pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20231019_121421 (resized).jpg
20231019_123220 (resized).jpg
972503_c72157a435464f19b42f1685b252e83a~mv2 (resized).jpg
972503_589533b2d3db435f9a928468f675a9d4~mv2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1183 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 19,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 387.
#15751 6 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The additional apron, LCD frame and painting of the Xeno are nice, but not worth the money to add on your LV. I do think there are better and more accurate versions of the airlock out there, especially the color.
I clearcoated my Xeno with extra glossy paint and looks very nice, wet effect. Most owners with the interactive apron will not trade that for a decal. The decal is btw very nice done, the print has some depth. So, if anybody wants to add it, it is possible.

The Art of Pinball stuff is 100% amazing, and man do i want that topper... But the custom interactive apron just cannot be beaten - they really should have approached those guys for a collaboration on the Ripley Edition (maybe they did, i wouldnt know).

#15752 6 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The additional apron, LCD frame and painting of the Xeno are nice, but not worth the money to add on your LV. I do think there are better and more accurate versions of the airlock out there, especially the color.
I clearcoated my Xeno with extra glossy paint and looks very nice, wet effect. Most owners with the interactive apron will not trade that for a decal. The decal is btw very nice done, the print has some depth. So, if anybody wants to add it, it is possible.

I havent seen anyone offering the airlock frame. Also, it seems that they changed the look of the door with the new code to match the new frame.

#15753 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, the head was semi-translucent in the first movie with a human-ish skull. Part two they went all Klingon with the head, Part 3 was a dog hybrid, and so on. [quoted image]

Hmmnnn, I dont recall that from the first movie...

#15754 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can barely notice it in the original Alien (due to the lighting and onscreen effects), depends on the scene and if you light up your monitor/tv to the max. They changed the design to the opaque one right after the original movie.

Screenshot_20231023_112154 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231023_112154 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20231023_112349 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231023_112349 (resized).jpg

#15755 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You can barely notice it in the original Alien (due to the lighting and onscreen effects), depends on the scene and if you light up your monitor/tv to the max. They changed the design to the opaque one right after the original movie.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very interesting. Seen the movie a ton of times too...

#15756 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I havent seen anyone offering the airlock frame. Also, it seems that they changed the look of the door with the new code to match the new frame.

https://mezelmods.com/products/alien-pinball-airlock-lcd-cover

#15758 6 months ago

I might have to buy that apron decal. I bought the limited edition lasered apron a month ago, and it is lost in the mail. Mailed from the Netherlands 9/29 and it hasn't been seen anywhere since. Awesome.

#15759 6 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I might have to buy that apron decal. I bought the limited edition lasered apron a month ago, and it is lost in the mail. Mailed from the Netherlands 9/29 and it hasn't been seen anywhere since. Awesome.

Well, that should have been insured and you sent a new one...

#15760 6 months ago

When is this new version shipping?

#15761 6 months ago

I have to stop looking on pinside! I so want to buy this game as I love the Aliens franchise and Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time.

This RE edition is priced very well but my cost would add up quick as I would definitely want the topper, that really cool apron I have seen on pinside, and several other mods.

I have played the original Heighway version only not the PB version. Loved the look and all the nice touches on that version (not on PB of course) but was not in love with the game. I don't think I got to play it enough tbh.

Only other issue would be that no one would play it but me (some ways not a bad thing, lol).

This is tough to not to click the order button though.

#15762 6 months ago

At first, I thought the official flasher kit wasn't worth it, but now I think it is worth it and just ordered one for my SV. I think it looks excellent! That's the mini-beacon kit to have! The integration programming is really cool! Seeing it in action in the recent videos changed my mind.

https://pbusasales.com/add-ons/alien/alien-flasher-mini-beacon-kit

#15763 6 months ago

Based on the amount of recent posts, all to say that Pinball Brother's move has totally reignited interest in this beautiful game! Love my LV! I may go for the flasher kit and the airlock. As for the topper, it does look good but I'm not a topper guy for any of my games.

#15764 6 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

At first, I thought the official flasher kit wasn't worth it, but now I think it is worth it and just ordered one for my SV. I think it looks excellent! That's the mini-beacon kit to have! The integration programming is really cool! Seeing it in action in the recent videos changed my mind.

I agree and plan to order this as well. The only reason I held off (for now) is that they are not set to start shipping these until next year. I figure I'll hang onto my cash for a few extra months.

#15765 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The Ripley edition is wanting the topper..that is the design stucture that I think they had in mind..WITH the option for everyone else with a diff version to buy the topper and extra mods that DON'T come with the RE...brilliant imo, and I hope that works out for PB

Ya the translite from the LV with the alien front and center and staring directly at the player would make the Alien topper redundant as that is also another alien front and center staring directly down at the player….the RE Translite makes the alien topper less redundant although I would add the beacon topper too!

#15766 6 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

https://pbusasales.com/add-ons/alien/alien-flasher-mini-beacon-kit

I havent seen any videos of it yet. Do you know where I can find them?

#15767 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yup, Kelly and Lior worked together to re-render the doors to match the frame.

PB offered to fly me out to Expo this year, but I just couldn't fit it into my schedule, got a lot of my plate right now. Sorry I didn't get to see anyone there, hope people had a good time. Was fun to see all the pics of the cab on the show floor instead of just having Photoshop.

#15768 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I havent seen any videos of it yet. Do you know where I can find them?

I saw the video on Foolbook:

https://fb.watch/nSu6PVXqLr/

#15769 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Definitely there, but quite hard to see in the finished film

#15770 6 months ago

Thank you for that! I really cant decide if I like those or not haha. Going to have to wait.

But thanks to that video, I did get to see the match screen. And its f*cking awesome!!!

#15771 6 months ago

The xeno is just not lit clearly often in the first film, but if you look at the airlock shots where it is the skull is pretty readable.

xeno1 (resized).pngxeno1 (resized).png

xeno2 (resized).pngxeno2 (resized).png

xeno3 (resized).pngxeno3 (resized).png

#15772 6 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The xeno is just not lit clearly often in the first film, but if you look at the airlock shots where it is the skull is pretty readable.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

yea i dont see it at all.

#15773 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

yea i dont see it at all.

Damn, what a great scene! I remember thinking 'Will that thing ever die??!!'

#15774 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Damn, what a great scene! I remember thinking 'Will that thing ever die??!!'

It is, but I also find it confusing. Just before what I posted, when she launches off in that escape pod. The Alien is just sitting there. Its never really explained why in the movie. Its like comatose.

I believe it is supposed to be at the end of its lifecycle and dying...

#15775 6 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Ya the translite from the LV with the alien front and center and staring directly at the player would make the Alien topper redundant as that is also another alien front and center staring directly down at the player….the RE Translite makes the alien topper less redundant although I would add the beacon topper too!

I was just messing around in photoshop with the topper (although the topper is at a steeper angle in my screen grab)..and it looks really good with my setup imho! I might even angle the topper, just the way it looks in this picture, so it can show off the 'floor' of the topper..we'll all see when they get in our hands..let me know if this is too redundant with the two aliens here, although one is the queen and one is the worker bee

alien topper (resized).jpgalien topper (resized).jpg
#15776 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It is, but I also find it confusing. Just before what I posted, when she launches off in that escape pod. The Alien is just sitting there. Its never really explained why in the movie. Its like comatose.
I believe it is supposed to be at the end of its lifecycle and dying...

My take was that until it felt she was a threat, It would keep Ripley to 'cocoon' her. I'm thinking it was just about to move into some form of hibernation. And at that point, the xenomorph just doesn't know this is an escape pod, it's primal instinct just calls upon it to keep on reproducing, Ripley being the last one alive. There's many opinions out there why!

#15777 6 months ago

Opinions on what a fictious beings primal instinct is?

Why would you need one of those? Trying to think of a scenario where the opinion may come in handy.....

#15778 6 months ago

Just wondering if anyone out there is making a decent WRITTEN manual. I have one for every machine even the 4 JJP's i own including Godfather. It drives me nuts as I believe it is a must. Maybe it is still changing by the week but everything looks ironed out so maybe it is time.. I do love this game.

#15779 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was just messing around in photoshop with the topper (although the topper is at a steeper angle in my screen grab)..and it looks really good with my setup imho! I might even angle the topper, just the way it looks in this picture, so it can show off the 'floor' of the topper..we'll all see when they get in our hands..let me know if this is too redundant with the two aliens here, although one is the queen and one is the worker bee
[quoted image]

Not as redundant as the LV art would be but certainly more redundant than if it were placed atop the Ripley version. Maybe do a photoshop on top of the Ripley translite for comparison?

#15780 6 months ago

Almost pulled the trigger on the Ellen edition but something about the new art still pending approval didn't sit right with me. What happens if it doesn't get approved?

#15781 6 months ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Alien topper
[quoted image]

tell us more about this item!

#15782 6 months ago

Thank you for finding this video and posting it.

I currently have the Heighway version and I noticed the flasher up in the top right corner of the game, which my HW version does not have.

I decided to trade my HW version in to get the PB version. I just love the overall looks of this game and the added touch, including the new code with Ripley in the video among other things.

I'm going to miss the lighted side boards of the HW version and the cabinet itself is rock solid, but the small screen on the playfield I rarely noticed while playing which, I know, is odd.

But I figured HW is no longer in business and I heard PB has fantastic customer support, which is a HUGE plus in regards to helping me fix the pin in case something happens. Everybody I talked to said the earlier versions of the PB did have some issues, but the later versions has been rock solid. My HW version has been really good though and hasn't given me any problems, so it just boils down to what version you want to have.

Plus, I'm a topper guy and I LOVE that topper and had to include it in my order with Zach and FlipNOut pinball, so thanks again Zach. We're both topper bruthas from different muthas.

GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!! LOL Never gets old.

#15783 6 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

tell us more about this item!

Here's a pic of the Queen Studio Alien bust and an Aliens Ripley statue.

Alien Display (resized).jpgAlien Display (resized).jpgAliens Ripley (resized).jpgAliens Ripley (resized).jpg
#15784 6 months ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Here's a pic of the Queen Studio Alien bust and an Aliens Ripley statue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That doesnt look like a queen...

#15785 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

My take was that until it felt she was a threat, It would keep Ripley to 'cocoon' her. I'm thinking it was just about to move into some form of hibernation. And at that point, the xenomorph just doesn't know this is an escape pod, it's primal instinct just calls upon it to keep on reproducing, Ripley being the last one alive. There's many opinions out there why!

Did those worker Aliens Cocoon their victims? Thats the confusing part to me. The queen lays the eggs. The face huggers impregnate and hatch the "Worker Aliens" But do those "worker Aliens" reproduce?

Yes, lots of theories. Thats why the Alien movies are so awesome. Even through Prometheus and Covenant.

#15786 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

I like it! I have one of those waiting to be installed, just cant find the time!

#15787 6 months ago

Sorry for blowing up the thread this mornign... lots of energy today!

For the flasher kit, perhaps someone can answer this.. The top right flasher seems to turn on and stay on while a mode is running. Did they change the beacon behavior to match that flasher? Meaning, do the beacons turn on now when a mode is started?

#15788 6 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Thank you for finding this video and posting it.
I currently have the Heighway version and I noticed the flasher up in the top right corner of the game, which my HW version does not have.
I decided to trade my HW version in to get the PB version. I just love the overall looks of this game and the added touch, including the new code with Ripley in the video among other things.
I'm going to miss the lighted side boards of the HW version and the cabinet itself is rock solid, but the small screen on the playfield I rarely noticed while playing which, I know, is odd.
But I figured HW is no longer in business and I heard PB has fantastic customer support, which is a HUGE plus in regards to helping me fix the pin in case something happens. Everybody I talked to said the earlier versions of the PB did have some issues, but the later versions has been rock solid. My HW version has been really good though and hasn't given me any problems, so it just boils down to what version you want to have.
Plus, I'm a topper guy and I LOVE that topper and had to include it in my order with Zach and FlipNOut pinball, so thanks again Zach. We're both topper bruthas from different muthas.
GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!! LOL Never gets old.

Man, a Heighway owner that is rationale. Rare.

#15789 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did those worker Aliens Cocoon their victims? Thats the confusing part to me. The queen lays the eggs. The face huggers impregnate and hatch the "Worker Aliens" But do those "worker Aliens" reproduce?
Yes, lots of theories. Thats why the Alien movies are so awesome. Even through Prometheus and Covenant.

There was a scene from the first movie that was cut that showed, during the preparations for abandoning ship, the remaining crew coming across the others who had previously been taken by the alien, and they were coccooned. Dallas was still conscious, and was pleading to be killed by the flame thrower, which they proceded to do. I think if this had remained in the film it might have explained the life cycle a little better, but where the eggs came from would still be a mystery, which is probably why it was left out in the first place.

This scene was later recreated for Aliens, using one of the colonists.

#15790 6 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

There was a scene from the first movie that was cut that showed, during the preparations for abandoning ship, the remaining crew coming across the others who had previously been taken by the alien, and they were coccooned. Dallas was still conscious, and was pleading to be killed by the flame thrower, which they proceded to do. I think if this had remained in the film it might have explained the life cycle a little better, but where the eggs came from would still be a mystery, which is probably why it was left out in the first place.
This scene was later recreated for Aliens, using one of the colonists.

Interesting.. yes, that would probably have made for some clarity. I forgot that Dallas seems to just disappear in that movie. Was he ever actually found in the finished movie?

#15791 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting.. yes, that would probably have made for some clarity. I forgot that Dallas seems to just disappear in that movie. Was he ever actually found in the finished movie?

No. I think that deleted scene was to explain the fates of both Dallas and Brett, who was fully covered in the goop. When the scene was removed, it left that up to the viewer's imagination as to what happened to them, but they most certainly perished when the ship was blown up.

#15792 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That doesnt look like a queen...

He didn’t say it was…

#15793 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry for blowing up the thread this mornign... lots of energy today!
For the flasher kit, perhaps someone can answer this.. The top right flasher seems to turn on and stay on while a mode is running. Did they change the beacon behavior to match that flasher? Meaning, do the beacons turn on now when a mode is started?

Do not know since the ER version shown on the floor did not have any beacons on top, and the LV there did not have the kit in it. But I do not expect that behavior.

#15794 6 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

He didn’t say it was…

I thought when he said Queen Studio Alien, he was saying its a bust of the Queen Alien...

#15795 6 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Do not know since the ER version shown on the floor did not have any beacons on top, and the LV there did not have the kit in it. But I do not expect that behavior.

Makes sense. Hmmnn.....

#15797 6 months ago

Thanks. I ended up looking it up afterwards. That thing is awesome looking!

#15798 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I like it! I have one of those waiting to be installed, just cant find the time!

it's really worth it, and I do like the original translite, but this really kicks it up a notch..notice that I used green and blue lights in between the plexi's..really bumps it up a notch..I did buy the Alien Queen insert, but it didn't grab me as well as the 'SV' edition print. the backlighting is up to you, and depending on your creativity, you can really bump up the 3D effect..would be really cool if the inner plexi was textured and embossed!

#15799 6 months ago

From memory... I believe there was a scene written not included in the movie where the captives was being transformed into eggs and showed a progression from mostly human to mostly egg. It was also all slow in the end because it was at the end of its life cycle which was why it had started to become transparent but none of that was ever explained.

#15800 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks. I ended up looking it up afterwards. That thing is awesome looking!

It goes really well with LV335. I like the Ripley version but only 3 pins at a time... and the three I have aren't going anywhere soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 160.00
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 19,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 387.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.