(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 368 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1498 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 30.
    #1151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

eliminate the free play room and move everything into a single room.

I fully understand why you would want this but as a patron, Dear God NO! Congestion is not something I want to deal with while trying to have a good time. I'm sorry business was down for you, may it even out and improve with follow up biz. I hope you return next year and have more traffic than you can handle

Quoted from Lermods:

Hope many of you were able to play the GB prem we had in our booth with the backbox and other mods on it. It was played nearly nonstop and had roughly 375 plays.

Holy Crap! Thank You So Much for bringing that! I put on about a dozen plays myself. Beautiful and well playing machine.

#1152 2 years ago

Pintastic!!!! Such a great time!! Awesome to see all of my NE pinball brothers and sisters! A Big "High Five" to Gabe, Dan and Dave for putting on a fantastic event! Huge New England THANK YOU for the amazing talent that took the time away from their busy lives to pay us East Coast fans a visit......David, Barry, Todd, Jack, Butch and Zombie Yeti........You guys were awesome, so down to earth and personable, thank you for being apart of Pintastic 2017. After meeting these boys, I can now say I went from being a big fan of their work, to a super fan! Loved the seminars, learned a crapload of interesting stuff, all of them knocked it out of the park. Last but not least, a thank you to the pintastic girls, who I fell in love with for a brief time and who gave me the strength to stay up until 2:30am every night while living out of my CRV!! The only thing better than pinball are the amazing women that support our ridiculous love of this rather obscure hobby.

IMG_0494 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0496 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0497 (resized).JPG

#1153 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Shame on me, but I only know Alberto in that bunch, and that dude can ball. He kicked my ass every damn time I played him in the NYC league. That was years ago, shit!

I was scoring on Saturday and did a bunch of Alberto's games. He always looked like he got 3 straight sdtm. Then I looked at his scores and dammmm. Very understated.

#1154 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Oh boooo! Here's to hoping that someone just packed up the wrong gray hand truck?

I found the hand truck all is well.

#1155 2 years ago

Gabe breaking down his pins in the VIP lounge ... or taking a nap, I couldn't tell.

IMG_0372 (resized).JPG

#1156 2 years ago

What does that say at the top of the box?

IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

#1157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

What does that say at the top of the box?

it's empty.

#1158 2 years ago

I guess I forgot to add

#1159 2 years ago

Who's a happy boy?! Brian - Thanx again for all your help. - Dan

IMG_0260 (resized).JPG

#1160 2 years ago

Capt. Pintastic and the PinBox Cowboys!

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG

#1161 2 years ago

Game Over!

IMG_0369 (resized).JPG

#1162 2 years ago

Sorry I missed it this year, there never seems to be enough time.

#1163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I think Eric Stone took 1st
    Phil Bimaum 2nd
    Tim Sexon 3rd

Congrats to Eric! Florida State Champion and National SCS Champion!

#1164 2 years ago

Pintastic kids korner and kids tournament line.

IMG_0401 (resized).JPG

IMG_0402 (resized).JPG

#1165 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

My kids loved this, they were over there a lot. Thanks for making this so family friendly!

#1166 2 years ago

A joy to see all the kids, and your continued support with a kids corner!

A special show, indeed!

#1167 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A joy to see all the kids, and your continued support with a kids corner!
    A special show, indeed!

Parents need to make sure these little darlings don't press a four player game, play one ball and walk away. I will say I didn't see crazy monkey flipping, which was nice...

#1168 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Parents need to make sure these little darlings don't press a four player game, play one ball and walk away. I will say I didn't see crazy monkey flipping, which was nice...

While this is true, I saw more grown men do it than kids.

#1169 2 years ago

All 8 games home and off the trailer.....not yet on legs....need rest..... I will see what kind of audits I come up with I am not sure if I reset all of them prior or not...

#1170 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Congrats to Eric! Florida State Champion and National SCS Champion!

The finals video can be seen here on Timballs Twitch(commentary by CrazyLevi and others): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157667473

#1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

All 8 games home and off the trailer.....not yet on legs....need rest..... I will see what kind of audits I come up with I am not sure if I reset all of them prior or not...

I forgot to check audits again this year. Curious to see numbers.

#1172 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

This happened to me on Diner in the free play room. Thought about re-starting the machine, but did not think that would be cool on someone else's machine. Had to waste 11 balls to get back to a 1 player fresh game. I can't say the 4 player was done on purpose, just did not know what button to push to start I bet.

#1173 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

This happened to me on Diner in the free play room. Thought about re-starting the machine, but did not think that would be cool on someone else's machine. Had to waste 11 balls to get back to a 1 player fresh game. I can't say the 4 player was done on purpose, just did not know what button to push to start I bet.

I think if the start button is held for a number of seconds every thing will clear to start a 1 player game.

#1174 2 years ago

Thanks to the Pintastic staff for running another great pinball function for the third year in a row. I'm sure we all have no idea just how much work goes on behind the scenes by some hard working folks to put this all together.

One suggestion I haven't seen mentioned yet is there should be an "enforced rule" about no drinks on top of the games. Not everyone that attends Pintastic is an actual pinhead who would understand just how much damage a spilled beer on top of a playfield glass can do to a pin.

#1175 2 years ago

Got back from Pintastic a little earlier today after arriving on Thursday. What an exceptional event! It just gets better and better. I loved the VIP Lounge and 1 hour early entry. As a Production Run 2 customer expecting my delivery in September, I was psyched to get hands on with the production Multimorphic P3 at Aardvark's booth. After getting in maybe 15 games, I'm more excited than ever to receive mine. It's really looking good and I even got the chance to start converting some of my friends into believers.

Thanks to all the vendors who take time to come and support the show and community. I was able to score a schematic for my new game from Mayfair and grabbed a resupply of some LEDs from Cointaker. I've also got my eye on an alternate Medusa apron I saw there but I have to think about that a bit more. I wouldn't have known about it though had they not had them on display. Also got in a good game of Star Wars in the Vendor area and that's a modern machine I could maybe see myself owning. I'm mostly an EM to early SS guy so saying that just highlights how good I thought it was.

I scored a good deal on a wedgehead at the show, though I went down there with no expectation of buying a game. I just couldn't resist Since I hadn't planned on buying I had to beg some tools and help this morning to break the game down but that was no problem due to the helpful community of pinball people who support the show. Many thanks to Eric Bundy and the other guys who helped me out, and kudos to Gabe and the Pintastic crew for having plenty of dollies and a lift cart available. I know of at least 2 games coming back to Vermont. If I'd had the room, I might have grabbed 2 more. Still might try and grab another after the fact I have the phone number!

I'd agree with the sentiments I've seen posted already to do away with the Auction and host the flea market, or at least some part of it, indoors. The auction this year didn't have much and seemed a bit of a waste of space and I'd agree the Flea Market visibility was pretty low if you didn't know where it was from years past.

As usual, the Sanctum crew did a stellar job on the Rumble and the machines seemed to hold up beautifully and issues were fixed quickly. I hadn't intended to play at all, but I did end up doing one entry just to say I had.

My only disappointment, but I use that word tongue-in-cheek, was the Mystic Gate Bingo machine. It was off more than it was on, it seemed, and I only got to play it once, but rang up a 16 credit winner! Those things are beasts to keep running and don't much like being moved so I can sympathize, owning a Roller Derby myself. Great to see one there and thanks for bringing it! That skill shot gate was a cool idea for that time!

The EM lineup was superb again this year and I found the Ringer horseshoe game a lot of fun. That reminds me I have to Google that one and see how it works. Very unique piece! It was really cool to see the massive levels of support from guys like Brian Bushey, Eric Bundy, the Southern NH club and all the individual owners who brought out games to play. I heard they overflowed the Free Play area and had to put some machines into the vendor room. That's show support for you.

I'll be buying my Super Pass the day they go on sale for 2018. Great, great event that I enjoyed even more this year as several friends came for the first time. We finally hit the hay about 3AM Sunday morning in the VIP Room. Glad I took Monday off too to recover

#1176 2 years ago

the show was a blast ! i brought home the Star Wars from Automated Services ! we have it up and running at Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

That is me and my wife waiting with the kids for their turns at playing, Lucas did a nice job blocking my gut so I like that photo! It was nice that the tournament was in the main room, after the first time playing we just left the kids in line and went shopping at the various vendors but could keep an eye on them as well.

#1178 2 years ago

Great show, and thanks to all involved-- I really had a fantastic time. All of the folks who worked the event were friendly and helpful, and it was really well organized. So please don't take the comments below as criticisms, but rather as friendly suggestions to help improve things...

- Change the rule regarding machine removal. On Friday afternoon, I unexpectedly bought a machine (the Fish Tales that was near the front door). I could have removed it after 8 on Friday without penalty, but I really wanted to leave it out so that people could enjoy it... and doing so meant I was "stuck" until after 8 on Saturday (or had to pay the penalty). I would suggest a time stamp system-- for example, that machines have to stay in free play for 24 hours or pay the early removal fee, but not tie it to the time of day that a machine can be taken.

- Get a better system of tracking who owns machines. After I purchased mine, I went up to the registration booth to turn the keys in and change the game into my name, and I was told that there was no way to do that this year.

- I can see both sides of this one, but I would suggest spreading out the EM games more. It will relieve some of the congestion of the center aisle where lots of people were crowding in to play the more popular titles.

- Move those couple of vendors out of the free play area and into the vendor area-- that's a lot of space that could have been used for more games.

- You may want to add a notification that players should not turn on games that are turned off. I turned off a game that had a flipper locked on, and went to file a repair ticket. When I brought the top half of the ticket back to put it with the game, someone had turned the game back on, and was attempting to play-- locked flipper and all.

- I agree with the others-- do away with the auction. There were really only a couple of interesting pieces (a box of used rings? Seriously?), and it's a lot of space taken up for the entire weekend for an auction that lasted about an hour. That space could be repurposed for the flea market, and would get both more foot traffic and get the vendors out of the elements.

- At some point on Friday, the hotel ran out of pint cups, and switched to a much smaller cup (12 ounce maybe?) and didn't correspondingly adjust the price of the beer. I noticed quite a drop off in the number of people walking around with beer after that.

#1179 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Great show, and thanks to all involved-- I really had a fantastic time. All of the folks who worked the event were friendly and helpful, and it was really well organized. So please don't take the comments below as criticisms, but rather as friendly suggestions to help improve things...
    - Change the rule regarding machine removal. On Friday afternoon, I unexpectedly bought a machine (the Fish Tales that was near the front door). I could have removed it after 8 on Friday without penalty, but I really wanted to leave it out so that people could enjoy it... and doing so meant I was "stuck" until after 8 on Saturday (or had to pay the penalty). I would suggest a time stamp system-- for example, that machines have to stay in free play for 24 hours or pay the early removal fee, but not tie it to the time of day that a machine can be taken.
    - Get a better system of tracking who owns machines. After I purchased mine, I went up to the registration booth to turn the keys in and change the game into my name, and I was told that there was no way to do that this year.
    - I can see both sides of this one, but I would suggest spreading out the EM games more. It will relieve some of the congestion of the center aisle where lots of people were crowding in to play the more popular titles.
    - Move those couple of vendors out of the free play area and into the vendor area-- that's a lot of space that could have been used for more games.
    - You may want to add a notification that players should not turn on games that are turned off. I turned off a game that had a flipper locked on, and went to file a repair ticket. When I brought the top half of the ticket back to put it with the game, someone had turned the game back on, and was attempting to play-- locked flipper and all.
    - I agree with the others-- do away with the auction. There were really only a couple of interesting pieces (a box of used rings? Seriously?), and it's a lot of space taken up for the entire weekend for an auction that lasted about an hour. That space could be repurposed for the flea market, and would get both more foot traffic and get the vendors out of the elements.
    - At some point on Friday, the hotel ran out of pint cups, and switched to a much smaller cup (12 ounce maybe?) and didn't pondingly adjust the price of the beer. I noticed quite a drop off in the number of people walking around with beer after that.

