IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6828 3 years ago

Well... got my first pin delivered today. Family is crazy about Stranger Things. Picked up a Premium with a shaker motor. UV kit, pin sound and a few other goodies on route.

After researching pins for a month, decided to pick up a Simpsons Pinball Party as well but that’s currently on a truck on its way into Canada.

99047249-85EF-443F-8292-055AAF05A4C3 (resized).jpeg99047249-85EF-443F-8292-055AAF05A4C3 (resized).jpeg
#6870 3 years ago

I like the look of the mirror blades.

#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Mirror blades look nice but glad I went with the official art blades. For me ST looks a bit better darker without all the light reflection from the mirrors. Can’t wait for Christmas to finally play mine.

I went with the art blades as well. My pin has been sitting in the basement in its original box for the last week. It's wrapped in Christmas paper for the family and I have UV kit, art blades, and a few other tasteful mods to add. It's killing me not opening it.

#6900 3 years ago

Man, can I be in the family too? Thats awesome, you’ll soon enjoy it!

It’s my first pin so its 10x’s as bad waiting for it. I do have. Simpsons Party on route as well but it won’t make it for Xmas h fortunately.

#6901 3 years ago

Glad I am not the only one waiting anxiously for Christmas. My pro was a demo unit and shipped in a Turtles box. I opened it and already installed the art blades(look awesome), UV kit, demogorgon ramp decal, shaker motor, lockdown bar accent badge and speaker lights from cointaker. Going to put in ball shooter lane protector today.
Didn’t put in the new updated ramp for it because no issues with the demogorgon shot. I learned quickly if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Now can’t wait for Elvira to get done next year and of course for Christmas to play Stranger Things. Underrated game in my opinion.
Was going to get Attack From Mars, but my daughters felt ST was better as did I. Wife loved both and gave me the green light to get ST. The UV kit definitely was worth it also but the shaker is under utilized for me, at least for the few times a played it to make sure it works.
Was initially regretting buying ST when Led Zeppelin was announced, but now that I saw it I am still glad I bought ST and my Elvira deposit is also going nowhere.

Sounds amazing it’s going to be a great morning. I have a few of those same mods. I would really like the UV kit in before Xmas so I might give it a shot tomorrow night. Mine came with the shaker. I’m glad your happy with the decision, I know everyone here is going to crap their pants.

#6997 3 years ago

Congrats on your first pin! Already have a family of six and any room left in my house is for pinball lol so no more allowed in my family. Where’s Simpsons coming from and when will it arrive? For my pins I like to get key chains for each one. I bought this Funko demogorgon key chain on eBay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea. TSPP is coming from Georgia. It’s currently not far from here in my province and I should get it in a week or so. Have the pinsound and LED kit waiting for installation. ST is intense and incredible. I can’t wait to have another one to shorten up the line for ST. I’m building a house that had a plan for a nanny suite in the basement. Wife and I agree that’s the new pinball room.

I would definitely try to get it in. Took a little bit of time to get it in. One issue I had was putting in the UV lights on the right ramp. The supplied screws did not thread in for me.
The hole was a bit off on the thread and I ended up stripping the screw. I had some odds and ends screws and found one that worked. The left side screwed in just fine.

I got the uv kit installed. A bit overwhelming not working on a pin before but I couldn’t imagine playing the game without it. Hass to be one of the greatest mods ever. I still need to dial-in my TK multi ball in my demogorgan Because it’s shooting low. I just haven’t found a good tutorial on the demogorgan.

#6999 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Excellent - thanks again!

I Have the premium in my ball does the same thing. Holds it for a second and releases it

#7000 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck - just to clarify, I did actually activate the plunger from behind. I used the TK Lock Deflector Assembly Checklist for the measurements, and cut a sheet metal screw to exactly 13/16, and then adjusted the metal deflector ramp so that it just barely held the screw. I also adjusted the bar height to exactly 2" per the document. It's worth noting, though, that with it set this way it was a bit too close, seemingly, to where it might pinch the ball. So when that didn't work, I used the picture referenced earlier as a guide and set it that way. But that didn't work either. I did not do the step that involves loosening the left ramp because I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary, but it sounds like it is.
And just now, when I was looking back at the sticky with the checklist document, I realized that I only looked at the factory checklist document and not the additional details and pictures you provided in that post. I must have only printed out that pdf and not the rest of the post. I'll go back and run through those steps next because it looks like I'm asking questions that you already answered before - my apologies for that!
I'm new to the world of modern pinball (used to play a lot growing up but nothing like the new machines out now) and really appreciate the info you've provided. Just trying to get the lock straightened out because it's such a cool feature in the game!

I followed everything laid out in the email and pdf and I’m still 1 for 50 getting the ball to stick to the wall. I loosened the ramp and tried to pull it forward but it didn’t help. Atleast my ball isnt bouncing around and coming straight back dowon the ramp into the crap hole.

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is most likely your issue. The most important thing is getting the diverter distance right. Then pushing the ramp away from the backboard is second most important. All the steps in the guide need to be done.
No problem at all. More than happy to help because I know how much more fun the game is when everything works!
Another thing that’s not in the guide:
I took a small piece of thin plastic (laminated paper) and wrapped it in electrical tape and wedged it in between the left corner of the ramp (right below eleven’s head) and the backboard. This helped hold the ramp away from the backboard.

I will loosen it up and try this. I’m really missing out. I have been playing all day and I don’t have the fans so maybe that’s it. Feels like I don’t have enough juice to get it to go.

#7005 3 years ago

My flippers seam fine. I will definitely get some fans and see how that goes.

Does anyone know how to lower the ramp door an extra ¼” so there is no gap after you put some spacers in to raise it up?

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. The only one I noticed doing that was the right ramp. Everything else seemed to line up right. Maybe the new code cleans that up.

Did you ever get the right ramp projection fixed? If so how do you adjust it?

#7057 3 years ago

These are all great posts. I can’t wait to get home to try these recommendations.

#7105 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck, I'll definitely open a ticket with Stern on this. Maybe the ramp cover will help in my case. I would encourage others reading this who have not been able to get the TK lock working correctly to also open tickets. The more tickets that are opened will increase visibility and the odds for a fix.

I have one open for TK as well. My demogorgan also shoots low too.

#7106 3 years ago

I don’t want to open a can of worms here but I’m new to pins an I’m wondering about glass upgrades. Do the new pins like ST come with the best glass available or are there upgrades available?

Is so... recommendations? Is it worth it?

Thank you

#7162 3 years ago

I got my TK working much better last night. I tightened up the black hex nut holding the metal actuator (can see through the ramp) with needle nose pliers and I finally got some balls to stick. I’m not completely dialed in but it’s way better and when my fans arrive, I will continue to work with it. The black screw was incredibly loose and the whole metal sections was wobbling around.

Now I need to work on my demogorgan that I eland hit the bottom of.

#7175 3 years ago

I just got the total isolation mode for the first time and unlocked the Oh Shit (or something like that) mystery. So awesome. Would love to know how to unlock the total isolation mode again. This game is unreal!

#7184 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Played a number of games and it looks like on the pro the one demo bomb kills 1 demogorgon only and is worth only 10 mil. Tried it on the first, third, and fourth demo modes and never saw higher than 10 mill. Definitely don't use it on the third as that is a waste. Going to try the second one. If locking in the super quick with the second that may be worth it.
Other than that I don't see any reason to save it for later.

This is all foreign to me. I need to do some reading. It’s my first pin and I’m not where what’s a mode and what’s a chapter. I will bookmark this and comeback to read it when I understand the differences.

#7229 3 years ago

Just ordered mine too. Thanks!!

#7232 3 years ago

Question...

I just bought a pinsound upgrade for my TSPP. Speaker, shaker, soundboard etc.

Anyways... I was thinking...

Would it make sense to upgrade my ST Speakers and pass the ST speakers down to the Simpsons Machine?

I’m not sure of the speaker quality of a Premium Machine. If they are not as good, it would still be an upgrade to both machines.

Thoughts?

#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is how to adjust your demo:
Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)
Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary. based on the four holes and screws, you can adjust your shims/washers to tilt it just about any way you need to.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.

Is there a video anywhere of how to actually remove the Demogorgon to get at those washers. My temporary rope fix need to be a permanent fix and I don't know where to start on removing the toy.

Thank you

#7253 3 years ago

Also, is there a factory adjustment document similar to the one for the TK lock? One that shows measurements etc. for the demogorgon?

Not that I have found. Slow-motion video will tell you how you need to adjust it.

#7258 3 years ago

Just took the demo off, removed the spacers and boom! Dialed in. 4 in a row when caught in flipper.

Even worked when I put the glass back on. TK seems to be dialed in as well. But I’m not as certain about that one. The ball catches on a perfect shot and does get jammed on a crappy shot.

Beyond ecstatic. Wooooo!!

Thanks everyone, C0untDeM0net post really helped.

#7279 3 years ago

For A complete noob like me, ST Started out amazing but when I found out it didn’t work as described I was underwhelmed. I figured for the price I paid for a machine it should be good to go. However I had to dial it in. Now that’s dialed in... WOW.

#7315 3 years ago

I installed some purple flipper lights for the wide and then went on to install the Tibetan Flipper Fans. Turns out they both want the same CN11 ticket connector.

Is there somewhere else I can easily get power for these lighted buttons.

Fans are staying , buttons will go if they have to.

Thanks

#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here is a quick demogorgan fix, although it may not be suitable for everyone. I had no desire to spend a bunch of time taking things apart to try and dial the shot in. Instead, I grabbed 2 felt chair glides. Stuck one on the bottom of the DG support bracket and one on the top. 90% of the shots go in and it took me 2 minutes. The drawback? It greatly reduces and/or eliminates the DG from shaking. Just thought I would share. [quoted image]

I take it your shooting low. I had a black string wrapped around the back and that helped too. I hated how it didn’t thrash like before. It took 30 minutes for a me (complete noob) to get it off. Removed the spacers and it’s beauty. It’s back to thrashing and I drain the mouth shot consistently . Would be happy to walk you through it if you decide to do it.

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Trash the lights....keep the fans. I never liked the feel of the lighted flipper buttons. Stock are solid. Just my opinion.

That’s what I’m going to do. They definitely don’t feel as good.

Thanks for the offer Vireland.

#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

If you want to spend a little more I bought a board from pinball life that is awesome. Installed under the cabinet board. Does not negatively effect existing board and I have several mods hooked up too it. Works awesome. Easy install.

That’s a good idea too. What else do you have hooked up to it? Lol

#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Enjoy the game—-I have the alphabet sign. Arcade sign. Lit Flipper buttons. Dice dome cover Also the lit stern shooter rod. That is awesome. Must have for me anyway. Also have Pinmonk fans too. Finish it off with speaker lights. It’s a beauty. Have fun modding it.

What board did you buy? Nice mods

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

A big thank you to pinpickle who not only gave me detailed instructions on how to dial in demogorgon, but who also fielded lots of text questions as I went through the process. He’s only been here a few months and he knows tons more that I do. Thanks so much for all the help!!

Your very welcome Joey! I’m glad you’re dialed in!!

#7459 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

So, Demogorgon is working like gangbusters. But now the TK lock is not quite there yet. Ball very rarely makes it all the way up the diverter. Usually almost makes it and rolls back down. What is the best method to get that dialed in?

This isn’t a simple fix. You need to try a bunch of different things.

I was told You need the cooling fans from Pinmonk. That will help with flipper fatigue. I have them, and haven’t seen a drastic improvement on my TK success. The science still says you need them.

I would follow the PDF (located in the key posts) and I tightened the black screw underneath the ramp with curved needle nose pliers. My diverter arm was really loose and sloppy. Those two things helped out with having balls bounce around and roll SDTM.

It’s improved but not perfect yet.

#7463 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The fans aren’t part of the fix. They simply keep the flippers operating at optimal levels.
You’ll know all you need are the fans when you TK lock works perfectly then all of a sudden after about 20-30 mins of play the ball is falling just short of making the magnet. The fans will solve that.

Yeah that’s what I was saying in regard to flipper fatigue. It’s useless to try to dial it in after playing it for a while without the cooling fans. And you need them to hit the TK lock. I’m not perfectly dialed in so I haven’t seen a drastic improvement with the fans but I know I need them.

#7480 3 years ago

Upgraded my glass to stern HD. Love it.

#7485 3 years ago

I have been a bit of a whore with all my posts but I just want to give a shout out to Chuck for being so involved. Your comments and videos have helped out so many people and as a noob it’s greatly appreciated.

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Here ya go![quoted image]

I’m not sure what this would do to help things. Are people having the diverted arm rub on the ramp cover? I don’t think I’m anywhere near that. Or is it the ball clipping the top of it?

#7536 3 years ago

The only other thing I would check is your diverter itself. With the plunger pressed on the back and the arm actuated, give the diverter a wiggle and check the play. Min was incredibly loose and once it tightened it up (still has play and moves freely) it helped a bunch.

Its tricky to get at but you can do it without removing everything.

Use 3/8” (if I remember correctly) wrench to hold the bolt underneath and bent needle nose or vice grips to turn the black hex screw.

I believe chuckwurt had an issue with this as well. His was gunked up from the washer and he applied some lubricant to get it to work a little more smoothly as well. I don’t know if he put blue lock tight on that bolt.

Goodluck

ED46492D-4711-42B5-979B-9916A9975593 (resized).jpegED46492D-4711-42B5-979B-9916A9975593 (resized).jpegFC1AEAB2-1705-4F97-B43F-4F9DBE140976 (resized).jpegFC1AEAB2-1705-4F97-B43F-4F9DBE140976 (resized).jpeg
#7540 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh. I assumed that picture you posted was from you. I guess that was from someone else. Hopefully people get those adjustable covers soon. I would like to know if they work.
I would take all your measurements again once it starts falling short of the magnet. Are they all the same? If not, the mech shifted. A millimeter can change everything.
Also try pushing down the arm a bit more so the ball doesn’t need to climb as high.

My arm doesn’t budge up or down. I noticed that in the instructions too. I could never figure out how to adjust that. I’m 1/32- 2/32 below 2” and it works. Just can’t play with the height.

#7552 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Right! Like we all said...It takes patience and there will be trial and error but if you stick with it and follow the key posts and input from others I’ve heard of no one who hasn’t greatly improved it. You still need a pretty solid shot but i went from 1 out of every 20 or so to almost every solid shot locks. Gotta have patience.

Agreed. Wish they came out with a fix though. Other than a ramp cover. Unless that is the actual magic cure.

#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For anyone’s who’s isn’t perfect please order that cover. Would love to see that make the dialing process easier. I don’t want to get it because mines perfect. Haha.
I will say that moving that cover does drastically change the speed with which it runs up to the magnet. But I took it completely off. I guess sliding it to the left a bunch would do the same thing, but you can dial it in to your liking.

You took yours completely off? That doesn’t launch the ball?

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh it launches it across the game. Haha. If you turn down the strength to 200 it makes the magnet. But then demogorgon shots become impossible.

Hahahaha well that’s no help.

#7562 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah but that’s why I think with the adjustable one you can move it to the left enough so that it allows the ball to more easily travel up the diverter without as much resistance. I guess we will have to wait and see what someone says when they get theirs.

I watched your stream to this game and I’m just going to shut my mouth. I thought as a noob I was getting good but 13min in you hit 3 in a row on the TK multi ball. Wow man. Your unreal!! As a noob I look forward to improving my game and learning patience with the pin. Unreal man.

I sure would like to know more about the super skill shot and if you figured that out.

#7566 3 years ago

I tried a ton today too. Nowhere remotely close.

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I was able to move him closer to that spacer, but it's still not even close to resting on it. The way the bracket is screwed in the plastic demo is wonky. They barely even dig into the mold and after I put two washers on each side to push him forward it felt like I needed 2 more on each side for a total of 4!!! Those screws aren't even long enough to hold that many.
I even took out the black spacers on one of the demo brackets because I was always shooting so low thinking it would at least lower the mouth and still not low enough.

Take both those black spacers out. You don’t need to do anything else at all. That’s it. You will be 100%. Whatever else you did to adjust the demo, undo it and just remove both black spacers. Easy fix. Many of us were shooting high and everyone who did that is 100%.

#7613 3 years ago

My cover is ordered. I can’t wait to get at this.

#7662 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

FWIW I received my NIB Premium 5 days ago, and everything seems to be working perfectly out of the box - for now, at least. Either way, it is good to know that if issues do appear this thread has you covered - thanks to all that have contributed so much detailed information.
Also, I am absolutely loving the game so far - can't wait to receive the UV Kit (should be another week or so)!

Congratulations! I’m not sure if you have the new update but Clelands sound code improves the game immensely. There should be a new version for the latest update to come out sometime in the near future.

As for the UV lights... the first time you get them working it will give you goosebumps.

#7704 3 years ago

I see the Cleland updated code is done.

Time to go back and find out what exactly the new code offered. Ball swipe and demo bomb. Woo!!

#7714 3 years ago

first total isolation comes from start 2 modes in each chapter for a total of 4 modes. You don't have to complete them just start them. You get an extra ball at 3 modes started.
TI2 is 4 modes for each chapter. Then there are the chapter wizard modes which require you to complete all 6 modes for a chapter. 2 more after TI2 for that chapters wizard mode. Complete those 2 wizard modes plus demodog, the 5 shot combo, and all demogorgon modes for final showdown total wizard mode.

Question about the rules... still trying to get to total isolation again.

I understand I need to open 2 modes in each chapter. So that’s 3 balls in left orbit, TK ramp, right ramp, and bumpers.

I did learn that the pop bumpers shuffle the mode lamps. Also, when i shot a ball through the mystery/extra ball lane I activated a mode. Didn’t expect that to happen.

In the photo attached I need to put 2 more balls up the right ramp to get to total isolation. First pin still trying to learn the rules.

(Turn up the heat was flashing)

Thanks for your help, man I love pinball.

0823A0EF-8145-4298-9D69-F2D2CD5E72A6 (resized).jpeg0823A0EF-8145-4298-9D69-F2D2CD5E72A6 (resized).jpeg
#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mystery lane spots mode shots and starts modes until you’ve played 2 modes.

Thanks for the response Chuck. I don’t understand the above statement.

If I don’t have any modes done yet and I have 2 shots on the left ramp, a shot through the mystery lane will act as a shot through the left ramp. Making it 3 balls through and activating the mode.

But that only works on the first 2 modes. After the first 2 modes are completed, mystery lane no longer activates a mode shot?

#7721 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. You got it. That lane will advance one of the 4 main mode shots (whichever one is furthest along). Once you’ve played 2 modes, it doesn’t help you anymore.

Beautiful! Thanks for your help. It’s nice to understand it a little more. There’s still soooo much to know but that’s a good start.

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably almost time for an in-depth tutorial video from me. I’ll probably do one at some point this winter or spring.

I noticed a post you made about 11 months ago talking about a video you were going to do but that was on the first code so I figured it’s out dated. I also found a thread on another forum that you had a lot of input on the rules sheet.

There’s a few things I’m not sure of but that rule sheet is an outstanding resource. We should have one here me make it a key post.

A new video would be welcomed from my end. I look forward to it.

#7729 3 years ago

This is very brief but pretty much my understanding of the game.

2:23 completing your inlanes lights mystery. So that’s the 4 lanes?

Interesting to see the comparison to MM and AFM. I see MM as number 1 on the 100 list but the theme does nothing for me. I don’t think i would want a similar game experience (unless I had a decent collection) but I would be interested to know what the experience pinballers think about how ST compares to those other two. ST doesn’t get much love on the top 100. The ranking doesn’t matter to me because ST is my first love but still interesting.

#7732 3 years ago

The flipper buttons control which lanes are lit. Basically never let the ball come down a ramp to a lit lane.

This sounds crazy. So much to know.

So if the right inner lane that goes to the flipper is lit but the outer “drain” (unless I can figure out how to do the illegal death save) lane is not, I can hit the flipper button to choose what’s lit? Hit the flipper button... Remove the lit inner lane and light the dice?

There is no question... pinball is good for the brain!

Seriously though... is death save possible. Tried 100 times. Lol

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Death saves are not required, use the flipper buttons to move the lit insert until all are lit then shoot the mystery shot.

When the ball goes down the Right outside drain lane and I have a great game going... I want the death save. Lol

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you don’t. Play better.
Or just put the game on 5 ball. Nobody’s gonna think your scores are legit if you’re doing death saves all the time.

Play better? I agree!! Going back to 5 ball is a great idea! It will help me learn more of the rules.

#7746 3 years ago

Will putting the new plastic cover on did shit for me. I took all the wedges and everything out and started from scratch.

I did make a new adjustment and that was how my diverter arm rests against the ramp wall. Mine sat very hard against the wall (if I let go of the plunger, it would slam the wall on the ramp) So, I adjusted the threaded bumper so the diverter arm barely touches the wall.

I was 9 for 9 from in the cradle. I will see how it holds up.

8E38D76A-C7FE-42E1-BB6E-555FF3CF2B46 (resized).jpeg8E38D76A-C7FE-42E1-BB6E-555FF3CF2B46 (resized).jpeg910E00DB-C6F1-44E0-8552-D2FF9F2BB9EF (resized).jpeg910E00DB-C6F1-44E0-8552-D2FF9F2BB9EF (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you say the new ramp cover did shit for you, did you just install it or did you play with how it sits? You can adjust it pretty far left or right. The further left you go with it, I would think it would impede the balls movement up the diverter less.

I’m not sure if the ramp or cover was the issue for me. I’m thinking I had multiple issues so saying it did shit may be wrong. When I put the new cover on, it didn’t fix the issue. When I made the other adjustments, it all worked.

#7750 3 years ago

I just had the greatest most frustrating game yet. Now that I’m understanding the rules I know what to shoot at. I completed all 4 modes, beat 2 of them, I had the TK ramp arrow flashing up just waiting for me to stay total isolation. I had all the drop targets down waiting for my final demogorgan battle. The spell of protection was lit, and I Hit the lock it post and went straight into the right outlane.

My first thought was death save but I said to myself. Nope, Can’t try it GRand champion will have an asterisk.

Sooo fun, so close to 1 Billion!!!!

5 balls btw but I’m okay with that. Machine never gave me tickets either

A4E5AA38-5843-4227-860F-FD8C3B95D4AD (resized).jpegA4E5AA38-5843-4227-860F-FD8C3B95D4AD (resized).jpeg

#7755 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just want to make sure you knew the ramp cover is adjustable and that it can slide back and forth. So no matter where you had it situated it didn’t affect the balls path?

Oh yeah I know it’s adjustable. I didn’t play with the direction at all. I set it in the middle as per the instructions. I will mark the spot and try it all the way back to see the difference.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! If you never use the death save crutch, it will make you great games that much sweeter.

Agreed. Felt good. Don’t know how to do the death save anyways. I never got close. I like knowing the clippers change the lanes. That are lit. I thought I had to drain to get the right outlane.

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Hey Club. I’ll be joining you soon. Can you help me decide between the Pro and Premium? I’ve only played the Pro.
I really want the Premium for the obvious reasons (way cooler tech than the Pro), but I really don’t like to play pins in the dark. I have 63 year old eyes that see the ball much better in a well lit room. I have a MMR and never play it with the room lights off because I can’t follow the ball with just the GI lighting of the machine.
Does playing the Premium in a well lit room destroy the projection effects of the Premium? Same question about the UV kit, although I could still have that with the Pro if I want.
Thanks for your help!!!

I think playing in a lit room completely takes away from the game. I play it with all the lights off. The dark works best with the projector.

The pro is a great game and I think that might be a better fit for you.

#7775 3 years ago

I just ordered a GnR. It’s going to be hard to beat ST.

I did play it with the lights on this evening and it’s still good. So I change my vote and say get the premium.

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

On my Pro, a shot to the mystery lane sometimes completes my drop target bank. Or if my drops are down and I need the shot under the Demo to start a Demo battle, a mystery shot registers that as well.
Any ideas to what my issue is?

Mine does the same sometimes. Makes me think I’m seeing things. Let me know if you get a fix. I inspected it and couldn’t see any issues. It’s annoying.

#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Game of Thrones Premium. But it’s a whole different animal. May not be your cup of tea.

I figured you were a fan. I noticed you had the pro sold it and bought the premium. Your an expert so.... TWD for me. Haha

#7833 3 years ago

All you need to do is wedge something to lift the back of the play field up. I used the kids baseball bat in the handle and it was perfect. 2 hands for the job. I need to cut a 2x4 for a perfect fit. Made my life real easy.

#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stock settings reset high scores after X amount of plays. You’ll need to go into the settings and change that.

Really!!! Crap, I need to find that setting

1 week later
#8025 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I did a quick fix before I adjusted my demogorgon and it had great results for a few weeks, until I got around to fixing it right. Scotch tape over a strip of thin cardboard at the top of the ramp.[quoted image]

I’m completely illiterate when it comes to pinball but the demogorgan fix was fairly simple. Remove the spacers and your golden.

#8063 3 years ago

It’s been a little while since I have taken mine off and I don’t remember the power cable. Once you have it loosened up you will see where the cable connects and it’s simple to unplug it. I may have left mine in. Either way it was a non issue so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Here are some photos of the screws you need to remove. Hope it helps. They my not show up in the proper order.

Take some before photos and a video just in case you forget how it goes back together but it’s fairly straight forward even for a noob.

Goodluck!
30B671E1-8258-48AA-8EA8-2EB2302CF4F2 (resized).jpeg30B671E1-8258-48AA-8EA8-2EB2302CF4F2 (resized).jpeg83207B8D-5E59-480F-B0F6-0B9F1AE5E43C (resized).jpeg83207B8D-5E59-480F-B0F6-0B9F1AE5E43C (resized).jpegC61227EA-AE05-44BD-A78C-50B651FDC0B8 (resized).jpegC61227EA-AE05-44BD-A78C-50B651FDC0B8 (resized).jpeg

#8065 3 years ago

I finally dialed in the left “Burn it Back” saucer. I was 0% and now I’m 80%. What a difference.

My unrelated question... when’s the best time to use the demobomb? I recall reading somewhere that Trap em (2nd battle) is the best time to do it. After you beat the first Demo. Is that the case?

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Installation is probably 10-15 minutes, depending on how many flippers you're installing them for. Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Quick simple installation. Huge improvement as well.

#8076 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve gotten some big scores in trap em using it either to lock in the jackpot values or cashing in the super jackpot hurry up.
Been meaning to try and save it for will or can’t stop this to see if I can blow those up too.
Wish they had high scores for each demo mode.

I have tried it on all the multi-ball demo battles. I’m just not sure which one makes the most sense. After you kill the demo a second time you shoot every lane and kill the demo again. I have only done that twice. I loose a ball somewhere along the way.

“ Trap ‘Em!: 2-ball Multiball. The center Demogorgon target is lit to score a hurry-up starting at 5 million and lowering to 500k. A successful shot into the center will collect the hurry-up. Defeat it again to light all the major shots for Jackpots worth the hurry-up value. Collecting all Jackpots will begin another hurry up worth the total of all the jackpots combined. Collecting this will score the SJP and lock in that value. You can make the SJP one more time at that value. Then you will restart the Jackpot sequence with more valuable jackpots that will lead to a larger SJP hurry up at the demogorgon.”

So is the play to use the demo bomb right away or right after you kill him the first time? You know a new stream with the updated code would really answer a lot of my questions.

As always, thanks Chuck

#8078 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I take one or two quick shots to try and lock in the jackpot at a high value.
With 2x scoring running and making the SJP right away, you can get 80-100 million per SJP. Watch this clip of me cashing in two of them quickly.

That’s perfect. Now I understand that works. Sometimes I have been waiting to use it right after the first demo is killed. Sometimes first shot. Some times a while after. This makes perfect sense.

So if you kill it on the first shot, you will use the bomb on the third battle (if you don’t kill it first shot again) the entire sequence (kill, kill, jackpots, sjp) just keeps repeating itself.

Awesome! Thank you

#8080 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There should be only two times you would consider using the button in trap em:
Right away on the first demo kill
Right away on the first SJP collect.
It’s kill, kill, jackpots, SJP, SJP, jackpots, SJP, SJP......

Alright. I’m setting up a Twitch account now so I can watch that video. Might be the only Pinsider without one. Didn’t want to spoil the discovery.

#8081 3 years ago

Okay watched the video. Great 2 shots!!

Is there a full length video for this? Would like to see the minute before and the whole thing. Well not far past the first total isolation.

#8083 3 years ago

All good. Played the game and seen what I needed. This helped!

#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hey Pinpickle, what did you do to the saucer? Is it the one on the far left? Or is there another one in the Burn it back orbit of the play field that I’ve never hit? Since you are my STh guru, I need to make sure I dial in like the Pickle!!

I’m actually 95% get the odd dud.

The saucer is the 2X saucer on the left. It always made a bit of a thud sound and it wouldn’t go around the burn it back. I took the metal deflector off and tightened the bolts directly to the playfield and used some blue lock right. Then I tightened the metal cover back on.

Now when I hit the 2X saucer it shoots the ball through the burn it back loop.

Some people have it where the aim is way off. Chucks video explains it at the 3min mark and this video goes into great detail.

Mine was just an overall tightening issue and minor alignment issue . But tightening the top nuts did nothing, I needed to tighten the actual posts.

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Weird - mine does neither. It shoots up in the direction of the burn it back shot, missing the far right drop target, but then rattles and heads back down towards the flippers. Guess I need to adjust.

You that’s what mine did. Adjust it, get it rollin!

#8092 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Decided to throw one of the comparison photos into the mix (side edges of the silver on the previous photos are warped over the gaps...this shows a better side by side to the factory white). Silver to the right of the Cricut is the one that looked nearly identical until projected on...darker, muddier image in person despite better blacks. Light gray was a slight improvement, but the metallic content of the matte silver offers a darker material, with the added benefit of reflective "gain" to negate the negative effects on the whites and colors (in this case, without the harsher twinkling artifacts some high gain screens have).
[quoted image]

That’s a great improvement. I wonder if you can order a sample from Screen Innovations. They are leaders in screen fabrics for high ambient light.

I would be up for changing the main screen if it was a simple fix. I wouldn’t worry about the ramps.

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Thanks guys, I’m going to mess around with this. Always learning something new. I’m embarrassed to admit this, but today was my first time getting Total Isolation. This game is soooo good!! Can’t believe I almost passed it over.

Embarrassed? Why? I have only got it a couple times too. So much fun though.

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I do have some home theater and custom projector screen experience, and would have loved to have tested SI's Black Diamond (too expensive, though I didn't see a sample advertised for sale [perhaps have to ask directly]), but my guess is that even the Black Diamond material will look muddy at the factory angle of the screen. Good viewing angles tend to diminish with the ambient light screens.
As noted, even that chalkboard black vinyl looked stellar (like Black Diamond in media I've seen) when viewed head on, but unacceptable from player perspective.
Of course a self-adhesive vinyl is a significant advantage in getting a properly flat surface and ease of application.

I’m on my second BLack Diamond screen. First one was for a really high ambient lit room and the quality was exceptional. I have a dedicated space and I’m using their screen but obviously different gain and fabric.

#8105 3 years ago

I’m a Steve fan as well. His call outs are very limited but there are a few.

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocco:

Hello everyone, we will soon have a complete set of Black Diamond material for the projection surfaces.
Video with the full "Black Diamond" Projector Set installed:
https://vimeo.com/515169194

Will you have these for sale? Looks like a fantastic installation. They grey material looks much better when the screen is off as well. I would be interested to see how it looks in a light controlled room or in the evening with no ambient light.

Also, how did you mount your hopper truck? I have one sitting in my cabinet. I like your location as opposed to the back right corner. I have the Billy's car as well and they seem to balance themselves out.

Good stuff!

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

This is why I love this thread. A lot of Pinside is people arguing about what pinball company they like better of people being snarky to each other but everyone here is always offering help and encouragement. So glad I chose this machine and I came here to learn more about it. Thanks everyone!

I also forgot to mention that my games are set for 5 balls. haha

One of my favourite things that I discovered last week is there is a setting in the menu where you can hold down the left flipper & start button at the same time and the game will reset. Probably not needed as often for the majority of people that use 3 balls but if I have a crappy game going I would rather restart then finish all the balls. Sometime's I will practice certain shots or flipper passes but I the majority of times I restart and try again. I don't recall where it is in the adjustments menu but if you scroll through, you will find it.

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocco:

The set will be available to buy soon. There will be a complete set for all white areas with extra targets stickers. More details will follow soon.
I assembled the Hopper and Billy car with a sheet metal. The cars each have a hole at the bottom where the sheet metal is fastened with one screw and the other screw is attached to the ramp. I'll take a picture of it next time .[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s amazing news! I’m in for the screen material and I happen to have some sheet metal in my garage. Perfect.

Thanks!

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I can’t get those vehicles in Canada. Anyone want to order them for me and I’ll pay for them and the shipping?

I bought the camero from pinsode and it lights up. Hoppers truck was purchased from Amazon.com took forever to get here. Maybe there are some left.

#8231 3 years ago

Default is EB at 300,000 is there any way to change that to 500,000. I couldn’t see anything in the adjustment settings that had a 300,000 connected to it.

Also, what is Auto Replay?

F02837E8-4161-4525-BEA6-FC1CD5FE3C98 (resized).jpegF02837E8-4161-4525-BEA6-FC1CD5FE3C98 (resized).jpeg
#8233 3 years ago

Okay thanks. I’m not sure how it’s even on. I can’t find the setting. I will have a look again.

I will have to add another asterix to my Grand Champion Score. It will go right beside the 5 balls.

#8252 3 years ago

Just wanted to send a shout out to Pinpickle for his help with adjusting the demo. It's PERFECT now. Not too easy but at the correct height . With mine just had to remove the spacers but some of those screws were a real pita to remove and put back. Just have to be patient. Be careful also to watch what you are doing. I put too much pressure on the screen accidentally and bent it a little, had to bend it back. Luckily it was fine. THANKS PINPICKLE!!

Glad I can help!

#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s called drop target bricking. Happens on strong hard straight on shots. Unavoidable unless you try and hit the target on the sides instead of dead on.

I thought I had an issue with mine. I brick with solid straight on shots. Drives me nuts. Glad I know it’s common.

#8288 3 years ago

Not sure how this happened or what changed but I get this shot all the time. At least once every 5 shots and I got it 3x’s in a row yesterday.

#8313 3 years ago

I know this was asked earlier but I can’t find it. My demo stopped registering hits all of a sudden. Mouth shots still work but hits don’t. Makes for some interesting battles.

Any idea how I diagnose this and fix it?

#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Start with testing the opto that is right in front of the demo head. I think it shoots through the plastic that is directly in front of the demo head. Put the game into switch test and see.

No idea what I’m doing. F@ck

I will put in a ticket with stern.

27429FC7-222F-418B-9565-9CF3A566F102 (resized).jpeg27429FC7-222F-418B-9565-9CF3A566F102 (resized).jpeg
#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This video should help too.

Incredible. Thank you for the video. Thank you Vireland as well. I had no idea opto was optical sensor. Soo awesome. I kept knocking the demo to see why it wouldn’t work.

Anyways, I got into the menu thanks to the video and it wasn’t working. I took the plastics off, gave the sensors a wipe and a wiggle and it started working. No idea what the issue was but it’s resolved and I can play cool beats like Chuck with my finger.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

81E8D76D-9DD9-448A-87CC-51AFCB68B7DF (resized).jpeg81E8D76D-9DD9-448A-87CC-51AFCB68B7DF (resized).jpeg830391F6-2F74-41B5-916C-ED7600F9BC76 (resized).jpeg830391F6-2F74-41B5-916C-ED7600F9BC76 (resized).jpeg
#8321 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet! Now you don’t have to worry about stern not responding to you timely. Haha

That was my biggest fear. Thanks again for the video Chuck.

#8381 3 years ago

Anyone ever have a restarting issue.

My pin just gets stuck on the estarting mode and it doesn’t restart. I have to turn it off an on 5 or 6 times to work. Sometimes I put the old SD card and it works instantly and then try the Clelands card.

The issue only happens with Clelands file. I have formatted the card and reflashed the Cleland file with Belenaetcher 3 times already and the issue keeps popping it’s head. I’m going to try a completely different memory card but the one I have is better than the stern one.

Any thoughts?

ABD273E6-D849-49EE-9000-09B9F0042DCB (resized).jpegABD273E6-D849-49EE-9000-09B9F0042DCB (resized).jpegEF7898F2-A252-4AB9-8863-1552CD400640 (resized).jpegEF7898F2-A252-4AB9-8863-1552CD400640 (resized).jpeg
#8384 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Don’t use Balenaetcher. It’s been covered lots in the custom JP audio thread. Use win32diskimager.

I’m on a Mac. Any other suggestions?

#8395 3 years ago

Not your fault Cleland. I will try ddutility hopefully it’s as user friendly. My kids have a Microsoft computer for school so I will try that if I have to.

#8438 3 years ago

I have stock balls. Giggity

When do you know your balls are magnetized. As a noob I have no idea what to look for. Game count?

As a replacement... titan standard shiny balls??

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Apologies if it is covered earlier in the thread. Game was working fine earlier today. I raised the playfield to put in art blades. Now when I turn on the machine, I get a recurring message "Restarting Game". It just seems to be rebooting. Over and over. Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you have the Cleland sound mod? Mine does the same periodically. Turn off and on until it loads up. If you put the original sound card back in it probably works right away.

Cleland recommends try a new SD card. I have mine flashed and sitting in my pocket. I will see how the game behaves over the next couple days.

#8491 3 years ago

Okay so my ramp opto is not working again. I’m going to replace it.

For the extra $10 I’m going to replace emitter and receiver.

Would you test them (swap with another opto) before ordering new ones or just order new ones and hop it’s the opto?

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

What a difference a day makes lol! Just installed the new ramp cover for TK , mine had the old one, (what a pain in the ass that upper left screw!) and it works perfectly now. Demo needs to be pulled and shimmed forward. I have the left scoop almost dialed in to eject to behind burn it back but it’s not quite there.[quoted image]

That’s great. No idea that you mean by pulled and shimmed forward. Not sure anyone is doing that. If your hitting low, pop it off and remove the spacers.

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone have this problem? One of my ramp targets angles down enough that half of it seems to be constantly glowing green from the Lite Lock light below it, shining on it. That messes up the projector lettering. One is worse than the other. Can the angle on these be adjusted or does this need replaced?
[quoted image]

You can adjust the projector And it will straighten it out. I don’t remember where the adjustments were but every screen has its own adjustment

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thanks Mike. Yeah definitely wanting the uv kit.

Premium all day. I have never played the pro and I’m sure it’s a ton of fun but there’s just so much going on with this projector that I couldn’t imagine staring at stickers. If it’s all I knew I would be more than happy with it.

1 week later
#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.
[quoted image]

I can’t find anywhere here that will do it. Lots of emails nothing returned. Can’t wait to see it.

#8707 3 years ago

Alright... completely unrelated to pinball.

My 12yr old son did something so bad ass today I just had to share with the community that I like so much.

I have jumped 3 times before but I’m done. He took it to another level. I apologize because it’s completely unrelated other than he’s a huge STH fan.

#8710 3 years ago

this is amazing dude! I would be so proud!
Good for you for sharing it. Best thing I've seen all day!
I think that kid is awesome!!

Thank you... lockdown has been tough on him. He needed a release. Clearly this was a part of it.

1 month later
#9934 2 years ago

Hey gals/gents, it’s been a long time since I posted. Here in Ontario we are on full lockdown and I’m spending most of my time in cottage country. That being said the only thing I miss from home is pinball. Came home for a few days and that’s what I did.

This game is phenomenal. I bought my first 2 pins at the same time. TSPP and STH. I love both themes and would only buy based on themes. Before December I probably played pinball 50 times in my life. I have GP and GNR on order and I fear I will never play them. I play STH 500 over TSPP. It’s just so smooth.

Thanks to Chuck I was dialed in early and put a bunch of mods on. Added a back playfiel led that goes to a slow heartbeat to make it a bit more intense.

Never watched a YouTube video other than Chucks and would love to get to “Light the Fire” and “Send it Back” but can’t quite get there.

After you get through total isolation and and beat the next 4 modes (2 for each side) is there anything. Or do you have to do it all again to get there? Not sure I will ever get to Final Showdown.

Got a new high score today. Almost 1.5B.

Thanks

A30AE242-FC6D-467F-85B3-8D9F0BDFEFB8 (resized).jpegA30AE242-FC6D-467F-85B3-8D9F0BDFEFB8 (resized).jpegD0124808-712E-4E06-A6E0-16E08B726352 (resized).jpegD0124808-712E-4E06-A6E0-16E08B726352 (resized).jpegF01BE25B-5ABD-49D7-BD67-EBA2F1211592 (resized).jpegF01BE25B-5ABD-49D7-BD67-EBA2F1211592 (resized).jpeg
#9938 2 years ago

Hahaha not sure what my options are other than tickets. Lol. Damn machine didn’t give me shit. For the record... I’m playing 5 balls. I’m well aware it’s not the same but I’m still trying to discover and until I hit final showdown... 5 balls it is.

#9996 2 years ago

Also put the larger ring under the ring by the launch exit..

Do you know the size of the rubber that you ordered for that post?

Quoted from fswanson24:

Great score! But isn't that in Canadian points?

LMAO Yeah, they are not worth as much. haha

#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:What kind of GC scores are you guys getting?

[quoted image]

Wow that’s goals for sure. STH is pretty much all I play. TSPP sits and watches me every day.

I get total isolation frequently and have been 1 shot from TI2 a couple times. I would love to see TI2, the 2 wizard modes and final showdown.

Just dialing in the dead catch. Not sure if that’s a thing but feels unreal when you no bounce a heater ball on the flipper then rip it where you want. This games unreal.

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just had a pretty fun session and put up a new GC. I had send it back ready to go but I couldn’t get through Operation Mirkwood(stupid add time mystery award)and the worst part about this was Final Showdown was ready after I played Send It Back ...love this pin.

Wow! Played the game 1000+ times. Was 2 shots away from second TI today. That’s as close I can get. 1.6B is GC

Don’t have the heart to YouTube spoilers. Might need to add a post between the flippers to get to your level. Lol

4 weeks later
#10821 2 years ago

It’s a great shot!!

#10848 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

PinPickle did this permanently solve your demo issue? Mine is doing the same thing. I have replaced the optos, adjusted the palstics etc, but the red light goes out after a few minutes of play and stops registering all demo hits (with exception of mouth hits or action button). Help appreciated and this greatly decreases game enjoyability and progress!

No this didn’t fix the issue. It was a quick fix and after a few plays I got the same issue. I talked to my distributor and they sent a new opto. Haven’t had an issue since.

#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks. Was it the opto transmitter on the right or the receiver on the left side of the ramp? I replaced the right opto but problem persists ):
Just curious and will try Stern support either way now. thanks

Stern sent me both sides and I just replaced them both.

4 weeks later
#11334 2 years ago

I bought a JP Premium and have played it a ton and man there are an astounding amount of different shots and the game is incredibly excited. That being said… still prefer my STH 10x’s over.

#11341 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What do you prefer that pushes it that far over JP?

Quoted from joetechbob:

Can't quite put my finger on it but I guess it feels sort of boring for lack of a better term.

Like you said… I can’t quite put my finger on it. JP has so much going on with T-Rex and in fairness I don’t completely understand the rules on JP like I do with STH. I like JP for the multiple challenging shots. There are so many different chord in comparison but I love STH for its simplicity. Obviously not simple but not as many technical shots. Huge fan of both themes. More so STH.

JP has made me a better but I just don’t find it as engaging. Once I have a better understanding of the rules I hope it will become better but I force myself to play it over STH.

2 months later
#12086 2 years ago

^^ I did the same ^^

#12089 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yes the TK lock took me two days to dial in, but that was about 4hrs over two days not 48hrs, and thats way less time than 4 weeks dialing GnR in (and other games).

I have seen you hate on GnR a couple times. I’m wondering why you didn’t like it. Are you a GnR fan at all or just wanted to try the game.

I don’t think anything will come close to STH but I’m having fun with my New JP Prem and have a GnR coming shortly. I don’t like the sounds of dialing it in for 4 weeks.

Thx

#12094 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I was drawing a comparison to dialing a new machine in for those complaining about STh Prem/Le, and saying I'm happier with this title than the one it was traded out for, I guess that's hating in Canadian!(: To answer your question I'm not a GnR fan so wasn't into playing their songs, loved the lightshow, art and music assets incorporated into the pf and thought that would be enough for me, but I'm also a fan of games with multiple ways to approach/play. At the beginning of the day it doesn't really matter what I think - opinions are like trough holes((: If you're a fan of the band I'm sure you'll love it. Stranger Things truly rocks!

I’m kind of in the same boat but I do like the band. I haven’t seen one or tried one in person. I know my wife will love it so it will be here to stay. STH Prem was my first pin and made me fall in love with pinball. Nothing else seems to compare.

#12097 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GOT was that for me. Well I already loved pinball, but that pushed me to being obsessed with it. Haha

I have seen you express your love for the game. I still haven’t tried that one either but it’s on my list. So is Walking Dead and DeadPool. Some day.

#12122 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.
[quoted image]

Any photos of your machine with the powder coating done?

#12193 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hold the flipper buttons in during attract mode.
This is the final wizard mode though. So if you don’t want to spoil it, don’t play the challenge.

I have been trying for 10 months to get to the final wizard mode. It’s so tempting to try the mini game but I just can’t do it.

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a really great mode and will be so much better if you make it there on your own. I would adjust settings to make it easier to get to the end before playing the challenge. It will still be rewarding to get there.

My settings are adjusted pretty easy.

I have reached total isolation 2 a few times but that’s about it. I’m going to wait. It will definitely be worth it.

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another thing you can do is have EBs awarded for certain scoring thresholds. Might try that too.

Great idea!

#12262 2 years ago

That UV art looks bad ass.

No chance would I attempt that. I have zero artistic ability.

Will the ink/pen eventually wear off the sides or is it there forever? Also, can you see it with the lights off? Perhaps my wife can give it a go.

Well done!!

#12304 2 years ago

Playfield swap makes me sweat just thinking about it but man that’s awesome. I would beat the shit of your current one and save the NIB playfield for years down the road. As long as gameplay isn’t effected.

#12365 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

AIQ topper is really nice. It keeps up with the gems you collect, even when you start a new game. No matter how many games it takes you, once you collect all the gems you get another multiball. It resets after you collect them all. I’ve yet to collect the purple gem since owning AIQ, so I still haven’t seen it. Haha. It’s a cool addition I guess, but I only got it for the look of it. I think it completes the look of your pins! These are my first 2 sterns and first 2 toppers. What can I say, I'm definitely a topper guy now.

AIQ wasn't on my want list but man, the more I look at a game the more I end up wanting it. I have a GNR arriving in the next two weeks and I'm still hunting for a DP and TWD. The ramps on the AIQ look great. This is a complete sickness. I love it.

#12429 2 years ago

Gents… there’s a topper for sale in marketplace If anyone is looking.

I don’t remember what I paid for mine so I can’t comment on the price.

#12431 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Got to total isolation for the first time tonight. I’m not a very good player so it was exciting haha. Had it lit two prior games and drained which was heartbreaking.

I’m in the same boat. Not that good as a new pin player. I have my setting at 5 balls and a couple other setting like having the mystery lane light up mode lanes. Im at 1000+ plays and only hit TI2 twice. Very far removed from any tournament players but it’s fun to progress in the game.

#12446 2 years ago

For those searching and thinking of powered coating or ( powdercoating for different searches)

The colour is crazy disco purple. Coin door and speaker panel will be done shortly. Probably 3-4 too many photos but when I was looking… there wasn’t enough.

I installed the Black Diamond screen as well. Check out that topic if you have any interest in my review. Love this game, wish I knew someone who got an LE at a great price. Lol

I should also thank @hemioramge09 for the great job.

255EFC06-DBA5-42EF-853E-3A176116C28D (resized).jpeg255EFC06-DBA5-42EF-853E-3A176116C28D (resized).jpeg2BAF85EC-FC4A-4AE9-A4A4-4832A54AEEA9 (resized).jpeg2BAF85EC-FC4A-4AE9-A4A4-4832A54AEEA9 (resized).jpeg418E8E0B-7FFA-46DC-B47A-67C36D7C5FF2 (resized).jpeg418E8E0B-7FFA-46DC-B47A-67C36D7C5FF2 (resized).jpeg4B05D908-7669-4E83-A432-C198C48CF0F3 (resized).jpeg4B05D908-7669-4E83-A432-C198C48CF0F3 (resized).jpeg78D714EC-339D-4A31-9D33-664715D5E000 (resized).jpeg78D714EC-339D-4A31-9D33-664715D5E000 (resized).jpeg7BEE4F86-3A1F-4904-A84B-88D9EB498CC4 (resized).jpeg7BEE4F86-3A1F-4904-A84B-88D9EB498CC4 (resized).jpegC2BAB492-9BDB-4237-8568-2676897202D7 (resized).jpegC2BAB492-9BDB-4237-8568-2676897202D7 (resized).jpeg

#12448 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

that powder coat is gorgeous. a friend of mine did their DP Pre in this midnight blue sparkle powder that looks amazing. think it'd translate well to STh

Thank you! Metallica purple was a close second.

05128AE2-65A4-4D35-B87F-553A11529A72 (resized).jpeg05128AE2-65A4-4D35-B87F-553A11529A72 (resized).jpeg
#12473 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Just not digging my topper. If anyone local (Central PA) is looking for one, I will take it off my machine and sell it at cost. Would save a few bucks on shipping.
Still love the game! Will be 2 years in January!

I felt the same way. It was my first pin and I put a topper on. I regretted it immediately. I felt that pins don’t need toppers. I ended up buying one for my JP, GnR and TSPP. If you have one you have to a have them all. I would be just as happy without them.

1 week later
#12564 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if the TK lock is disabled on the premium, the swipe a ball still works.
No plans to add to the Pro. Only possible code updates will be bug fixes, maybe add some more high score lists, and scoring adjustments possibly.

That’s one of the features I like about JP. There are high scores for everything. Would be nice to add some high scores for all the different modes. I feel like I’m always playing for grand champion and the game can be a bit more engaging if I could play for a high score in a specific mode.

#12566 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I just got a 150-170 quarter hunt recently. I need that to be immortalized. Haha

Lol. Exactly!!! Well done!!!

#12582 2 years ago

That’s awesome. However… I can’t decide what’s better. The ball being stuck there or the reflection of the back glass on the ramp. Awesome.

Anti-glare glass on the dark STH is awesome if your ever thinking about it. Won’t get amazing photos like that though.

#12584 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Just turn the backbox brightness setting down for when game is being played. I set mine to 5% on that setting

Didn’t know you can have a back glass setting got gametime.I could have saved some money on anti-glare glass if I knew.

#12612 2 years ago

I have made TI2 only a handful of times and I have a 600 plays maybe 1000. Not quite sure.

I also have my setting on easy and even changed a few other settings to make the game easier. I’m clearly not very good but it’s fun. Would love to get to the mini wizard modes or the final wizard mode.

#12619 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just have to sell out and focus on getting to the end. If all you care about is playing safe, earning EBs and even timing out ends of modes, it becomes easier.
There are too many modes to not have some sort of plan of attack.

What do you mean by timing out modes?

#12621 2 years ago

That was my first thought too but I thought the game pauses. It also doesn’t sound very fun. However, if your close to a big achievement like TI2 and you on last ball. Not a terrible idea.

3 weeks later
#12761 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t think the day would come, but my LE is sold pending pick up on 12/11. Not taking it to Pincinnati.

Wow!

1 week later
#12807 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

I see Stern released code updates for a bunch of games today. Nothing for Stranger Things. They either think they nailed it with the current code or they don't care enough about the game to update it.

I think they nailed it! Some of the games are getting a new mode. Ie. JP- Goat mode.

I got super excited when I seen all the games listed.

1 week later
#12922 2 years ago

Okay I think I got them thanks to a quick Bing search:
AIQ - Avengers
TMNT - Teenage Mutant
AFM Attack from Mars
GB Ghost busters
TAF The addams family

My suggestion is JP (Jurassic Park) there are soooooo many different technical shots. I will play JP for an hour and I feel like a sniper playing STH. JP uses all parts of the flipper and the movie code is phenomenal. It’s the only game in the lineup that pulls me away from STH. I have a DP (Deadpool) on order so can’t comment on that one yet.

#12924 2 years ago

Here’s a first… not sure why my ramp decal looks like this in the photo. It’s a clear image. Anyways…
7E6E13E2-B30A-4E73-AA12-A82E233CF1C8 (resized).jpeg7E6E13E2-B30A-4E73-AA12-A82E233CF1C8 (resized).jpeg

#12959 2 years ago

Shooter rod…

Bought the stern D&d Dice shooter rod. Have had it for a while love it. Just found out on the JP thread there are different spring strengths. My dice rod is weak and I always use the action button.

Anyone upgrade the spring??

#12964 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Use the one from the stock shooter rod.

I tried that

Quoted from dmieczko:

There are lots of factors that can affect ball launch strength. If your custom shooter rod is a bit off from the original geometry, try playing with both the internal spring and the little external spring - there are different sizes / strengths of both of these. You can get several to test from any of the pinball supply places...

I will buy a few and give that a shot

Quoted from dmieczko:

Also, check your alignment. If you replaced the entire housing, your new shooter rod might not be making contact at the exact center of the ball. If you are making off-center contact, it will be a weaker launch for sure.

I will check that out. Maybe put some chalk on the shooter rod and see where it hits the ball? Any other suggestion on how to test?

The ball barely hits the far left drop target. I don’t mind the action button but would definitely prefer the plunge.

Thanks all!

#12974 2 years ago

Thanks for all the tips/suggestions on the shooter rod alignment.

Has to be what it is. I never checked alignment after installing. I will check it out tomorrow or Friday and post photos if I can’t find a solution.

Thanks again.

#12976 2 years ago

Update, adjusted the shooter rod, I have some power back.

Thanks everyone for your help.

#12984 2 years ago

I know you get more points when you hit the demo right in the mouth. However when you go 3/3 in the mouth on what’s that… extra 50mil, extra ball, or a special call out would be nice. Rarely happens but damn sweet when it does.

#12987 2 years ago

Wow that’s awesome! I have had mine for a year and I haven’t reached Send it Back, Light the Fire, and Final Showdown yet. Total Isolation 2 a couple times is as far as I have gotten.

Well done!

#12989 2 years ago

That's a non-timed mode with 3 shots to the mouth worth 90 mil. If you have 2x scoring going it's 180 mil. I take my time and trap up to shoot the shot as my machine is very reliable from a trap. I finish that mode with the 90 or 180 more often than not. I don't need it to provide more points.

I would still like a cal out. Something like Bitch’n.

#12994 2 years ago

Well… I DID IT!

Inspired by DaddyManD I made it to Final Showdown. I actually thought I beat it. I was progressing through the levels, got to the point when Hopper said close the gate, fired a ball in the demo’s mouth, 011 yelled and then it all just stopped. I was waiting for the ball but I guess I don’t beat it. I guess I had a couple more to go.

Regardless, my heart is still pounding and it was the most fun I have ever had on a pin. Beat my GC by 1.2B.

This is was my first pin, first love, and she’s welded to the floor!

DE40909B-DEBD-4CCF-8204-5208ED8900BC (resized).jpegDE40909B-DEBD-4CCF-8204-5208ED8900BC (resized).jpeg

#12998 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. You got the bug. Should’ve went to snowball dance next. Nice work though!!
165 combos is insane!!!

My previous was 85. I couldn’t miss. So damn fun. How do I rid myself of this bug?

Quoted from cleland:

And in Snowball dance...you would heard Every Breath You Take if you are running my sound mod

Damn right I’m running your soundmod!! Also is snowball dance a mode or a finish sequence?

#13028 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Good work
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c11895c4307f1722e7008ce34d173c9ac45a08c4-1639976477-1800"};
//]]>

Damn I need to play mine more …. Nowhere near a Showdown yet

Thank you, Total Isolation 2 was the best I was getting after a year. Just got lucky this time. So fun.

Quoted from Leechman:

Just joined the club today finally! Picked this baby up from a great guy up in Minnesota, thanks vitty! My family loves the series so pretty excited to put some time on this one for sure
[quoted image]

Congratulations!

Quoted from BradyScribbles:

Finally put my LE #107 together yesterday and had some great games last night with the wife. Going to instal UV kit today. We were getting a lot of air balls/glass hits; was there ever a solution to this? I would think you want to keep the flipper strength up so you can still make the TK lock…
[quoted image]

Congrats! Keep the flipper strength up. I would get some flipper fans from PinMonk too. Post a video of your demo shot. If your aiming for the mouth, and your missing low, you need to adjust it. Hitting the glass doesn’t necessarily mean you need to adjust it. If your not getting better results… take the glass off, trap the ball and video some of the ball strikes. Many of us didn’t have to remove the spacers and lower the demo.

#13036 2 years ago
E75F65F4-A908-4E4B-BCA3-7B77C4B97586 (resized).jpegE75F65F4-A908-4E4B-BCA3-7B77C4B97586 (resized).jpeg
#13072 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me, the final showdown bug fix is worth the upgrade. And Cleland is updating his code as we speak.

A week too late!

That’s okay, nice to have the fix.

#13169 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Well....it took 18 months but I finally got to Final Showdown. Only got to stage 5 and didn’t finish it to see if I have the Snowball Dance bug but finally got there. All those that think the game is too easy can kiss my ass.

Hahaha yeah it is! Congrats!

#13200 2 years ago

My now 11yr old daughter who is absolutely obsessed with the show has been binging the seasons for a 12/13th time. She can recite 80% of the series. Anyways, I walk through the house and hear a call out from Clelands code and I immediately say “lock is lit” or some other call out Cleland has. However whenever am the TK multi ball van flip shows up… instant goosebumps. Greatest pin ever created! My first pin, my first love and love every aspect of this machine.

#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My now 11yr old daughter who is absolutely obsessed with the show has been binging the seasons for a 12/13th time. She can recite 80% of the series. Anyways, I walk through the house and hear a call out from Clelands code and I immediately say “lock is lit” or some other call out Cleland has. However…. whenever the TK multi ball van flip shows up on the tv or iPad … instant goosebumps. Greatest pin ever created! My first pin, my first love and love every aspect of this machine.

#13317 2 years ago

After doing some reading and searching on pinside it appears that the Le's that come with the 4 ohm Kenwood's also have the 8 ohm audio setting in the menu. I'm going to give that a try and see if it improves anything cuz the audio really is crappy at 4 ohm

Keep us posted.

#13346 2 years ago

balls didn't look TOO bad but i changed em out after 1019 plays anyway
a little over 11 plays a day since it came home. is that good? bad? i have no idea. probably 3/4 of them are mine

Anyone know when you should replace them?

#13456 2 years ago

Sorry for a sideways post but I would like to ask my STH brotherin in hopes my trader doesn’t see it.

I have a RUSH LE confirmed and paid order. I was going to keep it but I got a 2 for 1 offer. The 2 games that are offered are the really the only two other games on my want list. (Havent played either)

My :Rush Le
Their: TWD Pro, DP Pro Both have under 625 plays.

I think it’s a no brainer, have to do it, but would appreciate opinions from you all.

I have had a bunch of offers to sell outright but not looking to “flipper” profit. Other guy is Canadian (like me) drummer and huge Rush fan.

Thoughts?

(Again sorry for the left turn)

#13464 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If those are the two games you really want and you don’t have any interest (long term) in the Rush pin, they why hesitate at all? It does seem like a no brainer. Go for it!

Quoted from Flake:

If you’re not dead set on the LE and would be happy with a premium now or down the line this seems like a fantastic deal to me

Quoted from Happy81724:

No brainer…I’ve down graded a couple of LEs to pros and I don’t miss them at all. Those are two super fun ones too

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No brainer. I turned my STH LE into two stern pros too. All day every day!

Awesome! I thought the same thing! Thank you!

2 weeks later
#13851 2 years ago

I have been building a house for the last 18months and we finally moved in.

Simple arcade room isn't quite ready to show off but our door came in and I figured Stranger Things Fans would get a kick out of the etching.

IMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#14858 1 year ago

It’s been a looooong time since I posted. Almost 1000 posts since I clicked on the thread. Still my favorite game and I see chuckwurt is still the man helping people out.

Question… does stern insider connected work with cleland’s mod? Have a new DP with IC and I really like it. Never thought I would but it would breath some new life in this unreal pin.

#14863 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Pro Version of my sound mod has been working fine with Insider Connected. Premium and LE is another story I'm still trying to figure out.

Thanks Cleland, I will hold off on ordering. I can play DP without the movie code but no chance I’m going stock on STH.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 week later
#14951 1 year ago

Just binged the 1st 6 episodes.

Unreal!!

#14965 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I couldn't get that song out of my head the last 2 days. It was gone til you mentioned it.

That songs on constant repeat with my kids. I love how they are digging the 80's tunes. I absolutely love the show and it's my 11year olds favourite. This show is the reason I got into pinball and now we have 5 pins. Damn show is expensive but worth it. Thankful it brought me to this amazing hobby.

1 month later
#15418 1 year ago

I would pay Pirates money for a season 3,4,5 re-creation

1 week later
#15485 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to put jalapeño poppers on my next burger.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!

#15597 1 year ago

Agreed, moving picture is an entirely different level and experience. People complaining they don’t like the premium because it’s ugly when off is ridiculous.

It’s a new dimension and worth every penny. That being said if you can’t get a premium, get a pro. The game is 10/10 for me and nothing come close. Haven’t played TWD or GOT yet chuckwurt so my rating stays the same until then.

1 month later
#15965 1 year ago

Haven’t posted in a while. Kids met a bunch of the STH cast this weekend at Fanexpo in Toronto (Canadas comic-con) Eddie Munson, Mike, Vecna, and Chrissy were there. It’s astounding the money Eddie made. I played an LE (so good) came home played my premium… record ball 1 for me…

$894 shmill

53C525E2-4078-4591-93B6-5D55E86A4E1A (resized).jpeg53C525E2-4078-4591-93B6-5D55E86A4E1A (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#16020 1 year ago

I think there would be lots of interest. Myself included.

#16022 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Your name cracks me up. Just sayin’
Lol

Hahaha I’m glad

2 weeks later
#16131 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:I appreciate it. Yeah, the feature is on. And agree, it is the actuator arm itself after the ramp. I will go through the steps outlined =)
But happy to snap a picture of the back left corner of my game lol

Like what SonOfaDiddly said, your best to look at key posts. Certain photos would help with ball distance but generally the won’t tell the full story. There’s a couple little things to adjust. Be patient; it’s a bit of a pain in the ass.

#16136 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

Where is the ball supposed to end up after a top speed burn it back loop. If our ball goes around top speed you have to hold the left flipper up or it will drain, then it bounces straight up and drains.
I moved the metal guide but it didn’t seem to help much. Curious if there is spot it is supposed guide to.
Thanks

Same here, middle flipper. Some times you can get on a roll and rip a few in a row. So fun

#16210 1 year ago

It has taken a very very long time to source but I’m happy to say I have joined the party! Again.

Been looking for an LE for quite some time since I knew this masterpiece would never leave my collection. Finally found one and I couldn’t be happier.

I’m going to miss my first born child and I hope he likes his new home but man this suckers a beauty!!
066243F6-E71A-436A-BB32-BDA2019BFB58 (resized).jpeg066243F6-E71A-436A-BB32-BDA2019BFB58 (resized).jpeg

#16212 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice upgrade! I’ve done the same with GOT. Had pro for years, now premium. One day LE.

Nice! I know GOT it’s one of your favs. Still haven’t tried it. Love the theme.

#16218 1 year ago

I would take you up on that in a second. Not a fan of Simpsons but the family loves it.

#16228 1 year ago

I would love a a season 3-5 version. Even if it was just a re-skinned version of the original.

1 week later
#16403 1 year ago

Enjoy! Best game out there.

#16424 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

or this :
[quoted image]
happends when i get a 2nd hand replacement CPU for my TWD, still with the ACDC code on it

HAHAHA

1 week later
#16487 1 year ago

Had a screen decal fall off. Put a new one on and the replacement fell off. I’m guess I really need to get the bit of residue off the target.

Recommendations?

BBDA7B16-8B98-4507-91E6-9E0A88F1CB12 (resized).jpegBBDA7B16-8B98-4507-91E6-9E0A88F1CB12 (resized).jpeg
#16490 1 year ago

Thank you.

2 weeks later
#16673 1 year ago

Nothing would be greater than a Stranger Things II pin and it had Season 3/4/5. Make a pin for every damn season. Woo!

3 weeks later
#16814 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Going to put a few cup holders in my gameroom. Any creative people come up with a cool idea for a fitting cup holder? Only one I saw on here was a one with a Welcome to Hawkins sticker.

So many cup holder ideas. I went with Pin-pimp cup holders. Clear, lighted and you can have them match your speaker lights. Many mounting options too. I don’t have photos of mine but here’s a link to his thread…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-drink-holder-cups-for-pinball-arcade-machine-/page/5#post-6241496

1 week later
#16860 1 year ago

Just ordered a set. Great addition to the mod.

#16879 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Had a game this afternoon where I'd completed the demodog modes, played S2 wizard mode, had S1 wizard mode lit and also had the final demogorgon mode lit. Started the demogorgon mode and upon completion where it drains all the balls, it sat showing my mode score and then...slowly froze to a halt and eventually a reboot.
Had about 4 BIBs until another extra ball too. Would likely have made it to the final wizard mode for the first time (if I avoided the S1 wizard mode crash as well).
This is probably the biggest reason this game's days are numbered in my game room.

That’s ultra frustrating. I have been there. I beat the final wizard mode and I was one of the machines with the snowball dance bug. Sold my premium. Bought an LE. Still the best game ever.

I’m assuming your code is updated?

#16908 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

What is it with the mode timers in this game? Seems like they take twice as long to countdown compared to other games and the default "add time" on the mystery shot just compounds it. First Demodog mode..."hit the targets"...my brain says:
.[quoted image]

Thank you. That was F’n funny

#16919 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Nice! Let us know how you get on trying to find a projector and mounting it etc

I don't know if the pro will have the cutout for a the projector on the apron but I believe there would be a ton of aprons floating around. The UV kit on the Pre/LE comes with a new apron.

#16936 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Can't remember who it was in .. the Godzilla thread(?) who mentioned using vinyl car wraps instead of powder coating, but my thanks to them...
Wrapped my lockdown bar and sides in a $19 roll of Vvivid+ gloss Psycho Purple. Not perfect, but it's certainly a low cost alternative to powder coating.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
First image was before I wiped that smudge away and wrapped the sides. Lighting's not the greatest in the third image, but up close it sparkles pretty brilliantly. Recommended!

Wow that’s very interesting! Lock down and side rails should be easy and they look incredible! Many more options with wraps.

Coin-door and speaker panel are a challenge but I love the ingenuity. I had my car wrapped 4 years ago. Love it.

#16967 1 year ago

VAULT baby lets go!!!!

Seasons 3/4/5 would be unreal!

#16971 1 year ago

if they did they it wouldn't be a vault, it'd be a sequel

Well that’s just fine too.

#16972 1 year ago

Finally had a chance to dial in my “new to me” pin. It’s been a couple years since I did it to mine.

Tk lock, Demogorgan spacers, burn it back saucer we’re all out of wack. only took about an hour but it’s remarkable how much it changes the gameplay. Having to bash the Demogorgan to death is exhausting.

3 weeks later
#17073 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the burn back saucer?

Sorry for the delay. Been on vacation, too much tequila.

If you look at chucks video watch around the 2:30 mark.

#17074 1 year ago

Speaking of Chuck… if there was an twipy award for community member I would vote for Chuck. He started this thread years ago, has long sold his stranger things, and continues to help everyone out.

From all of us, thanks chuckwurt

1 week later
#17152 1 year ago

Morse code… shooting pops all day. Wish I had insider connected the first 1500 games I played.

1 week later
#17161 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Pinball newbie question - Can anyone explain like I’m 5 how to adjust the outlane posts? I tried looking for videos online but didn’t find anything. Searching for threads resulted in suggestions ranging from screwing them out to using pliers to pull them out and even one person saying to hammer them out….…I took a look at mine today and it looks like there’s a hex nut with washer. Do they come out/go back in easily after I take the washer and nut off? Or is there something more? Any tips, tricks, wise words? Thanks

Get the nut off the post underneath the playfield and give the post a little tug from the top of the playfield. It may not budge because you’re afraid to pull to hard but that’s okay. It will feel stuck because the wood has possibly expanded a bit so the post feels stuck. You can try to continue to use a hex tool to un-screw it (from the top of the playfield) to back it out. That will work sometimes. Other times you need to push from underneath. You don’t necessarily need a hammer so try the back-end of a screwdriver and give it a tap from the underside. It will help push it out.

That may not be the exact way to do it but it’s worked for me multiple times.

3 weeks later
#17272 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The biggest aspect of getting the TK lock working for me was wiping down the ramp, diver, and backboard with Novus1. The ball travels twice as fast after doing that, and for sure it is not going to reject. 4 months later when the ramp gets slow again, get the Novus1 out again.

Agreed. Crazy how fast the ball moves on a fresh clean.

#17286 1 year ago

Agreed. Especially with the Demo battles. Absolute must have.

#17308 1 year ago

I placed an order. Next time my TK starts acting up, I will give it a go.

4 weeks later
#17440 1 year ago

For those Stranger Things series fans out there… I’m sure there’s a few.

Had a chance to visit the Stranger Things Experience in Toronto (in other cities as well) and we were blown away.

I thought it was a bit more of a shopping thing but it was an actual experience very immersive, actors played a major roll in it and I highly recommend it if you can get to one. Finally got the chance to play a pro too.

Photos were not allowed in the actual experience but it felt like I was at Universal Studios. These photos are from the room after the experience.

Go if you can.
048F88A0-CD5A-4A8C-864A-03194E15F80E (resized).jpeg048F88A0-CD5A-4A8C-864A-03194E15F80E (resized).jpeg613816A7-5D1F-4A16-B369-CC3453D94826 (resized).jpeg613816A7-5D1F-4A16-B369-CC3453D94826 (resized).jpeg86C67A9A-DE21-4FD4-A973-246F7163CFCA (resized).jpeg86C67A9A-DE21-4FD4-A973-246F7163CFCA (resized).jpegCCE9D47B-9FA9-414F-BFBC-295351C7EAA1 (resized).jpegCCE9D47B-9FA9-414F-BFBC-295351C7EAA1 (resized).jpegDD4FE24E-9C53-4FBB-A8EA-1C7FFEF4D351 (resized).jpegDD4FE24E-9C53-4FBB-A8EA-1C7FFEF4D351 (resized).jpeg

8861D9FC-E4FD-4291-BA14-C356235D0D0D (resized).jpeg8861D9FC-E4FD-4291-BA14-C356235D0D0D (resized).jpegCE390ED4-FB26-49FD-9AFD-5BB7C334BB56 (resized).jpegCE390ED4-FB26-49FD-9AFD-5BB7C334BB56 (resized).jpeg
#17484 1 year ago

As cleland stated. Remove the stuff in the back. I wouldn’t reduce flipper power.

That’s happened to me 1 in 1000 times but only on a wicked whip off the flipper.

First things first… remove any homemade spacers, then check the pitch and right/left level. Seems odd.

1 week later
#17527 1 year ago

Keep us posted.

3 months later
#17799 8 months ago

Would having signed LE back glass by Milly Bobby Brown devalue a pin?

My kids are meeting her and one of my kids isn’t into autographs. I thought of getting her to sign the translite.

The odds of me ever selling the game are less than 1%.

#17803 8 months ago

I was thinking the same thing. I will get it done.

#17825 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To break up the monotony of the 9-5 bro.

hahaha

Thanks Chuck, you owe me the sip of beer I just spit. Canadian beer please.

I have had Medisinyl mod in my room for 2 months. I need to install it. Looks so good.

1 week later
#17833 8 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Well the writing is on the wall now. With the 30th anniversary edition of Jurassic Park LE being announced, I now anticipate Stern is going to pull the same crap and release a new version of Stranger Things LE.
This pisses me off because I own both titles and paid a crazy premium for Stranger Things LE.

I have been following this religiously. Regardless, nobody knows shit.

One thing for certain is they won’t release an original LE. It may be a vault and likely a pro.

I owned a premium, sold it for an LE, I welcome another version and I hope it’s a Premium. This pin is my fav and I would buy a premium or pro vault unseen in a second.

And like you… I paid JJP Pirates price for my LE but that’s fine cause it will never go anywhere… EVER.

1 week later
#17862 8 months ago

Joined the club NIB a little after the game was released. 2 years+ and I can’t stop playing this game.

It was my first pin and many have come and gone (GnR, JP, TWD) to name a few.

Beating a dead horse here but I find this game absolutely perfect in every way.

Few thousand games so far and I still can’t get enough.

#17894 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was added just before 1.00. So when you lock balls on the magnet for TK MB. Let’s say you have two up there. If you play any other MB like a demo MB or a total isolation Mb, the button will flash Blue on the lockbar.
If you drain out of the MB, you can hit the lockbar button to release the balls on the backboard and get your MB restarted.
Now if you do this; you have to relock balls for TK MB. So that’s the risk reward part.

If you don’t lock balls on the back wall and have virtual balls saved, swipe a ball still works. They just get auto plunged.

#17897 8 months ago

I use swipe a ball when my ball is draining in trap’em as well. It gives me whatever I have locked. Could be 1 magnet and 1 virtual, 2 virtual, 2 magnet. Total balls locked regardless of the combination.

To lock is great but backhanding that ramp is so easy when lock isn’t lit. Can’t do it when lit.

#17902 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Which code version are you running? It gave me 5 balls total in play with 2 virtual locks with V1.08...

Same code. I usually have 2 balls locked. I will double check tomorrow and see if I get 5 balls. I’m certain I dont but I could be wrong.

Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all. I have the cleland code (1.05 iirc) and I love it. I would like to add IC if possible. Any chance it will mess anything up? I’ve read a lot on the subject but im just a little unsure about adding ic when I already have the cleland code installed

Cleland sent you the info on the 1.08. IC works fantastic and so does hometeam.

#17903 8 months ago

Question… posted it on the mod thread but figured many of you (looking at you Chuck lol) may know the answer.

Question…
The medysinyl mod plugs into CN6. I currently have the PCB splitter connected with speaker lights and I’m not sure what else.

The glowing wall doesn’t light up when plugged into a the splitter board. Anyone have this issue? Any suggestions??

Electricity is a weak point for me but if someone has a solution that would be great.

Mod works perfect connected directly to CN6 not the splitter.

IMG_9565 (resized).jpegIMG_9565 (resized).jpegIMG_9579 (resized).jpegIMG_9579 (resized).jpeg
#17909 7 months ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

If you get add a ball via mystery during trap em you have 3 balls going, then if you press the action button you can add 2 more locked balls via swipe a ball. 5 balls. Easy Peasy.
[quoted image]

Thats right.

#17930 7 months ago

Couple things…

1) I have a weird issue. Think it started after I installed the Medisynl set. Any shot up the left TK ramp that doesn’t stick to the wall.

(Rejects that come back down the ramp or shots that make it through the mech and hit the stopper)

The left orbit (Lucas Bike) registers as a hit. Not the ramp.

Any thoughts on what to look at?

2) hit an achievement today on IC (lure dart in order) decided to look online because I never really cared about IC. It opens a whole new world of challenges and I can’t wait to try to complete them. What a great addition.

Yes I know I’m a year late on that observation .

1 week later
#17947 7 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone find that on a longer game the TK lock is less reliable? I pulled a 2B game tonight and on the 3rd TK Multiball none of the balls locked on the wall but on the first it reliably locks a good 2/3
First time I’ve got this far lol

Do you have flipper fans? Could be flipper fade where the power in your shots are not as strong. I haven’t noticed it yet. 2B great game!

2 weeks later
#17972 6 months ago

Order spots were open? Anyone have proof on that. Opened it up and didn’t tell anyone. Including insiders? Fake news?

#17985 6 months ago

Pro and Premiums. Just looks like a re-run. That’s too bad.

#18015 6 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I think it's great that the club is growing! The only people upset by this news are the "pinvestors" that expect to make money off of every pinball purchase.

I think it's great as well!

#18018 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is any one still selling those Ambient Light Rejecting Screen Kits for stranger things?

Not sure they are around anymore. I had one on my Premium, decided against it when I replaced it with an LE. Definitely not worth it for the pops/ramps so if you get one only do the main screen.

For what it's worth... I had both pins for a few weeks side by side and I didn't see the need to get another one and I'm an A/V enthusiast. I actually had that screen in my theater year ago.

#18024 6 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Must have been a low quality material. While I haven't checked if the screen mentioned in my DIY thread is still available, it makes an incredible night and day difference, including the drops and ramps. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

I didn't have the darkstar 9. That definitely looks better than the Screen Innovations Black Diamond material I was using.I also did the compare when I moved. My my new arcade has no ambient light and the quality of the picture looked much better on the white screen. I will order that Darkstar and see if there is any improvement.

Would be interesting to see what stern updated.

#18037 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They’ve been done for the new game. What they did specifically, I have no idea.
Kaneda isn’t the only person that knows ppl.
Also. The new projector is not backwards compatible.

Interesting... that's too bad its not backwards compatible. I'm sure it will be attempted and hopefully someone finds a solution.

I'm looking forward to seeing the tk lock fix as well as the other improvements. Exciting.

#18041 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully cleland can work his magic too!

hahaha poor guy just got through the updates. And then the updates to GOTG

1 month later
#18406 5 months ago
Quoted from Mackpinzie:

Rewatching the series in anticipation of the machine. It's a travesty season 3 and even moreso season 4 isn't in the game.

Agreed

#18437 5 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

First I’ve heard of a Q4 2024 run of Stranger Things pro and Premium, where did you get that info?

No confirmed, speculated if there is demand for it. ZMeny mentioned it on his most recent podcast.

#18443 5 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Everyone says the shaker is not too active in STh. The premium has the demogorgon shaking, so that's enough for me.

The shaker use in this game is fantastic.

2 weeks later
#18706 5 months ago

There’s a lot of talk about buying projectors, and needing to cool them down so they don’t fail.

I have been in this thread a long time and this doesn't appear to be an issue. Many people have had this game on route for years and haven’t had an issue.

Want to buy a spare… fine but I don’t think you will need it. My pin is bolted for life and I said that 2 years ago. I haven’t bought a replacement projector and don’t have plans too.

Can it happen, sure anything can fail but it has never been an issue with the original run.

#18747 4 months ago

well, for what it is worth... I ordered the topper to go with my new premium... I might becoming a topper guy!
send help.

I wish I wasn’t a topper guy. Seriously. Having to source alternatives (GOTG) are a pain in the ass.

If you don’t have any OCD tendencies then getting a one off is fine. To me… if you’re in you’re all in. Hence the pain in the ass. Lol

1 week later
#18993 4 months ago

Cleland will be done after his next fix. Guys worked his a$$ off all the updates must be driving him nuts.

Use another SD card with the current code if you want to get the achievements. You can always go back.

I hope the TKLock on the new premiums works great for all the new buyers. Glad stern corrected this for you guys. It’s such an amazing feature.

#19007 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Good idea just donated cleland love your work

Well done my man!

#19009 4 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Seems like most had shots too low, and needed to lower the mouth. Mine is too high so I need to raise it?
I believe I saw Chuck say somewhere his issue was shots too high on his also. Curious exactly what helped resolve his? Larger spacers to raise it up?

Lowering your flipper power will work. Perhaps Stern has these flippers jack to make sure the premiums don’t have any TK issues.

1 week later
#19537 4 months ago

Holy moly! Haven’t checked the thread in a week and I’m 5 pages back. Love it.

Welcome to club everyone. I see chuckwurt is still offering help to everyone. You’re the man Chuck.

The OG guys spent countless hours dialing in the demo and TK and it’s unreal to get it settled. Glad you guys don’t have the same pain.

Enjoy this pin! Theme, Integration (thanks to @cleland) make this an absolute masterpiece

Happy flipping everyone! Love the excitement!!

1 week later
#20089 3 months ago

That was the code name

#20090 3 months ago

PinMonk

Great write up on the drop target spring adjustment!!!

I may try that on my original run.

#20093 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the original run have target bricking issues? I don't remember that on the Pro I had.

I brick enough to notice. Thought it came with the territory when you have drop targets mid playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.