(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 82.
#3701 2 years ago

#89 just paid

#3702 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I know…oh well! Good news is of a chance I may have my GNR LE delivered this weekend.

You are goin to freak when you get it. But be warned, it sounds like shit. Order pinwoofer now, biggest improvement of all games I've used it on.

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Same here. Mine is still on the line and won’t ship until next week.

Yes Butter makes it better..

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Yes Butter makes it better..

might be why they ship out of order is my point...but agreed!

#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For real? This sold in a day? For $15k?
[quoted image]

This is frightening. Your battery is at 3%.

C144083B-E98F-4B09-9787-0D8A0FBFA203 (resized).pngC144083B-E98F-4B09-9787-0D8A0FBFA203 (resized).png
#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I was the buyer and yes it sold for the equivalent of 15k. I had a later number and wanted one in my house for my halloween party.

Now there’s a great host! If I was in IL I’d crash it

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any pics of Halloween at Expo?

3CF2CA7A-47AA-4C8A-8CC6-BAA911FE8C57 (resized).jpeg3CF2CA7A-47AA-4C8A-8CC6-BAA911FE8C57 (resized).jpeg
#3708 2 years ago

Somebody’s not gonna get much sleep!

#3709 2 years ago

Looks like a Michael Myers booty call

#3710 2 years ago

Nice view in Portland. Oh, and the game is nice too!

#3711 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Nice view in Portland. Oh, and the game is nice too!

He’s not in Portland !
I ha e the same art in my room here at expo.
What room can we play Halloween?

65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg
#3712 2 years ago

Looking forward to trying this game out, huge Halloween fan just didn’t have the cash at the time to jump in and commit. Maybe I’m the only one but I like flash type animations a lot!

#3713 2 years ago

Can imagine the reaction of the housekeeping staff coming to clean your room in the morning.

#3714 2 years ago

This title is not a title that I feel will need any sound upgrades on. The music and call-outs do not scream for sound improvements and the stock system should be more than good. I would not waste any money trying to improve sound quality, this is not a crank it up style game imo. I think the only thing I plan on adding is orange Super-Bands, Silver-jets, orange LED under cabinet lighting(maybe), and if I can find the correct scale I want to add Loomis and Laurie somewhere.

#3715 2 years ago

I know this is a long shot but I have number 421 and the wait is going to be awhile, I guess I am not used to waiting a year+ to get a game. If anyone has a lower number and is not ready to take delivery yet-I will trade numbers? Not looking to pay a premium but just throwing it out there. If you are on fence or need more time to get funds together please trade me for a lower numbered game. Wishful thinking I guess

#3716 2 years ago

Made my first pumpkin and my birthday is Halloween! Took me over half a century to do one lol

5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Made my first pumpkin and my birthday is Halloween! Took me over half a century to do one lol
[quoted image]

That's no pumpkin it's a Jack-o-Lantern, and a fine one at that!
Happy Birthday!

#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

That's no pumpkin it's a Jack-o-Lantern, and a fine one at that!
Happy Birthday!

You see what do I know, of course it is
Thanks

#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Made my first pumpkin and my birthday is Halloween!

My son made the same pumpkin for his pumpkin-looks good. I let my son watch a little Halloween and my wife got pissed and put an end to it. Meanwhile she watches her chic flicks with sex scenes and that is ok? Weird that I try and protect my son from premature sexual awareness but feel violence is tolerable. My excuse is that he knows its not real.

#3720 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My son made the same pumpkin for his pumpkin-looks good. I let my son watch a little Halloween and my wife got pissed and put an end to it. Meanwhile she watches her chic flicks with sex scenes and that is ok? Weird that I try and protect my son from premature sexual awareness but feel violence is tolerable. My excuse is that he knows its not real.

Let my kids watch horror and did them no harm, agree about not letting them see sexual stuff.

#3721 2 years ago

I am a bit of a conservative Dad and want to keep them innocent as long as possible-which is very difficult in today's day and age.

#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This title is not a title that I feel will need any sound upgrades on. The music and call-outs do not scream for sound improvements and the stock system should be more than good. I would not waste any money trying to improve sound quality, this is not a crank it up style game imo. I think the only thing I plan on adding is orange Super-Bands, Silver-jets, orange LED under cabinet lighting(maybe), and if I can find the correct scale I want to add Loomis and Laurie somewhere.

I kept turning the volume down because I was getting some glass rattle from the bass. Having good bass on this title is good because of the jump out at you scene music really gives it good effect.

I already have an external sub kit that connects 5 pins to one sub so I might as well add this pin to it. I am going to back off the bass in the machine a tad and let the external sub do some of the lifting to reduce glass rattle and add the anti rattle tape.

It also seemed like the smaller speakers were trying to push bass out to and had some distortion because of it. I am going to look at that also. I want those speakers just handling mids and high range for clear speech.

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:My son made the same pumpkin for his pumpkin-looks good. I let my son watch a little Halloween and my wife got pissed and put an end to it. Meanwhile she watches her chic flicks with sex scenes and that is ok? Weird that I try and protect my son from premature sexual awareness but feel violence is tolerable. My excuse is that he knows its not real.

This is how we roll, except my wife does not like "chick flicks". I don't mind if we watch something like that once in a while, but she prefers horror and stuff like Top Chef, both of which I like, so we deal. My kid likes horror but I think he's over it because we more or less let him watch whatever, as long as we're with him. But not explicit sex stuff. I ain't sitting there with him for stuff like that ! haha

#3724 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I kept turning the volume down because I was getting some glass rattle from the bass. Having good bass on this title is good because of the jump out at you scene music really gives it good effect.
I already have an external sub kit that connects 5 pins to one sub so I might as well add this pin to it. I am going to back off the bass in the machine a tad and let the external sub do some of the lifting to reduce glass rattle and add the anti rattle tape.
It also seemed like the smaller speakers were trying to push bass out to and had some distortion because of it. I am going to look at that also. I want those speakers just handing mids and high range for clear speech.

Yeah, the Rattle was just as bad, if not worse than rick and morty. I have felt tape on rick and morty to fix the problem, decided to try the zip tie method on Halloween and it worked great

#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It also seemed like the smaller speakers were trying to push bass out to and had some distortion because of it. I am going to look at that also. I want those speakers just handing mids and high range for clear speech.

I am looking to do same. What/ where are you connecting inside the pin to get audio out to sub ?

#3726 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Yeah, the Rattle was just as bad, if not worse than rick and morty. I have felt tape on rick and morty to fix the problem, decided to try the zip tie method on Halloween and it worked great

What's the zip tie method?

#3727 2 years ago

I feel for the dude in the room over who is trying to sleep and wakes up with nightmares.

#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I am looking to do same. What/ where are you connecting inside the pin to get audio out to sub ?

Connect this directly to the wires on the subwoofer..

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-push-on-kit

And then I use this kit to connect multiple pins to one subwoofer..

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#3729 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Trim off the thinner end of a zip tie and use them as a shim between the underside of the glass channel and the edge of the cabinet sides. I typically use a length of maybe an inch to an inch and a half and space 3 on each side evenly top top to bottom. I also use the felt tape on the top and bottom edge of the glass. Rattle is completely eliminated even with a 12" powered sub under the cabinets.

#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Trim off the thinner end of a zip tie and use them as a shim between the underside of the glass channel and the edge of the cabinet sides. I typically use a length of maybe an inch to an inch and a half and space 3 on each side evenly top top to bottom. I also use the felt tape on the top and bottom edge of the glass. Rattle is completely eliminated even with a 12" powered sub under the cabinets.

You can also cut off the head and stick them between the top of the glass and the channel, you won't see them. They will fall out if you pull the glass but it helps when trying to pinpoint what area needs attention.

#3731 2 years ago

I just played a dozen games on Halloween. I thought the feel of the flippers and the shots were great. This is hands down the best shooting Spooky game. The code clearly needs a lot of TLC, but the foundation for this game is solid. The modes not timing out doesn't seem right. At times, no inserts were lit on the playfield and I had no idea what to shoot for. For the lifters, I thought the returns from the upper playfield were a bit long, but the hedge shots were fine. It has just enough of a surprise element to keep you on your toes, raising the tension. The theming is pretty spot on and I'm looking forward to playing this one in the dark.

#3732 2 years ago

What would it cost for 1 song ? We should all throw in to get it in the game !! It would be a nice year for BOC .

B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpegB7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
#3733 2 years ago

I only played the old code .I got what I wanted and that is it shoots great .Im 445ish and no biggie waiting .You can feel the confidence in the crew .The only thing I’m thinking about is to buy a 2nd and let it sit seeing the flippers are jumping ship lmao .No way would I part with mine ,Im exited to finally join the Soooky Club and couldn’t have picked a better one !!

#3734 2 years ago

I’ve never seen it in person but I’m starting to lean “Butta”

21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
#3735 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Cut the flat ends off zip ties. . . 6 pieces about 1.5 inches each . Place 3 on each side UNDER the slot the glass slides into. Between cabinet wood and the plastic glass channel.. One near back box, one near flippers, one in middle (on each side). Ill take pics when I get home.

#3736 2 years ago

SpookyLuke Will the be an Annie “My Paul” mode. That would be sweet! ; )

#3737 2 years ago

Or a Lynda “Totally” mod. Even better.

#3738 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Or a Lynda “Totally” mod. Even better.

If there isn't a "Totally Frenzy" mode at some point, I will be a little disappointed.

#3739 2 years ago

Finding the humor as well as the tension is what will take this game to the next level. I also really want a schoolyard bully mode “he’s gonna get you he’s gonna get you” where the GI goes out bit by bit and reveals an area to shoot. If you miss the hurry up there’s a -negative score or it takes away a blood drop or you can nail progressive hurry up shots while they are lit and rack up a ton of points (or blood drops) Also, the “see anything you like?” callout would be perfect for when you open the blood bank.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

If there isn't a "Totally Frenzy" mode at some point, I will be a little disappointed.

#3740 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That’s what I’m talking about. That would be..totally..awesome! Lol

#3741 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Finding the humor as well as the tension is what will take this game to the next level. I also really want a schoolyard bully mode “he’s gonna get you he’s gonna get you” where the GI goes out bit by bit and reveals an area to shoot. If you miss the hurry up there’s a -negative score or it takes away a blood drop or you can nail progressive hurry up shots while they are lit and rack up a ton of points (or blood drops) Also, the “see anything you like?” callout would be perfect for when you open the blood bank.

I absolutely love the idea of slight drop in score, end of mode, and/ or loss of blood. . . too many pins do not punish you for missing shots. . . . think of it as getting cut. . but not dying from the wound/s. . . yet. . .

#3742 2 years ago

This is just HUGE speculation. . . but I am wondering if this is at least part of, if not all of the video assets in which Spooky has to use for the machine. . . If the owners will notice, these are the EXACT clips used on the machine. . . but only about 5% of them are there right now

I think I might be on to something???!!!!

#3743 2 years ago

^^^^ Come on spooky this tune is so much better than Godzilla

#3744 2 years ago

Don't fear the reaper is an amazing song. However, with the mood of the pin at this point, I am not sure where it would fit. It really isn't a "Kitchen Sink" type of thing they are going for, but just the tension scary side of the movie.

Maybe I am wrong though.

#3745 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Don't fear the reaper is an amazing song. However, with the mood of the pin at this point, I am not sure where it would fit. It really isn't a "Kitchen Sink" type of thing they are going for, but just the tension scary side of the movie.
Maybe I am wrong though.

Wizard mode, the unwind and blissful moment you realize I've survived as this song comes on and credits and clips roll across the screen.

Kinda like the walk away song on the warriors...
spookys next pin.

#3746 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

spookys next pin.

You're saying we can look forward to "Can You Dig It?" Multiball?

#3748 2 years ago

I’m for hearing “you may think we’re scary your probably right black cats and goblins on Halloween night trick or treat”

Need to find a place for this in the game

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I’m for hearing “you may think we’re scary your probably right black cats and goblins on Halloween night trick or treat”
Need to find a place for this in the game

If you are in Hedge Multiball long enough it’s there…but very soft. Hoping they make this chant more audible.

#3750 2 years ago

Even better: You complete wizard mode by by locking 6 balls then score at least 3 superjackpots in multi to kill Michael Myers. Game shuts down, balls drain… “Don’t fear the reaper” comes on… One ball pops into shooter lane DFTR VICTORY LAPS! The six previous lock shots then turn into six add-a-ball opportunities with no ball save timer. Lose the single ball, that’s it. Mode over. Get one add-a-ball and lose it? Also lose another add-a-ball opportunity. The more balls you have in play the higher the jackpots. Sweep through all the jackpots? Then they all relight with 2x granted (MM rise from the dead animation or something) Would essentially be a huge MB scoring opportunity to completely blow up the game. Quite the feel good reward for a game well played and a huge joy for completionists like myself.

Quoted from tp:

Wizard mode, the unwind and blissful moment you realize I've survived as this song comes on and credits and clips roll across the screen.
spookys next pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.