(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,677 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 234.
#10401 88 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It's happened to me twice now, glass off time. The guide is really thin and unsupported so can easily be bent up or down by a ball. You can just see it under the ball in the photo.
[quoted image]

Have definitely never encountered that and the metal lane guide looks pretty robust, are these earlier machines and did they beef those up to prevent this in latter games?

#10402 88 days ago

Just ordered my Scooby Doo Topper.

Zoinks!!!

RussMyers

#10403 88 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have definitely never encountered that and the metal lane guide looks pretty robust, are these earlier machines and did they beef those up to prevent this in latter games?

Might look robust, put your finger on it and press down. It's only about 1mm thick. Not an old machine, us UK guys only got ours recently.

I've considered drilling a hole near the unsupported end and putting a half plastic post under it.

#10404 88 days ago

For anyone keeping track, I just got an email notifying me that Scooby BSE is almost ready.

#10405 88 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

For anyone keeping track, I just got an email notifying me that Scooby BSE is almost ready.

I just received my invoice for BSE #1804.
I’m purchasing directly through Spooky.

#10406 88 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Where did you put C B N T letters from the additional apron?[quoted image]

In the trash, no use for them.

#10407 88 days ago
Quoted from Danzig:

In the trash, no use for them.

You left yours saying Spooky Doo?

#10408 88 days ago

SD #196 has FINALLY been unboxed! Wow what an unbelievably beautiful machine, every time I get a new Spooky and see it in person I'm more and more impressed. IF SD looks this good, how freaking amazing is LT gonna be???

Only had time for a few games so far - seems to have survived the journey across the sea ok. For some reason the first game did present some initial quirks - the game got a bit confused with the number of balls in game, and then ended prematurely on ball 3. Thought I would have to take a look at the trough, but it seems to mysteriously have righted itself now.

Quick question - is it a common problem for the plunge to sort of backspin out of the wireform and go down the right outlane? That's happening quite a lot, so will have to be the first thing to tweak I guess.

20240131_085754 (resized).jpg20240131_085754 (resized).jpg
#10409 88 days ago

Reduce your launch coil strength, default is 100 it does not need to be that high.

#10410 88 days ago
Quoted from Jigz:

You left yours saying Spooky Doo?

it is Spooky Pinball, looks good both ways

#10412 88 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:SD #196 has FINALLY been unboxed! Wow what an unbelievably beautiful machine, every time I get a new Spooky and see it in person I'm more and more impressed. IF SD looks this good, how freaking amazing is LT gonna be???
Only had time for a few games so far - seems to have survived the journey across the sea ok. For some reason the first game did present some initial quirks - the game got a bit confused with the number of balls in game, and then ended prematurely on ball 3. Thought I would have to take a look at the trough, but it seems to mysteriously have righted itself now.
Quick question - is it a common problem for the plunge to sort of backspin out of the wireform and go down the right outlane? That's happening quite a lot, so will have to be the first thing to tweak I guess.
[quoted image]

I would also check to make sure you've got the updated light board in that low # machine.

#10413 88 days ago

I'm loving this game but do have a concern. My flipper bats are barely touching the play field during game play. At rest the gap is fine but clearly the flipper bats are making wear marks on the play field. My guess is it happens in multi ball and the extra weight pushes the flipper closer to the play field. Can anyone recommend a fix? Perhaps better flipper bushings?
These marks will buff out and are very light but I don't want continued play like this. Definitely worse on the left flipper.

#10414 88 days ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I'm loving this game but do have a concern. My flipper bats are barely touching the play field during game play. At rest the gap is fine but clearly the flipper bats are making wear marks on the play field. My guess is it happens in multi ball and the extra weight pushes the flipper closer to the play field. Can anyone recommend a fix? Perhaps better flipper bushings?
These marks will buff out and are very light but I don't want continued play like this. Definitely worse on the left flipper.

Something is way off if this is happening. I’d reach out to spooky before starting another game.

#10415 88 days ago

Another Aus machine, 724 butter finally unboxed. Glad I went with butter, what a treat to look at. Would have posted last night but wanted to get my apron mod installed -looks brilliant! Seems like QC was definitely pretty good by this number, zero issues to report, playing perfectly.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10416 88 days ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Another Aus machine, 724 butter finally unboxed. Glad I went with butter, what a treat to look at. Would have posted last night but wanted to get my apron mod installed -looks brilliant! Seems like QC was definitely pretty good by this number, zero issues to report, playing perfectly.
[quoted image]

My Scooby and Indy also sit side by side. I saw some butter cabinets at the factory: they truly are something to behold.

#10417 88 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

My Scooby and Indy also sit side by side. I saw some butter cabinets at the factory: they truly are something to behold.

Yeah the only reason Scooby is next to IJ and not say R&M is my new main pinball space is full already so it had go in the overflow space in the next room. Ironically, the two widebodies look good next to each other though. Wish I'd done butter on R&M it looks that good!

#10418 88 days ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

[quoted image]

Superb! I had butter cabs on ACNC, R&M and Halloween but for some ungodly reason went with standard decals for SD, and now really regret it...

Will be installing the apron on the weekend too - along with everything else (can't wait to get those Phantom Lanterns installed they look amazing).

Updated to the latest code, and have put a few more games on mine now and it plays great - I think I'm really gonna enjoy this one.

#10419 88 days ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I would also check to make sure you've got the updated light board in that low # machine.

I think although it's a low number its still a much later build - all the Aussie machines go out towards the end of the CE run but you do retain your CE number from when it was ordered. I did check anyway and it does have the updated board - thanks for the heads up.

#10420 88 days ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Something is way off if this is happening. I’d reach out to spooky before starting another game.

Exactly, do NOT continue to play the game until you resolve the issue with the flipper bats hitting the playfield, this should never happen. It could be a multitude of things but check that your flipper bushings are flush to the bottom of the playfield and that the screws holding them is aren't loose. Then properly gap the flippers to the playfield, if you need help with any of this Spooky should be able to help.

#10421 87 days ago

Must be shipping soon!

#10422 87 days ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

Does anyone have an issue with the right outside loop sending balls to the center drain? It doesn’t happen if the ball is going pretty fast mostly at slower speeds. Sometimes Mystery Machine Multi ball sends 3 balls down the drain. Not exactly down the middle, just slightly to the right tip of the left flipper. My machine is pitched at 7.

Yes. Very often. And it's infuriating. Mine tends to happen more with perfectly hit, hard shots. But it also happens with the MM dropping balls out. The amount of cheap drains I've gotten from well hit shots and the MM putting them into play is staggering and is currently the main reason I don't play Scooby that much these days. I'll get it figured out at some point.

I checked my pitch the other day to make sure it was correct. Pitched at 7 and perfectly leveled.

#10423 87 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Yes. Very often. And it's infuriating. Mine tends to happen more with perfectly hit, hard shots. But it also happens with the MM dropping balls out. The amount of cheap drains I've gotten from well hit shots and the MM putting them into play is staggering and is currently the main reason I don't play Scooby that much these days. I'll get it figured out at some point.
I checked my pitch the other day to make sure it was correct. Pitched at 7 and perfectly leveled.

Right orbit drains are an easy fix.

It’s the only adjustment I’ve made on my machine.

The ball is hugging the lane tightly, and hitting the ring on the post, sending the ball SDTM.

Get a flat blade screwdriver. Slide it between the post and the top of the ball guide. Slowly bend out the top of the ball guide out a mm or two (as per picture) - same as they do it in the factories. I saw a Stern guy do it on their play test line.

Play a few games, tweak again as needed. Might take a couple of goes as it settles. Fixed!

rd

IMG_6421 (resized).jpegIMG_6421 (resized).jpeg
#10424 87 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

I had this problem sooo bad. Almost every shot coming out of the right horseshoe went STDM. I messed with the outermost ball guide and that fixed it. Haven’t had any issues since.

#10425 87 days ago

Anyone getting topper shipment notifications?

#10426 87 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone getting topper shipment notifications?

Morgan told me end of the month. But I haven’t received a shipping notice.

#10427 87 days ago

Just did the ball guide fix on the right loop exit that a couple of you suggested. Played a few games and it feels much, much better. Didn't have a single STDM. It was indeed a super easy fix. Taking off and replacing the glass probably took longer than the fix itself haha

Thanks for the suggestion everyone.

#10428 87 days ago

We've been slowly shipping out toppers. I think five more are going into the mail today. We tend to do the equivalent to a "soft open" with this stuff, so we can garner feedback from those first few customers. This helps us perfect things like packaging and communication of the installation process before ramping up production.

#10429 87 days ago

̶A̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶p̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶?̶ ̶E̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶2̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶P̶E̶T̶G̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶o̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

Claimed! Might sell these if there's any further interest.

20240131_214642 (resized).jpg20240131_214642 (resized).jpg

#10430 87 days ago

Really enjoying this - just like every Spooky I've owned the modes are just so brilliantly engaging. Holy cow though - the Daphne shot is so hard, I don't think I've actually managed to hit it once yet!

#10431 87 days ago

Anyone want a free pair of spacers for the flipper button lights? Ended up printing 2 pairs, printed out of clear PETG. They fit perfectly in the groove. Just pay for shipping.

PM sent. Thanks

#10432 87 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Superb! I had butter cabs on ACNC, R&M and Halloween but for some ungodly reason went with standard decals for SD, and now really regret it...
Will be installing the apron on the weekend too - along with everything else (can't wait to get those Phantom Lanterns installed they look amazing).
Updated to the latest code, and have put a few more games on mine now and it plays great - I think I'm really gonna enjoy this one.

