IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

Wife & I BOTH loved the Heighway's original one after first playing it at 2016 Expo and regretted not buying every since. So we gave Melissa our deposit an hour after the podcast aired. I'm also a big fan of powder coat and plan on doing something like this one that (depending on viewing angle) can be lime green or yellow (just like the colors in the egg logo).
[quoted image]

Glad you're finally getting the chance to own and play one. It's really an immersive pin and one of the best in my collection. The mood and atmosphere of the gameplay will really pull you in. Have fun brutha!

2 weeks later
#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien and Aliens are one of the best movie pairings ever made imo. Both masterfully done, each really existing inside their own sub genre, and yet they go together so well.
Alien is a suspense film. Amazing set designs, great humanistic portrayals of blue collar workers in space. You rarely even see the xeno until the end, and yet it also has one of the most famously disturbing violent scenes in cinema. The chest burster scene was unparalleled for years. The effects of the whole film hold up very well.
Aliens takes the first film and flips it on its head. We go from blue collar workers to soldiers. Both existing within a relationship with a controlling corporation, that's the constant thread, but now it's a war film. We go from barely seeing the xeno to being swarmed by them. There's still suspense, but it's not horror in the dark, it's an action film. Nothing feels repeated or formulaic, the connections between the films are fabulous but each really holds their own.
Both have a wonderful balance between the humanity of the characters, who aren't just there to be killed off like in so many more by the number horror films, but also the wonderful design of the aliens. The eggs, facehuggers, chesbursters, xeno drones, the Queen, the space jockey, his ship, just everything actually "alien" about the movies was so well done. HR Geiger was a genius, and there were two visionary directors with long careers ahead of them who made the most of it all.
I don't hate the third film, but they threw out all that development for something that never measured up. It's not a terrible movie, but hardly worth of being part of a trilogy. I'm happy to forget the fourth film even exists, it was not only not good, it took the only really meaningful thing the third film had to offer, Ripley's sacrifice, and just flushed it all down the toilet. Bleh.
The license would have allowed the third movie to be in the pin (not sure about the fourth, only remember discussion of the third). Nobody wanted it. Definitely the right call imo.

Ditto on everything you said Aurich. The best 1-2 punch in the movie industry, right up there with Star Wars and Terminator. After the originals and the sequels, the other ones mentioned lost it's punch but still good entertainment.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes there's not many movies sequels out there that knocked it out of the park Alien 1-2, Terminator 1-2, Star Wars 1-2 - they are just all time classics.
So looking forward to my Alien

You're going to love it. The shots, atmosphere, sound, the toys, really pulls you into the Alien Universe. I love mine and I'm so happy I got one. Sometimes I don't play it...I just go downstairs to look at it. Just put MK6spin (Mark) apron on it and it just pumped it up to the next level.

2 years later
#12560 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

just 3d Printed my first ever objects today..got a Halot-One resin printer, and just made a few eggs that will be placed on my incoming machine (2 weeks)...I was surprised how nice they turned out..not trying to make a sales pitch here..just saying that now I can make my own stuff, and the scale is smaller, which I prefer..I will paint the bottoms and let the glow of the top part of the egg shine.. As Aladdin said, 'A whole new world..' ..I have a billion things to 3D print now muhaahaahaaa
[quoted image]

TWIN POWER!!!

1 week later
#12675 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm getting my LV #61 tomorrooooowww!!! Already armed with mods (except the apron mod package..not sure what the holdup is on that). I can't wait! (well, I can..days are short in the PNW lol) I have the 3D backglass with two alien version inserts, sentry gun toys, 3D printed this/that's and waiting for the UK to clear up the russian postal hack, so I can order the plastics..and my video tracker is currently being held up because of that. anyways, stoked about my LV!

YOU SECURE THAT SHIT HUDSON!!!

1 week later
#12794 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If there is demand for these, I’m happy to produce them. Reach out to me for details.

I always wanted to get those beacons for my Heighway version of Alien. I ordered the LE, but I was only able to get the standard version and we'll just leave it at that.

I would be interested if something could be worked up.

