(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playdium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

I also am looking forward to the July event. It will be my second, and can say that I have the "pinball bug". I have 2 recommendations for the show.
    1) Have a live demonstration on play field restoration. Demonstrate the sanding, repainting, refinishing techniques. Maybe some beat up play fields could be donated for such an event. Might also be a good plug for someone that does it as a business.

2) Beer girls! A couple blonde german girls in Octoberfest garb with big... mugs. Would we need bouncers for this?

#50 7 years ago

I had a 24' car trailer few years back, now have a 14' cargo trailer. If I were closer I would help haul some for you. Anyone local that has a car trailer that would haul for a price for you? I would use a trailer with an E-Track system in place to ratchet everything down.

2 weeks later
    #94 7 years ago

Gabe,

I'm interested in bringing several machines to sell. I wouldn't want to be in the outdoor flea market, so is my only other option the free play room?

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Your options are:
    (1) Free play room with "For Sale" marked on the game cards - lots of perks if you do this!
    (2) Consign to the auction, where they will be on free play until auction time
    (3) Outdoor flea market (no electricity)
    (4) Take a booth in the vendor hall
    Is that enough options? In all 4 cases, you can tout what you're selling in online forums ahead of the show.
    .................David Marston

Great info. Put me on a mailing list.

#124 7 years ago

What about rates for vendor area booth's? What is the cost to enter machines for free play? (If any)

Also, how do you arrange the games in "free play"? Is it first come first serve, or do you have a method for arrangement?

I may bring machines for free play as well as "project machines".

Thanks

#138 7 years ago

I just went online for curiosity to check room availability. It shows no rooms available for those days. So I just spoke to the front desk and did book a room under the Pintastic room block. If you are going, it's best to call them.

1 week later
    #179 7 years ago

What about classic EM shooting games? Any members care to bring any and display them? Or are these not allowed to this show? They seem like they can be a bear to work on.

#185 7 years ago

Another request you should make Gabe, is the condition of the public restrooms near the free play area. This was mentioned earlier in the year regarding the show. The restroom was a disgrace, and hotel management really needs to step up their game.

Are we heading towards handing out latex gloves in the free play area?

2 weeks later
    #215 7 years ago

I plan on bringing several EM's for free play. Hope to see some classics there.

#226 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

From Instagram today!

Sloppy scribbles? Wish I had that talent. Hat's off!

#237 7 years ago

Gabe,

Just registered 3 machines. GREAT job on the web design!!! Who does your work?

1 week later
    #276 7 years ago

Very impressive Gabe!

#286 7 years ago

Wow, there's a lot going on there. Looks great!

1 week later
    #303 7 years ago

Curious how the "Free Play" registration is going. What's the capacity for that room? (Machines)

#306 7 years ago

I already registered several for free play. I may add more, but my lower back can only take so much.

#319 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Please do not start a wtb or for sale thread. The free play list will go live in the next 2 weeks. That list will be updated every day. It will list if the game will be for sale or not. Thank you.

Yes, I too am on the lookout for a specific title. However listing games prior to the show will create "vacancies" and fewer machines for sale at the event.

I plan on having several Gottlieb EM's for sale. But would rather enter them in the show for a possible sale. People travel great distances from what I saw last year, in the hopes of finding specific titles.

1 week later
    #342 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic gives away a huge amount of CASH and PRIZES to free play bringers. Check this out https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

Planning on adding to the list. Thanks Gabe.

2 weeks later
    #404 6 years ago

Um, "Beer Girls" are daughters of Dad's like some of us.

#407 6 years ago

"Ardvark" (Allan Davidson) who sets up in the vendor hall, usually has play field glass. However, it's best to call him ahead of time to confirm if he has any in stock.

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...that's certainly a picture that says, "Massachusetts."

Hilarious!!!!

#454 6 years ago

Beer Girl. I just found her.

#509 6 years ago

Where are we compared to last year for free play entries?

#522 6 years ago

Someone bring a Gottlieb Lucky Hand that I can buy.

#566 6 years ago

Some of what I'm bringing to "Free Play". And yes, they will be for sale.

2 weeks later
    #640 6 years ago

Gabe,
    What time Thursday, July 6 can we arrive to unload?

2 weeks later
    #727 6 years ago

Gabe,
    Outstanding work on the posters. Should definitely make things easier for people this year.

2 weeks later
    #1126 6 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Growing pains and in no way blaming Gabe. The show has been run very well and we are very happy with it.
    Couldn't agree more. Gabe is doing an amazing job. We're having a blast. How was anyone to know that some attendees would channel their inner Joey Chestnut and go into competitive eating mode.

Very well said!

#1216 6 years ago

We witnessed small children climbing on top of machines as if it were a playground. Parents just standing there. Had to go over and be the "ass" to say your child can't be climbing on top of the machine. Was not impressed with how some people treat other peoples property. (That being a small percentage.)

#1418 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

"Almost " only counts in Hand grenades, Horse Shoes. Atomic Weaponry , and drive-ins.

HILARIOUS!!!

#1440 6 years ago

And turn down the volume on your mic Gabe. The mic was blasting in the free play room so bad that you couldn't even decipher what was being said.
    I agree with no band. Car shows that have had loud music playing are a huge turn off. People want to be able to have a conversation. That was impossible when your announcements on the mic came over.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playdium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.