Yeah second thing I did the other night was code update mine. I don't know that I've seen any other mods that have really grabbed me. Felt like R&M needed a lot more in the respect and is a bit lacking. But Scooby feels a lot more polished and better decorated. Definitely the first Spooky game that's had any appeal for me since R&M got me on board with Spooky. Hopefully the arrival of of my EHOH BRK next week doesn't take too much of the shine off Scooby!

#10433 87 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Really enjoying this - just like every Spooky I've owned the modes are just so brilliantly engaging. Holy cow though - the Daphne shot is so hard, I don't think I've actually managed to hit it once yet!

Fred has been trying to hit that since 1969.

#10434 87 days ago

Before I contact Spooky can anyone suggest what’s causing this problem.

My ball launcher cannot get the pinball out of the shooter lane. It kicks/tries 4 times then kicks up a second ball which are both launched into play. I checked the key posts and don’t see this noted.

Thank you in advance

#10435 87 days ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

My ball launcher cannot get the pinball out of the shooter lane. It kicks/tries 4 times then kicks up a second ball which are both launched into play. I checked the key posts and don’t see this noted.
Thank you in advance

Magnetized balls?

#10436 87 days ago

Thank you in advance

Also try turning the coil power of that coil down. If it's too high, the ball can bounce back in and cause this.

You can experiment with coil power up/down until it works consistently.

Also watch through the coin door with a flashlight at what is happening in the trough.

RM

#10437 87 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Also try turning the coil power of that coil down. If it's too high, the ball can bounce back in and cause this.
You can experiment with coil power up/down until it works consistently.
Also watch through the coin door with a flashlight at what is happening in the trough.
RM

I’ll check if the balls are magnetized and the ball launcher coil power.

It has no problem kicking balls up from the trough, it just doesn’t launch hard enough to get them out of the shooter lane.

Once it fails on the 4th launch attempt it kicks up another ball from the trough and has no problem launching both balls out of the shooter lane into play.

#10438 86 days ago

I’ll check if the balls are magnetized and the ball launcher coil power.
It has no problem kicking balls up from the trough, it just doesn’t launch hard enough to get them out of the shooter lane.
Once it fails on the 4th launch attempt it kicks up another ball from the trough and has no problem launching both balls out of the shooter lane into play.

There are a ton of write ups on this issue with many different suggestions. Check out a few posts #6666 #7690 #8691 #9093. Hopefully something will get you back on track in those comments. I've had great luck (knock on wood) and no issues with pushing the little metal tab up against the playfield and lowering my launch coil strength to 70%.

#10439 86 days ago
Quoted from usafstars:

There are a ton of write ups on this issue with many different suggestions. Check out a few posts #6666 #7690 #8691 #9093. Hopefully something will get you back on track in those comments. I've had great luck (knock on wood) and no issues with pushing the little metal tab up against the playfield and lowering my launch coil strength to 70%.

Thank you!
I used Pinside search and it didn’t pull those up.

Edit: I just realized that I should have used search in topic NOT Pinside search.

#10440 86 days ago

Thank you in advance

It's an alignment issue or most likely a bad launcher mech.

Check underneath the PF and see if there is a lot of play in the mech side to side. Mine had this horribly bad and was very inconsistent on launches. I tried everything in this thread and eventually gave up and contacted Spooky. They sent me a new launch mech and there is no play in the new one (none) and it seems to be working well so far. We need more games on it to be sure but it is far better than the one that came on my game.

#10441 86 days ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

for all those with launcher issues and have a 3d printer.....
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6374075

I did the main support bracket and it worked great.

IMG_7510 (resized).jpegIMG_7510 (resized).jpeg
#10442 86 days ago

Has anyone experienced the game freezing after doing the last character mode? I didnt beat them, only 2 that game, but after the last character mode ended, the entire game froze and had to turn it off. This happened two times, the only times I got to 7 character modes.

Thanks,

#10443 86 days ago

Would anybody care to share how much they paid for shipping? I feel like my charge is considerably high.

#10444 86 days ago

$400 I believe to Buffalo NY. All depends on the shipping company and if you’re rural. I picked mine up at the hub.

#10445 86 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Would anybody care to share how much they paid for shipping? I feel like my charge is considerably high.

I was in the $400 range. Can’t remember the exact amount

#10446 86 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Mine was $495 to my front door in Southern California.

#10447 86 days ago

$321 to Richmond, VA but I picked up at the depot to get that rate (about 40 mins from my house).

$471 to deliver to my house direct

This would be last May btw

#10448 86 days ago

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I was given a price of $580.

And I was told Spooky is in full control of the shipping costs.

#10449 86 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I was given a price of $580.
And I was told Spooky is in full control of the shipping costs.

How could Spooky possibly be in full control of the shipping costs, when the shipping is done by outside vendors?

#10450 86 days ago

Just got shipping notice for our topper!

Should be next week, yay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,100 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.