(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 82.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would plan at least a foot for the topper. Apparently the knife stroke is so long, there is supposed to be slit in the top of the backbox for the knife to fit through.

Cool a machine that attacks itself. Imagine that. I love the topper though

#402 2 years ago

Hope the topper is easy to take off

#403 2 years ago

I like what your saying here - where do I see Colson illusion cherry image?

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I’m seeing stainless legs that look like knives and Colson’s Illusion Cherry powdercoat on the rails and speaker panel…maybe even a few drops of it GB-style at the top of each leg.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha, yep. We got the CE, and until the basement is dug out, the office will be a "temp" Halloween pinball room. If the topper is easily removable, we can get it in the basement. Old homes...sheesh.

#405 2 years ago

Sorry for the cross-post if you've seen, but so many threads dedicated to Spooky and their two new releases. If you didn't grab one yesterday or want a companion to the one you have, a CE of your choice is being raffled by Project Pinball.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ce-halloween-ultraman-spookypinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details

As always, thank you for your support with raffles, volunteering time, donations, everything else! And thanks to Spooky for providing the machine!

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I like what your saying here - where do I see Colson illusion cherry image?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-jc-retheme-this-is-gonna-be-killer/page/9

Scratch build by Colsond3

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Me too, it needs some cleaning up for sure. No complaints though!!

#408 2 years ago

I'm assuming there will be a "family" mode? For those with a R&M or RZ, do the Spooky family modes moderate both audio and video? I realize this is far from a family-friendly title, just wondering how many years I should plan on until I can let my kid play it without subjecting her to terrible nightmares! I might stick this one in my workshop. I'll have to hide the clown side for sure, but that's mostly for my sake...

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I'm assuming there will be a "family" mode? For those with a R&M or RZ, do the Spooky family modes moderate both audio and video? I realize this is far from a family-friendly title, just wondering how many years I should plan on until I can let my kid play it without subjecting her to terrible nightmares! I might stick this one in my workshop. I'll have to hide the clown side for sure, but that's mostly for my sake...

Family mode for Halloween is buy an Ultraman

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

touche!

#411 2 years ago

That's what we did I wouldn't have bought a Halloween, even though I really don't "shelter" my kids from anything, I'd just rather they not be afraid of a pinball machine. Spooky sold us a game in Ultraman when we would have otherwise passed.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

.... I realize this is far from a family-friendly title....

Yeah I don;t know how much you can change it; it's scary. Dont think my daughter will be loving it....yet she likes TWD so maybe, .

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I don;t know how much you can change it; it's scary. Dont think my daughter will be loving it....yet she likes TWD so maybe, .

Yup, you're right. Luckily, plenty other games for her to play, I may just stick this in the back room or leave it off/cover it when she plays. She may play games with me once/month anyways and mostly is interested in Pacman. She's not easily freaked out, so I don't anticipate a problem, but if there is, I'm sure I'll have no problem selling it.

Quoted from FatPanda:

That's what we did I wouldn't have bought a Halloween, even though I really don't "shelter" my kids from anything, I'd just rather they not be afraid of a pinball machine. Spooky sold us a game in Ultraman when we would have otherwise passed.

That's a great point. Ultraman looks truly incredible. I just wish I was more invested in the theme. I'm a horror movie nut, and my wife and I watch Halloween ever year (it's the only horror film she'll watch with me!)

#414 2 years ago

My wife was never into horror until I got her watching “the last drive in” on shudder. Now we host friends twice a week to watch horror movies.

Quoted from Aeolus7:

Yup, you're right. Luckily, plenty other games for her to play, I may just stick this in the back room or leave it off/cover it when she plays. She may play games with me once/month anyways and mostly is interested in Pacman. She's not easily freaked out, so I don't anticipate a problem, but if there is, I'm sure I'll have no problem selling it.

That's a great point. Ultraman looks truly incredible. I just wish I was more invested in the theme. I'm a horror movie nut, and my wife and I watch Halloween ever year (it's the only horror film she'll watch with me!)

#415 2 years ago

Folks keep saying the knife shooter rod is the additional toy, but it is called out separately in the descriptions.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Folks keep saying the knife shooter rod is the additional toy, but it is called out separately in the descriptions.

