Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

I heard from my distributor BM66 was pushed back until Q4 as well as 3-4 other games (not sure what those were), I am on order for BM66 and DP but can change to Godzilla if that looks appealing.

#19 2 years ago

Frustrating that I actually have money and want to buy something (have 2 games on order) but there is no supply or what is on supply I don’t want. Also local sale games are not much better. I kid you not there are 6 games listed within 50 miles of me on the market. Three are AIQ (don’t want), one is TMNT (don’t want) one is Tron (want but it’s $21k that’s too rich for me!).

2 months later
    #33 2 years ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Got a notification from my distributor that the Batman 66 is on schedule to be on the line the week of December 6th. Great news if true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I also have been told my BM66 for December no firm date given to me.

2 weeks later
    #46 2 years ago

BM66 December 2021

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Stranger Things Pro is December 2021 as well.

I’m kind of surprised no SThings premium.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I verified my DP Premium got pushed out to August of 22. I ordered it at the beginning of June 21. That's more than a year wait, and I expect it will probably slide more, perhaps into never being made. Especially if more Covid shutdowns and such happen further affecting supply chains and labor forces. I mean, who can really predict deliveries on anything anymore?

That’s super crazy, people also ordered Mando that won’t get until next year.

It just makes the LEs *that* much more valuable. Just for the fact that you can get the darn thing in a timely manner.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Looks like production dates are a moving target.

25E3CA0D-385E-4BE8-8913-4416FCB5F3BF (resized).jpeg25E3CA0D-385E-4BE8-8913-4416FCB5F3BF (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #109 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

But wait for 1 year for a pinball is a joke. If stern doesnt want my money the secondary market will get me what i'm looking for at a discount. The more people will start leaving at the same time, the better deals will be for my wallet. Just my opinion.

look at the used market you can get a DP premium for $10-12k (asking price) or wait for Stern to make them and pay $8k.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

You are right about that but if stern doesn’t catch up at one point who knows. Do you feel confortable to make a deposit and wait 2 ? 3 years ? I'm not trying to be negative but it doesn’t seems like these problems will just disappear and still, they come up with 3 or 4 games a year. That could become a monstrous backlog.

If Stern makes too few like Tron the used prices will stay high on select titles.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Anyone out there get their BM66 or hear of it being in transit? Just curious if things are rolling out as outlined earlier in this thread.

Someone in BM66 thread said he did.

#185 2 years ago

Here is how crazy things are, I was trying to do a Pinsider a solid, I had ordered two BM66 because one distributor was unsure if he was getting x number or x plus 1. So he said I was on for the plus 1 if he got it. Then I called my main distributer and asked if anyone had dropped off (he had been sold out) he said as a matter fact he did have one spot so I ordered from him as well. This was back in July when I ordered. Well I heard a Pinsider was looking for one, and told him that I had two (maybe) on order and I would give him my extra one.

Yesterday both distributers told me they had the pin for me so I asked one if it was OK if I didn't buy that one and give it to a Pinsider and he told me no F-n way. He said he could only ship it to me and if I didn't buy it for me he could not change to someone I had brought into the sale. He said he had a list and he was selling it to his peeps.

I can see both sides, but I could have bought it and tried to sell it for a profit but I didn't want to get involved in having to wait for delivery and pick up and broker the money etc. So I just let the dealer have the allotment back.

Bear in mind this is BM66 premium at $9100 and people are fighting over it, these were $7700 a year ago.

1 week later
    #265 2 years ago

I can feel the frustration from I was talking with one distributor, I asked him if I could get on a list for any future LE. He said yes but that I won't get the game because his list is too long and he told me he sold several Godzilla LE and the buyers turned around and flipped them for +$4000.

I am not sure if this is 100% accurate but it does go to the heart of this market where distributors are being trampled underfoot to a certain extent. I had the opportunity to have bought two of one game because I had ordered twice (not sure if the pin was going to be there from one dealer). I could have bought both and turned around to flip the extra. I didn't do it, I let the dealer have the extra unit to sell. I had mixed feelings, I could have took possession and sold for +$1xxx but then felt like I would have been taking advantage of a Pinsider by making a profit. It would not have made any sense whatsoever for me to have sold one at no gain. I mean the trouble on my end of waiting twice for delivery and pickup as well as the slight risk of scammer (reverse funds or whatever the case may be). It is not any benefit to me to take on the trouble of that unless it was for a profit. So I let the dealer take the pin and sell it (hopefully at the same price not mark-up). I feel if that was the case someone would get the pin at a fair price and be as happy as I am to be getting mine.

I got a JP premium 6 months back for $7600, not saying that is cheap but looking now it's just a screaming deal when no one can get anything at the moment.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

From the distros point of view a sale is a sale

He did say that, he said when he sells it the buyer has the right to do what he wants, but I do think they feel sorry to sell LEs at lower than market price. Godzilla could sell for $12K all day long but the distributor sold for $10K, he did make a profit but he did not make as much profit as was possible.

It's human nature to wonder that you are not making as much money as you could be. I make good money at my job but if I found someone doing the same job and getting paid double you better believe I would not be happy.

#281 2 years ago

Just got my.

7E81530B-E4F2-4866-988A-515DCBC158AD (resized).jpeg7E81530B-E4F2-4866-988A-515DCBC158AD (resized).jpeg7352D993-956A-442E-B3C5-37DC08616876 (resized).jpeg7352D993-956A-442E-B3C5-37DC08616876 (resized).jpeg45CB0DD3-F179-49DA-BD45-97A9268FBFD6 (resized).jpeg45CB0DD3-F179-49DA-BD45-97A9268FBFD6 (resized).jpeg

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Man that game looks great. I need to find one on the market at some point.

It’s fun!

Harder than I expected, watching Jack Danger score Billions like it was nothing to it. It’s really good so far.

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

I talked to a distro who self proclaimed themselves as "Stern's largest". He said that they are paying extra to ensure they are on top of Stern's order lists. Any validity for this, or is he just blowing smoke?

0*TgZkMYFmunxKSFgR (resized).png0*TgZkMYFmunxKSFgR (resized).png

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Why in the world would he unload it like that? Glad it was ok. Congrats - awesome game!

they're probably not able to fire anyone so they get whatever they can get.

1 month later
    #610 2 years ago

Take this for whatever you want, I ordered DP premium last August and saw some people getting theirs. I reached out to my distributor and was told mine is a July run.

That’s just as well with me because I bought 3 new in the past 6 months and I’ll get to see the next new release first.

2 weeks later
    #710 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When do we think Stern will be caught up with the backlog?

Not specifically about pinball but I’ve read the auto makers have found it’s better to have a little lower inventory and be able to sell very close to MSRP than having the dealers lots full and we being able to cross shop at dealers and get better deals.

3 weeks later
    #967 2 years ago

I put a deposit on Elvira but was told not guaranteed because Stern could lower the build number.

I wish Stern could make as many as necessary especially as it’s the last Lyman game at Stern.

#977 2 years ago

What are they charging for Elvira 40th?

The point is that it’s probably too expensive if they haven’t instantly sold out and change hands for more like we see with Godzilla LE or JJP Potc etc.

#1039 2 years ago

TL;DR

Still love you tho.

#1042 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey all, thanks to those of you with kind words and continued support for Flip N Out Pinball, LLC. To those with strong and/or harsh words regarding our business practices or pricing, Nicole and I apologize for any delays with responding or any mistakes we have made. I assure you, we are doing every possible thing we can to make your enjoyment of the pinball hobby the absolute best it can be. While I can be a bit perfectionistic, I do make mistakes and will continue to make mistakes here and there. We do everything to limit the frequency and magnitude of those mistakes. And looking at the industry and other distribution companies, we are exceedingly happy with our level of support and ethical business practices.
    I'm a pinball guy. It's why I'm responding on Pinside. As a hobbyist, some dealers frustrated me in the past, so I worked my ass off to become one. And my goal is to be the best damn pinball distributor there is, anything else means I have not succeeded.
    - We continue to offer Free Shipping (w/insurance) on all new Sterns, even when our peers have given up on the practice and even as we see shipping quotes go through the roof.
    - We ship fast. That's because I'm impatient and as a hobbyist, I want my games in my gameroom as fast as possible.
    - We troubleshoot with customers and we submit for warranty requests, even if it's past the window of warranties. If something is rejected by a manufacturer for replacement, we often pay for the repair and/or the part ourselves. I would like to think a vast amount of customers can and would attest to this. If there is an issue, WE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT. Example, customer last week had his Rush LE damaged in shipment. Instead of waiting a couple of months for Stern to repair, we sent him our own NIB Rush LE and he received it the very next day. We will wait on the repairs.
    - We attempt to provide full transparency to our customers or potential customers, even if it costs us a sale. I personally would rather receive truth I don't want to hear than someone blowing smoke up my ass telling me what I want to hear.
    - We relay information to our customers and to many non-customers via emails, texts, calls, and the podcast that I produce, giving weekly updates on Manufacturer timelines and changes to production lines.
    - We maintain competitive pricing. We sell customers pinball machines for MSRP and often provide free shipping on top. For those manufacturers that we do charge shipping, we often cap the shipping costs to the customers and we pay for the rest ourselves. What many do not understand is that when are receiving 25% or less of the number of products we were expecting this year, then yes, we have to figure out creative ways to fill that void. We have chosen a couple of different avenues, one of which is increasing our preowned sales efforts. So when you see a game listed at Market Price, that's why. I will purchase games on the secondary market for way above MSRP if my market analysis suggests there's still some profit to be made. This isn't easy work and it's risky, but again, we've got to do what we've got to do to run this business. And if that means purchasing a Star Wars Premium Comic Edition for 10k used and hoping to sell it between 10500-11000, then so be it, it's better than not making sales to support our business and ultimately our family.
    - We spend countless hours and money supporting the pinball community. Tens of thousands of dollars are spent toward charities, tourney sponsorships, giveaways, etc., much of which isn't aired publicly.
    At the end of the day, there are plenty of great dealers you can work with. While we would love to earn and maintain your business at Flip N Out Pinball, we know the reality is that some of you do not want to support our business for whatever reason or maybe you already have a great relationship with your dealer. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, we support your decision and still see you as a pinball friend and fellow hobbyist.
    Sorry for the long thesis, but wanted to chime in to express our continued support to you and to the rest of the industry. Please come and chat/BS with us at the next show! We are in Texas in one week woohoo!
    Oh...and we do have some exciting additions coming soon at Flip N Out Pinball, such as a revamped website, a new showroom, and a new employee to expedite troubleshooting/tech. and warranty claims.
    Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

99E4E1BC-79DF-4402-9B9E-DAF059FB3B28 (resized).jpeg99E4E1BC-79DF-4402-9B9E-DAF059FB3B28 (resized).jpeg

#1058 2 years ago

It’s amazing even with the dropped games like BM66 there’s so many available options. Compare to JJP who could have a successful re-run on most of their pins but if you don’t like Wonka or GnR you’re out of luck.

#1065 2 years ago

Is Iron Maiden done??

#1087 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I miss the days of feeling like I was doing Stern and the distributors a favor by buying a game from them. Now it feels like I’m a nuisance for wanting to buy a game from them.

Me too. I also miss the days that I could get a used game at a decent price. Nowadays NIB can be far cheaper than used.

DP pro f/s at the price of a nib premium.

#1111 2 years ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

FWIW I reached out to four different distributors over the last two weeks asking about putting down a deposit on a Deadpool Premium, and two very politely waved me off. Would not accept a deposit, would not put me on a wait-list, didn't suggest a timeline to follow back up. The other two were very clear about their uncertainty regarding production timelines but willing to help.
    Is there really so much backlog that distributors can forego future potential sales because of uncertainty in their allocations? Or is it just not worth the hassle?

This happened to me with BM66 a year ago, I called every Stern distributer I could find before I was able to get lucky when someone did drop off of their order.

1 week later
    #1306 1 year ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

I'm right there with you. Been a Star Wars fan my whole life, Mandalorian did absolutely nothing for me, I couldn't even finish watching the first season. It was awful.

I did watch season one Bill Burr was the highlight and the Gina Carrera who I think they dropped from the series for Woke reasons.

I haven’t bothered to watch the second season.

#1410 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I put in an order for a Rush Premium on March 1. Could I realistically see it being built and shipped in the April batch?

I’ve not played it yet, how is this pin?

I’ve got DP and Elvira on order not sure if Elvira will be allocated enough for me.

#1469 1 year ago

I’ve got preorder from Cointaker and GameExchange

#1473 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

For all of you who can’t wait, I’m pretty sure you’ll have the opportunity to purchase one immediately, courtesy of the NIBs showing up on pinside in the next few days for a 50% premium.
    Pinball enthusiasts will help each other out. It’s part what makes this community so awesome!

$10k by X-MAS (Stern Pro).

I was going to say Stern premium but that’d be a deal now.

#1610 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

The juice is loose, as of the FlipNOut stream last night with joelbob :[quoted image]

This is good news for me I’m waiting on DP premium. However it just goes to show that this is a complex and evolving situation.

#1638 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I'm shouting the rain saying this but it annoys the heck out of me that scalpers are called flippers. All the jabber in here about it has struck a chord.
    It must be generational. Flipping a machine used to be "playing" it. Then it became a term for buying old junk cheap, putting time love and money into it and selling for a small profit.
    Scalping, on the other hand, is the practice of buying up all the retail product, holding it hostage from the consumers and price gouging.
    Scalping is a pointless thing to complain about, though (or is it?) Some of us will never do business with people/dealers who are price gouging but as long as there are those who will it isn't going to stop. It only takes a few to make the practice profitable.
    It does make me curious about a few things, though. Elvira 40th, for example. Stern made 200. Clearly there weren't 200 suckers world wide who were willing to pay 25k. I see them NOT selling. And that's good. It was foul for stern to ask the distributors to pay what they did and extra foul for the massive mark up to the consumers after that. Let them sit. I'd bet the few (very few) who DID purchase one didn't pay that much (and they probably won't ever tell what they really paid)
    More curiousity.
    How many of the for-sale listings that we see around here are just pipe dreams? People hoping thier machine is a winning lottery ticket and then not getting any interest for a year at the asking price? I bet more than some will admit.
    I know someone who sat on a Hobbit last summer asking 12k with zero takers until he finally let it go for 7700. I know someone who picked up a Beatles for 5800 NIB last month because the seller got tired of looking at the box. I wonder if those situations are more common than it appears at first blush. Especially with regard to sales that are strictly local.
    I dont know. But I wonder.
    I've digressed. Anyway, it all makes me want to change my Wicked Flip handle which has nothing to do with selling pinball machines in any way.
    So, what's on the line at Stern Pinball? HA!

I can see both sides, if someone wants to be a better person and won’t flip it, let the next guy take the slot. That doesn’t mean the next guy will not scalp it.

#1667 1 year ago

Do you think it’s due to more demand or less supply than was a few years ago?

#1775 1 year ago

The elephant in the room, I’m more worried about damage during shipping because these games are not easily replaceable.

Hopefully the shipper are handling them with kid gloves.

#1780 1 year ago

I’ve been lucky with a dozen nib games only box damage. Half were pristine the other half had external box damage but no damage to the pin.

#1782 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

So you're saying you're overdue for game damage on your next NIB then?

F82EB86B-182C-49F1-B3C2-D62242D83E56 (resized).pngF82EB86B-182C-49F1-B3C2-D62242D83E56 (resized).png
    #1804 1 year ago

I had box damage but I wasn’t there when it was dropped off. My daughter signed for it but I was super worried because the letter said I should inspect before signing. But these guys always want to drop and run.

Anyway this box has good instructions about inspection before signing. Sometimes the distributor will tell you to accept even if damage if it’s cosmetic that can be fixed on site.

Lucky when I took a box cutter to make a window the game was not damaged.

ADC5C45C-01F8-4C08-9763-C164A7232E92 (resized).pngADC5C45C-01F8-4C08-9763-C164A7232E92 (resized).png
    1508B39D-556A-4B40-B742-4831504E1C88 (resized).png1508B39D-556A-4B40-B742-4831504E1C88 (resized).png

#1807 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

That's a piece of the cut cardboard box hanging in the foreground out of focus.

Yea. I’m sorry didn’t have a more zoomed out picture.

#1827 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Question from a newbie. How long do games typically stay in production? Is it too late to get a new Batman 66 or Ghostbusters?

Typically it’s different each game. Stranger things premium likely only 2 years run. BM66 was around 5 full years. You’ll also have an example like Iron Man first released in 2010 was being run in 2020 iirc

This gives us some hope of Tron or GB re-runs but not likely since Stern can’t seem to build the current games like Rush and Godzilla.

#1833 1 year ago

I’d say the average time is 4 years but can be shorter (Mustang) or extended like or AcDc which was released in 2012 but had a vault edition in 2017.

It seems unlikely that vault editions would be a priority even with strong demand like LotR, Tron etc.

#1836 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Not to derail the thread but a vault of a DMD game with new assets and a LCD screen on a game like lord of the rings or kiss would be super cool and would definitely take my money lol

I mean it’s never too late, look at the Williams remakes, I could see that happening at some point in the future.

1 week later
    #2076 1 year ago
    Quoted from koops:

Distributor just emailed to say that our JP Premiums that were due to be on the line next month for delivery to AUS in July have been pushed back to a September delivery date. Boo earns.

The wait is too bad, but JP is amazing and worth the wait. I’m waiting for DP premium myself.

#2080 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

JP still on the line in July. Won't arrive in Australia until September.

Not bad considering it was 65 million years in the making.

#2122 1 year ago

What titles have been under produced?

I mean it seems like SW for example has been made forever and seems like it’s always in the pipeline.

Other games like Elvira not so much.

1 week later
    #2244 1 year ago

My distributor said she’s not sure yet how many DP premium they’re getting so not sure if I’m getting one or not.

#2253 1 year ago

Just curious if my DP doesn’t happen and my Elvira is iffy as well. Is new Alien pinball machine any good? I’ve played a few times but can’t decide on that as I was aiming for the DP first.

#2346 1 year ago

Got the email to pay my balance on DP premium. (Got to say sticker shock).

#2393 1 year ago

DP premium incoming no ETA yet but I’ve got off 6 days starting this Thursday so I’m hoping it’ll come then.

#2405 1 year ago

I've seen DP new ready to ship (google DP pinball) not a lot of stock. The pinball company 7999 pro.

#2499 1 year ago

#2590 1 year ago

Just received DP premium built on 5-13-22

C8BAE56B-6AF0-43BF-9C75-B3D0F0F8BF82 (resized).jpegC8BAE56B-6AF0-43BF-9C75-B3D0F0F8BF82 (resized).jpeg

09F850B1-F4FC-45A4-90F7-35984D6D9A83 (resized).jpeg09F850B1-F4FC-45A4-90F7-35984D6D9A83 (resized).jpeg

#2593 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Clear on it looks terrible! Hope it’s better in real life.

I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.

#2598 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

If it’s the ceiling then I reverse judgment, the damned thing’s a mirror! Would love to have that game myself. Plus maybe some glasses.

No the clear coat is very smooth, I don’t want to take the glass off because it’s very tight but the clear looks great.

3221E384-8C52-4E87-91B0-CAB22C3E6D7B (resized).jpeg3221E384-8C52-4E87-91B0-CAB22C3E6D7B (resized).jpeg

#2614 1 year ago

I’ll try out the lower flipper power see if that’s better on the brick drop targets. Besides that problem it shoots like butter, one of the best Gomez layouts ever. I really like both orbit shots (happy I got the premium for the little loop ramp).

1 week later
    #2728 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Anybody seen anything Stern has put out for production of Q3/Q4 or will they wait until they release the new cornerstone to put that out? Saw on the last page that Maiden may be back in production? I would love to grab one of those at MSRP.

I’m hoping for Tron Vault

#2766 1 year ago

Only one time did I pay full in advance, when I got Godzilla LE. It was from a distributor I never dealt with before. I didn’t think it was normal but I was just happy that I got one because my two usual dealers were sold out.

One funny time I got a STLE (those were the days $7700 all in). I sent an actual paper check, I got my game but the check had never cleared. I called up the distributor to remind them to cash the check.

#2770 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

MSRP for STLE was $7700? Damn.

Sure and Tron pro was $4700

Nowadays it’s $9k for a premium, and don’t get me started when premium used to include colored side rails and legs.

AE6AE7D9-9037-40A9-B189-7AF32C0F0343 (resized).jpegAE6AE7D9-9037-40A9-B189-7AF32C0F0343 (resized).jpeg

#2795 1 year ago

When is AIQ slated for?

#2798 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

There are tons of distributors right now that have this game it's the easiest game to find,I don't think you need to wait if you want one.

Okay, if I get tho it’ll be in Sep-Oct because I just got DP. Maybe I’ll wait for the next cornerstone to decide.

Does anyone know who would be designing the next new game?

#2853 1 year ago

Does anyone know who is the designer on the next game?

#2884 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I ordered a prem late last year for the August run. I'm stoked. It must be getting close to retirement.

I love my SW (premium) but the pro is great too, if I had to sell everything but 1 pin, I would keep my SW.

#2887 1 year ago
    Quoted from Walk:

That’s considerable praise. I’m interested in hearing what else is in your collection.

You can see my collection by clicking on the 14 number below my name.

I’ve got Godzilla LE, DP premium, JP premium. Etc.

What sets it apart is the variety of modes and the character ability perks so it’s not the same game over and over again like most pins.

I’m not a great player so I’ll never see everything in one game but I can start as R2D2 and Death Star missions and play that for a while. If I get tired I can play other planets or other characters. It’s like a choose your own adventure book.

But not just that I like the layout and hyper loop on the premium and of course the theme is perfect and they got good use of the movie assets.

#2890 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Your collection is set to private...just a FYI.

I had no idea. Should be able to see now.

#2930 1 year ago

I heard some more Iron Maiden’s to be made, unknown when.

2 weeks later
    #3083 1 year ago

Just saw DP premium for sale on Amazon only 2 left.

Have AIQ and Mando also at Stern store on Amazon.

#3097 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

Just ordered a Deadpool off amazon. I remember back in early 2020 (i think) Amazon carried Stranger Things Premium and a version of Star Wars. I thought they were too expensive at the time.
    Hopefully delivery will be problem-free. Not sure this would be returnable via Kohls walk-in.

Great! I love my DP so much, got it last month but was on a waiting for 8 months. Not as easy to find at distributor anymore.

#3135 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

If the economy tanks no one will be buying these over priced games

Not even close to true.

Some people will think twice or not buy but to say no one will be buying is just not even remotely true. A recession doesn't mean everyone is out of work, most people will still be fully employed and buying things as usual. People living hand to mouth aren't buying pinball machines anyway.

#3181 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

That could be an issue though. It seems Mando supply outweighs demand. Personally, I only played the game time one time so I cannot really say anything good or bad about it.

I’ve seen this before with Mano pro + Maiden pro (combo)

Here it’s Mando pro + Godzilla premium (combo)

If anyone wants Godzilla premium get this and you’ll have to try and unload Mando.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137433

This tells me the dealer is trying to attach Mando pro with a more in demand game so.

I know some people love Mando but it’s not my cup of tea.

1 month later
    #3483 1 year ago

Any word on the cornerstone theme? Usually Kenada will have an idea but I don’t follow him because he has a paywall.

5 months later
    #4772 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Think its rumored Foo Fighters

I sure hope so, my money will be safe!

1 week later
    #4788 1 year ago

Bring on the misters of the dark!

p11138_i_v9_aa (resized).jpgp11138_i_v9_aa (resized).jpg

#4794 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

A couple pages back somebody posted a schedule and it shows that Deadpool is being built in December '23 (10.5 months)

it's worth the wait!

1 week later
    #4872 1 year ago

I was thinking, if Stern ever gets extra capacity back they could seriously sell a good few of remakes like one remake every year such as SM, ST, GB, Tron Stranger Things, etc.

#4893 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

It's not THAT good of a game. I would cancel.

Remind me not to ask you about your options on games because your ratings are horrible.

10590E54-3DB1-47E2-B0F7-85195F472D57 (resized).jpeg10590E54-3DB1-47E2-B0F7-85195F472D57 (resized).jpeg
    D96CF568-651A-4646-A5A7-09D67A0FE837 (resized).jpegD96CF568-651A-4646-A5A7-09D67A0FE837 (resized).jpeg

#4919 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Totaly untrue. Maybe a few yes but pletty here try to give an accurate assessment.

Yes and whenever there’s talk about how to fix the top 100 it should start with purging bogus ratings like these what have MM as a 1 and Potc a 1 and Godzilla a 1.1.

These pins are not 1 or 1.1 period. It’s not somebody’s opinion it’s their agenda against good pins.

Like if someone says the Ford F150 is the worst pickup truck ever made or Porsche 911 is the worst car even made, that’s not an honest opinion it’s an agenda to downgrade what is arguably the class of its class.

Make no mistake, rating a pin 1.0 is not an opinion that the pin is a little weak in some area, a 1.0 is the lowest allowed by the rating. Nothing is lower than 1.0 on this rating scale.

#4923 1 year ago

5 of the last 6 Stern pins I bought after they were out a year(s) and the code was completed except for Godzilla which I bought on release day.

SW
    DP
    BM66
    JP
    Elvira

All were purchased 2 years after release but had a long wait for them as the pandemic etc.

#4946 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not when the lowest game on the Top 100 is 7.84!
    The average Top 100 game has a rating of 8.5, and a 1.0 will harm that score five times more than a 10 will improve it.
    Example: Worst case scenario, game only has one rating of 8.5. (but, but... is irrelevant) and gets
    a 1: (8.5+1)/2=4.75, went down 3.75
    or a 10: (8.5+10)/2=9.25, went up .75
    3.75/.75=5 times the effect
    The effect gets smaller with more existing ratings, but the 5 to 1 ratio stays the same, still talking about that 8.5 rating.
    Now, if the average rating was 5.5, a 1 or a 10 would have the same size effect. But it's even worse for a rating above 8.5! For a mythical lone 10, a new 10 has no effect at all, while a 1 would knock it down from 10 to (10+1)/2=5.5!
    If I ran these ratings, I'd quietly count any rating lower than a 5 as a 5. I think that would balance out the ratings a lot.

Well said, I was going to say something similar but you said if so much better.

#4981 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

The reality is that there is no production schedule. Sure they throw something up on the chalkboard listing their "goals" for a production schedule, but that rarely works out. It is flexible. It has to be. Even Gomez said the production schedule is constantly changing.

But with Elvira they told the dealers a date and price and they passed it along to the deposit holders. Would seem odd to just skip the build after that build up. If the build was not happening or not firm why even tell the dealers it was?

#4989 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Music aside, their album art has always been pretty bad. Very vanilla band.

Some people were saying Rush was an underwhelming band for a pin theme.

FF says ‘hold my beer!’

What about Van Halen or Sabbath or Floyd?

1 week later
    #5101 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

After the Bond fiasco I'd imagine they'll want a ready supply for the launch and toss them out the door fast.
    With everyone else releasing games over the next month, will they get in front of it all and announce 1st? Or right after JJP puts out their next game later this month and take the wind out of their sales?
    Com'on leak of pictures......

What is the Bond fiasco? I played it and didn’t care for it one bit but I assumed some people like it. When Bond LE was announced I wanted to get one initially until I saw it and decided to wait what with Lonny on code it was a big red flag and the LE price was a joke, received several people asking if I wanted it for msrp but no. The joke was the guys asking for a couple thousand over list.

But what is the fiasco did it not sell well?

At these prices it seems wise to wait before buying if you are not sure especially if Lonny is on code.

#5104 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I think the fiasco they are speaking of was the fact that it was rolled out in August, a few pro's sputtered out the gate about a month later followed by LE's in Dec and the premiums didn't start shipping until after the first of the year, nearly 4 months after announcement. Oh, and they all came with the most rudimentary code Stern has released to date.

Ok I forgot it was so far back in August? That’s before the the nfl season started.

Just looked it was announced September 22 not August but still 16 weeks ago.

1 week later
    #5278 1 year ago

A lot of other pins that would be better to remake starting with GB, Got, Tron, SM etc.

7 months later
    #7414 6 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

Based on your location: Are you also on Pinball Pirate’s waiting list for GZ Premium? I am, and this production schedule is making it look more and more like I’ll only get the damn machine if I eat that $1000 deposit and pay another distributor to ship one to me.

If they don’t refund you just reverse the deposit (assuming on a credit card). There has to be a reasonable time frame for a delivery or you should be able to back out. Although I’m not sure the time limit on a CC purchase to be refunded.

3 weeks later
    #7504 5 months ago

Stern is killing it with all the hot titles they are re-running.

STh
    Elvira
    DP
    Etc.

#7512 5 months ago

Also anyone who bought a EHOH 40th at $20k could be mad but that’s the chance you take.

#7528 5 months ago

Is Maiden done?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.