(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

3 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,674 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Porkfritter
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB8T3OxXsAI5tB3 (resized).jpeg
B6FD399C-F381-4734-B247-2671EB0F608D (resized).jpeg
63075D58-F8C7-4923-9429-9C7C963ED2B3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
F1066BAD-671C-4AB5-830C-4F55ACA3C222 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1634321708138 (resized).jpg
20211013_120302 (resized).jpg
F8A03977-BA8E-4B80-9DA7-8F3DD84D9302.jpeg
C0E411B5-E67D-4BAD-AEF5-9B059108C8AC (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.36.05 PM (resized).png
55E9EB38-EDE7-4798-92AB-D1E3D237814B (resized).jpeg
20211010_163212 (resized).jpg
20211010_163034 (resized).jpg
67C00163-10F4-489F-B4E5-B1257053F352 (resized).jpeg
AEB29C67-E424-4F12-95D7-322AE3238142 (resized).jpeg
20211001_192548 (resized).jpg

There are 3674 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 74.
#2301 52 days ago
5lf73g (resized).jpg
#2302 52 days ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I put this supercut together something like 15 years ago (woah) featuring a bunch of my favorite slasher movie moments.. thought this group might enjoy.
Let the bodies hit the floor!

Classic YouTube

#2303 52 days ago

Soon, very soon.

#2304 51 days ago

Just doing some planning here... Anyone know who spooky uses for freight, how much the shipping costs are at checkout, and how long it would approx take to arrive near chicago? I live about 2-1/2 hrs away and wondering if I should just rent a truck and pick it up myself…possible LTL shipping damage are of concern or should I not worry about that…

#2305 51 days ago

If you get a Halloween would you consider removing all the armor and re-powder it? Gold huh? So if you did re-powder coat the game what color would you go with? I'm thinking black with orange speckles or orange with black speckles ... you know kind of like HALLOWEEN! LOL

So basically the question is do you like the powder coating as is, or would you consider changing the color of the powder coat and what color.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts.

#2306 51 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just doing some planning here... Anyone know who spooky uses for freight, how much the shipping costs are at checkout, and how long it would approx take to arrive near chicago? I live about 2-1/2 hrs away and wondering if I should just rent a truck and pick it up myself…possible LTL shipping damage are of concern or should I not worry about that…

My R&M came by R+L but i believe some folks had FedEx deliver theirs.
Looking at just under $400 for shipping.
If i were 2.5 hrs away, i'd drive and pick it up for the same reasons you mentioned.
My R&M had a little carton damage but nothing wrong with the pin.

#2307 51 days ago

Just got notice that the one headed to North End Pub in Lafayette, IN should be ready next week!

#2308 51 days ago
Quoted from Morinack:

My R&M came by R+L but i believe some folks had FedEx deliver theirs.
Looking at just under $400 for shipping.
If i were 2.5 hrs away, i'd drive and pick it up for the same reasons you mentioned.
My R&M had a little carton damage but nothing wrong with the pin.

Yeah. I say go pick it up if that close. The stress of worrying every time I have pin delivered would be worth the drive.

#2309 51 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just got notice that the one headed to North End Pub in Lafayette, IN should be ready next week!

What number are you?

#2310 51 days ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

If you get a Halloween would you consider removing all the armor and re-powder it? Gold huh? So if you did re-powder coat the game what color would you go with? I'm thinking black with orange speckles or orange with black speckles ... you know kind of like HALLOWEEN! LOL
So basically the question is do you like the powder coating as is, or would you consider changing the color of the powder coat and what color.

Powder coating on the CE is dark gold…it fits the theme very well IMO. I’d wait to make that decision until you see it In person.

#2311 51 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

What number are you?

14 I believe.

#2312 51 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Powder coating on the CE is dark gold…it fits the theme very well IMO. I’d wait to make that decision until you see it In person.

This ^^^

#2313 51 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yeah, it’s autumn and works for me.

#2314 51 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Oh hell ya, go pick it up. Just the experience of going there is worth the drive

#2315 51 days ago

I am planning on driving to get it and I am like 8 hours away myself.

#2317 51 days ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

I have this in mind, but everyone that has seen it in person says the gold looks great.

pcgo97820-1 (resized).jpg
#2318 51 days ago

I don’t mind the gold but the pumpkins over the speakers should be orange. I’ll wait until I get mine before committing to the change.

#2319 51 days ago

I saw this at a Halloween store today. Does it look familiar?

92E26EDA-AFA0-4DA4-A70D-140656F160CF (resized).jpeg
#2320 51 days ago

It would be cool to see the clip of Loomis shooting Michael and him falling off the balcony on the LCD when the magnet locks the ball after going up the ramp on the upper playfield.

#2321 51 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Gold powder coating has ZERO to do with Halloween. There are many things about the game that leave me perplexed but the powder coating is at the top of the list. Personally I would have rather seen simple cabinet artwork black with the logo like the original movie poster. Then power coated orange or black. This is just me... I was just trying to see what colors people might consider based on the way the art is now.

Has anyone considered changing their powder coat?

#2322 51 days ago

On another note has anyone made mods for this game yet? I could suggest a few... new flipper bats. Leaves? How about blood stained butcher knife instead.

How about a Mike Myers with ghost sheet, glasses and light up eyes for the upper playfield house. How about a plastic cut out of Jamie Lee Curtis screaming for the staircase. I can see a lot of opportunities to upgrade the theming. How about a Pumpkin ball shooter like Stern did Jurassic Park with a light that makes the pumpkin eyes flicker. Again lots of opportunities here. Can't wait to see what someone comes up with.

#2323 50 days ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I am planning on driving to get it and I am like 8 hours away myself.

I'm honestly considering driving out there to get my Ultraman when it's time. The gas (even at 3.25/gallon) would cost less than I expect shipping to. It's only 1800 miles round trip, probably need 3-4 days to get er done. Never been to Iowa or Illinois, so could check those off the list.

#2324 50 days ago

I'm going to drive to get my Ultraman.

#2325 50 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm honestly considering driving out there to get my Ultraman when it's time. The gas (even at 3.25/gallon) would cost less than I expect shipping to. It's only 1800 miles round trip, probably need 3-4 days to get er done. Never been to Iowa or Illinois, so could check those off the list.

Respect. That’s dedication - and here I am debating whether to drive only 2-1/2 hours…shame on me. I just need to find a truck or SUV - all I have is a sedan.

#2326 50 days ago

I'd love to pick ours up in Benton. But its 1747 miles each way. Maybe I'll buy a canopy for my pickup and do it,,,,, talkin myself into it

#2327 50 days ago

I've picked up all my spooky games in person so far, the drive sucks, but seeing that place and crew is worth it to me.

#2328 50 days ago

We were blessed with a code update. It’s a monster update. We will redo some videos soon. Much more of everything (call outs, sounds effects, videos, topper and speaker lights). Everyone who got one is going to love this game!

#2329 50 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

We were blessed with a code update. It’s a monster update. We will redo some videos soon. Much more of everything (call outs, sounds effects, videos, topper and speaker lights). Everyone who got one is going to love this game!

Stop flirting with me...

#2330 50 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes please!

FB_IMG_1630563722413 (resized).jpg
#2331 50 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

hell yes

thank god you're an earlier owner.

#2332 50 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Respect. That’s dedication - and here I am debating whether to drive only 2-1/2 hours…shame on me. I just need to find a truck or SUV - all I have is a sedan.

Rent a pickup truck or cargo van from Enterprise.

#2333 50 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Rent a pickup truck or cargo van from Enterprise.

Found a friend who wants to help and we’re gonna take a ride up in his minivan.

#2334 50 days ago

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but Marco did a nice look under the hood on Halloween. A lot of good info here.

#2335 50 days ago

Here’s the first video of the new code. This is a MASSIVE update. It will take time for us to figure everything out. We are very mediocre players 8). In this video Andi (my wife) is trying to show as many Pumpkin Modes as possible. I think she gets through 3. New animations, new call outs, new light shows, and adjusted sound effects. Some have asked about the high pitched noise when you hit the scoop. It’s still used, but other sounds as well…so it waters it down nicely. Plus, the whole point of horror music is to create an atmosphere of discomfort and tension…so irritating noises are the norm…but Spooky does a good job controlling it…IMO. Oh, I repointed my pumpkin head, but it keeps slowly turning…I think it’s possessed!

#2336 50 days ago

Awesome. Keep them vids comin!!

#2337 50 days ago

Thank you I like the additions - I didn’t notice any video clips is that a diff mode or still waiting?

Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s the first video of the new code. This is a MASSIVE update. It will take time for us to figure everything out. We are very mediocre players 8). In this video Andi (my wife) is trying to show as many Pumpkin Modes as possible. I think she gets through 3. New animations, new call outs, new light shows, and adjusted sound effects. Some have asked about the high pitched noise when you hit the scoop. It’s still used, but other sounds as well…so it waters it down nicely. Plus, the whole point of horror music is to create an atmosphere of discomfort and tension…so irritating noises are the norm…but Spooky does a good job controlling it…IMO. Oh, I repointed my pumpkin head, but it keeps slowly turning…I think it’s possessed!

#2338 50 days ago

Tremendous upgrade in overall audio. Very impressed with this game so far.

#2339 50 days ago

Yeah def getting better and better

#2340 50 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thank you I like the additions - I didn’t notice any video clips is that a diff mode or still waiting?

Ah, sorry…there are more video clips from the movie…but they are harder to get to and see..I meant new animation clips. Sorry.

#2341 50 days ago

One more tonight. You’ll see another Pumpkin Mode “Bob and Lynda’s Demise” and some more upper playfield.

#2342 50 days ago

Wow, huge improvements! Love the music in house mode now.

Quoted from dnapac:

One more tonight. You’ll see another Pumpkin Mode “Bob and Lynda’s Demise” and some more upper playfield.

#2343 50 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Oh, I repointed my pumpkin head, but it keeps slowly turning…I think it’s possessed!

Just as I suspected, lol.....much appreciated vids and your thoughts while enjoying this pretty amazing pin!!

#2344 50 days ago

And this is just the beginning. It’s gonna be epic!

#2345 50 days ago

Oh man, this is looking awesome. I’m thinking mine will be built around Feb. can’t wait

#2346 50 days ago

Coming along nicely, thanks for uploading!

#2347 50 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And this is just the beginning. It’s gonna be epic!

Spooky should have loaned you a UM so you could perform this great service for those of us curious in that thread!

#2348 50 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Spooky should have loaned you a UM so you could perform this great service for those of us curious in that thread!

We played a little UM at their complex…it’s really awesome! UM buyers are in for a treat.

#2349 50 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

We played a little UM at their complex…it’s really awesome! UM buyers are in for a treat.

Is it my imagination or is the screen tilted back more than Rick and Morty? Does it give a better view for a taller person vs RM? Can you tell that the screen quality is any darker/crisper or does it seem the same?
Thanks for all your images/vids
Screenshot_20210902-195105_Facebook (resized).jpg

#2350 50 days ago

I’m shaking right now .This code is just starting to move and I’m good whichever way they roll with this for sure!I’m feeling it big time!So far ,it seems your trying to escape .I’m kinda hoping there’s either a mode or a side game that puts me in Michael’s shoes and I’m doing the chasing . Please don’t be afraid ,I’m a boring family guy lmao.I was just playing LZ and thought to myself if I pick a victim to chase the game will give me a chore either in sequenced combos or total hits on a certain shot .Timed kill of course with film footage .Just food for thought

There are 3674 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside