(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 30.
    #1201 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Or would it be possible to have them set up in the front parking lot to the side of the entrance where everyone would walk past?

Parking is a issue in the future. We did fill up and have people parking in our over flow lot 10 min walk away. But we are only limited to 112 parking spots their.

#1202 6 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

There was a NIB, strange looking cocktail-sized pinball playfield for auction that Todd Tuckey bid on and won. I'm going crazy trying to figure out exactly what it is from, as it had flipper mechs, a scoop and bumpers as if it were pulled from a fully functioning game. It was labeled a "pinball topper" and had "Hollywood Hits" typed on the box label, but it sure didn't look like a topper...

It's not a pinball topper, but a slot machine topper. WMS made a slot machine that had a pinball theme, and when you got certain awards on the reels below, this topper started running the ball around the path of different pinball mechanisms. I don't know the name of the machine off-hand, but it was discussed extensively on r.g.p at the time it came out, so you should be able to find out more with a well-focused Google search.
    .................David Marston

#1203 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

It's not a pinball topper, but a slot machine topper. WMS made a slot machine that had a pinball theme, and when you got certain awards on the reels below, this topper started running the ball around the path of different pinball mechanisms. I don't know the name of the machine off-hand, but it was discussed extensively on r.g.p at the time it came out, so you should be able to find out more with a well-focused Google search.

Very cool! Thanks for the info!!

-Doug

#1204 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I have one of those. Steve Young found he had a bunch and sold them to us over 10 years ago. Back then you could not get repro pop bumper caps for AFM. So I bought a Red one. There were worth it for the parts. Coils, Kicker mechs, lane guides...

#1205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

What makes you think that someone who doesn't wash their hands after using the restroom would use hand sanitizer? I have a little bottle for personnel use that I carry with me for events like this. A lot of businesses will provide little containers with their logo on it for nothing, maybe we could have a basket of them for people who want them.

The hand sanitizer isn't for the people that don't wash their hands, it's for you after you've played BECAUSE they don't wash their hands. But yea, I always bring my own pocket sanitizer at shows. It's sort of strange when you think about it seeing how as kids we never thought about how many other people with dirty hands touched an arcade joystick or flipper buttons on pinball, but I guess when you're an adult most realize how digusting it really is.

#1206 6 years ago

participation request:
    I gave a seminar on Saturday morning and I thank all those that attended. At the beginning I asked those who were pointing cameras in my direction to share the resulting video with me if they would. Having a couple of other camera angles helps make the video more watchable.
    I am in the process of combining assets to make a YouTube version of my talk. I have the original assets that were projected on the screen so if that is what you pointed the camera at then read no further.
    If you have a still picture or video of me talking at the seminar I would like to have it to potentially integrate into the video.
    I make no promises, but if I use some of your content you will get credited at the end (I'm out of TeeShirts).
    Just PM me here at Pinside and we will figure out some 'cloud' way of transferring the footage.
    Either way I already have enough stuff to make a decent video but I'm always looking to do better.
    thanks in advance
    ddt

BTW this was my first time at Pintastic and it was fantastic. Gabe and David were great hosts and it was wonderful to get to meet and talk with some pinball enthusiasts from the other coast. I'm never disappointed when engaging with pinball people.

I also was surprised to find out that Mr. Yeti is a born and raised Hoosier as am I. That's a Grandfaloon for you.

#1207 6 years ago

R there any auction results? A friend of mine who also didn't make the show is interested.

#1208 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The "funny brownies" were a key part of the show.

On saturday I could have hung around long enough and got a contact high off a few folks, wish they stuck to brownies....

Note to self: take friday off from work and go then...Saturday was crazy busy. I was blowing up AS for a while and was starting to feel bad about people waiting behind me, but happy for Gabe it seems like he has quite the hit on his hands.

Next year Ill drag out Road Show, I promise.

#1209 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Water was everywhere, not just on the sinks. When walking over from the sinks to the paper towel dispenser one time, I skidded and almost lost my balance.

Wishful thinking...but that most likely wasn't water.

Some people really are just inconsiderate, and either learn to not make a mess or clean up... but they won't.

#1210 6 years ago

Why is it frowned upon to load multiple balls using manual ball lifts on old EMs? This can't be a new issue since games have been around forever. Does this mean that when games first came out this was frowned upon too? Serious question as I'm new to very old games.

#1211 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Wishful thinking...but that most likely wasn't water.
    Some people really are just inconsiderate, and either learn to not make a mess or clean up... but they won't.

I did see that every metal fixture in the bathrooms were constantly dripping with condensation. The condensation dripping onto the floor combined with the sloppy pissers probably caused the infinite wetness of the floor.

- Doug

#1212 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Why is it frowned upon to load multiple balls using manual ball lifts on old EMs? This can't be a new issue since games have been around forever. Does this mean that when games first came out this was frowned upon too? Serious question as I'm new to very old games.

I've never heard anybody care about this. It's not an issue.

"multiball" woodrail games usually last about 20 seconds.

#1213 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

The machines are designed for one ball per play. You have plastics that are likely over 50 years old with 2" flippers. To
    me it's courtesy to play the game correctly or at least respect an antique pin. Part of it is education too, you have a ball in the shooter lane and start it in play. Ball drains, load another ball.

I watched this kid load 5 balls crammed up in a pile by the plunger and she kept ramming the lift nearly breaking the playfield glass.

#1214 6 years ago
    Quoted from daudioguy:

participation request:
    I gave a seminar on Saturday morning and I thank all those that attended. At the beginning I asked those who were pointing cameras in my direction to share the resulting video with me if they would. Having a couple of other camera angles helps make the video more watchable.

Next time I will have to bring tri-pods for everyone! How people hold those cameras up for an hour is beyond me.

#1215 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

P.S stay away from the brownies.

Hey, at least they were legal , I should say lethal

#1216 6 years ago

We witnessed small children climbing on top of machines as if it were a playground. Parents just standing there. Had to go over and be the "ass" to say your child can't be climbing on top of the machine. Was not impressed with how some people treat other peoples property. (That being a small percentage.)

#1217 6 years ago

i brought 11 machines and everytime i walked by i thought people were very respectfull of them - the only issue i had is somebody took my taxi off freeplay - i have no idea why somebody would do that. i always leave the keys with the game - or in a lot of cases my games don't even have locks. taxi didn't have a lock - it looked like it did - but you could just open the door. next year i will put locks on all of them so something like this doesn't happen. thanks ed

#1218 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

i brought 11 machines and everytime i walked by i thought people were very respectfull of them - the only issue i had is somebody took my taxi off freeplay - i have no idea why somebody would do that. i always leave the keys with the game - or in a lot of cases my games don't even have locks. taxi didn't have a lock - it looked like it did - but you could just open the door. next year i will put locks on all of them so something like this doesn't happen. thanks ed

Any the batteries good? I'm just wondering it someone walked up to a just started 4 player game and turned the game off and on to clear them.

#1219 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

We witnessed small children climbing on top of machines as if it were a playground. Parents just standing there. Had to go over and be the "ass" to say your child can't be climbing on top of the machine. Was not impressed with how some people treat other peoples property. (That being a small percentage.)

Yup Assh0le parents raise little versions of themselves . We need more authoritative adults patrolling the games , in respectfull way at first. Then a size 13D up their azz for the repeat offenders

#1220 6 years ago

As Freeplay coordinator I would like to thank all of the game bringers. A few even brought lots of games....Brian set the bar high with 16 of them. I can not call you all out because so many brought things this year. we filled freeplay right up! Considering my 7 games and most of Gabes never hit the free play room that means we had over 30+ more then last year.

Thanks to the many people who helped set up the room, move games, tech on them and keep the show rolling. I am tired but I enjoyed the show and will return next year. Wish Bride has the Audit option because I would bet it got played 800+ games easily. We are already in prep for next year with work on our procedures and other things.

#1221 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Yup Assh0le parents raise little versions of themselves . We need more authoritative adults patrolling the games , in respectfull way at first. Then a size 13D up their azz for the repeat offenders

We could use more volunteers helping in many areas of the show.

#1222 6 years ago

I'd totally volunteer next time around!

#1223 6 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

We could use more volunteers helping in many areas of the show.

Something worth the effort. Unfortunately my conceal and carry permit falls about 5 miles short of the site

#1224 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

You are the trend setter hopefully more people will join in. I'd probably do
    It for a short shift maybe 4 hours . And I do wear a 13 D

#1225 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

What makes you think that someone who doesn't wash their hands after using the restroom would use hand sanitizer?

Prolly the same misanthropes that "wrecked the buffet" with their gluttony.

#1226 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

I volunteered for the first time this year and I'm definitely going to do it again! It was a lot of fun and I got to meet a bunch of great people.

#1227 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

I volunteered for the first time this year and I'm definitely going to do it again! It was a lot of fun and I got to meet a bunch of great people.

Thanks for volunteering, really helps the show and saves the promoters money. If done right I'd be a free play monitor. I think Walkie Talkies would do some good for the communication between us.

#1228 6 years ago

157 (resized).jpg157 (resized).jpg

#1229 6 years ago

The above is just too true.

#1230 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Prolly the same misanthropes that "wrecked the buffet" with their gluttony.

It's a shame really. Allentown has bathroom attendants , keeps the scum somewhat in check. Hey old retired dudes could make a few $ in tips this way. Heck have them offer sanitizer the same way they offer paper towels

To the Joey Chesnut wannabes : there is a reaction to your actions . I just hope the party isn't removed due your lack of compassion and your poor judgement .

#1231 6 years ago

As the Vendor Hall Coordinator I'd also like to take this time to thank all the vendors for loading up their wares and lugging it to the show. They are also the unsung heroes. For those of you that think those booths get setup and broken down by pinball elves in a matter of minutes I challenge you to volunteer next year to see the magic take place behind the scenes and offer your assistance. It was great to see a lot of returning vendors and especially nice to see some new ones. For those of you that are unable to volunteer your time at the show you can help Pintastic by supporting these vendors, at the show and online. Coming home to a package in the mail is nice but nothing beats seeing the merchandise in person and talking to the vendors about their product. Again, thank you all for attending and I plan to reach out to you again individually to thank you and ask for any suggestions and concerns for future shows. - Dan

#1232 6 years ago

Hope people enjoyed the tournament! Sanctum crew did a great job running it. With the new Stern Pro Circuit rules, there's a good chance that the Silverball Rumble will become a circuit event by 2019 or 2020. Might attract even more top players.

I've been chopping up some of the tournament footage and throwing it up on youtube for any tournament folks. CrazyLevi and others called a pretty spectacular match between Phil Birnbaum and Eric Stone in the finals on Bow & Arrow.

Gonna put the rest of the non-corrupted finals videos on youtube and keep everything else archived on twitch in case people want to watch their play.

#1233 6 years ago

I want to big thank you to Gabe and his outstanding crew, Dan and all the volunteers who did a fabulous job with this years show.
    By far the best PinTastic yet. We had a great time and we also made some great connections with some great people.

Zombieyeti: What a great guy you are! Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to show me some of your awesome photoshop techniques.
    You are a true inspiration to me and I am sure many other artist out there in the Pin Kingdom

My son and I were also happy to see Jack at this show..Our buddy Dave picked up a Dialed IN and we can't wait to play it...
    Chris and Melissa from Coin taker, Pinbox 3000 guys...Jeff from classic arcades.. Jim from Boston Pinball.. Rock custom.. Mike Daddona and The Guys from Automated.. Todd Tuckey of course.. Barry Oursler.. my buddies YZFGUY and BEEZLEBOB of course ...LEE.....Joe Miller...Steve Keeler.. Ed Zeltman... LEVI.. AL PINAHOLIC...it would not be a show without them. And how can we forget Captain PInTastic!
    and Oh yeah..the beer girls

I also want to take this time and say thank you to all our great customers and supporters for stopping by and showing their love for us and also our products. It was great to finally meet so many of you folks face to face instead of speaking through text messages and emails. You guys are what make the show of course. Thank you for your continuous support.

While I am at it... my family and my friends Dennis, Cory, Steve and Dave for the unbelievable skills and support. They are an amazing team and I am truly blessed.

Anyway..Overall..we had a blast! We will be back next year for sure and hope to see all of you folks there. I have a feeling that next years show is going to off the hook!

plan ahead!

#1234 6 years ago

It's a shame really. Allentown has bathroom attendants , keeps the scum somewhat in check. Hey old retired dudes could make a few $ in tips this way. Heck have them offer sanitizer the same way they offer paper towels
    To the Joey Chesnut wannabes : there is a reaction to your actions . I just hope the party isn't removed due your lack of compassion and your poor judgement .

I think that for the agriplex the bathroom dudes r included in Ivan's rental rates but I'm not sure 100%. Keep in mind if at Sturbridge they're not included, then it's a huge added expense for gabe.

#1235 6 years ago

So I have a question/concern about the Best in Show competition....

When I set up my games on Thursday I was given the two pieces of paper with my info on them, One game was for sale, one game was not, and I filled out the papers accordingly. When I returned on Saturday the paper on the game that was not for sale had been replaced with a new one, and it said not for sale, but the the not was crossed out with black sharpie. I’m just curious why this would have been changed, and wanted to make sure my game was at least considered for best in show (even though I know I probably would not have won…. The game that did win was very nice and deserved to win). The game that won also had a price on it. So I guess I’m confused as to if games are for sale if they can be entered in the Best of Show competition?

Thanks!
    ~Jeff

#1236 6 years ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

So I have a question/concern about the Best in Show competition....
    When I set up my games on Thursday I was given the two pieces of paper with my info on them, One game was for sale, one game was not, and I filled out the papers accordingly. When I returned on Saturday the paper on the game that was not for sale had been replaced with a new one, and it said not for sale, but the the not was crossed out with black sharpie. I’m just curious why this would have been changed, and wanted to make sure my game was at least considered for best in show (even though I know I probably would not have won…. The game that did win was very nice and deserved to win). The game that won also had a price on it. So I guess I’m confused as to if games are for sale if they can be entered in the Best of Show competition?
    Thanks!
    ~Jeff

We are fixing the bugs in the new game registration process. But any game that is for sale or not is considered for the best in show competition.

#1237 6 years ago

Special shout out to Tony D. for a wonderful job managing the troubleshooting and repair duties on the show floor. Those of us who have had to repair machines in the midst of a show with every pinball expert who lives within a 200 mile radius offering advice and people climbing all over you as you try to work, knows how difficult this is. Tony is one of the best tech guys I've seen in the hobby and is a huge asset to the show.

Thanks to Gabe and the others who worked so hard to make this show a tremendous success.

#1238 6 years ago

so were any of the seminars recorded?

#1239 6 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I know that mine was, as were both of the other seminars I sat in on (Barry's and Jeremy's). I don't know about the rest.

#1240 6 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Several of them appeared to be. Where the recordings will actually pop up, I have no idea. I'd suggest searching youtube next weekend for pintastic or pintastic 2017.

#1241 6 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

For those of you that are unable to volunteer your time at the show you can help Pintastic by supporting these vendors, at the show and online.

We have a few things we do between shows where we could use some volunteer help. We should package up the tasks and make a formal request for pre-show volunteer help around early June next year.

#1242 6 years ago

The show is still changing and evolving. It is after all only the 3rd year of it and it is growing. So ideas are always helpful, even if not implemented they are talked about. Staff is already working to resolve the freeplay card issues and making that better. We are trying to go to a computer based system in which at some point in time you will be able to pull up any game, see who brought it, and where it is. This is all a major work in progress and we will be working on it a lot between now and the next pintastic. We have a lot of bugs to work out with it but once this is done and working we will have a great game check in, tracking, and be able to keep tech notes on game issues as well.

#1243 6 years ago

My first year there was a learning experience for me and my wife. This year was fun for us because we got to see people we had meet last year. We purchased a Ms Pac-man from Jeff at Classic Aracde. This year Jeff helped us locate some much needed parts for our Phantom of the opera and our Comet
    It was a pleasure Meeting Todd Tuckey! I also had the pleasure of meeting ForceFlow and thanked him for him helping with questions I had when I first joined pinside. Awesome show!

#1244 6 years ago

From my own experience, the third show is always the best
    and most remembered.

#1249 6 years ago

Hi Dan, and Staff.....

Ive heard in person from around 15 people and the vote is overwhelming........

Best all around show...Period.

Thanks to all you guys for your hard work!
    Its noted by even those that did not attend.....hopefully Next year!

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/25?kp=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.