(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,872 posts
  • 1,052 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.47_32ddc1ac (resized).jpg
IMG_7328 (resized).jpeg
IMPINSPRINGFIX03@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX02@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX01@6 (resized).jpg
20240425_195043 (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 318.
#14901 5 months ago

I had this issue on my Foo Fighters. Are any of your GI lights outs? Mine ended up being a bad connection one of the white GI lights. Some people have found globs of solder in the bottom on their bayonet sockets causing the error, some found it was the bulb itself. I ended up pulling all of the lights from the 214 run and putting them back in one at a time and playing a few games until I found the one that was the problem.

Quoted from Gubbin:

I've seen a few people with this issue but haven't seen a resolution. I have a tech alert. Node board 9 over current. I can go into the test and it clears. Only to return again. This is my 4th modern stern and never really had to do any troubleshooting so I guess I been lucky.

#14902 5 months ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I had this issue on my Foo Fighters. Are any of your GI lights outs? Mine ended up being a bad connection one of the white GI lights. Some people have found globs of solder in the bottom on their bayonet sockets causing the error, some found it was the bulb itself. I ended up pulling all of the lights from the 214 run and putting them back in one at a time and playing a few games until I found the one that was the problem.

While the alert is active. These 3 lamps are out (1 is the spotlight) Looks like maybe 155 if I'm reading this right?

1 under the right ramp, 1 under the plastic that is beside the drop bank and then the spotlight.

Now it's not clearing when I do the test. I'll check on those. Appreciate the feedback.

upperpf (resized).pngupperpf (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14903 5 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

While the alert is active. These 3 lamps are out (1 is the spotlight) Looks like maybe 155 if I'm reading this right?
1 under the right ramp, 1 under the plastic that is beside the drop bank and then the spotlight.
Now it's not clearing when I do the test. I'll check on those. Appreciate the feedback.

Sounds like you have a short. Could just be a bad bulb. Remove them and see if the error persists.

#14904 5 months ago

Yep, you are reading it correctly. Let us know if that fixes it.

Quoted from Gubbin:

Now it's not clearing when I do the test. I'll check on those. Appreciate the feedback.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#14905 5 months ago

For anyone having issues with making the loop off the manual or auto plunge don’t forget the springs. I just upped to orange and it’s making it 10/10 right now.

IMG_3428 (resized).pngIMG_3428 (resized).pngIMG_3429 (resized).pngIMG_3429 (resized).png
#14906 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

For anyone having issues with making the loop off the manual or auto plunge don’t forget the springs. I just upped to orange and it’s making it 10/10 right now

My machine shipped with an orange and as far as i'm aware that's factory for this title.

#14907 5 months ago

I recently updated my iron maiden premium software to the current 1.14 .
When i light a mode and it says shoot the underworld my scoop isn’t raising and I cannot start a mode.
I went to diagnostics and test my scoop it lifts and closes on command .
Also when I drain , the scoop will open for the next ball and i can shoot the scoop and start a mode.

#14908 5 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My machine shipped with an orange and as far as i'm aware that's factory for this title.

Ha ,no kidding. I had a standard in mine. Well,I purchased it 3 years ago from the original owner so maybe he changed it out or the paint wore off but working wonderful now. I’ve gone with stronger springs in other titles to make the skill shots feel more skillful or just because it needed it.

#14909 5 months ago
Quoted from gamble89:

I recently updated my iron maiden premium software to the current 1.14 .
When i light a mode and it says shoot the underworld my scoop isn’t raising and I cannot start a mode.
I went to diagnostics and test my scoop it lifts and closes on command .
Also when I drain , the scoop will open for the next ball and i can shoot the scoop and start a mode.

I have not updated the last 2.I keep pushing off IC for other options .Someday.

#14910 5 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ha ,no kidding. I had a standard in mine. Well,I purchased it 3 years ago from the original owner so maybe he changed it out or the paint wore off but working wonderful now. I’ve gone with stronger springs in other titles to make the skill shots feel more skillful or just because it needed it.

Knowing Stern they will 100% just stick in whatever they have on hand if they run out of the right one for the machine.

#14911 5 months ago

My , iron maiden ramps are leaving a thin residue from the balls traveling up there is it a good idea to clean this or just leave it be until it gets worse??

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14912 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My , iron maiden ramps are leaving a thin residue from the balls traveling up there is it a good idea to clean this or just leave it be until it gets worse??[quoted image]

You could use metal polish; but if you're playing it's going to look played you could get ramp decals.

#14913 5 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

You could use metal polish; but if you're playing it's going to look played you could get ramp decals.

I think the Marco cp11 polish should work right?

#14914 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I think the Marco cp11 polish should work right?

Not 100% sure look through this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metal-cleaner-for-ramps

#14916 5 months ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

New member of the pro club with NIB pin.
I searched the key posts and the forum for this (maybe I'm not searching the correct terms) but is there a fix for jumps off the center ramp that hit the pharaoh plastic above the bullseye instead of hitting the bullseye? I get lots of jumps to the plastic with clean flipper shots which I'm assuming can't be good.
Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help all. Turning down the L flipper has helped to some degree. Leveling was good.

My ramp though seems to have a slight lip to the R edge of it, light from under the ramp can be seen bleeding through on the R side of the ramp greater that the L. It seems to be slightly out of alignment to the R possibly creating this gap. I can't adjust it much by loosening and re-tightening the screws for the ramp, the machining of the countersunk screws prevents this.

Can someone with a pro give me a nice overhead shot and maybe a straight ahead ramp shot so I can compare my ramps positioning vs. yours?

Overall I'm not too worried about it. I plan on buying the plastic pharaoh protector from Mezel anyway but I'd like to see if my hunch is correct.

#14917 5 months ago

Is it possible to backhand the pharaoh target from a trap ? It’s very difficult shot for me from the right flipper I almost have to time it when it hits the fat part of the flipper and goes slightly left …

#14918 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is it possible to backhand the pharaoh target from a trap ? It’s very difficult shot for me from the right flipper I almost have to time it when it hits the fat part of the flipper and goes slightly left …

On my machine that shot is harder to hit from the left flipper. The right makes it no problem but the left would just barely make it up the ramp with enough speed to hit the bullseye. I changed to the precision flippers which has made it pretty easy with either one.

#14919 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

On my machine that shot is harder to hit from the left flipper. The right makes it no problem but the left would just barely make it up the ramp with enough speed to hit the bullseye. I changed to the precision flippers which has made it pretty easy with either one.

Normal game would be opposite this. Left makes it easy. Right should be able to, but barely, from a trap. But then it depends on all sorts of shit. Playfield cleanliness, what rubbers, how dirty your coil sleeves, how F'ed are your coils stops, playfield angle, Etcetcetc

#14920 5 months ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Yep, you are reading it correctly. Let us know if that fixes it.

Quoted from mattosborn:

Sounds like you have a short. Could just be a bad bulb. Remove them and see if the error persists.

I appreciate all the help here. I'm just now getting a little bit of time to dig into this. I didn't realize there are some more lamps on the left side that are also 155. They appear to be out too. When I'm checking these. Do I need to power the machine down for each bulb? Or can I unplug them live , go into the node test and clear it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14921 5 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Normal game would be opposite this. Left makes it easy. Right should be able to, but barely, from a trap. But then it depends on all sorts of shit. Playfield cleanliness, what rubbers, how dirty your coil sleeves, how F'ed are your coils stops, playfield angle, Etcetcetc

Yeah that makes sense usually k just dead bounce and hit it with left flipper

#14922 5 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

+1 to this. And More doable from right when pf is clean. Also I give it a lil forward nudge as it leaves the flipper and that helps.

#14923 5 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Oh yeah I think I've just gotten it mixed up in my head, it's been a while since I played!

#14924 5 months ago

Hey pinheads...
Thought I would share this in this thread.

Here's my custom audio code for IMDN. I replaced all of the songs with songs from other bands. And I created graphics to match the music in the game, and also in the jukebox mode too.

I KNOW some of you will crap your pants and say "it's not an iron maiden anymore!", or "WHY on earth would you replace the music on a music pin??", or "IMDN is the best band in the world you moron!"... My response to all that is.. I really don't care. It's MY game in MY gameroom.

If any of you want to try this on your game, then message me. I don't want ANY money. I did this purely for fun.

Yes, it's on current code (1.14). This is only for the Premium/Le's right now, but I will make a pro version too if some of you want it.

Nick "imagamejunky"

#14925 5 months ago

I'm getting weird ball bounces off center ramp from left flipper half the time. It's like it's hitting the lip of the ramp & bouncing; game is level. Do I need to bend the metal bracket that attaches the ramp?

ramp (resized).jpgramp (resized).jpg
#14926 5 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm getting weird ball bounces off center ramp from left flipper half the time. It's like it's hitting the lip of the ramp & bouncing; game is level. Do I need to bend the metal bracket that attaches the ramp?
[quoted image]

I had to twist the nut on the bottom of that post to stay clear of the ramp resting. It doesn’t look like it is on that picture, but it’s close so watch if it’s sitting up on that during gameplay.

#14927 5 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I appreciate all the help here. I'm just now getting a little bit of time to dig into this. I didn't realize there are some more lamps on the left side that are also 155. They appear to be out too. When I'm checking these. Do I need to power the machine down for each bulb? Or can I unplug them live , go into the node test and clear it. [quoted image]

I found my problem. This lamp socket had a blob of solder bridging the terminals causing a short.

Thanks to OSUBuckeye98 mattosborn for the suggestion. Also to PinMonk for all the help you provided others that helped me find this issue.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14928 5 months ago

A friend came over and scanned his qr in insider connected and now he’s a permanent home member I delete him but it keeps coming back every time I power on the machine….

He played all my games and for reason only o. Iron Maiden he’s a permanent home team guest

Went to Insider online and it only shows my name … annoying to have to remove him every time …

Maybe a last resort de register and re register machine ?

#14929 5 months ago
Quoted from gamble89:

Maybe the pro code was manually installed? Try reinstalling the premium code.

#14930 5 months ago

I'm thinking of picking up an Iron Maiden Premium. Has anyone purchased a machine made in 2023,and does it have the problem of clicking over and over ,when it's first turned on ? Stern hasn't really figured out the problem yet,and I'll probably stay away from a game that was made in 2023,if it has this issue, during start up.

#14931 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm thinking of picking up an Iron Maiden Premium. Has anyone purchased a machine made in 2023,and does it have the problem of clicking over and over ,when it's first turned on ? Stern hasn't really figured out the problem yet,and I'll probably stay away from a game that was made in 2023,if it has this issue, during start up.

Pinmonk seems to have identified the issue and posted a fix. Looks like there are some people with Maiden machines from the recent build that are having this issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-clicking-power-supply-fix

#14932 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

My IMDN Premium is a June 2023 build. Sometimes it clicks 4 or 5 times when I first turn it on and other times it doesn't click at all. If I would have know about the potential problem before, I would still have purchased. Not a deal breaker for me.

#14933 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Mine is June 2023. It doesn't have any kind of weird startup clicking problem

#14934 5 months ago

September build I usually get three clicks. Not a deal breaker from what I understand it’s the cheap capacitors used in power supply very fixable if it gets worse or stops booting.

#14935 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Pinmonk seems to have identified the issue and posted a fix. Looks like there are some people with Maiden machines from the recent build that are having this issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-clicking-power-supply-fix

Thanks I did read that thread.Stern probably doesn't agree with Pinmonk because his fix might cost them .25 cents more.

#14936 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks I did read that thread.Stern probably doesn't agree with Pinmonk because his fix might cost them .25 cents more.

Hence the shit coil stops.

#14937 5 months ago

Thanks everyone for the help. It's time to start reading this thread from day one. I always do this before I purchase a new pin.It really helps to give me an idea about what I should look out for. When I researched my JP,it was a nightmare, because someone thought it was a good idea to have two threads about the same game.

#14938 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks everyone for the help. It's time to start reading this thread from day one. I always do this before I purchase a new pin.It really helps to give me an idea about what I should look out for. When I researched my JP,it was a nightmare, because someone thought it was a good idea to have two threads about the same game.

Welcome to the best club on pinside! This game IS PINBALL!!

#14939 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

July 23 build. Never had any clicking problem.

#14940 5 months ago

Wow !

#14941 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

A friend came over and scanned his qr in insider connected and now he’s a permanent home member I delete him but it keeps coming back every time I power on the machine….
He played all my games and for reason only o. Iron Maiden he’s a permanent home team guest
Went to Insider online and it only shows my name … annoying to have to remove him every time …
Maybe a last resort de register and re register machine ?

Ya, your machine is totally fucked. You best give it to me.

#14944 5 months ago

***SOLD***

45 free shipping message if interested sword will need to be glued on. Tight joints.

IMG_5768 (resized).jpegIMG_5768 (resized).jpegIMG_5769 (resized).jpegIMG_5769 (resized).jpeg

#14945 5 months ago

Run to the Hills triple super jackpot with 3x running, so a 9x super jackpot. I was watching this stream live when it happened, totally crazy.

#14946 5 months ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Thanks for the help all. Turning down the L flipper has helped to some degree. Leveling was good.
My ramp though seems to have a slight lip to the R edge of it, light from under the ramp can be seen bleeding through on the R side of the ramp greater that the L. It seems to be slightly out of alignment to the R possibly creating this gap. I can't adjust it much by loosening and re-tightening the screws for the ramp, the machining of the countersunk screws prevents this.
Can someone with a pro give me a nice overhead shot and maybe a straight ahead ramp shot so I can compare my ramps positioning vs. yours?
Overall I'm not too worried about it. I plan on buying the plastic pharaoh protector from Mezel anyway but I'd like to see if my hunch is correct.

Fixed the ramp. There’s no room for adjustment of the ramp loosening and tightening the ramp screws or metal bracket underneath.

My ramp sat slightly to the right in its location with a slight raised edge/lip to the R front of the ramp. I ended up just bending/twisting the bracket using the ramp in place for leverage. Now the front R sits flat. All shots hit the target.

#14947 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Welcome to the best club on pinside! This game IS PINBALL!!

Preach.

#14948 5 months ago

After playing the pro last friday at the Dutch Pinball Museum i made a decision to get this game back in my collection. I owned it before and i want it back. Currently funds are lacking but i am saving rather quickly to fill the gap and mid 2024 the Premium should be back. It only took 2 games to realise this needs to be back in my house because for me it still is Elwin's best game. I like te gameplay of Godzilla but the theme does absolutely nothing for me. Maiden on the other hand will be stellar next to my GnR. Now the waiting begins but it will be a good wait.

#14949 5 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

After playing the pro last friday at the Dutch Pinball Museum i made a decision to get this game back in my collection. I owned it before and i want it back. Currently funds are lacking but i am saving rather quickly to fill the gap and mid 2024 the Premium should be back. It only took 2 games to realise this needs to be back in my house because for me it still is Elwin's best game. I like te gameplay of Godzilla but the theme does absolutely nothing for me. Maiden on the other hand will be stellar next to my GnR. Now the waiting begins but it will be a good wait.

I've got a great idea how to pass the time...Play Pinball!!!

#14950 5 months ago

Changing it up a little bit.

IMG_6724 (resized).jpegIMG_6724 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,500 (OBO)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Eau Claire, WI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
There are 15,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 318.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/299?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.