(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 82.
#2501 2 years ago

So what is the highest # that has been invoiced. I’ve only seen people in the teens so far.

#2502 2 years ago

So what is my approx. delivery date if I’m Halloween #539?

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So what is the highest # that has been invoiced. I’ve only seen people in the teens so far.

im wayyyy up there #933, I'll have mine last lol

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What is the lead time from invoice until built? If they are doing 20 per week that is a 3 week lead time. Do they invoice days before it being built? I thought the invoice 3 weeks before game is done.

With R&M:
- received/returned the build sheet on 11/30/20
- received/paid invoice on 12/3/20
- BoD was 12/16/20

Only build option for these machines is butter.
Contact for butter decision is 3 weeks prior to build start. "Approximately 3 weeks before your game goes on the line"
So invoice should be darn close to the 3 weeks prior email.

#2505 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Approx: 2/27/22
I'd guess end of Feb early Mar.

#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Mid-decade Festivus.

#2507 2 years ago

Hoping for January for mine #481

#2508 2 years ago

Safe to ask what #’s are on the line now or will this get downvoted?

#2509 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

not downvoted but likely not answered either

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If #14 was shipped a week ago and they are hitting 20/week (all halloween so far?), then probably somewhere in the mid-late 30's on the line, but it's anyone's guess, really.

#2511 2 years ago

This specualtion is tedious for a "hype thread".

#2512 2 years ago

Get hyped

02C8B2ED-F188-4321-A614-E0ADE44157B4 (resized).jpeg02C8B2ED-F188-4321-A614-E0ADE44157B4 (resized).jpeg
#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

With R&M:
- received/returned the build sheet on 11/30/20
- received/paid invoice on 12/3/20
- BoD was 12/16/20
Only build option for these machines is butter.
Contact for butter decision is 3 weeks prior to build start. "Approximately 3 weeks before your game goes on the line"
So invoice should be darn close to the 3 weeks prior email.

I'm #52 and still no word.

#2514 2 years ago

Pretty disappointed with the one second flash video clips so far. I'm hoping code is very early but pretty disappointed so far.

#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'm #52 and still no word.

Your first contact will be from Squirrel asking if you want a butter cab or not. I’m kind of surprised you haven’t gotten that one yet.

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Your first contact will be from Squirrel asking if you want a butter cab or not. I’m kind of surprised you haven’t gotten that one yet.

Yeah me too. Also I need to get that part list from you for the gnr 2nd monitor.

#2517 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:Pretty disappointed with the one second flash video clips so far. I'm hoping code is very early but pretty disappointed so far.

While I wont say dissapointed, I will say concerned. I think Spooky said they had 19 movie assets, hopefully they are not all the same length. The licensor said they dont want a "movie" playing, soooo, 19 seconds of the entire film?

#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So can somebody explain to me the "3 upper playfields (2 playable)" thing? Shouldn't a playfield be 'playable' to be *a playfield* ? Does the ball even roll on it? I'm just not understanding what they mean by that.
Also, what's the "invisi-magnet lock" (I saw it on the trailer but don't have it at hand) ? that sounds very cool

You havent seen any of the other vids out there?

#2519 2 years ago

I’d just like to know what to expect - 5 or 6 short clips in the game so far. I know people say they don’t look at the screen but it’s a part of the damn game and package.

Wonder if Luke could set some expectations around this for us?

Quoted from Halfwasted:

Pretty disappointed with the one second flash video clips so far. I'm hoping code is very early but pretty disappointed so far.

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’d just like to know what to expect - 5 or 6 short clips in the game so far. I know people say they don’t look at the screen but it’s a part of the damn game and package.
Wonder if Luke could set some expectations around this for us?

I look at the screen all the time. And in this day and age feel it is a big part of the package that draws you in. It's also adds to my excitement and enjoyment. At today's prices I expect the video content to be there as that's part of what im paying for. I've been disappointed in the past, hopefully not moving forward. Of course this is my opinion, others may differ.

#2521 2 years ago

I agree I want to see the clips in the game and I want them to be well integrated - its important for theme integration as well. Looking forward to how they implement this but so far it has me scratching my head. Maybe it really is just the last part of the puzzle after getting the animations figured out?

Quoted from tp:

I look at the screen all the time. And in this day and age feel it is a big part of the package that draws you in. It's also adds to my excitement and enjoyment. At today's prices I expect the video content to be there as that's part of what im paying for. I've been disappointed in the past, hopefully not moving forward. Of course this is my opinion, others may differ.

#2522 2 years ago

The video part of the games is where Spooky has lagged behind a bit - they are making improvements with each game. I’m a little surprised by the comments though, just taking a look at Spooky’s previous title would have given you an idea of what they do on the screen

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The video part of the games is where Spooky has lagged behind a bit - they are making improvements with each game. I’m a little surprised by the comments though, just taking a look at Spooky’s previous title would have given you an idea of what they do on the screen

I think this time should be different since they have access to actual film cuts. First pin I think they have made with movie film cut access.

My Alien pin is a perfect example how good a pinball can be with lots of film cuts used while playing. It is amazing.

#2524 2 years ago

I dont follow your logic - I dont think you can base it on previous titles. As the person above said they seem to have access to a lot of footage.. and assets can vary by license. I didnt follow the R&M release so I dont know what the clips looked like when the first games were being received - but regardless it continues to drive my interest.

Not a complaint just a question as to where they are headed with the clips as to date its hard to tell.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

#2525 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think this time should be different since they have access to actual film cuts. First pin I think they have made with movie film cut access.
My Alien pin is a perfect example how good a pinball can be with lots of film cuts used while playing. It is amazing.

Just the ambient music before launching the ball sets an ominous mood. David Thiel did an excellent job on the sounds.

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I dont follow your logic - I dont think you can base it on previous titles. As the person above said they seem to have access to a lot of footage.. and assets can vary by license. I didnt follow the R&M release so I dont know what the clips looked like when the first games were being received - but regardless it continues to drive my interest.
Not a complaint just a question as to where they are headed with the clips as to date its hard to tell.

I only meant that you have to compare Spooky titles to Spooky titles and not (un)consciously compare to Stern and JJP. They’ve been getting better for sure, R&M also had access to WAY more content from the show than is represented in Halloween. Might be worth checking out so you get what I mean.

I’m not dunking on Spooky, just saying apples to apples

#2527 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I look at the screen all the time. And in this day and age feel it is a big part of the package that draws you in. It's also adds to my excitement and enjoyment.

I also look at and "feel" the screen during gameplay, especially depending on how well it is integrated. As others have brought up, the HW Alien is one of the most total experiences in a pinball machine, due in no small part to a large backbox screen for effect and a PF screen to keep you in the action. Tie that in with David's audio, and very few come close. Sadly, a failed manufacturer never allowed this one to see total fruition, but what it has won'tbe matched by a cheaper version.

Believe it's unfair to judge video assets/ deployment in Halloween yet as they've stated numerous times that they had plenty of content and are extremely excited about deploying to it's fullest extent. Good grief, barely any games have gotten out yet, much less updates.

Absolute zero concerns from me that they will pull this off, as just the theme alone brings strong personality to the game.

My first Spooky, so can't/ won't speak to manufacturer comparative success in pulling off the desired intent, but man it sure seems they are committed to this one...just my take. Not getting any indication that Spooky is taking a back seat to anyone currently, including the "world under glass" BS manufacturer.

A deadly theme, unique design, AND dedicated manufacturing/ support is something very hard to come by. This effort screams "classic" imho.

Bring it Spooky.....we are ready, and have already verified my security system status at the house, lol.....never feared a Xenomorph showing at my door, but Michael or a killer clown? That could be a thing, lol.....

#2528 2 years ago

I also look at and "feel" the screen during gameplay, especially depending on how well it is integrated. As others have brought up, the HW Alien is one of the most total experiences in a pinball machine, due in no small part to a large backbox screen for effect and a PF screen to keep you in the action. Tie that in with David's audio, and very few come close. Sadly, a failed manufacturer never allowed this one to see total fruition, but what it has won'tbe matched by a cheaper version.

Don't be so sure. The LV hasn't even been shown yet and the sound with my "Cheap" Alien is awesome and the screen is still bigger than Sterns and Spooky's.

#2529 2 years ago

I have to admit I'm getting cold feet a bit after that Godzilla reveal. I get its a totally different vibe and I'd much rather have Halloween, but it does make me go hmmm... about the overall package. I'm not bailing or anything but would love to see evidence that this isn't the POTC asset experience... and confirmation I backed the right horse.

#2530 2 years ago

This is where I am coming from as well - just not seeing a lot of movement in the asset area. How many need to go out the door before we see how the assets will really be integrated or a better idea other than 4 or 5 2 second clips?

Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm not bailing or anything but would love to see evidence that this isn't the POTC asset experience...

#2531 2 years ago

I think if I don't receive my invoice by next week, having this pin by Halloween is not gonna happen.

#2532 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think if I don't receive my invoice by next week, having this pin by Halloween is not gonna happen.

at 61, I would think so by Halloween.

#2533 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

You would think but the 3 week build window and week to deliver is getting close for comfort.

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Don't be so sure. The LV hasn't even been shown yet and the sound with my "Cheap" Alien is awesome and the screen is still bigger than Sterns and Spooky's.

Of this I'm quite sure (wrong thread however). I'm sure LV will have different art, shaker, armor, and beacons, but no video changes. Glad some can buy a new value engineered version now, as the game is still great.

Back to the awesome game that is unfolding here...very, very excited!!!

#2535 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Does the new pinball Brothers version of alien have those video assets installed?

#2536 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I guess the whole having it by Halloween thing is pretty arbitrary anyway. Would just be a cool novelty, and we're excited to play and a little ancy.

Of course I'd rather have them done right then rushed out the door, but their ramp does seem a bit slower than I had expected and how I interpreted their messaging. Seemed about two months after the sale before a small handful of the very earliest numbers went out. I should be having a great month for October if all goes to plan with expecting to get this and a Godzilla premium around the same time.

#2537 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Of this I'm quite sure (wrong thread however). I'm sure LV will have different art, shaker, armor, and beacons, but no video changes. Glad some can buy a new value engineered version now, as the game is still great.
Back to the awesome game that is unfolding here...very, very excited!!!

It added a physical ball lock and extra magnet. Not sure you can say Value engineered. If the LV has a bigger screen I would say it ties the original.

#2538 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It added a physical ball lock and extra magnet. Not sure you can say Value engineered. If the LV has a bigger screen I would say it ties the original.

Seriously - don't mind him. He's an OG alien owner who is jealous of the new kid in town. Pathetic. And he has the old version with less features where it actually counts.....gameplay. But hey, it has duplicative screens!

Back to the purpose of this thread.....for those not always 100% kissing Spooky ___, there is no doubt the video assets thus far have been disappointing.

The good news is that Spooky is on top of it and I'm confident the clips will be enough. If they don't correct that, it would be a huge oversight. These guys know there Halloween from what I've seen thus far - I don't think they would let us down.

#2539 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seriously - don't mind him. He's an OG alien owner who is jealous of the new kid in town. Pathetic. And he has the old version with less features where it actually counts.....gameplay. But hey, it has duplicative screens!

Fortunately, everyone can have their own opinion.

And best thing in this case, yours means absolutely nothing to me ( and many, many others).

Spooky is impressing me and what I've seen so far looks pretty awesome. My opinion.

( apologies to Spooky for chiming in w another poster about HW Alien relative attributes in this thread....nonsense follows every time)

#2540 2 years ago

Just watching Kaneda review at jack bar of Halloween - software and movie integration sounds like the biggest disappointment so far. Animations not looking good.

I really hope this code is just WAYYYYY early

#2541 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just watching Kaneda review at jack bar of Halloween - software and movie integration sounds like the biggest disappointment so far. Animations not looking good.

I just hope he goes awayyyyyyyyy

#2542 2 years ago

Just in time to get it ready for Horrorhouse Fest at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown coming so very soon! Super excited to have it right next to me as I dial in those animations for upcoming updates

Halloween_Set_DeliveryDay.jpegHalloween_Set_DeliveryDay.jpegHauntcade_Halloween.jpegHauntcade_Halloween.jpegHorrorhouseFest_Instagram_RMPS_2021_v2.jpgHorrorhouseFest_Instagram_RMPS_2021_v2.jpgRyan_Halloween.jpegRyan_Halloween.jpeg
#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Where is this "review"

#2544 2 years ago

His Facebook page - his words not mine. Machine looks awesome with those props man! Glad you’ll be working so closely with the machine!

Quoted from NightMutilator:

Where is this "review"

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

His Facebook page - his words not mine. Machine looks awesome with those props man! Glad you’ll be working so closely with the machine!

Halloween is my favorite film & licensed property I've ever worked on, and I can tell ya I am spending night and day dialing the animations in. If he doesn't like them, oh well... everyone has an opinion. I challenge him to try and get animations approved by the license holder, who approved what I've put together already. I am beyond happy with where we have come so far with the game and once fully dialed it's gonna be the best friggin game ever. As you can see I just set mine up and drool over it constantly

#2546 2 years ago

Just got some good time in on a Halloween and..............................................................

I was blown away!

This game is everything I was hoping for and more. Really a cool layout with tons going on. The subways to the slings bring a fresh dimension to gameplay(takes some getting used to-had to tune my ears for sounds) and the flow is great. Even coming down from the third playfield was quick for me. This game is a super fun shooter and also looks spectacular in person-the pictures do not do it justice. If your tired of fan layouts-this is the ticket. I thought the code was really decent as well, loved the suspenseful red GI's that interacted with gameplay and sounds and call-outs are good. I was really impressed and it has raised my enthusiasm ten fold. If anyone has a lower number and is not quite ready for delivery-I would trade mine for a lower number? This game is KILLER!!!!!!

-Also thanks to JJ at Game Exchange for having one on his floor on free-play (;

#2547 2 years ago
0E938056-90B1-4D0E-B564-5A2C55D10A0C (resized).png0E938056-90B1-4D0E-B564-5A2C55D10A0C (resized).png
#2548 2 years ago

I think I have to agree. This should have been caught.

D010C29A-EBB1-4198-83FF-E492F0000706 (resized).jpegD010C29A-EBB1-4198-83FF-E492F0000706 (resized).jpeg
#2549 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I really hope this code is just WAYYYYY early</blockquot

Kanada is a putz. Like anyone one of these hacks. They can't even draw nor have any artistic creativity. There opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Who the fuck is he anyways. Eww you review pinball machines pathetic get a life. The animations are great if I want movie clips I'll go watch the movie. The guy is a hack like everyone else talentless but can beat on the talent. He should go find a sheep to go pound on and get a life.

#2550 2 years ago

K man is ok in small doses, but he is a bit of a price pumper. He has been down on Halloween from the beginning. Since he bought into Ultraman, he's become like those guys in the UM threads who can't help but to keep repeating how they are so awesome for buying a cool theme like UM instead of a stupid theme like Halloween. The chances of him now giving Halloween a glowing review were slim to none no matter what.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.