The knife above the shooter lane is the additional toy, not the shooter rod.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Sorry for the cross-post if you've seen, but so many threads dedicated to Spooky and their two new releases. If you didn't grab one yesterday or want a companion to the one you have, a CE of your choice is being raffled by Project Pinball.
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ce-halloween-ultraman-spookypinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details
As always, thank you for your support with raffles, volunteering time, donations, everything else! And thanks to Spooky for providing the machine!

Are you guys serious? You now have taken down RallyUp. Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet two days in a row!

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

My wife was never into horror until I got her watching “the last drive in” on shudder. Now we host friends twice a week to watch horror movies.

Shudder is awesome. I'll have to check out The Last Drive In. Also recommend "Host" if you haven't seen it. Would be a fun movie to watch with a group.

#419 2 years ago

Host is great!

Just make sure to check what movies joe Bob is playing there we’re some real stinkers this season.

Quoted from Aeolus7:

Shudder is awesome. I'll have to check out The Last Drive In. Also recommend "Host" if you haven't seen it. Would be a fun movie to watch with a group.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Are you guys serious? You now have taken down RallyUp. Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet two days in a row!

An update that is back online for anyone interested. Thanks again for all the support and letting me blast you with updates!

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If its like the RnM topper it will be hard wired. Clip the wires and add a molex if you try to take apart the topper piece by piece its a bit of a pain to put back together because of the crappy screws.

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

If its like the RnM topper it will be hard wired. Clip the wires and add a molex if you try to take apart the topper piece by piece its a bit of a pain to put back together because of the crappy screws.

Good to know, thanks .

#423 2 years ago

Man, did everyone order a CE? It doesn't seem like too many people ordered a BSE or SE. I keep thinking about upgrading from BSE to CE, but then I'd have to remove the topper before I could even set it up because of my low ceilings and the game doesn't even say 'Halloween' anywhere but the topper on the CE.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

the game doesn't even say 'Halloween' anywhere but the topper on the CE.

I thinknyoull be able to figure it out

But yes, most people go CE...there's another thread somewhere ...

Here it is
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-which-one-did-you-buy

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Man, did everyone order a CE? It doesn't seem like too many people ordered a BSE or SE. I keep thinking about upgrading from BSE to CE, but then I'd have to remove the topper before I could even set it up because of my low ceilings and the game doesn't even say 'Halloween' anywhere but the topper on the CE.

Most seem to have gone CE. Guess Spooky's CE seems like a steal compared to a JJP CE, so they figure what the hell. Us poor BSE folks will have to wait forever.

#426 2 years ago

Us poor BSE folks will have to wait forever.

Just think of those SE buyer's, poor bastards. Halloween 19 " The night his great grandson come home" will be out by the time those are built.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

do not go n there (resized).jpgdo not go n there (resized).jpg
#428 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Just think of those SE buyer's, poor bastards. Halloween 19 " The night his great grandson come home" will be out by the time those are built.

Wait till the orders & #s come out and they'll be a lot new in the market

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just figured for $1000 more, there was a bunch of cool stuff offered on the CE.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thats a good point, I hadnt even noticed that. Not bothered by it, but seems it should be somewhere also.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just figured for $1000 more, there was a bunch of cool stuff offered on the CE.

I felt the exact opposite. I figured the topper and extra toy were not worth the extra 1K, to me. I do think the Halloween topper is cooler than the Ultraman topper, though for sure. So, I saved a grand by going BSE and I'll have plenty of time to pay it off.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Curious if maybe you can buy the other translight from Spooky. Might be an option.

#433 2 years ago

I felt the exact opposite. I figured the topper and extra toy were not worth the extra 1K, to me. I do think the Halloween topper is cooler than the Ultraman topper, though for sure. So, I saved a grand by going BSE and I'll have plenty of time to pay it off.

I also think the BSE powder coat looks a lot better. Would have to see both in person to really make a decision.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Curious if maybe you can buy the other translight from Spooky. Might be an option.

They are actual backglasses, but they may sell a spare.

#435 2 years ago

They are actual backglasses, but they may sell a spare.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

#436 2 years ago

I thought the $1000 was worth it being here in Australian as postage in any after market mods gets expensive.
I agree. I preferred the CE Halloween topper was better and the BSE rails were better. But I went for Ultraman CE and I think the rails with cutouts matches the machine better plus shooter Rod and speaker grills and topper and toy jet. Was worth it for me. I am sure most of the extras and more will become available in the aftermarket mod place. I was so on the fence on which machine to go for.

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I thought the $1000 was worth it being here in Australian as postage in any after market mods gets expensive.
I agree. I preferred the CE Halloween topper was better and the BSE rails were better. But I went for Ultraman CE and I think the rails with cutouts matches the machine better plus shooter Rod and speaker grills and topper and toy jet. Was worth it for me. I am sure most of the extras and more will become available in the aftermarket mod place. I was so on the fence on which machine to go for.

Oh yeah, the speaker grills too. Forgot about those. I was dead set on a standard before I saw that sparkle prism BS powercoat. Then, I splurged. It's great that Spooky lets the customers decide how many of what version end up existing.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Host is great!
Just make sure to check what movies joe Bob is playing there we’re some real stinkers this season.

Will do. On a side note, just caught your podcast. Good stuff, man. Keep it up!

#439 2 years ago

You mean the show where monsters rip each others' arms off and are FREQUENTLY decapitated?

#440 2 years ago

Hell yeah dude! I do it so my family doesn’t have to hear me talk about pinball all the time. Haha

Quoted from Aeolus7:

Will do. On a side note, just caught your podcast. Good stuff, man. Keep it up!

#441 2 years ago

Did you guys get a machine # in your emails? I just received a order number on my receipt showing the $2,000 paid. Just curious

#442 2 years ago

no just an order number for now, spooky will give details in time, we will have a better idea where we are after invoices start rolling out.

my order # is 11384 and I believe I'm pretty early in line

Quoted from coasterguy:

Did you guys get a machine # in your emails? I just received a order number on my receipt showing the $2,000 paid. Just curious

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Will take them a few days to sort out the order of everything.

#444 2 years ago

Super interested in what the numbers will be, and what they'll actually mean (don't know how spooky does it).
If they go 50/50/50, what does it mean to be the 60th person in line for a CE? What happens when the #3 standard moves up to a CE?
How many can they actually make and ship before 10.31?
Interesting indeed.
So I guess they have to make 100 a month so the initial shipment of 50s will take longer than that.
Hmmm

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Super interested in what the numbers will be, and what they'll actually mean (don't know how spooky does it).
If they go 50/50/50, what does it mean to be the 60th person in line for a CE? What happens when the #3 standard moves up to a CE?
How many can they actually make and ship before 10.31?
Interesting indeed.
So I guess they have to make 100 a month so the initial shipment of 50s will take longer than that.
Hmmm

It's best to just wait until they start shipping and then try to do the math. And hope another pandemic doesn't come along...lol

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Well this poor bastard chose an SE knowing that it would be a late run because a) I need room for Godzilla and b) id rather the quirks be worked out and play the game with more complete code, and Oh yea c) I’m paying 2 grand less for the exact same game

Who you should really feel bad for are the CE buyers who will wait 12+ Months once they realize that over 1000 CEs were sold across both games...

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Well this poor bastard chose an SE knowing that it would be a late run because a) I need room for Godzilla and b) id rather the quirks be worked out and play the game with more complete code, and Oh yea c) I’m paying 2 grand less for the exact same game
Who you should really feel bad for are the CE buyers who will wait 12+ Months once they realize that over 1000 CEs were sold across both games...

The folks who bought CE's if purchased under the intent for future value then they were wrong for doing so as with any pin purchase. If they like myself purchased for the little extra features because they were fans of the movie then that's the right idea. I just happen to like the inner side blade artwork, laser cut side rails and that topper plus with today's going rate for toppers that ate up that 1k difference already. I also like the interactive RGB speaker lights and grills, not sure if the BSE version had the option but that was another sway factor for me as now I don't have to buy a speaker kit to install.

I will admit, I much rather have the BSE armor color then that gold vein color. I mean really gold vein for one of the greatest serial killers. That's a missed the boat option to me on the CE's, but I might have that re done.

Let me also add lol, my feeling bad for those poor bastards comment is NOT about the version that they have chosen to purchase but rather their timeline in which those machines will be built. I would love to see them have built all three models concurrently with a bit of each rather then all of A, then B then C etc....

#448 2 years ago

I'll include that my wife's favorite holiday is Halloween, loves horror, and loves pinball, that's what I'm thankful for...if she want's all the bells and whistles, I'll be damned to say no

Glad to join the Spooky owners club

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I will probably be close to last, I dont care. Like you, let them work out some bugs. Still getting it before you

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Don’t feel bad for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.