8 months later
#15301 6 months ago

I'm going to ask a silly question, so bear with me.

Even though I don't own a PB version of Alien, I do own the Heighway version and still follow this thread even before this newest update. I was able to get one from Melissa and Cointaker only because an owner backed out of his purchase, so I was able to purchase his regular version, even though I was on the list for the LE.

So my question is this. Will this new Ellen update be available for us original Heighway version of this pin?? If so, how do I update my pin??

I've been reading all of the posts and see the bickering. At least you guys have the Alien version with multiple upgrades and software updates. I bought some mods for it (especially from Mageek, so thank you sir), but the other mods made I had to pass on because the mod makers informed me they did not know if the mods would fit or work on my Heighway version.

Anyway, I'm hoping this new update with work with my Heighway version. I recall when PB first announced they were making this pin they stated they wanted to appease and help out anybody who was screwed by Heighway pinball by fulfilling the orders first promised by them, as well as putting in some adjustments (such as the hypersleep ball lock, etc), so I'm really hoping PB Brothers don't forget about us Heighway owners as well.

Love this pin, so I'm hoping I can enjoy this new update as well along with the PB owners.

#15305 6 months ago
Quoted from precisionk:

My Alien brother, I am going to guess that PB is going to drop this new version likely only for the PB folks. I would take the initial fulfillment from PB to HW owners as the first and last thing as its "technically" two different versions of the game. Unless someone on the backend can code, I think the video assets are easy enough but coding when they popoff would be the difficult in the HW version.

Thank you sir. I kinda knew I was going to get kicked in the groin on the answer, but at least I had to ask.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

1 week later
#15782 5 months ago

Thank you for finding this video and posting it.

I currently have the Heighway version and I noticed the flasher up in the top right corner of the game, which my HW version does not have.

I decided to trade my HW version in to get the PB version. I just love the overall looks of this game and the added touch, including the new code with Ripley in the video among other things.

I'm going to miss the lighted side boards of the HW version and the cabinet itself is rock solid, but the small screen on the playfield I rarely noticed while playing which, I know, is odd.

But I figured HW is no longer in business and I heard PB has fantastic customer support, which is a HUGE plus in regards to helping me fix the pin in case something happens. Everybody I talked to said the earlier versions of the PB did have some issues, but the later versions has been rock solid. My HW version has been really good though and hasn't given me any problems, so it just boils down to what version you want to have.

Plus, I'm a topper guy and I LOVE that topper and had to include it in my order with Zach and FlipNOut pinball, so thanks again Zach. We're both topper bruthas from different muthas.

GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!! LOL Never gets old.

1 week later
#15956 5 months ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I’m thinking about getting a Ripley edition but have a few concerns that I figured could be answered here.
What is the overall quality of Pinball Brothers games?
If you have an issue that warrants a replacement part, how long does it take to receive it?
I’ve heard that the game is very immersive and the sound quality is great. Just wanting to reach out to the owners and get your thoughts on my questions above. I guess my only worry is the quality/construction/parts used in the game.

Can't speak for the PB version (since I currently own the HW Version) but Alien is the best theme integration of any pin I own IMO. The sounds, lights, shots and overall feel of the pin just screams the Alien universe. I'm a HUGE Alien fan, so I would be the harshest critic of this pin but I just couldn't find anything wrong with it. It's so immersive I had this one player come to my house and refuse to play the pin because the immersion scared him (true story). That's saying something.

I'm getting the Ripley version as well, so I thought the same thing you did. However, a buddy of mine has a PB version and he calmed all of my fears. He stated the first runs of Alien was buggy and were "turds" (his words, not mine), but since then PB fixed all of the problems and has excellent customer service stating his second PB Alien pin runs and plays like a charm.

The only way my Alien would leave my game room was if I was updating the older one because it's a keeper for me.

2 months later
#17181 3 months ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

For new Ripley owners, did you receive both translites with your pin or just the Ripley/Xeno headshot one like I did? I got mine last Friday (and loving it!) and FlipNOut said the Loader translite will ship later due to printing issues

Same here. I ordered from Zach as well and I’m suppose to get the loader translite as soon as they are printed. I love both translites, but I prefer the loader version because it features such an iconic scene from the movie. Zach said the early buyers of Ridley would get both for free, which is awesome.

I traded my Heighway version of Alien for this version. Both versions were great and the only way I would have made the trade was to get another alien because I love it that much. Awesome theme for me.

#17191 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Since you have had both why would you feel the PB version is better - honest question.

Good question and no foul here.

It was a tough decision, but I think at the end of the day I decided to get a version of the alien pin from a company that was still around and they sound like they have excellent customer service as well. I’m not the brightest crayon in the box in regards to fixing pinball machines and it kinda gives me a piece of mind going the other way in regards to parts as well. Maybe it’s my imagination, but the PB’s version seems to shoot faster. I liked the ball lock on the hypersleep shot and the magnet grab on the PB versionas well, but again it’s more of a personal reference than a game changer.

The Heighway version’s cabinet was built like a tank (which made it heavier) and the lighted cabinet looked sweet, but the deal I got also included the topper as well. The extra painted sculpts look better in person and the new code is pretty nice. At the end of the day I broke even and I’m very happy with my decision. Besides, this was the only way the Alien pin would have left my game room was if I replaced it because I LOVE this game.

#17229 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Appreciate the info. I have played the Heighway version and I loved the way it looked but felt it was a little clunky and slow to shoot/play. I am major Aliens fan and have really wanted the game ever since Heighway announced it. Naturally I am glad I never tried to get one based on the problems there were.
That being said the RE seems like the way to go for this game. I would love to get one along with the topper as I think it’s the nicest pin topper I have ever seen. Not sure I will ever be able to get one as I would be the only one to ever play the game in my house. Wife would never play it nor would any guests and it’s not a family friendly theme which my wife is picky about.
It’s definitely a different playing and shooting game IMHO and in a small 6 game collection I like having different types of games for sure.
Wonder if I can convince the wife to finally let POTC go so I can get this and still have money in the bank lol.

You will definitely have the money in the bank if you sold JJP POTC.

You'll love Alien, especially if you're like me you loves the franchise. I had some people over to play pinball recently and one guy refused to play the pin. He told me the movies scared the crap out of him and he does not want to even get close to the pin.

I know what you mean on the wife thing. It doesn't bother my wife in the least bit, but my twin brother's wife frowns on the idea of him getting EHOH pin because of the cleavage My brother is a deacon at his church and she's afraid of company coming over and seeing the CCs (cartoon cleavage)

We don't get it, but happy wife/happy life I guess

#17313 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

My balls game in the goodie box

That's what she said! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

3 weeks later
#17631 71 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Another dumb question. Do you get 2 translites with the RV or is the one pictured above the included one? I see 2 on their web site.

I ordered my ER Alien version before the end of the year and was told you would get both translites. When I received the pin, it only came with one. I checked with my distributor (Zach) and he said PB ran short of the power loader one, but would still honor the promise of giving both versions of the translite to the original buyers.

So far nothing. I even checked with PB and they stated they was going to check with "Shaun" to see how they would deal with the matter, but it's been a couple of weeks now and still no word.

It makes me wonder what really happened to the power loader translite. I remember when it was first shown to the public some pinsiders complained they didn't like it, thus probably forcing the hand of PB to change it to appease the few who complained. Personally, I liked the power loader one and now it seems I may never see it on my pin.

2 weeks later
#17866 54 days ago

Whatzup my fellow Alien lovers.

Just wanted to make a post to anyone waiting on the power loader translite with Pinball Brothers.

Received an email from PB asking about the power loader translite I didn’t receive when my Ellen Ripley edition was delivered. I was advised by PB they did not forget and will be shipping out all of the translites, including the topper and other mods, in the next (2) weeks and we should be receiving word from the distributors from which you placed your orders thru shortly after that time.

I always try to show some patience, but I received a “supposed” email from FedEx the next day after I received the email from PB stating they are holding an oversea package for me since they could not deliver at my residence because no one was home at 9:00 am to receive the package in order to pay a $1.99 delivery charge. They even sent a picture of the box, but the picture was too blurry for me to read who shipped the item to me. I got pretty excited and almost fell for it.

I found it odd for several reasons…
(1) My wife was home at that delivery time and she stayed no one came to our house at all.
(2) They wanted my name and address, along with a delivery time and of course my card number. Why would they want my name and address when that should have been listed on the box already?
(3) When I tried to contact FedEx, they wanted my shipping number. When I typed in the number, their system didn’t recognize it.
(4) I called my distributor (Zach at FlipNOut Pinball) and told him about the situation. He informed me PB will always ship the items to him instead, stating they would not necessarily know the names of the customers who purchased the pins directly from him. In the end I erased the email, so I just wanted to make someone else aware of this.

Super impressed with PB so far, being I traded my Heighway version to get the ER version. They always promptly answer my emails and are super nice in their response as well.

Can’t wait to get the topper and beacons to put the crowning accomplishment on top of the pin. I think it will really “put it over the top” (no pun intended) and I can’t wait to see how it interacts with the gameplay.

2 weeks later
#18147 36 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

FYI - had an issue with my left facehugger mech on my Ripley version built January 2024. The hinge bolt under the playfield had broken off leaving the facehugger to be less of his normal energetic self. In fact, he’d lean over the sling interfering with the ball. Submitted a ticket to PB who were awesome and immediately mailed me a replacement bracket. Looking at the new bracket, I think there may be an issue over the long term. On the new bracket, the hinge bolt is secured with 1 maybe 2 beads of solder that only covers about 1/4 of the surface. I think this could break off over time. So, after I teach myself how to solder (where’s a Radio Shack when you need one?), I will add more to this bolt and the other bracket as well. My quick fix was to add a nut and bolt to hold the mech in place (good, may loosen itself over time; maybe not a loctite app). Hope someone finds this useful. Don’t hesitate to reach out to PB; just phenomenal support.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same problem, except mine was the right hand sling. The facehugger hung so low the ball would hit it and I was afraid it would eventually cause one of the legs to snap off. I found the one screw that you had pictured, but I never could find the nut that would secure it.

I had to rig mine in a jiffy, so I just took a heavy duty zip tie to it and attached it and its working great until I can find the proper nut to attach it.

#18149 36 days ago

Well crap, maybe that's why I couldn't locate it!

Thank you Sir!

#18167 35 days ago
Quoted from Domes:

How did you end up zip tying the bracket?

I ran a zip tie from where the screw was originally placed to the metal bracket nearby that had a small screw hole in it. Sorry, I can't post pictures now because I'm at work.

However, last night while playing the pin I noticed the facehugger drop down low again and was getting hit by the ball, so unfortunately the fix I made may not work that well. Have to look at it again today when I get off from work.

Couldn't fool with it too much last night because of the bad storms we had traveling thru my area.

#18232 32 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Does anyone find this game to be too scarry to have in their house? I mean it's a giant human eating alien who puts babies in your tummy and then rips apart your chest to get out. Horrifying

Naw, that's why you have one in your game room so you can blast the crap out of those aliens.

I did have a visitor come to my house to play some pinball and he actually refused to get near the machine, stating it scared the crap out of him.

#18334 30 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Romlulus Trailer has dropped.

HUGE Alien fan and I can't wait to watch this movie. That scene with all of those facehuggers busting thru that door and chasing people down......HOLY SHIT!!!

2 weeks later
#18620 16 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Badass.
PB replied to topper inquiry: "The toppers were delayed due to unforeseen delays due to the war in Israel. The last I was informed, is that they will arrive within 1-2 weeks.."

They said the same thing to me about a month ago

2 weeks later
#18759 8 hours ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Just got my notice today. Original deposit was 20 October 2023. Full Payment was February 14th 2024. Apron Decal, mini screen cover and topper. Exciting!

Interesting to see if you get your full order, but here's hoping you do to at least give others hope in getting the topper. It would at least brighten my hopes that a topper was shipped to the states and some pinsider was able to get one.

My distributor told me he spoke with PB and their going to contact upper management to see how they could help correct the problem with the toppers being shipped. Man what a mess this has become.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 160.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.