Was the locked flipper on TZ in the vendor area or EATPM in the free area? Just wondering as I ran into those, machine already on.

#1180 2 years ago

Was the locked flipper on TZ in the vendor area or EATPM in the free area? Just wondering as I ran into those, machine already on.

No, it was on one of the Alpha Numeric SS games near the end of the center row. I don't remember the title. I walked up to the game to play it, and noticed the flipper locked (and an active game, with a ball in the shooter lane... so someone just walked away from it when the problem started), so I immediately turned the machine off and went to fill out a trouble ticket.

#1181 2 years ago

This happened to my son and I on the Hobbit, which gives you pretty much endless do-overs for short balls. Took forever to clear the 4 games the kids left on. The woman behind us didn't understand what we were doing and seemed kind of po'd.

#1182 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

No, it was on one of the Alpha Numeric SS games near the end of the center row. I don't remember the title. I walked up to the game to play it, and noticed the flipper locked (and an active game, with a ball in the shooter lane... so someone just walked away from it when the problem started), so I immediately turned the machine off and went to fill out a trouble ticket.

Was Probably my Zac Time Machine, I had a burnt coil, on the outside flipper, tried to sub a williams coil, worked for a while, but was to strong and broke my flipper, had to turn it off, not like your going to find Zac parts at the show, Was great show though, Brought 6 pins, sold 4, and had 2 win best of show, Totem and Eye of the Tiger, That was a real bonus for me, Met lots of great people, Drank to much, but man it was worth it!!

#1183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Just as big an issue was kids ramming the ball lift on antique EM's then turning them into multi ball..... Total BS especially with the parent standing next to them. The staff did an awesome job, especially the pinball tech and his very nice wife who cleaned the playfield glass each morning. I will put together a list of suggestions for next year and in no way am I blaming the promoters for the few issues that came up. Mostly I have nothing but positive thoughts on this show. I try to be objective in these matters and not having kids, I try and filter out the activities that don't interest me and don't comment on them negatively. Gabe and I did our best to bring the Beer Girls to Pintastic 2017, the interaction just wasn't there. I put in countless hours screening, texting, emails, CL ads etc.., and well I ended up with a T-shirt. It was a great idea that just didn't work out. At least I got to see the hard part of the show on a very small scale. Putting Pintastic together takes a tremendous amount of work, imagination, and a lot of front money. I cannot thank these guys enough for doing this show.

In a nutshell my suggestions will be: Move the flea indoors, eliminate the weather. Scrap the Auction. Thankyou Buffet, it's really simple to fix the cost and amount of food. I got a system I used for 15 years when I provided breakfast and lunches to crews in the field, worked out well. I will come up with something that Gabe and company can look at. Game play monitors, give out fair warnings to people who aren't respectful of others property.

#1184 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Just as big an issue was kids ramming the ball lift on antique EM's then turning them into multi ball..... Total BS especially with the parent standing next to them. The staff did an awesome job, especially the pinball tech and his very nice wife who cleaned the playfield glass each morning. I will put together a list of suggestions for next year and in no way am I blaming the promoters for the few issues that came up. Mostly I have nothing but positive thoughts on this show. I try to be objective in these matters and not having kids, I try and filter out the activities that don't interest me and don't comment on them negatively. Gabe and I did our best to bring the Beer Girls to Pintastic 2017, the interaction just wasn't there. I put in countless hours screening, texting, emails, CL ads etc.., and well I ended up with a T-shirt. It was a great idea that just didn't work out. At least I got to see the hard part of the show on a very small scale. Putting Pintastic together takes a tremendous amount of work, imagination, and a lot of front money. I cannot thank these guys enough for doing this show.
    In a nutshell my suggestions will be: Move the flea indoors, eliminate the weather. Scrap the Auction. Thankyou Buffet, it's really simple to fix the cost and amount of food. I got a system I used for 15 years when I provided breakfast and lunches to crews in the field, worked out well. I will come up with something that Gabe and company can look at. Game play monitors, give out fair warnings to people who aren't respectful of others property.

Would the flee market guys be ok with bringing their stuff inside? Would have to lug it in because their is no vehicle access.

#1185 2 years ago

To be honest about the manual ball lift, the parents probably had no idea it was a bad thing to do. I know when I got my Rack-A-Ball that was the first thing the kids did was get all five balls going at once. They probably thought "This machine is sixty years old, my kid cannot be the first one to have ever thought of this". Not sure how to prevent it, there are already more signs then people can stop and read. For a pinball show you will always get these things; manually loading more balls in the older machines, leaving after playing one ball, putting four players in by mistake and leaving or the worst of all (IMHO): putting the game on four players so you can play an in demand game more.

We saw the beer girls when they first got there and did not see them again, sorry it did not work out but at least you gave it the old college try!

#1186 2 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Was Probably my Zac Time Machine, I had a burnt coil, on the outside flipper, tried to sub a williams coil, worked for a while, but was to strong and broke my flipper, had to turn it off, not like your going to find Zac parts at the show, Was great show though, Brought 6 pins, sold 4, and had 2 win best of show, Totem and Eye of the Tiger, That was a real bonus for me, Met lots of great people, Drank to much, but man it was worth it!!

P.S stay away from the brownies.

#1187 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

P.S stay away from the brownies.

The "funny brownies" were a key part of the show.

#1188 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Would the flee market guys be ok with bringing their stuff inside? Would have to lug it in because their is no vehicle access.

Or would it be possible to have them set up in the front parking lot to the side of the entrance where everyone would walk past?

#1189 2 years ago

I just thought of something else... some stations with hand sanitizer would be nice. I get a little skeeved out thinking about the people I watched walk away from the urinals without washing their hands and went right back into the free play area.

#1190 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I just thought of something else... some stations with hand sanitizer would be nice. I get a little skeeved out thinking about the people I watched walk away from the urinals without washing their hands and went right back into the free play area.

While that initially sounds like a good idea, the alcohol from it on peoples' hands may quickly start wearing off the paint around the flipper buttons on games.

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

What makes you think that someone who doesn't wash their hands after using the restroom would use hand sanitizer? I have a little bottle for personnel use that I carry with me for events like this. A lot of businesses will provide little containers with their logo on it for nothing, maybe we could have a basket of them for people who want them.

#1192 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Amen...... Friday afternoon the bathroom paper towel dispenser was broken (missing entire front) and a soaking wet quarter roll of paper towels was in a puddle on the sinks....I had a bottle of Purel in my pocket (glad I planned ahead)

So, maybe dry paper towels in the bathroom to start?

#1193 2 years ago

So much water on the sinks that I thought the geese got in and took a bath.
    Maybe a seminar to show some how to help keep restroom clean.
    -Mike

#1194 2 years ago

Water was everywhere, not just on the sinks. When walking over from the sinks to the paper towel dispenser one time, I skidded and almost lost my balance.

#1195 2 years ago

I used the one down by the auction room, it was less busy and a little cleaner.

#1196 2 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Pulled up the photos on IPDB-- yes, it was that machine.

#1197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So much water on the sinks that I thought the geese got in and took a bath.
    Maybe a seminar to show some how to help keep restroom clean.
    -Mike

Ha! Yes, that should be a seminar lol...

I had a urinal that appeared to be location of a "Manscapeing" incident, never observed that much content on a urinal.....O, and it wasn't water under the urinals....Maybe a seminar on "proper aiming procedure" as well

#1198 2 years ago

Anybody know what the Star Trek pro went for at charity auction?

#1199 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody know what the Star Trek pro went for at charity auction?

I'm pretty sure it sold for $4,700. I bid up to $4,200 and bailed.

#1200 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm pretty sure it sold for $4,700. I bid up to $4,200 and bailed.

I think it was $4650.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.95
    $ 79.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 1498 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside