IMG_3727 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9432 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9893 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,682 posts in this topic. You are on page 452 of 454.
#22551 22 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

List only just shy of 600, but many people never even respond or sold their game in that time, so it doesn't represent actual numbers (been going down lists after 48 hours as I stopped chasing people to get lists filled in time and learn the Prem/Pro split ahead of paint when necessary--can get back anytime...backfired a bit last run as nearly everyone that disappeared came back later and got the run oversold at the worst time [when I lost help]).
Presume I'll close the list before the end of the year, but that's always hard when deep in production (incites PM drama).
Otherwise, as it seems it was able to be squeezed against the large style of Pinstadium (user pic in the mod thread, but clearly against it), I'm optimistic the thinnest style may fit. I presume they have to be removed to lift the playfield (no experience with PS myself), but if not, I'd advise to pay close attention to the upper tank platform not catching (designed it to not be able to hit the armor on my game with the playfield at a hard angle when lowering, but an earlier prototype was a problem there, so it's low clearance in that regard).

Thank you for this! I am in if I am lucky enough to get the PM from you all to send the payment and lock in my position!

#22552 22 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

List only just shy of 600, but many people never even respond or sold their game in that time, so it doesn't represent actual numbers (been going down lists after 48 hours as I stopped chasing people to get lists filled in time and learn the Prem/Pro split ahead of paint when necessary--can get back anytime...backfired a bit last run as nearly everyone that disappeared came back later and got the run oversold at the worst time [when I lost help]).
Presume I'll close the list before the end of the year, but that's always hard when deep in production (incites PM drama).
Otherwise, as it seems it was able to be squeezed against the large style of Pinstadium (user pic in the mod thread, but clearly against it), I'm optimistic the thinnest style may fit. I presume they have to be removed to lift the playfield (no experience with PS myself), but if not, I'd advise to pay close attention to the upper tank platform not catching (designed it to not be able to hit the armor on my game with the playfield at a hard angle when lowering, but an earlier prototype was a problem there, so it's low clearance in that regard).

Pinstadiums are a little bit made to order which means Scott could probably make the Stranger Things version which compliments the UV kit a little shorter if enough people started requesting them. Just a guess though.
https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-stern_stranger_things/

#22553 22 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Pinstadiums are a little bit made to order which means Scott could probably make the Stranger Things version which compliments the UV kit a little shorter if enough people started requesting them. Just a guess though.

Quoted from kciaccio:

I would do that as I could repurpose or sell the ones I have in it now. Worth it as this mod is a gamechanger for me with this pin!

#22554 22 days ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I would do that as I could repurpose or sell the ones I have in it now. Worth it as this mod is a gamechanger for me with this pin!

I just sent Scott an email about.

#22555 22 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I just sent Scott an email about.

I will text him the same now!

#22556 22 days ago

He e-mailed back asking what size we need.

#22557 22 days ago

Okay OG Stranger Things LE owner here.

I’m probably 5,000 posts behind on this thread. I have looked through the photos. Bunch of funny memes, some glow band photos, projector screen materials, and adjustments.

Is there anything significant I have missed since the re-release?

For the newer owners here… this pin is #1 on my list and will NEVER leave my collection.

Happy flipping everyone.

#22558 21 days ago

Put a premium apron on my pro and needing to know how to light up the plastics. Any "how to instructions" anywhere or what parts I would need?

#22559 21 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Put a premium apron on my pro and needing to know how to light up the plastics. Any "how to instructions" anywhere or what parts I would need?

I believe Lermods is selling a kit…

#22560 21 days ago

I sent pics with measurements.

#22561 21 days ago

Looking for a Sth premium

Chicago area

If anyone knows of any

#22562 20 days ago

The pinstadiums that were made specifically for the game do make contact with the Deprivation tank so you have two options as of now. Cut the light bar short or do what I did and carefully remove the tank and move it over. You’ll have to enlarge the hole for the wiring to pass through but there’s plenty of room to do it.

IMG_7827 (resized).jpegIMG_7827 (resized).jpeg
#22563 20 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I sent pics with measurements.

Fantastic!!!!

#22564 20 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The LERMods kit is great and super easy to install. I did that on mine.

IMG_0121 (resized).jpgIMG_0121 (resized).jpg
#22565 20 days ago

This is probably a really stupid question but is Stranger Things Pro supposed to have a handle on the back of the playfield for lifting purposes? My Jaws/JP Prem have one.

#22566 20 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

This is probably a really stupid question but is Stranger Things Pro supposed to have a handle on the back of the playfield for lifting purposes? My Jaws/JP Prem have one.

My Premium does not either. I think it might be designer specific whether it’s included or not?

#22567 20 days ago

Nope, that’s a new add on from Stern

#22568 20 days ago

My jp had one

#22569 20 days ago

#22570 20 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

My Premium does not either. I think it might be designer specific whether it’s included or not?

Okay thanks haha. I thought I was going crazy when I saw Zach's Medisinyl Mods installation. Maybe it was just on LE machines or it's something he added.

#22571 19 days ago

Okay thanks haha. I thought I was going crazy when I saw Zach's Medisinyl Mods installation. Maybe it was just on LE machines or it's something he added.

They should have the handle. Just ask stern to send you one. Maybe they forgot to install it.

#22572 19 days ago
Quoted from Chris25810:

The pinstadiums that were made specifically for the game do make contact with the Deprivation tank so you have two options as of now. Cut the light bar short or do what I did and carefully remove the tank and move it over. You’ll have to enlarge the hole for the wiring to pass through but there’s plenty of room to do it.
[quoted image]

Thank you for share this as this is 100% what I will do If i am able to lock this mod down! Solid Solution!

#22573 19 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They should have the handle

I've read another theory that the handle is there not to be a handle for lifting, rather hardware to protect mechanisms or ramps that extend behind the backboard. STh has the TK lock stuff, TMNT has a ramps that loops back behind the backboard, etc. whatever the true purpose is, I tend to be judicious and careful about using the handle to lift the pf.

#22574 19 days ago

Yep. Makes sense to me. I do wish they had them on all games. It helps put the playfield back on the track instead of just pushing it back there hard from the front.

#22575 19 days ago

An issue has come up on my premium.

TK lock catches ball one no problem. Ball two however gets locked and then the game doesn't have any clue that it's there. The second ball does seem to kinda just limply dangle off the bottom of the first ball. Ball search kicks in and it has no clue where the ball is and the finally comes up with the "searching for balls" message and then ends the ball. I'd think maybe it's an opto issue, but then why does it have no problem with the first ball?

For the time being I'll just set the TK lock to maximum one ball so I can still get the effect on at least one ball. Hoping there's a solution though so I can get two balls locked there (I have long since set the TK lock to two balls max as the effort to get three balls locked for a second before multiball wasn't worth the tweaking and aggravation).

Any help or advice is appreciated.

#22576 19 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Ball two however gets locked and then the game doesn't have any clue that it's there.

There are optos on the backboard that are aimed from side to side for detecting locked balls.

SW67 BACKPANNEL LOCK TOP
SW68 BACKPANNEL LOCK BOTTOM

You could test its operation in diagnostics/switch test. Sounds like SW68 has an issue.

That backboard shakes pretty hard when the coils retract the locking magnet. Maybe a wire fell off the opto or the switch assy came loose.

#22577 19 days ago

FWIW, my Dec 2023 Premium has it.

IMG_1856 (resized).jpegIMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
#22578 19 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

FWIW, my Dec 2023 Premium has it.
[quoted image]

Mine does as well, also December, 2023 build.

#22579 19 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

An issue has come up on my premium.
TK lock catches ball one no problem. Ball two however gets locked and then the game doesn't have any clue that it's there. The second ball does seem to kinda just limply dangle off the bottom of the first ball. Ball search kicks in and it has no clue where the ball is and the finally comes up with the "searching for balls" message and then ends the ball. I'd think maybe it's an opto issue, but then why does it have no problem with the first ball?
For the time being I'll just set the TK lock to maximum one ball so I can still get the effect on at least one ball. Hoping there's a solution though so I can get two balls locked there (I have long since set the TK lock to two balls max as the effort to get three balls locked for a second before multiball wasn't worth the tweaking and aggravation).
Any help or advice is appreciated.

the opto might not be triggering correctly?

#22580 19 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Mine does as well, also December, 2023 build.

As mentioned earlier, I think the "handle" is mostly to protect the mechs/ramps behind the back-board. On Sth the pro shouldn't have anything behind the backboard to protect therefore doesn't get a "handle".

#22581 16 days ago

Hey owners. Thinking about joining the club. Any suggestions? Custom code? Mods?

Thanks.

#22582 16 days ago

stern uv kit for sure. i’m glad i have a shaker but wouldn’t say it’s mandatory. i haven’t upgraded the sound but i think this title merits it. people really seem to like the cleland for this game but i’ve been fine with stock so far. i could see upgrading the screen material on an le/prem but my room is pretty dark so i’m fine stock. gotta say i do really like titan glow in the dark in place of stock rubbers. especially on prem it reduces black smudge on the screens and looks very cool in the uv. i actually like the look better of pinball life purple, in uv and daylight, but i prefer the way the titans play and they look pretty cool too.

you thinking pro, prem, or le? new run or old?

#22583 16 days ago
Quoted from pineal:

stern uv kit for sure. i’m glad i have a shaker but wouldn’t say it’s mandatory. i haven’t upgraded the sound but i think this title merits it. people really seem to like the cleland for this game but i’ve been fine with stock so far. i could see upgrading the screen material on an le/prem but my room is pretty dark so i’m fine stock. gotta say i do really like titan glow in the dark in place of stock rubbers. especially on prem it reduces black smudge on the screens and looks very cool in the uv. i actually like the look better of pinball life purple, in uv and daylight, but i prefer the way the titans play and they look pretty cool too.
you thinking pro, prem, or le? new run or old?

New run and premium

#22584 16 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Hey owners. Thinking about joining the club. Any suggestions? Custom code? Mods?
Thanks.

Pinwoofer and cleland, game sounds amazing. I put the stock card back in fir a few games, and it made me appreciate clelands even more.

#22585 16 days ago

New run and premium

nice! be careful though. it’s very addictive. you have been warned.

#22586 16 days ago
Quoted from pineal:

nice! be careful though. it’s very addictive. you have been warned.

ST or pins? this is #8 in home

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer and cleland, game sounds amazing. I put the stock card back in fir a few games, and it made me appreciate clelands even more.

Does Clelands code have better music and same call outs or different? And I always upgrade my audio DIY since I'm and home AV guy. Always sounds better and have hundreds.

#22587 16 days ago

Does Clelands code have better music and same call outs or different?

Replaces some music and some callouts. As a fan of the show, I find Clelands version top notch.

#22588 16 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Replaces some music and some callouts. As a fan of the show, I find Clelands version top notch.

Thank you for that!! Love the show and be awesome
If they updated code for new season down road

#22589 15 days ago

As a new owner of a new run premium, I approve of all above. Cleland makes a huge improvement followed by UV kit, Titan glow in the dark rings, adding a sub, and 5 1/4” backbox speakers. I also went with the Stern shooter rod, side decals, lighted speakers, and shaker. I’m playing it heavily daily and loving it.

IMG_1880 (resized).pngIMG_1880 (resized).png
#22590 15 days ago

ST or pins? this is #8 in home

Does Clelands code have better music and same call outs or different? And I always upgrade my audio DIY since I'm and home AV guy. Always sounds better and have hundreds.

A ton more music. It's cheap to do, I donated $25 to his account for providing.

#22591 15 days ago

The Medisinyl lab mod makes the game look complete.

#22592 15 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The Medisinyl lab mod makes the game look complete.

The trick is finding one. Hopefully they will be remade. And they aren't cheap either. Not saying it's not worth it, just saying you'll be looking at $800+ to do so.

CHris

#22593 15 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:The trick is finding one. Hopefully they will be remade. And they aren't cheap either. Not saying it's not worth it, just saying you'll be looking at $800+ to do so.
CHris

as far as I'm aware they are still taking names on their list, great mod for sure!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-stranger-things-no-list-until-fully-revealed/page/22

#22594 15 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The trick is finding one. Hopefully they will be remade. And they aren't cheap either. Not saying it's not worth it, just saying you'll be looking at $800+ to do so.
CHris

I just received mine a week ago. He is still making them. Just need to get on his list. He has a thread on pinside.

#22595 15 days ago

Thanks everyone for feedback.

Is the upgrade screen material necessary? I play in low light mostly anyway.

#22596 15 days ago

Most important upgrade IMO, and a night and day difference in any lighting condition (with the DS9/SB9 material).

ScottyC makes a precut kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details/page/5#post-7995129

#22597 15 days ago

It makes a big difference. At least put it on the main screen. I don’t know if you can still get samples but you don’t need much for the screen and it’s not very $

#22598 15 days ago

I’ve had an issue but I’ve more or less ignored it. Has anyone had an issue where the TK Multiball doesn’t end when you have one ball? It just keeps going indefinitely. I have modified Clieland code and a Pro. I need to drain every time.

#22599 15 days ago

I’ve had an issue but I’ve more or less ignored it. Has anyone had an issue where the TK Multiball doesn’t end when you have one ball? It just keeps going indefinitely. I have modified Clieland code and a Pro. I need to drain every time.

Have you tested all the trough switches in switch test mode?

#22600 15 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Have you tested all the trough switches in switch test mode?

not really sure what I’m doing so I will do my best to explain.

I did an Active Switch test which appeared to show each trough switch working. Then I did an Switch test and launched a few balls manually. I saw 1 through 5 working.

Wait this is a 6 ball game right

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sparks, NV
Machine - For Sale
Ankeny, IA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,682 posts in this topic. You are on page 452 of 454.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/452 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.