(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,763 posts
  • 636 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by cleland
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SD Arrival (resized).jpg
IMG_8906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8914 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8918 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8919 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7559 (resized).jpeg
20240502_161339 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdub03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7759 7 months ago

CE# 1149 email just came in today for me as well. Direct order thru Spooky for those keeping track.

1 month later
#8176 6 months ago

#1149 ready for pickup, hearing this game weighs a small ton. Can anyone confirm? I have a beast of a turn in my basement staircase. GnR nearly killed us.

2 weeks later
#8414 5 months ago

Does anyone know if Spooky addressed the plunger stabilizer issue? I have my CE 1149 arriving next week and want to confirm if this design issue has been solved for or should I just order the Ninja mod. TIA

#8516 5 months ago

1149 is finally settled in! So far everything seems to be working well with the exception of the volume going up and down during a game (not seeing any volume indicator on the screen). Going to do a log dump and send to Spooky. Game is really a work of art.

Scooby (resized).jpegScooby (resized).jpeg
#8523 5 months ago
Quoted from bazzles:

I'm checking my email religiously for my #1256 invoice lol. Hopeful that I'll get the machine before Christmas but with the holidays and all I'm not sure if things will be slower (I know shipping typically is during the holidays).

I think Spooky close this week (minus support), but my game was ready mid Oct. I asked them to hold it for a few weeks because I wasn't able to take delivery. I ordered direct from Spooky. Hope you get yours before Christmas!

#8570 5 months ago

Anyone added under cab and/or backbox lighting to their Scooby? Curious what kit you used. Tia

1 week later
#8720 5 months ago

hey all, my right flipper seems weaker than the left. I also noticed that the right flipper tends to not stay up if a ball comes in hot when I try to cradle it (horseshoe shots on the right for example). Is this the flipper hold setting? Anything I should check on the mech itself? I don't like just boosting power to a coil if there is something mechanical I should look for.

#8770 5 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I posted this earlier with no responses. Has anyone seen similar behaviour to this?
"Can scooby snack multiball time out? I was just in it and after a while it seemed to end and return to normal play, I still had 2 balls in play. I started another mystery, still with 2 balls in play and after a while drained down to 1 ball, all sound went while I flipped about trying to hit the final shot but drained. Seemed like it was pretty bugged."

Yes it does time out, but you do get bonuses for 2 ball play, you can also stack villian modes in scooby snack MB. I did this last night and finished a mode with a 2 ball bonus lit on the screen during the unmasking.

#8771 5 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I took the glass off and started doing a quick clean of the playfield. They must laser cut or water jet the metal playfield ball guides. The edges are extremely rough for any surface coming into contact with another metal piece. They really needed/ need to debur these parts. To those not as anal as we are this is going to destroy balls and end up turning 7 balls into a nice 400 grit roller. After noticing this i took a few balls out and they looked well played and not how balls should look after 150 plays. To the point where i compared them to games ive had for about a year( change balls around the holidays) and those faired way better and had more plays. Ive worked with sheet metal in the past while in my previous career as an Aircraft mechanic and this is just sub par and shouldnt be accepted on such a high dollar item.

It's funny you mention this (not really funny). I cleaned my buddy's Scooby a few weeks ago and I was shocked at how the balls and playfield looked. While making a flipper adjust on my Scooby last night I noticed my brand new carbon balls looked very worn. I was wondering how this could be with less than 100 plays so far. I may buff the rails, or change the balls every few months in Scooby. Concerning for sure.

#8777 5 months ago

My 1149 has been pretty good overall. Little tweaks to make the game "mine" but overall no real issues. The game is a blast to play overall and has some of the most unique code I have ever seen on a game.

1 week later
#9088 4 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

FINALLY unmasked and Black Knight! One thing I never caught was that it's not that you always shoot the white to turn red, at least once you shoot the red to get the whites to blink again, after that initial first time.
I need to watch a video tutorial on the Milkshake character game, I find the instructions confusing.
Yesterday I bashed Captain Cutler a second time and started some pirate mini game? I didn't last long enough to tell what the heck was going on, but I swear it said hit the flashing red, which there wasn't one after a few seconds of the game starting.

With the new code, you need to complete the pirate hurry up before qualifying Captain Cutlet mb again. This is to prevent people from just running up scores in Cutler mb over and over.

2 weeks later
#9362 4 months ago

Kinda bummed on the topper cash grab as well, but alas that is the market now. It's much better than the stock on the CE that's for sure. Also has a lot more than several other mfr toppers out there for the same price.

#9633 4 months ago

Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma On

1 week later
#10065 3 months ago

Anyone have pics of their clear mesh on the grills? Would love to see the impact. This is an easy swap IMO.

#10074 3 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

This is what mine looks like with the black mesh in front and the pearl white mesh behind. Picture is from three months ago when I installed the mesh.
[quoted image]

Forgive my ignorance on this. Why stack it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of passing more light if the black is still installed?

#10224 3 months ago

curious for the group. My right flipper tends to "bounce" a ball when it comes fast from velma or shaggy shot. I realize I can up the flipper hold to prevent this, but what has everyone else done on this. My left flipper doesn't seem to have the same issue.

#10284 3 months ago

As the ball is coming back down to the right flipper, as I go to catch/cradle it, the flipper goes back to the resting position and then engages again causing the ball to go back up vs holding/controlling it. I am guessing I need to increase the hold power, I just don't love boosting settings on the coils.

#10399 3 months ago
Quoted from timbo74:

I'm a long term machine renter, and the guy I rent through is offering nib Scooby for a rent. Is this a good game? How's the code? My tastes are more skewed towards JJP/Stern historically. Cheers!

Game is amazing, code (latest) is also very good. Co-op, five players each character has perks. It's a very well thought out game. They still aren't finished with the code, so more to come.

#10425 3 months ago

Anyone getting topper shipment notifications?

2 weeks later
#10670 84 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I still want undercab lighting for Scooby

I used the Mezel kit. Looks fantastic in person, just used the outlet in the cabinet. All my games are on smart switches so the outlet powers down from there.

#10673 84 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Guess I should have said - I want one that is interactive with the game vs static or controlled via a remote. And to my knowledge that does not exist.

That would be awesome. The new topper syncs much better with the speaker and pf lights. A "smart rail" system of RGBs for the cabinet would be pretty cool.

#10696 83 days ago

I got the email topper was shipping on the 9th, it arrived on the 14th. Ordered direct from Spooky. They ship slow UPS via shipping.com. I live a couple hours from them and it took snail mail essentially. But I did get the notice and it arrived well packed.

1 week later
#10811 70 days ago

@ Spooky just wanna say thank you for listening to your customers on code development and actually adding code to a game. The other two "big box" shops could really learn from the support and development you take time putting into a game. Well done.

1 week later
#11014 58 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

its all fun and games till your bookcase dont open

Mine isn't opening as well. I could hear the servo trying to move the door for a little while but now I don't even hear that. I have a case open, I am sure they will remedy the issue quickly. Overall the pin has been a blast to play.

#11169 55 days ago

Installed code last night and my shooter lane can't get the ball out until a few tries. I had it set for stock before and had no issues. Anyone else have this happen? I know I can juice it up, but was curious if Spooky turned down the coil power by default. Volume levels were all over the place as well, I will try tweaking these tonight as well.

#11179 55 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Is this real or a joke? I updated the code yesterday morning and by the time our tourney started at 7 the game started behaving wildly launching balls and ending games, after hemming and hawing over it for an hour (it happened right after I had the playfield up, thought maybe I was the cause) I found the balls were magnetized and doing weird shit in the trough. I was going to replace the balls today but if it’s just going to happen again (and there is a degaussing circuit) I might revert to the old code for now.

It was a joke, there isn't a degause circuit in the game. If your balls do get magnetized quickly, replace with Carbon balls. They will last longer.

#11191 54 days ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Can someone tell me what advances the clock to activate the green ghouls? I missed the last update and just brought it up to speed today. Thanks.

The slings advance the clock, once they are qualified the ghoul inlanes are lit.

1 month later
#11617 20 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I got a shipping notification from Spooky, so I think my redesigned toppers parts are on the way!
Hopefully my topper works

I got my new board a couple weeks ago, it took two minutes to replace and it runs perfect. Hope you have the same result! It's a great topper.

2 weeks later
#11720 6 days ago

Anyone notice how hard this game is on balls? I clean my PF and balls every few months and I feel as though I have the ball trail line on the lanes in my Scooby before any other game. Less than 500 games on this and I replaced the balls days one. Clear is tough so I am fine with cleaning, just surprised to see the trail lines so fast. On the topper note, I also got the replacement board and while it's working, I hear the servo trying to run when it shouldn't so it's only a matter of time. I may just leave it open and disconnect it til Spooky has a fix. At least then I get the video mode and clips.

#11724 6 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

How many games it got . I play mine a bit and have none of that

I am just short of 500 games on it. And I have cleaned it twice and it's on the second set of balls now. For a game I've had for less than a year, that seems more often than my other games. Don't mind cleaning games, just surprised to see it on a game that has good rubber by default and seeing the balls getting chewed up quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Village, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdub03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.