(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

They are making improvements but a full renovation is not happening yet.

That's disappointing...but I'm assuming the gigantic liquor store next door is still open! I'm STILL drinking the cheap booze I got there. (no joke, a 1.75 of Jack Daniel's costs about half what it does in NYC. Looking forward to stocking up again).

#86 7 years ago

Hey, now that PAPA has abandoned the PAPA format, will the tournament at this show become a pump and dump?

I have no preference - was fine with PAPA-style - just curious. Pintastic was the only other show I had been to that used this format.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Nope stick with the OG PAPA format Levi. I know PAPA abandoned it but we are sticking with it. Pintastic will be up for PAPA circuit voting again and should do well now that the 24 hour is locked in as a PAPA major.

I voted for pintastic.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

I'm sure I can get them there if I can get healthy before the show - right now I am expected out of action 6-8 weeks with a strain back - sounds like plenty of time - but hard to get better when I have to keep working and doing everything - I'm sure I will be okay by then.
    thanks ed

Wishing you a rabid recovery!

3 months later
    #512 6 years ago

You'll all be thrilled to learn I've decided to put away my reservations and made a reservation at the beautiful Sturbridge Hotel and Resort! It was the VIP Lounge / afterparty pass that swayed me! (and also the fact that Super 8 is sold out).

I've decided to embrace it! The place is certainly a musty old party, and it's kind of like the resort in Hot Tub Time Machine and I love that movie!

See you all there! Pintastic is right up there with Allentown and it's more of a party thanks to the gigantic liquor depot next door selling booze by the gallon cheap as dirt. This is a great show, not to be missed.

#539 6 years ago

And what does staying at the fabulous Sturbridge hotel and resort do for you? You get a ticket for the lounge/dinner? A VIP pass? One for every person staying in the rooms? Whatever it is, do you get it at check in? Whats a happenin?!

1 month later
    #773 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Sorry for the delay on the tournament bank everyone. So much going on and this is our ideal list but a couple details are still being worked out. 10$ an entry. Just like old papa style. 5 games a ticket. We will also have a full stream of the tournament with commentators booth and be running Karl's software with self queues and player profiles.
    Bow & Arrow
    Demo Man
    Dialed in LE
    Scorpion
    Medusa
    Dirty Harry
    Alien Poker
    Harley Davidson(Bally)
    Viper
    Hoops
    Viking
    EIghtball Deluxe
    We will also have the two linked fastbreaks setup. 1$ per player. Combine your head to head score of you and your opponent and that's your score entry into our charity tournament with a split pot for the winners and the charity. The charity is The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. It's a charity my wife's uncle started 15 years ago when his daughter died of juvenile diabetes. He spends many months a year in Paraguay bringing Clinics and clean water to remote villages and is setting up schools as well.
    -Jim

Super rare Stern Viper or super shitty Sega Viper?

Cool list of games!

#835 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Thats an awesome score for the show.
    Will we be allowed to take a video of gameplay

To ask permission is to seek denial.

1 week later
    #1198 6 years ago

Anybody know what the Star Trek pro went for at charity auction?

#1212 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Why is it frowned upon to load multiple balls using manual ball lifts on old EMs? This can't be a new issue since games have been around forever. Does this mean that when games first came out this was frowned upon too? Serious question as I'm new to very old games.

I've never heard anybody care about this. It's not an issue.

"multiball" woodrail games usually last about 20 seconds.

#1271 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The VIP room will be back for sure. Maybe even a tear 2 VIP. Thoughts?

One tier (?) of VIP is enough. What is this, a Celine Dion concert?

Great job getting a SW and Dialed In in there on Friday night. WOuld have been cool to have a few EMs or early Digitals in there also.

#1294 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I Like the suggestions coming in, 2 day superpass. Great thinking. Yes Gabe the T-shirts were high quality and colorful .
    Thanks for the clarification on the best in show and the Thankyou raffle .
    I know the tournament area is set up well and run well, it causes a traffic jam from what I observed. what if the Tournament was held in the Auction Room, is that big enough? That would open a wall for the flea to move indoors with access to unload from the double doors in the outer corner . Im not sure of the logistics of the vendors and the congestion it might cause. But Bob Adams set up was exactly the kind of unique pieces many if us flock to Allentown for. More of those types of vendors / flea sellers please! It would really up the ante and interest and eliminate the weather. Just spit-balling here.

Leave the tournament where it is. Great location and it's not in anybody's way, it's in the back of the room!

And more foot traffic for vendors is very important. I bought a funhouse apron that I never would have even seen if the tournament were back in a breakout room like before.

Crowds are a good thing. Means people are coming to the show.

#1316 6 years ago

Agreed Crowds are a good thing, but you're going to Lose the flea and then the sellers and buyers that it brings in. The Flea adds more foot traffic, and more rented spaces that's more Pintastic Revenue. The tournament next to the premier vendor games and the line to play was Heavily congested. Those new pins brought in the real foot traffic and i agree vendors need buyers.
    How do you propose the flea gets fixed? Ok to shoot my idea down, i understand the logic but where's your solution ? Flea will not work in the auction room as someone suggested. There's no way to haul parts to the area or a way to back up trucks to unload .

I don't know man. I just like the tournament where it is. There were well over 100 players this year and makes sense for them not to be stuffed in a small room.

Perhaps the flea on the side idea is good. I honestly had no idea there was a flea market this year. Just make it more visible.

#1323 6 years ago

Not every show is gonna be everything for all people. When I think pintastic, I don't think flea market - that's an Allentown thing.

Nothing wrong with trying things but I doubt you'll ever be able to get everything to work for everybody. The stuff that IS working you probably shouldn't mess with much.

#1399 6 years ago

Coldond3,
    Pintastic girls got very little interaction with their target. The target being males who were interested in buying beer, hats, T-Shirts, or taking pics with them. A few guys did partake, but the interaction Friday night was so disparaging they did not return Saturday night.

??? I saw them walkin' around on Saturday night, they were in the VIP room. Maybe they were freelancing.

Honestly it was kind of a tacky idea. I like tacky ideas but I can see why this one didn't catch on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.