(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#319 2 years ago

Did photos of the BSE ever end up being shown anywhere? I have only seen the error photos that were posted by mistake and immediately taken down.

#330 2 years ago

I'm in for a Halloween BSE! (I can't fit toppers in my basement). I got in on AMH and RZ early, but haven't bought a Spooky game since. I have been waiting for them to finally do a classic horror movie theme. Can't wait for this one... but that's all I can do now.

#375 2 years ago

Here's the mockups Spooky posted of the BSE and SE models.

!cid_462877f0-11af-431c-9f79-b29a80d2ebea (resized).jpg!cid_462877f0-11af-431c-9f79-b29a80d2ebea (resized).jpg!cid_8f4158c5-8786-4daa-aa44-2cbab303459d (resized).jpg!cid_8f4158c5-8786-4daa-aa44-2cbab303459d (resized).jpg!cid_dd97d262-2f53-46d2-8cce-b21d35ff6572 (resized).jpg!cid_dd97d262-2f53-46d2-8cce-b21d35ff6572 (resized).jpg!cid_789785fd-5890-45a1-966f-5815500d62c9 (resized).jpg!cid_789785fd-5890-45a1-966f-5815500d62c9 (resized).jpg
#423 2 years ago

Man, did everyone order a CE? It doesn't seem like too many people ordered a BSE or SE. I keep thinking about upgrading from BSE to CE, but then I'd have to remove the topper before I could even set it up because of my low ceilings and the game doesn't even say 'Halloween' anywhere but the topper on the CE.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That's why I think Friday the 13th is a superior franchise as a whole.

The F13 franchise is better than the Halloween or Night on Elm Street franchises, imo. Nearly all of the F13 movies are good to great, with 3, 4 and 6 being my favorites. Parts 5 and 9 are probably the weakest, with 9 being the only one I just don't like. With Halloween, really only the first 3 movies in the franchise are good, and they go steadily down hill from there (I haven't seen the 2018 reboot yet). With Nightmare on Elm Street, really only 1 and 3 are good, though I suppose some of the other ones have their moments too. Really, it's amazing that F13 managed to stay entertaining across so many movies.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

III was going to be the start of different Halloween movies. Fans stirred up a fuss and wanted Michael back. Fans won.

Spot on, LTG. I think the fatal mistake was in making part II a continuation of the same story and THEN shifting gears for part III. If they intended to make every Halloween movie a different story, they should have done a different story for II and it probably would have worked.

#653 2 years ago

I'm just hoping to have my game by Halloween... 2022!

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Thats how I'm preparing for it as well. I may be borderline insane for thinking this, but if it arrives earlier I may keep it in storage and debut it October 1st 2022.

Not a bad idea! Unfotunately for me, I am sure everyone I play pin with will already have played this game to death by the time I get mine. I can only hope that they aren't already bored with it by then. I'm busting it out as soon as possible.

1 week later
#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe your distributor will be asked to collect tax and pass that to Spooky if you live in one of those states.

Spooky is selling wholesale to the distro. It's up to the distro whether or not to collect tax for a particular state.

1 week later
#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Holy crap! I never knew my 8 year old laptop had an HDMI out, but it does. (don't ask, I'm cheap)

That's how I'm reading pinside right now. I have an old laptop that is more or less a permanent media player for the tv.

#1438 2 years ago

The audio and the lighting is badass. The shots look great. It looks like Spooky has hit full stride with this release. I am more psyched than ever!

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Video assets shown on Halloween were disappointing.

Hopefully just early code. Look forward to seeing more movies clips and sounds integrated better into game play moments.

Agreed. I wasn't concerned until I saw UM, which I thought looked much further along with the animations and light shows. Then Bug said they were both at about the same point in code development. I hope he was just referring to the rules and not the player feedback and asset use. I know they mentioned there's a lot more to be added still, but I do think Halloween is a difficult theme to translate into pinball, so I wouldn't say that what was shown makes me feel better about it exactly.

I did love the remixed John Carpenter tunes that were used. The music was a concern of mine until I saw this. More variety would still go a long way, though.

#1572 2 years ago

There's an awful lot of Halloween spots up for sale in the marketplace today.

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pitting these two games against eachother sucks. Especially at this point, neither game is finished and it really honestly and simply comes down to this. Do you like slashers / horror? Then buy HWN. Do you love Kaiju, then buy UM. I will also say that both games exhibit some shrill sound effects ie: the sling sound on UM / the repetitive stabbing synth score in house mode HWN. Spooky will be addressing issues and add TONS more shit to BOTH games. So, everyone chill and be glad your on board.

It's as if the UM buyers think there's somehow something to be gained by trashing Halloween. As if that's somehow going to elevate UM in the court of public opinion. If Halloween sinks, both games will sink. We're all on this crazy train together, like it or not.

1 week later
#1904 2 years ago

I had been second guessing my decision to order a BSE instead of a CE due to my low ceilings. I'm thinking now that the BSE is going to be worth the wait. The iridescent black powdercoat will look better than the gold. The title will look better in that negative space on the backglass than on the topper. Stuff like the speaker grill covers and knives can be easily added. This is just my own aesthetic preference. I'm sure the CE will continue to be the most desirable model.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

1st game, got a few multiballs and defeated Michael. Trying to control balls during multiball on the main playfield and upper playfields is hard and fun. 1st impressions are really good game is fun, playfields look amazing.

'el space'... Spanish for... 'the space'!

el_nino (resized).jpgel_nino (resized).jpg
#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Seems a tad unfair (I know boo hoo poor me) that I got in line all be it at the end of it, and am patiently waiting but someone today could possibly buy a machine and get their machine several months before me but buying after me... kinda feels like cutting the line.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time. On a past game, I had ordered direct early on. MONTHS later, I was talking the game up to a friend and he decided to pre-order one too, but went through a distro. He ended up getting his game 2 days before me and invited to me to his release party. I don't talk up my pre-orders so much any more.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The hearse was $3k — that was paid for with 3x butter savings on my Spooky pins.

And the memories? Priceless!

Nice coach! I have a '60 caddy.

P1010035 (resized).jpgP1010035 (resized).jpg
#2103 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure there was at least 1 or 2 JLC clips from the movie shown in the Jack Danger stream. I don't think this will be an issue.

#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Still waiting to see somebody receive a Halloween and post it and the number. My number is so far back it would be nice to see some production from Spooky.

RebelGuitars picked up his game from SFGE over the weekend. They are just starting to get games in people's hands.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/42#post-6457915

1 week later
#2334 2 years ago

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but Marco did a nice look under the hood on Halloween. A lot of good info here.

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So is there anywhere to order one of these still in the US? See in Canada you can still order the CE but I was hoping for a standard just cause my wife is gonna kill me if I buy this. Nitro only ships to CA correct? Im in FL. Seems all US distros are out.

It may also be worth checking with Kingpin games. He had a few spots available a couple weeks or so ago, though they were likely also for CE's.

2 weeks later
#2550 2 years ago

K man is ok in small doses, but he is a bit of a price pumper. He has been down on Halloween from the beginning. Since he bought into Ultraman, he's become like those guys in the UM threads who can't help but to keep repeating how they are so awesome for buying a cool theme like UM instead of a stupid theme like Halloween. The chances of him now giving Halloween a glowing review were slim to none no matter what.

#2670 2 years ago

One night away from Pinside and this thread exploded and there is a mass sell off in the market place... Based on the comments here, I am not even going to watch the new stream. I knew buying this game was a big risk going in, but I had been waiting for a horror movie theme since I got into pinball. Otherwise, I would have waited on the sidelines. I hate having to impulse buy these games based on so little information. If I had to bet from the beginning, I would have predicted that this game would be a dud. You know why? Because it's a Spooky game and I got in on it! It's doomed from the start. Every NIB game I buy ends up being the latest game getting bashed by everyone around the pinball water cooler. I bought AMH and RZ and those games are worth less today than they sold for new and are pretty much universally panned. So I took a break from Spooky NIB and missed out on TNA and R&M which have both exploded in popularity. Now I've been lured back in by a killer theme and things are looking grim once again. So, sorry guys, my bad! Seriously though, I don't know how this game is going to ultimately turn out, but I am exhausted with the drama. I feel like it's off to a slippery start, whether it's deserved or not.

#2862 2 years ago

Marco Specialties had done a great interview with Spooky a few weeks back where they went over all of the hardware inside a Halloween. Now it looks like the video has been taken down. Anyone know why or if it will be re-posted?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/47#post-6475723

1 week later
#3302 2 years ago

So, what happens if you hold the flipper up when the ball ejects from the lifter? Does it have enough momentum to pass to the other flipper, or do you need to flip to save the ball?

#3437 2 years ago

He did say 'Since BSD'.

1 week later
#3638 2 years ago

True horror fans like Halloween III. This is actually a good litmus test I use, because the unitiated will always jump to saying Halloween III sucks because 'it doesn't even have Michael Myers in it!'. For example, my co-workers who have horrible taste in movies (they thought Ghostbusters 2016 was better than the original, FFS, and thought Jaws was dumb because the 'shark looked so fake') argued that Halloween III was garbage, while every single horror movie or film buff that I know thinks Halloween III is one of the best entries in the series. It's a well constructed and original horror story that has withstood the test of time.

1 week later
#3731 2 years ago

I just played a dozen games on Halloween. I thought the feel of the flippers and the shots were great. This is hands down the best shooting Spooky game. The code clearly needs a lot of TLC, but the foundation for this game is solid. The modes not timing out doesn't seem right. At times, no inserts were lit on the playfield and I had no idea what to shoot for. For the lifters, I thought the returns from the upper playfield were a bit long, but the hedge shots were fine. It has just enough of a surprise element to keep you on your toes, raising the tension. The theming is pretty spot on and I'm looking forward to playing this one in the dark.

8 months later
#4075 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Have spooky built any BSE's yet?

No, but they expect to have CEs completed within the next 2 months, and then onto the BSE's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=Betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.