(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cybevenom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6755 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

...and Doug’s customer service is second to none!
I was looking for something very specific and Doug spent the time discussing my options with me and ultimately found what I wanted.
I placed another order yesterday.

Awaiting my speakerlights kit from Doug to appear. Think it is hanging in customs. No worries though. My Iron Maiden is gonna be ordered in 2 weeks so it should be here before i get the machine. They will be installed before i start my first match when i set it up. Gonna enjoy the hell out of this machine.

#6794 3 years ago

Well i finally pulled the trigger. Order my NIB Iron Maiden Premium. Gonna pick it up in Germany at Pinball Universe next week. No risks taken. Playfield protecter installed straight out of the box. Guess i am the newest member of this fine establishment.

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Nothing says "road trip" like a good 2-3 mile drive.

2-3 miles is not gonna cut it for me. Driving this friday 300 kilometers to fetch my premium NIB from Germany and then 300 kilometer back to the Netherlands.
Worth it!!!!!

4 weeks later
#7121 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lighted speaker panels FTW! Just did IMDN to complete the row. [quoted image]

Gotta agree here. Got mine before the game even entered my house. Never played without them. Love this mod
20200711_152422 (resized).jpg20200711_152422 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#7193 3 years ago

Jack Danger shared it on his facebook earlier this week.
Looks handy. Just do not use it to long or cook your coils.

3 weeks later
#7287 3 years ago

2 months owner of this gem of a game and finally got to battle the beast for a first time, failed off course but my time will come. Also did not beat my GC. Still nice to finally progress to this stage of the game.
Hunting for more battles now i got a taste of the mode.

20200912_164147 (resized).jpg20200912_164147 (resized).jpg20200912_164756 (resized).jpg20200912_164756 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7345 3 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Just got my NIB Iron Maiden pro and love it!
Looking for Mummy Fist side Rails if anyone knows of any it's appreciated [quoted image]

I do believe pu-parts.com have the side rails on stock. They are located in Germany is must add.

2 months later
#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Can you revert back to old code after installing newer code? I assume the new code will be great, but I think IM is a nearly perfect game as it is and I would hate to update only to find that I liked it better with 1.06.

I think you can always stick a new sd card in it now and do a full re-install if you download version 1.06 and keep that sd card aside and switch it out if 1.07 is not to your liking.

1 year later
#11891 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hey guys I haven’t received any responses to my last post and could use some help. The Guardian left ramp diverter on my Premium keeps jamming (sometimes on way up, sometimes on way down). I am worried the coil will fry soon. I have examined the mech closely and done gently bent the metal with pliers a bit to avoid metal on metal friction but the problem persists. any advice? was wondering if some WD40 might do the trick but have never used it in a machine. Thanks!

I had the same issue on my Premium when i had it. Easy fix. behind the backboard of the playfield it will hangup metal on metal when it moves. The fix is to put some lubricant/grease on it where it will touch. Never had it occur after i did that.

#11896 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The super lube worked like a charm! Smooth as butta! Now need to explain to my wife why I needed to same day rush order something called super lube

Glad to hear it is fixed for you. Enjoy your super game. I still miss mine but my JJP GnR is keeping me happy as well.

#11912 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So funny I just traded my JJP GNR for my IMDN Prem!

i had to sell my 2 month old IMDN premium to afford the GNR LE. Now i have a one of a kind GNR LE since Slash, Axl and Duff signed it a few months ago at a concert. Slash also signed the upperplayfield where the whole design team has signed it as well
I miss my Maiden but it will be back someday.

20220624_193831 (resized).jpg20220624_193831 (resized).jpg20220624_203246 (resized).jpg20220624_203246 (resized).jpg20220624_203254 (resized).jpg20220624_203254 (resized).jpg
#11914 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Too bad those signatures can't improve gameplay.

Nothing wrong with its gameplay if you know HOW to play it.

2 weeks later
#11970 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

biggest mistake of your life.

Nope. I love my GnR. Especially now its the only one in the world physically signed by Slash, Duff and Axl at the concert here in the Netherlands. This game ain't never leaving. I will pick up another Maiden in the future.

#11971 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

biggest mistake of your life.

NOPE. Loving my GnR.

1 year later
#14948 4 months ago

After playing the pro last friday at the Dutch Pinball Museum i made a decision to get this game back in my collection. I owned it before and i want it back. Currently funds are lacking but i am saving rather quickly to fill the gap and mid 2024 the Premium should be back. It only took 2 games to realise this needs to be back in my house because for me it still is Elwin's best game. I like te gameplay of Godzilla but the theme does absolutely nothing for me. Maiden on the other hand will be stellar next to my GnR. Now the waiting begins but it will be a good wait.

1 month later
#15236 3 months ago
Quoted from 6point5:

Oh snap! Just saw the Egyptian backbone that Lior did!
I see it's sold out but was originally about $1000.
Anyone want to sell? What would this combo go for today?

the egyptian backboard is what you meant i think. Ministry of pinball still have one available i believe it says on their website. I wanted to get one for my self but my game is a post 2023 version and it is not compatible with it because stern changed something in the backboard since 2023 build games.

1 month later
#15426 62 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Hitting that super jackpot shot though... Not always the easiest!

especially if you need it and try to aim for it. My experience is that i hit it more by accident while trying to keep my balls in play on the lower part of the playfield and i hit it by chance because one ball is at the right place on the flipperbat up there at the right time.

1 week later
#15459 55 days ago
Quoted from AWDSOME:

I played pinball in the late 80's and early 90's but then forgot about it for a long time.
In October 2023 I was in Las Vegas with a little bit of time to kill and I stumbled across the Pinball Hall of Fame[quoted image]
The first game I played was an Iron Maiden Pro followed by Metallica, Star Wars and Godzilla.
When I got back from Las Vegas I started playing in a local arcade. After 4 trips to the arcade I wondered if I could rent a machine for my house and ended up renting a Godzilla Premium from Utah Pinball for 2 months (they were great to help me get started into pinball). During this time I discovered Pinside. I decided I wanted to own a NIB machine for my first pin. I started reading this thread in December and just finished every page this week. I knew I wanted an IM NIB before they all disappeared.
This is my gateway pin. [quoted image]
It was delivered on New Years day and I can't get enough of playing it.
I kept is stock for couple of weeks and then added Cliffy's to it right as the metal orbit protector was starting to curl up. Since then I have added a few more mods all for more playing enjoyment. [quoted image]
I'm very impressed with Pin Monks lenses and fan kits. My longer play sessions are much better trying to get soul shards and hitting bombers in Aces High.
Now I need to get better at playing it. My GC score is only 326 million and I need to start learning some more flipper skills as my play it as it comes strategy will only take me so far.
I have Checo's full color Anubis on order, just waiting for it to come in.
Future mods will be some art blades and a full precision flipper kit with Halo flippers.

You picked one hell of a game to get started in owning pinball machines. It still is one of the best Stern's to this this date. Welcome to the club.

#15461 54 days ago
Quoted from 6point5:

Totally agreed!
I owned one in the past and let it go to make room for something new coming in. Years later, I played at an arcade and it was a reminder of how special the game is.
A few weeks later, I had an LE, and it ain't going anywhere!

recognizable. I had it for 2 months and then GnR came out and i wanted that like no tomorrow. That one ain't ever leaving after what happened with that game but Maiden LE is coming back in a few months and it will be bolted right next to my GnR.

1 week later
#15523 45 days ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hey guys! Been a while, and I was supposed to have had an update on this about a month ago. This is where I'm at right now on a visual progress. Mechanical and electronic not much to show since its been a little bit of testing here and there.
Walls now have texture. I just painted it gray for now before deciding how much more I need to change. If I use these prototypes for future adjustments, I'll add the black wash, highlights and other weathering to the wall surface. You can see on that second photo my first prototype wall next to the current one. Right now on the immediate docket over the next few weeks:
1. Figure out how/where to get the acrylic windows printed like the normal acrylics found in the games.
2. Add a few more minor cathedral features to elevate the scene look. Things like wall torches, chains, and a couple of other things to visually test.
3. Game integration and lighting effects. I dont feel like learning this kinda from scratch, so gonna lurk around and message folks that have experience with this that would be willing to partner up and do the light show aspect. And its not that I dont want to, but to get the project closer to fruition I'll use this learning experience for future mods and have a deeper dive into the coding aspect later.
In the end, i'll offer both a normal light show static topper and one that the Beast has his head moving. Would be a good opportunity to light up his eyes as well. I did find a good cheap toy that has some mechanical features I'm dissecting to use its head rotation into this one. I'll find out this month. I do have more time now to experiment, so progress should be picking up.
Ok, that was long winded in detail. But also posting here the other slow moving project for the game. It will be a little more than just the backboard. Will stretch out into the ramps. More details later in the spring =)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats sick. How cool would it be to have the 4 windows light up like the 4 cards you have to collect to battle the beast if thats possible at all. This thing is gonna be of the chain.

#15547 40 days ago
Quoted from Shivers:

So I'm in for a premium, but is it just me or does the aces high stern topper look out of place on a premium?

For me it does. Don't get why Stern is not making the Mummy topper as well. Loads of people are looking for it.

#15602 34 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It’s a bad photo but I finally got my Premium figures installed in my pro.
Up the Iron!
[quoted image]

no such thing as a bad photo of this game. Its a stunner.

1 week later
#15667 24 days ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

A nice shout out to John Bergeron for this super sweet IM shooter rod!
Well made, great packaging. And didn’t force me into Venmo. I sent him cash, he sent me the mod.
[quoted image]

Thats lookin badass. Unrelated to this shooter rod. A little thing i noticed on the picture next in front of your right flipperbutton there seems to be a bit of yellow decal sticking out. I would try to fix that before it causes more damage on your decal which would be a shame.

1 week later
#15746 14 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

[quoted image]I normally don't add a lot of mods,but I just had to add The Clairvoyant to my IMDN. It looks really nice and it's well made. I did have to remove the clairvoyant that came with my game when I bought it. I think it would have been too much having two Clairvoyants in the same area.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah Cheko's clairvoyant is brilliant. I allready contacted him when his next run is gonna be. That one is going into my maiden after it arrives next month. I wanted to get his Anubis as well but i got an art of pinball backboard mod which allready includes it. like yours 2 Anubis's might be overkill.

1 week later
#15828 4 days ago

So today i picked up this little kit to install in my Iron Maiden premium. Went to pick it up because i'm pretty sure it is the last one available anywhere and did not want it get lost due to some parcel service screw up. Can't wait to get my game and install it. (Note: It is going into a 2021 game) Can't wait to be officially back in the club.

20240420_170609 (resized).jpg20240420_170609 (resized).jpg20240420_170649 (resized).jpg20240420_170649 (resized).jpg20240420_171019 (resized).jpg20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
#15830 4 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s Liors set. He’s a very popular artist in pinball modding.

Oh i know Lior's work all to well. I got plenty of his mods on my GnR. Stunning and expensive but so worth it.

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
#15837 2 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I do like those instruction cards, but i'd have to remove my wizapron and I dislike the red IC triangle
Does anyone who either did an insider connect upgrade or bought a prem/LE plastics set and willing to part with the right apron plastic from it?
I am a bit confused why they didn't include it with my NIB game. So many extra plastics. I assume this was part of the big sheet those were cut from. I doubt they redesigned the plastics set to omit it?
[quoted image]

i hate those red triangles as well. Its why i got creative with a vinyl cutter plotter for various machines. These are what i made for Iron Maiden Premium. Still not sure which i am gonna use but most likely i will move the Insider connected scanner to my door into the bill acceptor plate because i wanna keep the artplate intact in my apron.
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cybevenom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.