(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,631 posts
  • 592 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Birdnest
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,613 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9522AB34-7A9D-46AA-8ADA-32CFB690EB3B (resized).jpeg
71A66B3F-6202-49B7-B7D7-D8162F4A4FF3 (resized).jpeg
20200526_221233 (resized).jpg
6A52B8CF-CAC4-48AC-9297-68DB38183D52 (resized).jpeg
20200522_144244 (resized).jpg
KME and ZY (resized).jpg
BE35E168-10F7-4E50-9A69-646C6498CE5B (resized).jpeg
C33E998F-9E48-46F2-A509-64B4F88A18D6 (resized).jpeg
4F80E67C-7128-4B3F-A7BC-0BA75471AD7E (resized).jpeg
60D96D59-4966-471C-B8C5-4D49DD592A97 (resized).jpeg
8BC0AF6C-7284-4492-ABB7-3A4F9DD5FD1B (resized).jpeg
237955E6-A7F9-4E4B-9A19-A3A71CD75564 (resized).jpeg
6FD8D560-9009-41F0-BF08-F4AFCE1E8E2A (resized).jpeg
20200518_163807 (resized).jpg
20200518_163744 (resized).jpg
20200518_163408 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (2 years ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (10 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (9 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Would require drilling a hole in your playfield..... So im hoping no one does it lol.

That's what separates the men from the boys.

1 year later
#4997 10 months ago
Quoted from jlaham24:

Are you flippers centered to the holes on the play field ?

Align the flippers to the inlanes. No droop.

3 months later
#5630 7 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Look at mine….leaning way farther over. The back "foot" where the black plastic pad is located, is flat against the plastic so its leaning due to the shape of the mold...->

Nothing a heat gun can't fix....

2 months later
#5834 5 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I've owned my Maiden for a year plus about 10 days. I havent updated code since unboxing day lol.

??? Why would you not update to the latest code? I don't understand.... Any time new code drops, I can't get installed fast enough.

#5837 5 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

My point was that I installed the latest code over a year ago and there hasnt been an update since. I AM on current code. It's all I've played.

The last update was less than a year ago.... Hence the confusion.

1 month later
#6091 3 months ago
Quoted from Erickong:

remove the rubber and wipe down the metal rod,
Optional to use some epoxy and slide it back on

I had the same problem. I used a little rubber cement to keep the sleeve from sliding up the rod. Has been good since.

#6104 3 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Rtth is significantly harder than Valinor -
Valinor is just about keeping the ball alive long enough as progress is saved throughout MBs and you don't have to complete modes.
Rtth has 'dead ends', meaning if you don't complete a mode and get the SS, to light the TT, you have to go all the way back through all of the modes, 2mtm and then play the mode again and complete it and collect the SS.
I completed Valinor numerous times in the 3 months I owned LotR, I've not got to Rtth in the 18months I've had IMdn. Best is 8 TTs.

Totally agree. I've never owned LOTR, and I've done Valinor twice. I own IMDN, and I've yet to get close to RTTH.

#6107 3 months ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I can only assume (hope) that all you people reaching valinor are playing non-tournament mode games with extra balls turned on.

Yes, of course extra balls are on. Stock game, default settings, on location. I've never made it to any wizard mode without extra balls.

#6110 3 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've achieved Valinor on a machine with no rubbers on outlanes and extra balls turned off.

A true wizard.

#6113 3 months ago

Hey, enough with the Frodo talk.... Up the Irons!!!

1 week later
#6205 3 months ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I designed this mod for my Iron Maiden and wanted to get you guy’s feedback? I used green, but can do it in white, red, blue, and purple as well. Thanks and let me know good or bad.

Why would you design it to be the Illuminati pyramid? That doesn’t make any sense....

#6207 3 months ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Is that what you think it is? Just wow. It is just a pyramid(as pyramids are a part of the theme) and I wanted something light could shine through. It is known as a hieroglyphics eye, not something sinister.

Well, clearly this is something you found (not “designed”), as you don’t know what it is. See the “MDCCLXXVI” at the bottom? This is the pyramid depicted on the back of the US $1 bill, often referred to as the “Illuminati pyramid”.

1 month later
#6424 47 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

It would have to be kinda like the 3D Anubis I did where it's thin so it sits low enough to have plexi over it, but I'm not sure how you'd integrate the ball guide part without ruining the look.

I have an idea for this... just haven't had time to model it yet. Maybe a project for this weekend.

4 weeks later
#6580 18 days ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

So I asked everybody on this thread what are the best mods to get for Iron Maiden. Most people said a subwoofer and a shaker. The subwoofer is huge add on for this! Thank you guys for recommending the sub. However the Shaker is useless. I bought the spike shaker from Stern and it barely shakes. I have it on maximal use and I can barely notice it. Beside a game like my iron man that has a red Tremor and is constantly going through the whole game, Iron Maiden seems to only go if you hit a jackpot. It barely shakes at all even when you do hit a jackpot it's a couple small turns. Very disappointed with the Shaker use in Iron Maiden. Hopefully they update that with a new update

Something is wrong with your shaker.

#6608 13 days ago

I have a built-in sub too, so maybe that adds to the effect.
I love the shaker rumble when the sarcophagus loads. I think there's plenty of integration. Would you want the thing going off all the time? Then it's really not that special....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 18.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Silver Spring, MD
$ 248.85

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside