(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,841 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by John-from-PA
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beergut666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#496 5 years ago

Joined the club last night, it's my first in home pin. Couldn't be happier with my purchase so far! Picture is from last night. GC score is now 431 million. Not exactly sure what a "good" score on this one is yet. Got a huge jackpot in cyborg multiball for around 100m, no idea how but I know I had the 3x multiplier going. I haven't watched or read a full breakdown of the rules yet so I'm just kinda winging it at this point. One game I was one mode away from 2 Minutes To Midnight, and I've only had two Eddies lit one time for Number of the Beast so it's gonna be a while before I get to that one I'd bet.

20180428_135638 (resized).jpg20180428_135638 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#616 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have reached Cyborg, but do not know how I reached it. Same with 2 minutes 2 midnight.
What are the requirements for each?
Marcus

Cyborg is started by completing all of the Power Features (Power Pops, Ramps, etc), then hit the canter ramp shot. 2 Minutes to Midnight is started after lighting all of the modes, spelling Eddie one last time, then hitting the center ramp shot.

1 month later
#1585 5 years ago

I swear these things know when new code is coming. Just put up a new GC on mine this morning with a lot of help coming from a 13 combo Flight of Icarus! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start all over again.

20180705_165951 (resized).jpg20180705_165951 (resized).jpg20180705_170052 (resized).jpg20180705_170052 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1762 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Any advice on completing modes? They are seriously tough, and I feel like because they are so tough I tend to ignore them when trying to score well. So maybe they are too tough.
I feel like I’m making progress in my strategy and scoring. Breaking 300M and finally getting one taste of Cyber MB. But I feel pretty DOA on the modes because of difficulty.
Short timers, hard shots and lots of them.
I can increase the timer I guess. A little bummed that modes are secondary for me.
Pretty much I go for trooper and mummy asap. Focusing on the center safer part of the field. I go for loop jackpots. Especially during ball save since a miss can get the ball going sideways. Also during ball save I go to lite revive ASAP.
But I love modes. In my DILE I can complete any of the modes. In IMDN they seem 10x harder.
Advice? Yah I’m a novice. So there is the fact I suck.

My suggestion would be to spend a few hours and not focus on playing the game, just work on learning the shots and hitting them with consistency. Start a game, and start with the shot you have the hardest time with. Shoot nothing but that shot, and continue doing this until you are hitting it at a percentage that is acceptable. Don't look at the path of the ball, look at where the ball is on the flipper when the shot is made, kind of like a golf shot, keep your eyes on the ball. When you start hitting the shot with accuracy move on to the next shot. Practice isn't exactly the most fun thing to do on a pinball machine, but it will make you a better player.

I play my Iron Maiden with the original factory settings (except I have the replay set to 300M instead of 150M), and the tilt is pretty tight. I like a challenge, and it helps when I go play on location to have a game that is set up similar to the games on route.

1 week later
#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I believe you can change the mode which will be activated by hitting the ORB. Each time you hit the ORB the next mode to start will be changed as indicated by the white light in the middle of the palyfield next to the mode name meaning it's ready to be triggered when you spell EDDIE. However, not sure if ball 3 auto switches to ACES HIGH. Then again, this could all be my imagination.

Left spinner changes the mode.

3 weeks later
#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Where do you find the manufactured date on an Iron Maiden? The date label inside the cabinet is empty on mine. It says "QA Accepted" on March 23 on the bottom of the cabinet, but not sure if that's just for the cabinet, or the machine as a whole.

My pro has a stamp on the back of the cabinet, April 18 2018

1 month later
#2555 5 years ago

After five months of ownership I finally got to battle The Beast! Still having a blast with this pin and don't see myself tiring of it any time soon

20180929_170458 (resized).jpg20180929_170458 (resized).jpg
#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

What is can i play with madness mode? I dont remember seeing that on the rules sheet i was reading.

It's a mode awarded for collecting the third tomb treasure on the Premium/LE models only, the Pro doesn't have that mode.

6 months later
#4409 5 years ago

I finally, after a full year of ownership, defeated the beast. Battled him many times before and always drained out before finishing the mode. Ended up with a 1.5 billion score. Also noteworthy was that I had gotten eight tomb treasures, a personal best, so getting to the final mode is definitely a possibility for me on this game.

20190421_215341 (resized).jpg20190421_215341 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#5388 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He took my address almost 3 weeks ago, and still have nothing. And I'm only 5 hours away from the factory.

I emailed last Friday, got a reply Tuesday, and got my protector yesterday. Maybe reach out again?

1 week later
#5469 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Should I remove the mylar prior to installing the orbit protector? Instructions say "if needed"
Is it needed here? It isn't deep and divoted like I have seen some folks have, but it does have some bumps.
I don't want to chance damage my pf removing it if I don't need to[quoted image]

I removed the mylar on mine. It's pretty easy to do and there was no damage at all to the pf. Give it a good cleaning though, it left a lot of residue and the protector is more narrow than the mylar strip.

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What are the various ways to collect tomb treasures? I usually get 2 or 3. I've never made it past 4.
-Collecting soul shards
-Collecting loop jackpot (does this apply to all loop jackpot completions or just the first one? Hard to keep track)
-Collecting Eddie cards? If so, also lvl 2 cards?

Here are the ways to light a tomb treasure:

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

While I'm asking questions, what are the prerequisites for the add a ball in Mariner and Aces High? I know to hit the clairvoyant orb target for add a ball but I dont know when it's ready and sometimes waste my time shooting for a nothing shot.

The orb needs to be lit for a mystery award in order for an add a ball to be collected. If the orb is not lit when you start the multi ball you will need to hit the drop targets when "Light Orb" is lit at the drops. It's the same for the Aces High multiball.

1 month later
#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Maybe I wasn't asking clearly. My issue is I can't even figure out how to light or collect the SJP for Trooper.
I thought I did it by hitting a few blue shots before, bit now I'm lost.
Read the rule sheet, but still wasn't clear on it. Sounds like you got the drops twice and it's ready to collect, but did that, and nothing.

You have to collect 3 jackpots in order to light the super. The obvious way to collect them is to hit the lit shots, but if you clear the drops during multiball then hit the bullseye target it will collect 1-3 jackpots depending on the accuracy of your shot.

1 week later
#5739 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Joined the Pro club today - bought a HUO Nov 2018 build with great looking clear coat. Looked at another one a month ago that was horrible, so I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find a decent one.
Loving the game so far (3 games in). Have a Pinball Life shaker motor and titan rings ready to install. Think I’m going to leave it pretty stock, other than hooking it up to my Polk sub. May research upgraded back box speakers - they are really crappy sounding.

I'm not really into mods, but I did put the Pin Monk lens tree mod in mine, an absolute must have in my opinion. I see games on location without it and they just don't look right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02139-iron-maiden-lens-tree

1 month later
#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This came up on my game a couple days ago. I haven't seen it in ages (I'm on 1.06 code), was so cool.

You can change how often you see it in the adjustments menu I think.

3 months later
#6402 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone have the part number for this plate?
The one that replaces worn mylar on rear loop/orbit under sarcophagus.
Sent an email to stern and got an immediate response and a warranty order number. I will update if it has a part number.

All I sent them to get mine was the serial number and build date of my game. This was after I'd previously been given a full sheet of mylar, cut out for all areas of the playfield once before when the issue first started with the old mylar bubbling up in the loop.

4 weeks later
#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed In made a great first impression, but overstayed its welcome pretty quickly and was gone within a year if I remember right. It's not a terrible game, but it goes in the "miss" column for JJP on my list. I'd take jjpPirates or WoZ over it any day.

Different strokes. The only JJP I would want in my house would be Dialed in, and I wouldn't take WoZ or Pirates if they were free.

2 months later
#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Has anyone had a bug with Battle the Beast? I believe I got to stage two of the mode so had to hit the bullseye, I couldn't seem to catch a break with ball movement so it took a long time to get control. Eventually I hit the ball up the left ramp and as I was about to shoot for the bullseye as it returned to the left inlane it was like the mode finished - my flippers went dead, the ball drained, and I was done. It than went to player 2.
Lets just say frustration was high!
I also had nearly all Soul Shards, are these supposed to do something for Battle the Beast mode?

If you defeat the Beast you collect the value of your Soul Shards again, they don't do anything in the actual battle.

2 weeks later
#7083 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Hey all - about to pick up my Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) but am trying to figure out if it will fit into a Nissan Armada (rental car).
It looks like the cargo bed height is 36.7 inches (https://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/armada/specs/2020/nissan_armada_nissan-armada_2020/405877)
Will I be able to fit it in with the folded down headbox? Any help would be appreciated!

I've moved Stern pins in my '05 Chevy Equinox, the Armada looks to be a bit bigger so I don't think you should have a problem.

#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

One option is to change your game settings to remove the requirement to relight Eddie for 2MTM. That’s made my game more fun.

To each their own. Personally I like hitting ramp combos, and on this game especially. I had a 13x Icarus that scored near 300 million once. Also, you don't even need to combo to light Eddie letters. Left ramp, pass to the right flipper, left ramp all day.

2 months later
#7472 3 years ago

Saw this at the liquor store today. Has a half liter of Trooper and a glass. The tin is about a 1.5 feet tall, would look good on a shelf in the game room.

IMG-0525 (resized).jpgIMG-0525 (resized).jpg
#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Ok well that makes me feel better. Watched some streams online and see how much better than me they are had me kind of down. My high scores are in the 300-500 range, but just having trouble really putting a game together to get to those harder wizard modes. I think if I can get a little better on the ramp shots, I can light that final Eddie battle and get to 2 minutes to midnight. Cheers mate!
Wish I had a limited to boost my points a little with the Can I Play With Madness wizard mode.

Playfield multipliers before starting modes and multiballs are key to putting up scores. I've had games where I've battled the beast and not come close to some of my high scores. My leader board low score is just over 1 billion, GC is 1.5 bil.

1 month later
#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

How long are home-use owners keeping this bad boy in their collections? Are you feeling like it holds you over long enough, or moving on quickly? Would appreciate any insights as I contemplate a purchase (even if I've only been renting it a few days).
For reference, we currently have MMR, MBR, and GB Pro. MBR likely getting moved in 2021, and not gonna lie I could consider moving GB as well.

I got one of the first one's to come off the line. I just can't bring myself to sell it because I know I'd miss it. I've currently got two friends that try to buy it off of me pretty much every other month. The shots are challenging enough to keep the "just one more game" feeling, modes are fun, the code is deep and well thought out. Every time I get to battle the beast it feels like a major accomplishment. I doubt I will ever play the final mode, Run to the Hills. The most tomb awards I've got in a game is 8, you have to pretty much play a perfect game to get to 10 and I just don't think I am the caliber of player to string it all together. This game however has made me a much better overall player. I can't think of a game right now that I would want in it's place other than GnR LE, but that is double the value of my Maiden pro and not really even available at this point.

1 week later
#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Prem/LE play much differently than the Pro as shots are actually different to start the mummy mode and the orb makes you play better on the Prem/LE. It's not just the underworld ramp that's different.
Having played both extensively, I'd get a Prem if at all possible. Pro is still very good, but the Prem is a better overall experience.

To each their own. Iron Maiden is one of the few titles where I would take the pro over the premium all day.

#7812 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Full/Verify update has deleted all my settings and high scores.

It stated that it would in the first line of the "read me"

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

There is an SD card on the board behind the back glass. You can just pop it out and burn a new image onto it. Burning the image requires third party software on windows; on Linux it is done with "dd". I don't know about mac. There is also a method for using a USB stick to update but that has only worked for me once. The SD card method has worked without fail for me using dd in linux.

I've done dozens of updates via usb and never had an issue.

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Do I still need specific software for this or do I just load the code from Stern on the USB?

Just go to Stern's code page and follow the instructions in the "read me" file

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#8000 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Nothing was removed from aces high videos or match.

Thank you for the amazing update!

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Do you need to complete everything a 2nd time to battle the beast a second time?

Yes. Any Eddie card that is not at level two will need to be qualified to battle the beast again. All level two cards stay lit. If you have all four cards at level two and drain, if you have another ball you get to battle the beast again immediately.

#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I saw them in '87 in Omaha. Do you remember the opening band?

Vinnie Vincent Invasion was the opener. I was there as well. I was 13 years old and my parents let me go with my guitar instructor and his band mates, a bunch of post college aged metal heads. Needless to say I had a very good time!

1 month later
#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

$50 a flipper is high. Crazy.

Have you seen how much toppers that do nothing cost?

2 months later
#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

my location is opening back up.[quoted image]

Great to hear!

2 months later
#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that translite?

2 months later
#9644 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

What is the deal with the ball protector on the back.
I can’t decide if removing it now and replacing with mylar is a better call or just leave it?

I got one of the games out of the very first batch to come off the line. Went through two pieces of mylar before I was sent the upgraded protector and haven’t had an issue since.

1 week later
#9700 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

ok so I have been playing the game for 1 week now and wanted to know what is the general consensus about the difficulty of this game.
I am not by any means any pinball wiz but have been playing consistently for the last 10 months, pretty much daily, I think my game style improved but I can't really measure, all that to put in perspective what I am about to say. lol
How difficult do you guys find this game to be? I am consistently making 400 to 600M scores and although I have not gotten to fighting the devil I am just maybe a few days away from that if I continue playing it like this.
A typical game for me in completing cyborg, getting 2 Eddie cards, etc but I find I am getting to this point pretty organically without much strategy other than stacking maybe trooper MB with a mode (I have not found a better stack yet).
All that to say, I do not find this game very difficult at all, and at this rate I will most likely be finishing the game often.
Outlanes are wide open and pitch is 6.8 and the game plays very fast so I am thinking:
Is this game an easy game?
or is it high scoring?
or what?

Scoring is easy. If you are indeed "finishing" the game any time soon you are an amazing player. To get to the final wizard mode "Run to the Hills" you have to play a pretty much perfect game, and with factory settings it's hard to get all that done in five balls (3 + 2 EB). I've owned the game for three years and have only gotten to 8 Tomb Treasures a handful of times, and I would consider myself a pretty skilled player. Most streams I've watched it takes about an hour of play to complete the game. Getting to "Number of the Beast" is challenging and super fun, but it is nowhere near the end of the code of this pin.

#9767 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Any advice for stopping the ball from coming out of the wire track when you hit a good shot on the right ramp? The ball has started to fly out on the last turn before the inlane and it even hit the glass twice now.
EDIT: I increased the angle of the machine and loosened the nut holding the wireform to the slingshot assembly so a bit of the energy can be dissipated and it seems to have worked.
EDIT 2: Spoke too soon, it's still happening and I had one on the left ramp too. I'm thinking of 3d printing or mounting something to the wire form that the ball will roll through to slow it down just a touch. It seems to go straight into the glass instead of going down the drop before the last bend.

Check your ball guides for underwires that are too high, they may be causing the ball to jump out of the wireform.

2 weeks later
#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

To be fair the design is pretty good and he takes the time to cut the gels and glue them in,so there is some labor involved. a DIY solution wouldn't be too hard but this was so easy to just plug and play I decided it was worth the money. It looks great too, those lights being white doesn't look nearly as good.

It's the only mod I've ever bought, worth every penny to me.

3 weeks later
#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Always a good combo
[quoted image]

Agreed!

C43728DF-1BAB-42AE-8583-107EA1B9BB77 (resized).jpegC43728DF-1BAB-42AE-8583-107EA1B9BB77 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#14945 4 months ago

Run to the Hills triple super jackpot with 3x running, so a 9x super jackpot. I was watching this stream live when it happened, totally crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beergut666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.