Quoted from P1nhead:
So from how the email reads... there is no fix (the insert) for machines in the wild at this point and none coming on the line in the next month will have a fix available either.
I was quoted "a month or so" delay to getting our machine on the production line for this fix.
Kind of sucks there isn't a playfield swap option available - anyone with this low of a number knows the value in having this early. This is especially true for those that make mods - will probably end up skipping out if someone gets to market first. Also, I'm like a kid, I want it sooner than later, especially for Halloween.
The momentum (wrt hype and anticipation) leading up to July and through now seems to have diminished. I feel like I should be more excited to drop $10g on a game.
Some might see those with the error as collectable if they fix it early run. . I hate that people see this as a deal breaker for them. It really isn't something that sticks out to me. . We had it for nearly 2 weeks and never noticed it until it was brought up on another thread. Totally can see how people would be bummed waiting but it is cool they are giving you the option to wait. . .