Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,163 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

294 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #407 2 years ago

RUSH line is halted due to parts availability as of this afternoon. They're building Mando Premiums that should have been built in Dec on the line instead until more RUSH parts show up. So...great for Mando Prem buyers?

#418 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Let's update the schedule with that Mando Premium hitting the line. So I'm gonna start praying that somehow Mando is finished out, and then maybe they start on backorder of some of the others. Does anyone know if any of the other machines would be ready to jump in if Rush still wasn't available and all Mandos went out?
    Also, if anyone has any other info, please share.
    Jan 2022 - Mando Premium

If they're running full bore, that's almost 500 a week, so do they need to run the rest of Jan to do all the Mando? Seems like 500 Prem would catch them up, but maybe not...

#426 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I heard they were running more My Little Pony while waiting for Rush parts

I heard Mando was a Brony, so that checks out.

#450 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

New billion dollar massive chip factory is now being built in Ohio so stern can use them for chips when done. We finally got tired of China shortage. That will help things.

I think it's great that the US is finally getting a clue about chip manufacture at home being tied to security, but this is mostly PR.

Phase 1 of the factory won't be ready for 3-4 years, so it's not a quick fix, and it will barely scratch US production capacity which is at 12% (it was more than 40% of world chip production in the 90s) and still falling while the factory is being built. We need about 10 of these projects to make a difference. $20 Billion is nothing for a chip fab project.

1 week later
    #532 2 years ago
    Quoted from Broohaha:

Played a rush pro on location this past week, meant to take a pic of the scoop cliffys that were already hammered. Looked uneven, like minor ripples on both of them. I can’t say that I could discern a meaningful impact on play, but definitely a problem.

They're not cliffies. Stern ripped him off. Shamelessly.

But Cliff will be plenty busy making up for Stern's bad knockoff protector.

#534 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarlingLuci:

I helped a local rush pro owner remove his from the front facing scoop. It was so badly bent after one day of games that balls would stick in it and not fall down thru the opening. The are really thin and flimsy like they are cut out of a beer can. Not comparable to cliffys at all.

I'd at least mylar it until you can get a cliffy on there. Chipping would be bad.

#542 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'm betting Stern isn't having their scoop protectors cut out of hardened stainless. There are a lot of different options on those thin gauges, but only one works well for pinball stuff.

Penny pinchers cost reducing past the point of failure. Did it with the cabinets, too and had to back off. Rip off Cliff to avoid paying for his innovation, then cheapen the spec by not using the right steel. It looks the same, so who'll know they went cheaper steel...right? Right?

#589 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, there is also one for 8500 so I was curious
    And I can get one around 9 but no insider connect

You can add insider connect to Iron Maiden if you want it for around $200.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5420-01

Marco's OOS, but email terry at pinball life with the part number and he might be able to get it for you.

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

Game Exchange is showing Iron Maiden premium as able to put a deposit down and ships in 6-12 weeks.

It's not in Stern's "archive" section, so maybe they still have the license?

#616 2 years ago

Here's the video

#618 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Wow. Thanks for posting that video.
    I don’t have FB, so couldn’t see it before.

An embedded youtube video is way more convenient than an offsite facebook link complete with invasive tracking. I always try to offer a youtube embed where possible. The less people that go to facebook, the better.

#621 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

Not sticking up for Facebook at all, but don’t think there’s not just as much tracking going on with YouTube, owned by Google, who tracks EVERYTHING you do online to sell your data

They are both evil, but Facebook is arguably worse. They have been caught doing more bad things in the corporate scummery olympics. Also, Google is tough to cut out of your life. Facebook is COMPLETELY unnecessary and can be cut out without much damage. So start with the easy stuff. Google's time is coming.

#634 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just received this email from Mad Amusements in Deleware.
    It reads (to me) Godzilla not hitting the line in March but in May.
    [quoted image]

Where's Rush Prem? Is it just not listed because he has none to sell?

#636 2 years ago
    Quoted from RBradley:

Correct. In the near timeframe ( through May ) I am sold out of Rush Premium until JUNE. I do have some available in the that upcoming run.

Thanks for the clarification. So Rush LEs are on the line now, then Premiums in a couple weeks, then back to Pros?

2 weeks later
    #720 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Heard the same today as well.. One less cornerstone this year than usual..

That's actually good news. Catch up on the backlog before announcing ANOTHER game you can't make on time. Give time for parts for the next game to fully arrive so there are no line delays once production starts.

1 week later
    #774 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I love that pinball fans are trying to get the inside scoop on Stern's management plans the same way sports nerds follow training camps

Training camps don't matter to pick the best players. Stern's already playing Moneyball. Consistent base hitters are the order of the day.

#782 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Mental note: bring UV light if I ever go look at a DemoMan for sale.

Never use a uv light in a bathroom. They look like a crime scene because the residue from ingredients in cleaners used over the years are picked up, too.

1 week later
    #906 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Crazy. Premiums wrapping up and still no word on LE from direct Stern purchase.

Maybe Stern was waiting for the Idiot Sandwich new protectors to be done so they can ship with the direct-sale LEs.

#908 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Hmm, thought did cross my mind. Them just having those sitting in the corner pretty much complete

Well, they had WWE LE machines they couldn't sell and some Pros they were literally giving away as prizes to get rid of sitting in the corner of the warehouse for YEARS, so it's not like it's never happened.

#928 2 years ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

Had anyone with a stern direct Rush LE heard anything? I’ve had radio silence on mine

Might be because Stern didn't complete all the LEs due to parts running out for Rush LE. Would make some sense...

Also, Mandalorian is on the line right now. No idea why. Some dists have had it in-stock to buy anytime. We need more?

#932 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Did they sort out the scoop issues? maybe that's why there is a hold up on Rush LE

I don't know what the "parts" were that were the problem, but I doubt it was scoop-related. They were fine with sending out regular and idiot sandwich scoops on the LE and later Premiums.

#933 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Same dude…I think at this point we could make a support group for Godzilla premium Pre-orders just looking for a shred of hope anywhere, and to echo many others yes stern please give us and the distro SOME news, any news, some vague words would probably be enough for some. I try to remember those poor Deadpool owners waiting over a year to feel better. Then my brain turns it around and I fear I’m next To share their fate LOL #firstworldproblems

Godzilla Pro and Prem are after the Mandalorians on the line now.

#935 2 years ago
    Quoted from WillieMaysHayes:

Isn’t AIQ on next?

Apparently not?

#940 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Umm...is this verified? I was told March delivery for GZ Pro. If this is the case I'll bet GZ wont start getting pushed out for a few months at the earliest. I am curious about the choice to do another Mandalorian run while it seems there is a MUCH larger demand for GZ. Stern really needs to do better. A post, tweet, video, comment in here, literally anything to give to the community that is willing and wanting to drop thousands on one of their machines. Maybe I'm just bitter from all this waiting. Stern really hitting us with the "hurry up and wait" I suppose

If Stern's running at full speed, they can do ~500/wk, so the Mandalorians will be done probably this week if they aren't already (no idea how many they're doing). That would leave time to run GZ Pro and Prems in March, maybe spilling into the beginning of April.

#961 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Multiple distributors are advertising Mandalorian Pros and Premiums in stock on Facebook, and this dates back a little while. Kind of makes you scratch your head when you hear that its a priority on the line, especially given the amount of people waiting on GZ/JP/DP, etc

Probably building what they have all the parts to run. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to keep the line moving.

#1023 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just check, many distros still have more than 1
    I know of at least 4 with inventory

The value just isn't there for the abhorrent jump in price. If Stern had made the 40th Elvira really special and put Nordman's original ramps back in and the wheel of fate, they would have sold out immediately. But some extra trim for 2x as much? Uh, yeah...no.

#1099 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I just read an interview with Gomez about the Rush pin which he said most of the parts were sourced locally. https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20220313/what-a-rush-stern-pinball-scores-big-in-elk-grove-with-rock-stars-help-on-new-machine-line

But just like with auto manufacture, a supplier Stern uses that's local to them may incorporate parts in the product they make for Stern from overseas, which causes shortages anyway.

Nice that Gomez confirmed that the home market is over 50% of their business now. HOW MUCH over 50% is the question.

1 week later
    #1246 2 years ago
    Quoted from bfrosty:

So, on Stern's site they have this posted....not really? Just haven't updated their website for a while?
    [quoted image]

I guess they're all "in production" until they're in the archive.

#1263 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then there's Stranger Things Premium.. I just don't understand why they just stopped producing that one, it was still much in demand. And the hot resellers' market for that specific title proves this as well.

I think a slow start for it until code matured coupled with the more complicated and expensive build with the projector and the finicky ball lock made it more trouble than it's worth. But maybe they'll run more when the next season shows up later this year.

Also, parts issues GETTING the projector may have fed the decision...

#1318 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Tomorrow is April, so here's the schedule. I see some ads popping up for AIQ, so not sure if they are on the line at this time or if it's still Godzilla or both, who knows. But here's the schedule we have at this time. Maybe we'll get an update soon.
    Apr 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

They'd be better off not running or significantly cutting back the TMNT Pro & Premium run in Dec and expanding the Elvira Premium run instead. There are a lot of unsold TMNT already chilling at distributor warehouses. It did not sell great. It seems like Elvira is oversold.

#1362 2 years ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

What is next on the line? AIQ and then Rush ?

Yes.

#1364 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Aiq should be wrapping up, or is wrapped up.

I don't think so. But if someone has a line pic from today that would be helpful. More like next week for AIQ.

#1379 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any news on JP premiums?

AIQ, Rush, then JP Prems, so probably not until the 3rd week in April at the earliest.

#1398 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

It’d be like Best Buy deciding to start charging $750 for PS5s

Forced bundles of garbage accessories was basically the same thing, and Best Buy has no problem whipping that trick out as needed.

#1400 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I think you’re referring to Game stop, but i see your comparison. At least in those scenarios you were actually getting additional items. These guys are paying less and charging more.
    Oh well, more on topic, hoping to receive my GZ prem shipping date this week

Gamestop, Walmart are notorious for it, but I think Best Buy isn't above it, either. At least that's my memory when I was trying to get one for the kiddies.

#1417 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Paid for mine (Pro) on Thursday not even a tracking number yet. Distributor said it would go out today but no idea how Stern ships. Fedex, UPS, Freight I see alot of different info.

I think the freight company used is up to the distributor. Aside from the IC sales, I don't think Stern drop ships anymore.

#1422 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doozer:

I have a deposit for a Mando Pro with Cointaker that was supposed to be for the current run, but it seems like I'm not going to be getting one unless Stern is making more. I was told they're still making them... is that not accurate?

They're making more, but that's the problem. Many distributors have Mando in stock right now from prior runs with no takers. So Stern making more Mando just makes that problem for the other distributors with stock already worse because judging by sales it's not that popular. If Stern concentrated on the popular pins that are massively backlogged, you could go to another dist that has Mando right now and get that and Stern could work on reducing the backlog of Godzilla, Deadpool, Elvira, JP, etc that are in heavy demand.

#1425 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

The problem with that is then you're not necessarily buying from a distributor you know, trust, are trying to build a relationship with, etc. You could end up paying more too (or less maybe).

If you're taking Mando off the hands of a distributor with stock of them that isn't moving, you're making a friend, and probably getting a deal ("deal" being a relative term in these inflated days).

#1428 2 years ago

For a first time buyer waiting on a NIB what is the process. You get the email from the distributor, that your game is on the way? Maybe a tracking number? How long is it (typically) from the email of hey your game is coming to the game being in your home ?

It really varies by distributor, but generally speaking, once you have a tracking number, it's 5-10 days before it's in your home (or much less if you're very close to the dist).

#1434 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

I received my Mando pro last week and it shipped directly from Stern, So I’m not sure why other distributors couldn’t do the same. The distributor I used didn’t charge shipping when other companies wanted $250-$560 depending on if I wanted to pick it up(at the nearest shipping yard)or have it delivered to my front door. I think some distributors are making a few extra bucks on shipping and blaming it on rising gas prices.

Possible a distributor nickel and diming disinformation operation. I've just heard from a lot of places for a while now that Stern stopped drop shipping for distributors (which doesn't make a lot of sense to double the shipping by not doing it) and that's why shipping fees are a thing now.

#1464 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Also, I see some mentioning that Mando is in stock and implying that Distributors are desperate to move them. That has to be a joke, right? In 3-4 months the NIB Mandos will be dried up and they'll be back in the "can't find" category with people paying over NIB prices, just like so many other releases have done. There are so many Stern games that have done this over the past decade you should never think a NIB stern is hard to move... that's comical to me...

Look at the resale history for Mando. In an era of crazy used market pricing on Prem and LEs (and sometimes even Pros), it's stayed around MSRP or even less on the secondary market, lagging its peers like Elvira, Godzilla, Deadpool, etc. Demand is not great enough to push it over 1-2k or more over MSRP used and stay there like prices have routinely gone for other Prem/LE.

Now, will that change when they have a new season of actual Mandalorian? Maybe. Hard to say. But right now it's not one of the "hot" pins on either the new or secondary market, and hasn't been pretty much since shortly after its release.

#1586 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Already built and shipped

Not fully.

They ran out of parts on the GZ just last week and are finishing it up (now that they have the parts?) after AIQ gets off the line shortly.

#1596 2 years ago

If the new stern is supposed to go on the line last 1/2 of august when would we have news of release? I’d love for everyone to jump the GZ train for something else and move me up in line LOL

If JJP Toy Story-themed pin really is coming in June, maybe Stern will do their usual and make an announcement just before to steal some of JJP's thunder...

#1645 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

That will have the opposite effect: It's supply and demand.
    Increase the # of LE's, not reduce them. Most LE's don't leave collections anyway, so let more have the warm fuzzy. Won't have any effect on secondary market, with the exception of a slightly lower top ceiling on price. Scalpers go out of business since supply meets demand = no markup.

The LE really should be the CE to just take the word limited out of there. Make as many as the market will bear. Multiple runs. Some people want that mirrored backglass, which ONLY comes on the top machine. Why limit it? Make the top one the Collector's model and make all the market wants, on multiple runs. Sure, you'll have a WWE LE dud with leftover stock stinking up the warehouse for years every now and again, but with a small initial run of the "normal" 500 or so, Stern can gauge the market and re-run more if the market demands. It really is leaving a not-insignificant amount of money on the table, and Stern hates that, so why are they ok with it now?

#1658 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

When is last years run of EHOH supposed to be built? I am on the list.

December.

#1665 2 years ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

There were rumors of stern running Rush simultaneously with Avengers on the 2nd line. Has anyone heard any info on the Rush pro or premium April run? Wondering if it already started or if it will begin after Avengers.

After AIQ. Around the 3/4th week in April.

#1679 2 years ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

Thanks for the update. I guess the rumors of it being on the line now, aren’t true.

I can't say FOR SURE Rush isn't on the line, but they also had to fill-in the GZ units they ran out of parts on earlier in the month after the AIQ run is done, which will take a short bit also, so I think Rush being on the line right now is really unlikely, but it'd be great if they FINALLY were running their CURRENT game for everyone that's been waiting.

#1681 2 years ago
    Quoted from fallout-ts:

Are they going to run GZ again later on this year? I want to get in on one but can't preorder right now. It would have to be for one expected late this year/early next.

Yes, but I think most distributors are taking orders now for next year on GZ Premiums. No real FOMO. Stern will be making it for a long time, I think.

#1686 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

TLDR - Stern has played the slow roll, don't over extend yourself strategy through thick and thin. They rely on their ability to consistently produce titles and avoiding risk.

The big negative changes with Stern in parts cost cutting and BOM reduction happened after the investment company came when Stern almost went out of business around the economic crash of 2008. Higher prices for less game started right after that point, and clearly has the investment group's fingerprints all over it.

Speaking of highs and lows, I *highly* recommend watching the Tony Hawk:Until the Wheels Fall Off documentary on HBOMAX. It's excellent. Having seen it, I would love to see sk8ball do not just a Tony Hawk pin, but a Legends of Skateboarding type pin with the Bone Brigade and all those guys you see in the documentary. Rodney Mullen spitting Nietzsche callouts in his zen way would be fantastic.

#1692 2 years ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Inflation is already up a ridiculous 8% year-over-year

Yeah, when they announced those 6 month adjusting US bonds that are giving 7.25% currently, I was like, "WOW" - pretty crazy inflation for that to happen.

1 week later
    #1845 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

To the people who tell us that there machine is shipping next week....it helps us out if you would also mention when your order was placed. Without the information it is impossible to visualize the delay period. Thx

1/4/22 for me. I think it was launch day. This is the launch RUSH Pro that was delayed 4 months. I ended up just getting a RUSH LE so I could do the mods in a timely fashion and have already sold the now-unneeded Pro that will ship to the new owner directly.

#1950 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Looks like AIQ is finished or finishing on the line next couple days. So Rush is primarily on the line. Pros start shipping this week.

Womp, womp. Maybe not. RUSH Pros are halted for running out of parts. They're making RUSH premiums now. RUSH Pro may resume later this week or early next.

#1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from byurick:

My Pro must have just squeaked past the shortage as my distro texted me the other day, scheduled my delivery date and sent me an invoice.

Yeah, they had a good start, then hit a wall. Frustrating for a lot of RUSH Pro customers waiting for their day-one orders for just shy of 4 months now...

#1958 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm trying to figure out what would be on a Pro that wouldn't be on a Premium - static ramp and cabinet art are the only things I can come up with.

Cabinet art, translite, badge, plastic apron, static ramp, etc. I'm sure there are a lot other smaller differences, too.

#2056 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

I know this super rich guy and he already has two toy stories on order. Guy bought three Elvira 40th. According to him it should be out by June but who knows. He said there will be a woody themed cabinet and Buff.

Do not want naked Woody cabinet.

1 week later
    #2178 1 year ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

I doubt they air condition an entire warehouse. So they probably deal with heat and humidity in the summers anyways. Moisture in the air from some water really shouldnt be problematic. This shouldn't be detrimental to the process. Pain in the a$$ to clean up, sure.

Certainly a long way to go for a JAWS tie-in, though.

1 week later
    #2298 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Dp is shallow and the humour is repetitive. The sounds are also annoying.
    It would have been a great game 20 years ago. We can do better than DP now.
    Lol not a fan!
    Soooooo… what is on the line?

I enjoyed Deadpool Prem a LOT, but it really is hurt by missing those two quests/bosses they cut. Makes it grindier than it should be once you're not dazzled by the facade of lights and humor.

#2299 1 year ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I have a Star Wars LE that is a paperweight right now since a node board on mine blew (a voltage regulator shit the bed ... the main 48V to 6V regulator died and it took out the 3.3V regulator which also took out the processor on the node board ... this suck since I don't have access to the firmware to program a new CPU ... I have to wait until they're back on the market or pay one of the companies that is asking $400-$500 for one

You may not have to do either of those things. Hit up Borygard here on pinside. He fixes node boards. If he's not too backed up, he might be able to get you back in business reasonably. I don't know if he keeps spare parts like CPUs in his node board boneyard, but it's worth a shot to see if he can help.

#2324 1 year ago
    Quoted from deeznuts:

Kindly pm me if you know a distributor with the best deal on a godzilla premium. Thanks

What year are you shooting for?

#2334 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

They are running 3 machines at the same time? JP, Deadpool, and GZ

A Stern throuple.

#2368 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

interesting, I am not sure if I should upgrade IMDN to the prem... not sure I care about those extras... love my pro!
    either way, it is an awesome game and should be made until there is no demand!

Get Maiden while you can at NIB price if they're really making them. It's a GREAT pin. I went from Pro to Prem and they both play very differently, but I prefer the Prem.

#2412 1 year ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Heard from my distributor that we missed this DP Prem allocation by just one. Looking at 2023 or earlier if they sneak another run in before year-end.

I'd get on the horn and see if you can find a dist that has stock or incoming stock. If you do it in the next few days, you might get lucky. If you fail, you can always settle for a Pro to get you by until your Prem is ready next year, then sell the Pro.

#2552 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

People are getting notifications of Godzilla Pro right now, so best guess is that JP Premiums are being boxed up now.

This is correct. Just got word my JP Prem's coming. Can finally fill that hole in my temp testing chart.

1 week later
    #2654 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I would find it hard to believe they would run GotG again with the current backlog and of course new games coming out but really who knows.

Maybe they have parts to build them and if there's a delay with the other games, they'll slip it in. Does seem weird it's not archived, but GotG 3 is only a year away, so...

#2656 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Guardians of the Galaxy has a third movie coming out sometime this year or next, so it would make perfect sense to do a run then. Maybe even with a code update to pull in some scene or character from the third movie, if Stern can swing that. Including Thor somehow would be great.

May 2023. Almost exactly a year from now.

#2682 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Interesting, my JP build date is May 24 and my DP us May 18 and they both are really tight..to the point where i needed a suction cup to even get the DP to move an inch

It is kind of pot luck, but on balance most of the recent NIB Stern machines I've received have glass that is a little to a lot too tight.

Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Is it possibly due to humidity? It’s pretty humid in Jersey currently? Hopefully is shrinks

We have little humidity in the central valley of CA, so it's not that. Loosening the rails and bending slightly helps, but it's a pain.

#2692 1 year ago
    Quoted from KSP1138:There was this at the factory about a month ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My JP with a 5/18 build is tight as hell.
    [quoted image]

It's been going on long before they got flooded.

#2786 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

First real LE - avatar - bought NIB for $5500

Elvis Limited Edition was the first LE, metal collector's plate, brass armor and everything. Beat Avatar by like 6 years.

#2820 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Surprised LZ is back.
    I thought demand was soft.

Probably has to do with blowing through the parts they have for it then retiring it. Definitely hasn't set the sales charts on fire.

#2832 1 year ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

GOTG is a great game. Actually if you look at what used Pros have sold for in the last several months you could definitely make the argument a run is in demand. Pros have climbed to upper 7s well above price of a new run, probably a hit after production like some titles.

If you look at what I quoted, I was talking about LZ.

#2844 1 year ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

I still have a deposit for a JP premium and topper. Will these be run again?

Probably, but not anytime soon.

#2897 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

i ship around 50 games a month through estes, they do great for me

T-Force (apparently used to be UPS freight?) is the only one that I've received pins from that SUUUUUUUCKED. Worst customer service and logistics, ever.

#2899 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

They bought ups freight

I only experienced T-Force after that point, then. Whatever they are now is TERRIBLE. I will absolutely ask that any pin I buy is NEVER shipped with T-Force. Completely awful experience, and over 2 weeks to get from IL to CA, which is crazy when some can do it (and have on other pins I've received) in as little as 4 days.

#2957 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

Anyone wanna guess when I’ll get the Godzilla premium I ordered just 2 weeks ago?

Not enough information. Really depends on the distributor you ordered from in a lot of cases.

2 weeks later
    #3081 1 year ago

So I guess they did make the premiums first this time around and now they’re making pro’s

Pro->LE->Premium->Pro

#3125 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Stern has limited manufacturing capability right now. We all can see they cannot make enough games to meet demand. So then it comes down to which people you piss off. The customer that has been waiting 6 months for their game, or the POTENTIAL customer that MIGHT like your next game and order it.
    When it comes down to pissing off an actual customer or a potential customer, the actual customer should be the one you take care of. Every time.

This completely ignores the reality that licensed themes have contracts and contracts have deadlines. COVID lockdowns softened those contract deadlines a little, but those days are pretty much over from a licensor standpoint. They need to hit their marks on licensed releases.

#3140 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I don't think this is right at all.
    When has Stern been in danger of going under?
    Just after 2001 when the .com bubble burst.
    Just after 2009 when the housing market blew up.
    Seems to me, a recession would put a big dent in their sales but they have also learned how to survive.
    They'll be just fine selling 4,000 LE's a year to those with money no matter what happens, but their premium and pro sales could go into the crapper.
    Great business model. Very resilient, and they learned it the hard way.

Stern isn't the same Stern as it was then. It's basically controlled by an investment group now that bailed them out after they almost went under in the housing crash era.

#3144 1 year ago
    Quoted from OGpinball:

Just curious, who is the investment group?

In 2009 it was Hagerty Peterson and Company that invested in Stern when it was on life support and Gary had fired most of the talent because he couldn't pay them. After the deal, Gary stayed on as CEO. Money terms were not disclosed. No idea if the investment company has since sold their stake to another investment company or are still holding it because the namesake Bill Hagerty was a Trump appointee for Ambassador to Japan and then rejoined Hall Capital in 2019.

As of 2013 Gary had said that the revenue since the investment partnership had tripled. I'm sure it's done a LOT more since then because the 2022 BOM and 2008 BOM are wildly different while the price is literally doubled or more.

1 week later
    #3250 1 year ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:

What's the concensus on IMDN getting back on the line.

Caught Somewhere in Time

#3274 1 year ago

Just an FYI because it's pretty-rare these days, but Karl DeAngelo is competing in the Match Play (various times, Thurs-Sat, Playoffs on Sat) and Pro Pinball (Sun 4-10pm) tournaments at Yegpin that starts tomorrow.

He's also doing the tournament software, so I'm not sure if competing will have his full attention, but I hope so!

When I have a streaming link, I'll post it. It may be on iepinball twitch , but not sure.

2 weeks later
    #3456 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I was told to expect my Rush Premium 3rd or 4th quarter, and have heard nothing further.
    I don't see Rush on the future production list. Is it pushed back? Not necessarily a bad thing, still saving my pennies anyway, but it would be nice to know.

Call around. RUSH Prems are in stock here and there. Get it today.

#3458 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

not sure how many distributors have them in stock, i know i do, but i only have 3 left at this time, which is considered low inventory for any title

There you go, DanQverymuch - TILT has one ready for you right now, and you couldn't ask for a better dist.

Finding them elsewhere will definitely be onesie-twosie, but they're in stock at a number of dists that I know of. There's really no reason to wait months more because you're on a list somewhere for the indeterminate future delivery.

1 week later
    #3536 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I ordered at a large New England distro in March. I was told August. In August I was told it’s now 2023. I then “hit the pavement” and began putting feelers everywhere. Calling down the list of Stern distributors. Getting on lists, putting deposits where refundable. Someone very nice gave me a lead, I put a deposit at their recommended distro (smaller) not knowing when I may get it. The next day that distro emailed me and said someone just cancelled and I can pick up tomorrow if I’m willing to drive there 75 miles. So really it took about 1 week of intense searching/networking to find one. I’m sure it helped that a bunch just came off the line. Anyway I know this will cheese off some people and my intent is not to make anyone envious. I’m trying to be helpful and saying just sitting back and trusting your order will get filled someday may not be the best approach. I did do that for 5 months myself. So I did pay some dues. Admittedly not as many dues as many people. I wish everyone the best in their quest.

Moral of the story is if you WANT one, you can make it happen, but you have to put in a moderately intense few days to weeks of work seeing what's out there and make yourself known.

Those dollar waiting lists are marketing, that's it. Unfortunately it makes for LONG lists.

2 weeks later
    #3623 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinman2005:

I saw a distributor list that the Stranger Things Pro would be back in production next year? Any reason why they would product that one and no premium models?

Stranger Things Premium models are a pain to assemble so they work correctly is the most-likely reason. Second most likely is they can't get the premium-specific parts in a timely manner.

#3649 1 year ago

That'd be great, but I think it's still a week or two away.

#3654 1 year ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

I think so as well. LZ was on the last factory Friday and I don’t think they have a ton of orders for them or they wouldn’t be retiring it so early. Is LZ the shortest run they have ever done?

I think Munsters was less. A fart in the wind and sales died completely once it was clear no more code was coming to fix it.

#3692 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Assuming that we have the final runs of LZ and SW in the bag, then TMNT and Guardians should be finished out soon if not already, then we have some JAMES BOND 007 to look forward to finishing off the year strong. Distributors should be getting an end of the year summary of what's going to be on the line soon. So this is mostly predictions based on the latest reports we've had.
    So the home pins for SW and JP should be on the second smaller line like usual and not effect the main line.
    I'm guessing Bond Pros will be on the line for the last 2 weeks of September. Bond LE for the first 2 weeks of October, then Bond Premium to finish off October. Hoping Elvira hits the line right after so those of us who've been waiting for over a year and a half can have it for Thanksgiving.
    This also seems that there won't be a surprise Kapow release in December (which some of us speculated as Bond). So maybe with these slots open, we might get another run of Godzilla Premium before the year is over? Fingers crossed.
    Sep 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium (final run)
    Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (final run)
    Sep 2022 - Bond Pro
    Oct 2022 - Bond LE & Premium
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium

Do we know for sure there ARE pros for Bond? If it's a kapow release prem is the starting level.

1 week later
    #3751 1 year ago
    Quoted from big-c66:

That’s not true distributors were completely sold out for the last run. I called everyone and finally found 1 distributor that had a spot. 7 months later I got mine on the last run n bam Stern stop production n screwed a lot of people out of there’s n said they would finish in 20022 and didn’t do it sorry as crap as far I’m concerned.

It's easy to sell out a run of a few hundred just there to use up remaining parts. That's why there were no more. It was a disappointing seller by the numbers and TERRIBLE on route for us and others. Fastest in to out of the route of any pin, ever. Which was a shame because I was super-high on the theme.

1 week later
    #3771 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

And the expression lighting

I'm glad I got to experience the expression lighting with the RUSH LE I had. I can't believe people are STILL waiting to purchase it for their non-LE RUSH machines...

#3777 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Every dealer around here has a bunch of LZ just sitting around that they can't get rid of.

Quoted from Tilt:

Not true, Last run of LZ was in december of last year, and i got a lot of them. I was sold out by the end of february. I have not had another LZ in stock until last week.

I think the key words are "around here." It's probably a regional thing. I know of dealers sitting on LZs for a long time, too, but in other areas of the country.

zeppelin map (resized).jpgzeppelin map (resized).jpg
    #3835 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

When is bond le going on the line? Had to pay in full already.

Supposedly around 6 weeks from now for the LE with Prem right after. Non-location Pros are said to be APRIL 2023.

#3869 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

It would be hard to prove, but if you look at distributors like Automated who already price gouge with prices way over MSRP on some titles, I have a hard time believing some won't do it.

I'm not accusing anyone in particular. I think I just hate the way this works and if I don't end up getting my game before the increase, I'm always going to wonder if I had a fair shake at it. In fact, I'm certain I would change distributors after this year because I wouldn't feel good about the whole situation. Sucks that Stern puts us all in this position.

It sounds like you just need to have that heart to heart with Trent about going steady with him as your distributor. He won't beat you up, and even though he has a large plate of customer chicken on the side, he'll always make you feel like his #1.

#3874 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Is it just me, or does it feel like this Bond release has been a trainwreck, especially with 8 months between releases
    Delays, no gameplay streams, production dates 2-3 months out (or longer if the rumors about non-location Pros are true)
    I mean how do you run more TMNT and Home pins ahead of your cornerstone

Yeah, it's messy, but the timing is probably a contractual obligation to meet the 60th Anniversary celebration with a "release" and some Bond blinky light boxes for the celebration in London even if the actual builds with more complete code came two months later.

#3945 1 year ago
    Quoted from JCrusher:

Wow they’re really trying to unload those mandos. Did stern just over estimate the market on those and make way to many?

The fastest way to move the Mandos out of the channel is to revisit the code and make it better. It's just dull the way it is. The market knows and that's why they're languishing at dists.

#3951 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Now if only Borg would put Elwin in check with a King Kong pin.

That would mean a totally new playfield design from Borg. Do you know how much you're asking?

#3958 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

I’m pretty sure after Elwin designs for 30 years, he will be a little repetitive as well. I mean there are only so many layouts possible over decades of pinball.

But the amount of rapid fire playfield layouts RIGHT NOW he's churning out that are very unique, one right after another, all of them working at a high level, is unprecedented for the modern era.

#3985 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that would be the last person on earth id give my money too.

Why? You're not talking about the ebay "Mad Amusements" guy, right? That's someone different...

1 week later
    #4009 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

All 1,000 LE Machines get produced in one month?

Couple weeks if Stern is full steam and there are no parts issues.

#4042 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

George Gomez reiterated tonight on the Deadflip stream that he was uncertain that it would truly be until April 2023 before non-location buyers started seeing Bonds. He didn't say for certain, but this is the second time I've seen him publicly say that the rumor that non-location buyers wouldn't see Bond until April 2023 was inaccurate.

Inaccurate NOW. Because Stern backed off saying that first run of Pros was all location when the market freaked out. AFTER that Gomez and Stern's story changed to "we might be able to get enough pros made so some non-locations can get machines from that first Pro run. That was NOT what was communicated first. The story and intent changed after the freakout.

But even if they do, it's not going to be enough pros to satisfy 1/10th of the demand, so most people that want pros will be waiting months or giving up and buying a Premium from the Dec run (which is much more profitable for Stern).

#4046 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ya know, I ordered a EHOH Premium in September.... 2021. I was quoted a certain price, and put down a $3000 non-refundable deposit. I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't honor it.

In general, if the price is changed, that's a material change of your contract and you can get your deposit back if you don't want to pay the new price. Your deposit is only non-refundable if the price of the machine you put the deposit on does not change. IF it changes, you have the right to receive your deposit and walk away if you do not agree to the new price.

1 week later
    #4099 1 year ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

Yeah I’ve been on order since January 2022 anybody else having better luck?

Lots of examples of better "luck." It really isn't luck at all, but depends on what distributor you ordered from and if you were ok with calling around to see what was out there from other distributors to move yourself up in the line. If you're really motivated, it's not out of the question that you could have one in a month if you do the legwork.

#4102 1 year ago
    Quoted from stl22:

I got lucky and saw a post by Jeff at Mad Pinball on Facebook. Ordered immediately with him on Sept 26, arrived On Oct 24. He only had a couple, but less than one month from deposit to delivery is about as lucky as I could get.

No luck there. That was just good old fashioned proactive action to lock one down instead of passively waiting on a deposit to come through.

That's another point, too. Subscribe to ALL the distributor's mailing lists.

1 week later
    #4146 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

For whatever reason Avengers aren't moving. Prices came way down.

For the average player it's too complicated and the on-screen stuff and sound package is underwhelming. The weakest Elwin is the reason it's not moving. Once enough casual players came to that conclusion, commerce ground to a crawl on it.

1 week later
    #4237 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, I already did ask, and that's how I found out no refunds. Then I went looking for such a clause on their website and found it mentioned on their separate "terms" page. Not exactly obvious.
    And the deposit damn well better lock the price! The deposit was put down on the price listed!

If the deposit does not lock in the price and they change the price when yours ships, then that's a material change of contract (new price) and I'm pretty sure in all states that allows you to get a refund of the deposit if you don't agree to the new price. Check your state contract law.

#4238 1 year ago

Oops. Math fail. Knapp had it right.

#4242 1 year ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

163,000 is 48% larger than 110,000

My bad, I was working from the other direction. Integrity preserved.

#4246 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Our deposits are always refundable and i have Rush premium in stock. Hopefully your distributor can take care of you. Your welcome to see if they want to trade something to me to fill your order

There you go again, Trent, being awesome. You may be #38 in IFPA, but you're #1 for going the extra mile for customers and maybe future customers...

EDIT: So, actually Troy. But still Tilt!

#4249 1 year ago

Ah, I thought Trent was running the Tilt account. Should have realized it was Troy doing his Sales/Marketing thing.

#4277 1 year ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Vault edition: Stranger Things Premium!!

There's certainly a large amount of demand now. That wasn't true at all at launch.

#4299 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Indiana Jones 5 comes out in June 2023. Any chance they could remake that? Neither Avatar nor Stern IJ are top 100 games so we can't make a conclusion based on either being a top-rated game.

They didn't even finish the code for the marquee movie on the last Stern Indy. Crystal Skull just isn't there, as Karl DeAngelo found out when he started his wizard mode quest on his recent stream. So, color me skeptical of that one.

#4303 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Did karl put this on youtube? Would love to watch it.

He has it on twitch here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1654922977

He didn't quite conquer the game his first time out, but he's having another go at it this Wednesday starting at 7pm PST.

#4306 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Oh goody, the "What's on the line at Stern" thread is now another avenue for Pinmonk to trash Lonnie Ropp.

Uh, I didn't even MENTION Lonnie. Just pointed out that it's unlikely Indy 4 would be the SAM pin Zach was talking about because the movie mode it was named for wasn't even finished.

zero.point.zero.gifzero.point.zero.gif

P.S. I have a Bond coming.

#4307 1 year ago

You're welcome. His raw skill and conversational streams will make anyone a better player.

#4315 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

If course you do. How else will you 3D print a clip to resell $3 pc fans? Mans gotta eat.

Sure, change the subject when I call you out on accusing me of bringing up Lonnie when YOU did it to stir things up.

You keep saying the fan thing as your fallback insult - and every time I inform you that you're wrong. The fans I sell are ordered direct from the factory with custom wire lengths and connectors. They're not off the shelf. And, AGAIN, despite your continual snarky assertion, they are *not* $3 fans, even at my cost, and with the penalty Trump put on Chinese goods they get hit with a 25% tariff penalty for the last few years. So keep talking about what you have no idea about. It's what you do, apparently.

#4317 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Oh, I thought the subject was clearly "it sucks to have your work publicly trashed"
    Lonnie has done some legendary machines, some not so good machines, and some fine machines. Let's give the guy a chance to get it to 1.0 before you clog every fucking pinball thread and stream chat with your Lonnie hate-boner, shall we?

YOU brought him up (AGAIN), and the fact is he has a long and mostly mediocre record of games as lead UNLESS someone like Lyman or Dwight, etc bailed him out with great code flourishes. The man has a low-wattage record that I'm not clogging up this thread repeating AGAIN to satisfy your apparent fetish. Pay someone for that and get it out of your system.

Hope springs eternal, though. I really hope Bond is his masterpiece. He seems to have a lot of support staff this time out. Fingers crossed.

Toes, too.

#4322 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Thank you ZMeny for the update on The Pinball Show Ep #117.
    Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Dec 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pros & Premium (finish earlier run)
    Dec 2022 - LZ Premium (finish earlier run)
    Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
    Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
    Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
    Feb 2023 - Bond Premium
    Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium
    Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Mar 2023 - New Cornerstone Reveal?????

A march reveal is at the outside edge of the window for music pins. So it could still be a music pin, but if it isn't the window doesn't open again until Dec 2023 for a music pin announcement, following Stern Spike historical patterns.

#4344 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

...LOTR as it has a deeper ruleset like modern games, but would look fantastic with LCD footage and updated sound.

And LED lighting. And decent flippers. Built-in shaker support. And non-dotty art. And online play. It will print money, becoming the #1 vault by far. The list of improvements just by moving to Spike2 (3?) is LONG.

That said, I'm still not convinced Stern is back to vaulting anything with the non-stop congestion on their regular production items. Maybe they have it penciled in for the extra line in their new location late next year...

1 week later
    #4402 1 year ago

In the live stream, Gomez said about the pop bumpers, "What do you care if they're tied together, honestly?" which seemed very cavalier and not thoughtful.

One cost of that decision is down the line for locations especially, and home customers secondarily. Coils have a life, and firing them up to 2x more frequently than necessary because they're tied together will reduce that. He kept saying he'd have to remove stuff to have them work normally, without admitting a AUX board being added would have solved it. So Stern saved money on an Aux driver board (they've done before) to do it right and passed the shorter coil life cost to their customers, i.e. business as usual. But it probably wouldn't have been well-received if he said that out loud.

#4404 1 year ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I hear ya, but I'd rather have to replace a coil than repair or replace a board with surface-mount components... and how often do solenoids really go bad?

Has anyone reported problems with Aux solenoid driver boards (Not talking about the servo driver in RUSH)? I haven't heard of them failing.

#4426 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

Transformers is SAM?
    [quoted image]

Even worse choice than Avatar, IMO. These are C and D list Stern choices.

#4429 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern will look at all Sam system games. See what game is demanding "Top Dollar". That's what they will pick. Out of Transformer $5500 and Avatar, Avatar $6500 will advance in this two game list.

Those two are in the lower-value tier of SAM machines on the used market. If Stern is looking at "top dollar" SAM machines, it'd be:

AC/DC Prem $10k-$11k
    TRON Pro $10k-$11k
    Metallica Prem $10k-$12k
    Star Trek Prem $8k-$9k
    Walking Dead (hopefully vaulted with a Star Wars-like comic overlay on cab and PF, which would be less ugly and allow it to print money) $8.5k-10k

Since TRON didn't have a Prem, a vault would likely be a Pro+ upgraded pro machine. But with the parts situation and the line of backed-up new, unannounced designs waiting on the runway to take off, I can't see Stern doing a vault soon.

#4431 1 year ago

Added. For some reason, I didn't see the higher sale prices.

#4439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

Oh, don't get me wrong. It was just for purposes of my list of more valuable/likely vaults than Transformers and Avatar, which are both low-wattage performers on the secondary market. I actually don't get the lauding of TRON's pin. Just not my cup of tea. LotR Spike is the one vault to rule them all. A Money Mauna Loa for Stern when they finally get around to getting it out.

#4448 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

I’d rather replace a solenoid than a board *shrug*

Dead MOSFET replacement $2
    Dead Coil replacement $20

Literally 10x more expensive.

Your money *shrug*.

Also if they have one transistor driving both pops and the transistor dies, BOTH your pops are dead. In a traditional arrangement with one transistor per coil, if one dies, the other still works. So, another major downside. Redundancy is good.

#4452 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Does anyone really want to play their game with a broken pop? One or two either way it's out of commission.

If you're a location player, you don't often have a choice, especially if the operator is less attentive to maintenance of their pins. One pop you still get some action. If both go out at the same time because they're tied together, it's a dead zone.

#4453 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

This would be awesome if it happened, the art could be improved a lot and a better sculpted Well Walker too.

A comic overlay for The Walking Dead that wasn't so gross and ugly like the art package now would substantially increase uptake of the game. I know a LOT of people who can't/won't have it in their house because of the art package. Fix that and it will instantly be more popular because the game itself is *amazing*. Probably my favorite pin, and I am *not* a fan of horror. The code is just so good.

#4469 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

That wasn’t a cost move, it was an electrical/RF change to meet UL standards.

It was ABSOLUTELY a cost move. It's NOT that UL WON'T approve the other "classic" power switch setup, it's just that it's a more involved approval, and likely more expensive. The fact that literally all other pin manufacturers still have the power switch the "classic" way shows it CAN be done, but Stern chose not to.

#4470 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

OH MY GOD 18 DOLLARS ON A $9000 MACHINE HOW WILL I AFFORD TO LIVE
    2 sets of tibetan breeze $260
    4 pc fans on Amazon $10
    literally 26x more expensive
    Your money *shrug*
    amazon.com link »

Good luck with those cheap oil bearing fans. It's clear you don't know the difference in noise, reliability, or lifespan. They're not the same as the fans I have custom configured at the factory in Taiwan. At all.

If you're gonna DIY, that's great, but do it right.

#4472 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Also part of that change, they won't ship the 110V adaptor cable needed for DBVs in the game.. you have to hound the distributor to get it with your commercial game.

Yes, and THAT change really sucks. Drives me crazy for pins destined for location play.

#4477 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Oh, for sure. He’s the perfect guy for the job. It’s just a bummer that the corner cutting is necessary and viewed as a “solution” when it’s really a limitation of the node board output counts.

But that's what Gomez sold previously as ostensibly the advantage of node boards being a modular system. Flexibility. Need more drivers? Add another node board (or even a baby mini-node for only a few drivers as has been done). The limitation here was Stern's profit floor. The need for more profit outweighed doing it right in the way the system was supposedly DESIGNED.

#4479 1 year ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

He's probably right, but I just like watching them pop off individually.

And if you bought a Prem/LE, you've paid enough to have that.

#4482 1 year ago
    Quoted from brickbuilder14:

OK guys back on topic, when do we think the first Bond LE will ship from the factory?

Likely next week. Gomez said they were on the line last week. But those may have been international, so they won't be seen in the wild for a few weeks. I would think that we'll see domestic LEs popping up by the middle of the month at the latest.

#4491 1 year ago

This reply is off topic for this thread, but I can't choose where you chose to make your post, only reply to it. So in the interests of this not going off the rails, this is the only post I'm going to make in this thread in reply to your post.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

How much did that 3d printer cost you?

$3500. For just one. And I have many. I'm not using $150 Creality's.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

What other stuff did you do with it to sell? Does your fan system have a thermostat on the coil so it knows when to trun on and off the fans

Tried using thermostat switches in a number of ways, but it's an unreliable choice for coils (JJP's GnR magnet uses one and it's ALWAYS breaking because the switch sticks after a very short life, or perhaps the magnetic field affects the mechanism). Since the MTBF on the high quality fans I use are like 7 years at 24/7 usage, and most home users don't have them on all the time (even at 50% on like yours, that's 14 years), I shifted to the goal of just making them as quiet as possible (yes, quiet matters, even in a pin. Many customers have many pins. 6dB too much x 10 machines is a lot of extra noise in a quiet room). The new ZEN kits are essentially silent.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

I have 4 JJPs and 4 spike 2s machines and 4 others. Even if I did just the bottom 2 flippers over 2k is not a good investment for me.

I test most new pins for temps and use that data to publish coil peak temp charts for many machines here on pinside. I usually also publish the 90 or 120 minute graph of coil temps for each machine I finish testing on. Not all machines NEED active cooling as my charts show. I don't keep it a secret which ones you can save your money on by leaving stock. My goal is not to sell Tibetan Breeze kits for every machine, whether it needs it or not, it's to help people know which machines DO need it and provide a plug and play solution. This is obvious to maybe everyone else and you missed that? Also, on games like JJP and the PROC-based ones, whether or not you're a trap player will heavily dictate how hot your coils get, so there's some personal input needed in the equation. Trap doesn't matter on Sterns because of their magic microsecond duty cycle ability. Defensive flipping will heat coils on all pins faster.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

You shouldn't charge more or less for different manufacturers practically the same materials.

Well, I charge more or less based on the time and cost for the contents of each kit. For example, the Lebowski ZEN kit needs a special harness made just for it that is very low run (due to potential sales). While I financially support many pinball causes and sponsor pin tournaments to the tune of thousands of dollars a year, I myself am not a charity.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

People on here are bad at math and creative skills good for you for taking advantage of them.

Seems like you're dissing everyone who's not really, really smart and resourceful like you, and therefore so dumb they open their wallet to any mod. Was that intentional?

The fact is, there's an exchange made. I'm terrible at car repair. Can I do an oil change myself? Yes. Do I think the oil change place is expensive for such a simple operation? Yes. But do I still go to the oil change place to handle that? Yes. Or what about a ring job to stop a car that's burning oil from spewing smoking exhaust? That's dirt cheap to do yourself, practically all labor. And it's a VERY expensive repair to have a shop do as a result. But, would I ever attempt that? Nope. Wouldn't know where to start. I don't have the skill set or time for it. So I'd pay someone with the skill and experience to do it.

You're into pinball DIY, that's great. Me too. I've posted PLENTY of useful pinball DIY projects on pinside here anyone can do for just the parts cost and their time, as a matter of fact. But there are plenty of people good at OTHER things besides DIY that would rather just buy a reliable plug and play kit with a long warranty and be done with it. So I make that available. And if you think I'm just farting out any old thing, I spent over a YEAR with various design prototypes and testing to make the new Tibetan Breeze ZEN kits. I started in Summer 2021 to make the next gen coil cooling kit. Thought I'd be done in 3 months. Took more than 12 more to get a product I was happy with that was truly next-gen. Some of the early tests were a spectacular failure because of the trial and error required. But the end result is fantastic.

"Taking advantage" is your opinion that ignores a lot of considerations specific to this, but it is by no means a fact. I've learned a LOT about coils and coil timing and duty cycles and fan construction differences and vibration that has been integrated in the Tibetan Breeze products as I iterate and improve them constantly. Most people aren't down to take that journey, they just want the result. And that's why I have a product they can just buy and be done installing in 15 minutes.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

I made me 1 set for dialed in 3 flippers for under $40 usb plugged in to the service plug with brick.

I would never go that route. Ever. Plugging into the service outlet with a power brick is a very kludge-y way of doing it. But that's YOUR DIY project on YOUR machine. You made it work and saved some money. That's what DIY is all about. My goal is always to keep moving towards an easy-to-install, clean factory-look product. Using the service outlet or a power brick is a design fail - in MY OPINION. But you have a different standard, and though I would never do it, that's fine FOR YOU. My new ZEN kits for flipper coil cooling are the latest step in a clean factory-look design, and they DO look like they totally belong, with some improvements to actual function outside of cooling as well. But if someone doesn't want the ultimate, but they still want plug and play, I still have the prior version less-expensive kits available. If I was really as money-hungry as you imply, I would discontinue the cheaper ones and force everyone into the ZEN kits.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

No hard feelings.

Are you sure? Because it feels like you have some towards me or my customers that you allege are apparently simpletons just begging to be taken advantage of.

Hopefully I cleared up your misconceptions about my equipment, process, goals, and continuing knowledge/financial support of the pinball community. There's a world outside your personal experience, where people would rather buy a plug and play item that works great than spend time and frustration learning to DIY one themselves. Yes, that world is out there. I deal with it every day.

#4501 1 year ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Back on topic...... this thread is all over the place. Tiresome of late.
    Bond for the next couple/three weeks ?? LE's then Premiums ?? TY
    Just the organized schedule and receiving/shipping notices/Pay for your games from distributors are what we/me are looking to read from this thread.
    TY,Keep on Flippin and play nice

Gomez said Bond LEs were already on the line last week.

Here's the Stern schedule according to Zach at FlipnOut from The Pinball Show #117:

Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Dec 2022 - Bond LE

Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
    Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
    Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
    Feb 2023 - Bond Premium
    Mar 2023 - New Cornerstone Reveal?????

That list is already a few weeks old by now, so it could have changed a little or a lot already.

#4507 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I asked this in the GZ thread. But curious since it may apply here as well, anyone know or have any clue when they are doing the GZ topper? Or if they are even going to do one.

I don't know anything concrete, but it's been said there is supposedly a GZ topper coming and it's supposed to be amazing. No idea when it's coming or if it's $1,999 amazing or $899 amazing. Given that the license can't be that expensive, I would hope Keith and Co. put the BOM to work to make a bar-setting topper in the vein of GoT or Black Knight SOR toppers. Two sheets of printed plexi with some lights, JP/Avengers Style would be a disappointment.

#4509 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

GZ is the number 1 pinball of all time… hahaha ….so I mean…. Seriously though I hope it’s something awesome and a no brainer to get. I initially bought a pro just because it was available and got a great NIB price. Thought for sure I’d sell it immediately after playing and get my money back or make a few bucks but no one wants me to get rid of it. So I might as well go all in with a topper. I feel like if the topper is ‘too good’ I’ll have to upgrade to a premium. I really love how the pro plays especially with mechagodzilla

Keith and his team did a LOT more with the GZ BOM than has been the norm for Stern recently, so the GZ Pro and Prem are BOTH great (similar to Iron Maiden in that respect). Cutting two pops gave him the budget to do other cool things and freshened up the layout over the same, boring 3-pop drop in from inlanes he could have had. He has consistently switched things up on every single playfield he's put out. No mirroring or almost point-for-point reuse for him, and that's great. He deserves all the accolades he gets.

#4549 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Aren't there a bunch of people wanting the premium and like no one wanting the home version? I don't understand stern sometimes.

Parts availability (home pin is much simpler build) or delay to 2023 new pricing. Or maybe both.

#4554 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Why do you assume it's code is no good?

Because there's very little code there. That's a fact. You can see pretty much what's there in a short period of games. And the modes that are there are "hit the 9 blue arrows" then hit a number of green arrows, then yellow arrows, rinse, repeat. Video clips that play aside, the modes that are in right now are very basic.

#4585 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Stranger things I don't think I ever got a last call. It was just moved to the archives over the summer

Prem got a last call in Feb '21 for Stranger Things.

#4598 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

id say they are coming Q2

Been waiting to pick up another Premium. Hopefully that's what they run.

#4599 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

How many they building per week these days? This week will be two weeks on line right?

More than 500/wk at full steam. They should be done with LEs by this week at the latest since I think they were doing international LEs before Nov even was over.

#4603 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

That’s what I thought. Premiums should start next week if the Le’s are done by end of week.

But they're squeezing in home pins and other loose ends, so it's not all Bond, all Dec long.

Here's the Dec part of the schedule from Zach at FlipnOut about a month ago:
    Dec 2022 - Bond LE

I can only assume it's to use up parts because there's plenty of TMNT and LZ NIB in the wild sitting at dist warehouses right now.

#4613 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Your deposit should be refundable if the price changed while the distributor held your deposit or if Stern discontinued a game before your distributor fills your order, but that depends on your distributor and the terms you (un)knowingly agreed to.

In most (all?) states, it's a matter of law. They HAVE to give you your deposit back if they change the price of the machine compared to when you made the deposit and you don't agree to the new price, as that's a material change of contract (new price). Doesn't matter what the distributor thinks, it's contract law.

#4618 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Contract law shouldnt even play a factor. Morally, it should just be a given that it is in a case where the price changes. If any of our customers that placed a deposit on Elvira want to back out due to price increase, their deposit will be given back period. Then again, we only take a 100 deposit anyway, so it is not much to start with.

I agree, but some distributors seem to try making their own rules. Just letting people know there are laws about this kind of thing to protect them.

#4620 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

in price increase cases, there is no doubt that a deposit should be returned. We give a deposit back regardless of reason. and the one that sucks is when someone puts a deposit on the same game with every distributor and takes the first one. Then when we call them that their game is ready they inform us that they bought one from someone else and want their deposit back. We even give it back in these cases, but really, we should keep it, just morally dont like to so we dont. But kinda pointless to have deposits if they are fully refundable for any reason, just defeats the purpose of what they are for.

Totally see this side of it, and if there's no price increase you'd be perfectly within your rights. Spamming distributors with deposits to get one or more in-demand games then cancelling the "extras" once you get enough machines is not cool. Maybe allow the refund ONCE with a warning that if it happens again you won't be able to take deposits from that person. Seems fair.

#4638 1 year ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Here's a question that has probably been asked and answered, but I can't find it on a thread:
    Why would a company run LE's first at a higher price point? Shouldn't an LE being produced first be more prone to glitches not being worked-out, and code being less ready to go at unboxing?

Stern LEs are rarely (never?) run first for at least the past few years. The current order is Location Pros, LE, Premium, Home Pros. The location pros are a relatively small run to get them on location. The LEs are first for home because they cost a fortune and people get their pin first by paying it.

#4657 1 year ago

Specifically, Oct 2024.

For $2000 more.

2 weeks later
    #4711 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I don't understand making more SW and AIQ instead of pumping out more GZ.
    On a side note, I think they will end up adding Rush in 2023 at some point.

Pin-specific parts on hand that need to be used up?

#4734 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Even moreso, I’m slightly surprised to see various distributors bumping up the price to 9499-9699 on games like Mando prem, TMNT, Rush, etc that were stock from last years builds, and I assume already invoiced at the pre-increase price
    Is this something that Stern mandates?

The Minimum Advertised Price allowed by dealers changes across the board. The MSP (Minimum SALE Price) may still be less, but it can't be advertised. Talk to your dist, potentially get a deal (but not TOO good a deal, or it breaches the MSP).

#4758 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

How deep this recession goes is the wild card.

This is a weird technical recession in the US because the jobs and general economy are still pretty strong with corporate profits at the highest level since the 1950s. What tripped the GDP-based recession switch was sky high energy prices aggravated by the Ukraine war and naked profiteering by corporations blaming supply chain issues when those are mostly long past (see: highest corporate profits since the 1950s). And even the negative growth from early last year that tripped the technical recession seems to be edging into in the rearview mirror. The strong recent US jobs report seems to bear that out, and profits are still very high. Unfortunately, the great jobs report means that the Fed will likely be raising interest rates again, strengthening the US Dollar, which is bad for the rest of the world, but GREAT for US vacations overseas. For Americans it's a great time to visit Tokyo DisneySea and see the best Disney park on the planet. It's about 1/3 off normal pricing due to the strong US dollar.

BUT that strong US dollar will also raise the prices of Stern pinball machines (and toppers!) overseas without them raising the actual price at all. And that could be bad for Stern unless they try to adjust the overseas pricing so the end user prices don't continue to go crazy due purely to exchange rate.

We'll see, but I wouldn't count on a big recession making your dream pinball lineup cheaper soon unless there are severe developments with Ukraine/Russia or China/Taiwan that destabilize things further.

#4762 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Do the rerun games all come with Stern insider connected on them now, even on Maiden new run?

That's the way it's been done, so I assume that will be the way it is going forward when they re-run pre-IC games.

3 weeks later
    #4829 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

According to Kaneda next 4 - Venom, Foo Fighters, Indiana Jones and Jaws.

Foo fighters after Venom would put it in a part of the year Stern hasn't done music pins. Usually they're released between Dec and Mar.

#4901 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Are those ratings real?

There is no spoon.

#4978 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

GM last year had 95K vehicles parked nearly finished because of supply chain issues. Ford had 45k parked waiting on parts before they could be completed and leave the factory. But a pinball manufacturer should have no troubles in the same time period?

Last. Year.

I haven't seen any supply line issues for about a year, and they're talking about a glut of chips now. Lots of stuff that was hard to get or unobtanium in 2022 is freely available now.

#4998 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Last quarter (Which is technically last year since we are in Q1). https://www.kbb.com/car-news/tens-of-thousands-unfinished-ford-trucks-sit-parked/
    At the same Ford also can’t keep up with the production of its best selling vehicle, the Maverick.
    My point was that this isn’t likely just ineptitude. My dealings with manufacturers through my work still puts lead times at 52 weeks for electronics that used to be 16 weeks for manufacturing and delivery.

Meh. COVID zero really screwed up China, and then ending that with no planning also screwed things up even more with over 250 million people getting sick all at once in the last 2 months of 2022. But Stern's 10k unit orders aren't the same as Ford's million unit orders. But every supplier I deal with is working at about 70% of pre-pandemic levels if not more already, and it looks like they'll be at 100% again soon, so the "supply chain issues" excuse will not really work for much longer.

If Stern hasn't already started branching out into southeast Asia for their suppliers then that's a different kind of ineptitude. Putting all your eggs in the China basket is no longer tenable. Apple has moved a lot of production into India and Thailand already, and will continue to do so. Stern should have been working on that for the last year or 18 months.

#5012 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Which Mfg teased cabinet artwork of an unlicensed space theme machine a year or two ago? Was it Spooky or maybe Deeproot?

American has Galactic Tank Force. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

#5017 1 year ago

That’s it, thank you! Can’t wait to see and play it!

Dennis Nordman-designed, so I'm very interested in it, as well.

#5018 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It was Spooky.[quoted image][quoted image]

I totally forgot about this one. Given how poor Halloween's video assets are, it's probably better that Spooky sticks to licenses with abundant animated video assets available like Scooby/Treehouse of Horror/Futurama/Batman Animated Series.

I'd love to see a Vampire Hunter D or Trigun if they branch into anime.

#5027 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

Same here, I’m hoping they will be revealing it at Texas Pinball coming up.
    For anime, I’m glad I’m not the only one old enough to remember Vampire Hunter but I don’t think enough people do to make it viable. They’d probably have to make it Dragonball Z or something. I’m more of a Patlabor guy myself.

The newer Japanese anime is not for me. They lost me when Moe became a fad style. Ugh.

#5031 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

There are still some solid anime out there. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba has been good so far.

Don't like the style and Demon Slayer is infected with the moe trope. Boo.

#5033 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

For something more unique, try One Punch Man. One of the funniest Manga/Anime out there

Maybe. Trailer looks ok. A possibility.

#5058 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ender21x:

Weak…..
    What’s the second rule of Pinside?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

#5061 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks, but you may be looking at a lifetime ban for mentioning the unmentionable.

No, there will just be two mystery knurled screws and a violently-detached "My Little Pony" horse head loose in the bottom of the cabinet of the next pin he orders. A message will be sent.

#5109 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Oh, and they all came with the most rudimentary code Stern has released to date.

Incorrect. Batman '66 is BY FAR the most rudimentary code Stern has ever released at launch. It wasn't even playable at ITS OWN LAUNCH PARTY! Just roped off with blinky lights. Also took FOREVER to start developing with an almost 6 month gap while it was essentially a box of lights. At least Bond is getting some updates on a fairly regular basis already.

#5115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Why did my dealer ask for payment and told me around 3 weeks?

A little early for April Fools, but...

#5127 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I don't think this makes sense. Why would you not run all the Godzillas in one go? Why lose time retooling the line for different titles, just to go back to a title that was run the week prior?

Don't have enough parts on hand to run them all at once? It's been a common refrain the past couple years.

#5128 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Updated schedule
    Mar 2023 - Rumored Foo Fighters
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Apr 2023 - FF Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Rumored Indy Vault???
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

Indy 4 seems like a weird (boring, repetitive) game to vault, but maybe it'll get the Batman-TDK/Batman'66 treatment and be redesigned and freshened. If that's the plan, hopefully they at least finish the code this time around. Crazy that the namesake wizard mode for Crystal Skull was just abandoned and never put in the game at all.

#5132 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Raiders only would be very tempting. Lyman made Batman 66 amazing. Don’t think any of the vaults could be updated at the same level as Batman 66.

I don't disagree. It's a steep hill to climb to try to rehab another broken design into something enjoyable like Lyman did with Gomez's revised TDK design that became Batman'66. TDK is the only Lyman game I can think of where his software genius couldn't make a crappy table design great, but he eventually fixed that with Batman'66.

#5138 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

If they are going to update Indy they will probably base it off the new movie that is coming out this summer.
    That... would be the hit game of the year... or at least have the potential to be.

I dunno. Crystal Skull was super-weak and the new Indy trailer does not inspire confidence. But given the other Stern titles that are rumored for this year, the competition is weak, too. You only have to be 99lbs to beat a 98lb weakling.

#5143 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:

I don’t know… The geriatric archaeologist has a nice ring to it.
    Has there been a Fast and Furious pin? $6 Billion franchise. New movie coming out soon.

Stern Mustang was supposed to be Fast and Furious (which makes a LOT more sense), but it fell through at the 11th hour for reasons unknown.

#5179 1 year ago
    Quoted from sdchoni:

Thank you all for the advice! hopefully I am not derailing this thread by going into more detail lol.
    I live in Nashville, so obviously I looked up the closest distributor near me first and saw they actually have a Godzilla premium in stock, but for $11,000:
    https://www.musiccitypinball.net/shop/p/godzilla-premium
    I asked around at a local pinball bar and they suggested buying from Flip N Out. Not only is it cheaper ($9,699) but there is free shipping. I also assumed it would be shipping 'soon' with the 'ESTIMATED DELIVERY END OF 2022 INTO 2023' listed on the page, but tbh I'm not in a rush especially if I can save some money waiting.
    If I buy from another distributor would it be at the same price? Do other distributors normally have free shipping?
    Super unrelated question, but neither of these distributors charge sales tax, is that normal?

Not all distributors are selling at huge markups over retail. Most sell at retail. Some charge tax, some offer free shipping. It depends on the dist. Just get the dist list off the Stern website and let your fingers do the walking until you find a GZ love connection.

#5224 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I do not see the business located on the Stern website in the dealer/distro list.

Edit: Definitely there under distributors, not dealers.

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-distributor/

#5228 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

What's the difference between a dealer and a distributor?

Usually volume.

#5259 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Any news on a Jurassic Park Premium run ? I contacted my dealer,but they gave me the deaf ear.

Sounds like it's time to find a new dealer.

This was posted a while back (all of this is subject to change as Stern often does):

Mar 2023 - Rumored Foo Fighters (or whatever)
    Apr 2023 - FF Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Rumored Indy Vault???
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5261 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Now you tell me,they had My deposit for 16 months.

If the price they'll charge changed since you made your deposit (likely) that's a material change of contract and they have to give you a refund if you don't agree to the new price.

#5265 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Rumored Indy vault?!? They never fixed the original

Yeah, they never finished the original to add the namesake Crystal Skull wizard mode, let alone polish the rest of the game. But it was in the "Stern's almost outta business" period, so I get it. But why bring it back? I've never heard anyone praising it.

#5270 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Because there's a new movie coming out, so it might attract enough interest from operators to put on location for casuals, who don't care if it's a one-shot game or a wizard mode is missing. But I'd doubt it's really worth Stern's time as compared to using their capacity on Godzilla and Elvira. Stern might have come to the same conclusion about the rumored Avatar vault, particularly after that new movie came and went from theaters without being much of a big deal.

Avatar 2 is the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time globally with $2.24 billion so far. It's breathing down Avengers:Endgame's neck for the #2 of all time. That's a pretty big deal.

But if Stern left the original Avatar and Indy:Crystal Skull in the vault, I would understand. Both are mediocre designs with mediocre software.

#5272 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Stern sees people paying 15K for the WMS Indy, think they'd pay 9K for a Vault Indy? Not many Stern Indys got made so easy sale to ppl looking for the duo. I know I don't want one.

I don't think that tracks. That's like saying people want to buy a Spinal Tap to complete their lineup of music pins. Nope.

All that said, *maybe* they could put Rick Naegele or Tanio on it and have a software miracle that makes the boring "shoot the ramp" design awesome, but I don't think that's happening.

#5323 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wouldn’t mind seeing an Indy vault that is the equivalent of Batman 66.

No Lyman makes that a tough row to hoe.

#5326 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I meant in the sense that it’s mostly a new game.
    I am not a fan of the original layout.

Ah, gotcha. But that Indy layout is so crap they'd have to change so much they might as well just start over, or copy/mirror another Borg layout that works. But honestly, I don't have high hopes for the new Indy movie based on the trailer, so enjoying the awesome B/W pin and calling it good is probably enough.

#5336 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Presuming its still node boards delaying toppers, I support their decision to make more pins instead of toppers. better for the hobby.

Aren't topper nodes different than the Node8/9 boards?

#5353 1 year ago
    Quoted from KSP1138:

Different part numbers for sure. Probably depends on if a particular topper needs to drive some LEDs, but likely very similar to those.

All the topper nodes I've seen are much smaller than Node 8/9 boards. They don't need to drive much, so that's not really a surprise. I don't think there's much (any?) overlap with use in the pinball machine itself, so topper production shouldn't impede pinball production.

#5382 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I expect it nearly impossible to get my full 'deposit' back from the dealer. I guess it's just time to wait till May or June for the next run of GZ Premiums.
    Ugggg

If the price changes, he has to refund if you don't agree to the new price. That's a material change in contract and it gives you a legal out.

#5443 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

EHOH is fully satisfied with 500 more (at this price).

Is it? I casually called around and couldn't get one (would be the 2nd time owning one, thought of a couple more mods). I think there's substantially more demand still out there for EHOH.

Mando and Star Wars? No idea. They seem to be slow movers at dists already

#5492 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Does anyone know when Foo LE’s hit the production line?

2-3 weeks, but probably 2. Once the location Pros are running, you'll know the LE run is imminent.

#5493 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

I thought operator Pros, premiums and LEs are in March. Home pros in April.

Nope. It's apparently very similar to the Bond production, which was a change from the way it had been before. Huge wait time for most home Pros to run: 5-6 months.

Mid-Late March
    Operator Foo Pros (and maybe a small amount of home ones)

Late March/Early April
    Foo LEs

Early-Mid April
    Foo Premiums

July-August
    Foo Home Pros

#5497 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

Damn! I ordered a home pro. I like my schedule better

Depending on your dealer/distributor, you might get lucky and get one of the few home pros out of that first run. But it's a small chance. Time to get on the horn and Richie Wrench your dealer/distributor to make sure that small chance happens FOR YOU. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    richiewrench.pngrichiewrench.png

#5502 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I just saw it as a response to metalliks post.
    No worries, I love Seinfeld. Missed the reference apparently.

slow-soup-for-you.gifslow-soup-for-you.gif
    #5505 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

Tried that. I’m looking at August. I might need a second distributor.

Or sell enough body fluids between now and mid-April to afford an upgrade to Premium.

#5507 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

Lol I can afford it but I choose not to get one. Not with the +2,700. I just need a location

Then get a Prem, enjoy it for 5 months, then sell it and buy the pro to get most of your $2700 back.

#5527 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As far as downpayments go, most pre-orders require non-refundable $1k-$2.5k deposit at time of order. You can’t cancel without losing the money. EXCEPT they allow you 1) to transfer ownership for a fee or 2) to move deposit to a future pin purchase. I am unsure what remedies are available for canceling on a $500 deal.

If the price changes, you can legally get a full refund if you don't agree to the new price, since that's a material change of contract.

Non-refundable deposits with a 6 month time limit or something seems more fair. If the machine is not delivered in that time, you have the option of re-upping for 6 more months or a refund to become a free agent and sign with another team.

#5567 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Will the Factory Friday video have Foo Fighters?

I assume overseas have already been built, but who knows? I heard location Pros were next week. I'd enjoy seeing them on the line tomorrow instead.

#5591 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeppers. This is what Stern sent me.
    [quoted image]

Also known as "polished glass."

Is it more expensive to use on all the machines? Why is Stern only sending it if you complain about how tight the glass is?

#5601 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I'd do neither. It's like AMC on TWD. I don't need a logo in 5 different places to know...yes AMC....got it. It is your brand. Same with TMNT. It's right on the translite about 4 inches below the topper.....

TWD Premium is the WORST for that. I won't even consider a TWD Prem for that reason. Pro or LE only. That Prem art with AMC all over it is atrocious.

#5605 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Netflix sure is plastered all over Stranger Things

Not nearly as large or offensive as that bright yellow AMC square on TWD. The Netflix brand is the same color as Stranger Things and smaller overall. Doesn't stand out and go out of its way to visually offend like AMC.
    Cabinet-STh_vs_TWD.pngCabinet-STh_vs_TWD.png

#5609 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Stern sent out an email today bumping the deadpool run to july and adding another gz premium run

So where does GZ Prem go? And did Deadpool replace the AIQ July run, like this...?

Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters Pro (mainly for ops)
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters LE
    Apr 2023 - Foo Fighters Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro (home buyers)
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Sep 2023 - Cornerstone - Rumored to be Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - For Rent - Deadpool moved up to July
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5632 1 year ago
    Quoted from demandecan55:

My distro said "July" as well but it might be moved back because Stern is moving factories in July.

Gomez was recently talking about the last time they moved and how the transition was seamless because they planned it out well. Ended one day (I think there was a weekend) and started up in the new factory the next day. I think they'll be shooting for as close to that model again as possible. They're bigger now, but they've done it before. So there shouldn't be too large of a disruption.

#5657 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Making LE, prem, and then Pro in that order is a calculated decision and I doubt they'd make them all at the same time even if they could.

And worse, putting a 5-6 month gap between the first location-only Pro run and the home run is absolutely to push as many people into the Prem tier by making the wait for a Pro huge. It didn't use to be that way and is all about de-emphasizing their low-margin Pro for home users.

#5661 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I am thinking of getting the Maiden. Quick question are any issues if existed on previous made 2018 version being addressed or fixed or tweaked for new run that anyone is aware of on Maiden?

Stern changed something with the playfield backboard in 2021's run (the last one). I don't know what it is yet, but it made the clearance different so the 3D Anubis won't work on the Prem anymore and needs different screws to work on a Pro. I have one of these new run Premiums coming to hopefully figure out a workaround. A lot of people still want them, but I can't sell it to 2021 run owners because I can't be sure it will work.

#5675 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Bond Prem owner here. Right now... the Action Button doesn't do anything and MOST of the modes on the instruction card don't actually exist in the game. You'd think they could atleast program the modes listed on the instruction card which was printed before any of the games shipped.

Ghostbusters didn't achieve this for 3 years.

#5696 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

March 19th I decided to check out the marketplace here on Pinside on a whim and a Stern Dealer had a NIB GZ Pre for MRSP listed. I called and bought it. They said they had 2 they just got from Stern. I’d keep checking the marketplace here, they seem to pop up the last few weeks.

Stick it on your wishlist and pinside will email you when one comes up.

#5725 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Saw on Flip N Out that IM is for Preorder 2024. Did the schedule change for it?[quoted image]

Maybe that's another run? As far as I know, May 2023 Maiden is still on. I have one coming in again.

#5726 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

This is by far the strangest thing I've seen since getting back into the hobby (prior to a recent GZ my last purchase was back in 2012 or so and all of my machines were used).
    I want a JP Premium to go with my GZ. Put down a deposit for one from the upcoming May build. When I go on Pinside all the used ones are more than I'm paying. Very odd situation.

Car situation was like that in the pandemic, and some models are STILL that way. We get emails from the dealer we got our odyssey from a year ago that they'll buy it back for 110% of what we paid all the time.

It'll be like that in many sectors until supply catches up with demand. But yeah, it is weird.

#5736 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

What's the scoop on Foo Fighters Premium? I got an email from my distributor yesterday saying June/July time frame, but looking at the production schedule here, I see a run up in April and no second run. I'm just curious if that's just when he thinks he'll be able to get the machine to me by from the April run or if there is word of a second FF Prem run coming up.

That's the second run of Prems, and the first run of home Pros in July. Hit up Stern's distributor list and try to find a dist with first run Prem slots available.

#5774 1 year ago
    Quoted from DParty:

Where did you get this updated info from? This is super exciting since I thought I’d have to wait until December for Deadpool!

Deadpool's been moved up officially for about a month. It's happening!

#5776 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Just played EHOH at MGC! Is Elvira scheduled for another run or was February it? I’d love to get one!

Rumored to be at least one more run next year, but this one filled demand pretty well, so who knows? If you call around you can probably find one in stock now.

#5779 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Will do thanks guys! Just quick question, I’m seeing a lot of posts that EHOH is a bear to dial in. Are these issues a relatively easy fix? Or should I run away?!

In my experience it was just a bunch of niggly stuff. I enjoyed having it, so worth the dialing in. Give it a shot.

#5794 1 year ago

My EHOH was almost perfect out of box. It gives a node board #10 trough error message after booting. Is this a false report, because I think #10 must be working? Should I call it in?

You don't get any more error information if you go into the system menu and do a test?

#5845 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Into the Spiderverse perhaps?

That. Would be truly Amazing.

#5863 1 year ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Is the there a different thread for accessories or is this the place to ask about expression light kits for Led and/or Rush? Just curious as it seems like the expression kits have really taken a back seat, and just wondering if that’s going to continue now that FF is on the scene.

Basically, if you want them and see them for any machine, grab them. There's a thread showing how to adapt the LZ Expression lighting to RUSH, and I assume there will be something similar for adapting LZ or RUSH kits to FF, so basically if you see a kit for any of them and you want it for your Expression Lighting-capable machine (not, for example FF Pro, which doesn't have the cutouts), jump. Stern just promoted RUSH Expression Lighting and other accessories for RUSH, so they may be coming soon.

#5865 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I heard Le’s are going to distros this week. Any truth to that?

Just finished export last week, so domestic likely later this week.

#5873 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

but the art on the art blades doesn't match? So you have to buy the set of non-expression light art blades for your machine, and carefully cut out a strip for expression lights?
    I think I'll just wait and hope that the supply issues resolve soon and they get these accessories out in more volume soon...

Making the art blades match is the least problem. Getting the electronics is the tough part. You can leave the art blades off and just use the lighting, or if you're the least bit crafty, make a template and cut out the holes carefully on the correct art blades with a fine point x-acto.

Is it ideal? No, but it's the crab barrel Stern has thrown their customers into.

#5883 1 year ago
    Quoted from MasterOnion5:

But where is Rush Premium in the schedule to put these Expression Lights in? I see Rush Pro stock is available at dealers, but not Premium - and isn't it only Premium that can use Expression?

All RUSH models support expression lights. The LE comes with them.

#5884 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No pinball machine is a turd.

Thunderbirds and Cosmic Carnival would like a word with you.

(Likely Spinal Tap, too...)

#5905 1 year ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If Rush owners have been pillaging the LZ kits, do you think there might be at least a little glimmer of hope that more LZ kits will be run? Especially considering that it sounds like maybe Rush kits are shipping soon?

I have no idea, but the fact that there are RUSH people with LZ kits means you could buy a RUSH kit and swap art blades so they get the actual RUSH expression blades and you get the LZ one. Everyone wins.

1 week later
    #5978 12 months ago
    Quoted from ShooterMcD:

That’s a long wait for my FF Pro….

By design. The giant lag before making the home pros is Stern's new way to try to push home pro buyers into a Premium that they make a LOT more money on than the Pros.

#5980 12 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

PinMonk have any coupon codes for your site for a larger order of gel inserts? Need foo and Elvira sets. Bulk order

I'm seemingly constantly drowning trying to keep up with orders, so I rarely do codes to make that worse. You do get free shipping over $100, though. Depending on where you are in the country, that can save $15-$20 on a decent sized order.

#6033 11 months ago

My sister in law is starting to lose hope of getting the Elvira that she ordered almost a year and a half ago. Did I read that the last run was cut short and there will POSSIBLY be another final small run late summer/Fall?[quoted image]

Call around. Some distributors have Elvira in stock. For example, Hemispheres Amusements shows they still have stock of the Premium as of 4/19/23.

EDIT:

Quoted from Tilt:

Correct, I have a couple myself available

And TILT! Can't go wrong with either distributor and can have an Elvira this coming week! Say adios to whoever has kept you waiting for 18 months, even after the last run made enough for dists to have extras.

#6051 11 months ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

How many other day one FFLE orders are still outstanding? I am paid in full and getting frustrated. Not sure I would have went LE if I could have snagged a premium before…I guess the good news is that reviews seem pretty positive so maybe I won’t take a bath when it’s time to sell

The LE is beautiful in person. The delay getting them out (even the one I got was beat by some Prems) sucks, for sure. However, it has the best Expression Lighting implementation yet, mirrored backglass looks fantastic, and the armor color is very nice. Worth the wait.

borat_hight_five.gifborat_hight_five.gif
    #6063 11 months ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

"Cornerstones" is the key word.
    Anybody have details on an upcoming Kapow collaboration?

At the risk of starting up the BTTF posts again - Both Back to the Future and Harry Potter have been strongly hinted at.

#6154 11 months ago
    Quoted from whistlervan:

I’m in for a premium Iron Maiden. Cannot wait

Me three! I had to bring another in for "work" to figure out what Stern changed that makes the 3D Anubis not fit since the last run so I can get it compatible again, but I'm very happy to have it coming back. My favorite Elwin pin. Such great theme integration across the board, which I'm sure is also thanks to Rick's work on the code.

#6164 11 months ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

I’ll be getting one of those pinmonk quiet fans too when my Maiden arrives! Can’t stand those high pitched whiny fans Stern uses… I’ve at least bought 4 for all my pins past and present. Best mod ever!

Awesome! I don't have most new pins in-house long, just enough to temp test/mod them, but changing the power supply fan is usually the first thing I end up doing on Sterns. I can't stand that stock fan, and now with the cheaper, crappier, louder powernex fan they're using, the noise is even worse.

#6168 11 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

or just install a pinwoofer and crank it up to 11.

The problem is attract mode. It only gets worse the more machines you have if you leave them on.

#6171 11 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

You got a replacement fan you recommend? TIA

The original DIY thread I made showing you how to adapt a fan with the right connectors for a quiet replacement is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

I eventually made plug and play fan kits for people that didn't want to track down parts and do the connectors, etc. That's available here on pinside in my store and on pinmonk.com:

https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

#6175 11 months ago
    Quoted from KJL:

How do you eliminate the noise if you don't pull the original fan out?

The fan in the power supply is operated thermally. If you have a bezel hooked to an external fan, the power supply should never get hot enough for the internal fan to come on. The external fan pulls the air right through the existing fan.

Here's one of the posts in the DIY thread from someone that went the external route:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/2#post-4418097

#6207 11 months ago
    Quoted from Drussksu:

Prediction Time: What will we see in the Factory Friday Video tomorrow.
    My guess: FF Premium and Iron Maiden Premium

Maiden was supposedly moved to June.

#6210 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I didn't think they shuffled, just pushed everything 2 weeks. But...
    5/5 Factory Friday - Foo LE / Bond Prem
    5/5 Build Date - JP Prem
    5/12 Factory Friday - Foo Prem / JP Prem (Foo LE done?)
    They were only building Foo, Bond, and JP first. You would think that they'd finish Bond before going to JP (especially since Foo is on the line too).
    And tomorrow will be at least 14 days since we know they started JP (based on a build date photo). I doubt they're making that many JP Prem but maybe.
    So I also am hopeful for Maiden!

Parts availability probably is what's dictating the schizophrenic schedule changes with mid-build stoppages and switching to another build then back again a few days or a week later.

#6244 11 months ago

This is the Summer of Elwin. You want an Elwin pin? Stern will build it for you.

Even if you don't want one, Stern's gonna build one for you, and you're gonna take it.

when I thought i was out they pull me back in.gifwhen I thought i was out they pull me back in.gif
    #6254 11 months ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Feels like it . Got my Godzilla and waiting for the Iron Maiden and now I keep thinking about JP and AIQ.. ugh.

If you or a friend believe you have a pinball problem, there are counselors standing by at the pinball addiction hotline: (708) 345-7700.

#6261 11 months ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

I had a good idea what that number was going to be just because of the 708 area code. That’s like telling you to call your dealer if you think you’re addicted to drugs!

But Stern really wants to help with your pinball addiction!

#6338 11 months ago
    Quoted from nullPinner:

Any word on if the Deadpool run in August will be its last call?

Deadpool can never truly die, so even if they do last call, it's got to be more like a pause to stay true to the license. Stern misunderstood the license terms for an immortal character. It's not "all you WANT TO make" it's "all you CAN make."

#6364 10 months ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Has Stern ever put a game that has already been archived back on the line?
    Gord

Yes. They call them vaults. Some were still warm.

#6367 10 months ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Seems like Iron Man was in the camp too. Totally stale in the beginning then blossomed late. Cheap easy build probably too.

Iron Man was an official vault title.

#6387 10 months ago

Summer slump has happened each and every year now, for 19 years.

I think the first couple COVID summers were an exception, but overall-yeah. This one might be worse because everyone and their brother wants to travel this summer because they can with pretty much no restrictions.

#6388 10 months ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

Wow that’s crazy, I’ve always assumed they just took the amount of money from the proceeds needed to buy the machine and placed the order with whoever had allocation. Seems crazy to win a prize and not have it a year later.

I'm pretty sure it's because Stern and one or more distributors work with project pinball to get their cost as low as possible (stern discount + distributor discount) to maximize the amount of the raffle proceeds that go to charity. That is kind of like the IFPA discount pins, then, meaning they become lower priority than paid, high margin pins from normal customers. I don't know any of this FOR SURE, but it seems like it's the case. and Stern has issued project pinball outright donation press releases, so they're definitely involved.

#6396 10 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Huge announcement tomorrow.

annie (resized).jpgannie (resized).jpg
    #6400 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball1987:

Who’s announcing what tomorrow

Third base.

#6417 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Does anyone know if Stern have moved into their new premises yet?

I feel like it was supposed to be in late summer/early fall, but can't remember where I read that...

3 weeks later
    #6718 10 months ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Picking up my Maiden premium in a couple hours

Don't think mine has shipped yet. So looking forward to having this pin in house again.

jelly (resized).jpgjelly (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #6879 9 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Bond used to suck. Now it’s much better.

Much better than suck is what? OK? Kinda good? Because it's not great. We're coming up on a year and the game isn't coming together. Just feels like a lot of disjointed stuff.

#6936 9 months ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

yikes, no venom pros on the line for home this year.

No fat profits in Pros, so they only really want them in locations. Home users are pretty obviously being shoved to buy profit-laden Prems. Been moving that way for at least a year.

#6946 9 months ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

I think the rumor is a new game based on Raiders of the Lost Ark (probably in 2024). Why would they bring back a DMD game that wasn't even well liked?

And wasn't even finished. The namesake wizard mode to finish the game isn't in it.

#6960 9 months ago
    Quoted from Collin:

For the folks worried about no Venom pros for home use - the way I read this list is "New cornerstone" = Venom, and someone just forgot to finish the copy-paste job on the list. I.E. Home pros (presumably) would come the month after location ones, along with LEs.
    Pkus, November looks pretty wide open

Unlikely. Stern's new thing for the last 18 months or so is to do Location Pros then LEs, then Prem, then up to 5 months later, home pros. The point of this change is to force more people into the much more profitable Premiums who don't want to wait almost half a year for a Pro for a new title. If they're running Venom starting in Aug, then I would expect to see home pros in Dec/Jan at the earliest, based on their current strategy.

2 weeks later
    #7015 8 months ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Depending on your area you could probably find a really nice used one with some mods for under new MSRP that’s definitely the Elwin you can find the cheapest right now.

Agree. I'd look for a HUO AIQ. The pricing will be pretty good and might even be able to move downward more as it's the Elwin more people aren't feeling of his oeuvre so far.

#7016 8 months ago
    Quoted from Ricmaz:

Aren’t AIQ premiums supposed to be made in July? We are running out of July.

I'd look for a deal on a HUO AIQ. You'll save at least $1500 (possibly $2000) over new and it will likely have all the NIB tweaks done already. There are 30 AIQ ads in the marketplace right now, some not too far from you. Use all that dough you're saving to get the topper or put it towards another pin. No use throwing money down the toilet, and with AIQ so cheap on the secondary market, there's really little reason to buy NIB.

#7018 8 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

AIQ is a binary experience.

Which is why it has a lot for sale. With all the new games coming out, people are looking around and that's the one they don't play enough to keep. I also think it's Elwin's weakest package. But for the people that want one, it's almost TMNT-level good deals out there on HUO machines, which is great for them!

#7035 8 months ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

I don't understand why Stern would take the time to "update" an existing SAM game to spike2. The architectures are different, seems to me this would be like starting from scratch. The software development effort required to create a solid release of the exact same game would be substantial. Seems like they would just do another run of the SAM version of the game.

Spike 3 has more horsepower. They could do an emulation wrapper for the SAM/Whitestar code. Doesn't solve the dots issue, but it would get it running pretty quickly and they could go from there.

Sam/Whitestar are WAY more expensive to run now compared to super-cost-reduced Spike. Unless you want to pay $17k for your original Whitestar/SAM game re-do, that's a no-go.

#7049 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

Saw this on a distro that I follow on social. Wondering if this is really it for these 2 titles?[quoted image]

Avengers I can believe. Secondary market is in the toilet for them (relative to other Elwins) and the channel is filling. Iron Maiden I think Stern will re-up and continue to milk for a long time. It's the rare Stern music pin that is very popular worldwide.

I really do wish they'd redesign the Maiden newton ball pop bumper dish mechanism though. Hate that thing. So time-consuming to dial in.

#7053 8 months ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Why would I post this if it wasn't true? Ahhh, I think I would be getting a call from Stern if we were to post something that wasn't true. We received the e-mail this morning that it is last call for Pro and Premium models of Avengers and Iron Maiden. Not every game can stay on the production line for ever. Get one while you still can. Out with the old ...in with the new!

Out with the old, in with the Foo.

294 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.