(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I plan to bring BOP2.0 again this year.....

1 month later
    #144 7 years ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

She's a beaut. Thanks for moving it into the Freeplay Area after the Vendor Hall closed down last year too.

Hopefully no breakdowns this year....but rumor has it we may have parts in the freeplay hall with Brian?

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The free play coordinator Dave M usually arranges the games by era. Em's and wood rail along the back wall and newer games to the middle with a good mix on the edges.

I like to try and try being the key word to keep a lot of games from an era together. It makes it a little easier for players....that being said I also try to keep owners games together...it does simplify things a bit.....

#163 7 years ago

I think I am still a VIP right????

#170 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Well if you don't book early you won't get a room. The hotel will surely sell out earlier than last year.

I booked last year lol

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Ok that's early enough lol

you would know I booked right after you did. 24 hour VIP lounge may need a sleeping area for the people keeping an eye on it...

2 weeks later
    #208 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Yeah last year it was Mother's Day weekend. I always drive up to Maine to see my mom on Mother's Day. I lucked out last year and she had to work it. Saw her the next weekend.

You drive up my way might be worth shooting me a message if you have a little time before going home.

#217 7 years ago

I may have a couple newer pins that not many have played coming to the show in not for sale status. Bop2.0 and something else is in the works......

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

I know but vendor hall closes early

It was at the after party too...I have no issue wheeling it around to vip for the night.

#225 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Awesome! YOU ROCK!

I bring it to let it be enjoyed....love the game myself so not selling it but with all the love it got last year and the fact so many told me thank you for bringing it, it was a no brain to bring it again......

#227 7 years ago

So I think I am going to Tease a bit more but a fairly rare machine is bound to my home right now. It will be going with me to pintastic and will be available for all to play. I would love to some guesses on what it is, hint it is not new in box either so.....good luck with your guessing.

#232 7 years ago

Hint # 2 before unwrapping.

20170322_124736.jpg20170322_124736.jpg

1 week later
    #278 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Thanks guys but I can take no credit for the map. Joel and Guerard deserve all the credit. The lay out yes that is all me and I hope this creates more traffic for vendors.
    Remember if vendors don't do well it does not make sense for them to come to the show. So please hold off till show time if you can to spend your hard earned cash. Show them we appreciate them Thanks Gabe

It should since some very nice games will be in the vendor hall......

#290 7 years ago

thinking about opening it up to a vote for Which machines, other then BOP2.0 and Pinball Magic go to the show.

#292 7 years ago

Should not be to hard to avoid.....We don't have to many that are the same.

2 weeks later
    #372 7 years ago
    Quoted from openpinballproj:

Dave Marston has graciously allowed me to do another seminar this year. (I promise, it will be the last). I'm bringing SharpeShooter III to the show and a new rethemed pinball which ToyotaBoy and I are currently collaborating on. (less than 75 days left to finish a machine that will be completely different than its original form) Hopefully both machines will fit in my car. I'm thinking of tailoring the talk to homebrew pinball, and diving a little bit deeper into how the electronics work.
    Did I mention the free stuff? I plan on giving away another set of OPP boards, and all the remnants of the original Dolly machine (MPU, driver board, sound board, etc) that are not part of the retheme. I think that I still have a shirt to give away, too, but don't quote me on that.

I have a Dolly not looking for boards but not sure if you had any other parts like plastics ect..

#376 7 years ago

Looks like a list of people I am looking forward to seeing.

3 weeks later
    #525 6 years ago

7 listed for the show now.....may end up changing titles but plan at the moment is 7.... might be more who knows what I can get my hands on lol....

#580 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Some of what I'm bringing to "Free Play". And yes, they will be for sale.
    » YouTube video

Looks like we will once again have some great EM presence in the show!

1 month later
    #1169 6 years ago

All 8 games home and off the trailer.....not yet on legs....need rest..... I will see what kind of audits I come up with I am not sure if I reset all of them prior or not...

#1220 6 years ago

As Freeplay coordinator I would like to thank all of the game bringers. A few even brought lots of games....Brian set the bar high with 16 of them. I can not call you all out because so many brought things this year. we filled freeplay right up! Considering my 7 games and most of Gabes never hit the free play room that means we had over 30+ more then last year.

Thanks to the many people who helped set up the room, move games, tech on them and keep the show rolling. I am tired but I enjoyed the show and will return next year. Wish Bride has the Audit option because I would bet it got played 800+ games easily. We are already in prep for next year with work on our procedures and other things.

#1221 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Yup Assh0le parents raise little versions of themselves . We need more authoritative adults patrolling the games , in respectfull way at first. Then a size 13D up their azz for the repeat offenders

We could use more volunteers helping in many areas of the show.

#1242 6 years ago

The show is still changing and evolving. It is after all only the 3rd year of it and it is growing. So ideas are always helpful, even if not implemented they are talked about. Staff is already working to resolve the freeplay card issues and making that better. We are trying to go to a computer based system in which at some point in time you will be able to pull up any game, see who brought it, and where it is. This is all a major work in progress and we will be working on it a lot between now and the next pintastic. We have a lot of bugs to work out with it but once this is done and working we will have a great game check in, tracking, and be able to keep tech notes on game issues as well.

#1327 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

First year the flea market was out back on the right side. Im talking about out front on the right side so you cant miss them. Lots of people go out front to hang out.
    I also thought about getting rid of the auction and putting the flee market in their but those guys dont want to lug all their stuff in like that. So I think we should give the auction guys another shot if they want to do it. They do take games on consignment for the auction.

Or expanded freeplay into that room since we overflowed this year!

#1329 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it might be useful to spread out the EMs... The back aisle that had most of the EMs was fairly easy to navigate. The middle aisle was often not easily passable-- moving some EMs into that row to relieve congestion would be one way to keep the flow of traffic more even throughout the room.</blockqu

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it might be useful to spread out the EMs... The back aisle that had most of the EMs was fairly easy to navigate. The middle aisle was often not easily passable-- moving some EMs into that row to relieve congestion would be one way to keep the flow of traffic more even throughout the room.

I could do that row as one of the 2 middle rows....I like the uniform look of a solid row of EM games. Maybe I will use that back row for some of the higher demanded games next year to help spread the crowd.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=mainelycoasters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.