IMG_2259 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2263 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2264 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9633 (resized).jpeg
PowerWave (resized).jpg
IMG_9579 (resized).jpeg
Stranger-4-bank-001_small (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 457.
#22651 38 days ago

Hey all,

I've been noticing that the drop targets below the demogorgon aren't dropping as easily as they used to. Especially if I hit them straight on. Any sort of adjustment for this?

#22652 38 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Earlier in the thread a guy had tips.
I changed mine when putting the playfield protector down which required taking off the ramps so it wasn't a big deal for me since I was neck deep in playfield dismantling.

Ok I’ll look .. yeah I had the ramps off already don’t want to do it again lol .

#22653 38 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Yes. First, cut off the old black posts. Removal is harder than install. I found that I could just loosen the screen and that gave enough room to push the new post rubbers in and wiggle them down. I used a similar method on the back right rubbers. Just loosening various plastics and ramps, then using a set of forceps to work the new rubbers behind the various posts. Wasn't that hard, and took maybe 15 minutes to install the full rubber kit this way.

Ah ha … well I sure hope this works or I’ll have no choice

#22654 38 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a new run and I couldn't put the new apron that came with the UV kit on without undue strain on the USB and HDMI cables on the projector. The HDMI connector on the projector is upside down so the cable comes in from the top. There is no way for it to clear and it also affects the aim of the projector and makes it tilt upward. The USB cable is 90 degree but really sticks out far!
Fortunately this is a simple fix because these are standard cables available in a million configurations. I had a nice 2 foot 90 degree USB-A to USB-C cable, so that replacement was simple. The HDMI cable needs to be replaced with one that is a 270 degree cable. I ordered a new 270 degree cable after verifying that an adapter I have fits perfectly. With the proper cables the apron will fit nicely and not put stress on the projector connectors like it was before.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have a link to the new cable you ended up getting?

#22655 38 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

And the adapter?

#22656 38 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Quoted from LeMansFan:

And the adapter?

The cable needs to be a USB-A to USB-C with 90 degree on the USB-C end. I had one in my drawer but this one will work in 1.6 foot version:

https://a.co/d/8Qqmejo

For the HDMI cable, the original cable won't hook up to the adapter I have on hand, so I ordered a new one that will work with the proper 270 degree connector. Basically I'm going to disconnect the factory HDMI cable from the projector and fold it back under the playfield then connect one of these from the projector to the cable. Notice how the HDMI will connect at the correct angle even though the projector is upside down...that is why you need the 270 instead of the 90.

https://a.co/d/9BWkPjB

Would have been nice if Stern had used the right cables to begin with. Here is a snip from an old video on how to adjust the projector. You can see how nicely the cables exit from the bottom instead of making them go over the top!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22657 38 days ago

One other observation from that video. The old projectors had a wheel that was used to set the focus. Once you set it there is a flap you put over the wheel to keep it from getting bumped. The new projector has a slider instead of the wheel. It doesn't move easily so no cover is needed. When I put the cover back, it actually put the projector out of focus, so refocused and now have the cover installed at angle so it is not tight up against the slider but still keeps the whole projector from moving.

#22658 36 days ago

Curious what is your preferred pitch? I’m at 7 degrees and everything seems dialed in except I’m getting some wild airballs off the ramp

#22659 36 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Curious what is your preferred pitch? I’m at 7 degrees and everything seems dialed in except I’m getting some wild airballs off the ramp

Bubble touching the top line is my go to. Try dialing back your flipper power. We’ve also seen that the ramp airball protectors have been missing on some games. But if it’s a new run, the flippers are much more powerful than the original run.

#22660 36 days ago

Got black diamond from rocco, dont going to use it. Interest? Pm me. Thnx

#22661 35 days ago

Anyone have there old apron after installing a UV kit on a premium? I scratched my left apron plastic and hoping someone could hook me up. Willing to pay. Thanks!

#22662 35 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The cable needs to be a USB-A to USB-C with 90 degree on the USB-C end. I had one in my drawer but this one will work in 1.6 foot version:
https://a.co/d/8Qqmejo
For the HDMI cable, the original cable won't hook up to the adapter I have on hand, so I ordered a new one that will work with the proper 270 degree connector. Basically I'm going to disconnect the factory HDMI cable from the projector and fold it back under the playfield then connect one of these from the projector to the cable. Notice how the HDMI will connect at the correct angle even though the projector is upside down...that is why you need the 270 instead of the 90.
https://a.co/d/9BWkPjB
Would have been nice if Stern had used the right cables to begin with. Here is a snip from an old video on how to adjust the projector. You can see how nicely the cables exit from the bottom instead of making them go over the top![quoted image]

I am confused sorry. Why do you need an adapter?

#22663 35 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am confused sorry. Why do you need an adapter?

