(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 30.
    #1051 6 years ago

The sheet said 1 but I think someone announced 5? They just got more stuff in the room so it would make sense to give people a chance to look. I am going to head over in a few to be sure.

#1052 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The sheet said 1 but I think someone announced 5? They just got more stuff in the room so it would make sense to give people a chance to look. I am going to head over in a few to be sure.

Thanks!! I'm currently at the tourney, so can't get over there for a bit

#1054 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Apparently earlier than 1pm bc they were just auctioning off the last lot at 12:57. Oh well

#1055 6 years ago

On it's way.Free play.
    -Mike

20170708_125810 (resized).jpg20170708_125810 (resized).jpg

#1056 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Apparently earlier than 1pm bc they were just auctioning off the last lot at 12:57. Oh well

Sorry man, only going by what I am told, lol. I wanted to take a shot at Domini and the Big Hurt playfield. Oh well.

IMG_0407 (resized).JPGIMG_0407 (resized).JPG

#1057 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Sorry man, only going by what I am told, lol. I wanted to take a shot at Domini and the Big Hurt playfield. Oh well.

Big hurt pf didn't sell. Get here to talk to him

#1058 6 years ago

Hows the show looked by today? Anxious to get over there tonight

#1059 6 years ago

20170708130245496-1 (resized).jpg20170708130245496-1 (resized).jpg

20170708130238832-1 (resized).jpg20170708130238832-1 (resized).jpg

#1060 6 years ago

No worries...I saw that too after you had posted the info. I'm guessing they went rogue.

#1061 6 years ago

Best in Show:
    Late 80's - Black Knight 2000
    1960's - Domino
    1970's EM - Eye of the Tiger
    1990's - Pinball Magic
    2000's Walking Dead
    Antique - Sunshine
    Custom - Ash vs the Evil Dead

IMG_0411 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0413 (resized).JPGIMG_0413 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0415 (resized).JPGIMG_0415 (resized).JPG

#1062 6 years ago

Line for the kids tournament is long! Truly is a great family event judging by the number of kids here today.

IMG_0416 (resized).JPGIMG_0416 (resized).JPG

#1063 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr-Worf:

who would get me such a cap from the Expo?
    I can send an address next week to send this.
    Can you tell me how much the t-shirts cost?

https://pintasticnewengland.com/ Contact the organizers.

LTG : )

#1065 6 years ago

I make, many thanks

#1066 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Best in Show:
    Late 80's - Black Knight 2000
    Dead

Again thedarkknight77 ??

#1067 6 years ago

I'm here with my wife OrangeSC we are having a great time

IMG958605 (resized).jpgIMG958605 (resized).jpg

#1068 6 years ago

Just got back from the show. Really great job again by Gabe et al. I had a lot of fun in the few hours I got to spend there. I even got to put my initials for the No. 1 score (after Grand Champion) on the Congo in the free play area (just over 2.2. billion). That was a very nice machine. I have to get one of those someday.

#1069 6 years ago

Thanks Gabe for a great show!

Thanks to Chris and Melissa from Cointaker! You guys are the BEST!

20170708_162519 (resized).jpg20170708_162519 (resized).jpg

#1070 6 years ago

Great show...few games of SW with Beelzeboob and got to play a game of BSD with Barry Oursler!

IMG_1141 (resized).JPGIMG_1141 (resized).JPG

IMG_1143 (resized).JPGIMG_1143 (resized).JPG

IMG_1144 (resized).JPGIMG_1144 (resized).JPG

IMG_1145 (resized).JPGIMG_1145 (resized).JPG

#1072 6 years ago

Some pics from today, my card Trix held up got a lot of action. Bob Adams indoor Vendor/ Flea Spot ROCKED !

IMG_3103 (resized).JPGIMG_3103 (resized).JPG

IMG_3104 (resized).JPGIMG_3104 (resized).JPG

IMG_3105 (resized).JPGIMG_3105 (resized).JPG

IMG_3106 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPG

IMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPG

IMG_3109 (resized).JPGIMG_3109 (resized).JPG

IMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPG

#1073 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Some pics from today, my card Trix held up got a lot of action. Bob Adams indoor Vendor/ Flea Spot ROCKED !

I just want to say that the balloon hat on that little girl in the second to last pic is entirely inappropriate.

Quoted from Colsond3:Great show...few games of SW with Beelzeboob and got to play a game of BSD with Barry Oursler!

So honored to have made your highlights...or even that you remember it after getting wasted with @yfzguy . But that hardly qualified as me playing a game of SW with you. The way I was playing I might as well have been playing with myself. Pathetic. (The game did play much better this morning with no cheap drains from the mystery hole, so it must have been the setup!)

#1074 6 years ago

That was your Card Trix? One of three machines my wife mentioned by name as ones that she really enjoyed playing.

#1075 6 years ago

Is there anyway I can find out the auction results?

#1076 6 years ago

Excellent show. Even better than last year. Great job, Gabe!

#1077 6 years ago

Back from Pintastic. Here's some random thoughts in no particular order:

All in all, a great show as always. I always appreciate the EM presence and like every year, some great EM deals by the end of the show! There was a $400 Williams Hot Line that was mighty tempting. Even if you're not into pinball, Pintastic is great for people-watching, that's for sure...

Great to see the flea-market area a little healthier than last year, despite the rain on Friday. I also liked seeing some Free Play games in the vendor hall -- hopefully the vendors made more money at this years show than last. Seminars were great! Todd Tuckey's was definitely a highlight. He went on for 2+ hours on anything and everything pinball/arcade and told some hilarious stories about some of the more memorable customers he's had over the years.

The auction was a little skimpier this year, and there was also some confusion over the start time which was unfortunate. Nevertheless, there were definitely deals to be had. There was a NIB, strange looking cocktail-sized pinball playfield for auction that Todd Tuckey bid on and won. I'm going crazy trying to figure out exactly what it is from, as it had flipper mechs, a scoop and bumpers as if it were pulled from a fully functioning game. It was labeled a "pinball topper" and had "Hollywood Hits" typed on the box label, but it sure didn't look like a topper...

Oddly, the only major purchase from this years show was...not at Pintastic. It was from a guy in Charlton, only 15 minutes away. Its Heighway Pinball's first game; before Full Throttle. Their "Bacardi Baffle Ball" or "Cuba Libre" game!

Here's my own Pintastic story which I love because it demonstrates how the people really make this hobby: always willing to help and share insight. My buddy, who is new to the hobby, visited Pintastic for the first time this year. He's a huge fan of Gorgar on the Pinball Arcade and went so far as to make his own custom Gorgar Shirt. At the show, people liked his shirt so much, a vendor gave him a free Gorgar magnet. Every time I ran into him, strangers were talking to him about the hobby, collecting, and giving him tips. Later on, when he sat down for lunch, he was awestruck when Barry Oursler introduced himself and began talking to him about how he designed the game, showing him pictures and signing his video game trading card for him. My friend had such a good time, he's already planning his visit next year with his wife. VERY COOL!!

-Doug

IMG_0292 (resized).JPGIMG_0292 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1619 (resized).JPGIMG_1619 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1620 (resized).JPGIMG_1620 (resized).JPG

#1078 6 years ago

11PM and still going strong

20170708232755775 (resized).jpg20170708232755775 (resized).jpg
    20170708232618568 (resized).jpg20170708232618568 (resized).jpg
    20170708232702301 (resized).jpg20170708232702301 (resized).jpg
    20170708232458426 (resized).jpg20170708232458426 (resized).jpg

#1079 6 years ago

Great show as we had hoped, kids had fun as did the wife. Superpass paid off in VIP play alone, got to meet the96stang and @Edjacques who I also bought a machine off of. Got to shake dannunz hand and thank him for putting on the show.

We are exhausted but we will be Superpass purchasers again next year the day they go on sale.

#1080 6 years ago

20170708235626514 (resized).jpg20170708235626514 (resized).jpg

20170708235640869 (resized).jpg20170708235640869 (resized).jpg

#1081 6 years ago

Got a nice score on sttng my first game ever on it. Tilted out 2 extra ball in a row in like 30 seconds two cuz I suck

20170708_184838 (resized).jpg20170708_184838 (resized).jpg

#1082 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

That was your Card Trix? One of three machines my wife mentioned by name as ones that she really enjoyed playing.

Thanks, i also had the Mayfair next to it and the Subway on the Back wall inbetewen Northstar and Skyline

IMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPG

#1083 6 years ago

Thanks, i also had the Mayfair next to it and the Subway on the Back wall inbetewen Northstar and Skyline

Oh nice, I put quite a few plays on Subway this weekend!

#1084 6 years ago

Just got back from Pintastic and this was my first visit to the show. Loved it! Will be back next year for certain...hopefully with a few games to showcase in the Free Play room too. Just couldn't get the time off this year.

Some thoughts on a few pins.....

Star Wars - Had a great game on it almost 700Mil but to me the game was just ok. Nothing special...it's classic Ritchie...super fast, great flow and non-stop but the playfield.....UGH! Maybe the Premium and LE will have better appeal but as a huge Star Wars fan who had my hand on the trigger to buy I'm glad I didn't.

AFM Remake SE Edition - It's a great remake of a great game! SO MUCH FUN! LOVE IT!

Dialed In - This is going to be a great pinball machine. I loved it.....It's definitely on my want list...the whole Super Selfie mode is pretty funny as the pin takes your pics while your playing and puts them up all over the backglass....made me laff!

Hobbit - I finally got a chance to play it and I thought it was a great pin. Multiball is easy to get but this is a super cool pinball machine. I really am starting to prefer the Jersey Jack pinball machines vs Stern.

Wizard of Oz - Had a couple super crappy games on it....but damn it looks great! Love the theme wish I could have played it more.

Star Trek - I always heard good things about this pin and I really enjoyed it alot. Super fun game.

Walking Dead - Was really impressed by the Premium Model in the Free Play area I really enjoyed it...but then in the vendor hall the Pro Model Walking Dead just felt like it wasn't on par with the other model I played.

Aerosmith - Love the band, love the theme however this pin just seemed to fall flat for me. It's not AC/DC and it's not KISS but it wasn't bad either.....just ok.

Metallica - I don't see what all the rage is about this pin. Maybe I was expecting more but it was just average IMO.

Game of Thrones - Never saw a single episode of the TV series but I really thought the pin was fun.

Ghostbusters - alot of people don't seem to like this pin and I don't quite understand why. I think it's one of Stern's best pins in a long time.

I will say this....Stern might have created the bar with their pinball machines but damn Jersey Jack Pinball has taken that bar and raised it. I really am becoming a Jersey Jack Pinball fan pretty quickly. I don't think Stern Pinball is bad but I don't think the creativity is there for alot of their recent pins. Some of them even feel clunky and look cheaply made when compared to the Jersey Jack Stuff, even the remake of AFM just looks like a more solid pinball than the Stern pins.

Stern needs to up their game in terms of quality and come up with some fresh ideas for future pinball machines because right now they just seem like a company going through the motions.

Loved the show. Can't wait to go back next year!

#1085 6 years ago

That show F'ing rocked.

#1086 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Metallica - I don't see what all the rage is about this pin. Maybe I was expecting more but it was just average IMO

Once you hit some of the modes, that's when it starts to shine.

#1087 6 years ago

just got home - trailer got hit by drunk driver and all the games got ruined - okay only kidding as I have like 5 games that don't belong to me in there. thanks to alex from ct and old pinball guy (can't remember names to good) who fixed flipper clown as it didn't make the trip to good - then it stopped working again - although I think it just ran out of credits. of the 11 games I brought that was the only issue - except somebody took taxi off free play so it was down for an hour or so until we put it back on.

great credit to the staff who was there to help unload the trailer early Thursday morning - also when somebody tried to take a game out late Friday night they stopped them to make sure they were suppose to take it. I spent all day Friday and a few hours tonight.

thanks to the crew who went around checking and fixing games - great job to all who pitched in

thanks ed

#1088 6 years ago

Awesome show. Bringing 15 games for free play was nothing short of an amazing time. Handful of stuck balls, and other minor issues. Only true casualty was counterforce dying day one but such is life. Elvira saw 1004 plays. Whirlwind saw 903. Bone busters saw 744. Bad cats saw 795 and f14 805. I didn't think to check the others but i extrapolate that my games probably made up about 10,000 plays.

The absolute only bummer was my trusty hand truck. It's a beat up silver hand truck with kick out wheels on it and one strap. It has a ding on the handle. I brought it for everyone to use but it has gone missing. If you took it and could get it to the sanctum crew, Gabe, or any other staff member it would be greatly appreciated.

If it walked away, such is life and I'd still bring another hand truck next year.

#1090 6 years ago

It was a great line of pins that many people enjoyed. I'm still amazed at the number of games you bring.

#1091 6 years ago

Final audits:

Rescue 911: 639 (went down around 8pm on sat due to a helicopter mech malfunction)
    Hulk: 1159 (stayed up until the bitter end)

I was shocked at the number of plays on hulk.

Unfortunately, that many plays in this short span of time seems to have done a number on the condition of this game I'm a little crushed about this since it was such a fine example. There is some wear developing on the top of some of the inserts.

Before:

20170506100407319 (resized).jpg20170506100407319 (resized).jpg

After:

20170709011526086 (resized).jpg20170709011526086 (resized).jpg

It's a common wear area on this game, unfortunately.

#1092 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Final audits:
    Rescue 911: 639 (went down around 8pm on sat due to a helicopter mech malfunction)
    Hulk: 1159 (stayed up until the bitter end)
    I was shocked at the number of plays on hulk.
    Unfortunately, that many plays in this short span of time seems to have done a number on the condition of this game I'm a little crushed about this since it was such a fine example. There is some wear developing on the top of some of the inserts.
    Before:

After:

It's a common wear area on this game, unfortunately.

#1093 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Star Wars - Had a great game on it almost 700Mil but to me the game was just ok. Nothing special...it's classic Ritchie...super fast, great flow and non-stop but the playfield.....UGH! Maybe the Premium and LE will have better appeal but as a huge Star Wars fan who had my hand on the trigger to buy I'm glad I didn't.

You'll change your mind once you play someone else's in a home environment. You really can't appreciate it with tons of people milling around and all the background noise. REALLY great game.

#1094 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Awesome show. Bringing 15 games for free play was nothing short of an amazing time. Handful of stuck balls, and other minor issues. Only true casualty was counterforce dying day one but such is life. Elvira saw 1004 plays. Whirlwind saw 903. Bone busters saw 744. Bad cats saw 795 and f14 805. I didn't think to check the others but i extrapolate that my games probably made up about 10,000 plays.
    The absolute only bummer was my trusty hand truck. It's a beat up silver hand truck with kick out wheels on it and one strap. It has a ding on the handle. I brought it for everyone to use but it has gone missing. If you took it and could get it to the sanctum crew, Gabe, or any other staff member it would be greatly appreciated.
    If it walked away, such is life and I'd still bring another hand truck next year.

I played bad cats - it was fun - thanks for bringing it

#1095 6 years ago

I've gone to Pintastic all three years and it just keeps getting better all the time! The variety of games was astounding, with very few repeat titles, and once again the repair team kept on top of issues and got games back up super fast.

Of course there were a few bumps in the road, such as the food running out so fast at the party, but Gabe and team worked hard all weekend long to resolve issues quickly. The hallways were filled with happy smiles, even at 4 in the morning, lol!

I really enjoyed all of the seminars I caught this year--if you only come to play, you'll have a great time of course, but you're only getting a small part of the experience. Speaking of which, my poor kiddo keeps planning on doing all of the other stuff here at the hotel (paddle boats, mini golf, pool), and we always get distracted by pins. Next year for sure!

Lermods did an incredible job with my GB--I couldn't stop staring at it and comparing the colors to the stock translight every time I was in the vendor hall. I didn't get a chance to thank zombieyeti for stopping by and signing it yesterday, but I greatly appreciated his kindness as well.

Last night a couple stopped us and asked why people would be willing to bring games all the way to Pintastic if they weren't planning on selling them. We tried to explain how much fun it is to share our games with everyone and see the smiles as people have fun playing them. And besides that feeling, what I love most about Pintastic is getting to meet so many different and interesting people who share my love of pinball!!

Is it 2018 yet??

#1096 6 years ago

To whom ever brought the Deadly Weapon and Robo Wars my wife and I had a great time challenging each other,fun games.
    It was great to meet ForceFlow and play his really nice Hulk. Klondike and Nip It grabbed my attention too. Seminars with Tuckey and Zombiyeti were awesome. All and all had a great time and want the thank Gabe for all you did with show.

image0000001 (resized).jpgimage0000001 (resized).jpg

#1097 6 years ago

Recently I attended the Pintastic 2017 pinball show located in Sturbridge MA. Gabe, the organizer of the show does a fantastic job giving the people what they want to have a great time.

Blog Post :
    https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/pintastic-2017-sturbridge-ma-july-6th-8th-2017-highlights-video-walkthru-star-wars-pro/

Video Walk Thru
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=Uy0f-sMfc_Q

Pintastic 2017 (resized).jpgPintastic 2017 (resized).jpg

DSC03092 (resized).JPGDSC03092 (resized).JPG

DSC03100 (resized).JPGDSC03100 (resized).JPG

DSC03104 (resized).JPGDSC03104 (resized).JPG

#1098 6 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

Recently I attended the Pintastic 2017 pinball show located in Sturbridge MA. Gabe, the organizer of the show does a fantastic job giving the people what they want to have a great time.

I totally agree. All the other show organizers should, like, never have a show again.

#1099 6 years ago

Soooooo. Where are the photos of the booth babes?
    Asking for a friend

#1100 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Never fear! I just checked and the hand truck was found! It's going to make its way back to CT to you!

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.