(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

311 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dannunz. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Well the start of 2017 is TM and the push for PINTASTIC will begin. Here is the current draft of our 2017 promo card. If you are a vendor and would like to help destribute cards with in your ordered I would love to send you out a package.

If you are in the New England area and did not receive a package last year send me a PM and I will get one to you this year to destribute in your local area. If you got a package last year you are already on the list.

If you would like to get on the card and spo for PINTASTIC please shoot me a PM. Thank you everyone for all the hp and support in making PINTASTIC a great event!

Happy New Year
    Gabriel D'Annunzio

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

As always, I'm there...I'm Pintastic's biggest fan (and official Pintastic Pain in the Ass!).

Yes boob you still own that title.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Sounds great can't wait. Maybe I'll bring a Pinball Magic and try and sell it to you!!!

Whoops, spoke too soon, never mind. (this guy scares the beejezus out of me)

PInball Magic is the game that has gotten away from me for a few years. Would love to add it to the collection.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Yes, my favorite pinball show...can't wait!

Thank you for that!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

Looking forward to the show for the third year in a row! Any chance of bringing back pin-golf this year alongside the main tournament?

That is totally up to the Sanctum crew. They have complete control of the tournament. I can tell you that the tournament will be back in the vendor hall this year.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Excellent!
    Looking forward to another overdose of pinball and seeing the changes from years 1 & 2.
    Planning on staying overnight again, as last years experience was totally worth it
    Are there any room specials?

Yes rooms are booking $109 a night. Ask for the Pintastic pinball room block. You need to reserve your room in our block or you won't be able to get into the after party. Thanks

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Hotel room booked for Thurs/Fri. Any reason to book Weds night as well? (I live close enough that getting there isn't an issue, lol, but social stuff is worth the trip!)

If your going to book another night I would book Saturday night as well. Game room is open till 2am Saturday. We still had 130 games in free play at 10pm Saturday nighy and the beer was flowing.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Mass Rising is damn tasty!
    Hoponius Union and Smoke & Dagger are also pretty good beers.
    Would love to see these at Pintastic

Actually tree house brewery is building a huge state of the art facility 2 miles away from the show location. It will be opening next month. I'm sure this will be a afternoon trip for many people that come to Pintastic this year.
    http://treehousebrew.com/blog/2016/2/28/a-reflection-and-plans-for-the-future

#30 7 years ago

Cool quick interview of yours truly at Pintastic 2016 on our facebook page. Check it out PintasticNewEngland on facebook

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Wow..I have not been staying on top of Treehouse timelines.... Awesome...So many great craft breweries now, good times! One thing to correct from last year, there was zero, I mean zero, advertising at the show for the craft beer that was being offered....Not one sign to be seen, someone dropped the ball on that one on their part or the shows....

I agree. I was told by both the hotel and rapscallion brewery that they would post sinage. Neither did it was a bummer because it was a great deal I had worked out. Five and six dollar craft brew drafts is un herd off at a show. I could have made a ton more profit but I wanted to do something special for everyone who comes and makes Pintastic what it is. This year will be even better with similar pricing and BEER GIRLS! I'm not kidding.

1 week later
    #36 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Beer Girls cool.
    What about the Flea Market Tumbleweeds? Any hope or is it a list cause ?

I dont think its a lost cause. I like to think its a work in progress.

One thing I am going to do is give outdoor flee market vendors no reason not to come. I am lowering the cost of a out door flee market spot from $120 to $85. You get one weekend pass with your out door spot. So its basically a free spot. I hope this works!

1 week later
    #40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Milltown:

Thinkin about bringing a few,games .. since I'm 15 minutes away.. I can definitely put some cards in my shop.. and spread the word ..

Thats awesome man thank you! I PM you for more info.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

How about renting a bigger trailer. That should be far cheaper than renting a truck.

Great idea Mike! Trailer rentals are usually unlimited millage also.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I also am looking forward to the July event. It will be my second, and can say that I have the "pinball bug". I have 2 recommendations for the show.
    1) Have a live demonstration on play field restoration. Demonstrate the sanding, repainting, refinishing techniques. Maybe some beat up play fields could be donated for such an event. Might also be a good plug for someone that does it as a business.
    2) Beer girls! A couple blonde german girls in Octoberfest garb with big... mugs. Would we need bouncers for this?

Well I do have beer girls lined up this year!

As for #1 I do think this is a great idea and I tried to line it up last year. Let me bring it up in Wednesday team conference call and we will discuss it.

1 week later
    #53 7 years ago

Here is the 2017 Pintastic promo poster! Joel De Guzman did an amazing job creating this custom play field just for the show. So much detail went into the art and shading. Everyone on our promo mailing list will get 6...13" by 19" and 6...8" by 12" of these in their promo packages. Hang them up in your local public areas and help spread the good word. Thank you

IMG_4811 (resized).JPGIMG_4811 (resized).JPG

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

That is gorgeous! Hell, I want one to hang up in my game room! I'm glad the auction is coming back, btw, that was really cool and unique last year. Can't wait to get my VIP pass again this year...
    -Doug

Send me your info and I will get you out a promo package. You get a poster for free only catch is you need to hang the rest up around your local public areas. Make sure you ask permision first please.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Number41:

I've had a blast working on this poster! It's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it finally out there - hope everyone likes it! Looking forward to meeting more Pinsiders at the show and if you put one up in your game room, let me know!

Joel will be available at the show to sign this brauty don't hesitate to ask him!

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

That's a great poster. This year's promotional design has been incredible!

Thank you! Its been fun working with Joel he can transform my ideas into art. We are lucky to have him.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

The poster is great looking but is very busy as a promotional poster. You need a poster that non-pinheads are going to see and get the important info quickly. It's a great ego piece but not sure it will drive traffic in the way you hope. Not a dig on the artist.

I think the logo pulls you in than you stop and take another closer look at the details.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Any word on if the hotel has been/is going to renovate since last year? Remember reading somewhere that was in the plans before the next show.

They are making improvements but a full renovation is not happening yet.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's disappointing...but I'm assuming the gigantic liquor store next door is still open! I'm STILL drinking the cheap booze I got there. (no joke, a 1.75 of Jack Daniel's costs about half what it does in NYC. Looking forward to stocking up again).

Yes they are open and ready for you guys. Don't forget the huge tree house brewery that will be opening this year. Their new pavilion will surely be a place to visit.

#69 7 years ago

Any pics of the beer girls yet? I mean that's certainly a determining factor in my attendance also is the site accepting free play reg yet? If so please post a hyperlink.

No pictures of the beer girls yet lol.

We are in the process of revamping the game registration process. It will be a new state of the art system. Stay tuned it should be ready soon.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I would like opinions on some other hotels nearby if anyone has any suggestions. I loved being at the hotel at the show, but if the rooms are the same I'm out. Sorry Gabe, I know you get a kickback, but I'll buy a Superpass again and bring a game. I did all 3 things last year. 2/3 ain't bad...

It's not a kick back from the hotel. The whole pricing structure of the event is based off of people staying at the hotel. So if everyone ends up staying at other hotels and traveling to the show than the show will be in jeopardy.

Hey I understand and I'm trying to make everyone happy. I had a opertunity to move the show to a 4 star hotel. Yes the rooms were very nice but their alcohol policy's were very strict and restrictions on the convention center were going to make things very expensive. Also room rates would have gone from $110 currently to $190. So please take these things into consideration thanks

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Agree like location but not the hotel rooms.
    Stayed there the first year, but didn't stay the second.
    Will look for other accommodation.

I spoke to my contact at the hotel and they are making some improvements. They are in the process of replacing all the older TV's with flat screens. So far 55 new flat screen tv's have been installed.

#80 7 years ago

You guys are awesome! We are full speed ahead right now. I'm so excited about this years show guys, so much going on! So many great people involved with Pintastic. From volunteers to sponsor and vendors it's all good and I'm pumped up.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I never made it to the show yet but I really am going to try this year and am hoping to bring a big load of stuff for the flea market if I can pull it off. I have several friends that absolutely love the show but the past couple years my schedule just didn't allow me to make the trip.

Well this year a flee market spot is only $85 and it includes one weekend pass to the show so it's basically a free spot. I want to pack the out door flee market this year.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Lucky. I think it was 8 from DC... three of which you are either approaching/traversing/leaving the NYC area. No easy flight options from here to there either. Too far to drive; too close to fly. Ugh. But a fun show indeed.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Hey Rob have you looked into flying into Hartford international airport? Pintastic is a 45min drive from that airport. Direct all Heighway.

#85 7 years ago

Final pintastic promo card is at the printer!

IMG_4814 (resized).JPGIMG_4814 (resized).JPG

IMG_4826 (resized).JPGIMG_4826 (resized).JPG

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Another bump just because I wore my awesome Pintastic golf shirt to work today. Can't wait to buy my new summer shirt lineup this year!

What a shirt it will be....more info soon.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I checked last year and it was not good. Right now however, BWI to Hartford on Southwest is $54 each way. The Groupon hotel special of $59 a night seems to end in April but they'll probably extend it soon. July doesn't work for me this year but hopefully seeing this type of crazy-low airfare sparks broader interest in committing to travel! BTW, I've seen similar bargains flying to Love field for TPF...
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

You can only get into the after party if you book your room under the pintastic room block for $110 a night. Just an FYI

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Great info. Put me on a mailing list.

You can sign up for the mailing list on the front page of our web site www.pintasticnewengland.com

Thank you for bringing a bunch of games. If you put them in free play for sale you get a ton of perks and a chance to win over $3000 in cash and prizes.

#100 7 years ago

Come see my custom BOZO the crazy clown inside my Metallica premium at Pintastic 2017! Notice his shirt. Amazing transformation MacLean from Pinside did on my sparky!

1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg
    2hammer (resized).jpg2hammer (resized).jpg

clownSparky7 (resized).jpgclownSparky7 (resized).jpg

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I've never been to one of these events. I was told that between Allentown and Pintastic, Pintastic would be better for a newbie like me. I want to bring a game for the free play area. What do I need to do?

Keep an eye on the Facebook page and web Site. We will have a new game registration page on the web site up and running soon. Lots of great perks for people who bring games. Thank you very much.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Does the hotel have better in room wifi and non purple water in the bathrooms now?

The hotel has made some inprovments on the wifi service I was told. This is the first I'm hearing of purple water.

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Opinions needed on my Williams SkI Club...not a lot of these out there apparently, which is one reason I'm considering bringing it. I'm certainly willing to shop it out and bring it....but then there's the playfield. It's seen much better days.
    Worth it or leave it home?

Wow that looks very cool. People love the older games and if it's rare than even better.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm going to bring 3 or 4 games for the free play area. Who do I need to inform what games I have to bring. Thanks

Thanks man that's awesome! The game registration page will be live by the end of this week. That's were you would go to register games for free play.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

What about rates for vendor area booth's? What is the cost to enter machines for free play? (If any)
    Also, how do you arrange the games in "free play"? Is it first come first serve, or do you have a method for arrangement?
    I may bring machines for free play as well as "project machines".
    Thanks

Indoor Vendor area booths are $185 for the weekend. You get 2 weekend passes with that purchase.

Their is no cost to enter games in free play. Actually we give you a free pass as long as your game is in free play. You also get entered into all the raffles were you can win part of $3500 in cash and prizes. Put over 8 games in free play and you get a limited embroidered hat and a $50 gift certificate to the on site restaurant.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

What about rates for vendor area booth's? What is the cost to enter machines for free play? (If any)
    Also, how do you arrange the games in "free play"? Is it first come first serve, or do you have a method for arrangement?
    I may bring machines for free play as well as "project machines".
    Thanks

The free play coordinator Dave M usually arranges the games by era. Em's and wood rail along the back wall and newer games to the middle with a good mix on the edges.

#127 7 years ago

Coming to Pintastic 2017 VIP Overnight Lounge! More info soon.

IMG_4894 (resized).JPGIMG_4894 (resized).JPG

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Will the beer girls be in there?

The beer girls will be roaming around.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can I be a beer girl? I've got the boobs.

Won't you be busy in your kissing booth?

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I just went online for curiosity to check room availability. It shows no rooms available for those days. So I just spoke to the front desk and did book a room under the Pintastic room block. If you are going, it's best to call them.

Yes please make sure you book under the Pintastic pinball room block at $110 a night. Don't get left out of the host hotel. Year 1 it sold out over a month before the show. Second year I bumped up the rooms by 80 rooms and we still sold out a month before.

#140 7 years ago

Pintastic 2017 is very excited that our poster and T-Shirt will be designed by an amazing artist!

IMG_4899 (resized).PNGIMG_4899 (resized).PNG

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Oh my God WOOOW! Is he coming to Pintastic too?

yes he will be at the show as long as his sced permits.

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

Sorry, my girlfriend was into some kinky stuff. We were bathing in wine. You must of been below me.

I guess Pintastic attracts all kinds of people lol.

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I like to try and try being the key word to keep a lot of games from an era together. It makes it a little easier for players....that being said I also try to keep owners games together...it does simplify things a bit.....

You did a great job last year thank you!

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm happy I can bring my games and meet everyone that chats on the Northeast forum. I went Pintastic last year for the first time and wanted to purchase a couple pins to play with friends and family members

So you purchased some pins this year?

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from DarkTruth:

Room booked this morning. Looking forward to a great show. Keep up the fantastic work Gabe and crew.

Thank you! The Pintastic crew is an amazing bunch of people.

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

We purchased 5 pins since last July.
    DE Simpsons Striker Xtreme South Park Comet and Cyclone

That's great you got the bug congrats.

#155 7 years ago

VIP 3 Day Super Passes are on sale now! This year they are limited to 100. Here is what you get with the super pass.
    ....1hr early access to the show all 3 days.
    ....entry into the after party including a free dinner buffet.
    .....hand drawn Zombie Yeti t-shirt
    .....hand drawn Zombie Yeti poster
    .....new VIP designed 1"3/4 enamel key chain
    .....custom lanyard and badge with your name
    .....exclusive access to the VIP over night lounge (featuring games from the vendor hall and Gabes collection)

Go to www.pintasticnewengland.com to purchase them while they last.

IMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4920 (resized).JPG

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Can't wait. What is the age range for a kids ticket? I couldn't find it on the site. Thanks.

Sorry its 12 and under thank you

#164 7 years ago

I think I am still a VIP right????

You are a staff member.

#165 7 years ago

Just an FYI guys you need to call the host hotel at 508-347-3246 and ask for the "Pintastic pinball block" in order to get a room at the hotel. If you try online they are sold out you have to call. Its $110 a night remember you cant get into the after party Friday night if you are not staying in the hotel. Plus if you want to be in the middle of all the late night action you will want to be staying at the hotel. Thank you.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I always book as soon as it possible. But. now I can't remember if I did for this year already sometime last year or not yet..... that's the problem with booking so early

Well if you don't book early you won't get a room. The hotel will surely sell out earlier than last year.

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hotel room booked! Me, my wife, my avatar...the usual crowd again this year. Looking forward to the abuse...

Nice we are going to have boobies at the show again this year!

#171 7 years ago

I booked last year lol

Ok that's early enough lol

#173 7 years ago

you would know I booked right after you did. 24 hour VIP lounge may need a sleeping area for the people keeping an eye on it...

The hotel will be providing someone at the door checking for lanyards and badges from 10pm to 6am but I have a feeling the sanctum crew will be in their late into the night a specially if I get the massage girl in their like I want.

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

Massage girl? :-O

Yes that's one thing I'm working on. How nice would it be to get a massage after a long day of being on your feet?

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

What about classic EM shooting games? Any members care to bring any and display them? Or are these not allowed to this show? They seem like they can be a bear to work on.

