(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 82.
#1551 2 years ago

Regarding the delay between the ball dropping into a scoop and a ball being served to the flipper: I wonder if the three musical cues that occur are to cover the length of the delay or the cause of it.

If it's the latter, easy adjustment would be to drop or speed up a cue (or two) and/or reduce the gaps in between.

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Regarding the delay between the ball dropping into a scoop and a ball being served to the flipper: I wonder if the three musical cues that occur are to cover the length of the delay or the cause of it.
If it's the latter, easy adjustment would be to drop or speed up a cue (or two) and/or reduce the gaps in between.

I was wondering if there was no way to have a ball staged and ready to go so you dont have to wait so long for it to get to your flipper once it starts its arduous journey from the upper playfields on down.

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I was wondering if there was no way to have a ball staged and ready to go so you dont have to wait so long for it to get to your flipper once it starts its arduous journey from the upper playfields on down.

Bug said during the broadcast they were working on ball staging, but it wasn’t ready to be implemented in time for last nights stream.

#1554 2 years ago

I believe the animator chimed in during the stream and said he had a bunch more for Spooky to include in the next code v

Quoted from djsolzs:

Can you comment on animations? It didn’t seem that far along is that fair to say?

#1555 2 years ago

SpookyLuke NightMutilator consider having initial gameplay video be staring through the clown mask eye holes walking around with the very loud heavy breathing, while the player wanders around the pf hitting things trying to get into the house, or until a mode is started. Or maybe that could be the video mode once you enter the house. Then you could do the other video modes upon entering the house later. I would love to see the video put on the clown mask right when I push the start button.

Assuming you don't have all that lined up for implementation

#1556 2 years ago

To me it has good bones! Hopefully it will have a great code with good video assets.
Also the mod people can fix the lighting.
I like spooky trying new things. Keep it up!
Also Spooky don’t listen to these old pinheads
Trying to get every pin be the same ! Innovation baby !

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

To me it has good bones! Hopefully it will have a great code with good video assets.
Also the mod people can fix the lighting.
I like spooky trying new things. Keep it up!
Also Spooky don’t listen to these old pinheads
Trying to get every pin be the same ! Innovation baby !

I jumped in because it was different and I have not swayed .It’s a toddler right now with everything we’ve seen ,still looked fast .I just got a nib LZ prem n kicked my ass solid ,was embarrassing ,until I got a feel for it .I’d be worried if they were hitting everything like when they streamed Mando

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:Welcome to pinball talk episode 4: Halloween pinball gameplay video by Dead flip is out, in this episode, I’m gonna concentrate on music/audio package, link to video:

You sound like a cross between Schwarzenegger and Cookie Monster

#1559 2 years ago

HUGE YES to this...but I also feel like that’s what they are planning anyway.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

SpookyLuke NightMutilator consider having initial gameplay video be staring through the clown mask eye holes walking around with the very loud heavy breathing, while the player wanders around the pf hitting things trying to get into the house, or until a mode is started. Or maybe that could be the video mode once you enter the house. Then you could do the other video modes upon entering the house later. I would love to see the video put on the clown mask right when I push the start button.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"20239877c275f7835f2e5256d4eb584460b82b5e-1628460332-1800"};
//]]>

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Are the PJ Soles callouts not yet implemented? Or were they there on the stream, but during the part that the audience couldn't hear callouts? Can't wait for my CE!

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Any comments on an “adult mode”?

Quoted from djsolzs:

Can you comment on animations? It didn’t seem that far along is that fair to say?

I believe we had some of the PJ callouts in there, but they didn't come through in the stream audio. I can't really comment on what assets we have yet to add, not due to restrictions or anything, I'm just simply not in the loop there. As nightmutilator alluded to, I know they are continuing to add assets, and I imagine will continue to do so up until we start shipping, if not beyond too, but I don't have like a hard number to give you.

Same goes for adult mode; I'm not sure what the plan there is. Sorry, I'm just a spooky grunt right now; not making the big decisions :p

And yes ball staging is being looked at. We temporarily removed it due to a bug it caused in multiplayer, but I want to say that's fixed now.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I believe we had some of the PJ callouts in there, but they didn't come through in the stream audio. I can't really comment on what assets we have yet to add, not due to restrictions or anything, I'm just simply not in the loop there. As nightmutilator alluded to, I know they are continuing to add assets, and I imagine will continue to do so up until we start shipping, if not beyond too, but I don't have like a hard number to give you.
Same goes for adult mode; I'm not sure what the plan there is. Sorry, I'm just a spooky grunt right now; not making the big decisions :p
And yes ball staging is being looked at. We temporarily removed it due to a bug it caused in multiplayer, but I want to say that's fixed now.

Well, it looks like flow isn’t an issue. Hard to pull off with so many levels but without pops it moves fast. Software looks REALLY early. Hoping that goes deep.

Leds look fine to me but dimming may set mood better. Many subtleties compared to a few in-your-faces wins the prize every time.

Gameplay looks exactly as I’d hoped based on descriptions so far. Great job gang!

#1562 2 years ago

Anyone else notice at the 31:10 mark the "Bob/PJ's Demise Mode"? Surely they plan to refer to PJ by her on screen name of Linda and not her real name. Just proves how early and incomplete this code currently is. Great things to come I'm sure.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, it looks like flow isn’t an issue. Hard to pull off with so many levels but without pops it moves fast. Software looks REALLY early. Hoping that goes deep.
Leds look fine to me but dimming may set mood better. Many subtleties compared to a few in-your-faces wins the prize every time.
Gameplay looks exactly as I’d hoped based on descriptions so far. Great job gang!

Couldn't be happier with how nice the game plays across 3 levels! Not going to say if that was skill or luck lol

Quoted from Morgoth00:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7855b1c0c791dbe9612500c6e3fcca824e4577c5-1628468877-1800"};
//]]>

I would love to see this as well!

#1564 2 years ago

Dude, this is a brilliant suggestion!

Quoted from Morgoth00:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2cc14c438d4c3b3f69708494a14a2e383d879e14-1628470292-1800"};
//]]>

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Dude, this is a brilliant suggestion!

I would even go so far as to say disable all modes until "mask mode" is complete and the house has been entered, sister is dead, and Michael's lifelong fate has begun.
The magnetic tray in the top left corner could be decorated to be Michael's sister's room.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I would even go so far as to say disable all modes until "mask mode" is complete and the house has been entered, sister is dead, and Michael's lifelong fate has begun.
The magnetic tray in the top left corner could be decorated to be Michael's sister's room.

I think that area is supposed to be the balcony that he falls from at the end of the movie.

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think that area is supposed to be the balcony that he falls from at the end of the movie.

Yah, there is a balcony to the right of the mag drop. But you can get to the balcony/mag drop right after entering the house for the first time.

#1568 2 years ago

Hey Morgoth00 - that was my Facebook post ! Thought about posting it here and never to around to it last week. I wish I'd had a bit more time to play the game at Flashback Weekend in Chicago - just had 10 minutes or so before the exhibit hall opened at the convention (I had a booth). It was fun. But early. They haven't integrated the P.J. Soles audio yet, and other things. Will be interested to play the final.

#1569 2 years ago

Wow I thought this looked amazing! It seemed refreshingly different to other games out there at the moment - I kind of liked the way the ball is hidden away/obscured so much. They were hitting shots and most of the time you are left going... ummmm so where is it? Then it just appears somewhere else with a flashing light to signal. Not everyone's going to like that but I damn sure do, it goes great with the theme. Music was fab, layout looked great, shots seemed satisfying, and it looked pretty solid. We just need the obvious polishing to be done on the sounds/animations and rules/code and this is a winner for me.

#1570 2 years ago

Hey Folks,

I updated the "Date Projection" spreadsheet to include fields where you can enter your build number.
This can give a rough projection of when your machine would be ready to ship.

Please do not harass Spooky with these date projections. This is just for fun and intended to distract from some of the vitriol.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Hey Folks,
I updated the "Date Projection" spreadsheet to include fields where you can enter your build number.
This can give a rough projection of when your machine would be ready to ship.
Please do not harass Spooky with these date projections. This is just for fun and intended to distract from some of the vitriol.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

Link doesn't seem to work.

#1572 2 years ago

There's an awful lot of Halloween spots up for sale in the marketplace today.

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Link doesn't seem to work.

Try again, I changed permissions to allow edit.

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I saw that, and I think that’s a good thing. I’m glad there’s enough games out there that everyone who wants one can get one. Plus, if anyone purchased a slot just to flip, screw ‘em.

I enjoyed the stream and I’m looking forward to what’s next, but I understand if some were underwhelmed, especially if this type of genre isn’t up their alley. The flow was unique (maybe too unique for some), the animations were early and the music was repetitive. No harm in anyone jumping early, but I think good things will come to those who wait.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Not as many as I thought there would be. There were already 4 (?) I believe 2 days ago after the stream if I remember correctly.

#1576 2 years ago

Allot of people bout both spots and are selling off keeping UM or vice versa. 4/1250 = .32% for sale, hardly a dent. It will be a great game.

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

That is brilliant. Something to add for sure.

#1578 2 years ago

Still very excited to get this home. Yes concerned with the mood lighting thing but hopefully get ironed out as well as the animations. Love the sound work though!

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I saw that, and I think that’s a good thing. I’m glad there’s enough games out there that everyone who wants one can get one. Plus, if anyone purchased a slot just to flip, screw ‘em.
I enjoyed the stream and I’m looking forward to what’s next, but I understand if some were underwhelmed, especially if this type of genre isn’t up their alley. The flow was unique (maybe too unique for some), the animations were early and the music was repetitive. No harm in anyone jumping early, but I think good things will come to those who wait.

Spot on again @mudflaps!!!

#1580 2 years ago

Any word on end of ball / playfield multipliers? Also the pumpkin's eyes on the playfield seem to light separately, does anyone know what the significance of those lights are?

#1581 2 years ago

The pumpkin lights are the inserts for the 6 pumpkin modes.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

The pumpkin lights are the inserts for the 6 pumpkin modes.

That makes sense. Thank you!

#1583 2 years ago

I don’t watch Dead Flip- did spooky mention if any games had been manufactured and if/when they’d start shipping?

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I don’t watch Dead Flip- did spooky mention if any games had been manufactured and if/when they’d start shipping?

Spookky's production line had over 20 machines in it a couple weeks ago, (pics were provided here)
No machines released, no dates given on the stream.

#1585 2 years ago

I think they said they will start slow…make sure the quality is there, and then ramp up production. Haven’t heard any specific dates yet.

#1586 2 years ago

Good news

86ACED11-BDF4-4510-973F-39C332D2DFED (resized).jpeg86ACED11-BDF4-4510-973F-39C332D2DFED (resized).jpeg
#1587 2 years ago

I'm very happy to see a company like spooky interacting with pinside. Listening to

Quoted from dnapac:

I think they said they will start slow…make sure the quality is there, and then ramp up production. Haven’t heard any specific dates yet.

That's what she said!

#1589 2 years ago

Spooky, please take note of the few small critical comments made by Cary in his video. I completely agree with the comments made, the sound effects of in particular Halloween are making me wish I hadn't put my name on one. Grating, piercing, repetitive and annoying are words that spring to mind.

#1590 2 years ago

these "review a game with early code before its anywhere near done" videos are beyond stupid.

Quoted from Kevlar:

Spooky, please take note of the few small critical comments made by Cary in his video. I completely agree with the comments made, the sound effects of in particular Halloween are making me wish I hadn't put my name on one. Grating, piercing, repetitive and annoying are words that spring to mind.

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Grating, piercing, repetitive and annoying are words that spring to mind.

Cary Hardy or Halloween?

