IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamoraldus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 months later
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Another issue I noticed was at ~44:35, at a point where the xeno required more hits, activation of the magnet and the magnet tongue coming out and grabbing the ball, etc... the ambush MB started randomly after he hit the scoop for no real reason at all. Yeah, that's not right either.

He fired the shotgun right when he entered the scoop to start it. It’s worth two Xeno hits and so started the Ambush Multiball. No error here.

1 month later
#1240 2 years ago

Take off the Xeno head and reseat the tongue?

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where do you download the file, it’s not on the PB website?

That one doesn’t work? (Haven’t tried myself).

CBB24D66-8902-4F05-83BC-07DC43D71DC6 (resized).jpegCBB24D66-8902-4F05-83BC-07DC43D71DC6 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1745 2 years ago

Check out left platform. I would think the screws are all the same size.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/

It looks like M4, not M6.

3 months later
#3841 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cato figured it out so I’m all set. Thanks!

So what was the problem?

3 months later
#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone have a link to the full 2.4 code ? I can't find it on the PB website.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-4-
Edit: there’s only delta.

Slim targets (1/2) are not connected on SV, wide (1”) are.

Screen black: open the translite when the game is on. Try pulling the hdmi plug (leftmost under the screen) and reseating it. Display should come on now. If yes, rebooting should help, if not you do have a new problem, not the known one.

#5799 2 years ago

Yeah, I put a wide washer under mine. Seems to keep up.

#5879 2 years ago

I put self locking nuts on my targets. The screw’s thread is a standard M3 (3mm).

4 weeks later
#6494 2 years ago

megaladon

Have heard that setting Country has a bug. You need to reinstall the software. Instructions on PB‘s site.

Why didn’t you get you playfield into the vertical position? Is something in the way? How did it hold up like this?
If it doesn’t move lightly apply a single drop of oil to the skis. Only one small is enough. Then be careful while moving, it’s like a bob sled.

#6563 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

* Xeno Center Magnet drops ball immediately after grabbing it.
Same issue I am having.

Did you fiddle with the magnet strength? If you go over 79% if will reduce hold time by a second. I measured. Doesn’t work like you expect. I guess it’s a security feature to save you from a burning magnet. Stick below 80% and it will hold 3s, enough time for the tongue to grab it.

1 week later
#6750 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Still some bugs, I had a ball locked on hypersleep but started Alien Ambush but it stayed on with one ball left after draining the others? Also my auto launch still is weak every once in a while but can’t figure out why.

Hypersleep: all optos connected correctly?
Launcher: check if mech came loose, check screws.

#6790 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I am however still having the power drain no matter what I set my auto shooter power to, sometimes especially on multi ball it takes three attempts for it to shoot up the ramp into the Playfield. I submitted a ticket wondering if I have a faulty coil because it doesn’t seem to matter what setting I put the coil.

Did you check if the screws that hold the shooter assembly came loose? I had that on my game. Because it’s loose it’s not able to hit the ball dead on all the time. And so the ball can’t come up the ramp.

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah I’ve tried adjusting the nuts on the bottom and nothing. Even cranking up to 50% stronger it’s hit or miss with it making up the ramp. I think it’s a coil I’m not sure what’s going?

Again: did you check if the nuts holding the coil are still tight?

1 week later
#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

It seems there is a 'weak' ball launch.

I had the same problem.

Did you check if the kicker assembly is still screwed tight to the playfield?

Mine was loose and so not able to kick the ball as it should.

#7102 1 year ago

Why not just loosen the screws below the playfield that hold the scoop, turn it a bit and then just fixing the screws again? No need to bend any metal I‘d say.

#7195 1 year ago

Bend the switch wire down a bit?

#7268 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Backbox art on LV is from Brian Allen, not Aurich.

Brian Allen never did any official art for Alien.
LV is by @aurich.

#7319 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I have a ticket open with PB support, but thought I'd note here for anyone interested. Seems the Xeno head is getting stuck during test roughly 50% of the time...seems it starts to 'pull back' and gets stuck. I attempted adjusting the switch a bit, but i don't think its getting 'stuck' due to the switch.

Did you try to loosen the black nylonblock? That holds the tongue down to the gear. Seems your tongue is not pressed hard enough down to the gear, so it can slip. Try to apple some force to the loosened block and then fasten it. You need to experiment a bit. Maybe after fastening it the motor needs a bit more power, but usually not.

The switch is not your problem.

2 weeks later
#7724 1 year ago

For sizes see unpacking instructions here:
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/

2 weeks later
#7963 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. So I replaced it with the originals again but it seems to still do the problem.

Sounds like the direct connection cable from switches to coils are disconnected. The test can see switches and fire coils but in game it needs the direct cable connection.

1 week later
#8060 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

The ball is coming to rest as far forward as it can. Opto 2 is not detecting a ball (when 1 ball is in the hypersleep). Running 2.4.

You did check that all three optos are wired correctly? In the right order? 3 and 1 not exchanged?

2 weeks later
#8307 1 year ago

You didn’t show target 4. That also shouldn’t be connected. All five weapon targets have no programming.

1 week later
#8481 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

tuns out my reverso ramp doesnt work great because the wireform on the left side keeps getting knocked out of the groove.
What's the best way to get that to stay in place? I cant weld. I've got some adhesives and a soldering iron but I know that's not a good solution.

Maybe show some photos?

#8542 1 year ago

Check the three fuses in the playfield controller box?

#8617 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I connected all of them on mine when I got the new targets. One lights up when it shouldn't, the rest do nothing. No issues.

They shouldn’t be connected according to PB. That’s why they weren’t on delivery.

#8619 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Where did you see that?
The one I helped unbox came with zero documentation of any kind.

It has been repeated here. People sent mail to PB support and they answered that the five weapon target leds are not connected on purpose.
And *all* games so far came with them not connected.

2 weeks later
#8958 1 year ago

The magnet should only power on when the stand up target has been hit.
The inductive switch is just a helper.
If it isn’t catched when rolling out of the bumpers it’s by design.

1 week later
#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I can’t see where a strip would go into the backboard. They sent some images of two connectors to check, which were still plugged in. Can you share the images you sent them? Maybe they will help me understand what’s happening in my game.
Thanks

The strip is above the backboard, shining down on it. Not at or on or in it. It’s glued to the cabinet.

#9259 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

What's the trick to pull it out and lock it upright?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First, pull out as far as possible.
When you push it up, you have to grab as low as you can. I usually hold at the middle of the rail/ski. Then hold tight and keep pulling while you bring it upright, so it doesn’t slide back down. Before you let go make sure it sits as far at the front as possible.
It’s easy once you found out how it works.

#9263 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

Nope, the playfield will not stay at the top of the incline, it immediately slides back down no matter what angle it is at.

Can you provide a video where you pull it out, then up and it slides down? With the tab end in focus?

#9355 1 year ago
Quoted from s000m:

Anyone have an issue where on the right ramp as it makes the 'u' bend it flies over the wire form?
I reported it to Pinball Brothers but they could never repeat the issue.
Video demonstration

Got a photo head on the upper part of the U? Is the U bent up?
Did you change flipper strength?

#9386 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

Ok now I'm really confused, support has stated the rails need to come over the tabs and sit on top, but you have it resting against the stopper and the tabs are holding it in place it seems. So which is it?

Please show us what they wrote to you.

#9406 1 year ago

No, it’s less.

#9453 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

Ok I've taken a video of the issue with my playfield rail. I don't know why I can't get this thing to lock in, but I'm worried I'm going to break the damn back board trying to get it to lock.
If anyone can explain what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it. I feel like a dummy, but I've hurt my back trying to get it to go over the stoppers, or even rest on the stoppers

At the beginning of the video the rail is almost where it should be. Then you say it doesn’t go any further.

Why doesn’t it?

It should never sit there anyway.
You first pull it out completely and set it on the front of the cabinet. Then you grab it near the cabinet (not at the end as before) and lift it up whie still pulling, so it wont slide back while you tilt it it upright. Then it should just be vertical, sitting at the front end of the rail.

2 weeks later
#9811 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yes, a little but I'm tired of the attacks when literally no one with a PB Alien is playing the intended design.
If everyone can calm down though I too have found studying the original design fascinating as I haven't played or seen one if 5 years.
The design is so different and the PB changes are what created the chest buster issues as I had forgotten and I assume the drop target counted for it originally and that can not be missed.
[quoted image]

That design was never built. It might have been a prototype. I guess it never worked good.
That means even the HW owners never played that design (I owned a HW before the PB).
All HW pins look like the PB ones without the magnet in that lane.

#9895 1 year ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

Reading through some of the more recent pages in this thread, I saw several people note there's a common power supply issue.

There is talk about adding too much stuff to the usb ports, draining too much power from the game. Not a „common power supply issue“. If you don’t add mods to the existing power supply you should be fine with the one in the game. You have a different problem.

1 week later
#10115 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

It is not on backwards. The ball will go through gate and then hit sling rubber and bounce back out of gate.

How is the white block under the plastic mounted? We have seen that upside down on someones game here.

2 weeks later
#10349 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Thinking of getting on the next production run. Can anyone confirm the width of the backbox? The website says it's just under 28" (similar to Stern)
If it's anything more than that I can't get it thru my doorway with the head still attached

700mm
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Unpacking_instruction_01_Dim.pdf

#10495 1 year ago

The change log doesn’t state anything about the weapon targets. It doesn’t say „connect them now‘.
I‘d say they are pretty aware that target 5 doesn’t work. That’s why it’s not in the change log.

#10506 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

What is the best way to remove the heat shrink > so I can inspect for a cold solder joint ?[quoted image]

That’s a switch. You need to look at the coil. Below the flipper. Not the button.

#10537 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I have connected mine. As stated by brado426 , target 5 lights has not been coded by design.

How did you make the missing cable?

#10542 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

The newest/ 3rd generation targets have the necessary wires attached. This can be found on the free play website, which is what pinball Brothers uses to sell replacement parts for this game. Link is below. This should help.
https://www.free-play.se/en/game-specific-parts/pinball-brothers/alien/stand-up-target-rectangle-weapons-alien-pinball-brothers.html

Look at henning’s picture again. This is a different cable. Nothing to do with the ones on the targets. It seems to connect both pcbs.

#10545 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just checked the boards needed for the stand-up target LEDs and noticed something interesting. There is an interface connector between board 3 and 4 specifically for the target 5 LED.

Yes, henning already found that some posts back today. See photo in his post.

#10560 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeD101:

Thanks for the quick reply. That was the first thing I did and they test perfectly, all three of them, but in game they are all completely dead, hence my confusion. No loose connections either. They work fine everywhere but in game. It's really got me stumped.

Did you test the bumpers switches with a loose ball? Or with your fingers? It might just be that the switches are not sensitive enough. Then you need to bend them a bit carefully so the contact comes earlier.

2 weeks later
#10756 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

I went through the single lamp test. 1 and 2 light 3, 4 and 5 don't. All the cables look to be in the right spots. Guess I will open a ticket. gumnut01 Is yours a SV or LV?

The bottom pic looks wrong. The Xeno targets belong together. One of yours seems in the wrong connector. Instead you have a weapon target there.
Did you test the Xeno targets? Do they work as expected?

1 week later
#10996 1 year ago

These targets were never meant to be plugged in. PB never said they should be. Stop telling people that they should be.
As long as there is no official information coming directly from PB on how to make them all work you should just leave them unplugged.

1 month later
#11604 1 year ago

What version is the firmware reporting on your games?

#11616 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

correct.. they did not update the final comms on webpage. 75 is correct.

Sorry. 0.75 is wrong. 0.71 is correct.
Does everyone who has 0.75 a working Xeno? Catching and eating the ball?

#11644 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

LV owner and updated today. Xeno magnet dropping the ball or not even attempting to grab the ball.

What firmware version does your game report? Trying to find out why some report 0.75 whereas the file is called 0.71. People with 0.75 seem to have problems with magnet.

Edit: of course the game should be 3.1.

#11649 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Mine is correct and reports the .71

And when Ambush starts it catches the ball but immediately releases it?
You’re not talking about the “flings” it does sonetimes, before Ambush starts?

#11662 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

So wait, what’s the latest code and firmware for the SV? I’m on 3.0 and .56

3.1 and 0.71.

#11718 1 year ago

I have 3.1 and 0.71. Works perfect. Tongue isn’t as loud, shaker stops earlier at startup, staged flippers work.
Did a factory reset before playing.

Wondering if the people with problems mainly are 0.75 or not.

#11819 1 year ago
Quoted from henning:

Sorry, and absolutely no offense, but I call this BS. Many SVs got shipped with the target lights connected

Sorry, and absolutely no offense, but I call this BS.

I only saw photos of not connected cables in this thread. Even on the LVs. And lots of people saying that there were lose cables in their game when they opened it. Mine has them not connected. And I still haven’t found any advice from PB on how and where to connect them.
Also as I remember from the discussions around it there are SVs without the connectors at all.

#11995 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

This is just from the ball skirting by where the switch is not seeing it under the playfield. I fixed this by using a little bigger rubber on the post to force the ball to go over the switch if it goes on that side. Small tweaks, but no big deal.

Are you looking at the correct place for the switch? It’s between the lower posts, not where the i serts are. Many people get that wrong and think the inserts are where the ball needs to pass.

#12005 1 year ago
Quoted from Derekk:

I updated to the new 3.1 and 7.1 code lats week. I have had 2 issues with the xeonpmorph tongue will not retract on ambush mode and at a different time. Only thing I could do is turn the game off and restart to fix issue. Im not going to down grade back to previous codes or firmware just waiting for another code update to fix the issue.

Did you do a firmware reset?

#12010 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

How do you reset the firmware? Going to update mine today.

I think it’s in the Actions menu. And you need to do it when going to 0.71 and 3.1 according to PB.

#12165 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Did you have to raise your autolaunch coil power?

Check if the plunger came loose. Then it wont shoot reliably.

1 week later
#12439 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I started messing around with the Xeno, but (don't laugh) I couldn't get the top head piece off to see the gearing mechanism.

Two screws, left and right of head. Then lift top of head up.
You should then see the gear and the rod. Sometimes the rod touches a side and that makes it harder for the motor. Check for that.

2 weeks later
#12728 1 year ago

I have read that people painted the little fins on the transparent drop targets black to make them work.
So you are not the first one to experience this.

1 week later
#12906 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

However, the game won't start anymore and the start button light does not come on. Weird thing is, both the switch and the light work while in test mode. Any ideas? Tried restarting twice.

Insert Coin?

2 weeks later
#13130 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

LV is in the house. what a stunning game. First time i've seen one.
[quoted image]

Your LV is in SV mode. Wrong translite video.

#13161 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Andrea is normally the female name and Andre the male...

„Normally“ not in Italy.

1 week later
#13332 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Is anybody getting ball jumps out of the chestburster lane?

Nope. Reduce flipper power?

3 weeks later
#13587 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have had a LOT of balls drain off the flippers - the ball returns to say the left flipper, and it will roll itself over the bat then just drain hard. Hopefully there is a fix for that

If it comes out of Muthur it should roll over the flipper into left inlane. If it doesn’t do that adjust left flipper until it does.

1 month later
#13873 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is there an issue still with some USB sticks ? I just purchased this one because the one I usually use is nowhere to be found .
[quoted image]

How is it formatted, what file system? FAT, FAT32, ExFAT?

1 week later
#13966 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Does the target I pointed out in my pic deflects the ball or is it not supposed to touch the ball as it comes out.

Left orbit should go to right flipper, right orbit to left.
Just push the target away from the orbit. Maybe you have to dis- and reassemble it.

1 month later
#14131 10 months ago

Sounds more like a power issue. Do you have any mods connected to the game‘s internal power?

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#14344 9 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have the LV and my Beacons are not 12v but 8v. So I do not know what you measured? There is just power on these, not data signal. So just on/off. So there is only 8V on it when the beacons are on.

If you have 8V somewhere it’s broken. Only 5V, 12V and 48V are used, afaik.

2 weeks later
#14424 8 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Yup. Pretty easy to move through them all. Beating them all.. that is a different story. So there is still a challenge to the game when I play it.

Starting them is easy but not the goal. Completing them is where the real points are

#14444 8 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I often wonder if the motor drive speed was way to high and it was slipping on the tongue shaft gear and we were hearing the litteral grind of that occurance...slower seems smoother...

It‘s much faster *and* quieter with the new firmware.

2 weeks later
#14526 8 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So I had a new one pop up tonight. Here is the error im getting:
[quoted image]
The tongue calibrates fine during startup, and it will extend one or two times during a game. Then it looks like it is not going all the way back to the home position, and sticking out into the mouth area.
Is it time for a new stepper motor?

Did you try to fasten the cog wheel on the rod? Maybe it’s a bit loose. You can tell if you hear the motor trying to pull the tongue back in but it just stays out. It simply slips.
Take off the head‘s top to do that. Maybe that’s all.

1 month later
#14860 6 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I thought this was the issue that was fixed by 2.8? Is there adjustment for this I should be making now?

The latest software is 3.2 and firmware 0.71.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/80000525388

#14897 6 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I replaced the HDMI cable, with no change.
For a black screen, I just turn the power off for 30 seconds, then turn power back on. Usually takes care of it, but sometimes I have to repeat the procedure.

You could also lift the translite, pull the hdmi (left side under screen) and reseat it. Does always work for me. I think it’s easier on the whole system, instead of the off/on power surge.

#14912 6 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

It's not reseating it that fixes this, this may make you think that this has fixed it but in fact it's that you turned your machine off and on again that sorted it.

Please don’t try to tell me what I did. I do know the difference between switching a machine on/off and just reseating a cable …
If I reseat the hdmi cable I do NOT need to power off. The machine is happily running the whole time. (edit: I even said that I do this INSTEAD of a power cycle)

If you know about the internal workings of hdmi and newer screen ports (USB-C, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt), you know that the removal will trigger a re-setup of all connected screen ports. When you reinsert it the same happens. This time it is recognized and the main screen switches on due to the whole re-setup.
Just try it yourself next time your main screen stays blank.

Quoted from punkin:

Voodoo magic.

Nope. Just plain Linux / hardware default logic behaviour.

#14914 6 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, i meant the theory that rebooting the machine is somehow harsh or damaging.
Do you leave it on all the time to prevent this?

Ah ok.

No I only switch it on when I want to play. But I think that each power on gives a power spike. And I just like to avoid those if not needed. Maybe it’s just a belief. But my Tron can spike so hard that the fuse jumps and I have to click it in again. So I guess it might be a bit unhealthy.
(I have one house fuse for three machines, only Tron hits it so hard.)

3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#16236 5 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

reading the manual on line switch 78/79 should just say left/right flipper button. Manual also shows eos switches for all the flippers which do not exist.

What manual are you reading?

Did you switch to LV or SV? What game do you have?

Edit: fw is 0.71. according to pb website, why do you have 0.72?

2 weeks later
#16673 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

.57. Totally explosion-free.
Having said that, I plan to update the firmware this week to prep the topper and stuff. I’ll report on any explosions.

When you upgrade to 0.7x tell us of the tongue’s loudness afterwards

#16743 4 months ago
Quoted from Batesy:

The posts seem to fire just slightly before they should be so they don't end up stopping and diverting the ball at all..

So it comes up and immediately falls down again? Then you just need to give it a bit more hold power so it will stay up. It’s in the menu.
I needed to do that with the kickback post on my Queen.

1 week later
#16964 3 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm pretty sure they are metric (M3).

Yes, most screws are M3 or M4 in this game.

3 weeks later
#17237 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

So, these do screw in from the underside. I got one in, but the fitting on the other kept coming out. Even with it out it seems like something within the hole wasn’t installed properly. I think I’ll just leave it with one.
Wonder if this was a new add to the RV model since PB didn’t even know there was a way to secure the backbox beyond the latch.

They are for holding down the playfield while in transit. For nothing else. The backbox just uses the latch.

#17240 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Or are you saying they are so I can use them if I am moving the machine again?

Yes. At least that’s how I understood it. Maybe they changed it? Need to check my backbox (have an earlier LV).

1 month later
#17863 53 days ago

Fumble with the switch at the end of the rod to click later. Rod needs to go a bit further in.

#17949 47 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Yes, I need to definitely do this. I initially opened a ticket when I thought this was the issue, but then the next time I played all the balls registered. This last time, I think one of four or five did. Further testing to be done. Will share my findings here.

You do know that not the insert registers but the circle grapghic below? If it goes over the lit insert but then changes to the other exit it will not count. That’s intended.

2 weeks later
#18191 32 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just did an update and now I think all my coil settings have been reset.
Balls going back into the trough from the shooter lane on eject, slings back to an INSTANT drain, pops seem mostly ok, but I think this is because I adjusted the leaf switches as well.
Is this expected behavior? I didn’t write down any of my settings so I now I need to go back and adjust.

Did you update the firmware or game software only? If firmware you should reset all settings anyway as it works a bit different with the coils afaik.

#18230 31 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

It's a new Ripley machine so I wouldn't expect any damage with the coil but I will definitely give it a good inspection.

The assembly likes to get loose. Check if it still is tight on the wood.

#18303 29 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Art packages on both are good for us.
**Help me understand staged flippers - why do I want them and are they worth the extra $$ to get to LV**

I had both (still LV). The art packages feel like this:
SV - industrial mining spaceship. Raw. Green. Alien.
LV - military attack ship. Bling. Blue. Aliens.
That’s about the difference I felt with them.

You need the staged flippers only if you are a professional imho. I never was able to use the half push to let the uppers down while hitting the lower. I just release fast so they fall back down before the ball reaches the right upper one when backhanding

#18341 28 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick question, I received the complete set of plastic protectors from colywobbles and will have to get longer screws for the plastics for sure. Is the hardware metric? Seems my 9/32 and 7 metric socket fit the nuts.

It’s all 4mm or M4.
Yes, heads can be 7mm.

#18383 26 days ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Was lowering my playfield and heard something drop. Found this in the bottom of the cabinet. Any one know where this might be in the game?

Black controller box at end of playfield?

1 week later
#18630 12 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Just got my NIB Alien RV and noticed a few things that probably need adjustments and a few just weird things in general.
Pic 1 = Xenomorph Target is extremely bent with 0 plays. I've tired bending it back a little, but odd to come like this from the line. Do they send you replacements for things like this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seems the screws holding it straight up are loose. Try making it straight and fasten screws. If they don’t have nuts add some. I think size is M3.

#18654 9 days ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I believe you have to use a special ethernet cable called a 'patch' cable. I don't think a regular one would work.

They are just shorter ethernet cables.
Called patch because you usually use them on patch fields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamoraldus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=lamoraldus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.