All pinball and arcade games are aloud. An old EM shooting game would be very cool.

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I'm sorry but that's a poor excuse. Every hotel I go to for a work conference has hundreds of people using wifi to do a variety of things and they can maintain a proper internet connection. There is NO excuse other than being cheap and not wanting to fix the issue!

The hotel wifi was upgraded late 2015. But their are 2 separate systems. Your free wifi you get in your hotel rooms is only meant to work strong in the rooms. The convention hall has a separate wifi that people need to pay for on a daly basis. I'm sure it's like that so vendors don't get free wifi to use for business usage.

#184 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Yes but the problem was the wifi was NOT working well in the rooms!

Ok I will look into that. Do you remmember your room number?

#186 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Another request you should make Gabe, is the condition of the public restrooms near the free play area. This was mentioned earlier in the year regarding the show. The restroom was a disgrace, and hotel management really needs to step up their game.
    Are we heading towards handing out latex gloves in the free play area?

That will be taken care of this year. We have a dedicated hotel staff member keeping up with the rest rooms during the show. I addressed that long ago.

#188 7 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

More paper towels, please. That was just gross in there.
    Hopefully dedicated staff will improved this aspect of an otherwise excellent weekend.

Yes sir!

#191 7 years ago

VIP 3 day super pass tickets have been selling fast! We have sold 48 out of 100 VIP ticket so far and we are still 4 months away from show time. Don't hesitate buy them now.

Please don't forget to reserve your room at the host hotel as well.
    Thank you

IMG_5035 (resized).PNGIMG_5035 (resized).PNG

#194 7 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

What is everyone's opinion on the best day to go do the following(s)?
    1. Buy a pin.

2. The least busy day to play lots of pinball.
    3. Take advantage of the swap meet area and get some good parts/playfields.

1. Friday is the best but all days you can find good deals.

2. Thursday evening and if your a VIP than any day for one hour earlier and over night in the VIP over night lounge.

3. Friday morning

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Have I mentioned recently how much I love this show? Can't wait...it's always a great time. And my daughter, husband, their baby and dog are all coming. 3 generations of Boobs. (Is that gonna hurt ticket sales?)

Like I always say the more boobs the better!

#202 7 years ago

I'm wondering if the 4th of July being so close will decrease or increase the attendance ?

As far as I can tell people are buying 3 day VIP passes for their whole family at the same time. Lots of them, so I'm thinking they are planning a vacation around the show. The 4th of July is moving closer each year to the show and in 2019 we will be forced to move it one week back or forward. Will see how it all plays out.

#204 7 years ago

You'll have to adjust like Ivan does because Mother's Day is usually lurking on the same weekend as Pinfest

We are not just working around the 4th of July. Their are other local events that need to be considered. Mostly the Brimfield fair were a that whole area gets taken over by antique crazies. Right now its the week after Pintastic. So we are waiting for them to make a move and they will soon.

I don't think Ivan ever changes the Allantown show dates. Its always the first weekend in May I believe.

#214 7 years ago

----VENDOR BOOTH UPDATE----

As of today we only have 7....10' by 10' booth remaining out of 55 booths in the vendor hall. We still have one premium booth and one standard booth left in the free play room. If you want to end at Pintastic 2017 please do not hesitate reserve your spots today. Go here to reserve. https://pintasticnewengland.com/exhibitor-2/

#216 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I plan on bringing several EM's for free play. Hope to see some classics there.

I think New England collectors pride them selves on what EM games they bring for free play. They are not just old beat up machines. Most of them the last 2 years have been mint restored pieces.

Of course we will be running our best in show competition again for bragging rights. This year we will be having some more custom awards. Should be very cool.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Do it!
    BoP 2.0 in Free Play would be the shiz!

BOP 2.0 was in the vendor hall last year on free play

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

I know but vendor hall closes early

Maybe I can get him to wheel it into the VIP lounge.

#224 7 years ago

From Instagram today!

IMG_5094 (resized).PNGIMG_5094 (resized).PNG

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I was going to guess magic girl but the not nib throws me off...hmmmmmm

Since Zombie Yeti will be at the show I wanted to get a MG their for photo purposes only. Still working on it.

#233 7 years ago

Only thing I can see from that picture is it's a blue cabinet.

#236 7 years ago

FREE PLAY REG. IS NOW OPEN

Once again we will be offering huge incentives to people who bring games for free play. Over $4000 in cash and prizes will go to free play bringers.

When registering if you want access to the new VIP over night lounge you need to register at least one game that will not be for sale and will be on the floor till the end of the show.

So click below and check out our new game reg. Page that is now linked directly to the Pinside data base to easily find your game when reg. It's very high tech!

https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Gabe,
    Just registered 3 machines. GREAT job on the web design!!! Who does your work?

We have added a few new people to the team this year. Joel Guzman is our new graphic designer. Also Andy Stevens is our new programmer. Of course Gerard is still over seeing the whole web site design and operation. We are very lucky to have so many talented people on our team.

#240 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't you have a flight to catch?

TM at noon. I get to enjoy the show their is no rush.

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

how about a 50/50 charity tournament on those?

Good idea Eric.

#246 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Anyone know if multimorphic is going to make it this year?

I will be talking to them at Texas. Do you think people want to see what they are working on?

#248 7 years ago

I am at the airport jumping on a plane to the Texas Pinball Festival! Why do I do it every year? So I can bring the best speakers, vendors and most unique games to Pintastic! That's Why.

#250 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He's not lying. He gets me to Pintastic every year.

Your a super VIP!

#253 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

After a very successful time at TPF, we are going to have a booth at Pintastic.
    Anyone recommend a nearby hotel or two?
    Also, if anyone is bringing a hobbit or woz, we have some lighting mods we can supply for free if you are willing to display them in your game.
    We also have some under Cabinet lighting we can give away for some modern sterns (non spike) and a few BW games Like funhouse and sttng. Contact me for info.

We are very excited that You guys will have a booth at Pintastic 2017. Your just the type of vendor the New England collectors are looking for.

Please book your room at the Sturbridge host hotel. Ask for the Pintastic block. Get ready for a awesome time you guys will fit right in! Great products, great prices from a great company, we welcome you with open arms!

#254 7 years ago

Pintastic was well represented at Texas pinball festival this weekend. It's nice to see people walking around wearing Pintastic shirts. Ed has done an amazing job with TPF!

I spoke to many vendors, sponsors and great pinball people. I was stopped multiple times be people saying "hey are you Gabe the guy that runs Pintastic?" What a great feeling and I got nothing but praise about what we are doing.

Stay tuned for more exciting news coming up soon. Our guest line up for 2017 is shaping up nicely.

#255 7 years ago

Hey everyone make sure you book your rooms by calling the hotel and asking for the Pintastic Pinball Block at $110 a night. If you try and book online the hotel is sold out. We have rooms available reserved for our patrons.

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG

#257 7 years ago

Question...I noticed "craft beers" is mentioned on flyers etc...So, is it Treehouse Brewery as mentioned before? If so, if that was in the flyers people who are not into Pinball would have come just for Treehouse beers, as the lines are hours at a time.. I know last year there was zero signage for the Brewery that attended, I didn't even know they were there...

No, tree house is still under construction. We will have Rapscallion beer flowing again this year. They will have a good amount of signage at the venue this year. We will have their flagship honey IPA $5 a pint and Munich dark a German-style dark lager at $6 a pint.

IMG_0033 (resized).JPGIMG_0033 (resized).JPG

#259 7 years ago

Darn, that stinks...It's their new brewery that's under construction, the original is still chugging along... If anyone wants to make the drive down the street to Treehouse be prepared to wait a few hours...
    Good to hear at least one local brewer will be representing!

While your enjoying 3 days of Pinball awesomeness be sure to take a break and go visit all 4 great breweries with in 10min. of Pintastic. But please make sure you have a designated driver!

IMG_0034 (resized).PNGIMG_0034 (resized).PNG

IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPG

IMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPG

IMG_0037 (resized).pngIMG_0037 (resized).png

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Excellent!
    I drank a lot of their IPA last year and I'm looking forward to trying their Munich

The Munich is very good and it's unexpected how smooth it goes down. I had a few yesterday.

#264 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome. When are you picking me up?

I'm thinking about having a free shuttle going on Saturday.

#268 7 years ago

Or I could just drive 35 miles to the show
    Ok you listed the beers. Now how about the beer girls !

I'm sill working on the beer girls. Worst case the boob will have to put a dress on lol.

#274 7 years ago

Pintastic 2017 show map! Joel did amazing job as always. This year we are implementing our new "Icon" system. You will see these corresponding icons on all Pintastic banners and in the program to guide you to find things easier. Vendor hall is filling up fast.

IMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPG

#277 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Very impressive Gabe!

Thanks guys but I can take no credit for the map. Joel and Guerard deserve all the credit. The lay out yes that is all me and I hope this creates more traffic for vendors.

Remember if vendors don't do well it does not make sense for them to come to the show. So please hold off till show time if you can to spend your hard earned cash. Show them we appreciate them Thanks Gabe

#279 7 years ago

It should since some very nice games will be in the vendor hall......

Yes 2 circles 12 games will be from my collection. All with color dmd, titan rubbers, pin blades from tilt and Pingraffix, Cointaker led's and some with rock custom pinball light kits.

The other circle will be provided by Dave M. B0P 2.0....pinball magic, woz, funhouse and others

#283 7 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Can we start a WTB/ whats going there for sale thread? I have my heart set on bringing home my 4th pin this year!

Please do not start a wtb or for sale thread. The free play list will go live in the next 2 weeks. That list will be updated every day. It will list if the game will be for sale or not. Thank you.

#285 7 years ago

Ripleys came out beautiful. All purple titan rubbers, Cointaker led"s and a led OCD board. Next is the color dmd. Play it at Pintastic 2017!

IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

#289 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

thanks to all those who responded, I think we are going to have a GB premium on free play in our booth. i'll get in touch with those who responded and give out some free mods for their games at the show.

That's awesome. Lots of our vendors will be offering incentives to people who bring games to the show. More on that soon.

#291 7 years ago

thinking about opening it up to a vote for Which machines, other then BOP2.0 and Pinball Magic go to the show.

That would be cool make it interesting. Try not to over lap on my 12 games that will be in their.

#293 7 years ago

She is smoking hot in color lol. Another 13 color silk screened shirt! I must be crazy.

IMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

#295 7 years ago

We are looking for a few good men and woman that would like to volunteer to help at Pintastic 2017. Please go here https://register.growtix.com/volunteers/apply_step_1/pintastic_pinball_game_room_expo_2017 and register. We are looking for everything from people watching for wrist bands to vendor hall and free play set up and everything in between. With out volenteers Pintastic would not be possible. So get some cool swag and help Pintastic grow. Thank you! Gabe

#297 7 years ago
    Quoted from Krakatoa:

Volunteered the last 2 years and just signed up to volunteer again. Looking forward to another great show!

Thank you!

#300 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Volunteered two years ago and caught a shifty woman and her two spawn trying to sneak in the back door. Escorted her to the ticket counter to pay the full fare.
    And THAT'S the only reason Gabe likes me, if anybody was wondering.

No.....I like you because you are you. Don't change a thing!

#301 7 years ago

Don't be left outside looking in! Get your VIP 3 day super passes now. We only have 25 left.

IMG_0097 (resized).PNGIMG_0097 (resized).PNG

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Curious how the "Free Play" registration is going. What's the capacity for that room? (Machines)

It's going slow and steady. We do need games so please register before June 1st if you want to get 2 tickets per game in the free play give away.

Free play room will hold 186 games

Vendor hall free play holds 30 games

#305 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Hey men. How is this show for the EM guys. TIA

Big EM presence. Last 2 years the whole back wall of free play was EM's and our set up crew keeps eras apart so you can here the EM' very cool.

We also have 3 EM restorers that have booths.

#307 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I already registered several for free play. I may add more, but my lower back can only take so much.

Ask a friend or 2 to help you. We want you to enjoy the show as well.

#311 7 years ago

Outdoor Flee Market vendors needed!!! This year I lowered the out door vendor spots to $85 for a 15' by 20' spot. With that spot you get one vendor badge that will give you access to the whole show all 3 days. So it's basically a free spot. I don't know what else I can do. Let's fill it up!

IMG_0100 (resized).JPGIMG_0100 (resized).JPG

#315 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Oh, and will there be excessive drinking involved ?
    I HOPE so...

We have a full bar and Rapscallion beer on tap for $5 and $6 a pint. Not to mention the biggest liquor store in New England right next door. Oh and don't forget we have a all night VIP lounge this year. We party hard at Pintastic brace yourself.

#317 7 years ago

Pintastic VIP overnight lounge and vendor hall sneak peak video series game #1

https://www.facebook.com/PintasticNewEngland/videos/2237197776504562/

#321 7 years ago

We are so blessed to have Zombie Yetti doing the 2017 Pintastic poster and T shirt. It's getting close to being finished. Come to Pintastic and have him sign your poster.

IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG

#322 7 years ago

Updated Pintastic show map. The vendor hall is sold out currently unless someone cancels. We still have a few spots left in free play and in the hall. Plenty of out door space left as well. If you want to set up a booth don't wait till the last min. Thanks this year is really shipping up to be huge! Speaker line up TBA next week!

Pintastic2017_Map_041917 (resized).jpgPintastic2017_Map_041917 (resized).jpg

#324 7 years ago

Pintastic 2017 hotel update. As of today rooms available at the host hotel are.
    Thursday night 47 rooms. Friday night 105 rooms. Saturday night 38 rooms. Please reserve your rooms soon. Remember you must call the hotel at 508-347-3246 and ask for the Pintastic Pinball Room Block!

host hotel2 (resized).jpghost hotel2 (resized).jpg

#327 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

How are there that many rooms for Friday??? They must've heard that was the night I was coming.

Originally I had 230 rooms blocked off for Friday.

#328 7 years ago

Pintastic VIP overnight lounge and vendor hall sneak peak video series game #2

https://www.facebook.com/PintasticNewEngland/videos/2241759802715026/

#337 7 years ago

Pintastic gives away a huge amount of CASH and PRIZES to free play bringers. Check this out https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

#350 7 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions to make the VIP lounge more cool? Please keep the ideas PG-13 lol

#352 7 years ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

Besides all the sweet games you are bringing, what do you already have going on in there?

We are going to have 2 big couches in the back. I think we will have a DVD player and one big speaker pointing at the couches running pinball movies.

I am also working on a massage girl who wants to set up in their doing massages. I'm having a little trouble finding anyone but I have a few good leads this week.

#359 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Black lights.
    Some of the best arcades I frequented, used black lights to "enhance" the experience.

Ok good idea a few games at Texas has black lights over them and they looked very cool. I will look into the lighting in that room.

#365 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I have a seminar idea. What about how to build a 60 in 1? I know that's more video but I'm sure a lot of pinball people would be interested in it.

Great idea! I can have Dave Marston get in touch with you to set it up. If anyone wants to put together a panel on any type of pinball or video game repair or anything else shoot me a message. We are open to ideas.

#370 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

How many spots are left to bring pins for free play? I want to bring 3 but I do not have a way to deliver all 3. Thanks

Plenty of room left. Please start registering games guys.

#373 7 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I could bring a ps4 with the VR setup if people want that as a little break from playing pinball. Watching someone else play a scary VR game is almost as fun as playing it yourself. Its funny watching them freak out and get scared and scream like a little girl.

That would be cool. Always wanted to try one.

#375 7 years ago

Pintastic 2017 Special Guests are....
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/speakers/

#381 7 years ago

Looks like a list of people I am looking forward to seeing.

Yes get your stuff ready to get signed. Everyone will be very accessible.

#382 7 years ago

VIP Lounge lighting will be provided by Rock Custom Pinball!

The lighting is the same that is provided on their awesome under cabinet light kits. Not only will it be able to do black lights but we will be able to change the color to what ever we want. Infinite colors all with the hand held remote. How cool is that!

IMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPG

#384 6 years ago

Pintastic Game Registration

Please remember to go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/ and register your games before June 1st to receive 2 tickets into our free play raffle! Remember we are giving away over $3,000 in cash and prizes to people who bring games for free play. We have also added more incentives to people who bring more than 5 games.

pintasticadd5 (resized).jpgpintasticadd5 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #386 6 years ago

WOW 33 different vendors so far are coming to Pintastic 2017!!
    Go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/links-2/ to see the amazing line up of vendors that are coming to Pintastic 2017 so far. Room is getting very tight and we still have 2 months till show time.

cointaker (resized).jpgcointaker (resized).jpg

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Someone to MC the night. Create a more social atmosphere, maybe a fun game show for goofy prizes and free drinks. It is very insulated and clicky and does not really create an environment to meet and greet. It is free grub and go. Sorry you asked.

Your referring to the Friday after party. That is different than the new VIP lounge.

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Gabe, i hope ur ready...
    i think the puke pit is gonna come in handy

Heavy partying will commence in 57 days lol

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Gabe - How's the VIP lounge work out for people bringing games for Free Play? Sounds like if I bring one game not for sale that stays there all weekend I'm in? Is that correct?
    (I'm likely bringing at least five anyways)
    Ed

Yes when you register your game it will ask you if your game will be in free play till 10 pm Saturday night. If you answer yes you will get a lanyard and badge with your name on it and with a badge you will have access to the VIP lounge.

Pretty cool right?

#400 6 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Yes...very cool. If it is listed for sale and the purchaser doesn't touch it until Sunday I assume its still ok?

As long as it's their till Saturday at 10pm you are all set. Thank you!

#401 6 years ago

TIME IS RUNNING OUT to get 2 ticket per game registered before June 1st. Dont wait!

FREE PLAY GIVE AWAY

– For every Pinball machine and Arcade game (limited to the first 40) put into the FREE PLAY area you get one give away ticket entered into the free play giveaway. If your game had been registered before June 1 2017 you would have gotten two tickets per game. Here you can win one of 10 prizes on both Friday and Saturday; that’s 20 total prizes. All prizes are valued between $75 and $100 including $100 cash each day. (This free-play giveaway is in addition to the thank-you drawing described above!) You can only win one prize per day in the free play give away. Go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/ NOW!

IMG_0156 (resized).JPGIMG_0156 (resized).JPG

#403 6 years ago

How about playfield glass vendors? Missed out in 2015 and Allentown pieces had a logo on them that I didn't care for.
    And updates on the beer wenches please , I'm not opposed to skating above PG 13 pics either

Mayfair will be set up in full force. If you are looking for a specific glass contact them and they will bring it.

I'm still working on the beer girls. They are not wenches be nice please.

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Um, "Beer Girls" are daughters of Dad's like some of us.

Beer girls are not looking good at this time. If anyone has any leads send me a PM. Thanks

#411 6 years ago

Pintastic VIP overnight lounge and vendor hall sneak peak video series game #3 WARNING you may experience a seizure while playing this game!

https://www.facebook.com/PintasticNewEngland/videos/2246637215560618/

#412 6 years ago

Lots to do at Pintastic other than pinball! If your family gets sick of playing pinball all day well they can lay out on the beach and take a dip in this naturally fed lake that's connected to the hotel.

IMG_0162 (resized).JPGIMG_0162 (resized).JPG

IMG_0163 (resized).JPGIMG_0163 (resized).JPG

#422 6 years ago

I got 3 replies for Beer Girl on Worcester CL, I'm more than willing to screen first then give the best candidates to Gabe to pick from.

Interesting.

#428 6 years ago

Re Beer Girls: I forwarded our first applicant's contact info to the person hiring . She's willing to bring us beers and she's not 250 with Leprosy , so we got that going for us .

I like your determination. How should the beer girl work? Will she be taking orders and bringing us beer while we play pinball?

#432 6 years ago

Well this is why I'm rethinking the concept of a beer girl. What will she actually do? I was thinking she could have samples of Rapscallion at the beer counter but I don't want it to be weired.

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

Don't beer companies typically employ their own "brand ambassadors" to attend events like these and hand out samples? If you really want a beer girl, the companies would be the people to ask.
    -Doug

Rapscallion does not do that kind of promotions they are a small brewery. Sounds like it's not going to work. But I will contact them and see if they have any ideas.

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm not everyone, and I'm not offended by it, so you misconstrue the word ''offended'' with what I was trying to make people aware of. Some people don't need or want to go to gentleman's clubs, or have wives that are down for picking them up at one, just as some people don't hate clowns with a passion.
    My point was, what are we really trying to promote here? A family show or something else? Offended has nothing to do with it, it's about taking a step back and thinking about everyone and not just yourself because you want it to be.
    Gabe knows he can do what he wants, it's his canvas, I'm just one voice.

Pintastic has always been family oriented by day and adult oriented after 8pm. If the beer girls are their it will be after 8pm

#444 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

I've already encouraged some male and female college students to attend *as players*. This whole creepy and stereotypical obsession with "beer girls" makes me rethink that decision.
    If that's what some people really want, I suggest they find some shady place to get lunch. No reason for everyone to ultimately pay (in ticket prices) for something that a (hopefully large) segment of the attendees has no interest in supporting.

Ticket prices are not going up. This is something that will be added If I see it's feesable. It's not going to be creepy at all. They would only be handing out samples of beer and taking pictures with people. It's all in good clean fun.

#449 6 years ago

Two sided Beer Glass New for this year! Get yours only $5 each at the show!

IMG_0167 (resized).PNGIMG_0167 (resized).PNG

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The closer we get to the show the more excited I am getting. It will be our first pinball show and it is looking to be an awesome time, hoping to finally meet some of the Pinsiders who have been helping me out with the various issues on my EM's.

I will be very busy at the show but please be sure to stop me and say hi!

#455 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Beer Girl. I just found her.
    » YouTube video

You guys are killing me. Screening girls as we speak. It's looking very promising.

#458 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Oh hell yes. These are 16oz thick wall? I use these for everything. Of course most things are beer.
    Don't order too few. I'll take 6 min. If there in boxes of 12 probably.

Well I only ordered 140 of the glasses so when they are gone there gone till next year. So get them early and tuck them away.

#460 6 years ago
    Quoted from MulderItsMe:

Me: "Yes, sweetheart, I *will* be playing pinball the *whole time*."
    Her: ..grumbles..
    Me: "But hey, look at this."
    Her: "OMG They have a beach?!?!"
    Jackpot.

Dont forget I have negotiated the pool and hot tub staying open till 12 midnight both Friday and Saturday night.

#462 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well I'm getting 2. If I don't get 2, your drinking buddy will be VERY unhappy.

Yours are reserved!

#465 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looks like you might want to increase that order on the glasses, Gabe. Those things will be presold before the show even starts. Worst case, you order too many and just sell the remainder the following year.

Already sent them an email

#468 6 years ago

I bumped the glass order to 280 that should be enough.

#470 6 years ago

coming soon woman's pink logo shirts!

#474 6 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

or you buy the "super" 3 day pass correct?

Correct but Friday night is sold out unless you book under the pintastic block. Plus the show needs people to book under the pintastic block to make the show possible. Thank you for understanding.

#479 6 years ago

Thanks LTG. Looking good for EM's so far.

We always have a strong EM presence.

#482 6 years ago

I got some peeps interested in coming up to the show . The first thing I mention is the craft beer

Only the craft beer

#491 6 years ago
    Quoted from CFoote:

Anyone have a No Fear they may consider selling in the northeast or could bring to Pintastic. I am getting bored for a new, reasonably priced title...let me know.
    On-topic, I am really looking forward to Pintastic this year, it was a great show last year, and I know a lot of effort/work is put into the show by its organizers. thank you again.
    Chris

Thank you! We are really trying to raise the bar each year. Remember this is only year 3 and lots has changed from year one. We are listening to everyone's suggestions.

#495 6 years ago

Have more people reserved flea market spots so far this year? Always looking for more crap I don't need

So far we have only 3 flee market vendors but it's still early.

#496 6 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

The show really is one of a kind. My kids have asked multiple times over the last year if we were going to come back this year. They had a blast. Thanks for the effort.

Lots of people asked me the first 2 years why we bring in all the family entertainment and spend so much money on it. I strongly feel that if we don't get a younger generation to fall in love with pinball early the hobby will eventually die out.

#500 6 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Back off man, I know it was a joke. But I will buy you a beer when I get to the show.

He doent drink but you can buy his wife a beer lol

#503 6 years ago

New entertainer this year Saturday only 1pm to 7pm Bending Gravity Entertainment. Eric is amazing and he will blow your mind with his crazy double yo yo tricks and Saturday night fire show out in the flee market area. http://www.bendinggravity.com/

IMG_0176 (resized).JPGIMG_0176 (resized).JPG

IMG_0177 (resized).JPGIMG_0177 (resized).JPG

#505 6 years ago

Yo yo dude ! Too bad you couldn't get the Egyptian Magician

Never herd of him. Maybe next year lol

#507 6 years ago

Time is running out to get 2 ticket per game registered for free play.
    This for our "free play give away". Here you can win one of 10 prizes on both Friday and Saturday; that’s 20 total prizes. All prizes are valued between $75 and $100 including $100 cash. Go here to register don't wait https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

pintasticadd2 (resized).jpgpintasticadd2 (resized).jpg

#508 6 years ago

TILT GRAPHICS is stepping up to get more games into Pintastic 2017 FREE play. Here is how it works. You must first register a game that will be in free play. Leave a note in the comments area that you want to take advantage of this deal. At the show buy the blades and either install them yourself or TILT will help you install them. Go back to tilt with proof they are now in your game (a photo or show them) and boom you get $20 back in your pocket! Its that easy.
    No automatic alt text available.

tilt (resized).jpgtilt (resized).jpg

#510 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Where are we compared to last year for free play entries?

It's just about the same. Maybe 10 less games compared to last year. With out pinball machines their is no show. So let's hope they start rolling in. Remember you can gain a lanyard and badge also access to the VIP lounge if you register at least one game for 3 days and it's on the floor till 10 pm Saturday night.

#515 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Exactly. You're hardly ever in your room. When you are and if you notice the musty smell, you haven't been drinking enough.

If your room has a light musty smell than you must be near the pool and hot tub. Good news is I have contracted them to keep the pool and hot tub open till 12 midnight Friday and Saturday. Party on

#519 6 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I have 4 registered

One more and you get the $50 gift card to the Oxford tavern and limited addition embroidered hat.

#520 6 years ago

I'm bringing 16 games. Best I could do lol

#527 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Thats pretty good considering pinside says you only have 14 games in your collection.
    I'm shooting for 5 myself so I can get one of those snazzy hats.

Not only the hat but you get to have a nice $50 dinner at the Oxford tavern if you bring 5 games.

#529 6 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I should have a 5th by then.

Just so you know those gift certificates get multiplied for every 5 games you bring. So bring 10 games and it's a $100 gift card. Just letting everyone know. We reward you for all your hard work!

#533 6 years ago

Don't be left outside looking in! Get your VIP 3 day super passes now. We only have 10 left!!!!!

IMG_0181 (resized).JPGIMG_0181 (resized).JPG

#536 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Grabbed two of those adult VIP passes (and two for the kiddies) just now. A couple dozen posts ago you mentioned a pink women's shirt coming soon. Would my wife be able to switch from a mens small that came with the VIP ticket to the women's? Even the mens small will not fit her that well.

Unfortunately the woman's t will not happen this year. We decided to bring in youth sizes so she may fit into a youth large better.

#537 6 years ago

Having a free play game all 3 days up until 10 PM Saturday gets me a badge, better chance at the cash raffle and ____________. There are so many scenarios, I would rather have it spelled out.
    Was also wondering which craft beers that Rapscallion would be offering. I'm down for a few, hopefully a nice young woman will be bringing me one in a Pintastic Mug.

Bringing a game for all 3 days gets you a lanyard and badge. The biggest reason to have a lanyard and badge is you get access to the VIP lounge as a game bringer.

#540 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And what does staying at the fabulous Sturbridge hotel and resort do for you? You get a ticket for the lounge/dinner? A VIP pass? One for every person staying in the rooms? Whatever it is, do you get it at check in? Whats a happenin?!

If your staying at the hotel when you check in your party gets their hands stamped. That hand stamp will get you into the Friday night after party. Free food free caricature artist and all our special guests walking around.

#541 6 years ago

Having a free play game all 3 days up until 10 PM Saturday gets me a badge, better chance at the cash raffle and ____________. There are so many scenarios, I would rather have it spelled out.
    Was also wondering which craft beers that Rapscallion would be offering. I'm down for a few, hopefully a nice young woman will be bringing me one in a Pintastic Mug.

Pints of Rapscallion beers on tap -munich-dark $6 And Honey $5

#543 6 years ago

No IPA? Isn't Munich Dark a fall beer? Too bad you couldn't get Treehouse Brewery to be there, but if they were there the line would probably be out the door and around the block...

The Munich is very tastey. I could switch it up but I though having two different types of beers was best.

Trust me I tried to get tree house but they did not even respond to many emails and messages. Their huge brewery should be open by July. It's only 2 miles from the show.

#552 6 years ago

Pintastic Hotel Update!

The Sturbridge host hotel is almost sold out. Here is what is available.
    Thursday 80 rooms
    Friday 70 rooms
    Saturday 32 rooms
    That's it make sure you call the hotel at 508-347-3246 ask for Kathrine or Joe and ask for the Pintastic pinball room block. $110 a night. Thanks Gabe

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG

#554 6 years ago

Ok I confirmed tonight we are changing the beer choices to Rapscallion honey 4.5% alcohol $5 a pint and Rapscallion IPA version 4 which will be available at the time of the show 6% alcohol.

IMG_0187 (resized).JPGIMG_0187 (resized).JPG

#556 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I wanted Munich. Now the show is ruined

They don't even have it available any more lol. I can't win

#562 6 years ago

Nice, I will try their beer for sure now, zero chance on other selections....

I am a big IPA fan myself so that is what I will be drinking all weekend in moderation of course lol.

#564 6 years ago

A nice young girl bringing it to me so I don't have to leave the game . EVEN BETTER

The pintastic beer girls will not be taking orders and delivering beer. They will be giving out beer samples, selling merchandise and mingling with the crowds. Taking pictures etc.

#565 6 years ago

OMG this is truly amazing! I am printing up a limited number of trans lights of this years poster.

IMG_0190 (resized).JPGIMG_0190 (resized).JPG

#569 6 years ago

Light box complete with led's behind looks sweet!

IMG_0194 (resized).JPGIMG_0194 (resized).JPG

#575 6 years ago

Time to relax and have a rapscallion IPA in a Pintastic glass!

IMG_0197 (resized).JPGIMG_0197 (resized).JPG

#576 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Which day is the auction this year?

Saturday at 1pm it will be bigger and better.

#577 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Think of how much money they would make in tips if they did

We are limited by the hotel. They can't handle money it's a liability.

#579 6 years ago

what about a tip bucket ? no handling of money hand to hand . just a thought

I'm sure that will be fine.

#582 6 years ago

I am going to do a pre order on the Zombie Yetti translight. The cost will be $100 each at the show. Cool thing is you can get it signed my ZY himself. So PM me if you want one. Thanks

IMG_0194 (resized).JPGIMG_0194 (resized).JPG

#584 6 years ago

Three days left to register your games and get 2 tickets into the free play give away. We give away 10 prizes on Friday and Saturday each with a value of $75 to $100. Boost your chances to win register early!

pintastic2 (resized).jpgpintastic2 (resized).jpg

#590 6 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Could you tell me the size of the translight?

19" by 27"

#591 6 years ago

FREE play games are coming in steady thank you everyone let's keep it going strong! I am updating the list of games daily so if you want to see what is coming go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/registered-games-2017/ Also this updated list helps game bringers see what's coming so we don't have to many duplicate games.

#594 6 years ago

Pintastic BONUS to free play bringers who lug more than 5 games to the show. Not only do you get a $50 gift certificate to the awesome on site Oxford tavern. You get this limited 17,000 stitch embroidered hat!

IMG_0201 (resized).JPGIMG_0201 (resized).JPG

#596 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm looking for some clarity on the VIP lounge. If I list a game for sale with the stipulation it can't be removed until Saturday night do I get a ticket, or does it need to be not for sale at all?
    I just registered my 3rd game. I really hope I can get all of these in proper shape for the show in 5 weeks.

Ok when you register a game it asked you if it would be on the floor at 10 pm Saturday night. It dosent matter if it sells before it just needs to stay in free play till that time. If you answered yes you will be given a lanyard and badge when you check in your free play game. In order to get into the VIP lounge you need to have a lanyard and badge of some kind. Their will be a few different ones. Freeplay...VIP....vendor..sponsor..speaker...staff....press.

#600 6 years ago

Pintastic Zombie Yeti posters are in! They will be $5 each at the show. Best part is you can get them signed by ZY himself!

IMG_0204 (resized).JPGIMG_0204 (resized).JPG

#603 6 years ago

Get your picture taken with Magic Girl at Pintastic 2017!!

IMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPG

IMG_0217 (resized).JPGIMG_0217 (resized).JPG

IMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPG

#607 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

What's in the bucket?

Power strips and power cords lol

#612 6 years ago

Automated Services will be sponsoring the Thank You give away!! Thank you Mike Daddona for all the great support. Remember if your game is in free play at 10pm on Saturday night July 8th you will have a chance to win part of the $2,000 in cash prizes. Good luck everyone.

AS logo300(1) (resized).jpgAS logo300(1) (resized).jpg

#614 6 years ago

Don't miss our fantastic special guest speakers this year. Our seminar team has worked very hard to bring you one of the best and most interesting seminars sced. in the country.. Lets pack these seminars! https://pintasticnewengland.com/speakers/

speaking (resized).jpgspeaking (resized).jpg

#617 6 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

last year the pizza was really good but his presentation was GREAT !!! , looking forward to sitting in again.

The hotel supplied the pizza. It was not cheap and Jack wants to do it again for you guys. Jack has been their from the beginning. He is a huge supporter of Pintastic.

#622 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Will people be selling games here or is it strictly a free play kind of event? Looking for a specific pinball machine to purchase

What spacific game are you looking to buy?

#623 6 years ago

It's that time of year again! One month to Pintastic 2017 set up day. Final heavy waxing on all my games starts today than break down starts next week.

IMG_0253 (resized).JPGIMG_0253 (resized).JPG

#627 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Any chance the new star wars will make an appearance?

We are working on it.

#629 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I'm looking forward to getting a few games on Dialed In. I still haven't had a chance to play it, but I hear good things from people that have.

Yes dialed in is awesome and their will be a few to play. If all goes as planned we will be moving one into the VIP lounge as well!

#633 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Thinking of bringing​ Shadow. Maybe X-FILES if I can find boards for it. Are video games allowed in the free play area? Could bring a dual monitor playchoice 10 and maybe another.
    Just have to make sure I can get out of work to get there in time to set up on Thursday.

Yes video games are welcome

#639 6 years ago

Nice Eric!

#642 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Gabe,
    What time Thursday, July 6 can we arrive to unload?

8am

#644 6 years ago

I thought I read set up was 11AM- on the 6th. That gives us a bigger window.

Correct but he asked about Thursday set up.

#651 6 years ago

Got it now that I have all the clues: Professor Plumb in the Conservatory with the pin .

Just worry about getting the Pintastic Promo Girls set up please!

#654 6 years ago

Pintastic New England billboard is up, full speed ahead!

IMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPG

#657 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...aaaaaand the price of Pintastic just went up two bucks.

Nope the price is the same! Cost of doing business.

#658 6 years ago

Pintastic Zombie Yeti shirts are in amazing.

IMG_0315 (resized).JPGIMG_0315 (resized).JPG

#660 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Hopefully the same polyblend as last year...

Yup same exact shirt very soft.

#664 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there a way to order a shirt if your not attending?

Yes they will be for sale in our shop on line after the show.

#665 6 years ago

Last chance to get a room for sure at the hotel. The remaining rooms that are being held in my block will be released TM and than they are open to the general public. So I can't guarantee you will get one. Book it today!

IMG_0270 (resized).JPGIMG_0270 (resized).JPG

#667 6 years ago

Plenty of room for out door vendors still available! I lowered the price to under $90 for the whole weekend. I want to pack the out doors flee market! You also get one weekend pass to the show per booth space so it's almost free to set up. I'm crazy I know go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/exhibitor-2/

IMG_0317 (resized).JPGIMG_0317 (resized).JPG

#671 6 years ago

After many requests last year we have expanded our awesome logo shirt. This year we will have youth grey shirts and woman's cut red shirts.

IMG_0319 (resized).JPGIMG_0319 (resized).JPG

IMG_0321 (resized).JPGIMG_0321 (resized).JPG

#674 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Awesome! My wife saw the post on Facebook and was very excited about the women's shirt. Will she be able to swap her VIP men's shirt for the women cut?

I can do an even swap yes. But the ZY shirt will not be done in a woman's shirt

#677 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vector:

Hi All,
    Ardvark Pinball Repair will be setting up on Thursday, so as to be available for repairs if needed. Rates apply; this is for repairs that can't be done in the free play area by the volunteer crew. We'll have a small space in the corner if you need to bring the game to us. Board repairs are offered on most major brands except Gottlieb.
    Last year we installed NVRAM on several boards. This year we'll have the same deal as before. $15 for the device, installed free on boards with a socket, or $20 (for a total of $35) if we have to install a socket. All boards will be tested on our test fixtures before and after NVRAM install. Get those batteries off the board and out of the machine with NVRAM, and never worry about corrosion again! Most WPC and system 11 games do not have a socket. Stern Whitestar games DO have a socket, as do classic Bally / Stern.
    We are pleased to announce that we will have a Multimorphic P3 at our booth this year. They can't attend Pintastic since they are busy building games, so if you want to play Lexy Lightspeed, find us in our usual corner! Although they were next to us last year, so the game will be pretty much in the same spot.
    Our Defender pinball machine (based on the video game) will return with custom led work, Titan rubber, and a freshly-restored backglass thanks to BGResto. Come by and play a few games!
    Thanks for reading.
    Allan Davidson
    Ardvark Pinball Repair

This is awesome news! Everyone should take advantage of Allan being at the show. Lets keep him super busy and show him we appreciate him bringing all his test fixtures each year.

#679 6 years ago

VIP lounge experience the wonder of it all. Thursday 8pm to 6am Friday and Saturday 10pm to 6am

Pintastic_VIP_4x8 (resized).jpgPintastic_VIP_4x8 (resized).jpg

#681 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No wonder guys look like crap the next morning. 6 AM???
    I get a wonderful night's sleep in my smelly room (I don't notice it when I'm asleep), and I'm one of the first at the awesome breakfast buffet the next morning.
    I'm so excited for this show that I feel like a little girl.

I need you to stay up this year the kissing booth in the VIP lounge dosent open till midnight.

#683 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe I'll do better business this year. Rumor has it I look better in the dark and after ten drinks or so.

The black light might help also. Or you could go to bed and have Janice take over for you late night lol.

#685 6 years ago

Anyone want to Kerr me talk about Pintastic check out that cool podcast by the guy who's name starts with a K. Lol

#689 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Well that was certainly a thing I listened to. (Geez, that guy has a voice for newspaper.)
    Great job promoting the show and remaining professional.

Thank you

#691 6 years ago

I got one pin registered that bit the shed, any issues if I bring another pin ? ( if I don't get the game repaired in time? )

No that's fine

#696 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm going to bring cash. Last year we tried buying a pin with PayPal and the owner refused to accept PayPal. I have 4 pins that need NVRAM. I want to say Allan did an awesome job on repairing two of our pins. I can't thank him enough for his kindness and being helpful.

You can get a line of credit from Webster First bank that will be on site doing the financing. Since its a line of credit you can buy both new and used games up to your approved limit. Very easy form to fill out just bring a pay stub with you.

#697 6 years ago

ON SITE PINBALL FINANCING AT PINTASTIC 2017

I encourage everyone to take advantage of Webster First financing to buy your beloved games this year at Pintastic. They are offering low personal loan financing so you can buy any pin you want at the show up to your credit limit. Just make sure you bring a pay stub and live or have a friend who lives in the New England area. Please support them they are a major sponsor of the show! Thank you Gabe

webster first ad (resized).jpgwebster first ad (resized).jpg

#700 6 years ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

I sold a game last year and the person used Webster First. It was all very easy and wouldn't hesitate to have them part of a transaction again.

I'm using them this year to buy a dialed in!

#703 6 years ago

TWO WEEKS TO PINTASTIC!

Please register your games so we know what is coming and we have enough room for everyone. Thanks Gabe

pintastic1 (resized).jpgpintastic1 (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#706 6 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

Have the times for the seminars been finalized yet? Someone I know wants to see the Todd Tuckey seminar but I haven't been able to give him a date/time.
    Thanks,
    -Doug

Tods seminar is 6:30 pm Friday.

#713 6 years ago

Who is ready to see David Thiel? This guy is awesome don't miss his seminar! He did a cool teaser video for all of his New England fans. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=IR5qMKB60N4

#718 6 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

I hope somebody records Todd's seminar. I'll be stuck at a Michael McDonald / Boz Scaggs concert... I would have loved to meet him...
    -Doug

Your going to miss one hell of a show! Tod Tuckey will be their roaming around all 3 days!

#720 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

just a reminder I will have my 20 foot enclosed trailer left there if anybody needs a game brought back to RI from the show - from there if you don't have a truck or a way of getting your game home you are more then welcome to use my box car to get your game home - just bring it back - I know everybody will want to keep it after driving it - well maybe not - but anyway the offer is for everybody. thanks ed
    also I can get you game to pintastic too the same way.

Ed thank you!

#723 6 years ago

Don't forget to get your pintastic shirts this year. Plenty to choose from!

IMG_0351 (resized).JPGIMG_0351 (resized).JPG

#724 6 years ago

If you get lost at pintastic this year that you are deff. Drunk!

IMG_0352 (resized).PNGIMG_0352 (resized).PNG

IMG_0354 (resized).PNGIMG_0354 (resized).PNG

IMG_0353 (resized).PNGIMG_0353 (resized).PNG

#726 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

When does game registration close? I'm working against making sure everything is ready and getting off work Thursday and Friday.

It never closes. We accept games until Saturday morning at 10am thanks for the hard work.

#728 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Gabe,
    Outstanding work on the posters. Should definitely make things easier for people this year.

Joel Guzman did all the design work for this years show. I can not take any of the credit for them. We are lucky to have someone with his talents on the team.

#729 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Joel Guzman did all the design work for this years show. I can not take any of the credit for them. We are lucky to have someone with his talents on the team.

Here is another one he did.

Pintastic_Rapscallion_7x5.pdfPintastic_Rapscallion_7x5.pdf

#730 6 years ago

PINTASTIC CODE OF CONDUCT! Their will be 3 of these, one next to the box office, one in the free play area and one in the vendor hall.

Pintastic_Code_33x80.pdfPintastic_Code_33x80.pdf

#734 6 years ago

"Public drunkiness is grounds for ejection"
    Well that about covers my act .

Find your happy buzz and stick with it.

#738 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

May be looking to play some poker while down in Sturbridge. Any suggestions on casinos nearby that have decent poker rooms? Thanks.

Foxwoods and Mohegan are around 1hr from the show. Both have nice poker rooms.

#743 6 years ago

FLEA MARKET VENDORS pintastic wants you! Out door vendor booth is only $85 and you get a weekend pass to the show with every booth. The weather looks like sunny and 80 degrees. PERFECT weather. Come on out!

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

#747 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I just registered a few games for sale:
    Pinball:
    Stern Spiderman
    Stern Mustang
    Bally Doctor Who
    Video and arcade:
    Space Invaders Deluxe
    Tekken 5 pedestal cabinet
    Super Chexx bubble hockey
    Merit Force and Ion Evo bartop touchscreen trivia games.

Thanks Mike!

#754 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

Man I wish I could come. I've never been to pintastic before (only Allentown).

What is stoping you?

#755 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

What is the policy for removing purchased machines? Is there a nominal fee similar to Pinfest where you can remove it anytime during the day?

Before 8pm on Friday and Saturday you can remove game for a $35 fee. We strongly discourage that of course. Thursday you can not remove a game unless you have a unforeseen event. Thanks

#759 6 years ago

This 8 foot by 15 foot banner should help people find the tournament area this year! Its back in the vendor hall!

image1 (resized).PNGimage1 (resized).PNG

#761 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

what about bringing things for the auction - i have an elvis playfield and a few other things i can bring - thanks ed

Yes the auction is taking consignments starting Thursday

#770 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

I am in the market for my first pin - would Pintastic be a good place for a first pin purchase? Or would it be totally overwhelming for a newbie like me?

FYI if you plan on buying a game. Have cash ready and know what you want. Don't say you will be back latter because it will be sold. Make sure you have a way to get it home. Be careful pinball is an addiction. Gabe

#771 6 years ago

What is the deal with the auction? I was informed last year that you had to be present to bid/win.. I work weekends, so I will be there Friday, wanted to bid on a cab last year but said F it with the info I was given....So, clarification?

The auction is Saturday at 1pm and yes you have to be present to bid. Cash only and you must take it home same day.

#779 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Anyone know how the kids tournament works and when it will be?

Kids tournament is in the vendor hall from 2pm to 4pm Saturday. Twelve and under each kid gets 3 chances for best score on a 2 ball game. Pintastic staff will be present taking down scores. Winner gets a ribbon and I'm putting up some cash 3rd place $20 second place $30 and 1st place $50

#782 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Which games? I though WOZ was one of them.

It's on 1 game undecided yet.

#790 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

What's the protocol for bringing games into the free play area if you can't make it by midday Thursday?

Free play games can come in Friday morning and Saturday morning between 8am and 10am

#794 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

I'm not going to the show but I'm searching for a 1971 Gottlieb Astro. If anyone is (or knows someone) bringing one in good condition that works, and for a reasonable price I may be interested.
    -Michael Schnoll ([email protected]).

Their is going to be 4 of them at the show you should come.

#826 6 years ago

Back on point here. I've tried to register a 1966 Gottlieb Subway for my wife, Shay is delivering this Saturday AM for me. I've Tried twice and I never got a confirmation email either time. Checked spam folder too, I got nuttin'

I see it got registered on my end.

#829 6 years ago

STAR WARS PRO will be at PINTASTIC in the Automated Services booth! Me and Mike Daddona pulled some strings so come check out the first public showing of the game at Pintastic New England!!!

star wars pro2 (resized).jpgstar wars pro2 (resized).jpg

star wars pro (resized).jpgstar wars pro (resized).jpg

star wars pro4 (resized).jpgstar wars pro4 (resized).jpg

star wars pro3 (resized).jpgstar wars pro3 (resized).jpg

311 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dannunz. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.