#1592 2 years ago

Pitting these two games against eachother sucks. Especially at this point, neither game is finished and it really honestly and simply comes down to this. Do you like slashers / horror? Then buy HWN. Do you love Kaiju, then buy UM. I will also say that both games exhibit some shrill sound effects ie: the sling sound on UM / the repetitive stabbing synth score in house mode HWN. Spooky will be addressing issues and add TONS more shit to BOTH games. So, everyone chill and be glad your on board.

Quoted from Kevlar:

#1593 2 years ago

I'm Well aware that the code is not done, but I do Agree with Cary on a few points he made regarding Halloweens repetitive sounds. Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism...it's not like he was being a dick about it. It was One of the first things I noticed as well when watching the stream.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm Well aware that the code is not done, but I do Agree with Cary on a few points he made regarding Halloweens repetitive sounds. One of the first things I noticed when watching the stream.

It has already been mentioned before his video on here and for all to hear on the stream including Spooky, pretty sure it will be addressed.
What I’m hoping they don’t do is put a lot more effort into Ultraman which is what it looks like so far, many more Halloween’s being made so keep everyone happy. I’m sure there is nothing to worry about and all will be good.

#1595 2 years ago

For sure we all have our criticisms of each but I really wish people would cut it out with the Ultraman is better because...sounds and fun. It all depends on what kind of fun you wanna have. I love the tension and nervousness in slashers and feel like that translates incredibly well in pinball gameplay while others would argue the opposite. It’s just a matter of personal taste. I happen to love Horror just about as much as Kaiju so I was torn myself. The huge thing that put me over the top was Edmistons art package on HWN. I won’t say the playfield looks BETTER than UM but...shit...maybe I just did. Anyway I’m super excited for everyone in both camps, they both looks awesome and I can’t wait to see how both develop

Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm Well aware that the code is not done, but I do Agree with Cary on a few points he made regarding Halloweens repetitive sounds. Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism...it's not like he was being a dick about it. It was One of the first things I noticed as well when watching the stream.

#1596 2 years ago

I think the reason there is more coded into UM at the moment is that Spooky had a access and permissions to use UM footage well before HWN. I am definitely not worried about as a HWN ce buyer.

Quoted from Lostcause:

It has already been mentioned before his video on here and for all to hear on the stream including Spooky, pretty sure it will be addressed.
What I’m hoping they don’t do is put a lot more effort into Ultraman which is what it looks like so far, many more Halloween’s being made so keep everyone happy. I’m sure there is nothing to worry about and all will be good.

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think the reason there is more coded into UM at the moment is that Spooky had a access and permissions to use UM footage well before HWN. I am definitely not worried about as a HWN ce buyer.

Same here, it will be good. They need it to be good and will want it to be good for sure. So it will be good
CE for me too.

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pitting these two games against eachother sucks. Especially at this point, neither game is finished and it really honestly and simply comes down to this. Do you like slashers / horror? Then buy HWN. Do you love Kaiju, then buy UM. I will also say that both games exhibit some shrill sound effects ie: the sling sound on UM / the repetitive stabbing synth score in house mode HWN. Spooky will be addressing issues and add TONS more shit to BOTH games. So, everyone chill and be glad your on board.

It's as if the UM buyers think there's somehow something to be gained by trashing Halloween. As if that's somehow going to elevate UM in the court of public opinion. If Halloween sinks, both games will sink. We're all on this crazy train together, like it or not.

#1599 2 years ago

Exactly, and we could see this coming from a million miles away. Buy the lower production game, claim it’s way better than the other and hope the secondary market price goes skyyyy highhh. Not saying everyone is doing that but I sense a few may be.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's as if the UM buyers think there's somehow something to be gained by trashing Halloween. As if that's somehow going to elevate UM in the court of public opinion. If Halloween sinks, both games will sink. We're all on this crazy train together, like it or not.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exactly, and we could see this coming from a million miles away. Buy the lower production game, claim it’s way better than the other and hope the secondary market price goes skyyyy highhh. Not saying everyone is doing that but I sense a few may be.

Think it’s called the ‘500’ club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.