(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,825 posts
  • 409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jrawlinson_2000
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg
3CF2CA7A-47AA-4C8A-8CC6-BAA911FE8C57 (resized).jpeg
C144083B-E98F-4B09-9787-0D8A0FBFA203 (resized).png

There are 3,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 77.
#1401 3 months ago
FB_IMG_1628361561573 (resized).jpg
#1402 3 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Jack must be setting up at this point if he wants to go live as he said in 4.5 hours! Stoked!
Did you ever notice that the pumpkin in the opening credits actually depicts Michael carrying a knife? I used to think it was just supposed to be a crummy kid carving. Notice the slow zoom in
[quoted image]

That’s pretty interesting. I love the pumpkin in the opening credits. Nothing compares to it in terms of creepiness.

#1403 3 months ago

Is it time yet?

DSC_05311 (resized).jpg
#1404 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sure, you can move up to my 920!</

Does anyone want to move down.im #512 ce and would like to move up if anyone is interested

Sure 512 that’s my birthdate.. May 12th. I’m CE#926 through pinballstar.

#1405 3 months ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Is it time yet?
[quoted image]

I’ll be waiting by the TV set with my mask. Don’t forget the big giveaway at 9.

CEF4812D-F492-4CBE-A33B-32983BD4F933 (resized).jpeg
#1406 3 months ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Sure 512 that’s my birthdate.. May 12th. I’m CE#926 through pinballstar.

Sorry im wanting to move up the line to be sooner

#1407 3 months ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Sorry im wanting to move up the line to be sooner

Np. It was worth a shot. Maybe Spooky is saving the best for last. Lol.

#1408 3 months ago

I have CE 127 think I will get before Halloween?

#1409 3 months ago

How do I cast twitch to my big screen Roku?

My phone won't do it, really want to see in in 65", not 4"

#1410 3 months ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Np. It was worth a shot. Maybe Spooky is saving the best for last. Lol.

Hey that's actually true.as all later games from any manufacturer get better later in the run

#1411 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Same here.i want too know as well.

#1412 3 months ago

Same here.i want too know as well.

HDMI output to tv from laptop/pc?

#1413 3 months ago

Go get a cheap Chromecast dongle and cast it from the twitch app.

#1414 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

Go get a cheap Chromecast dongle and cast it from the twitch app.

Maybe a dumb question, but can't Jack do YouTube live at the same time as twitch? Would be so much easier for some of us

#1415 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Maybe a dumb question, but can't Jack do YouTube live at the same time as twitch? Would be so much easier for some of us

I'm learning that streaming and where content is shown is a big deal lol. They have contracts and what have you.

Do you have a laptop/pc? You can stream twitch from a browser, then HDMI out to tv.

#1416 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Do you have a laptop/pc? You can stream twitch from a browser, then HDMI out to tv.

Holy crap! I never knew my 8 year old laptop had an HDMI out, but it does. (don't ask, I'm cheap)

Problem solved, thank you!

#1417 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Holy crap! I never knew my 8 year old laptop had an HDMI out, but it does. (don't ask, I'm cheap)

I'm cheap too, that's why I knew hah.

#1418 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

That's how I'm reading pinside right now. I have an old laptop that is more or less a permanent media player for the tv.

#1419 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Use the app.

*edit* Roost wasn't wrong either, I'm just saying if you're using a phone to cast, the app works.

#1420 3 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Use the app.
*edit* Roost wasn't wrong either, I'm just saying if you're using a phone to cast, the app works.

I tried the app. It doesn't cast from my phone. Only you tube so far. But I'll use the HDMI from my laptop.

#376 CE, I need to know if I should move up or down

#1421 3 months ago

What time is JD streaming?

#1422 3 months ago

6 central is what he estimated

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

#1423 3 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

This would be great to know.

#1424 3 months ago

Why is it not on JD twitch page?

#1425 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Go to internet browser mode and go directly to web address. https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#1426 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

How much did you spend on your last pin? Time to get a standard edition and buy a new laptop lol

#1427 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I tried the app. It doesn't cast from my phone. Only you tube so far. But I'll use the HDMI from my laptop.
#376 CE, I need to know if I should move up or down
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9629960d4ee559284d3af5b6d9fc243a5069dcd5-1628375755-1800"};
//]]>

I'm betting there will be no reason to want to move back. Nitro just traded me up 100 spots to 245, and I'd like to be lower number still!

#1428 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Go to internet browser mode and go directly to web address. https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

Will stream just start? Not seeing anything on home page or schedule

Thanks

#1429 3 months ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Will stream just start? Not seeing anything on home page or schedule
Thanks

It will show up where munsters is and say live. (After you refresh, and assuming he is live)

#1430 3 months ago

There's also an app called Twoku that you can use for Twitch on Roku. But it's not normally in the store, so you have to ~side load/allow list the app. Works pretty well for me.

https://www.fanbyte.com/guides/how-to-watch-twitch-on-roku-devices-august-2020/

#1431 3 months ago

No time on the deadflip thread. Did spooky say the time would be 6 cst?

#1434 3 months ago

Jack suggested 6 CT.

There was a lot to set up though as he will have two setups with Halloween and Ultraman

#1435 3 months ago

Its up.
Halloween first then Ultraman

#1436 3 months ago

OMG the sound track is awful ...... ly good.
I am loving this!
Like i am not stressed out enough playing pinball

#1437 3 months ago

12,000+ Folks watching pinball: https://www.twitch.tv/shroud

#1438 3 months ago

The audio and the lighting is badass. The shots look great. It looks like Spooky has hit full stride with this release. I am more psyched than ever!

#1439 3 months ago

I will say the LCD display is not what I was wanting at all with all the still images from cabinet artwork and repetitive images like the house with hardly ANY movie assets which is VERY unattractive. they have got too be more creative than that. This is a dream theme to so many of us and hope they change that. Other than that I have absolutely no complaints

#1440 3 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The audio and the lighting is badass. The shots look great. It looks like Spooky has hit full stride with this release. I am more psyched than ever!

Agreed! Very cool! Music is kind of dull for pinball though.

#1441 3 months ago

dup

#1442 3 months ago

Hope they'll add more variety for the music and sfx and significantly reduce the delay between the ball dropping into scoop and getting served to flipper. Multiball play more interesting and exciting than single ball. Rules and shots on top playfield have more strategy and stuff going on than middle one. Seems there you either flip straight up or let ball drain on purpose.

#1443 3 months ago

I will say the LCD display is not what I was wanting at all with all the still images from cabinet artwork and repetitive images like the house with hardly ANY movie assets which is VERY unattractive. they have got too be more creative than that. This is a dream theme to so many of us and hope they change that. Other than that I have absolutely no complaints

Bug said they have a ton more video ready to add in; guessing much of what we are seeing is mostly placeholder type of stuff at this point

#1444 3 months ago

The funniest thing on the stream chat was when someone asked “will Pinstadiums fit on this game?”

What, it’s not bright enough already? Are you blind? Ha!

rd

#1445 3 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The funniest thing on the stream chat was when someone asked “will Pinstadiums fit on this game?”
What, it’s not bright enough already? Are you blind? Ha!
rd

Koolaid….crazy….think the game looks great!!!! Interesting shots, major lighting effects, and once all the video assets are added w polish, much fun!!!! Great job Spooky!!!!!

#1446 3 months ago

Yeah, looks great so far. Certainly we’ll get more assets, callouts, and music. At this early stage, it’s bare, but the same could have been said for BM66, TWD, Met, etc.

Nice job Team Spooky!

#1447 3 months ago

Are they done streaming Halloween or are they going back to it in a bit?

#1448 3 months ago

I am a little nervous.
I don't think Jack was loving shooting these games. Not trying to be negative but 9k plus is a gamble when there are other options out there. I know there is a lot of coding to do yet but I will re-watch and focus on the flow next time I watch again. I am a Spooky fan and own a ACNC but not sure I have room for 2 pins with so so flow going on.

Edit..After re-watching the stream I feel better about HWN. There is good flow. It will now depend on coding and presentation. Curious on how fast that will be. They said they will do it evenly between the 2 themes so does that mean it will take twice as long as when they do a single title? Does not really matter as long as they don't quit I guess. I kind of like the experience of updating code and seeing new things.

#1449 3 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, looks great so far. Certainly we’ll get more assets, callouts, and music. At this early stage, it’s bare, but the same could have been said for BM66, TWD, Met, etc.
Nice job Team Spooky!

Completely agree....the ones that were in there looked great....alot of placeholders in other frames...they even stated several more months on additions....I'm good w that. Like a new game everytime code drops on this one imho

#1450 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am a little nervous.
I don't think Jack was loving shooting these games. Not trying to be negative but 9k plus is a gamble when there are other options out there. I know there is a lot of coding to do yet but I will re-watch and focus on the flow next time I watch again. I am a Spooky fan and own a ACNC but not sure I have room for 2 pins with so so flow going on.

Don't really think this is setup as a typical flowey, super speedy game...alot of surprise movement and just unique gameplay.

Honestly, I think it will just scratch a different itch...very excited. Looks like alot of fun....will be hard to sort the vibe until the video and all assets are deployed.

Stoked for my first Spooky....great looking game, and easily competes w anything I'm seeing out there...a great niche game imho...

There are 3,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside