(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.
    #1401 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Pintastic girls got very little interaction with their target. The target being males who were interested in buying beer, hats, T-Shirts, or taking pics with them. A few guys did partake, but the interaction Friday night was so disparaging they did not return Saturday night.

I would say give them another shot next year, I'd be happy to volunteer some time to liven up the party. I couldn't drink as much as I wanted to because I had to drive back home Friday night. I promise to keep it respectable...well, maybe.

#1402 6 years ago

Coldond3,
    Pintastic girls got very little interaction with their target. The target being males who were interested in buying beer, hats, T-Shirts, or taking pics with them. A few guys did partake, but the interaction Friday night was so disparaging they did not return Saturday night.
    This is second party info i got from a relable source. I worked Friday night.
    DQ74

I didn't even see them, not that I really looked, but was expecting to see them floating around (And I was there like 12hrs)...Had to take photo ops with Capt Pintastic instead

#1403 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

You must have missed them, but there are two restaurants right in the hotel, both with good food and reasonable prices. I had a great breakfast in one on Saturday, and had dinner in the other all three nights- their calamari was fantastic. The food point of sale outside of the free play room was lousy and the prices were outrageous.

If that's the case, then better signage would be appreciated to direct people there. I truly had no idea at all! Otherwise, I loved the event. I'll be back next year.

By the way, if you want to bring a machine, what's the process for registering and such?

#1404 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Thought you were busy on vacation...you bastard!!
    I honestly think the timing of the show has a lot to do with attendance, as other people have said. What to do about it...that I'm not sure. Overall, I had a blast and didn't mind helping Gabe out when he needed it. Seemed like lplenty to do for everyone to me.

This is one big reason we are probable moving it to the last weekend in June.

#1405 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

If that's the case, then better signage would be appreciated to direct people there. I truly had no idea at all! Otherwise, I loved the event. I'll be back next year.
    By the way, if you want to bring a machine, what's the process for registering and such?

Bringing a game is easy to register, early May once the site is updated. Currently you can Set it up Thursday before 4pm or 8-10am on Friday or Saturday.

Glad you enjoyed the show. Wait until 2018 when they have a hot dog eating contest to get people outside to the flea market!

#1406 6 years ago

Bringing a game is easy to register, early May once the site is updated. Currently you can Set it up Thursday before 4pm or 8-10am on Friday or Saturday.
    Glad you enjoyed the show. Wait until 2018 when they have a hot dog eating contest to get people outside to the flea market!

Hot dog eating contest. Well I will try anything once.

#1407 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm sure the Pinfest people will not find it amusing...

Hey, it's autocorrected it to Pinfest! That's funny!

#1408 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

You must have missed them, but there are two restaurants right in the hotel, both with good food and reasonable prices. I had a great breakfast in one on Saturday, and had dinner in the other all three nights- their calamari was fantastic. The food point of sale outside of the free play room was lousy and the prices were outrageous.

We had the breakfast buffet at the hotel and it was pretty damn good. Cheap as well. Got our energy levels up for a long day of pinball!

#1409 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Hey, it's autocorrected it to Pinfest! That's funny!

Still not right Its Pintastic

#1410 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Hot dog eating contest. Well I will try anything once.

Im in but only if you have hot dog girls holding up hot dogs eaten numbers

IMG_3142 (resized).PNGIMG_3142 (resized).PNG

#1411 6 years ago

Now you're talkin.

#1412 6 years ago

Nope this is strictly a family show. I almost got devorced with this years promo girls stunt. No more.

#1413 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Nope this is strictly a family show. I almost got devorced with this years promo girls stunt. No more.

I don't do that kind of law but I have a huge matrimonial department at my firm....i'll hook you up.

I'll come up with some family friendly ideas. I should be a vendor again by the next show. Glad to support it.

#1414 6 years ago

Child-Friendly is always a big plus I think. Especially when you have the late-night stuff separately...that way you can have the best of both worlds. If the wife (or husband) and the kids come, they can do their thing during the day, and at night you can hit the pins alone, grab a beer, an have some fun!

#1415 6 years ago

I'd be happy to hold up hot dog numbers, shirtless. I'm all about the Pintastic cause, fellas.

#1416 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

"Almost " only counts in Hand grenades, Horse Shoes. Atomic Weaponry , and drive-ins.

IMG_3143 (resized).JPGIMG_3143 (resized).JPG

#1417 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Tournament will stay we're it is now.

Thank you, it really works very well in that spot.

#1418 6 years ago

"Almost " only counts in Hand grenades, Horse Shoes. Atomic Weaponry , and drive-ins.

HILARIOUS!!!

#1419 6 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroLIlOsf9u5Yhk_RsUMBu4T1QJ6GIS0o Four panels now up with some still processing on Youtbue after it's uploaded. Per the wishes of Jeremy "Zombie Yeti" Packer, I will not be putting his panel onto the internet.

#1420 6 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Per the wishes of Jeremy "Zombie Yeti" Packer, I will not be putting his panel onto the internet.

That kinda sucks,so glad I was there as zombieyeti was awesome!
    -Mike

#1421 6 years ago

>By the way, if you want to bring a machine, what's the process for registering and such?

There is a page for that on the pintasticnewengland.com website. When you register, you should have a specific game title in mind, but there are ways to change it if the original game becomes unavailable.
    .................David Marston

#1422 6 years ago

We are getting noticed! Check out this great PinballNews.com article

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/pintastic2017/index.html

#1423 6 years ago

Dialed In and Aerosmith are now at Game Underground in the Natick Mall

IMG_0417 (resized).JPGIMG_0417 (resized).JPG

#1424 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

...I have a huge matrimonial department at my firm....I should be a vendor again by the next show.

A matrimonial law booth in our vendor hall? They could help with pre-nuptial agreements that specify which party gets the pinball machines in case of divorce! Or as the old lawyer joke says, to really make money, you need to have *two* law firms present.

We already have a credit union booth where you can get at-show financing (if qualified). I suppose law firms would be the next step.

#1425 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

A matrimonial law booth in our vendor hall? They could help with pre-nuptial agreements that specify which party gets the pinball machines in case of divorce! Or as the old lawyer joke says, to really make money, you need to have *two* law firms present.

Too funny....that may be the busiest booth at the show once people start spending money on machines.

#1426 6 years ago

A DJ instead of Pintastic girls perhaps? I got a friend who has like 8 pinball machines in his condo and he is a DJ. He could DJ, earn some cash, and attend Pintastic. Sounds like a win-win to me.

#1427 6 years ago

David Thiel says the video of his talk is posted at

with contributions from Derek K. and Butch.
    Added over 7 years ago: This clip has been improved! Jump ahead to #1457 in this thread and view THAT version.

Added over 7 years ago: Sorry, I meant #1460.

#1428 6 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

A DJ instead of Pintastic girls perhaps? I got a friend who has like 8 pinball machines in his condo and he is a DJ. He could DJ, earn some cash, and attend Pintastic. Sounds like a win-win to me.

But Dj were for what reason?

#1429 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

But Dj were for what reason?

A sexy dance party

f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpgf57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg

#1430 6 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

There was a live music band at the first pintastic and it didn't go over well. The majority of pinheads I know are middle aged guys who are not really into dancing.

#1431 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

There was a live music band at the first pintastic and it didn't go over well. The majority of pinheads I know are middle aged guys who are not really into dancing.

hey speak for yourself - as I prefer to be called old. thanks ed

#1432 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

hey speak for yourself - as I prefer to be called old. thanks ed

LOL!, you may call yourself old Ed but I've seen you schlep multiple pinball and arcade machines around like they were made outta balsa wood.

#1433 6 years ago

I didn't really understand the idea of the merch girls. I like that you are trying new things. I like he idea of a band. The first year the crowd was very small and there weren't many machines left. I'd give a band another shot. Maybe not that particular band, but some band. Open mic? Live band karaoke? I'd like to hear some music.

#1434 6 years ago

I'm just saying a bunch of middle aged men bringing their wives along probably don't want to take pictures with 2 lovely ladies. They wonder why Pinball can't attract more women, maybe it's because we make a beeline for the games!

Thinking about it though, I think I remember a band playing. I left early because I didn't have a hotel that year. Maybe an actual DJ is what we need and not an actual band. Get some party music playing and turn out the lights. Just no "Pinball Wizard" please.

#1435 6 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

I'm just saying a bunch of middle aged men bringing their wives along probably don't want to take pictures with 2 lovely ladies. They wonder why Pinball can't attract more women, maybe it's because we make a beeline for the games!
    Thinking about it though, I think I remember a band playing. I left early because I didn't have a hotel that year. Maybe an actual DJ is what we need and not an actual band. Get some party music playing and turn out the lights. Just no "Pinball Wizard" please.

Other shows have tried the band thing and all have failed. People want to be able to talk and here the games. Lets focus people.

Most likely flea market going out front in the parking lot. Vendor parking out back.

Should the auction stay or just make that room more free play?

3 day and 2 day VIP tickets in 2018.

After party you have to have a VIP or some type of badge to get in and servers will be walking around with food. Only pizza and sandwiches in the buffet area.

Just a few things we are working on so far.

#1436 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

That Live band in 2015 was as successful as the Pintastic Beer Girls. Great concepts on paper, not actually great. Plus middle aged guys with the wife and kids are on good behavior.

The demographic age group is so wide you'd never agree on which music to
    Play. I like listening to the music that was on the radio when the pin was on route. Bonus points if the song matches the pin , example Hurdy Gurdy Man while playing Hurdy Gurdy!

#1437 6 years ago

Do away with the auction because it's a dead room otherwise. It'll help spread the crowd if you make it a free play room.

Also, just handle the catering yourself. You could've gotten a lot more food than what they supplied, for the cost.

#1438 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Other shows have tried the band thing and all have failed. People want to be able to talk and here the games.

I agree, a band would make things excessively noisy. Reminds me when I go to car shows sometimes. I just want to be able to peruse the cars, and it sounds like I'm at an outdoor heavy metal concert with the music blasting. You just can't enjoy what you are there for.

#1439 6 years ago

2 day VIP =yes
    Ditch the auction for more games =yes
    Have a band or dj = no thank you
    More selection of shirts in 3xl = yes please
    Doing all that and having fun =absolutely!

-Mike

#1440 6 years ago

And turn down the volume on your mic Gabe. The mic was blasting in the free play room so bad that you couldn't even decipher what was being said.
    I agree with no band. Car shows that have had loud music playing are a huge turn off. People want to be able to have a conversation. That was impossible when your announcements on the mic came over.

#1441 6 years ago

2 day VIP passes are a great idea.

Using the auction room for free play is a good idea but remember that you will have to have someone at the doors checking for passes or wrist strips all day.

I like the idea of the auction but I do not think it needs its own room. Put the items in the Vendor Area (or flea market) the morning off the auction to preview the items an hour before it starts and go from there. You can post items online so people can preview if you want. OR use the space from the raffle for the auction and then afterwards convert it to the raffle. Saturday morning there was only a couple tickets in each container, all the action seemed to come as we got closer to the drawing anyways.

Do not need a band and not sure where you would put them. Freeplay area is loud enough as it is, Vendor area seems like a bad idea for doing business or asking questions.

My wife requests more women's style shirts, she gave her themed VIP male small shirt to our son and bought a generic Pintastic shirt in her size. I think the artwork on these are almost evergreen, you would be able to sell them year after year if there are any left. I know she would have bought the prior years design if it was available.

Loved the glasses and hat; my game room is full of Pintastic merchandise but I always have room for more, lol. I wouldn't mind a nice polo with the logo on it, maybe a travel mug?

#1442 6 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Do away with the auction because it's a dead room otherwise. It'll help spread the crowd if you make it a free play room.
    Also, just handle the catering yourself. You could've gotten a lot more food than what they supplied, for the cost.

I wish I could handle the food. No outside food aloud this is a hotel they need to make money also.

#1443 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

2 day VIP passes are a great idea.
    Using the auction room for free play is a good idea but remember that you will have to have someone at the doors checking for passes or wrist strips all day.
    I like the idea of the auction but I do not think it needs its own room. Put the items in the Vendor Area (or flea market) the morning off the auction to preview the items an hour before it starts and go from there. You can post items online so people can preview if you want. OR use the space from the raffle for the auction and then afterwards convert it to the raffle. Saturday morning there was only a couple tickets in each container, all the action seemed to come as we got closer to the drawing anyways.
    Do not need a band and not sure where you would put them. Freeplay area is loud enough as it is, Vendor area seems like a bad idea for doing business or asking questions.
    My wife requests more women's style shirts, she gave her themed VIP male small shirt to our son and bought a generic Pintastic shirt in her size. I think the artwork on these are almost evergreen, you would be able to sell them year after year if there are any left. I know she would have bought the prior years design if it was available.
    Loved the glasses and hat; my game room is full of Pintastic merchandise but I always have room for more, lol. I wouldn't mind a nice polo with the logo on it, maybe a travel mug?

We actually have embroidered polo shirts.

#1444 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

And turn down the volume on your mic Gabe. The mic was blasting in the free play room so bad that you couldn't even decipher what was being said.

Ooof. If you were standing in the back row of the freeplay room, I'm quite sure that speaker violated OSHA volume standards.

#1445 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ooof. If you were standing in the back row of the freeplay room, I'm quite sure that speaker violated OSHA volume standards.

Hah, so true. Blaring or chopped off. Luckily, I figured I had no real reason to pay attention to any PA announcements, so I did not try to decipher. I was too busy playing pinball.

#1447 6 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Hah, so true. Blaring or chopped off. Luckily, I figured I had no real reason to pay attention to any PA announcements, so I did not try to decipher. I was too busy playing pinball.

We are bringing in another sound company to hopefully fix the problem.

#1448 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We are bringing in another sound company to hopefully fix the problem.

I figured it was a house problem. Glad it is something that can be addressed!

#1449 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Now that is service, lol. If I had seen them I would have grabbed one.

#1450 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I think the artwork on these are almost evergreen, you would be able to sell them year after year if there are any left.

Quoted from dannunz:

Is there any particular reason why you don't put the year of the show on Pintastic shirts?

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.