2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

11 months ago

Stats

• 1,495 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 weeks ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 368 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1495 posts in topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
    #1451 4 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I wish I could handle the food. No outside food aloud this is a hotel they need to make money also.

Can you not just use the seminar room after hours since its across from the VIP room and provide food, like Jack bringing in pizza?

#1452 4 months ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Can you not just use the seminar room after hours since its across from the VIP room and provide food, like Jack bringing in pizza?

The pizza Jersey Jack provided was done by the hotel. Not bad either.

#1453 4 months ago

I say ditch the auction and use that room for Vip , since it is larger and could put more games in the VIP !

#1454 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Is there any particular reason why you don't put the year of the show on Pintastic shirts?

Yes we are on a designer based system not a year based system.

#1455 4 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

And turn down the volume on your mic Gabe. The mic was blasting in the free play room so bad that you couldn't even decipher what was being said.
    I agree with no band. Car shows that have had loud music playing are a huge turn off. People want to be able to have a conversation. That was impossible when your announcements on the mic came over.

Mic was chopping in and out. Yes, overmodulated for sure. Also, when making announcements for prizes, etc, repeat the winner's name at least one time. I heard garbled names announced just once. I guess those who won got the message though.

#1456 4 months ago

Pintastic shirts don't get stale. We simply addon new types of merch every year. Wearing a 2016 shirt is just as cool as our 2017. We have many items that don't include a specific date.

#1457 4 months ago

The Pintastic website is getting a major update. We're expanding the gift shop. It Should be open in time for the holidays. If you're interested in any items you saw @ the show including the large Zombie Yeti banners send Gabe a PM.

#1458 4 months ago

I wasn't there this year, but have been following the show via the thread... couple of ideas for next year:

1. Maybe use the auction room for a silent auction on the second day and have it benefit a deserving local charity.

2. If the flea market survives and consumes parking out front, maybe reserved prime parking for VIPs? Locals who don't stay at the hotel would be the target audience.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#1459 4 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We are bringing in another sound company to hopefully fix the problem.

Better yet have flat screen monitors with announced activities and raffle results. Put them up in key spots And control the feed through the box office

#1460 4 months ago

I posted a revised version of my Saturday Pintastic Seminar. There were enough egregious editing errors to drive me crazy.
    If you are interested in the new link is: Sorry for the confusion.
    » YouTube video

#1461 4 months ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Hi! I'm the guy that was taping the panels with the camcorder on the far left. I'm currently putting them in the editor (not much to edit at all) and they will be on Youtube soon. They are going to be in 1080p much like my previous Pintastic panels (there is a Heighway panel in the Pintastic '15 playlist): https://www.youtube.com/user/hool10/playlists The only panel in which you cannot see as of right now is the Zombie Yeti panel. Yeti and I have to find out from Stern if that stuff was under an NDA because I don't want to see myself caught up in legal trouble nor does Yeti! It's a great panel though with Zidware sketches, GB line art, and was a funny panel with great jokes.
    -hool10

Thanks for uploading the all the great video's , good stuff from past years as well.

Further disscussion for Ted Zale of Bally in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-from-someone-with-a-bally-nip-it-bazaar-loop-the-loop#post-3868919

#1462 4 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Would a date change for 2018 to June 28th to the 30th work better for everything pintastic?

OK, it looks like we're going for those dates!
    .................David Marston

#1463 4 months ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Maybe use the auction room for a silent auction on the second day and have it benefit a deserving local charity.

The weakest part of the auction is the lack of items being consigned to it. We have to solve that issue before deciding where and when it takes place. There is a theory that by having it mid-day on a Saturday, that is the best for revenue and hence, for the consignors. And that doesn't seem to be enough incentive. Any readers of this thread want to say what circumstances would motivate them to consign a game to the auction?

#1464 4 months ago

I'd say that perhaps some would be willing to do it if a portion were given to a charity of their (the person consigning the game) choice.

#1465 4 months ago

Ok the last Pintastic video is uploading. That would be Eric Stones panel. The stand I have has this plastic collar and it broke (surprise) and it somewhat made the thing super stiff to move so I ditched it after that panel. I got a new tripod from the flea market and it's much better.

Eric did a pretty good tutorial on how to play better despite the hiccups. Even won the Silverball tourney so he definitely knows what he is doing. The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroLIlOsf9u5Yhk_RsUMBu4T1QJ6GIS0o

#1466 4 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The weakest part of the auction is the lack of items being consigned to it. We have to solve that issue before deciding where and when it takes place. There is a theory that by having it mid-day on a Saturday, that is the best for revenue and hence, for the consignors. And that doesn't seem to be enough incentive. Any readers of this thread want to say what circumstances would motivate them to consign a game to the auction?

Doesn't have to be a machine for a silent charity auction. For example, as someone wanting to call attention to my products (and, maybe my vendor booth... moving off the 4th of July date may help with that one), I would likely offer some items from my inventory as an auction item. Attendees browse tables containing the auction lots and that generates interest in the products - this is a way for vendors to reach people who might not approach a vendor table.

Individuals likely would be willing to donate auction lots as well. Many of us "accumulate" unneeded parts through the year but not nearly enough to have a flea market table. Selling and shipping can be such a hassle that it's just not worth the effort. But give them a charity receipt for a donated lot and stuff may well appear quickly.

often times auction lots close below full retail value but since products were donated for the auction the charity still gets real money, the winner leaves happy with a bargain, and the donator of the lot probably feels good about the tradeoff of merchandise for exposure. Sometimes (especially when the charity resonates with the audience) auction lots can be bid up well beyond retail value.... even better for the charity.

Anyway, it's just an idea that we've all seen work for charity events and it generally ends with a bunch of folks in good moods. In a traditional auction I tend to think sellers tend to leave thinking they got less than they could have and buyers tend to leave thinking they paid more than they should have. The auctioneer (if they are paid a cut) may well be the one who most reliably leaves happy. In Pintastic's case, it could also end up accelerating the growth of the merchandising side of what is still a young show.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#1467 4 months ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Ok the last Pintastic video is uploading. That would be Eric Stones panel.

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see there Eric Stones video.

#1468 4 months ago

Didn't one of the shows have a consignment table/booth. I think that the show provided somebody to do the sales transactions, and attendees provided the stuff. That would get rid of the issue where you have a couple of things you don't need anymore, but you don't have enough for a booth. (Nearly everybody in this hobby collects pieces and parts that they don't need anymore, and it gives them a good way to sell them without needing to be tied to a table all weekend.) That might be more interesting to me than the auction since you could purchase things immediately.

#1469 4 months ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see there Eric Stones video.

Check it again. Should I remove my David Thiel panel so when people search for it, they find Daves and not mine? Dave has the actual sound effects, etc in his version and I feel like I'm sort of stealing his work.

#1470 4 months ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Check it again. Should I remove my David Thiel panel so when people search for it, they find Daves and not mine? Dave has the actual sound effects, etc in his version and I feel like I'm sort of stealing his work.

I would think if you linked the Davids latter edited one, folks may find it easier while going through your play-list.

his version does have the original audio tracks and does sound terrific

#1471 4 months ago
    Quoted from openpinballproj:

Didn't one of the shows have a consignment table/booth. I think that the show provided somebody to do the sales transactions, and attendees provided the stuff. That would get rid of the issue where you have a couple of things you don't need anymore, but you don't have enough for a booth. (Nearly everybody in this hobby collects pieces and parts that they don't need anymore, and it gives them a good way to sell them without needing to be tied to a table all weekend.) That might be more interesting to me than the auction since you could purchase things immediately.

I tried this the first year at my glass booth. I didn't really work out all of the details and I had poor signage. I think with some thought it could be a really cool idea. Or it could be a place for people to dump buckets of rusty junk on the table and take up space. Someone would need to run the booth and keep track of sales. Not sure if something like 20% commission would cover the room fee and pay a person to run it.

#1472 4 months ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I tried this the first year at my glass booth. I didn't really work out all of the details and I had poor signage. I think with some thought it could be a really cool idea. Or it could be a place for people to dump buckets of rusty junk on the table and take up space. Someone would need to run the booth and keep track of sales. Not sure if something like 20% commission would cover the room fee and pay a person to run it.

Yeah hi i got this box of chit. I'll go
    Play pinball for 8 hours and if you sell anything just fork over my cash.

I think that's why it basically didn't work.

#1473 4 months ago

Does anyone have the contact info for the cabinet restoration person who had their booth set up in the Freeplay hall? I have some work for him.

#1474 4 months ago

We did have a blast and met so many TNT fans and collectors! And now I have finished TWO of the three Pintastic videos I made! The first one covers the entire show except for the seminars...at 2 hours 45 minutes, you will see pretty much everything...and we try to have fun with this too!
    » YouTube video

Second, is the fun PINTASTIC AUCTION....look at these deals!!! An Hour and 20 minutes!!
    » YouTube video

The third video is my 2 hour seminar...but I am adding lots of other visual and video clips...and it will be out later this week!
    Todd N. Tuckey

1 week later
    #1475 4 months ago

And here is the SEMINAR! » YouTube video

2 weeks later
    #1476 3 months ago

A Big F-U to Massachusetts and the DOT toll system. Seems like Mass DOT is charging my NY EZ pass for a vehicle that was locked in my garage, when I was at work. They claim to have images....... I got an image too of my truck that never even left my house on 7/7 and an autotime stamped record of me being at work at the time the towers and tolls picked up the plate.

The only explanations are: They got the right plate number PINBALL, but the wrong state, or someone "borrowed" my plate, unbeknownst to me. But this doesn't seem likely since I used specialty square head screws as an theft deterrent. Either way I am pretty freaking sour at the whole situation.

#1477 3 months ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I got an image too of my truck that never even left my house on 7/7

Is the image they sent you of your truck? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

#1478 3 months ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Is the image they sent you of your truck? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

The image they have is of another vehicle but they do not share that with the owner of the transponder or the State that owns that EZ pass affiliated with the tag. They may have confused states and plates. Either way my transponder did not get used, it was in the GMC truck, parked in my locked garage not in Massachusettes. My Subaru, which went to Sturbridge that Friday morning, was with me at work at the time of the stamps at 7 PM that evening. The NY DOT was very helpful and is disputing the charges, I was informed this process will take up to 20 days. What a steaming pile of sh1t.

#1479 3 months ago

Bottom line is MA DOT screwed up Royally and is charging me fraudulently for a vehicle that was never in the State on 7/7. They hire morons or have an inferior system for plate recognition. To think someone stole my plate, or hacked, or copied it, not out of the question, but highly unlikely. The proximity of the alleged travel though, is highly suspicious and to me, alarming.

#1480 3 months ago

How much was the charge?

#1481 3 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

How much was the charge?

$7.30 three electronic toll reads. It's the principal of the whole thing . It's fraudulent and ethically disconcerting.

#1482 3 months ago

It's fraudulent and ethically disconcerting.

That's a great quote

#1483 3 months ago

Sounds like some straight-up BS. I saw your truck while there, I think I parked nearby. I'm not sure how that would happen if they also actually scan the EZPasses. They only use photo ID if the tag is not present. Did you call them directly and say WTF?

#1484 3 months ago

FYI Pintastic dates have been set and moved back away from the 4th of July.

Pintastic 2018 June 28th to 30th

Keep an eye out for a direct link on our web site to book rooms new this year. Very easy.

#1485 3 months ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Sounds like some straight-up BS. I saw your truck while there, I think I parked nearby. I'm not sure how that would happen if they also actually scan the EZPasses. They only use photo ID if the tag is not present. Did you call them directly and say WTF?

I did and they referred me to NY where my account is. No way in hell they photographed my plate Friday night as they fraudulently claim. My freaking truck was home inside a locked garage & I was at work. And my Pinball plate they read wrong , maybe there is another CT plate with 6 digits like PNBALL or PINBAL , mine is the full 7 digit correct spelling PINBALL. My route to Sturbridge is straight up 84, to Route 138/20. Never went on the MA Pike or the Ted Williams Tunnel which they claimed . I drive my Subaru Daily that vehicle was in Sturbridge but only until 11:15 AM Ftiday and the transponder I keep in my truck 99.5% if the time.

#1486 3 months ago

Since the dates they say you used plate are the same days as the pinball show,I would guess that there was a screw up as you suspect. Some variant of pinball on a CT plate or some other states` plate,from someone else going to the show. When I saw that states were sending bills to people who were using the tolls I expected issues to develop if the pics did not get the entire plate. Did you get the bill since they say they took pic of your plate? or was the transponder scanned? If you had transponder at home,it should not have been reported scanned.

#1487 3 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

FYI Pintastic dates have been set and moved back away from the 4th of July.
    Pintastic 2018 June 28th to 30th
    Keep an eye out for a direct link on our web site to book rooms new this year. Very easy.

Excellent. Already have the plan to drop vacation over that week!

#1488 3 months ago

The only explanations are: They got the right plate number PINBALL, but the wrong state

I know that NY has two color schemes active right now for their license plates. Which color scheme is your plate? That would narrow down whether a PA plate or a CT plate could be mistaken for yours. Also, did you get the detail on which toll sensors the vehicle went under? I know that detail is provided on pay-by-plate bills; not sure about whether they include it in transponder bills, but I would expect they do. It tells you (indirectly) where they got on and off the Mass Pike, which is a clue.

I think there were several PINBALL/PINBAL/PNBALL license plates at the show.

#1489 3 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I know that NY has two color schemes active right now for their license plates. Which color scheme is your plate? That would narrow down whether a PA plate or a CT plate could be mistaken for yours. Also, did you get the detail on which toll sensors the vehicle went under? I know that detail is provided on pay-by-plate bills; not sure about whether they include it in transponder bills, but I would expect they do. It tells you (indirectly) where they got on and off the Mass Pike, which is a clue.
    I think there were several PINBALL/PINBAL/PNBALL license plates at the show.

I have CT plates Dave, only one color scheme, blue and white. MY EZ pass is thur NY State because Connecticut doesn't recognize EZ Pass (yet, wait Governor Dipwad Malloy and his douchebags are lobbying for putting tolls back in our state) I chose NY over MA because I travel thru NY more often going to Allentown and York, no tolls going to Sturbridge, it's up 84 and back. And MA doesn't even recognize combination plates (commerical/passenger) whereas NY does on the EZ Pass application.

My guess is their camera caught a plate similar to mine, when a MA employee or computer found an EZ pass account, and billed the EZ Pass account rather than the addressee via mail. But they got the plate wrong. I am fighting this and I am not done.

1 week later
    #1490 3 months ago

Yup, that MA turnpike toll system totally sucks. I had an issue with them as well, and they simply don't respond to complaints or disputes. They just keep sending threatening notices with additional fees tacked on. Luckily, my job paid for the highway robbery. I just got tired of going round and round with them. I avoid the MA pike whenever possible!

#1491 3 months ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

That's a great quote

Yeah. I didn't think he had it in him!

#1492 3 months ago
    Quoted from pintoys:

Since the dates they say you used plate are the same days as the pinball show,I would guess that there was a screw up as you suspect. Some variant of pinball on a CT plate or some other states` plate,from someone else going to the show. When I saw that states were sending bills to people who were using the tolls I expected issues to develop if the pics did not get the entire plate. Did you get the bill since they say they took pic of your plate? or was the transponder scanned? If you had transponder at home,it should not have been reported scanned.

Yeah, so whoever has a plate with "PINBALL", or "PINBAL", or anything like that, and went to Pintastic using the Masspike, 'fess up!

4 weeks later
    #1493 73 days ago

Pre pinball expo cards are in with our new date for 2018. We will most likely be changing it to a 4 day event with a mini pintastic show on July 1st as well. Stay tuned. Bigger VIP room and 4 day ultimate VIP package coming.

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG

#1494 73 days ago

How long will people have to keep their machines there if they bring them this time?

#1495 73 days ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

How long will people have to keep their machines there if they bring them this time?

Nothing changes from last year. If you leave your game for Sunday their will be another incentive. But we have not decided what that will be yet.

#1496 72 days ago

Nice, the whole family will be there again next year with 4-day VIP tickets!

1 month later
    #1497 30 days ago

Update on bogus EZ pass charges, the great state of NY came through and I was given credit for the erroneous charges from Massholechewshits. Took 4 months and some perseverance and due diligence but I was righted from a wrong . For me it was the principle of the matter not the amount .

#1498 29 days ago

Update on bogus EZ pass charges, the great state of NY came through and I was given credit for the erroneous charges from Massholechewshits. Took 4 months and some perseverance and due diligence but I was righted from a wrong . For me it was the principle of the matter not the amount .

I need someone like you around when I drop a screw under the playfield and can't find it.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    $ 10.95
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 189.99
    There are 1495 posts in topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside