(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,631 posts
  • 592 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Birdnest
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,613 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9522AB34-7A9D-46AA-8ADA-32CFB690EB3B (resized).jpeg
71A66B3F-6202-49B7-B7D7-D8162F4A4FF3 (resized).jpeg
20200526_221233 (resized).jpg
6A52B8CF-CAC4-48AC-9297-68DB38183D52 (resized).jpeg
20200522_144244 (resized).jpg
KME and ZY (resized).jpg
BE35E168-10F7-4E50-9A69-646C6498CE5B (resized).jpeg
C33E998F-9E48-46F2-A509-64B4F88A18D6 (resized).jpeg
4F80E67C-7128-4B3F-A7BC-0BA75471AD7E (resized).jpeg
60D96D59-4966-471C-B8C5-4D49DD592A97 (resized).jpeg
8BC0AF6C-7284-4492-ABB7-3A4F9DD5FD1B (resized).jpeg
237955E6-A7F9-4E4B-9A19-A3A71CD75564 (resized).jpeg
6FD8D560-9009-41F0-BF08-F4AFCE1E8E2A (resized).jpeg
20200518_163807 (resized).jpg
20200518_163744 (resized).jpg
20200518_163408 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (2 years ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (10 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (9 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 2 years ago

Quickest LE sell out since AC/DC?

3 weeks later
#352 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's about where I have mine set for pitch and my autolaunch and manual plunger work really well.-I did upgrade the plunger spring to give it a bit more power though.

Anyone kitted a cliffy yet to shooter lane?

It looks like that the KISS protector may fit? Ignore others - just talking about about the flat piece.

a9f1ec9ef3d4b38c9589a2686aa92d0f5f886b19 (resized).jpg

KISS-Complete-2017 (resized).jpg

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Cliffy’s Railguard protectors fits all Stern machines as far as I know. I think Aerosmith came with one from the factory. But IMDN doesn’t?

Talking about the protector that goes under the part where balls are released. This is different on different games but KISS looks a similar cut out pattern?

#417 2 years ago

So, who is collecting all the comics that the game is based on?

IMG_2907 (resized).jpg

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Maybe this is covered somewhere else, but with all the Iron Maiden threads these days it hards to keep track.
Anybody started adding mods to their machine yet?
Seems like there are a lot of possibilities and things you could do with this thing.
Especially so with all the models, McFarlane toys etc that have come out over the years.

I think black mirror blades for this game.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

Eddie has been in place with two zip ties for a week and fits well. Not super into a lot of figures but like how it looks in this case.

I never buy figures/toys for games as just not a fan.

But, this is the best I have seen by a mile and looks like it was made to go there - better than the Stern figures on the LE.

Can you post some clearer pics of exactly where the cable ties go? Buying one for sure!

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

That was the first unexpected thing I noticed after setting up. The 2nd is that awful fan on the power supply.

Maybe do this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#720 2 years ago

Does it have that rainbow effect on the ramps while you play the game?

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know. $60 on a figure is crazy, but when you compare it to some figures out there in the mod market, that's actually not too bad. (at least that's how I justified it!)

And they were like $40 NIB back in 2005 and way better quality than anything else out there.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I have thought the same thing. I would be surprised if they haven't already been playing around with this in the wood shop. They could route a channel right into the sides of the cabinet for the led strips. You wouldn't have to move the strips around if you need to lift the playfield. I could absolutely see Stern or JJP reserving this for their upper models as well. This would in turn piss off JJP standard or Stern Pro customers like myself. It would however preserve more market share for Pinstadium...or all the cabinets would get routed out for the strips and the manufacturers would sell them as a mod for the base models. There are a lot of games in the world up to this point and this should offer tons of potential customers to Pinstadium. They have a great product and fantastic customer service.

Well, if they ended up being put in factory that would save me a ton of money as I certainly wouldn't be a buyer. If people want to make their games even brighter, fine, but don't force it on us

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The fan in mine is really quite loud. It'll just fire off when the game is sitting there too. I think someone has a replacement guide somewhere but I'm not too keen on putting an aftermarket fan in a brand new game that might affect the warranty.

It will affect the warranty.

I will put one in but probably wait until I am out of warranty.

1 week later
#1138 2 years ago

I wasn't aware there is a mode on the LE/Premium that is exclusive i.e not on the pro.

Cool addition for owners.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Was just listening to Head2Head podcast where they interviewed KME and Keith mentioned that the LE/Premium had an exclusive mode "Can I play with Madness" which is the 3rd tomb award. He said they pulled it from the Pro because it relies heavily on the lift ramp/scoop which made it not work well on the Pro. Just wondering for those that have played it how the mode is and how it fits into the overall rules? Is it stackable with other modes/multiballs and does it change overall scoring much? Can you earn Soul Shards, etc. I think this is the first time since Tron LE where the Pro model is actually missing a game mode. Kind of bummed to hear this mode won't be coming to my Pro since it was on the original Stern "Backstage Pass" rule guide and it seems to be the one song that isn't represented in the Pro ruleset. I'll trust Keith though and think that it's probably for the best that they pulled it if it didn't work well with the layout. Still love my game and think it's incredible!

So, how will pro owners get the third tomb award then?

#1223 1 year ago

Started changing out the stock super bright LED's.

Cointaker warm white frosted under the slingshots.

To my eye, it's so much better.

Artwork pops and it just has a much nicer look.

IMG_3114 (resized).jpg
#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Post pics when your done please. Before and after would be nice. I agree the cool white kind of washes areas out a bit..

This pic taken with one done and the other side is factory.

Going to change the bulb above right sling shot as it shines directly into eyes.

Also will add defusers under some of the boards to soften the glare.

Maybe add some colors at back.

Will post pics when done.

IMG_3128 (resized).jpg
#1233 1 year ago

I just prefer the softer look, as stock LED's just wash colors out.

Another example.

I always take the ones out of the back - I wanted to put 5 yellow Cointaker frosted but only had 2!

I know the current trend seems to be make games as bright as the sun, but I much prefer seeing the artwork and more muted colors.

IMG_3131 (resized).jpgIMG_3135 (resized).jpgIMG_3136 (resized).jpgIMG_3137 (resized).jpg
#1251 1 year ago

Fitted the piece of mind figure as recommended here.

It fits like a glove as if it was designed to fit here.

Body and head twist as well so can fiddle around getting best position.

Just 2 cable ties and it's like factory.
IMG_3150 (resized).jpg

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

After months of stalking these threads, as of yesterday, I’m officially in the Club! What a game! Anyone got mirror blades on their pro? Looks tight but I’d really like to add some to brighten it up! Anyone add any spotlights anywhere yet?

At some point going to go with black mirror blades as think they would look pretty cool.

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Just joined the club after buying a show game from Marco Specalties for SFGE. Loving it so far, I'm a fan of Iron Maiden so it would have been silly for me to not end up getting one of these eventually. Might as well be now...
Question for the group, what is the easiest/cheapest way to step up the sound quality a bit, without an external sub? I need to read back through the thread focusing more on sound improvements. It sounds good stock, but seems just a little "tinny" our something. Just looking for a little improvement, I'm not an audiophile. Not sure if just a replacement cab woofer is the way to go, or if the head speakers are needed too/instead for the best bang for your buck.

Thinking maybe this is the answer? Toying with buying a set. Can get 10 inch but not keen on glass rattle.

https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-8-high-output-woofer.html

2 weeks later
#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That picture really shows how much brighter the backbox is on IMDN vs. the other machines...

It is very bright - factory is 100% but you can turn it down as far as you want.

#1502 1 year ago

Put 5 red bulbs in my pro for the 'LE' effect.

Not sure if I like it better or not.

IMG_3413 (resized).jpg
#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Funny.... I took the red out of my LE. I think it looks terrible. I did add spotlights to my slings just like MEtallica and tied them to the string that is turned off during FotD. It gets dark enough and doesn't color wash my plastics.

Going to try something else later - maybe just 4 red bulbs at bottom of p/f - taking the others out.

#1518 1 year ago

Red at the bottom.

Not sure I like it.

Probably go back to warm whites!

IMG_3430 (resized).jpg
#1520 1 year ago

Plastics at bottom are purple. Purple Cointaker - frosted.

It's this or back to warm white.

Or one warm white and one purple!

No more experimentation!
IMG_3431 (resized).jpg

IMG_3432 (resized).jpg
#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Warm + purple looks good.
Have you tried orange in place of red yet? That’s what I keep thinking would be best, some personality without the sharp infrared impact of actual red.

Don't have any orange but would have tried if I did.

Keeping warm white and purple I think.

1 month later
#2110 1 year ago

Have to admit to not being as blown away as some people for this game.

However my opinion changed a lot when I looked up to see I had scored 179m for Hallowed Be Thy Name...... no idea how but blowing up modes like this, is so satisfying.

I think this game has a ton of staying power as presume all the modes can be blown up with the right strategy.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

I respond by saying "show me a game that hits it every time." Its a faulty design. Even when you watch the video of the guys that made it unveiling their game, you see it. You see them hold a flipper up to make sure the shot is successful more often. Doesnt sound like my example is flawed, but all examples are.
I made a similar sort of major modding on Johnny mnemonic years ago. That hand doesnt hold the ball on ANY game i played. So i took the switch out of the hand, and put a transistor onto the game that when the magnet activated, it flipped the switch I removed to satisfy the game's looking for said switch closure. It worked perfect ever since.
Sometimes you need to give a little helping hand in this hobby. This shot is clearly faulty.

I have had issues that needed adjusting.

But, never has a ball hit the upper right flipper.

Certainly doesn't need a lightning flipper there.

It can be a right pain trying to set the game correctly though.

2 weeks later
#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from blimpey:

That topper looks awesome! Do you have any plans to make these available for sale?

And is there a setting for it to stay totally illuminated?

#2340 1 year ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303170534

Nice 5 billion game with the elusive Run to the Hills achieved

Definitely need to be an elite player to do this!

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

I know I have mentioned this before and I am aware it is a known problem, but would be eternally grateful for anyone that can help by summarising how the hell to fix the fact that autoplunger flings the ball into the upper flipper , it rarely goes where I think it should (this is a new pin for me) round the loop and this effects multiball obviously as it ricochets, I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!
Anyone can help with what is the easiest fix for someone with literally no tech ability? lol I just bought the pin to play not to start messing with.
Also how the F are we meant to spend this kind of money and when there is a design fault, there is no real way to get it fixed, the dealer wont likely be able to help , but if this was a car we would have a warranty that would fix a major flaw to the design... thoughts?

Invite a pinhead or two round to play it, give them a beer or two and ask them to fix as anyone used to pins will do it quite easily!

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

does anyone know if/where you can get the 'piece of mind' figure used on the prem?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-eddie-figure-series-1-in-box/183391478101?hash=item2ab2fbe155:g:mmMAAOSwG2dbfEk-

This is the one you want.

Hard to find.

Good price if you can get seller to ship.

1 week later
#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay guys... Got a question for you all.
I've only ever made it to Can I play with Madness mode I think 3-4 times. I believe only a handful of times I got the right amount of tomb rewards and I just sucked and couldn't hit that blasted ramp. So besides the advice of "play better".
I'd like to ask some of you about the tomb rewards and how you get them.
I know by soul shards you can get them. But, honestly this game is drain happy, and the most consistent modes I get them on are Hallowed and Fear of the Dark. I have gotten them 3 times only on Rime. I think you need to get 2 jackpots on Rime. Which means you hit the left shots and open the ramp, and then shoot the ramp. Then you hit the right shots and shoot the underworld ramp. But, maybe I am wrong about the qualifier.
My balls end in double drain a lot and triple... But, also it can be a pain to make the shots some multiballs. I need to practice my cradle skills.
I think only once I ever qualified for the Soul Shard on Aces.
Do you need to down 2 bombers????
Could someone tell me the requirements for the soul shard for Aces.
And lastly what are the qualifiers for Flight of Icarus mode. Don't know those as I suck in that mode.
The easiest reward for me is the trooper super jackpot... I don't get it all the time, but I do get it often enough.
Mummy super. I have not even come close to. That mode is way too hard and needs to be dumbed down.
Loop jackpot collection I seem to be alright at getting.
Now my last question is about the 6 way combo.
What is the best way to achieve that. Could you do left ramp right ramp 3 times and get it? Or do they all have to be unique shots. If so, then I will never ever get a 6 way combo... At least not on purpose.
As is I think my best is right hitting the ramp 4 times and then the left orbit.
And then... I guess I do have one more. If I hit a 6 way combo and collect the reward. Can I hit a 6 way combo again and get another tomb reward... Same would apply for the loop jackpot.
Just really cheeses me off that soul shards are so blooming hard to get. And you can complete a mode and still not get them. As you could drain, or run out of time to collect them.
I know. The best answer is to play better. And I'm trying. Any advice would help.
Thanks.

Just close the outlanes and play a 4 or 5 ball game.

The game will be so much easier, too easy actually.

When it is too easy, go back to factory settings.

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Aces High
Soul Shard goal: Destroy the Ace
Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot any blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber. Second bomber you need to hit the opposite ramp to lock on again.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (On the Pro, not sure if it's different on the Prem)
Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots
Centre shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down from 1M. Shoot centre shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, port (left) shots are lit. Each lit shot moves the cluster of shots towards the centre ramp. Once lit hit to collect port jackpot.
Then starboard (right) lights are lit. Hit shots to move cluster towards centre ramp. Again, hit lit centre ramp to collect starboard jackpot.
Flight of Icarus
Soul Shard goal: Collect at least 20 million
Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc). A 5x combo totals 25mil. (Best use of playfield multiplier IMHO. 2x playfield only requires 4x combo (30mil). 3x playfield only requires a 3x combo (24mil).)
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Soul Shard goal: Break free
Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.
Shoot any one orange arrow
Shoot the captive ball
Shoot another remaining orange arrow
Complete all of the drop targets
Shoot another remaining orange arrow
Shoot the centre ramp
Fear of the Dark
Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips
Four shots are lit with purple arrows.
Completing any one of them lights the spinners
Hit either of the spinners to get back to 'purple mode'
Hit a spinner again
Repeat purple and spinner shot once more.
(After hitting a purple shot, shooting the right ramp (which stays lit purple) doubles the spinner value.
Revive spinner scores double the left orbit spinner.)
Collecting a soul shard lights tomb treasure.
Other ways of lighting the tomb treasure are (in order of difficulty?):
Collect a Loop jackpot
Trooper Jackpot
Mummy Jackpot
Level 3 mystery - AFTER 2 minutes to midnight
Complete No. of the Beast
6 Way Combo
Lvl 2 of each Eddie Card!
You must complete 10 (out of 12) different objectives to light 10 tomb awards and qualify Run to the Hills.
FWIW - I've collected tomb treasures from 9 different objectives, just not all on the same game.
Aces seems to be the hardest of the modes for me, I've only managed it once.

Gonna save this

Am I right in thinking collecting a soul shard lights up the tomb treasure which can then be collected?

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

exactly this, although tomb treasures can't be collected in MBs or modes.

And I can now see why Escher seems to be the only person to have got to RTTH'S?

Even Keith hadn't a month or so back!

1 week later
#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Clairvoyant mod, flickering cool white right now, color changing soon!
[quoted image]

How did you fit the figure?

For $20 this is a great mod!

2 weeks later
#2764 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I also think the GI washes out the artwork on the plastics, so want to change to a warmer white. However...which LEDs are you recommending from cointaker? A lot of options there and I haven't bought LEDs before. Is it the "bright frosted" option (44 or 555?) or some like the brighter retros, or "brightest ultra" or ?

These are the ones I bought - warm white, frosted. Warm white are softer than the bright whites.

https://cointaker.com/products/44-47-premium-frosted

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is one of the most complete, bug-less sterns in a LONG time. Don’t count on too much more being added, nor does it need it.

Gomez said at Expo that another update soon - polish plus bugs.

2 weeks later
#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

Well... it's okay that you're wrong man. Shit happens. I'll meet you in the middle and say maybe it's a difference between pro and premium, but you do NOT have to get soul shards in modes in order to unlock the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasures award shot. Would you like me to make a video of it for you?
To expand further, as to not be a dick, yes: getting shards after a mode DOES light it. I'm saying you don't have to on some and still get them lit.

Think it's you who are wrong! You DO have to get soul shards in the modes....

Aces High

Soul Shard goal: Collect the Super Jackpot

2 ball multi-ball.
Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Increased scoring from better accuracy on bulls-eye shots.
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.

There are two ego awards for Aces High: (1) for most kills – the # of planes you shot down, and (2) highest mode score.

Fear of the Dark (this is the first mode lit in Competition Settings)

Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips

Woohoo! A rip the lit spinner mode!
Four shots are lit with purple arrows. Completing any one of them lights the Spinners for a ton of points for one spinner rip (the REVIVE spinner scores 2x the value displayed). The more difficult the shot, the higher the base spinner value:

Ramps = 250K.
Big loop = 350K.
Mini loop = 500K (and the weak mini loop initial return out through the L orbit does NOT count as your spinner shot. Bravo!)
When you rip a lit spinner, it will unlight after it stops spinning and is no longer available for the lit spinner points (similar to many Classic Stern lit spinner rules). You may get BOTH spinners going during one “rip” – but it’s very difficult to execute! Once your spinner(s) stops spinning, the purple shots relight and the sequence starts over. The mode is completed after your 3rd spinner rip.

After each purple starter shot, you may also choose to shoot the R ramp once to double your next spinner value. This does not automatically double if the right ramp was your first shot; you must shoot it twice to get the doubler.

There are two ego awards for FOTD: (1) for the highest amount of spins in this mode, and (2) highest mode score.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots

Center shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down (quickly!) from 1M. Shoot center shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, one side’s shots (left or right) will be lit at a time. Shoot the lit shots to score your Shot Value (+500K increments) and move the lit shots toward the center, until the Ctr Ramp is lit for a bulls-eye shot. Progress is on a timer, so if you go too long without making another shot, your ship (and your shots) will be blown off course away from center.
Shooting the lit bulls-eye shot will score a jackpot based on the sum of your shot scoring, and multiplied by your accuracy on the bulls-eye. If there are still non-Ctr ramp shots lit, you can continue shooting those to increase the value of your jackpot (the Ctr Ramp arrow won’t “move past” it by over-steering).
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.
There is an ego award for highest Rime MB score.

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Soul Shard goal: Break free

Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.

Shoot any one orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the captive ball (5M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Complete all of the drop targets (10M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the center ramp (10M + Completion Score)
Completion score based on how much time is remaining in the mode when you finish – I believe it’s 1M per second remaining.

There are two ego awards for Hallowed mode: (1) the quickest time the mode is completed, and (2) highest mode score.

Flight of Icarus

Soul Shard goal: Score at least 20 million in mode points

Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc).

There is an ego award for highest Icarus mode score.

#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For me personally, I notice myself getting soul shards when I focus on tasks one a time rather than stacking. i.e. playing hallowed, fear, or Icarus as single ball play rather than stacking them with mummy or trooper multiball. On the flip side, this also helps me achieve the mummy/trooper super jackpots to get their Tomb awards.

That 3-ring target is such an underrated mechanic. It’s used so much in the game and I love looking up at the display to see whether I got a 1x, 2x, 3x soul shard or whatever multiplier award comes from it like the mummy super. hell I got a 6x mummy super the other day and was ecstatic to both see the award displayed and hear a sixtuple call out.
You can tell the designer is the #1 player in the world, we all know that. But what I mean is a lot of focus of the praise on this game is on gameplay and rules; but there’s another element that really gets unnoticed and that is with the games synergy with doubling up shot direction; whether it’s the display + inserts dictating what you need to do to progress, or the display + a call out, or the inserts + a call out, or all 3! And Such good use of the display to show scoring too, hitting key shots and being able to easily see values for those shots at a moments notice. Those are the little things that get missed in most modern pins and why I feel IMDN and Keith + co absolutely hit a grand slam with this title.

Any chance you can explain how you achieve a 6x Mummy SJ?

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Destroyed Trooper with a few killer 3x supers
Even with my crap auto launch
This game is off the chain ![quoted image]

Keep persisting!

I spent another 2 hours messing around with the auto launch and finally found the sweet spot and had 19/20 perfect in test.

Washer didn't work for me - I just had to keep tweaking prongs plus moving the screw until angle was correct.

A right pain!

4 weeks later
#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added some mods in the past few days. I used a pico size rgb LED for the Clairvoyant globe and very fine wiring (normally used for Lego LED lighting). I did consider drilling the arm to hide the wires but there really isn't much room for error to do that so didn't try and risk it. If i can find a good colour match i'm intending to blend the wire into the blue of her cape at the back. I fully intended the globe to be lit all the time and not connected to the globe underneath, the RGB colour sequence wouldn't match anyway. Piece of mind Eddie isn't exactly where i wanted him but he was never going to fit where the original was, just too tall. I'll most likely adjust where the chains attach also as i have some small eye bolts coming which should look far neater.

Unfortunately my camera washed out the colours on the globe but you can spot the colour changes on the Clairvoyants face and upper torso. These pico leds are damn bright for their size!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you fix the clairvoyant to the plastic?

Got one and can't figure how to put it on!

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

aah ok thanks, that definitely makes sense

Mine is 7.1 degrees. Plays great now.

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm still trying to figure out some of the game rules based on the game instructions previously written up but I'm not quite clear on a few game points.
1) When the game says "Shoot the sarcophagus!", what is the exact target? I'm confused if that's the stationary ball above M-U-M-M-Y or hitting the left ramp that loops around.
2) to get one of the tree inserts to light solidly, do you have to complete the mode or just start the mode? It seems that some of the modes it stays solid just for starting the mode, others you have to progress.
3) I'm unclear on the 4 Eddie inserts and what exactly completes them. I know Trooper you start Trooper multiball but I still am unclear about what "completes" this
I wish that Stern would publish a more complete set of rules for games because it's confusing to try to figure these games out at times for completing modes and advancing. I usually try to go for mode completion vs. points when I play.

They did publish a backpass. 10 plus pages.

Can't remember where it is - too big too paste here.

#3296 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pinstadiums are really overkill on Iron Maiden. The playfield is reasonably well lit. Blasting it with light from every angle would ruin the ambience, I think.

People must love looking at zebra stripes

As for the UV - not worth taking risks with people's eyes.

Studies have already shown blue leds can damage the cells in the retina.

The crazy thing is that pinball was never meant to be played in blindingly bright light, ambience adds to the atmosphere.

A combination of light and dark on a playfield adds contrast.

Anyway, each to their own....

1 month later
#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You also can collect like 20 tomb treasures to start "run to the hills". I have about as much a chance of seeing that as I did reaching valinor.

It's 10!

1 week later
#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry I would have to say no here. I have owned IMDN for a month or so now and the lack of different routes on the game are making it a bit stale for me. I also own LOTR and TWD. You aren’t going to get anything like the code in those games with IMDN and it doesn’t look like any further development is coming.

For TWD as too many dead ends, much more variety in IMDN.

#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No that’s not what I am talking about. But that is true as well.
LOTR has 3 multiballs which can be had and can also be completed... these get to the destroy the ring mode or closer to super wizard mode (valinor) if you complete them. Also I can start each one and progress toward them as I want with different shots...
IMDN has trooper (one or two of the same shots to lock) and mummy multiball ( one shot again and again to start) and they are just multiballs for points ... doesn’t have the deeper dive ... can u complete those multiballs and get to something else? I don’t think so.
That’s just one small example but the games codes are completely different in terms of depth and sophistication. IMDN does not have nearly the depth of LOTR... that’s all I am saying for whoever asked the question.
I am a deep code guy. I don’t play for points I play to accomplish and LOTR gives much more to the player in this regard.

Have you defeated the beast and Run to the Hills?

1 week later
#3920 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

For those of you that haven’t seen it yet, Robert Gagno live-streamed his gameplay on IMDN and he got to Run to the Hills and a score of over 3 billion. Enjoy.

I finally know the secret to this game.

I need to sit down and play it

#3939 1 year ago

Robert also held balls on left flipper and still could hit loops with upper left flipper?

Don't seem to be able to do that on my game?

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You just need to adjust the switch stack on your left flipper so there's a delay between the lower and upper flipper engaging/disengaging. So, you make it so the gap between the middle and last switch connection is very small so the first and middle contact stay engaged (and the lower flipper remains energized) while removing pressure from the lower flipper button SLIGHTLY and re-engaging will cause the upper to flip. Even with proper adjustment, it's a skill that requires a lot of practice.

So, if I understand right, you have to adjust the flippers from factory? So, making it easier?

Is this aa common adjustment? First I have heard of it!

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Most of the time no adjustments need to be made. I’ve played over a dozen IMDN’s, mostly pros but at least 1 premium and 2-3 LE’s and flipper staying worked just fine, including my pro version. I also own a NIB Aerosmith Prem and no adjustments were required on that game either.
It doesn’t necessarily make it easier, but it does allow you to hit shots you otherwise can’t make it. It’s an acquired skill that has to be done with precision.
I use this same strategy on my Grand Lizard, White Water, and Demo Man.

Well, I just tried lightly tapping right flipper with 2 trapped balls.

No matter how lightly or hard I tap the upper right flipper does not move?

How on earth does Robert hold 2 balls on right flipper and then hit 5 loops in a row with upper right flipper?

Will ask around as I can't be the only one not able to do this!

#3972 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You don't tap the button. With the button fully pressed in, you have to slowly let it out fractionally until the upper flipper drops. Robert's skill at stage flipping is just nuts. I can do it but not even close to that level.

I have been trying to do this.

It's crazy hard and not even done one!

Robert's control is amazing!

#3985 1 year ago

Wonder if in future updates, they will flesh out the reward/effects for defeating the beast?

1 month later
#4268 1 year ago

Anybody added 2 minutes to midnight figure to replace cyborg flat plastic?

Just toying with the idea. Neca figure. 8 inches.

650h-14924_2minutesto-Midnight (resized).jpg
#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I never used that one but used plenty of the others. I stuck with the more expensive figures that have sculpted clothing (and not cloth).
See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-eddies#post-4819711 .

Nice!

Haven't seen the beast figure for sale though?

#4273 1 year ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I put Trooper back there. Wanted the color and it looks cool.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fits without any chopping off bits?!

#4324 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Update on my warped playfield (sorry it's been a while but I don't read pinside anymore):
11 days ago, Chas told me that he would get me a price on an unpopulated playfield, since they were unwilling to offer me a solution to the warping. Haven't heard from him since, must be hard info to get!
My distro, Nitro pinball, is completely ignoring the issue and will not reply to my e-mails. Great support!
Haven't played a game of pinball in over a month because it makes me sick.
Sold Joker Poker and Twilight Zone, because if I'm not playing, what's the point in owning them?
Quitting my local leagues because pinball isn't fun anymore.
Wish I hadn't booked trips to NYCPC and Pinburgh, because now I don't even want to go but can't back out for fear of letting down my travel buddies.
Still thinking about selling my other 5 games.
The joys of buying NIB Stern! So much fun!

If it is genuinely warped, then it's a clear manufacturing defect.

Don't email your disty - call them and explain issue.

Under law they have to sort you out, as long as it is a day 1 manufacturing issue/fault.

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

That would be awesome customer service, contacted them again, and Stern still isnt willing to stand behind their product in my case.

Unfortunately it is the new normal and is written in terms and conditions.

Warped playfield isn't but what or who caused it? Maybe that is the issue.

#4379 1 year ago

Couldn't find a NECA Cyborg figure so found 2 Minutes to Midnight NECA as that is the other mini-wizard mode.

Fits perfectly with just 2 zip ties and no drilling of figure etc.

I think it looks pretty good and way better than flat plastic Cyborg!
IMG_5141 (resized).jpg

IMG_5142 (resized).jpg
#4381 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The leg looks weird just laying there. Hang it in front of the pharaoh target and make it a piñata the ball can hit on its way to the target.

Eddie is just sitting down and taking a rest

Don't want to chop leg off!

I get what you mean but it looks way better from a player's perspective, while playing game.

1 month later
#4763 11 months ago

Any tips for getting Mummy SJ?

For me hardest to get of the 4 Eddie cards.

#4766 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Rip the upper left spinner. Win. Those turns count as switch hits which qualify the mummy jackpot, so you can qualify the mummy jackpot with one rip if the ball's fast enough, two at most. Then hit the captive ball and repeat. It can be over very quickly since the spinner shot is not hard.

That is going to make it a lot easier - didn't know that!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Another strategy: hit both ramps to add a ball. Cradle two on left one on right. Send right ball into bumpers via the revive spinner. Then smack the orb. Repeat. This helps light revive and gets a lot of switch hits.

Sounds good - not tried this either.

1 week later
#4839 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fast balls sometimes jump off the right ramp.... Anyone else experience that? Quick fix?

Manually move ball down ramp to end.

If it hits one of the crossover pieces at the bottom, it's a manufacturing fault.

I got a replacement.

2 months later
#5393 8 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO [quoted image][quoted image]

How do you get 900m on Cyborg?!!!

I seem to get around 20 million

2 months later
#5705 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Replaced these flimsy pads that Stern put in, with proper cone shaped thicker ones, and on my first game I was right at Number of the Beast. Just had to time out the last 20 seconds of 2M2M!
Sooooooo close![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It is so frustrating how Stern keep cheaping out on parts that do actually matter.

Flipper feel is essential to pinball!

4 weeks later
#5769 5 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

In the past month I picked up both an Iron Maiden Pro and Jurassic Park Premium. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with both now and while they are both amazing games, I have to say I’m having more fun playing the IM. This really surprised me, and I’m trying to figure out why it is.
First of all, I’m not a very good player and JP is pretty brutal when you are missing shots. IM doesn’t seem to have as many tight shots as JP. I’ve gotten much better at hitting the left ramp on IM but the right ramp and both of the half loop ramps on JP still give me fits.
Secondly, I really love the sound package on IM. I am a big Maiden fan but it is more than that. The call outs are just head and shoulders above JP.
I think I also like the variety of modes on IM vs the paddock repetition on JP. There is lots more than that I know (control rooms, CHAOS, TRex, Raptor, pteranodon) but it still feels repetitive, likely because of my mediocre skills and not getting very deep into the game.
Anybody else feel the same way? I fully expect to love JP more as I get better at it, but as of right now I am more inclined to hit the start button on IM than JP.

Agree, the sound package on JP just isn't a classic. It is what it is though as the game itself is superb.

2 weeks later
#5835 5 months ago

Never gets old watching Keith run in Fear of the Dark mode

Classic.

1 month later
#6013 3 months ago

So, what would people say if Run to the Hills was added as a separate game like Keith is doing with JP?

I would like it as no way, like as in ever, will I see RTTH!

#6051 3 months ago

Both have fantastic layouts and code.

For me the sound/call out package is really important for a game in the home.

Maybe put some youtube vids on and just listen to the sound packages.

Not a Maiden fan but the sound package is high intensity and works great for pinball.

JP, for me the call outs and music just don't get my adrenalin flowing and this is the reason I give the nod to Maiden.

1 week later
#6099 3 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Woo hoo Jurassic Park 1.0 released today... does this mean a new IM code release is coming soon?

Keith has made JP amazing with the latest 1.0.

Really hoping he gives us some nice surprises

Maybe tweak ROTAM as it isn't as much fun as the others?

#6134 3 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Does Chaz still work at Stern? Maybe worth sending him a note and posting the response here?

It's not a big job but it is a pain.

Have to remove old mylar - that is the hard bit.

The new metal protector just sticks down.

#6166 3 months ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-february-24th-2020/

Twice as much code in JP!

Of more interest is Keith's comments about mini-games.

Who knows, maybe IMDN will get a mini-game

1 week later
#6224 89 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’m having issues with the ball falling off the left wireform near the bottom after the last little turn. Anyone else have this or have ideas what to use to block that?

You may have a defective ramp.

Roll a ball with your hand and see if it catches on one of the crossovers.

This acts as a jump.

I got a replacement ramp as mine did this and it is a day 1 manufacturing fault.

2 months later
#6543 22 days ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Got this machine not too long ago and have a couple questions. How do you lite the revive? Also when I got the machine I went to update the code figuring that would be an update. Last update was over a year ago. I guess a year-and-a-half at this point. Do you think they will ever update the code again? Does it need anything? Or is it solid the way it is?

100% another update coming, just no idea when.

All I can remember is higher reward for loop shots with small upper flipper.

Hoping for a sweet update.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.95
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside