(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,847 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by mpdpvdpin
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

573FA6DA-BEFB-4625-B6D3-96C7E3E45F66 (resized).png
spookypower (resized).jpg
20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 77.
#601 4 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

NOTHING TOUCHES THE ORIGINAL 78’!

Bingo ( except Alien for me.. )

#602 4 months ago

Deleted. Sorry for the double post.

#603 4 months ago

Havent seen Freddy vs Jason mentioned anywhere, what is everyone's opinion on that one?

#604 4 months ago

Popcorn flic for the masses. Worth a watch for the fun novelty alone. For me, lost interest in Freddy as scary since part 2

There’s something about modern horror films that makes it difficult for me to get into. I think it’s just the overall vibe. I say Halloween 78’ as pinnacle for I just love the softer picture lens, color pallet, outstanding score, no CGI, no cell phones and technology - simpler times. Audience didn’t know what to expect.

#605 4 months ago

For whatever reason, I've always preferred monster movies / sci-fi horror, then supernatural horror next, to slasher horror. I prefer NoES to the F13/Halloween over all simply because it's more supernatural. Guys in masks walking slow waiting for a girl to trip for no reason just never appealed to me. Not that I don't watch them, just not my favorites.

My tops go to's are:
Alien/Aliens (obv)
Evil Dead franchise
Event Horizon
Hellraiser I/II
Trick R Treat

There's more, but for me, these are the top.

#606 4 months ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That's because after carpenter left the series got all crazy.
Halloween 1 and 2 and the new film are one time line.
Halloween 3 is whatever the hell it is
Halloween 4-6 are a different time line where Laurie is his sister and he's being controlled by an evil cult.
The rob zombie ones are also their own time line.
And I have no idea what Halloween h20 and resurrection were doing. Expect Busta rhymes did some kung fu on Michael's ass

I remember seeing Halloween III in the theaters expecting Michael, but was shocked to see he wasn't included. For me 1 & 2 are the complete story. I've seen H2O and one other but don't even remember those. Is the latest coming out part of the first 2's timeline? So, before the first?

#607 4 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

I remember seeing Halloween III in the theaters expecting Michael, but was shocked to see he wasn't included. For me 1 & 2 are the complete story. I've seen H2O and one other but don't even remember those. Is the latest coming out part of the first 2's timeline? So, before the first?

The one that came out in 2018 is a direct sequel to 1978's. The next 2 are sequels to that. Basically..it recons everything but the first movie and setting up for a new finale. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's the best of the bunch since 2. (3 not being part of the story).

#608 4 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

Michael IS in part 3

#609 4 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Michael IS in part 3

Yep....on TV

#610 4 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

I remember seeing Halloween III in the theaters expecting Michael,

III was going to be the start of different Halloween movies. Fans stirred up a fuss and wanted Michael back. Fans won.

LTG : )

#611 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

III was going to be the start of different Halloween movies. Fans stirred up a fuss and wanted Michael back. Fans won.

Spot on, LTG. I think the fatal mistake was in making part II a continuation of the same story and THEN shifting gears for part III. If they intended to make every Halloween movie a different story, they should have done a different story for II and it probably would have worked.

#612 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )

Interesting. Didn't know that. I only ever watch 1 & 2 during Halloween. I'm going to have to watch III again. Last time I saw it was when it was released.

#613 4 months ago

Just bought one! Halloween CE direct from spooky

#614 4 months ago

It used to be cool to bash Halloween III, now it’s cool to love.

I was listening to the vinyl the other day (classic soundtrack BTW), and caught something I hadn’t heard before.

When Tommy Lee Wallace is making one of the announcements, he says, “Kids, make sure to grab one of the Halloween… three masks.” It was kind of a fun nod and maybe a hint that the numerical denominator was supposed to be about the masks, not about the Halloween franchise.

Or not. Who knows.

image (resized).jpg
#615 4 months ago

Those "spinature" figures are sweet.

#616 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Those "spinature" figures are sweet.

Yeah, they’re really cool. Surely there’s a spot in the game for “Shot in Both Eyes” Michael from II.

image (resized).jpg
#617 4 months ago

Yeah, I saw that one as well. I thought about posting after I secured my copy on eBay

#618 4 months ago

I thought 4,5,and 6 where really good also, I just watched 3 again, it has a bunch of jump scares but not that good.

#619 4 months ago

HIII is all that matters!

84A1083A-8EC7-4167-A97D-11667DE88790 (resized).jpeg
#620 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It used to be cool to bash Halloween III, now it’s cool to love.
I was listening to the vinyl the other day (classic soundtrack BTW), and caught something I hadn’t heard before.
When Tommy Lee Wallace is making one of the announcements, he says, “Kids, make sure to grab one of the Halloween… three masks.” It was kind of a fun nod and maybe a hint that the numerical denominator was supposed to be about the masks, not about the Halloween franchise.
Or not. Who knows. [quoted image]

Waxwork Records! <3

#621 4 months ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

Just bought one! Halloween CE direct from spooky

How did you do that? The site has indicated that they are sold out since the day it went on sale.

#622 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

How did you do that? The site has indicated that they are sold out since the day it went on sale.

Maybe on a standby list and as the duplicates start to get cancelled out they are calling those inline waiting?

#623 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

They mentioned that after all the orders were gone through, there may be some duplicates cancelled and more available. Likely what happened.

#624 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

I Just kept checking the spooky shop every day.
It just appeared in the shop.

#625 4 months ago

Spooky website still allows you to add a Halloween CE to your cart, get it while you can!

#626 4 months ago
Quoted from BWT67:

HIII is all that matters!
[quoted image]

I think we would get along swimingly...

#627 4 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knew if (50/50/50) distributor orders are included in the spooky order number system? Assuming 11300 was starting, and someone who had let's say 11500- are they theoretically 200 deep? Or is it an extra 100 for every 100 spooky order numbers? So 450 deep including the initial 50?

#628 4 months ago

Took my children to go see Cruella last night at the movie theater and saw a movie promotion poster for the new Halloween movie being released. I have enjoyed all of the movies and I really enjoy Jamie Lee Curtis (; Looks like another great movie, and the timing might be perfect with games shipping around the same time frame. I also wanted to say we really enjoyed Cruella (great movie)-not good for smaller children but good for 7+year old and adults.

New 2021 Halloween Kills trailer:

#629 4 months ago

Anyone that bought from PinballStar get any emails etc. since purchase? Just checking. I'm thinking all ok but anyone hear anything? I had the PayPal deposit confirmation email and they did say it may take a bit. So yeah just being antsy...

#630 4 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Anyone that bought from PinballStar get any emails etc. Since purchase? Just checking. I'm thinking all ok buy anyone hear anything? I had the PayPal deposit confirmation email and they did say it may take a bit. So yeah just being antsy...

Nothing yet here.

#631 4 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Anyone that bought from PinballStar get any emails etc. since purchase? Just checking. I'm thinking all ok but anyone hear anything? I had the PayPal deposit confirmation email and they did say it may take a bit. So yeah just being antsy...

Yes, Joe emailed me for confirmation about something in my order. He is working on the numbers and will get them to us as soon as he can. Give him some time as he is one man with the largest distro allotment to sort through.

#632 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Took my children to go see Cruella last night at the movie theater and saw a movie promotion poster for the new Halloween movie being released. I have enjoyed all of the movies and I really enjoy Jamie Lee Curtis (; Looks like another great movie, and the timing might be perfect with games shipping around the same time frame. I also wanted to say we really enjoyed Cruella (great movie)-not good for smaller children but good for 7+year old and adults.

Read good things about it and am likewise excited.

Bought the blue ray set and plan on binge watching this weekend....

#633 4 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I e-mailed Joe right after getting my PayPal confirm just to get a personal assurance from him. He immediately replied with an "You are all set. Be in touch as soon as I'm able." I, like you all, haven't gotten anything since then. If you are getting anxious, just shoot him an e-mail. He will reassure you. Joe has been great - 3rd purchase from him.

#634 4 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Yes, Joe emailed me for confirmation about something in my order. He is working on the numbers and will get them to us as soon as he can. Give him some time as he is one man with the largest distro allotment to sort through.

Why are the numbers so important?
I ordered a CE, got confirmation and I‘m happy independent from the number I will get. It has no additional worth imho…
Regards Pat

#635 4 months ago

I would hope it’s a FIFO process. Especially on a limited run. Confirmed Order # w time stamp should matter.

#636 4 months ago
Quoted from the_one:

I ordered a CE, got confirmation and I‘m happy independent from the number I will get. It has no additional worth imho…
Regards Pat

Apart from the assurance that I do indeed have a valid confirmed order ... I couldn't care less what number, place in line, etc... I do see how that could be important to someone who is anxious to have their game sooner than later, though.

#637 4 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I e-mailed Joe right after getting my PayPal confirm just to get a personal assurance from him. He immediately replied with an "You are all set. Be in touch as soon as I'm able." I, like you all, haven't gotten anything since then. If you are getting anxious, just shoot him an e-mail. He will reassure you. Joe has been great - 3rd purchase from him.

Cool sounds good. Not even antsy for my order # just that I have one lol.

#638 4 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Cool sounds good. Not even antsy for my order # just that I have one lol.

I understand ... and when everyone else starts talking numbers, and we don't have one yet, it makes one wonder. It will take Joe some time to sort through. If he tells you that you have an order, you can rest assured.

#639 4 months ago
Quoted from the_one:

Not worth it to some people to wait 15 months to get the game. Some people may actually need time to make room

#640 4 months ago

I just think it’s fair and the right way to do business in general.
I was 3 days late on LZ and was at the back of the line and had to wait 4 months or so. I thought that was completely fair - others acted swiftly and got their orders in before I did and deserved it sooner. Just my take on the fifo system.

#641 4 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I just think it’s fair and the right way to do business in general.

I think the idea is fair but the execution was very poor

#642 4 months ago

I anticipate online ordering hiccups with any high demand item these days. Fond memories of obtaining a PS5 months back. Luck of the draw.

#643 4 months ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I think we would get along swimingly...

Yay! Lemme see your "grails" lol.

#644 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

That appears to have been premature claim. Distributors still have some as well I think.

#645 4 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:I e-mailed Joe right after getting my PayPal confirm just to get a personal assurance from him. He immediately replied with an "You are all set. Be in touch as soon as I'm able." I, like you all, haven't gotten anything since then. If you are getting anxious, just shoot him an e-mail. He will reassure you. Joe has been great - 3rd purchase from him.

He is asking we DONT do this. In the oyher thread he is asking for patience. If you got a pp confirmation, you are good.

#646 4 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I anticipate online ordering hiccups with any high demand item these days. Fond memories of obtaining a PS5 months back. Luck of the draw.

Remember, those who went through Spooky will, in some cases, get their game before you, even if you ordered through a distro before them, given the stated production plans. 50 to Family/Spooky direct, 50 to distro, 50 to Spooky direct etc etc.

#647 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Remember, those who went through Spooky will, in some cases, get their game before you, even if you ordered through a distro before them, given the stated production plans. 50 to Family/Spooky direct, 50 to distro, 50 to Spooky direct etc etc.

Very true. I went direct and got my order in rather quickly - but like all of us, I really have no clue where I'm at - they will tell me where I'm at when they are ready and it is what it is. Just happy i got a CE to be honest.

#648 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Holy shit that looks so fucking good.

download (resized).jpg
#649 4 months ago

I purchased a Halloween CE with a distributor as soon as it was offered. Spoke with him yesterday about it. He is delivering first in first out (as they should all be doing). He couldn’t tell me when that was going to happen yet but said I will be part of his first shipment. My guess is around Halloween for the dramatic effect. I really think Spooky will try to make that happen.

#650 4 months ago

Every year in October I smoke a lot of bbq for a first responders/veterans appreciation day at our business. Last year we included medical professionals as well. We delivered about 300 free meals last year.

I stay up all night with the smoker, and always do a horror movie marathon outside. I always start with Halloween, and then mix it up from there. It will be cool if I have my game by then, but if not, it will be fun watching the movies, and knowing the game is coming.

I really appreciate Spooky for making one of my favorite movies into such a cool looking game!

There are 3,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside