New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 368 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Well the start of 2017 is TM and the push for PINTASTIC will begin. Here is the current draft of our 2017 promo card. If you are a vendor and would like to help destribute cards with in your ordered I would love to send you out a package.
    If you are in the New England area and did not receive a package last year send me a PM and I will get one to you this year to destribute in your local area. If you got a package last year you are already on the list.
    If you would like to get on the card and spo for PINTASTIC please shoot me a PM. Thank you everyone for all the hp and support in making PINTASTIC a great event!
    Happy New Year
    Gabriel D'Annunzio

Sounds great can't wait. Maybe I'll bring a Pinball Magic and try and sell it to you!!!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

As always, I'm there...I'm Pintastic's biggest fan (and official Pintastic Pain in the Ass!).

Whoops, spoke too soon, never mind. (this guy scares the beejezus out of me)

1 month later
    #113 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He saw the purple water after partaking of the free mushrooms in the parking lot.

You really should stop handing those out to the Canadians.

1 month later
    #263 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome. When are you picking me up?

Start looking out the window now. Hold your breath while you're at it.

3 weeks later
    #346 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

... linked fastbreaks will be a draw for mnaubaa you don't see them very often. ...

WTF is "mnaubaa"? It sounds like something beelzeboob would babble while drooling.

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I only do that when I'm looking at you.

Ut-oh, drinking on a Sunday. No school tomorrow?

#357 3 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Black lights.
    Some of the best arcades I frequented, used black lights to "enhance" the experience.

Black lights and beelzeboob in a massage area sounds like a real bad idea.

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Black lights and beelzeboob in a massage area sounds like a real bad idea. If he goes through the free play area after that no one is touching a machine.

2 weeks later
    #388 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With Allentown behind us, everybody should be all about Pintastic. Great show...me and my family (and dog) can't wait.

You said you were not coming! You can't keep pulling this on us!

1 week later
    #445 3 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

..., just as some people don't hate clowns with a passion. ...

They don't? I thought that is what they are for. I was trained since I was a child. I even had one of these as a kid -

Bozo (resized).png

#446 3 years ago

Wow my first duplicate post. I finally pulled a Randy.

#457 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Two sided Beer Glass New for this year! Get yours only $5 each at the show!

Oh hell yes. These are 16oz thick wall? I use these for everything. Of course most things are beer.

Don't order too few. I'll take 6 min. If there in boxes of 12 probably.

#502 3 years ago

One? To put up with him? Janice deservers more (read that anyway you want).

2 weeks later
    #613 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Automated Services will be sponsoring the Thank You give away!! Thank you Mike Daddona for all the great support. Remember if your game is in free play at 10pm on Saturday night July 8th you will have a chance to win part of the $2,000 in cash prizes. Good luck everyone.

Mike is so good for keeping pinball alive in this area. He is supportive in many ways. The beginnings of my getting the sickness of collecting came from hanging out in one of his warehouses on the weekends with a guy with a cigar named Abe (RIP).

3 weeks later
    #768 3 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

I am in the market for my first pin - would Pintastic be a good place for a first pin purchase? Or would it be totally overwhelming for a newbie like me?

I think you should not buy unless you were confident about value (title, price and condition). You are coming to a place where everyone else who does know is either buying the good deals or passing.

I'm not saying to not do it. I'm just saying to bring knowledge in you're head or with a friend. And bring cash

#865 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Lol, apparenrly the universe doesn't care if I'm focused at work or not this week.

Is that an old picture? I didn't think Mike had the parties at the stores anymore. He throws private parties (like the Dialed-In one) at the Pepe Farm Rd place. Does he have a store front in your area?

#904 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

AND IT'S SPELLED RIGHT!!!

That's how you know it is a fake. The real guy can't get anything right.

#913 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for the pics, Gabe. I'm glad I got a chance to see what the lounge looks like since I'll be stopped by the goons guarding the door.

I guess I should have gotten a VIP pass just to have a place to hide from you. Last year you kept following me into the bathroom and tapping your foot under the stall.

#942 3 years ago

VIP partying.

Sanctum crew wins.

#955 3 years ago

Foreflow - Your pictures of the tournament area show the backglass missing from my Dirty Harry. Did it ever get put it back? I fear the broke it during transport.

#992 3 years ago

I am back from Pintastic. Great mix of games in the Free Play area. Great EM selection, Brian's System-11 row was great, a good mix of classic Bly/Wms like Creech, MB. Gabe moved about 10 awesome games with ColorDMDs into the vendor area so pinball is being played everywhere. Silverball Tournament was running hot when I left (I only played 1 entry but still qualifying for tournament so far). Mike had all of the new Stern and JJP games running (Star Wars had to be updated but was running fine). Lot of parts mods and game room stuff. Too many people I knew to list.

Very good crowd for the early Friday. I think Gabe has got a hit on his hands.

Where was Evil Dead? Did that show up after I left? Bummed. I was also looking for Buffy

Forceflow. The story on my backglass was that they borrowed mine. When Jim heard I was asking about it he didn't want me to freak out so he borrowed the one from DM. Funny, this huge show and no one has backglass glass. And they didn't even think to ask me to grab a piece before coming up.

#995 3 years ago

Well Forceflow. You almost met me. You took a picture of me playing in the tournament.

SB (resized).jpg

#1002 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must have walking in the BBQ joint when my family were eating right by the door. We thought it was great, but not as good as the stuff we had near TPF in Dallas last year (but hey!...that's Texas, so it's really not fair!).
    Pintastic is a wonderful show...everybody should try it at least once!

Every time they bring back the McRib you think you are in Texas

http://mcriblocator.com/

Sorry I did not get to see Janice this year. You know, your better %99-44/100. She is like Ivory Soap to your scum (good to see you)

#1107 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Who won the tourney?

I think Eric Stone took 1st
    Phil Bimaum 2nd
    Tim Sexon 3rd

#1110 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingDaddy:

I made the obvious mistake of coming Saturday in the middle of the day -- it was crowded and difficult to play anything good. My bad -- and actually good news for the Gabe and Pintastic that it was so full.
    Next year, I will try and come early on Friday... To those who who were there at 10am in Friday, how crowded was it?

I was there from 10 am to 2:30 pm. Busy the whole time but not crazy. You could get to play anything you wanted, but not everything was running yet. There were no holes in the Free Play area. Lots of games. But Star Wars was not running until noon and I think Evil Dead showed up around 3:00 right after I left

I played 1 ticket in the tournament when it opened at noon but then it was so busy after that I did not play again. (I hate crowds).

The outside stuff was a no go that early since the rain was heavy. Probably for the best or I may have been shoving a project into the back of a Honda Civic.

#1112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

You spent half the time following Beelzeboob around.
    It was good finally meeting you.

Good to meet you.

The other guy is like gum stuck to your shoe. Or something else I may have stepped in

#1114 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My rule of thumb: Pinball shows on a Saturday generally suck. I try to get there for Friday all day, whether it's Allentown, Pintastic, or whatever. Once the rabble get off work and bring their families to see what this "pinball thing" is all about, I like to already be in my car on the way home....

Tell the truth. Gabe did not want you to come but he is a nice guy. So he told you if you really insist on coming to come when there are less kids around because you scare them.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

...So, Taxman...why don't you just come for your half hour on Saturday next year, and you can avoid me altogether? ...

Hmmm, who knew you'd have a good thought.

#1204 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

It's not a pinball topper, but a slot machine topper. WMS made a slot machine that had a pinball theme, and when you got certain awards on the reels below, this topper started running the ball around the path of different pinball mechanisms. I don't know the name of the machine off-hand, but it was discussed extensively on r.g.p at the time it came out, so you should be able to find out more with a well-focused Google search.
    .................David Marston

I have one of those. Steve Young found he had a bunch and sold them to us over 10 years ago. Back then you could not get repro pop bumper caps for AFM. So I bought a Red one. There were worth it for the parts. Coils, Kicker mechs, lane guides...

#1218 3 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

i brought 11 machines and everytime i walked by i thought people were very respectfull of them - the only issue i had is somebody took my taxi off freeplay - i have no idea why somebody would do that. i always leave the keys with the game - or in a lot of cases my games don't even have locks. taxi didn't have a lock - it looked like it did - but you could just open the door. next year i will put locks on all of them so something like this doesn't happen. thanks ed

Any the batteries good? I'm just wondering it someone walked up to a just started 4 player game and turned the game off and on to clear them.

#1272 3 years ago

Why would you want 2 tiers? Pinball people hate staircases.

#1297 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Leave the tournament where it is. Great location and it's not in anybody's way, it's in the back of the room!
    And more foot traffic for vendors is very important. I bought a funhouse apron that I never would have even seen if the tournament were back in a breakout room like before.
    Crowds are a good thing. Means people are coming to the show.

Agreed. While talking by the tournament area (before the kids took over) I was buying stuff off the vendor table. I was talking to Brian (Stang) and my friend Tom and started just picking up some easy break plastics for System-11 games and drop stickers. A quick $50 in 4 minutes of stuff I did not think of before hand.

Like Forceflow said - Year 1 vendor area, year 2 back room, year 3 back out. Gabe is trying and learning what is best and I think from experience and feedback it is all good and getting better.

#1299 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

It got downright chilly in the free play area! Also, the seminar room went from warm and humid, to frigid in 10 minute cycles. I couldn't wait to get out of there!

I find that hard to believe. I thought frigid seminar rooms where reserved for Jpop, Dutch and Skit-B.

#1333 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Would a date change for 2018 to June 28th to the 30th work better for everything pintastic?

I would take the other shows into consideration and check the schedules with the vendors you want to make sure you can get.

Just throwing this out to the public will just generate a whole bunch of suggestions based on people's personal schedules.

#1359 3 years ago

I guess beelzeboob is hiding, he always avoids tests.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 350.00
    Boards
    Pinball Basement
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 7.90
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 159.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside