(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,825 posts
  • 409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jrawlinson_2000
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg
3CF2CA7A-47AA-4C8A-8CC6-BAA911FE8C57 (resized).jpeg
C144083B-E98F-4B09-9787-0D8A0FBFA203 (resized).png

There are 3,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 77.
#351 4 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Still ahead of me......and believe me I was lined up the second the word Ultraman came across my screen. I'm just paying a "poor tax" lol

I still can't believe you are selling (sold?) your Iron Man!

I just sold mine recently too. I think you and I have owned that pin longer than just about anyone I know. I think Rarehero still owns his.

#352 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats Mark!
I went with UMCE. I had given up on it and was going to wait this one out but then I received a notification that my order actually went through! I am near the back of the pack though.

So good to see you Rob!!! Been too long since we've crossed in the threads....shall PM To catchup....

Couldn't pass on this one. 1st Spooky for me, AND an iconic slasher theme at that!!!!

UM is a great theme as well. Memory lane for me on that one!!!

#353 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

I still can't believe you are selling (sold?) your Iron Man!
I just sold mine recently too. I think you and I have owned that pin longer than just about anyone I know. I think Rarehero still owns his.

What?

I've owned Iron Man for about 2 months, bro.

I never intended to keep it long term, I bought it because I missed playing Iron Man, and I wanted to try to get to DOD MB (pfft lol). I'm doing some fixes to it that honestly needed to have been done by prior owner before I sell it though....replacing hammered magnet cores, adding magnet protectors, putting in the shooter lane protector (arguable if it matters at this point but it'll stop it from degrading further), and plan to sell it for what I have in it, zero profit for me. Loss if you consider my time to fix this stuff.

Plus, I found out a location near me has one that I can effectively play for free anyways, long as I want to drive 20 minutes to get over there.

#354 4 months ago

I'm in for a CE. Ended up going through Nitro as well because Spooky was giving me too many red x's.

I'm really interested to see how they approach the rules in this one. I had some ideas that I threw out before really seeing the game, just considering the theme and movie, but now i'm not very sure. I will say, not playing as Michael in any way, that seems pretty obvious, but I wonder if we'll be taking on a role in the game.

#355 4 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm in for a CE. Ended up going through Nitro as well because Spooky was giving me too many red x's.
I'm really interested to see how they approach the rules in this one. I had some ideas that I threw out before really seeing the game, just considering the theme and movie, but now i'm not very sure. I will say, not playing as Michael in any way, that seems pretty obvious, but I wonder if we'll be taking on a role in the game.

Skill Shot
Use flippers to change location of skill shot. Then launch and shoot fast!

Hedge Multiball
Lock a ball behind each hedge to start Hedge Multiball. Reveal Michael behind each hedge by shooting the left ramp, then hurry to shoot Michael Jackpots!

Shoot the Michael Super Jackpot to complete mode.

Sanitarium Mode
Shoot the right ramp to get to the Smith Grove Sanitarium Playfield, then shoot the scoop to start Sanitarium Mode. Complete all red lit shots for Michael to escape! Then gather patients for Super Jackpot.

House Mode
Qualify House Mode when Hedge Multiball and Smith Grove Sanitarium have been visited, then shoot the center ramp twice to start House Mode.

Now get to that uppermost playfield! Complete orbits to battle Michael and shoot the balcony to win!

TIP: Hold the flipper on the upper playfield orbit for a wicked combo!

Pumpkin Modes
Start Pumpkin Modes by shooting either left or right orbit and clear the center drop target bank, then shoot the pumpkin to start mode.

Follow directions and shoot lit shots to help Michael get victims or help Laurie Strode escape!

Play and fully complete all Pumpkin Modes to light Jack-O-Lantern Multiball.

Boogeyman Mini-Wizard Mode
After visiting Hedge Mode, Sanitarium, House Mode, and all Six Jack-O-Lantern Modes, the Boogeyman Mini-Wizard mode will begin. Lock all 7 balls in the order given to you to complete Boogeyman Wizard mode, the enjoy your victory lap multiball!

Night He Came Home Wizard Mode
If you’ve played and fully completed all modes to their fullest extent, Night He Came Home Wizard Mode will be lit!

#356 4 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Congrats man. Halloween is my wife's favorite horror series and she really liked the trailer. Hope to get to try one someday. Yegpin 2022?

#357 4 months ago

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

#358 4 months ago

My local arcade just stated they bought a HWN CE to route

#359 4 months ago

I showed some non-pinhead friends the promo video today. They said "the hedges"!
I replied, "Spooky had my money when I saw the hedges" hahahahah

#360 4 months ago

Scored a SE. 3rd Spooky title for me!

#361 4 months ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

If the Paypal went through you got one, congrats!!!

#362 4 months ago

Does Spooky allow pick ups from their factory? I figured it would be a much longer drive from Louisville, but only about 8 hours. Could make a cool long weekend road trip for when the time comes.

#363 4 months ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Does Spooky allow pick ups from their factory? I figured it would be a much longer drive from Louisville, but only about 8 hours. Could make a cool long weekend road trip for when the time comes.

I believe so. That's what I'm planning on doing.

#364 4 months ago

I will be picking mine up as well, gonna make a mini vacation of it.

Quoted from finnflash:

I believe so. That's what I'm planning on doing.

#365 4 months ago

I'm so hyped for this! MASSIVE fan of the original movie and this game looks unreal. Stayed up past my bedtime here in Oz to secure a CE. With this and Ghostbusters, I just need an Alien and a BTTF (someone please make a new one of these) to complete my dream theme movie collection!

#366 4 months ago

This is amazing, CONGRATS!!!

#367 4 months ago

Are there any decent pictures of the standard edition? What is it missing?

#368 4 months ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Address there any decent pictures of the standard edition? What is it missing?

I know the topper, trim level and shooter handle. Translite( bg?) is different. Otherwise, not sure.

#369 4 months ago

I heard the SE also doesn't have the knive by the shooter lane. Is that true?

#370 4 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Only the CE has it.

#371 4 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yep, that is the extra toy that is mentioned.

#372 4 months ago

Will the CEs have an actual backglass instead of a translite?

#373 4 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Will the CEs have an actual backglass instead of a translite?

All Spooky pins have backglass

#374 4 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Quoted from manadams:

Only the CE has it.

Nothing a quick trip to Walmart/Target won’t fix ....

rd

#375 4 months ago

Here's the mockups Spooky posted of the BSE and SE models.

!cid_462877f0-11af-431c-9f79-b29a80d2ebea (resized).jpg!cid_8f4158c5-8786-4daa-aa44-2cbab303459d (resized).jpg!cid_dd97d262-2f53-46d2-8cce-b21d35ff6572 (resized).jpg!cid_789785fd-5890-45a1-966f-5815500d62c9 (resized).jpg
#376 4 months ago

Anybody else excited to see what kind of inner artwork people come up with for the standard? I have faith it'll be at least as good as the factory artwork.

#377 4 months ago

I still cannot believe they sold out of these (and UM) SO quickly! Really crazy.

This theme is so up my alley, I am a little pissed I let myself miss the boat on it. Too much else going on at home, but still-

I love that hedge mech! That’s a very cool idea

#378 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I still cannot believe they sold out of these (and UM) SO quickly! Really crazy.
This theme is so up my alley, I am a little pissed I let myself miss the boat on it. Too much else going on at home, but still-

You didn't miss the boat. Pinball Star and Nitro still have games.

#379 4 months ago

I am since I am in on the SE - I figured Id go SE and customize it the way I want.

Quoted from JeffF:

Anybody else excited to see what kind of inner artwork people come up with for the standard? I have faith it'll be at least as good as the factory artwork.

#380 4 months ago

Just saw this, looks insane! I want one.

#381 4 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Just saw this, looks insane! I want one.

Pinballstar has them.

-Mike

#382 4 months ago

Any chance we are going to get a "Do you like what you see?" two ball multiball? Asking for a friend.

#383 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's also possible Chris at Kingpin has games.

#384 4 months ago

Just a thought, it would be cool if the OP can add a purchase poll with the three models so we can get a feel of what the breakdown looks like. I think more CE's were purchased then any other model.

#385 4 months ago

Other than the distributors, Spooky sold out in 33 minutes before the market place closed out for Fang Club. This is the 3rd title I've bought from them and the website only method made this a great roll out! How do we start strong arming them to look into an Evil Dead title next? =p

#386 4 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

^^^^^This!!

Chris has been very responsive to emails, nights and weekends, Chris quickly responded.

#387 4 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I am since I am in on the SE - I figured Id go SE and customize it the way I want.

I’m seeing stainless legs that look like knives and Colson’s Illusion Cherry powdercoat on the rails and speaker panel…maybe even a few drops of it GB-style at the top of each leg.

#388 4 months ago

My apologies if I missed it but do we have any info about the build schedule by chance? I'm in absolutely no rush but I'd like to get at least a feel on when I "might" get my Halloween CE.

Thanks,
Jeff

#389 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My apologies if I missed it but do we have any info about the build schedule by chance? I'm in absolutely no rush but I'd like to get at least a feel on when I "might" get my Halloween CE.
Thanks,
Jeff

50 for location, then 50 for spooky customers, then 50 to distros...

Depending on when you ordered, you could be waiting a few months or a year-plus

#390 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

Ce first
BSE second
Standard last

#391 4 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

50 for location, then 50 for spooky customers, then 50 to distros...
Depending on when you ordered, you could be waiting a few months or a year-plus

Roger that I'm in group 3, the distros. Works for me, don't get me wrong I'd like to get the game "now" like everyone else but I've got a full schedule coming up so for me the longer I have to wait the better...

Jeff

#392 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

All Spooky pins have backglass

Thanks for that info, I was wondering that... I was able to grab a Standard one, didn't know if it would have a backglass or not.

#393 4 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You didn't miss the boat. Pinball Star and Nitro still have games.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks folks - this is shocking news for my wallet.. LOL

#394 4 months ago
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
#395 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

Only Info i have seemed to gather is they are ready to start building them now.

They are waiting on a big shipment of parts they expect on Friday 7-9-21.

Also as of right now they are at around 20 games per week production. But they expect to increase that productivity over time.

#396 4 months ago

SE might be the best bang for your buck in NIB pinball for 2021. Fully featured game with a real back glass and total access to the license’s assets for $7k, I hope this is the beginning of a new trend!

#397 4 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

What?
I've owned Iron Man for about 2 months, bro.
I never intended to keep it long term, I bought it because I missed playing Iron Man, and I wanted to try to get to DOD MB (pfft lol). I'm doing some fixes to it that honestly needed to have been done by prior owner before I sell it though....replacing hammered magnet cores, adding magnet protectors, putting in the shooter lane protector (arguable if it matters at this point but it'll stop it from degrading further), and plan to sell it for what I have in it, zero profit for me. Loss if you consider my time to fix this stuff.
Plus, I found out a location near me has one that I can effectively play for free anyways, long as I want to drive 20 minutes to get over there.

Well hell, who did I mix you up with then??

#398 4 months ago

Any idea of the height of the machine (hwnce) with the topper? (Ballpark)

#399 4 months ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Any idea of the height of the machine (hwnce) with the topper? (Ballpark)

I would plan at least a foot for the topper. Apparently the knife stroke is so long, there is supposed to be slit in the top of the backbox for the knife to fit through.

#400 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well hell, who did I mix you up with then??

I mean...I've played a TON of Iron Man...I practically might as well have owned it. We had a IMVE on location for one of our local leagues for a VERY long time before we lost that location. Hell, at the new location that has it, I got 2 shots off finishing Jericho the other day.

There are 3,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside