(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,453 posts
  • 1,030 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 minutes ago by Hammer3246
  • Topic is favorited by 496 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D42KtaaW4AA9EVz (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_162421727 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240228_061447097 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240225-173818-905 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240223-144254-090 (resized).png
IMG_6700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6696 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240215_155537953 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_155510384 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_162421727 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_151511558 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_151728276 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_152329093 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 310.
#14951 3 months ago

I think I have the smoke trail the way I want. I’ve since added some orange highlights then more black on top. The yellow/orange/red explosion flashers work well. Then I added a white light strip under that I painted brown (thick burning oil) .I have an area the ball is getting stopped at so re working it a bit then Ill post pics (maybe video) when done this weekend.

IMG_3689 (resized).pngIMG_3689 (resized).png
#14952 3 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Run to the Hills triple super jackpot with 3x running, so a 9x super jackpot. I was watching this stream live when it happened, totally crazy.

Ok, that is out of reach for me

#14953 3 months ago

Anyone do the Pharoah's Blinder kit mod? I bought mine from Mezel but couldn't for the life of me figure out what they wanted me to do with the rectangle piece of 3d printed plastic they gave me. "Slide behind this piece" just wasn't clear enough I suppose to tell me what orientation or exactly why. I put in the rest and the eyes light up fine all the same. Wondering wtf this rectangle piece is supposed to diffuse in terms of light transmission to improve the blinder kit. No idea how they expected me to install this piece per the directions.
install box blinder (resized).jpginstall box blinder (resized).jpg

20231130_141710 (resized).jpg20231130_141710 (resized).jpg
#14954 3 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Anyone do the Pharoah's Blinder kit mod? I bought mine from Mezel but couldn't for the life of me figure out what they wanted me to do with the rectangle piece of 3d printed plastic they gave me. "Slide behind this piece" just wasn't clear enough I suppose to tell me what orientation or exactly why. I put in the rest and the eyes light up fine all the same. Wondering wtf this rectangle piece is supposed to diffuse in terms of light transmission to improve the blinder kit. No idea how they expected me to install this piece per the directions.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Plus 1 instructions aren't clear! I did what you did & threw the other 3d printed box in my coin box. Close enough for rock n' roll!

#14955 3 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Plus 1 instructions aren't clear! I did what you did & threw the other 3d printed box in my coin box. Close enough for rock n' roll!

Plus 2. I eventually threw that plastic piece in the trash.

#14956 3 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Plus 2. I eventually threw that plastic piece in the trash.

Well at least I'm not the only one. I don't feel too much like an idiot now . Initially I put in on & it covered the LEDS
1643c4118039915bcd907067dbf95b53 (resized).jpg1643c4118039915bcd907067dbf95b53 (resized).jpg

#14957 3 months ago

Same here. Couldn’t figure it out.
Instructions were terrible!

Quoted from Jagrmaister:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#14958 3 months ago

What do you guys think of the mod other than the plastic piece. Is it worth it? Subtle or significant difference?

#14959 3 months ago

has anyone got a photo of it installed or does it serve no purpose ?

#14960 3 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

has anyone got a photo of it installed or does it serve no purpose ?

The product page has a video that shows before/after for both pieces.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-blinder-kit

#14961 3 months ago

I just cut out a piece of black paper with holes for the eyes.

Instructions and template are here:
https://www.flippers.be/iron_maiden_eddie_pharaoh.html

impharaoh01 (resized).jpgimpharaoh01 (resized).jpg
#14962 3 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

She's arrived, and she's a beauty...
[quoted image]

where did you get here, looks nice

#14963 89 days ago

I recall being just as confused as everyone else with those instructions. I think that part was a shield for some of the leds but I can't remember exactly where it went.
I also wasn't sure what direction the one with the eye cutouts was supposed to go.

#14964 89 days ago
#14965 88 days ago

Running into some issues on my never ending journey of problems with this machine and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Recently ran into the sarcophagus lock issue with the top switch and went through the process to pull out the mechanism and replace the top switch with a roller switch recommended here. Pain in the ass, but seemed to work great when all put back together.

Now I’m running into a new problem (that I’m assuming I created taking it apart) where if a game ends with a ball locked it won’t release the ball anymore until you start a new game and it goes through a ball search. Any ideas what to look for here? What is the game looking at to release that ball when the game ends? Everything is working perfectly fine in game, just this issue now.

Thanks!

#14966 88 days ago

I would be looking at the switch the ball sits on, and I would guess the game doesn't play right either if you're having that issue.

#14967 88 days ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I would be looking at the switch the ball sits on, and I would guess the game doesn't play right either if you're having that issue.

Maybe it’s just an issue with that bottom switch when the motor is in a certain position. I played a bunch of games and it functioning normally in game just not at the end. It’s very strange. Maybe I’ll rip the whole thing out again and replace the bottom switch too. All these issues are just killing me on this game.

#14968 87 days ago

Can someone tell me the correct flip or angle on the right flipper to hit the left loop? I literally just tried to hit it 100 times and maybe hit it once or twice where is the angle on the flipper where you have to hit it from …

Thank you very much. It’s by far the hardest shot in the game. It’s so tight it would be nice if I could hit it one out of 20 times.

#14969 87 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone tell me the correct flip or angle on the right flipper to hit the left loop? I literally just tried to hit it 100 times and maybe hit it once or twice where is the angle on the flipper where you have to hit it from …
Thank you very much. It’s by far the hardest shot in the game. It’s so tight it would be nice if I could hit it one out of 20 times.

edit woops wrong answer.

#14970 86 days ago

So. That plastic piece. Just shove it all the way up and to the back wall with the " printed opening" open towards the LEDs. That offers the best diffusion of light. I had a few minuites so put it in several orientations to figure it out. 3M tape towards the back. Stick up in the crevice they tell you, reach around, and stick it as hard and deep as you can to the back wall. Or throw it away. Makes a small difference only noticeable if you see it then you don't.

Also, about 135 games clocked on the machine. The plunge started nailing the middle post every time instead of going around the left orbit cleanly as it's intended. Took off the plastics on the right side and a minor adjustment to the plunge right entry "wall" by pushing it towards the cabinet and retightening fixed it back to 100% plunge. Game rocks! My GZ has been neglected with this and DP entering the home.

#14971 86 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

So. That plastic piece. Just shove it all the way up and to the back wall with the " printed opening" open towards the LEDs. That offers the best diffusion of light. I had a few minuites so put it in several orientations to figure it out. 3M tape towards the back. Stick up in the crevice they tell you, reach around, and stick it as hard and deep as you can to the back wall. Or throw it away. Makes a small difference only noticeable if you see it then you don't.
Also, about 135 games clocked on the machine. The plunge started nailing the middle post every time instead of going around the left orbit cleanly as it's intended. Took off the plastics on the right side and a minor adjustment to the plunge right entry "wall" by pushing it towards the cabinet and retightening fixed it back to 100% plunge. Game rocks! My GZ has been neglected with this and DP entering the home.

I smoked a cigarette after reading this post…

#14972 83 days ago

Okay, so it's definitely time to take care of the damn orb which is activating for me without hitting it. Now it's at the point where just hitting the left flipper button triggers the orb.

What is the correct way to adjust the spoon mechanism? I tried searching the thread but my results didn't include clear instructions.
Has anyone replaced the entire mechanism by the way? I'm not seeing why the spoon needs to be there really, shouldn't you be able to make that work similar to the tilt bob?

#14973 83 days ago
Quoted from alto:

Okay, so it's definitely time to take care of the damn orb which is activating for me without hitting it. Now it's at the point where just hitting the left flipper button triggers the orb.
What is the correct way to adjust the spoon mechanism? I tried searching the thread but my results didn't include clear instructions.
Has anyone replaced the entire mechanism by the way? I'm not seeing why the spoon needs to be there really, shouldn't you be able to make that work similar to the tilt bob?

Need to adjust the gap of the switch. It’s very finicky. To wide and the spoon won’t trigger it. To small and you’ll get what you have now: phantom triggers. Took me 3-4 adjustments to get it right but once I did I haven’t had to adjust it in a few months.

#14974 83 days ago

Anyone know the part number for the spoon mechanism - orb ?

I think it’s time to “update” mine.
I have one of the early versions.

#14975 83 days ago
Quoted from alto:

While I am by no means an expert, I will share my experience. Buy a leaf switch adjustment tool from pinball life. Cheap and will make fine adjustments much easier than using pliers or your hands. Next, start by losening the switch screws on the bottom of the playfield. use your finger to center the cup on the pin and retighten the screws while holding the cup centered on the pin. Next start adjusting the gap on the leaf switch. This can be very tedious as you need to raise/lower the playfield every time you make an adjustment. You can go into switch test while the playfield is raised with power going to the playfield, but be careful not to short out anything inadvertently. This allows you to manually test the captive ball activation of the switch. Don't just test for a head-on hit, but also side hits. Once you get it adjusted, lower the playfield and go into switch test mode in service menu. hit the playfield with your hand to see if vibration activates the switch. If it does, you need to increase the gap on the leafs. Tricky part is getting it just right to where balls hitting captive ball activate switch, but other things (auto plunge, bumpers, shaker, etc.) don't. Goodluck!

Edit: One last thing....make sure the pin that moves the cup on the leaf switch is secure on the captive ball. Mine kept coming loose and falling off over time (mid game thunk as it hit the bottom of the cab!).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14976 83 days ago
Quoted from k_kush:

While I am by no means an expert, I will share my experience...

This is good information on adjusting the orb mech and switch. Maybe this post or a similar one should be added as a keypost since it seems to be a common problem. Thank you.

#14977 83 days ago

Is there a way to get the target 1/16 closer to the right. I used a splint. Poor stand up target design. It’s much better just my ocd.

IMG_5832 (resized).jpegIMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
#14978 83 days ago
Quoted from MayDave:

This is good information on adjusting the orb mech and switch. Maybe this post or a similar one should be added as a keypost since it seems to be a common problem. Thank you.

Another excellent post about fixing orb issues is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/279#post-7696795

#14979 83 days ago

Shameless plug for the epic game I had last night - great tour of the game

#14980 82 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Is there a way to get the target 1/16 closer to the right. I used a splint. Poor stand up target design. It’s much better just my ocd.
[quoted image]

My target always leans to the left no matter what I do. I have a stern anti lean bracket in there and a 3d printed thing that's supposed to keep it straight and it still leans left every few games.

#14981 82 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

My target always leans to the left no matter what I do. I have a stern anti lean bracket in there and a 3d printed thing that's supposed to keep it straight and it still leans left every few games.

I guess it's just the way it is; I feel sometimes that it just makes it slightly harder to hit it.

#14982 82 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Putting splint in was a PITA I actually had to dremmel off the back plate so it would fit.

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints

Screenshot 2020-05-07 10.30.50 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-07 10.30.50 (resized).png
#14983 82 days ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Shameless plug for the epic game I had last night - great tour of the game

Awesome game! Never seen IMDN with 6 balls going at once

#14984 82 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I installed mine in 2018 so I'm a little fuzzy but I remember being really unclear on what was needed here.
I BELIEVE it was as simple as wedging it into place.
It IS definitely worth installing though. I forget I have it until I play somewhere else and hate how it looks stock.

#14985 81 days ago

I have an opportunity for a latest build NIB.....any issues w the latest build? thanks

#14986 81 days ago

I finally got the mummy card today. I don't know why but that card was/is a real beeeeatch to collect.
Question: let's say I do appx half the stuff needed to do in order to collect the mummy card and then drain. Mummy mb then goes away until I get to do it again by locking another ball and then starting the mummy mb for a second time. Is my previous mummy mb progress saved from the first mummy mb? Or do you have to do everything in one mummy mb session?

#14987 81 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I finally got the mummy card today. I don't know why but that card was/is a real beeeeatch to collect.
Question: let's say I do appx half the stuff needed to do in order to collect the mummy card and then drain. Mummy mb then goes away until I get to do it again by locking another ball and then starting the mummy mb for a second time. Is my previous mummy mb progress saved from the first mummy mb? Or do you have to do everything in one mummy mb session?

Yes, read the rules here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787#heading--mummymb

"MUMMY letter progress toward Mummy SJP is recalled between subsequent Mummy multiballs, but not your switch hit progress within a letter."

#14988 80 days ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I have an opportunity for a latest build NIB.....any issues w the latest build? thanks

My Pro has been great.

#14989 80 days ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

What trim? Premium will very likely need dialing in on the orb targets and tomb trough (ball traps). Other than not not major issues I’m aware of.

#14990 80 days ago

I have a latest run premium and it’s had every problem in the book.
- Auto plunge/manual plunge issues. Had to do a lot of trial and error and swap in a more powerful plunge coil to eventually get this working near 100%
- Lots of tweaking of the newton balls. Once this was dialed in, it’s been solid at least.
- Switch in the trough behind the backboard was trapping balls. Replaced with an magnetic reed switch and it solved that issue 100%
- Switches in the sarcophagus were not registering all of the time and would cause game breaking issues. Had to pull out the whole mechanism and solder in replacement roller switches (both top and bottom) to make it work 100% of the time.

A lot of this is just poor design by Stern that they never bothered to fix over years of making this game. I finally have it working perfectly (for now) but I’ve had to work on this more than any other Stern I own. If you buy a premium, you will have some combination of these issues.

#14991 80 days ago

No problems with a latest run Pro so far.

#14992 80 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

- Auto plunge/manual plunge issues. Had to do a lot of trial and error and swap in a more powerful plunge coil to eventually get this working near 100%
- Lots of tweaking of the newton balls. Once this was dialed in, it’s been solid at least.
- Switch in the trough behind the backboard was trapping balls. Replaced with an magnetic reed switch and it solved that issue 100%
- Switches in the sarcophagus were not registering all of the time and would cause game breaking issues. Had to pull out the whole mechanism and solder in replacement roller switches (both top and bottom) to make it work 100% of the time.
A lot of this is just poor design by Stern that they never bothered to fix over years of making this game. I finally have it working perfectly (for now) but I’ve had to work on this more than any other Stern I own. If you buy a premium, you will have some combination of these issues.

WOW

#14993 80 days ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Jun 2023 IM Premium owner here and I've had minimal problems. I did need to tweak the shooter lane guide to get the launch to go around the outer loop 100% of the time, but was pretty easy. Hardest part was removing plastics above it before making the adjustment. Also, the metal pin that connects to the Sarcophagus captive ball, kept coming unscrewed and falling to the bottom of the cabinet, necessitating reattachment and regapping of the leaf switch. This can be a pain, but once set correctly is good to go (unless it get's knocked out again). I ended up using thread lock on the pin to keep it from backing out again. Otherwise, I'm approaching 1000 fun-filled, trouble-free games. The issues above really haven't been that big of a deal and I've learned a lot about tweaking the machine (my first pinball). Goodluck!

#14994 80 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Quoted from k_kush:

Jun 2023 IM Premium owner here and I've had minimal problems. I did need to tweak the shooter lane guide to get the launch to go around the outer loop 100% of the time, but was pretty easy. Hardest part was removing plastics above it before making the adjustment. Also, the metal pin that connects to the Sarcophagus captive ball, kept coming unscrewed and falling to the bottom of the cabinet, necessitating reattachment and regapping of the leaf switch. This can be a pain, but once set correctly is good to go (unless it get's knocked out again). I ended up using thread lock on the pin to keep it from backing out again. Otherwise, I'm approaching 1000 fun-filled, trouble-free games. The issues above really haven't been that big of a deal and I've learned a lot about tweaking the machine (my first pinball). Goodluck!

I ending up doing all of this to mine (NIB going on 3yrs old now). The only problem that crops up now and then is the auto plunge but that doesn't require adjustment, just a clean/wax of the playfield and its good to go.

#14995 80 days ago

Just joined the club with a new Iron Maiden Premium and having a blast!

Does anyone know why Lior's sculpted back panel won't fit on 2023 machines? That's what it states on the Little Shop of Games website...I've reached out to Lior but haven't heard anything back yet and was wondering if someone here in the club knows.

#14996 80 days ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

2023 pro run
Had a GI/node 9 issue related to a blob of solder on a lamp socket. Similar issue with the switch in the back orbit catching balls. Also still dicking with the auto plunge cleanly making the normal path around the left orbit/loop. The latter 2 issues I think are fairly common and wouldn't deter me from a new run. Just normal tweaking imo.

#14997 80 days ago

Found this old school turntable that I thought would be cool in the game.

IMG_4846 (resized).jpegIMG_4846 (resized).jpeg
#14998 80 days ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Just joined the club with a new Iron Maiden Premium and having a blast!
Does anyone know why Lior's sculpted back panel won't fit on 2023 machines? That's what it states on the Little Shop of Games website...I've reached out to Lior but haven't heard anything back yet and was wondering if someone here in the club knows.

Welcome! I have a 2023 premium and bought liors kit, and may have been the canary to reveal the difference in the new build. I forget specifically, but iirc the backboard is shifted like a cm forward. I was able to get the backboard kit installed but it took a lot of elbow grease to work through significant issues with the sarcophagus open/close. Ultimately it rubbed off some of the paint, but Lior was amazing enough to send replacements and help me as much as he could.

So, it is possible, but just be ready to swear a bit. mine works mostly fine now, the ball weirdly hits a metal corner right at the entrance to the tomb at the top of the ramp, which slows it down, but it always still proceeds into the hidden area.

#14999 79 days ago

Last big mod for my IM Premium arrived today (other than getting a topper)! Been looking forward to this one for a while. Such a great mod from Sergio!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#15000 79 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

Welcome! I have a 2023 premium and bought liors kit, and may have been the canary to reveal the difference in the new build. I forget specifically, but iirc the backboard is shifted like a cm forward. I was able to get the backboard kit installed but it took a lot of elbow grease to work through significant issues with the sarcophagus open/close. Ultimately it rubbed off some of the paint, but Lior was amazing enough to send replacements and help me as much as he could.
So, it is possible, but just be ready to swear a bit. mine works mostly fine now, the ball weirdly hits a metal corner right at the entrance to the tomb at the top of the ramp, which slows it down, but it always still proceeds into the hidden area.

Thank you! I'm going to try to make it work. Let the swearing commence!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 15,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.