4 being a big hit. I'm sure Stern employees are reading this right now and are probably thinking the same thing.

Yup...... but what a weird vault right?

Canceled.....[one year passes]..... here's a vault of it.

HA!!

Nothing has ever gone into the archive and then come back from the archive right?

#3076 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Stern on Facebook hinted at the possibility of a future run of Stranger Things.

When did they do that?

#3127 1 year ago

I think Stern is already bored of building GZ, Rush, JP, DP...... they'd much rather be making something (or somethings) else.

Give them six months and it'll be the same old story:

Pinheads: "We want GZ premium"
    Stern: "Here's some Pro's"
    Pinheads: "We want GZ premium"
    Pinheads: "We are waiting for premiums"
    Stern: "Discontinued. Low demand, no need to renew the license"
    Pinheads:

#3139 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Not even close to true.
    Some people will think twice or not buy but to say no one will be buying is just not even remotely true. A recession doesn't mean everyone is out of work, most people will still be fully employed and buying things as usual. People living hand to mouth aren't buying pinball machines anyway.

I don't think this is right at all.

When has Stern been in danger of going under?
    Just after 2001 when the .com bubble burst.
    Just after 2009 when the housing market blew up.

Seems to me, a recession would put a big dent in their sales but they have also learned how to survive.

They'll be just fine selling 4,000 LE's a year to those with money no matter what happens, but their premium and pro sales could go into the crapper.

Great business model. Very resilient, and they learned it the hard way.

#3142 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern isn't the same Stern as it was then. It's basically controlled by an investment group now that bailed them out after they almost went under in the housing crash era.

Oh I didn't know they were taken over...... ouch, so it's not just JJP.

1 week later
    #3225 1 year ago

The distro's are told their allocation beforehand.

If I was a dealer/distro I'd be sending invoices as soon as I knew too (for a specific run). Gotta run thru those people who are dropping out and get to the good orders.

#3233 1 year ago

Looks like this is the final run (last call) for Star Wars in addition to GOTG and LZ. Star Wars had a good run @ just over 5 years!
    [quoted image]

That is great news!!! Star Wars has ran way too long as it is. Good riddance!!

#3255 1 year ago

Any guesses on how much of the backlog has been cleared?

I still think it will all be gone by end of year (which is why they are wiping out LZ, GOTG, SW and EHOH(?) )
    Except GZ of course. I wonder if there will still be outstanding orders for that when it gets canceled in a couple years. Guess it all boils down to 4+ releases a year or not starting next year. 5 releases (with Kapow) and there won't be time on the line to make that many more GZ (or any other catalog game for that matter).

1 week later
    #3289 1 year ago
    Quoted from ripple:

I talked to my distributor yesterday. He said productions of Elvira was moved from November to December. I put down a deposit in Jan. and it sounded like I just barley made the list of how many he excepted to receive in the next run.

I wonder when they will be told their allocations for that run?

My distro had alluded that he would know in July sometime. Seems like a pretty big lead time to know what you're going to be getting.

1 week later
    #3423 1 year ago
    Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

What the hell do they mean "If"?

It's been on the line for five years already. Almost twice the length of a successful standard run, and three times the length of a shorter title run.
    How long should it be produced?

#3441 1 year ago

I hope allocation news for the rest of the year hits soon.

All those final run games and people wondering if they will get one.

#3463 1 year ago

I wonder if they are just trying to crush as many GZ's before the next game takes over the line and steals the limelight.

They know ahead of time if they have a real winner or not. Sell 'em a GZ and then wow them with something else for another sale instead of having people cancel their GZ to get whatever is new.

#3498 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Announced today Stern bumped up TMNT Pro and Premiums from December to being built next month in September.
    Also was informed this is the final run of this title.
    If this game is on your radar for new.......pre-order now or never. All dealers like myself have a limited
    allocation for this LAST CALL build.
    We currently have in stock:
    Rush Premium (3 on hand)
    If anyone is looking for this title right now, drop me a line.

Excellent..... Stern is cleaning house!!!
    Last call and drop TMNT, SW, GOTG, IM, JP, LZ, DP, EHOH, AIQ, Mando...... do limited vaults where needed but not on the regular line.
    Then they can get to 4 new titles a year unimpeded.
    Six months without a new title: we're behind by two right now.

#3512 1 year ago

Yes....... teaser tomorrow..... Stern knows TS4 can only be beat by a game with a number at the end of it.....

Here's what it should be......

LSL2!!!

Leisure-Suit-Larry-Goes-Looking-for-Love-In-Several-Wrong-Places (resized).jpgLeisure-Suit-Larry-Goes-Looking-for-Love-In-Several-Wrong-Places (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #3608 1 year ago

Really looking forward to an announcement about the next run of EHOH. It'd be nice to know when it's going to be scheduled and let the dealers get their allocation numbers.

I'm totally fine with them getting LZ, TMNT and GOTG out first though. The catalog needs to be thinned for the new year.

I bet EHOH and IM have their final runs in Q1 2023 before the April cornerstone release.

1 week later
    #3690 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

I was told Dec for EHOH by the dealer I use.

I was told Q1 2023

1 week later
    #3744 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

The schedule has been updated. LZ is finishing up on the line. TMNT has been moved to December due to crowding and wanting to make sure Bond gets out. And looks like they are dedicating a lot of space/time on the main line to Bond through the end of the year.
    Sep 2022 - LZ Pro & Premium (final run)
    Sep 2022 - SW Pro & Premium (any leftover orders that weren't run in August)
    Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (final run)
    Sep 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Oct - Nov 2022 - Bond LE & Premium & Pro (for home buyers)
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium (final run)

Always appreciate this list you put together

4 weeks later
    #4003 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Can this happen, sure, its almost immpossible to prevent. It has alway been location games first, and some distributor would hook a buddy up type thing and you see it for sale right away. To help prevent it, distributors now have to fill out a form for every operator, with a bunch of information. and if that operator doesnt not oeprate the game, they will not be able to get in on the first batch again

Sheesh, talk about an unhealthy stranglehold....... Control supply, control price, control who can be sold product (and when), select which groups of customers are allowed to have product (and when), track customers and verify if they are complying, blacklist & punish those who don't comply.

I wonder how long it will be before these machines have a remote kill switch and require a terms of service & annual license to function.

#4019 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

September 2021, still waiting on mine

Was it a $1 special?

#4028 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

No, but they’re a no risk way to get on a list that’s a mile long. From a highly visible vendor.

I really like the $1 special.... wish they had that for every title.
    What would be nice is if they had some sort of regular update about where they are on the orders (such as "we're filling July 2021 $1 specials right now"), that way there would be some kind of indication of how much further away your order month is and can have fun guessing based on Stern's production calendar.

Then again, a dollar is just a dollar and you can't expect anything for a dollar really..... but for a buck I have just as much information as two $1000 deposits I have sitting out there. Maybe a dollar is a better deposit after all.

I got my $1 special in April, so that's what? 2024?

#4033 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Of course. Besides, no need to make too many GZ at $9000 when in 2 months they can sell them at 9700.. surprised they are making any now actually

Except no one waited for 2023 to hike the prices...... they've already been the new 2023 price for a month or two.

#4035 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Only Bond should be. In January, all games go to Bond prices.

If you check the distro websites, almost all the prices are Bond prices now, and they have been for at least a month (depending on the distro).
    What is not clear is: Did Stern already hike? Or did the distros hike early to get that spread as additional profit for the next couple months?

The average premium prices and spread I'm seeing (averaging across :FNO, CT, GEX, Fun, LSG)
    Bond: $9700
    GZ: $9700
    AIQ: $9500
    JP: $9500
    DP: $9500
    EHOH: $10K+ (TBD)
    Rush: $9k - $9500
    Mando: $9k - $9500
    SW: $8700 - $9500

So except the oldest and least desirable, which you potentially can find on the lower end of the price scale at only a couple vendors, all the averages are $9500-$9700 which is 2023 pricing. There are still 5000 machines to be built in 2022 (although many will be Bond). That's a lot of machines which should still be 2022 pricing unless Stern was the one to already hike.

1 week later
    #4105 1 year ago
    Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

I’ve had an Elvira on order since June of 2021. I actually even have a topper and Medisynl Mods, plus a camper mod just waiting for the game. I was told by my distributor that Stern will “probably” make one final batch and he was told by Stern he would be unlikely to have his entire order of EHOH pins fulfilled. So some people on his list and many others lists are probably going to be disappointed. Definitely not a win for him or his customers.

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you..... but it's not just EHOH orders that are going to feel the pain as Stern cancels all the other older games too.

They want a clean slate, and flush all the 2019+ games they didn't fulfill deliveries on. LZ, TMNT, EHOH, JP, DP, IM, GOTG, SW....... all gone. Maybe even AIQ and Mando too.
    Too many new games coming in 2023 to maintain the current roster. Slice and dice.
    Only thing we can hope for is a proper "last call" with premiums instead of the typical force-fed run of Pro's or Stern's absolute favorite thing to do: "Oh you have a deposit on a premium? How cute.... F-U the game is canceled!!!".

Stern is tired of people asking when their game will be on the line, they're gonna flip everyone the bird and move on to the next game, and then move on to the next game, and move on to the next game. 2023 will be swamped in new stuff and a bloodbath for old stuff.

#4118 1 year ago

Now Stern can waste most of the month building home-pin versions no one wants.

Should satisfy demand!!!

#4120 1 year ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

I had a good feeling this morning when I saw others had posted about their games now shipping. Sure enough, right afterwards I got the email that my GZ Premium was in transit. Only ordered this thing about a month ago while half-thinking there was no way I was actually getting one this soon.

Wow, that's amazing. A lot of people have been waiting a year.

#4129 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I see this in a lot of distros. This titles are not sellling? Or is it that actually nothing is selling?

Sales are slowing down for sure..... and heaping on another price increase surely isn't going to help.
    Who's going to pay Bond prices for old titles? I'm not.

A premium should be $7800....... not $9000, and absolutely not $9700

What are you getting for the extra $1900 paid? NOTHING!!!
    People are slowly figuring it out.

1 week later
    #4226 1 year ago

It'll be very interesting to see a schedule for 23, I hope one comes soon.

#4239 1 year ago

So a $26 million lease..... they can't construct a purpose built building for that much dough?

You'd think they'd want an asset if they're spending that much cash.

#4257 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:Deprecation on commercial property is over 39 years, so yes in some sense the lease makes more sense. Probably more importantly though is companies aren’t getting ROI on buildings. Stern isn’t in the business of owning commercial property. A 26 million dollar building would end up leading to a lower ROA. Plus if there is ever a downturn they could be stuck with a massive piece of non-productive commercial property. All reasons why companies lease more frequently.

I know this is what most people think (and most businesses I deal with now days don't own their buildings anymore either), but if the ROI was bad, then there wouldn't be landlords.

I think most people have been conned out of intelligent long term decisions for the perception of a quick buck.
    Look at the Las Vegas casinos..... they sold their land and buildings to RIT companies. Was that smart? The RIT's are very happy to own Vegas now. They're thinking long term.

The people who own land in Manhattan, they never sell. Businesses come and go, but the land and the buildings are where the real generational wealth and power is.

#4264 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Ownership equals risk. Companies have ebbed and flowed in the amount of vertical and horizontal integration they’ve engaged in for years. I’m just giving some examples of why they would choose the path they have. There is no single wrong or right answer. It’s situationally specific.

It is a very interesting question. Management (not just in America) has been struggling to answer it for a few decades now (since the 80's).

I guess I'm old school since I'm of the opinion that complete vertical integration is the best form of production, recruitment, and TQM...... but then again, I'm a Deming student and that line of thinking (Sadly) has been tossed in the trash.
    I like to think of what the pandemic would have been like had all the companies still been vertically configured and not "just in time". The world would have yawned and moved on with little disruption at all..... but we'll never really know.

2 weeks later
    #4535 1 year ago

Com'on production schedule for Q1/Q2 23'

We wanna see it

#4544 1 year ago
    Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just want a EHOH Christmas miracle. Come on Stern.

You kidding? If there was an opening for EHOH now, Gary would schedule it for Jan 2nd just to apply a price increase.

Gary: "And a happy new year....... FOR MEEEEEEEE!!!!"

#4548 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Aren't there a bunch of people wanting the premium and like no one wanting the home version? I don't understand stern sometimes.

It's simple: They won't send anything out which isn't going to be sold at Bond pricing. They could have pumped out 6k+ units of older titles which are backordered at older prices the last couple months..... or they could build Bond Pros, home pins and last call titles no one wants..... The last call titles aren't going to sell anyway, so they will get the higher pricing as well. They know all the people waiting so long for older games will already pay the higher price, so no reason to be good to those people (it's an extra 4 mil or so for Stern, free profit, they're not giving that up). All they're doing is providing inventory to distros to try and squeak out a few extra sales they wouldn't have had otherwise for the end of the year.

It's all about price.

#4582 1 year ago
    Quoted from JPloof:Any updates on the run of Iron Maiden toppers that were 'supposed' to be August/September?

Maybe they're on hold while Stern figures out if they can be bothered to build more games?

#4650 1 year ago

What's the latest? This is what's known, right?

Jan - Bond
    Feb - ???/EHOH
    Mar - ????
    Apr - ????
    May - ???/IM
    Jun - ???/JP(?)
    July - ????
    Aug - ????
    Sept - ???
    Oct - ????
    Nov - ????
    Dec - ????

2 weeks later
    #4723 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea i'm wondering on Maiden. It might be my last pin for a long long while and thinking of getting in on the last run if it is.

If Stern is going to discontinue at least two a year (last year was four models: LZ, TMNT, 2 Homepins), then I wonder which it'll be this year?
    IM and DP? EHOH also? SW's run comes to an end?

Going to be interesting.

#4726 1 year ago

Hasn't IW been running for a while now? DP also so can see both of those if they plan to keep SW going. Star Wars still sells well, while it seems the marvel stuff has slowed... if Venom is happening they maybe want to cut down on the Marvel content too to bring in a new Marvel replacement.

I wonder too...... but I'm not sure if SW really is a great seller, I'm sure it's a steady moderate seller but not a great one. If it was still hot then they'd be making the comic art version.

You're right about too much Marvel.... I wonder if AIQ is on the chopping block. I love that ramp game, but I don't love the theme. Part of me thinks JP should be on the block too. Get rid of everything 2019 and prior.

3 weeks later
    #4856 1 year ago

Wow, I thought EHOH was at the end of Feb......

#4968 1 year ago

How I imagine Stern with their parts issues..... or maybe how the Stern customers feel about Stern's parts problems

Com'on Stern or else we are Doomed........ Dooomed...... DOOMED!!!

#5044 1 year ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

I think I remember awhile back on Zach Meny's podcast he said it was 30% of his pre-order list getting covered so some dealers have a lot more orders than allocation.

My distro said he was only getting a quarter of what he asked for (and had deposits sitting for all of them). That can't be fun: calling people waiting for years and telling them "Yeah, sorry about the 25% price increase and oh by the way.... you didn't make the cut either, sorry. Maybe next year IF they make more next year. Glad to have your deposit, call you in a year or so."

#5068 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

Still patiently waiting for my Godzilla from CT, ordered 12/20/21...hoping I am in this months batch.

Relax, it's as good as yours!!!

Slap down that buck and call it a day!!

I wish every game could be had for a dollar. SOOOOO much better than the $500-$1000 everyone else wants just to secure a place in line.

Wonder how many spots were bought for a dollar, and where they are on their list. Good to know they are still in 2021 orders.... but where? Oct? Nov?
    Two big GZ runs this year, maybe they'll get to the early 2022 orders before the year is out. Maybe Stern will send them more allocation. Surely Stern asks them how many orders they have and do some adjustment? If Brand-X has 100 GZ orders and CT has 1500 GZ orders then Stern throws them a couple extra each time the merry-go-round spins. Right?

#5079 1 year ago

Looking forward to factory Friday and confirmation that GZ has been on the line this week. One week down, two to go

I wonder when the next cornerstone begins production in earnest. After the Bond fiasco I'd imagine they'll want a ready supply for the launch and toss them out the door fast.
    With everyone else releasing games over the next month, will they get in front of it all and announce 1st? Or right after JJP puts out their next game later this month and take the wind out of their sales?

Com'on leak of pictures......

#5082 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Bond 60 was on the line this week though?

Oh right, 60th was this week..... hmmmmm.

So if GZ has three weeks on the line, where does EHOH fit in? March? But then we're into the next Cornerstone...... isn't that all of March?

#5089 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wcbaustert:

Pretty sure Gomez said they’re capable of running more than one game at a time

Technically they can do two games at a time, but when is the last time that happened?

#5091 1 year ago

On what day do they switchover the line? Monday?

So they built GZ all week, that means 60th wrapped last week?

#5113 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:I would love to add a cool topper to my Godzilla but it better not retail for $2000. $1000 for my Elvira was stupid expensive. $2000 is insane.

$2000 insane? Meh, in a year that will be a bargain!!!

$3000!!! GO!!!!

spaceballs (resized).jpgspaceballs (resized).jpg
    #5122 1 year ago

So is Feb production this?

6th-10th: GZ (Done)
    13th-17th: 60th (underway)
    20th-24th: GZ
    27th-3rd: EHOH

I thought GZ was getting three weeks?

#5146 1 year ago

Would they just push out a few units of Elvira without word and just call it quits?

Sure they would.... this is Stern after all. Munsters, STH...... Stern axes all horror'ish stuff without warning. All those were killed abruptly with orders pending.

Who's on the chopping block this year for retirements? They're running all catalog titles over the course of the year, perfect time to end production on three games (I think EHOH, IM and DP).
    Come the end of the year no way Stern keeps three music pins active at the same time, three super hero/comic pins active at the same time, and Stern's most unfavorite thing to build.

Just my opinion.

#5148 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

When was Iron Man re-run? Seems like an odd title to put into production again.

You know I'm saying Iron Maiden

#5159 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

A dealer told me Stern is still going to make Munsters and fill the unfilled orders. I doubt Stern will, but I have called them 3 times and they still say Stern will fill the orders they have in with them. It's sad to think they might be jacking my chain and keeping my deposit knowing it won't happen, but if it does it would be nice to see a NIB Munsters head my way. In the meantime, my deposit sits in their bank hopefully making them money so at least it not going to waste and just sitting in limbo. Just for the record, I don't want to say who the dealer is but they have been around a long time and are a reputable dealer.

Time for a new dealer. They canceled all orders for Munsters how long ago? I wish it'd come back, but it isn't. That was the 1st NIB pin I tried buying (unsuccessfully).
    Sure wish Stern would have a policy for a minimum availability period of three years for each title. I'd have a Musters and STH right now.

#5237 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m patiently waiting for this as well. Lol

Two weeks from now right?

#5240 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’d love to get it in my house in 2 weeks! I’m hoping Elvira gets on the line next week.

It goes on the line the week after next right? The week of the 27th.... Factory Friday the 3rd..... get shipments the week of the 6th.
    At least that's what I thought the schedule is.

Would be great to get moved up a week...... but really, any time before TPF is more than acceptable.

#5249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

I can’t imagine a limited run of bond being on the line for 2 weeks right? I’m expecting Elvira to show up next Friday on the line.

But that doesn't make sense right? Wasn't GZ suppose to be a "big push" this month? A big push isn't one week of production, it's three (but 60th stole a week).
    That means next week is GZ (Again) and EHOH the next week (hopefully)..... unless parts jack it all up.

They have every reason to push as many GZ's out the door before new pins steal interest from sales next month. EHOH interest has collapsed due to the price (I've talked to two distros and they said roughly half their standing orders have canceled since Dec). Stern evidently may have extra stock from this one week EHOH run and are moving allocation around to get rid of it all. Could be a little over, or a little short..... but you know Stern wants every machine pre-sold before a build. Thousands of GZ's already pre-sold, but they no longer have every EHOH sold (incredible).

There should be zero NIB marketplace spots from dealers/distros, and there are several.... that says it all.

This is it folks, the last EHOH run: Stern has fulfilled demand via reduced demand.... just like they wanted. They're closing it out "clean" but no last call unless they get another 500 pre-sold at $10.5k (or higher). That isn't happening. Grab one if you're going to.

#5257 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Doesn't Stern have two lines? Couldn't it be feasible that one line is completely dedicated for February to Godzilla and the other line is James Bond 60 and Elvira?

They do have two lines..... but when is the last time you heard about them building two different games at once?
    I think they purely use them both for added capacity. They do what...... 500+ machines a week using both lines? Seems like they are happy having all 500 units being one title. Makes sense too.... they probably buy parts in lots of 500 (or whatever). They want to get all that crap out of inventory as fast as possible.

#5288 1 year ago

So what's on the line right now?

Last week was 60th...... "big push" GZ week or EHOH sneaks onto the line?

Com'on Tilt, you wander around unopposed over there
    Just tell 'em you're there to pick up the 41st anniversary edition and casually stroll onto the floor to inspect them.
    If that fails, just tell them you paid the $40 for ALL ACCESS

#5344 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Who knows... After Elvira I am going to take a break from Stern Machines for a bit unless something really good comes out.

You should ask Zack and Kaneda........

#5348 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I’m sending a few out today
    [quoted image]

Wow man, you're fast!!! My distro hasn't even billed me yet.

#5437 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:Is the production schedule based on outstanding orders with deposits laid down? Are there that many non-filled orders on Mando and Star Wars? That is the only reason I can think of. Apparently distros are in need of more Mandos.

It'll be like EHOH: gets a week and that's it.

#5442 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

That’s up to 500 games. It might satisfy everyone waiting or it might not, I have no idea. But 500 new EHOH going out is quite a good number.

Absolutely. Another 500 SW's and 500 Mando's is more than enough. Probably for AIQ also. EHOH is fully satisfied with 500 more (at this price).

Seems to me, except for the unknowns in the move - Stern has a LOT of production capacity this year.

It's going to be a bloodbath when they decommission titles at the end of the year. So much not needed anymore....... and then hopefully they'll get back to four titles a year in 2024.

1 week later
    #5575 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

and the FF video this week is....more EHOH.

Not more EHOH, they still trying to finish the ones from two weeks ago. It's not more production (or I'd have received mine and dealers would have received the second half of their shipments - which they haven't)

#5622 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

sounds like my distributor is getting MORE than they were originally told they were allotted, so that might have something to do with it.

That's not what happened. They didn't produce more, they moved around allocations due to the extreme cancellation rate. Some got more if they could move them instantly. Those that were going to have stock sitting were reduced (that's why you see all the ads for NIB here on pinside now).
    Demand is 100% satisfied (at this price).

#5627 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

really curious where you hear this misinformation at. is 2% cancelling bad?
    I had 1 person cancel out of all my orders, and it wasnt the price change that he cancelled, its because he had a child during the wait time and chose that priority which i fully understand

Hi Tilt

Wow, you did really good. Only one? You have a great client base.

I had two paid deposits out there, and I kept tabs of which number I was on the list (for the last year). I started keeping tabs when it was time for the the April/May run last year. Back then I was # 30 at one, and # 23 at another. As the year went on, the prices increased (8300 to 8900 to 9400, 9800, etc) and we moved thru three assumed build times (April/May, July and Nov). Then we got to Dec, and the official final price increase of $10.5

In Jan, I checked what my place was in line with the two dealers..... from #30 at the 1st dealer to #19 and from #23 to #16 at the other. Then in Feb, I was at #13 at one, and #8 at the other. This is a collapse of orders. Since it's not just one, I would assume it is widespread across the board. It's amazing you didn't get hit with it, but I also think people think very highly of your business. Bravo to you!!! Watching your post about picking up machines the same week (three weeks ago) was just incredible to see..... no wonder people like you. I also take the listings for NIB as a further sign on order collapse: how is something available at all (now) with it not being built in two years, and preorders outstripping supply by a huge margin? That shouldn't be possible UNLESS orders have collapsed.

Know what I mean?

#5629 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

"Hi I'm a guy that places multiple deposits for the same pin at different dealers because I'm impatient, expecting to cancel some of said orders"

Wrong...... when you're high on the list and a game is expected to be canceled, it is the players responsibility to find a game/spot or not get one at all. A dealer only has to say "you didn't make it, here's your deposit back".... no skin off their nose.

There isn't a need to hedge your bets now, but two years ago? Absolutely..... if you wanted to actually receive a game.... and for the record, I had three games ordered with a single larger dealer and didn't receive a single one. Of course I got another deposit with another dealer on the one game I wanted most and left the original deposit in place.

How casually people want to make a buyer into the bad guy without knowing anything.

1 week later
    #5683 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Thank you, Gubbin for sharing the info you received. I believe Bond 60 is off the line as FF Pros are starting to be shipped out. So let's move the schedule along. I heard some other rumors, but none confirmed so don't want to share that. Also, on the latest George Gomez podcast interview on Free Play Pinball Podcast, Gomez kinda alluded to Stern doing a vault this year. Looks like there's a spot right after Deadpool in July. But putting all these old games first and with the demand of FF, I'm wondering if Stern is ready for another price increase in the summer with a vault or in September? Most likely at least by new year again.
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters Pro (mainly for ops)
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters LE
    Apr 2023 - Foo Fighters Premium
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    May 2023 - JP Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro (home buyers)
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Cornerstone - Rumored to be Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

Bumping the list.

So Foo pro this week. They're behind schedule.
    Foo LE the next two weeks?

#5686 1 year ago

Hold up! Why is there a Star Wars LE on the line in 2023?! 6 years after they were made?! It's almost as if Stern has access to a time machine of sorts...a DeLorean possibly?[quoted image]

Replacement cab..... there's only one right?

1 week later
    #5830 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

So the rumor is Venom is the new cornerstone?
    Any chance Stern would make more Batman 66 premiums? It has so much resale interest and it wasn't all that long ago that they were churning them out. Hard to believe they wouldn't make money on it.

Vault BM66? I don't think there's a chance..... not when there's way more interest for vaults of STH, MET and GB.
    They already did multiple releases with the added Catwoman edition, no need for a vault.

#5856 1 year ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Elvira’s are still on the line

EHOH is finished. Maybe the last of the last hasn't left on the truck, but I was told they are done.

2 weeks later
    #5949 1 year ago
    Quoted from JH315:

Foo Premiums…one game is loved and selling. The other…

Totally..... I tried Bond premium at PHOF...... super boring (to me).
    Also tried Foo pro there: Wow, insanely fun.
    I wish they had a Foo premium, I'd have loved to see how the upper changes the game. That pro was perfection (but darn I wish it had the alien sculpt - Stern knows how to squeeze ya).

2 months later
    #6925 9 months ago

So no more runs of EHOH?

I wonder if they will officially discontinue a couple games at the end of the year.

Star Wars survives again!!!

3 weeks later
    #7071 8 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Happy August, Everyone! Last calls on Iron Maiden and AIQ from this last run. Also, Rush no longer being run. I heard a rumor that this will potentially be the last call on JP and Deadpool this year

Excellent!!!! Goodbye to half the catalog (Mando and EHOH should go too though).....

Make way for a return to four cornerstones a year!!! A thousand units a week - they're going to need a whole lot 'o titles with demand to eat up that production capacity.

1 week later
    #7125 8 months ago
    Quoted from jdlang11:

and $1000 plus toppers that were 300 to 500 dollars a year before...effe that.

Yeah, the price increases on flat plastic toppers is criminal. What was $300-$400 (or lower) is now $800+

Yet they refuse to re-release the toppers people want? (BKSOR, GB, SW, GOTG, KISS, etc.).

If you're going to stick it to someone, stick it to everyone!!! Com'on Disney-Boy, I know you want to!!! Squeeze those Muppets.

#7131 8 months ago

Just because they have the facility, doesn't mean they are going to ramp up production. Distributors also have buying power, folks have this weird notion that the dealers/distros have zero say and that stern just shoves the pins down their throats. Prem/Le models especially don't just stock themselves, dealers still have to choose to buy these and they have to earn the right to purchase them. Depending on how much volume and pro models they stock, they are allowed to order more Prem/Le models, but these are not required to be carried.
    If distros keep overstocking the high end machines, it sends stern the wrong message, and they are gonna just keep pumping out product from the factory. Stern needs to see orders aren't there for product to properly aim their production.
    If a dealer has a mountain of unsold LEs, that is the dealers own fault.

This is not true (but it is part true).

I talked to my dealer when my machine was getting close to shipping - I had been waiting a long time. I really like my dealer, very honest person.
    Anyway, he was telling me how Stern was twisting the screws on him..... he had to buy machines he didn't want if he was going to receive the machines he could sell fairly easily. In this case, he was being forced to take home pin versions if he wanted to receive some desirable premiums.... not LE's..... premiums. Can you imagine how sucky it would be to take possession of several home pin Stern's and then have to figure out how to move them? Screw that.

So yes, they can refuse - but without product, what do you have to sell? I think the dealers get screwed into taking more than they want just to make SOME sales instead of no sales. Maybe this will change with demand falling off a cliff. I feel for the dealers. They should have an alternative source but they don't.... Stern has the market cornered since no one else can get their act together.

#7139 8 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Not true in my opinion
    We are never forced to buy games, and no dealer was forced to take any home pins. Were we offered deals to take them, yes, but not forced. I was offered additional godzilla premiums OVER MY ALLOTMENT, if i took additional home pins. I took a bunch to catch up on my backlog, but that was a choice/business decision. But i was always given my full allotment that i was given even if i didnt take home pins.
    We actually can back out of any orders, and some dealers do. Now im not going to say that there are not repercussions. If you take extra of some titles, you might be the first offered extra of more desirable titles. Where if you back out, you might be the last they call. It is not known that is what would happen, but its just business, and as a dealer, we and stern have to make business decisions, some are favorable, some are not.

Hey Tilt - mad respect for you being so forthcoming.

I don't understand fully understand what you are saying though.
    You as a dealer (which is just a customer on a different level)..... you have an allotment... say 10 machines of something (lets say JP). You have 15 people who want one, will pay for one, are putting down a deposit, it's a sale...... but you have 10 spots. As a dealer (IMO) you should be able to put in an order and get 15 machines, why not? You're a customer. It's not a limited item (I completely agree you can't just ask for unlimited limited items, but why can't you get unlimited non-limited items? That's why they are unlimited..... makes no sense to me).

When someone tells you "Sure, you can have 15.... BUT..... you're going to take these eight home pins in order to get them"...... in order to make all those sales pending you have to take a bunch of stuff you don't want: I think that's forced..... maybe I'm wrong.
    You has a dealer are there to make your customers whole, and Stern is there to make you whole. I don't understand how or why someone would "incentivize" having you take things you don't want, when every order you place helps THEM. Shouldn't dealers orders be driving production at the factory?

Still, thank you for being so honest and insightful (as you always are).

Just as a side question..... let's say you wanted to order 100 Venom premiums..... you're really not allowed to do this? Why in the world would Stern say no?

1 week later
    #7212 8 months ago
    Quoted from viper001:

Venom is the title that everyone loves to bash on right now but will become a sleeper hit for Stern going forward. I got to play a premium a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a blast, another Brian Eddy home run.

Partially agree: I like the mechs, but what kills it is the theme (for me). At this price the theme has to be a keeper and not a curiosity.
    The bell tower is great, and the changing mech is wonderful - very innovative!!!

Then you get back to it being Venom...... meh. They try to save it with Wolverine, Hulk and whomever else to carry it.... but who really cares? The villains aren't well known..... Knull? Who's that?
    So many better Marvell comics properties: Secret Wars (The original 2) leaps out at me. Imagine being the beyonder and fighting literally EVERYONE. If it's going to be a comic pin, why can't we get an iconic one? A least do one which had a best selling plot.
    Happy for the diehard Venom fans though.

#7232 7 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Bond officially off the production schedule this year and not back on until end of 2024

Says everything you need to know about Bond doesn't it?

1 week later
    #7273 7 months ago

Just wait till 1000 units a week kicks in...... they'll be moving so fast the previous QC will seem stellar.

#7348 7 months ago

They should release the "new" GOTG "Commemorative" "End of the Line" "Special LE Pro"..... for the bargain price of $13K!!!!

#7352 7 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

You guys hear about a massive influx of new distributors for Stern? Just in my area I’m told there will be two more close to each other. Before it was like one for a massive area. One guy runs an arcade and now going to be a distributor. I think production will go up here and they are trying to sell more to more distributors. Idk if I like this idea.

Ooohhhhh I hope so...... it'll mark a top for sure: everyone runs in at the end trying for a piece with their greed...... right as everything collapses.
    One more big push of sales to the channel with new distros sucking up inventory, and then no buyers to offload.
    Perfect!!!
    We need the channel stocked with years worth of inventory for Stern to finally figure out they shot the market with their short-sighted Disney plans.

2 weeks later
    #7426 6 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Man you are delusional if you think there will be Jan “price increases”.

They should do it....... sock it to those Jaws people. All they have to say is "this is the most expensive license EVER!!!"
    There's a good chance you see EHOH pricing for all premiums (it's happened every year the last three years running).

#7443 6 months ago

Name a better villain that Venom? Sheesh.... that's so easy. Let's see...... Almost any other villain?

But for pinballl..... there's one in particular that comes to mind (and we could get custom call-outs easy)

White-Goodman (resized).jpgWhite-Goodman (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #7620 5 months ago

It's funny how they're doing the BKSOR toppers now, when they still have outstanding orders for GZ toppers...... just funny how that works.
    I bought a new BKSOR topper, and it ships next week (how's that for a production turn-around? I thought it'd be a month or two..... nope).

Very curious what the new LE looks like, and how they've buffed it.
    Even more curious what the edition will be called.... can't be a 5th anniversary edition right?
    Maybe "Stick it to Ritchie Edition"?
    A perfect mod would be Elton's head on a pike

#7622 5 months ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Are the toppers really 1500 or is that an insanely inflated price?

Yes, $1500.

Considering all the scalpers are charging $3000-$3500...... it was smart of Disney-Boy to grab that cash for himself.
    An afternoon's work to make $1.5 million?
    Very smart - and saves me $2000 (and it's NEW). Win/Win/Win = Win for Stern, Win for me, smash scalpers (Win for all).

#7627 5 months ago
    Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone know if any more Star Wars premiums will be run?
    Maybe Sterns preparing an all new Le trim

Three years away..... well, for the 50th anniversary anyway. You know they're making something for that.

#7645 5 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Who’s buying guardians pros they are cheaper then msrp now. Guess im told they are popular on route.

Too bad they didn't make more toppers.

2 weeks later
    #7746 4 months ago

What's the guess for fitting in the BKSOR run?

#7749 4 months ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Is this confirmed?

Nope

Quoted from Heatmiser:

You're a loony
    [quoted image]

Then Knapp is a loony

2 months later
    #7889 76 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Star Wars Pro and Premium to hit the line in in March. Just got the following in the old inbox.[quoted image]

So ridiculous....... $9700 for a game that old.

Price should be decreased once a game is several models in the past.

#7891 76 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Chevy increases the price of the corvette every year.

Chevy raises the price on the 2017 corvette every year?

1 month later
    #8075 29 days ago
    Quoted from EspoPinball:

Elvira is in April run, I have one on order.

And to think the boneheads at Stern didn't want to renew the license: it's been a huge seller.

#8088 28 days ago
    Quoted from Darkstar_otbco:

Hoping to see stern reveal their next title sometime over the next 30 days accompanied by a “vault” small batch BKSOR run within next 60 days.

Oh yes..... that would be amazing.

3 weeks later
    #8154 6 days ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

Munsters premium looks prime for the pickings!

I sure hope so.... that run was cut very short.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=pinstalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.