Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,047 posts
  • 849 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif
    IMG_1022.gif

There are 8,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 161.
    #1 2 years ago

I’m creating this post to discuss what machines are on the line currently at Stern pinball or any delay announcements. Distributors get a list but it’s nice to know what’s on the line now and what’s coming up.

#2 2 years ago

I’m hearing Iron Maiden got pushed back another month. Deadpool hopefully still being made in December.

#3 2 years ago

Godzilla is on the line baby let’s fucking gooooo

#4 2 years ago

I heard from a guy that knows a guy who once used their microwaves to heat up a hot pocket that Sharkies Shootout is being vaulted next.

#5 2 years ago

So, my barbers neighbors brother-in-law got a peek at the line yesterday and, no shit, Big Guns Vault Edition.

#6 2 years ago

I know JP Prems were on the line recently as people in the owners thread have been receiving them. BM66 was scheduled for Aug but got delayed.

#7 2 years ago

From what I’ve seen ship and hear -guardians and more jp now, limited runs of Deadpool and Iron Maiden before the next release. They are announcing the internet capabilities over the next month as Gomez teased awhile back.

#8 2 years ago

I heard from my distributor BM66 was pushed back until Q4 as well as 3-4 other games (not sure what those were), I am on order for BM66 and DP but can change to Godzilla if that looks appealing.

#9 2 years ago

Man the wait for my bm66 is killing me

#10 2 years ago

What about Mando Pro? Was supposed to be last week of August until recently...

#11 2 years ago

Yawn...Still waiting for my Elvira.

#12 2 years ago

Have a BM66 and Elvira HOH on order, waiting patiently. Will probably add the new release pin that is allegedly coming in September if its a good one, which it probably will be.

#13 2 years ago

My "May build" BM66 keeps getting later. There are several low play used machines that I have passed on now within driving distance. This is starting to feel like the cell phone store, where customers who haven't paid a dime move to the front of the line. How about finishing existing orders before making a bunch of unreleased pins (at the time of order) first?

#14 2 years ago

Stern told me about two weeks ago that AIQ premium would be done in about 2 to 3 weeks. So hopefully my premium is on the line

#15 2 years ago

Yeah, waiting on aiq prem as well and I've heard nothing from my distributor. Was supposed to be here end of July. The silence is deafening.

#16 2 years ago

I have a room full of Mods waiting for a home.

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yeah, waiting on aiq prem as well and I've heard nothing from my distributor. Was supposed to be here end of July. The silence is deafening.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

what machines are on the line currently at Stern pinball

according to Gary, their best game.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

according to Gary, their best game.

Remember when that was always Jack's line about the latest Stern offering?

"Indiana Jones is magnificent. I LOVE IT!!! Derek, buy it immediately!"

How times have changed!

#19 2 years ago

Frustrating that I actually have money and want to buy something (have 2 games on order) but there is no supply or what is on supply I don’t want. Also local sale games are not much better. I kid you not there are 6 games listed within 50 miles of me on the market. Three are AIQ (don’t want), one is TMNT (don’t want) one is Tron (want but it’s $21k that’s too rich for me!).

1 week later
    #20 2 years ago

My local distributor told me, that there won't be any new Elvira this year any more. (Usually he knows what he's talking about.)

#21 2 years ago

It may be the availability and supply of parts?

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

It may be the availability and supply of parts?

Stern is using the parts needed for the backorders to make the newest title during the shortages. Seems counter productive but people keep sending them money knowing thier game may take months to be shipped out.

2 months later
    #23 2 years ago

Heard from a distrib yesterday that the last BM66 run is still on schedule for Dec! He had just got an update from Stern.

I assume GZ Prems will be on the line for most of this month.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Heard from a distrib yesterday that the last BM66 run is still on schedule for Dec! He had just got an update from Stern.
    I assume GZ Prems will be on the line for most of this month.

That would be a great Christmas surprise!

#25 2 years ago

I hope Bman 66 is still on for December. I thought with Elvira 40th being announced Batman would be delayed again. Fingers crossed.

#26 2 years ago

Hope some distributors will pop in here with official updates from Stern from time to time.

#27 2 years ago

It would be useful to have a general idea on timelines. I know stern probably doesn't want to put out a list because then when they are delayed people complain but maybe an order list with an estimated amount of time on the line instead of dates which gets updated when a run is finished. Then you could at least see 'oh my Elvira Premium is 5th on the list and each run before it is running for estimated 30 days' or whatever.

I only have space for a couple of machines so I have to do 1 in, 1 out. I've had a Deadpool on order since July, if I'd sold one of mine because I thought it was coming in December I'd only be left with 1 machine for who knows how long (1st world problems I know) Equally I don't want to be caught out with 2 days notice that its coming and no time to sell a machine for space.

Realistically though the list is probably too fluid to do something like this and when something jumps the queue people get upset. Guess whatever they do people will complain lol so there's probably no right answer

#28 2 years ago

Got a notification from my distributor that the Batman 66 is on schedule to be on the line the week of December 6th. Great news if true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#29 2 years ago

I've got Jurassic Park premium on order. Are they still planned for December?

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I am pretty sure all JPs were pushed to 2022.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I’m the JP threads multiple people that had Dec eta’s received theirs this week.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

I am pretty sure all JPs were pushed to 2022.

I literally contacted every single distributor/dealer in the USA this past week that is listed on Stern's site, inquiring about Jurassic Park Pro's and all but 2 of them had any in stock, and all of them said as of now what Stern is telling them is April of 2022. And a lot of them were already sold out of their allotments or had very few left.

I did not however ask about the Premium so that one may be different. But unless Stern is just not telling their distros, it sounds like the Pro's won't be available any time prior to April next year.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Got a notification from my distributor that the Batman 66 is on schedule to be on the line the week of December 6th. Great news if true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I also have been told my BM66 for December no firm date given to me.

#34 2 years ago

I am also in on a Deadpool pro. Timeframe per my distributor has been pushed from Dec to July. Not sure there is a great solution to this problem, but a little more transparency by Stern surely wouldn’t hurt business.

Quoted from NoSkills:

It would be useful to have a general idea on timelines. I know stern probably doesn't want to put out a list because then when they are delayed people complain but maybe an order list with an estimated amount of time on the line instead of dates which gets updated when a run is finished. Then you could at least see 'oh my Elvira Premium is 5th on the list and each run before it is running for estimated 30 days' or whatever.
    I only have space for a couple of machines so I have to do 1 in, 1 out. I've had a Deadpool on order since July, if I'd sold one of mine because I thought it was coming in December I'd only be left with 1 machine for who knows how long (1st world problems I know) Equally I don't want to be caught out with 2 days notice that its coming and no time to sell a machine for space.
    Realistically though the list is probably too fluid to do something like this and when something jumps the queue people get upset. Guess whatever they do people will complain lol so there's probably no right answer

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

I am also in on a Deadpool pro. Timeframe per my distributor has been pushed from Dec to July. Not sure there is a great solution to this problem, but a little more transparency by Stern surely wouldn’t hurt business.

hope that July timeframe isn't true

#36 2 years ago

I was just informed from my distributor that they will be getting non of the #godzilla-premiums they ordered until March 22. Not sure what the delay/problem is.

#37 2 years ago

Worldwide supply chain problems, massive shipping backlogs, chip shortages, rampant inflation?

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

I was just informed from my distributor that they will be getting non of the #godzilla-premiums they ordered until March 22. Not sure what the delay/problem is.

A new release will delay those backorders even more.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Worldwide supply chain problems, massive shipping backlogs, chip shortages, rampant inflation?

What does inflation have to do with it?

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

What does inflation have to do with it?

Maybe not inflation although I could image labour shortage or suppliers jacking up prices that Stern doesn’t want to pay.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Worldwide supply chain problems, massive shipping backlogs, chip shortages, rampant inflation? .

#42 2 years ago

This is nuts man. People are still waiting for day 1 Mandos! It's a shame Stern can't/ won't double the lines to make more games or drop to 2 releases for 1 year to catch up on everything else. What's the point in releasing 4 games a year if you can't make them?

#43 2 years ago

Doubling/increasing manufacturing capacity is usually a very expensive proposition, and requires new equipment, increased warehousing for raw materials storage, etc. It may be limited by whether the manufacturer has the physical space to expand. If not, then you have to buy or lease a new building. Then there is the need to hire and train new qualified employees in an environment where people are not anxious to go out and actually work. Finally, you don't want to expand to satisfy short term needs only to find out a few years later that for one reason or another, demand has dropped and you are now sitting on an investment not making you any money. Expanding is a gamble in many cases, and if they can just push out production and people will still buy, that might be a low risk, good enough solution.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

All preventable 1st worlD problEMs sadly.

1 week later
    #45 2 years ago

Does anyone know what the current lineup for future releases are? I know this from the games I ordered.
    Godzilla Premium - March 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022
    Elvira Premium - December 2022

#46 2 years ago

BM66 December 2021

#47 2 years ago

Anyone know if they are still making Godzilla Pro? Can't find them anywhere. My dealer says they are still expecting some, but other places are quoting Spring 2022.

#48 2 years ago

I just received my premium yesterday. Not sure where the communication breakdown was. But I guess our distributor did receive some stock.

Quoted from JackG:

Does anyone know what the current lineup for future releases are? I know this from the games I ordered.
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022

I know my Mando Prem was pushed to June 2022

#49 2 years ago

So this is what we know from Stern's production line at this time. Does anyone else have any dates?

BM 66 - December 2021
    Stranger Things Pro - December 2021 (Thanks RC)
    Mando Premium - June 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

So this is what we know from Stern's production line at this time. Does anyone else have any dates?
    BM 66 - December 2021
    Mando Premium - June 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022

Stranger Things Pro is December 2021 as well.

There are 8,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.