The connector on the back of the new projector is upside down compared to the one on the old projector. So the cable has to be rotated to connect with the tail pointing up instead of down. This makes the cable interfere with installing the apron. So the adapter is a 270 degree cable allowing the cable to exit to the bottom instead of the top.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22664 35 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Anyone have there old apron after installing a UV kit on a premium? I scratched my left apron plastic and hoping someone could hook me up. Willing to pay. Thanks!

I do. On vacation for a couple weeks though. Send me a PM and I’ll hook you up.

#22665 35 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

I did the same if there happens to be 2 people with an extra left side plastic. Let me know what you want for it.

#22666 35 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

You can have mine.

#22667 35 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I do. On vacation for a couple weeks though. Send me a PM and I’ll hook you up.

Appreciate the offer but found one local. Thanks! Finnflash seems to need one.

#22668 34 days ago

As far as I know this is an absurd task but has anyone attempted to put a projector in the Pro? I know people swap the code and such for swiping a ball and I read a thread where people said it's possible to add the entire projector but likely as expensive as just buying a premium. I was wondering how bad it would realistically be considered many of the parts are now readily available and the pro is compatible with the premium UV apron.

#22669 34 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

As far as I know this is an absurd task but has anyone attempted to put a projector in the Pro? I know people swap the code and such for swiping a ball and I read a thread where people said it's possible to add the entire projector but likely as expensive as just buying a premium. I was wondering how bad it would realistically be considered many of the parts are now readily available and the pro is compatible with the premium UV apron.

Search posts from cfh he did it. It’s not easy.

#22670 34 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

It is locked permanently on code with the system. Very early pros could have been upgraded (like first run and first few out) and stern put a stop to that as far as I know. I would say it isn't possible on new runs.

#22671 34 days ago

Just rejoined the club with a premium. Had a first run pro years ago that I didn’t keep very long. Anyway, anyone sell nice plastic protectors for the game that maybe reacts with the uv kit? Thx

#22672 34 days ago

Just swapped my shaker motor over from deadpoool to my ST Premium and it’s a little underwhelming. Seems the integration is mostly for jackpots during the multiballs?

#22673 34 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Just swapped my shaker motor over from deadpoool to my ST Premium and it’s a little underwhelming. Seems the integration is mostly for jackpots during the multiballs?

Demo shaking too and hits to the demo.

#22674 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Demo shaking too and hits to the demo.

Im assuming this is more apparent on the Pro where there isn’t any movement/feedback without shaker integration right?

It’s all good. Probably an unfair comparison sitting next to GZ premium with shaker in it…

#22675 33 days ago

Stranger things is more of a true force feedback experience. GZ is a punch you in the face moments rumble type game.

#22676 33 days ago

Yup, many have noted the STh shaker is not too thrilling. Fortunately they are easy to swap to another Stern.

#22677 33 days ago

Shakers should be in every game and shouldn’t be the same experience in every game.

#22678 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shakers should be in every game and shouldn’t be the same experience in every game.

Couldn't agree more I have a shaker in every single one of my games, and they all add something to the experience. Some more than others, yes but still...

#22679 32 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

My Stranger Things premium is wearing out really badly around the four bank drop targets. It also has wear at the left kick out, but the left side of the four bank is really wearing out badly. It does get heavy play on location. Do they make a cliffy Protector for the four bank slot, or do I just cut a piece of Mylar to put around it?

Does Cliffy make one? would like to see one if anyone has it

#22680 32 days ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Does Cliffy make one? would like to see one if anyone has it

Yes, under "What's New". You'll have to contact him for pricing & availability. Cliffy

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Stranger-set001_small (resized).jpgStranger-set001_small (resized).jpgStranger-ejects-inst001_small (resized).jpgStranger-ejects-inst001_small (resized).jpgStranger-4-bank-001_small (resized).jpgStranger-4-bank-001_small (resized).jpg

#22681 32 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just rejoined the club with a premium. Had a first run pro years ago that I didn’t keep very long. Anyway, anyone sell nice plastic protectors for the game that maybe reacts with the uv kit? Thx

#22682 32 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yes, under "What's New". You'll have to contact him for pricing & availability. Cliffy
https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I wonder how many folks have it though since it’s new and Cliffy is backlogged with orders. He told me about this piece back in November when I ordered my kit but I’m still waiting.

#22683 28 days ago

I thought I remember someone mentioning there was an adjustment for this….

My left orbit seems aligned properly as slow rollers coming back down hit the left flipper and burn it back shots also hit the left flipper. However, balls ejecting out of the mystery lane seem to bounce off the guide and not roll down properly hitting the sling. Is there an adjustment for kick out strength or adjusting the milliseconds of the kick out timing? Something to that effect…

IMG_9579 (resized).jpegIMG_9579 (resized).jpeg
#22684 28 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

My left orbit seems aligned properly as slow rollers coming back down hit the left flipper and burn it back shots also hit the left flipper. However, balls ejecting out of the mystery lane seem to bounce off the guide and not roll down properly hitting the sling. Is there an adjustment for kick out strength or adjusting the milliseconds of the kick out timing? Something to that effect…[quoted image]

Try adding a 1# square of mylar at the end of the guide. It's amazing how something so thin can effect the ball path. I had to do 2 layers on stranger and ehoh.

#22685 28 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

My left orbit seems aligned properly as slow rollers coming back down hit the left flipper and burn it back shots also hit the left flipper. However, balls ejecting out of the mystery lane seem to bounce off the guide and not roll down properly hitting the sling. Is there an adjustment for kick out strength or adjusting the milliseconds of the kick out timing? Something to that effect…[quoted image]

Tweaking the guide, side to side game level, stuffing things behind the guide, Mylar on the guide, voodoo and prayers may all help. That left return is a real SOB to dial in.

#22686 28 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Try adding a 1# square of mylar at the end of the guide. It's amazing how something so thin can effect the ball path. I had to do 2 layers on stranger and ehoh.

His bad ones aren’t even touching the guide. They are bouncing off it from the up post coming back up and slamming into the ball.

You’ll need to tweak the side to side level of the game slightly or adjust the up post spring like others have so the post doesn’t impact the ball when it comes up.

#22687 27 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put in a pinwoofer power wave amp today, about 5 minutes, plus speaker swap. The game really sounds incredible, adds a lot.
[quoted image]

Maybe because it’s late and losing my mind, but I can’t find that amp in their Pinside shop or on their website. How did you order it?

#22688 27 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Maybe because it’s late and losing my mind, but I can’t find that amp in their Pinside shop or on their website. How did you order it?

Here you go evileye

https://pinwoofer.com/accessories/amplifiers/

Thanks,

Dan
+1 208-855-0346
[email protected]
PinWoofer.com

PowerWave (resized).jpgPowerWave (resized).jpg
#22689 27 days ago

Is that a direct pinsound copy?

#22690 27 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Is that a direct pinsound copy?

Or the other way around since pinsound ones are not available yet.

#22691 27 days ago

If you have half a brain you can see what's happened here. Anyway go with what you want.

#22692 26 days ago

There is an install setting called “Directors cut”. Does anyone know what that is about?

#22693 26 days ago
Quoted from hcj13:

There is an install setting called “Directors cut”. Does anyone know what that is about?

Don't know what it does on Stranger Things, but generally it was used to set the game settings to the designer's preferences as an option beyond "Easy, Normal, Hard". Some games make use of it, other games don't.

#22694 26 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Don't know what it does on Stranger Things, but generally it was used to set the game settings to the designer's preferences as an option beyond "Easy, Normal, Hard". Some games make use of it, other games don't.

Interesting. Thanks. Would give it a try.

#22695 25 days ago

Just finished up my speaker panel upgrade, still playing around with different lighting effects…

A photo doesn’t really doesn't do it justice…

IMG_9633 (resized).jpegIMG_9633 (resized).jpeg
#22696 24 days ago

Having problem with center ramp (Stern calls it screen ramp) hanging up midway between up & down on its way up. Machine is freshly out of box with less than 100 plays.

Today spent some time investigating:

a) verified motor shaft set screw was tight
b) in diagnostic test, up & down stroke switches both register correctly
c) screen goes down in test mode, but again stops travel midway while going up, as during play. Motor stops after second or two at hang up point
d) a slight push with finger to overcome resistance results in motor engaging, and completion of up travel

I’m thinking something is causing some sort of interference. Was interested in thoughts from the group before I disassemble further to inspect the linkage etc.

#22697 24 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Having problem with center ramp (Stern calls it screen ramp) hanging up midway between up & down on its way up. Machine is freshly out of box with less than 100 plays.
Today spent some time investigating:
a) verified motor shaft set screw was tight
b) in diagnostic test, up & down stroke switches both register correctly
c) screen goes down in test mode, but again stops travel midway while going up, as during play. Motor stops after second or two at hang up point
d) a slight push with finger to overcome resistance results in motor engaging, and completion of up travel
I’m thinking something is causing some sort of interference. Was interested in thoughts from the group before I disassemble further to inspect the linkage etc.

Did you try this key post?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/393#post-7931646

#22698 24 days ago

Anyone have any idea why Stern would set Feature adjustment #99 to abort one animation? Choices are one,all,none. Set mine on none but haven't played enough to see what has been added.

#22699 24 days ago

Ahhh. Should have known. Thank you, @chuckwurt. I think this will do it. Left screen appears to be slightly closer. Will report back.

#22700 24 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Ahhh. Should have known. Thank you, @chuckwurt. I think this will do it. Left screen appears to be slightly closer. Will report back.

I had the same issue, below is what finally fixed it for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/441#post-8081907

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ellsworth, MI
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,990 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Blood Lords Miniatures

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 457.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.