b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12054 1 year ago

Really getting close to trading or buying into an Alien SE or LV..My main preference is the LV, as it just looks SO much nicer with the 'better' artwork...Asking if those who bought an SE wished they had gotten an LV? Or any LV owners don't really think the art package, shaker motor, beacons (come on, lit art blades?!) are worth the extra coin? I'm not a big ALIEN fan, but I'm a huge ALIENS fan I want to make the right choice the first goaround!

#12059 1 year ago

Thanks you guys for making this an even tougher decision! (I do like the ideer of having better beacons/apron)

#12069 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

For those who haven't seen the apron mod, I just finished the install today on my SV. It's awesome

Awesomeness. Did that come with the beacons you have on there as well? And assuming it was like $750 for both?

#12072 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine came with flashing lights too, this is where i have permanently mounted them.
[quoted image]

That probably is a badass place for them!? The lights spewing out from the cracks of the coin door, and sides of pf?? If so, that’s a great idea! Any vids on this?

#12076 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Would probs do that if i plugged them in.
Spent enough time round flashing lights for this lifetime.

Sorry to hear that man..thanks for your service, if you were in it.

#12089 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thank you so much! That was exactly it a broken spring. Bent a new hook and back in business. That is twice in less than a week that you guys got me up and running again which I would not have figured out without your help. I’ve belonged to several forums in my life but never one that is as generally helpful and friendly as this site! I love Pinside! You guys keep me humming. Thank you all so much!!! I love this game and with your help I’ll keep it running.

Cool! Just don’t wander onto the CCr or Scooby thread. Or my Goonies window ad lol. Ignorance is bliss!

#12111 1 year ago

I think the discusstion on LV/SV is all subjective when you think about it (and this is me on the fence between the two; not an owner yet). If I had 'my way', I'd buy the LV because of the cabinet art and the lit blades alone..but that's it. And the more I think about it, there isn't much difference FOR ME to justify the extra 2K..BUT, if I had an extra 2K laying around, I would not hesitate to buy the LV. Just played an SV for the first time, and I wasn't debating with myself on which version I would want..They are probably both just as immersive. We aren't knocking the guy who bought the base model of a Lexus, or the guy that went for the LSX or whatever the fancy package is (LOL do they still make Lexus?) Hell, I have a 13.5K Medeival Madness Remake in my house to a measely Hook..I appreciate them all for what they are. I DO KNOW that whatever version I get will get the apron and beacons, and all the other nicknacks I want on it. The only thing I disagree with the guy down in Eugene is that MODS INCREASE VALUE ON YOUR PIN..it has to be the right mods on the right machine..not just random happy meal figures pasted all over the playfield...My LotR (currently on marketplace) has over 2K in essential mods that DO AFFECT GAMEPLAY (most of them, at least). ymmv and I think we all agree, just in different perspectives

#12120 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Wow so much Sv vs Lv stuff here. Even though I sold mine I still check in as it's a great game imo! If going again it would still be a tweaked Sv for me all day. My friends are happy Lv owners too.
I already had my art and hardware changes going before mine arrived as I didn't really like either tbh. But hey I change every pin to my own taste anyway!
Pinballs fun...do what you like yourself!

KJS that's really badass..I saw this video of yours yesterday...mostly because of your custom backglass...And very curious if you still make these??? Between that and your custom art, it's one helleva classact pin you got there And I hope I didn't start this SV/LV debate..I'm new to this thread and didn't want to spark any SV/LV flames..they both offer a lot of bang/buck, no matter how you slice it. This isn't the TS4 syndrome..

#12156 1 year ago

Sorry but I have to say I really ignited this thread again ..not blowing my skirt up. Maybe sorta. Cool fukin pin deserves attention

#12182 1 year ago

WELL, I'm officially part of the club..bought the LV that was listed here on pinside..Sold my LotR yesterday and then bought Alien LV! "I feel safer already". You secure that shit, Hudson

#12222 1 year ago

hey guys, just bought an LV, and it has yet to be shipped..quick question on the playfield..is dimpling a common thing with the PF? I zoomed in on the machine I bought, and it looks pretty dimpled in the pic included..at least it's there on the left side, where the upper left flipper is...maybe the light makes it worse, and I know every Stern does this (and I wonder why this happens anyways? not top-notch wood? Becuase it's not screen-printed like CGC games? OK, 3 questions there..BTW this machine has very low plays and is serial #61. Built in April '22.

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 11.14.58 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-31 at 11.14.58 AM (resized).png

#12225 1 year ago

Ok good to know thanks boyz! ‘It is what it is’. Still a gorgeous machine!

#12230 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just in case you weren’t aware the LV games did not roll out of the factory in sequential LV # order. For example Australia received a container load in March and our’s were numbered around the 250’s

I am begging the question. T h e Q u e s t i o n. Who has LV-426?

#12292 1 year ago

Play with the glass off ever so often so you don’t get so defeated, hence selling a pin. Think of it like training wheels. I don’t normally do that but on a blue moon.

#12403 1 year ago

That looks like the real deal! LV-426 hopefully it's not a copycat!! There would need to have some significant paperwork/proof to keep that legit. I'm not baulking at the price, it's the legitimacy at stake here..

#12405 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

It looks legit, they have the COA and it looks like it has a "Special" tag right in the middle of the apron another LV-426 plate. I haven't seen other LV's have a plate there. But I could be wrong
[quoted image]

Well then, a true collector should buy that yesterday! Hell, I would if I could. But getting #61 in about 3 weeks so that dream is a ways off.

#12407 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I just bought the last Alien apron available. Thanks to Red Devils and also to Baggerman for his help and advice. Can’t wait to get that on my machine! For those LV owners that have it and bought the beacon kit, what did you do did you remove the OEM beacons and replace it with these or did you keep these and have four beacons?

We both got lucky! I bought from Red_Devils this morning. There were 3 left before I bought. Cheers!

#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

I had no Xeno issues prior to the latest update, but since then I've experienced the same thing you're seeing, where the Xeno grabs the ball and can't get it back into the mouth. On one occasion, right as it was attempting to retract, it grabbed a second ball and got stuck completely extended.
Gonna calibrate tomorrow and see if that resolves it.[quoted image]

I hate to say it, but he bit off more than he can chew ...seriously though, good luck with this, and the others..when I get mine, I'll be astute to the updates and how they are affecting gameplay.

#12503 1 year ago

Sorry, I have to type this..chuckle chuckle..it's about the LV stock translite art...Which is badass.. b u t ...shit I can't say it..because once you see it, you can't UNSEE IT. lol.

#12553 1 year ago

just 3d Printed my first ever objects today..got a Halot-One resin printer, and just made a few eggs that will be placed on my incoming machine (2 weeks)...I was surprised how nice they turned out..not trying to make a sales pitch here..just saying that now I can make my own stuff, and the scale is smaller, which I prefer..I will paint the bottoms and let the glow of the top part of the egg shine.. As Aladdin said, 'A whole new world..' ..I have a billion things to 3D print now muhaahaahaaa

IMG_9910 (resized).jpegIMG_9910 (resized).jpeg
#12556 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Sorry for the shameless plug here but....
Today is the last day to vote in the Twipys, if you haven't done so already please take the time and vote for the Alien Apron for best mod, we would really appreciate it!

did you ship mine out yet??? 'Then I'll vote'

#12557 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Made the same ones awhile ago on my Elegoo Mars
[quoted image]

that's gloriously badass man!!! love it, really tight.

#12558 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Made the same ones awhile ago on my Elegoo Mars
[quoted image]

did you 3D print the Space Jockey as well?? If so, I want that file.

#12563 1 year ago

YA DAMN RIGHT!!!

#12564 1 year ago

that's awesome! That guy did an amazing job..what percentage did you scale it down to?
I'll print that after I print this! (1:30 left in the oven)...I'm making the Sulaco around 5" overall length..it will be VERY detailed probably hover it in the one of the corners, or somewhere else..

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 9.25.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-16 at 9.25.52 AM (resized).png

IMG_9916-2 (resized).jpegIMG_9916-2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12657 1 year ago
Quoted from Vlad_nada:

Hi All, would anyone be interested in printing/shipping me the ramp diverter for a trade? I dont have a 3d printer.
PeterG
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5636141
a.Nostromo plate from etsy was 30$. I just go the apron mod and they put the plate on that so I dont need it.
b.Launch ramp w/ 2 broken points. Ive had 4 break on me so I have plenty. You could fix and have as a backup. Ive fixed one w/ jb weld as I read here it works but havent tried it yet.
c.Extra toys from ebay lot and an 90 degree mini usb cable and female/female usb adapters you may need for apron mod.
Send me a message, thanks[quoted image]

I saw this as well, but in the comments, it seems the holes don't line up? IDK, I don't have my LV yet, but I do have a printer, and already printing some toys for it..I am wondering what you would sell those test tubes w/ huggers for? (those are cool).

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.56.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.56.21 AM (resized).png
#12663 1 year ago

I'm getting my LV #61 tomorrooooowww!!! Already armed with mods (except the apron mod package..not sure what the holdup is on that). I can't wait! (well, I can..days are short in the PNW lol) I have the 3D backglass with two alien version inserts, sentry gun toys, 3D printed this/that's and waiting for the UK to clear up the russian postal hack, so I can order the plastics..and my video tracker is currently being held up because of that. anyways, stoked about my LV!

#12677 1 year ago

just getting my LV setup this morning, and can't get the damned backglass out..every little turn, with the cam out, doesn't allow it to slide up..and hot tips before I go mad? lol..

#12678 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

YOU SECURE THAT SHIT HUDSON!!!

secure what???

#12683 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I was experiencing the same thing. I had to watch a video to confirm I was doing it right. You just have to jiggle, shake, and lift. Especially the first time if there is any of the protection film still left at the bottom making it tighter.

Yep that was the issue. Got it out. It released when i went to the other hole to lift. There’s a lot of plexi to move! Got it going! Running 2.6 and .57. Xeno grabs balls nicely. Got it pitched up a tad and flow is perfect. No issues so far. If it ain’t broke...lovin it, after I rest me bones. My LotR went out today as well. Basically traded a nice LotR fully modded for this. So far no regrets. ‘Mostly’. Nah i love this.

E4D4A1A6-0251-4F47-98E2-915FCA57130F (resized).pngE4D4A1A6-0251-4F47-98E2-915FCA57130F (resized).png
#12684 1 year ago

Btw I think the plastic is still on the art blades. I rearing up my mod arsenal! Just finished a 3D print of the pf monitor air lock door bezel. And stay tuned for something no one has done yet. Muhahahahaaaa

#12688 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Hahaha thanks for pointing it out. Just went and looked at mine and yep I still had the protective plastic on mine.

yep, I learned that from the Alien Vets, here on this thread a about 17 days ago major difference! and more light.

#12689 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Is it some wrap around on the head/back of the xenomorph to make it look like a queen? I thought that would be cool for the LV's.

that would be an awesome 3D print build; to have a Queen Cap' over the standard worker bee..that would be really dope actually! ( I was referring to the plastic wrap removal on the art blades..I'm sure a lot of owners still have that on)

#12737 1 year ago

one more mod (almost) complete..just have to sand a few edges..but I really like the airlock with no decals..really makes the screen pop..if anything, I'll put that Purina dogfood' decal on it, but not much if anything else.

IMG_9985.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_9985.JPG (resized).jpeg
#12744 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To each their own, but...no that looks so unfinished lol. Maybe age it a bit if nothing else.

well, that's certainly the truth..but it actually looks and plays a lot better, in person..kinda have to be there on that. I will ultimately put a few quality decals on it, but not overload it like the stock version

#12746 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

The screen bezel makes it play better?
RightThenPunkin

yeah, it makes the flow around the orbits and hypersleep MUCH faster, smoother, flippers are stronger, and the balls get along better with less clutter. Priceless.

#12748 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hit it with some black wash to toughen it up a bit...[quoted image]

you see, that's the kind of mod I'm trying to avoid..I'd rather have my pure white one, than that one..YMMV..it looks ok, but the decals are kinda lack-luster.. and the white is legit with the airlock in the first ALIEN..not hating, just speakin' me truth.

#12780 1 year ago

Why have 2 beacons when can have 4! Ha! Getting my set in a few weeks. Might be cool to velcro the original beacons under the cab, facing the floor. Hmmm. Here’s my Purina decal I made for my bezel. I will reprint the bezel, as I lost the bottom left hoses. But i like the original look. Might add a few other touches but that’s it. Maybe a white printed top for it as well.

708F9E74-4C50-486D-8FA7-3F082E675B4F (resized).jpeg708F9E74-4C50-486D-8FA7-3F082E675B4F (resized).jpeg
#12782 1 year ago

Can someone actually confirm that the pf Monitor is replicating the Alien door or the AlienS outer door on the Sulaco?? If it’s the Sulaco ship i will change gears on my approach

#12784 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Anyone ever get one caught here?
[quoted image]

If only this machine could hatch pinballs, we’d be gazillionaires. That’s funny. Glad it didn’t break the egg!

#12786 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Aliens movie.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok. Game on! Funny that the 3D print file led it to be Alien..it’s a semi-replica from the first film. Now someone needs to 3D design THAT door. (Until I learn CAD, lol). I might search for a $$ .STL file if one exists. Thanks for the clarification!

#12788 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

With red mini beacons that light up during loader battle would be awesome.

F u c k Y e A H

#12791 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You do realize you switching from SV to LV is essentially the same thing right? Oh..not to mention that whole pinball is a toy thing. Let people have their fun.

I think he was just messin' around..if not, I'm not losing sleep..Just played an hour on Alien, MM, and Mando..it's crazy how easy Mando is, after owning and playing Alien..makes me appreciate my diversity of pins even more. (I have a lot more than 3).

#12797 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

It's crazy that Alien for me is much easier than Mando. That upper playfield and all shots are half way on the field, it is killing my progress. For some reason I can find all shots on Alien and get decent scores each time. I rater play Alien than Mando right now.

well, I think it probably depends on which version of Mandalorian it is..I have a pro, just for reference..the fixed mando playfield and the lack of the extra ramp might make it easier I would think...I do know that when playing Alien, it makes you 'work' for flow (which is not a bad thing). Then I get over to Mando, and the flow is already there, but the shots are a tad more awkward..which makes these two a nice blend, imo. (I still need to check the pitch of Alien, although I think it's close to 6.5 to 7 degrees).

#12808 1 year ago

What is the easy fix on the rapid-fireing left slingshot where the facehugger is? It’s getting worse and annoying. Probably just stretch out that rubber? Or space out the leaves?

#12821 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That feature could easily be added to the apron firmware. Currently, the strobe (flasher) runs all throughout the multiball mode. But we could add an option to the software that would cause it only to strobe when Xeno is doing its thing. This feature would require the AUX Board 10 (Xeno) add-on though. If this feature is desired by at couple people other than myself, I'd do it. Personally, I think it might be pretty cool to only see the strobing while Xeno is eating the ball.

Even though mine hasn't arrived yet, I'd be all over that little 'scene' as well..although we'd all have to agree on what color the strobing does on the xeno..personally, I'd like nothing but pure dark blue for that brief moment. then everything else can go wild red etc afterwards.

#12839 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, are you able to set pulses like what I mentioned above? My thought was more like the movie, during the tongue grab, it's more like an actual strobe light. Then when the balls eject it goes into the normal faster strobe.
I'm of the mind the fast strobing during that multiball just puts it over the top.

I agree, but I’m a bit confused about what is strobing. Thr backbox or the apron? I don’t need fancy strobes on the backbox when the zeno grabs the ball. I want fancy stribing on the apron, shining up at that moment with no backbox or beacon interaction

#12841 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ignore the backbox stuff he has going on, that's something else.

AFFirmative !

#12853 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Impressive light show, but not at all what I’m looking for.
I’m looking for something like this, but preferably continue the strobing until the ball is eaten.

that's cool, and yeah, your idea of it strobing until the xeno closes its' mouth is a good one.

#12867 1 year ago

anyone try and make a ticket for the missing target cable, if you were not the original owner? Is it possible to make any tickets with PB as a second-hand owner?

#12877 1 year ago

OK...Start your grinnin' and drop your linnen...This was the epic mod I was referring to, and thought I'd let the door open Got this version 1.0 done today..now just need to find 5v to power these inside the game (any input on that would be great!)...powered by an ardrino nano. and micro servos.

#12879 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My concern with those is they are prime air ball breakers.

they are actually pretty tough, and currently on velcro (I ran out of progressive strips)..so I wouldn't lose sleep if they DID break, but kinda doubtful..and I bought 4 servos for $10 so at least good there. it was gruling to take these apart..so I think they'll be good.

#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My concern with those is they are prime for air ball breakage. Cool though. Any way to fit them closer to the apron facing the back or are they too tall?

too tall..and they are even shortened by about 1" from their stockness...I actually really like them where they are.

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is that the one on the far right? I thought I had plugged everything in that was loose but just noticed that one doesn't light up. Curious if that's the reason or not before I open her back up.

It’s a cable that Pinball Bros missed at the factory

#12890 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I attached a dc buck converter to the 12 power supply in the cabinet. I use it to power my 5V mods. I prefer not to pull any power from any of the boards if possible.

that's a great idea, as I have used those for different things in the past. I'll go order a few more thanks! In fact, one could apply multiples at various needed voltages (between 0v-12v) for any given mod. SO, my final question on that..is that 12v aux power switched? (does it turn off when game is turned off?). and another final question, lol..where is that 12v power supply located? many thanks in advance!

#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Those are sweet. How can I get those once they're finished?

I didn't plan on mass-producing any mods, until I'm older, lol. I'm too busy buying and selling and modding my own pins...BUT, I could possibly make a few sets, or better yet, give you a tutorial on what to buy, and how to mod/make this setup. First step is to buy the NECA ALIENS ACCESSORY PACK ebay.com link: itm got to have these in order for this mod to happen..although you could go the 3D print route as well..these just look really nice. pm me if you want more details.

#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

Hah, that's brilliant! Now all you need is a teeny tiny screen to install in the GRiD laptops that come with that kit. :]

that would be 'too' cool! yeah, thankfully I didn't get into model trains I'd be working on that RIGHT NOW.. That would be friken cool though!

#12902 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I looked into these the other night, but ended up going with this instead. They are a bit smaller. Going to see if they will fit up by the flippers. I would be interested in the footwork you've already done if you don't mind sharing. I may need a smaller servo, but we'll see. I want to try to add LED's to the ends, and tie them into the Ambush mode to match which side of the aprons are lighting.
ebay.com link: itm
This will be some good practice for my new endeavor into the world of animatronics.

Actually saw these as well, and didn't realize they were smaller than the accessory pack ones..although they are less detailed, that is probably a better route to go, for playfield placement. I'll come up with a picture story-telling how-to..you will definitely want to buy micro servos...these are the ones I bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y55C21K parts list for sentry guns are very little..1 micro servo, 1 small diameter 1" - 1 1/2" fine screw (this is the axel for the turret, directly screwed into the servo), 1 or 2 wide washers (same or smaller diameter of the turret). Hot Glue/Gun. electronics would be an Arduino (in my case I used the Arduino Nano), servo wire extentions (you will need 6..3 for each servo), and a power distribution 'thingy' that accepts a standard 12v male walwart..extra wire small gauge wire for power and ground for each servo and the arduino. Just copy/paste this, but this is the main list you will need. Also add 1 buck converter to the list (the kind pinsider who recommended this a few posts back)..that will give you the 5v power from the aux 12v in the game. hope this helps for now! any further stuff can be discussed via pm. cheers!

#12905 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Bro those hasbros!

#12918 1 year ago

I really like your other metal work, but honestly not a fan on this one. It divides the playfield too much and it loses the ‘space feel’. Just my honest critique! It would have to be half as big for it to cosmetically work (for me).

#12948 1 year ago

found my first major problem with my newly aquired ALIEN LV...I waxed it, and now it's so fast that I got 'demoralized'.. scores went from 50mill to about 10 mill instantly..Should I write a ticket? .....

69768956604__DB306921-0406-4A8A-A571-D2078DF7D2EC (resized).jpeg69768956604__DB306921-0406-4A8A-A571-D2078DF7D2EC (resized).jpeg

#12956 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Not sure if anyone else has ball jumping over the right wireform 180 ramp. A hard shot on my machine sends the ball over the rail onto playfield.
Making this wireform just for my tail whip mechanism, but if there was interest in this wireform by itself I would do them. The ball can’t go anywhere but down the wireform. Its 3 hours labor and with materials would be under $200 shipped. I will post a play video when I can.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

now THAT is NICE! ...btw, where did you get that plastic ball diverter (or decal?) that extends over that scoop? looks slick

#12973 1 year ago
Quoted from Nato01:

LV 274 in the shed!! Very brutal game but loving it .
The only issue I’ve had is the springs on the flippers Keep breaking!!! Has anyone else had this? thinking I may need to sand the housing to make it less sharp possibly? Thoughts?
[quoted image]

this seems to be a common issue, at least with the LV..my theory is that when you boot up the machine (and during gameplay), that wild shaker motor helps 'saw' the spring against the sharp metal brackets even further...I've lost the 2 right flippers in owning my LV for a month now. I did get replacements..but the uppper flipper I reused the spring and put painters' tape where it is being held. not as pretty as shaving the sharpness off the bracket I imagine..ymmv. I personally wouldn't stretch the spings..you want to have that tight rebound in the flippers, at least I do.

#12979 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

My LV got picked up in Melbourne day before yesterday. Looking forward to comparing it with the SV and deciding which one to keep in the next few days.
Thanks for sparking my excitement again!
I swapped this fully restored Taxi and a nice Spy Hunter for it. This is them after they arrived at ol mates places.
[quoted image]

Dude. You scored that LV for those??? you def. got the better deal!!!

#13034 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't believe the shaker is coded for SV. I really don't think it is even necessary though.

I wouldn't want to play without the shaker! it's waaayy too integrated to leave out.

#13035 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Just added the stasis mod last night. Looks pretty awesome with that little face hugger in there
[quoted image]

that IS cool...I like where mine is, and it gives me space for my animatronic sentry guns This is not his mod, it's from some Neca toy or something else..but blocks some light bleed at the front of the right artblade, and, well anyways either way is cool to me!

Image-1 (resized).jpegImage-1 (resized).jpeg
#13048 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I just upgraded to 3.2. Did I see somewhere that you have to do something special for target light number five?

setup a ticket with pinball bros..give them your address and explain the 'missing target 5 wire'..you'll recieve one before you know it..and search this thread for that, and the pictures will show you exactly where to place it.

#13103 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My target 5 has a short harness hooked up already on board 5 but these are empty .So we need this wire harness ?
[quoted image]

another YES

#13104 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I 3D printed some stuff over the weekend. Will paint and see how they look. Free to download on thingiverse. [quoted image]

I think I'm going to reprint my bezel..and it looks like you ran into the same problem, at the lower left corner 'missing details'..when you are in your slicer, make the bezel a couple mm's thicker; I bet the lower left will print at that point. I will be trying this when I get a new printer (buying a larger one!)

#13182 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes mate, seems fine now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13183 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Here is my sentry mod. Neca toys and interactive flashing led strips. If you guys like it I shot a bench test video explaining how I did it using the playfield sentry LEDs as the trigger.

that's really cool..I'm not sure if I like your idea or mine better..because they are both good! I wanted to add an update to my sentry guns..one gun is overthrowing on the servo, and when it does the 3 rotation, it shakes like it's firing..happy accident! And these little micro servos are pretty tough, so I doubt it will be an issue..(i've left these on all night once..haven't wired them permantely yet with the buck converter).

#13184 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m afraid to say this out loud, but Alien has been the most trouble-free NIB experience I’ve ever had. Zero issues out of the box. 60 games in and the only snag was a weird boot screen. Power recycle fixed it right away. I’m super happy with it so far.

Congrats on your nice LV! I'm sure there's more than just a few stories like that, and mine is similar. Second owner of LV #61 and outside of just one adjustment on the hypersleep ramp (had to loosen the plastic to relieve the ball around the horshoe), and two springs for the right flippers..flawless otherwise..plays like a wet dream.

#13185 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ok, seems such a tiny thing to be complaining about is all.
Things get people i spose, i remember someone making a board for JJP games just so the speakers didn't pop on startup. Another tiny little thing that surpised the shit out of me that someone could complain about.

My LV shakes my entire 2 story house, and it ennoys me as well..If it were a small shake, I wouldn't GAF..but if people are sleeping and you want to play an early morning game, 'we've got problems'. Seems like its a 'normal' thing to bitch about..I think you took it too far dude.

#13187 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Just update to the latest code/firmware and it won't do this any more. The xeno mech is also a lot smoother.

never try to fix a running game! Outside of the shaker biz, the machine is 100%..so that would be a hard pill to swallow atm..*but thanks for the tip anyways* I actually like the noisy xeno mech; reminds me of the queen hissing..probably the coolest first impression when I first saw Aliens, in the theater, back in '86 (I was only 12 when I saw it

#13202 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I fully understand this - I stayed on 2.6 for aaaaaaages because my game was running perfectly ok and I was a little nervous to change anything. Eventually took the plunge, updated to 3.2 and the new FW - and bingo my 2 annoyances with startup have gone, and if anything the game seems to run a little better now (not quite sure how exactly)? One thing is for certain, my xeno certainly appears to successfully grab the ball more often!
Seriously, with the issues I had initially with this game ie, cables coming loose etc, that massive shaker blast on startup couldn't have been doing the machine any good.

I was actually defending the guy that got tromped on when he asked about the shaker motor..I will probably do the update, but knowing that my machine runs 100% is, like I said, a hard thing to let go of..AND for the other's records, it does shake my 100 year old, 2 story craftman home. ymmv with some of these people

#13203 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I don't think you're entitled to bitch about the shaker motor if there's a software update to fix it, but you don't want to install it. You are entitled to install the software update and bitch about other things though. hahahaha

I was defending someone who got tromped on by Punkin about the shaker. People seem to throw context out the window these daze..and you used that fake propaganda to further insult me on the Ailen Apron thread. just waiting for that moment to block you, and a few select others..completely toxic

#13254 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You could remove the base...and I considered it, but you would still need it to be able to move and would have to come up with a new type of base and servos take up space and you would have to have most of the servo outside the gun piece, so you wouldn't really gain any space.
The way I think he did it and I did it was we inverted the servos up inside, and use the base as the pivot on the servo. You could potentially do this without the base and make your own washer type base that fits under neath the plastic, but I don't know how much clearance you have for the ball, so it would have to be pretty small.
Unfortunately even these smaller ones are too big as a whole unit so it looks like I may be putting them around the areas circled in green. [quoted image]

digitaldocc thanks, and yeah, there's not much space down there..and that's actually where I first wanted them..mine are sized down about an inch from the stock figure..I was able to take the tripod off, and used the servo to serve as the new tripod, and the motor to pivot it. I sawed the turret section in half with a metal saw (going slow and steady and straight)..I then countersunk the gun part to accomodate the head of a screw..hot-glued that in..then, drilled a hole in the bottom part of the turret for the screw to go through (and free), then the screw literally just screws into the micro servo (without breaking the gears..I would suggest hot glue there as well, as the torque can swing the guns out of place, over time). I reused the tripod legs and hot glued that with the servo case..the pole is no longer needed, but could be resized and placed to make it look more legit (I don't notice though)...
In between the two turret pieces are 2 washers..the second gun I just used one washer, and it seems to be just fine. This for other folks to follow as well, in case someone wants to build their own..so with your smaller sentry's I'd say with my method, they could 'possibly' fit down there on the slings, or inlanes, whetever they are..

IMG_0133 (resized).jpegIMG_0133 (resized).jpeg
#13258 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Since we are all sharing. Here's how I did it. I dremmeled out a place for the servo and mounted it upside down.[quoted image][quoted image]

there's more than one way to slice a sentry gun! Well done! Does the wire for the servo move much? (since the whole servo is moving)? Can I give you a suggestion on your mod here? (take it or leave it, all good) ...paint or wrap the wire in black, then route it behind the gun and the slack of the wire that needs to move could be strung together where the existing black hose is..just an idea..I love tinkering with this stuff. vids when it's ready!

#13262 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It won't move much once I've got it finalized as I will run it out near the pivot. My plan was to use shrink tube on it so it looks like part of the rest of it, but painting it black might be a simpler, less bulky solution.

you'll need more force to keep these down on the PF, to overpower the force of the servos (since it's inverted)..have you tested that yet? I bet these will move better than my idea (slower and more realistic perhaps)..you just need to really secure the tripod down, if my head math is correct. Would be cool to see a vid of them in action I'm also curious when I run the buck converter to power mine (and the Arduino) if I could dial the voltage down, to slow the servos down, without damaging the arduino..?

#13263 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I connected mine to the game beacons using a 12v - 5v buck converter

where exactly did you tap into the beacons to connect the buck converter? Just in line with the supplied cords of the beacons? Any pics that show where you connected the buck converter? I also have the aftermarket apron, so has anyone used its' harness to tap into power for other mods?

#13265 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, the feet will need mounted securely. Most likely will use some sort of putty, or rubber cement. Or putting them on a thin base, that will be secured down. Something that is not permanent. As these are plastic they are really light, so there's not a ton of force.
You don't need to lower the voltage to get the speed where you want it. That can be adjusted in your script.
The way mine is set up in testing is to sweep back and forth until triggered, and then randomly move to a position between (30,110) every random 1-3 seconds and it looks pretty cool, similar to the movie. I'm just figuring out what the trigger will be and what the trigger will be to go back to sweeping.

I'm a newb at coding these arduinos (and scripting basically anything else)..I'm using a script from someone who set me up with a different pin project. Would you mind sharing your script, or if not, how to write the code to turn down the power/speed of the servos?

#13274 1 year ago

trying to help the cause here..here are those mini beacons on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/LAFEINA-Rotating-Flashing-Firefighting-Ambulance/dp/B07JQXZXHL/ref=sr_1_4 ordering a set today, and will get here Friday...so much faster than across the pond..They are RC car/truck mini beacons..

#13276 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They don't take long to get from over there...and they are WAY more expensive on Amazon. Guess it depends on how big a hurry you are in.

truth!

#13282 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I'd be interested in trying out...do you just tap into the GI?

There’s probably a safer way to do that imo. I’m going another route..using an arduino for my sentry guns, and I’ll be adding the mini beacons on a 3rd channel..but I’ll be using a buck converter to grab the 12v from the power supply and dialing it down to 5v ..I’m still learning all of this the machine guts btw ..I think I can also tap into the main beacons, but will be researching more before doing it. And with the new apron mod, I think there’s a lot of possibilities to Y out to other mods on certain events. But will research first.

#13285 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think what I'm going to end up doing with my mini beacons is putting them by the airlock and trigger them to come on when the airlock is lit. I have been going back and forth on if I wanted them to light up at the same time as the big beacons and overwhelmingly my mind says no, they should do their own thing. But I have seen multiple interesting ways to use them. I like them in the hole in the scaffolding near the flippers as well.

Would be cool to have these only go off on multiballs. Like you said there’s a ton of ways to integrate them. I will most likely wire mine up on top of the mini screen..will certainly add the intensity of the screen show, and the illumination effect on the playfield. If not overly used.

#13302 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just wait until you see what I have brewing....mwahahhahaaha. I blame King-Henry for getting me to finally look into this stuff and his sentry gun idea. But now I have some thoughts beyond those....

BRING IT! Awesome...I think all of us brainstorming and coming up with killer mods is 'the way' ..can't wait to see what's up ur sleeve

#13303 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just wait until you see what I have brewing....mwahahhahaaha. I blame King-Henry for getting me to finally look into this stuff and his sentry gun idea. But now I have some thoughts beyond those....

well, if great minds think alike..OR you are up to something else..this is the next phase I'm going to..back approx 10" IPS LCD Screen back there, with footage of the sentry guns (slow pan from the film), and possibly other elements..I'm just in the 'idea phase' on this, and I think would bring this pin to #1 on the charts..and could be setup to change various clips from Aliens during certain modes..but I kinda like the simplistic backdrop of a few scenes..thoughts?

IMG_0148 (resized).jpegIMG_0148 (resized).jpeg
#13306 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Funny you mentioned that. I was thinking the exact same thing except 2 IPS panels. 1 for each side with enough space for the tounge mech in-between. Also was thinking to use a triggerable video player for clips to change. For instance, imagine the background loop video was of eggs set in a cool background then when you hit the pops the eggs get fried.
I'm about to order a uno and or nano to start tinkering. With the sentry idea for starters. Not ready for the video project yet.
Iron sharpens iron. Mod on fellas.

and while we are throwing fuel on the fire, this was an idea I had for the NECA TOYS Aliens Dropship..these are not cheap..but what if you could put the APC on some fishing line, with a servo behind the dropship, fish it through with a hole so that it lets the APC drop down from inside the ship, onto a plastic (during APC mode)..then the servo winds it back up into the belly of the Dropship..that would be pretty epic, or cheesy..depends how well it was done. It's a beautiful toy, I know that.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 12.45.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 12.45.21 PM (resized).png
#13319 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Ok let’s see a prototype Mr. Genius….I have no idea how to do any of this crap. Damn. This is the king of the owner’s clubs though. Glad to be on this train.

Just think of me of Superman, in Superman II NO CAPES!! (I'm human)

#13324 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Pretty impressive truly. You and Zablon both have made some amazing creations. I love it. Just have no idea how to do it. There has been a ton of creativity in this club and I’m super amazed. If I find your missing crystal for you, can I ride your cape???

All ya gotta do is want to learn. I barely know enough to be dangerous. As Quatto said in Total Recall, ‘open your mind’. ..once you stop learning, you start dying..everyone’s perspective is different and I appreciate that, for what it is. There’s guys on pinside that blow my mind on what they can accomplish (coding etc, like Zablon ). It’s really just a matter of perspective. But I appreciate the ‘hero’ worship. Lol. I’m a humble guy mostly. I know when to be a dork. But better than that I know who are good people..you seem like it man!

#13347 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I’ve tried that but then it can’t always make the orbit shots. Right now I’m playing front flippers at 10% lower power, seems best overall.

Perhaps replace the rebound springs with something a tad beefier? I know that’s made peeps flippers more snappy. I agree, those springs are a tad weak, and they break. Shouldn’t affect power, but definitely something to consider with the entire mechanisms

#13348 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Love the look and feel of the Silver (aluminum) precision flippers
[quoted image]

That’s a damned nice screen bezel man! Love it. Very pro

#13352 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You mean replace the flipper spring with a stronger spring. Lol I just bought 40 replacement springs from pinball life because I’ve already broken 3. But I love dialing in my machines as perfect as I can so will definitely try something else. Do you know what spring to try. Not something I’d be able to compare unfortunately.

There’s s guy on this thread that went to the hardware store and matched up height and width of coil (but a tad beefier) and there was no going back from that (worked really well apparently). Bring one to an Ace or whatever and match it up. I already beheaded 2, do i know the feeling. They do seem pretty thin to me. Bally/williams springs seem like the way as well (don’t quote me on that). The reason these are breaking is the sharp metal brackets in the flipper mechs. That, and thin springs. I put painters tape at the sharp edge and no problem now. But better fix is grind down the sharp mounts a tad. Good to go.

#13367 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Speaking of potential mods. I am thinking about a gun trigger for the launch button. I have an original spare STTNG gun that could be cool painted army green.

although that's a decent idea, don't you think you would be better off using a more 'period-correct' gun than a phaser-shaped one? The gun from a LAH would look closer to the handgun that Gorman and Vasquez uses..Hopefully you can install it without hacking up the cab too much (unless you have it bolted to the floor, lol).

#13411 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Not as cool as I imagined it but here is my mini becan triggered by the right magnet grab using a reed switch. I've included a bench test video to show how it works. Was tricky to place it on the magnet because they are weaker than a stern magnet.

In action

Same technique was used to mod the stasis mod but this time a reed switch was placed on each post coil.

The image wasn't my final placement but you get the idea. It's a primitive technique but keeps the game completely safe using a switching power supply. [quoted image]

yeah that is pretty clever, like Zablon was saying..this is exactly what the Grogu mod is doing with the ramp diverter trigger, etc..Seems like the beacons would really be a great independent show on their own..good call!

#13414 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's finicky - the instructions are old and refer to torx screws which are no longer used on the newer games. The natural inclination is to use the washer on top of the connectors when it really needs to go on the bottom. The connectors are super tight too because the screw heads are taller than the old torx heads. But once you get all that figured out, it fits nice and tight.
[quoted image]

that's really a great look. GJ on that = L E G I T

#13434 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There must have been a change in glass since I got mine. It’s just as thick as my other games and fits well. I would contact pbbros for sure
Never mind mine is a SV, so different glass all together I believe

yeah, the LV's are thinner because they have an anti-reflective coating on them, where the SV is standard glass..But the AR glass is not as good as voodoo or invi, but still provides an improvement over standard glass..but being thinner doesn't seem like the best idea..well, it is what it is..this is for those that didn't know the diff on glass between the SV/LV..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13453 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wait you guys are saying you don't trap the ball with the top flipper? Amateurs!
Just throwing this out there..I know many of you paid more, but I'm telling you paying $7777 a few years ago for everything this game has seems like a steal compared to everything else coming out now.

anything NIB for under 10K now IS a steal..fml

#13482 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think its been mentioned on here before - but is it confirmed that pulling power from the CPU USB port is a no-no? I want to just add some 5v LED lighting and it would just be super easy to use the USB port?

I just tried this with my arduino nano and it sometimes messes up the xeno grabbing the ball, and even extending the tongue. Gonna use a buck converter and tap into something else. Unfortunate that the usb ports can’t be used for bus power.

#13483 1 year ago

Here is the current rev of my sentry gun mod.

#13485 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interesting. Was this with something running off of it? Those g90 servos pull quite a bit of mA spikes. I'm going to run a buck converter as well for all the crap I'm doing, was testing it all tonight actually.
Also yours is an LV right?
Edit: Most computer USB 2 ports supply maximum current of 0.5A, USB3 (which I don't believe any of the monitor or cab USB are) is .9A and a single g90 pulls around ~600mA top end, so 2 of them would take you over the .5 considerably.

I’m running the arduino nano, and split the servos onto one channel. I’ll reply to your email when I get to my computer. I kinda like the other guy’s idea of splitting the A/C power, before the computer, then running a power strip like he did. I can tell that it’s messing up the xeno at times, when my game has been flawless since tonight’s usb insertion.
EDIT:::: After a few other games, the main screen went black..so definitely not a good idea to put any load on the usb ports..maybe a small string of lights, but after what I witnessed, I'm keeping those slots unused..I unplugged the guns, and the game ran flawless again..and this is the LV #61 (pictured in the video above).

#13503 1 year ago

added the Narcissist (sp) ship where Ripley was in Hypersleep for 57 years..I think that qualifies to be in that section of the machine, lol. It's all shaping up, and have yet to install the new Beacons, both big and small. Enjoy! And thanks ya'll for sharing your cool ideas as well!

#13504 1 year ago

Couple pics, as the video didn’t upload to HD

0E2B9B77-A4F9-4FBE-9242-A0AD3C6DB96D (resized).jpeg0E2B9B77-A4F9-4FBE-9242-A0AD3C6DB96D (resized).jpeg634BE16F-1779-4544-8BB5-7EEC2ECBA641 (resized).jpeg634BE16F-1779-4544-8BB5-7EEC2ECBA641 (resized).jpeg73E0E6EB-7486-4D96-9F80-E06B5515E55C (resized).jpeg73E0E6EB-7486-4D96-9F80-E06B5515E55C (resized).jpeg
#13506 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

is that further back than it looks? It doesn't interfere with the ball lock moving up/down?

It is up in the air a tad, on part of its’ original stand, which I hot glued a quarter to, then velcro on the quarter and then the upper plastic. So it doesn’t interfere with the mech in front of it. It’s a pretty ominous..and it can tilt up or down. I will hide my hay bail quarter with something sleek. I might even put a blue gel under that upper left lighting to simulate the blue rocket engines for the back, or put actual blue LEDs in those 4 engines. My ultimate would be to get internal lighting for the cockpit, but not at this time. Shit, imagine a small video screen behind those windows lol.

#13509 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

This is just something I made today for myself as I am in a creative funk so I just said fxxk it why not.. The left return has a upper and lower ball track. Sleeper ramp feeds down and drops to lower. It is not polished or painted, but I figured why not share my dementia…It will be painted to match my painted shooter mod soon. I suck at hitting sleeper ramp so I tested by hand.
This is not going to be a mod for sale. The stainless plate costs it out…

Maybe best to ask folks what they would like before spending many hours on a stab in the dark? Being real.

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It looks like it was just a misunderstanding all, no need to get worked up. Keep showing us what you are doing!!

yeah, I said that with the best intentions..the 'being real' was probably a late night response on my phone, and people took it wrong (because I don't like texting long stuff on my phone). I said that because Loganpinball sells his stuff; I didn't want him to exhaust his efforts without saying, 'hey guys, what do you think of THIS idea?', before getting deep into it. People misread my post! Keep rockin' the ideas.. My text could have looked 'nicer', and to be honest Loganpinball you have a talent that most of Us don't have here..I'm just a tinkerer by comparison.

#13525 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yeah don’t love what you did with my airlock bezel , just saying …

Yeah, like Baggerman just posted, 'Do you man.. its your game and if it gets creativity going even better.' Doesn't bother me one bit

#13528 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

So my spring on the third flipper coil broke after 50 life time plays. Does anyone know the spring size by chance? There wasn't an extra in the goodie bag.
[quoted image]

Or you can open a ticket with PB..I got a set of 4 from them..arrived in a few days, from the USA. I bet the sega/stern replacements are better though..it's the sharp metal coil brackets that behead the stock/thin springs. I lost two in about the same amount of time.

#13533 1 year ago

I agree, and one thing it really does well Loganpinball is open up the left PF in a great way

#13556 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Finally got the mini beacons installed. Decided to use them to as an alert to when a ball is going to shoot out of the airlock.

yeah good job Zab..That's exactly where I was going to put mine..Getting the reed switches soon enough..looks fantastic! (and I'm not done with my screen bezel that some were hating on, lol). Did you use those little boards on those? Or the reed switches?

#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can just show people what I did. I don't think it's enough to warrant doing a kit, but I suppose if enough people want one I can look into it.

LOL. Yeah, I thought about making another video because of that, but figured eh...

yeah, just a chip rather than a whole board. With a photosensor. I don't think a reed switch would work for this since the whole thing is metal already?

Yeah, the reed would only let The beacons light for a brief moment, when the coil fires. ..so your method is mo-better

#13604 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Anyone who has the LV change the blue powder coat?
I'm thinking of changing out the blue and doing green. I think there is way to much blue on the LV.

This is all personal taste, of course..and I think it depends on if you are an ALIEN or ALIENS fan..I personally am the age/target (gen x) to love ALIENS way more than ALIEN, and the original cast/artwork for Aliens is Blue (Green for ALIEN). I've toyed around with the idea of getting the florescent green AND blue plastic protectors (blue on the left side, green on the right) to help balance out the colors, and make it 'interesting and different'. If you end up doing green, please share pics with us, as I'm sure it will look great!

#13640 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Let us know how you make out with all those ideas. IMO the hypersleep lock situation has the least amount cool stuff happening so having an interactive mod for that is very needed.

I really need to mess around with an Arduino. What you guys are doing with the Sentry gun toys and servos is just awesome.

I've programmed a simple slow sweep to both of my Sentry Guns..I have the script (copy/paste) if anyone wants to try it, and mod it further beyond my coding skills (the only thing I would like changed is having each gun sweep in the oppisite directions)
They run when the machine is on..nothing fancy with triggers on my guns; I feel the slow sweeping motion, all the time, really makes the gameplay xp pretty well balanced, and not intrusive. I suppose I could play with triggers at some point, but not atm. it's a badass effect, having them in the upper right PF.

2 months later
#14191 10 months ago

Been a while since I’ve chimed in. Just got custom plastic protectors installed. The blues didn’t illuminate like I wanted but greens are good. Actually the game is tighter and more ‘solid’ with the plastics installed no joke!

66425E91-FE57-4FF6-841D-F87ADF34DFBC (resized).jpeg66425E91-FE57-4FF6-841D-F87ADF34DFBC (resized).jpeg

#14193 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Very nice! If I could ask, where did you get those?

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Very nice! If I could ask, where did you get those?

The legendary Colywobbles hooked me up with a set . I decided to use mostly blue on the lower tier then did the green on those key areas. Took me over 3 hours to do it, but worth it! Thanks for the compliment, cheers

#14236 10 months ago
Quoted from epeabs:

My right upper flipper on my LV has started getting a bit finicky and not flipping consistently. In test mode it fires just fine, just like the bottom right flipper does. I have played with the gap at the right flipper button, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I have the right flipper button contacts less than 5mm for the upper flipper and it moves the switch contacts so that it moves the receiving contact, but still not flipping the upper right flipper. Any other thoughts on adjustment?
I also just noticed as someone else pointed out, that my left flipper button activates the upper flipper first before the lower flipper. Again, thinking this has been wired backwards from the factory.

Springs Springs Springs.
Happens on almost every Alien.

#14237 10 months ago

LV is the way... But I will say all of us are lucky to have either version such a blast.

46FD6C6B-7DB5-40DA-9EA2-1068E2E319EA (resized).jpeg46FD6C6B-7DB5-40DA-9EA2-1068E2E319EA (resized).jpeg62B33DD5-365D-4615-9FEC-4B5547C91892 (resized).jpeg62B33DD5-365D-4615-9FEC-4B5547C91892 (resized).jpeg
#14239 10 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Might be leaving for a wonka ce. Tough choice.

This is the way of pinball..rock on with whatever floats the pinball boat! I know I’ve traded some gems for other gems.

#14265 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wife and kids going away for the weekend as I have to work .That means when it gets dark the volume will be waaay up and the mood will be set for some Alien

I have to say that I :applause:applaud you for living on pinside ..its crazy how much you post, but also amazing how much you contribute! Brownie points! Or bronze medals etc.

#14282 10 months ago

Boys and girls with regards to the broken wireform on the plunge lane..turn down that launch coil way down! It will most likely prevent broken welds, or at least extend their life. Turned mine down a lot, but not so low it won’t make the plunge. No broken welds with probably 500+ plays.

#14291 9 months ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

KING-HENRY is correct. I adjusted mine down -20%. It plunges much better now. Far less strain on the wire form. It has only failed to make it up the ramp maybe two times in about 30 plays. When it replunged the ball the second time it made it up no problem.

Yep, I did do 20% less, but ended up with 15% less power, and it accomplishes everything the way it should..and thanks for listening' to my advice; it really 'is the way'...

#14292 9 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I haven't had the same problems as spooky but I will tell you this game is not operator ready and they are doing a poor job of coding. I get the feeling they consider this "good enough" while they work on Queen.
The blank screen issue is still happening years later. It's a code issue as the screen comes up on boot and doesnt work after that 50% of the time. As a location game that's really bad as the brewery employees couldn't give fewer shits if my game is working.
No DBA connector
The earnings audits are still wildly off. This is a very low hanging fruit coding correction but they either dont have the skills or the time to correct it.

If your employees don't give 'fewer shits' about a game being good, I worry how they perform and 'worry' about the rest of your company..my bad, I'm stuck in the normal routine of normality - 20 years ago. OR LESS. I remember when people cared (like I do/did)

#14293 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My shooter wire form has like 3 broken welds.
Is there a better quality out there for sale?
Don't want to keep buying it just to break like this one.[quoted image]

turn down your ball eject coil power.. problem (mostly) solved. And NO company will tell you that, especailly 'the big companies' BTW, as far as 'better quality, that is a bag of worms...hopefully you understand that Alien (as it stands in the top 100) is one of the best shooters EVER MADE..SO, please keep that in mind..I just purchased a 14K Foo Fighters, and the playfield Quality on it is shit; milky and orange-peeled. Welcome to the real world, Neo.

#14296 9 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

They're not my employees they're the people staffing the brewery tasting room where my games live.
And the point is they shouldn't HAVE to go notice that the main screen on Alien is off and reboot it until it works. This shit has been broken since it got on site and it's always "new code is right around the corner, I think they've got it this time". When was the last code update even 6 months ago?

sorry to hear this, and YES, that's not acceptable..I would certainly be pissed as well. I left my machine at an early code, since it 'aint broken..so I'm hesitant to upgrade the firmware on it..have you tried rolling back to an earlier version? and do you have any mods or anything plugged into the computer's USB ports? I know I tried to use a silly 5v light strip on one of those ports, and my game DID NOT like that (blank screen, etc)..pulled that out and it's been fine since..very touchy computer. anyways, best of luck..I'm surprised PB hasn't made this right with you!

#14307 9 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thank you!
How big are they? Will check the link but if you have time to post a pic of your game that ‘d be great.
Thanks!

They are a tad smaller than dime sized around (at the base) and his measurement of 15mm tall. Like as tall as a small socket.

#14313 9 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Designed it myself

I'd like one of those, if you plan on making any of these for others..nice job!

1 month later
#14469 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Has anyone heard if PB is going to make any game blades for the SV’s? Has anyone ordered Tilt graphics version? I am leaning towards ordering Tilts but any feedback, updates, pictures, etc would be very appreciated.

It would be really cool to see the SV owners get a PinGraffix PowerBladez upgrade, continuing the art from the back, to the sides..but it would probably draw some red flags with copyrights..but still, would be cool (without bouncing lights, just a nice solid 'ON' would do imo)

2 months later
#15107 6 months ago

It’s a good time to be an LV owner ..I’m happy there’s no characters in the art and also glad I payed a really good price for it

#15147 6 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We are filling a bubble and it will pop. And I’ve been a firm advocate of this hobby being just fine for going on 20 years now. But this hobby has always survived on its resale and secondary market values. Stern re-releasing every title is just shooting themselves in the foot, as more and more buyers won’t be able to afford to buy their new releases. If you can’t sell you existing games on the secondary market for enough money to buy the new ones, that when this thing hits the wall.

Spot fucking ON

#15195 6 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I guess I will finally update my game code ,it has old code but it runs fine yes the head grinds when moving and I don’t have the stand ups lit but it plays great and I always worried a code update would cause issues but to get Ripley I am going for it.

same exact boat here!

#15211 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Correct, just noticed those things also. But why is it cheaper than an SV?

They probably recuperated most of their R&D and other costs, and also being smart and ‘ahead of the busting bubble’ game. The lower price is actually a breath of fresh air, and hoping other (much) bigger companies will follow suit. Art package looks a tad off (looks like an Alien Raver in my basement lol) but I’m still stoked that this pricing will bring in more fans.

#15265 6 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Well, this was a surprise, not what I thought it would be and I must say I think a great move for PB. I hope they sell a lot and expand our community of owners. This is truly a super value in pinball today.
The artwork is great but I prefer my LV art, so probably won't get a translite if made available. I don't see any blade art either so don't know if there is some, if I like it better and if it goes with the rest of the LV. Regardless, I will be getting the airlock scope (looks awesome) and maybe the topper (price, what it looks like and how it fits in with the beacons. The paint job on the Xeno looks very good, but it seems the only change is the paint job from what I can tell. Might get if it is reasonable priced, or just paint what I have using it as a guide. While I hope Ripley is included in the new software, regardless, very happy to be getting a software upgrade!
[quoted image]

I think I’ll just shoot a load on my Xeno and call it a day

#15271 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Spin it any way you want, I paid more for the same product with less bells and whistles when they were starting out as a manufacturer and getting off the ground.
This game was already having problems holding its value. This new price of what is now an older version likely devalues my game another $500+ if I ever sell. You LV owners don't care but you'd be pissed too if this thing had a shaker and similar stuff to your LV and was $700-$1k less.

Just man up, bite bullet and get sell your SV to get an LV at a great price. Or get the Ripley version. It honestly sounds you were bitter on the SV version anyways PB is not slaying you like Stern is on LE’s atm

#15274 6 months ago

Kkkhhhhaaaaaaannnn! Lmao! Well-presented man

#15281 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wrong. I love the game which is why I still have it. If I ever sell my SV, to upgrade or buy another game, though, I was already going to take a significant hit on resale. This just makes it worse.
Stranger Things is my favorite game. I upgraded from a pro to a premium last year because I love the game. I paid for it, though, because Stern had discontinued it and premiums were selling for a premium. Well guess what? Stern in their infinite greed noticed the prices and decided to renew the license and make more after they told us it wouldn't be made anymore. I am now out $2500 -$3k if I decided to sell to upgrade to their new and improved version. Yes, I am sensitive to all of this stuff right now.
I get that those that may have been on the fence benefit from this. I just think the price should have at a minimum been the same as he original SV to acknowledge those who supported them earlier with purchases. The pinball business is clearly not one where customer considerations come first, though.

I think it all boils down to bad timing. I know it sucks, but it eventually happens to all of us. If I had held onto my nice ‘61 Ford Galaxie Sunliner converible Id be sitting on 30K. Sold it for 8900 20 years ago. Am I buthurt over it..no. I had a great 7 years owning and driving it. Just saying you might just want to be happy with what you have. It’s not a perfect world by any means!

#15302 6 months ago

Someone is definitely being sandy in utah. I’m done trying to help that dude. Everyone else should follow suit.

#15364 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, I understand where he is coming from even if others dont... But with that said, the SV is definitely nicer looking than this new version, and the only new mod that is impressive to me is the airlock cover...

this is what confuses me from the 'I got shafted' approach, as I completely agree the SV is a sexier version than the Ripley ed. I also agree that airlock cover is really really nice, putting Us LV/SV owners in the same boat. I really think PB did the right thing with this release, as it's not tromping any previous versions, while giving ALIEN the bigger exposure it deserves..any PB version is going to play exactly the same (with the new code).

#15427 6 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I ordered topper too, but man it should come with those lights built in!

I completely agree at $1400..regardless, one will be added to my LV..I wonder if my aftermarket Beacons will fit this (from the lit apron mod I have).

#15503 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are ugly. Here’s the one I linked to on my game. Perfect size and shape, lights up the room. We really just need to know the diameter of the ones on the LV.
[quoted image]

Now those are nice! I’m not into the 70ies round beacons either, and yours stand a tad taller than the LV’s. Meesa likey

#15673 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think, something on the metal is sharp and its cutting them.

Yes. I put blue painters tape on each bracket, then i put the new springs on. Haven’t had a broken spring since.

#15674 6 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

That's it. It is not the spring, it rubs at the connect point which is a sharp metal V shape. I am softening this edge with something (wrapped wire, epoxy, tape?) - I am sure this will take care of it.

Blue painters tape

#15708 6 months ago

Quoted from darkryder:When does the Ripley v4 code drop? I don't see it on the PB site, but looking forward to updating my LV!

57 YEARS

#15709 6 months ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Woooohoooo! One of the lucky ones to pick this up beginning of 2022 and I'm so pumped to see Ripley in the game! Thanks so much Pinball Brothers for revisiting the license and making this happen! I can't wait to install the Ripley code!

Yeah, this time it's WAR I'm also very stoked to see all of this happen, and edit here...REALLY STOKED to see some director's cut footage!!! (I was a big Laserdisc fan in the 90ies, and had the $100 director's cut boxset..the first and only consumer way to watch the director's cut That and the Abyss.

#15738 6 months ago

lol, that's awesome! I was chuckling on the last pic with GAME OVER ..I don't have kids, but you might want to give them a headsup on that, lol. thanks for the pics!

#15749 6 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

The RE actually includes black powder coating…but no Shaker, no Beacon topper, & no lit side blades (basically a tiny strip of led lights shining in the players eyes anyway lol)….

The Ripley edition is wanting the topper..that is the design stucture that I think they had in mind..WITH the option for everyone else with a diff version to buy the topper and extra mods that DON'T come with the RE...brilliant imo, and I hope that works out for PB

#15775 6 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Ya the translite from the LV with the alien front and center and staring directly at the player would make the Alien topper redundant as that is also another alien front and center staring directly down at the player….the RE Translite makes the alien topper less redundant although I would add the beacon topper too!

I was just messing around in photoshop with the topper (although the topper is at a steeper angle in my screen grab)..and it looks really good with my setup imho! I might even angle the topper, just the way it looks in this picture, so it can show off the 'floor' of the topper..we'll all see when they get in our hands..let me know if this is too redundant with the two aliens here, although one is the queen and one is the worker bee

alien topper (resized).jpgalien topper (resized).jpg
#15798 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I like it! I have one of those waiting to be installed, just cant find the time!

it's really worth it, and I do like the original translite, but this really kicks it up a notch..notice that I used green and blue lights in between the plexi's..really bumps it up a notch..I did buy the Alien Queen insert, but it didn't grab me as well as the 'SV' edition print. the backlighting is up to you, and depending on your creativity, you can really bump up the 3D effect..would be really cool if the inner plexi was textured and embossed!

#15840 6 months ago

This is Exactly what I needed last night. Sleepless and reading all the awesome fun facts about Aliens. The redcoats didn’t enjoy Cameron and crew but worked it out through Weaver of all people. I’m English blood so saying that in jest. I am King Henry lol. Sooo much cool tibits of trivia. Really enjoyed that thank you!!

#15888 5 months ago

If I had an SV I’d custom make my own bladez, and also backlight them some how like the LV. One side Alien other side Aliens. Aliens would be the panoramic of the Sulaco docking bay, or Atmosphere Plant. Alien would probably be the Space Jockey scope.

#15889 5 months ago

I wonder who ended up with LV-426 that was for sale last year on the East Coast. I was actually considering buying that lol. But didn’t want to pay the premium at the time. Very happy with my 61 or whatever it is. Still cool brownie points on 426 whoever has it. Apparently it was the 1st PB version made

#15949 5 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

As already said be very carefull woth the wire forms. These are very delicate. Talking from experience.....

Ya and turning down the ball eject for the launch wireform really can help prevent some welds from breaking. For those that don’t know.

#15955 5 months ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I’m thinking about getting a Ripley edition but have a few concerns that I figured could be answered here.
What is the overall quality of Pinball Brothers games?
If you have an issue that warrants a replacement part, how long does it take to receive it?
I’ve heard that the game is very immersive and the sound quality is great. Just wanting to reach out to the owners and get your thoughts on my questions above. I guess my only worry is the quality/construction/parts used in the game.

I was in the same boat a year ago. My LV is solid as fuk. I asked the same questions before I bought mine. One of the best purchases I’ve done. If that means anything

#16021 5 months ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Yeah those backglasses are awesome. I think they are some of the all time best. Would love to have an Alien machine with this backglass next to my Black Hole and Centaur.

and here is another take on it as well (posted 5 pages ago, don't fixate on the topper; just for ref.)...either of these are pretty nice ..pic is a tad overexposed here, but you get the idea I use a green backlight on top and a blue strip on the bottom..cool effect in person.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16090 5 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Correct. If people actually read the ALIEN thread they would know the pin was pulled.
PB took ALIEN out of ALIEN, where now 'Alien' owners don't actually have an awareness of what the real game is to PLAY. How can anyone know what it feels like to PLAY something that they have never actually played, but just 'imagined', and 'Pictured' by a bunch of shill 'descriptions'?. Hmmmm
Some former Heighway owners even hate the OG version, because they had a Copy full of faults and that didn't work, and couldn't make it work. Or just a personal AH thing. Yep he is a fraud and a dik. But I like the Game and the people who made it, not the Dik. Also, with Ripley, it's almost like people think there are no Ripley Callouts in the Heighway Code, when there absolutely are. So here with this 'Ripley' version, does that include a new mode, or code with Ripley in the Gameplay?? . If not, you can only really call it a couple of vid scenes added on a screen, or some extra callouts. Also the ramps are the same, and those shiney polished ramps have been bolted on by HP ALIEN owners. They look great. But also anyone can just Electro-Polish their own OG ramps for same exact result.
Some people call it 'bitching'? Ha haha . . . but I'm quite happy with My game. Just feel sorry for the people whom won't ever get to play a Real ALIEN pinball now. It isn't whinging either, merely pointing out realities that are a bit of a bummer, and people in denial of or do not Realise. Pretending a new revision of a stiupido switch setup is 'better now', does not mean it is better than using an actual pinball switch. PB went to realms of absurdity in 'Re-imagining' the ALIEN pinball machine by Heighway. Completely ballzed it for the second gen owners. And then they THANK them?? . . . yep clown world!! Lol
I'm outta here. I just came in to offer helps with common PROBLEMS. People in here got a bit of a complex about their cut down version with the odd major issues left in there. Bit of denial and excuses flying around. But it is what PB made it into, whatever the imagination tells you. Lol
Carry on but most of all; Enjoy!!

#16135 5 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Found these saved in a junk drawer from years ago. I remember buying them for $10 or $15 per case set and were shipped from somewhere far far away. Each came with a stick of bubblegum individually boxed and a little support platform. I know I have more of them, ...somewhere. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yeah, those are cool! I especially like the Sulaco there..I did 3D print one of those, but will never be like a stamped figure like that. I did poney up and buy this Cinemachines UD-4L in ebay for a great price ($50 in box)..also got this Hadleys Hope replica prop, but it's a tad big to put in the machine..I currently have the Narcissist ship in my pin (a few pages back) that looks good up in the hypersleep area..if I have room, I'll try to put the drop ship in there, but I also don't want to clutter up the game..I'm putting my modded, panning sentry guns back in, which really suits the machine well. regardless, these (and yours!) are great toys, even for big boys.

IMG_1478 (resized).jpegIMG_1478 (resized).jpeg
#16148 5 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I hear you about not wanting to clutter up the playfield. My APC unit is definetly going in somewhere as it is my favorite, but probably not any of the zeno figures.
I want to do something in the empty back corner of the Hyper Sleep Chamber area but I'm hesitant. I don't want to put a 3D figure there that might make it cumbersome or obstruct the ease of lifting the playfield. Curious if the existing 3rd party Hyper Sleep Chambers play nice with playfield maintenance operations.
I'm surprised we haven't seen an official 3D add-on sculpt of the Hyper Sleep Chamber offering sanctified by Pinball Brothers from Lior at The Art of Pinball. Surely that is an opportunity to fill a sorely needed bland spot. But maybe that's why the game was created the way it was, to avoid issues with raising and lowering the playfield concerning that area? I can't say.
Pinball Brothers have long hinted they have planned add-in/upgrade surprises. Maybe the new sculpts Lior is offering now are what they were referring to.
Needless to say, as soon as Lior offers the piece for that area that matches the quality of his other pieces in a seemless fashion, I'm going to jump on it knowing the playfield operation would already be tested and factored in to the design of its addition. Fingers crossed.

If they indeed do a hyper sleep chamber official mod, I REALLY want the AlienS version and NOT the AlieN version! It would look sick up there!!! Plus match my obvious bias towards the second film

6D5D0B59-A0E1-4A52-929E-5B2EA04EDE40 (resized).jpeg6D5D0B59-A0E1-4A52-929E-5B2EA04EDE40 (resized).jpeg
#16159 5 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The LV artwork is also heavily skewed towards Aliens with the queen featured prominently. Doesn't bother me at all though, I just LOVE that they focussed on the 2 best movies in the franchise in the gameplay itself.

Cheers to that! Alien3 and the rest can go kiss it. I remember seeing Alien3 in the theater with my Twin, and we just looked at each other during the credits saying ‘WTF, they just ruined the franchise’. Then the AvP crap. The comic was supposed to portray the 3rd film as Aliens: Earth War. With Newt as a teenager and wiping up Aliens on Earth. Probably wouldn’t have worked out well without modern graphics though. Anyways I share your love for the 1st two films. That’s all that matters!

#16169 5 months ago

I actually do appreciate Alien3 as a sci-fi flick but not in the Alien Franchise world. It is a compelling and stylish film..again, if it’s separated from the Alien world-story. Killing off Newt and Hicks was disastrous to my brain lol. The 4th film was just a huge money-grab and waa bizarre with that dude from dune, making out with the Aliens (or whatever was going on there lol. AvP1 was ok’ but that was it...the other ones were utter crap. They did the same with the Predator franchise.; regurgitation

#16222 5 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

It's a pretty damn amazing coincidence - what's even more amazing is that some of us lucky ones now have a super-awesome 3d version of the official translite.

That IS unfortunate.

#16223 5 months ago
Quoted from FullTilt83:

Sounds superficial, but I absolutely prefer the original (unapproved) translite with Ripley in the PowerLoader.

I really dig the loader in the translite. I really feel it fit the whole random art package on the ER version very well. I do like KJS version but as stock, that damn loader needs to be on that backglass. Very weird last minute decision.

#16224 5 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

Wow ! for the record I thought the Ripley Translite was here in a loader fight etc...the one I did last week is almost identical and I had no clue.
I sold my Alien and contemplating doing another custom one for myself but have so many other custom projects now I don't think it will happen.
If that is the Ripley translite its probably not prudent of me to make any more for people as I don't want the fun police on my back. I made a batch of 10 of the back panels with 5 gone, don't think I will do any more.

It only takes a solid day or less for a photoshop pro to replicate what you did..And I think that’s exactly what happened. I really like yours but honestly prefer the loader translite in this ER Edition. But no worries I have most of your crap on my machine

#16227 5 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Question to any Alien owners who are getting black screen issues still. Do you use an app or alexa controlled outlet, wall controlled power switch or do you turn on the pin by hand at the cabinet?

I only got blank screen issues when I used a usb port for a small 5v mod. I quickly took that out and modded the power supply (left USBs empty). No blank screens ever again. (If this helps). I do use a smart plug on my machines, including Alien. But had to take the smart plugs off of Baywatch And Dirty Harry; screwed up Dirty Harry and almost did a number on the large color DMD on BW. All my other machines are newer and can handle the amperage limitations? on the smart plugs.

#16251 5 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Just played the most intense pinball game of my life!!! Reached All Out War for the first time! Man, this game is a RUSH, absolutely my favorite, bolted to the floor, never, ever leaving!

Since I lived in Stockton for many years, I’ll believe you that’s really awesome and have yet to do that. Alien really is aging well, wine-wise.

#16330 5 months ago

I really like the new RV translite design, however I’m not super keen on the muted color pallet. Might look better in person I bet. Too bad they couldn’t have left the I alone in ALIEN but still i love the UD-4L escaping off on the right and the crew walking on the speaker grill holes on the left. Pretty classy.

#16362 5 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Awesome! Only makes sense for code drop to align with shipment. Really impressed that this update is going to include 33 new cut scenes. That seems massive.
Curious on everyone’s thoughts of Ripley on the left side of back box? That’s a new reveal from what we saw at announcement.

I responded on knapp arcade news on that. That left backbox art doesn’t match with any of the other art imho. If it was a scene from the film (or leave out Jonesy?) I’d say ‘cool’ but it just seems too 70ies for the rest of the art package imo.

#16363 5 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Really enjoying this game. What an incredible sound package! Is there a place to further adjust sound amplification? It’s great out of the box but I’d like to tweak things and can’t find a separate amp.[quoted image]

Welcome to the LV club DTS!!! Fellow PNW guy here.

#16371 5 months ago

just a headsup (no pun intended)..I just bought the alien mini-jaw (the white copper version) on Pingraffix . com with the last day of the black friday sale..I couldn't resist at $50 shipped..I'm not affiliated just letting ya'll know about the over $13 savings on that particular mod.

#16379 5 months ago

if they only kept the left backbox art the same, with Jonesy etc it would knock it outta the park with the new art package...Ripley and her horrible lipstick job (and just a stock photo from the archive) just doesn't fit the rest of the 'vision' of the current package. I'm not worried as I have the LV, but I know what good art/package is...like I was sying before on Knapp is that I'm happy that it's being released the way it is, with lower price...so ther's my .02

#16380 5 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

KJS has a really nice apron overlay. Really suits the SV version.
Surprised there isn’t other magnetic overlays available.
This new one seems almost as boring as the black original.

agreed..there's no real vision and art on that sticker..time to mod over that..I can think and construct MANY different alts on that. at least they are keeping the price down to an 'affordable' level which is very smart in this horrible market.

#16444 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I believe the code will drop as soon as the first shipment leaves the building, which is nice as it will give us further insight on shipment timing. If it releases by the end of this week, I'll feel that there is the slightest possibility of flipping my RE with the family on Christmas.

I just envisioned you and your family, in the snow, going from door to door to actually 'flip' this macnine and make a few bucks on it..in the spirit of National Lampoon's xmas Vacation lol ..

#16445 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I don't know much about shipping across the pond by air.....but it sounds like a lot of machines are coming over in this batch. Thats a lot by air.

Nitro Pinball is shipping Lebowski's by air as well..so they aren't the only ones..

#16635 4 months ago

EDIT---FOUND MOST INFO ON THEIR SITE..but one question that needs to be asked..is it safe to upgrade the current game code with the old .57? firmware???

What is the minimum firmware requirement to get the newest code update? Where’s the main page (pinballbrothers.com?). And where’s the instructions to download? and proper procedures to safely update from fw old EDIT --- .57? Basic questions but honest ones! We need a sticky

#16641 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Taken from PB Facebook post:
FAQ – Ripley 4.0
For Alien and Queen, you will find our support section on Freshdesk.
With all game updates and other downloads provided, and also the Support Ticket System.
The correct Update link is provided via Freshdesk only. If a link fails, we will provide alternatives (the demand was very high today).
With any update, please always carefully read the liner notes on the update page.
They always state the Game Version and Firmware needed.
Current firmware is 0.71 – this is fine for Game Code 4.0The firmware 0.72 is in preparation and caters to add-ons like minibeacons and topper.Note that very new and large USB-Sticks may not work.
Best keep a stick that works handy for your updates. More detailed info on freshdesk.
We will keep all info updates central in this post.
–––––––––––––
SV – Standard Version
This version is being discontinued. Distributors or 2nd hand traders may still offer some.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/AlienSV
LV – Limited Version
The only Limited Version (we have almost reached the limit of 1000 units). With ShakerMotor, Top Beacons, special Metal Side Trim and illuminated Sideblades.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/AlienLV
RV – Ripley Version
Celebrating the Alien Franchise including Ellen Ripley on Cabinet, Translite and VideoClips.Game Version 4.0 with Ripley goes to all SV, LV, RV owners.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien-ripley-version/
All orders in 2023 ship with both Helmet and LoaderBattle Translites
All Add-Ons, extra Translites etc. available directly via https://pbusasales.com
Check out this Facebook Group for all info and community assistance!
https://facebook.com/groups/679568609591140/

thanks for all of this info..however one big question is..what's the minimum or 'proper' version firmware do I need before installing the new 4.0 game code?

#16643 4 months ago

oh, for all of us non-updaters (lol) we need to have game version 3.2 before we do the update..I assume 3.2 updates the firmware at the same time? anyways I'm glad I saw that on pb site..needs to be in BOLD to avoid confusion for others (and less headaches for PB techs).

#16655 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I updated to 4.0 code with the old firmware. Nothing exploded. I’ll update to .72 firmware this week. The new code worked fine.

What firmware were you running before? I’ve got the old .57 I believe. I don’t want explosions lol.

#16705 4 months ago

I just successfully updated to 4.0..wasn't hard at all. went from 3.1 to 3.2 (apparently it was a tad newer than I previously thought). Looks pretty rad with the new scenes etc..i like the Hudson Match scene at the end (will need some additional match info I think on that). Anyways, played 2 lousy games so looking forward to real play tonight Thank You Pinball Bros!

#16706 4 months ago

I guess I'll need to update the firmware to get the alien throat wand to get quieter, right?

#16736 4 months ago
Quoted from jonny_eh:

I tried updating my firmware from 0.57 to 0.71, but got a "Copy Error". Now I get a USB error on start, and all the buttons are unresponsive. Since I can't press any buttons, I can't enter service mode to downgrade the firmware. I tried a full game code rebuild, but that did nothing.
I messaged support, they told me to do a FW downgrade but haven't responded to my question of "how" in a few days.
Anyone know how to unbrick my game?

just chiming in with possible advice, as i was able to upgrade the firmware from .57 to .71 this morning..I did this AFTER I updated the game code to 4.0 from 3.2..I first upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2---->PB website says to update the game code from 3.2 to 4.0 and nothing older...firmware didn't seem to matter on my end. Have you tried reformatting your USB stick, and make sure it's the proper format for your pc or mac? Please go with PB support first, but I'd personally reformat the USB stick and try again..unplug your machine for a while..idk, just trying to help, and good luck.

1 week later
#16876 4 months ago

Robertbucs this should make you feel MUCH BETTER...read on to the next page or so..it was a NIGHTMARE..in the end, I was refunded everything, even though I think it took a few weeks off of my life. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/403

#16910 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok guys, this Apron Mod is becoming a real pain in the ass!
Whats the issue here. The apron fits fine, but as you can see, not enough room to let the ball drain.
Also, the parts of the apron that looks like alien burns, mine arent lighting up but ive seen others that do. Thoughts?[quoted image]

I also had the same issue..I bent it in, just like the other poster here did..check the connections on the lighting that goes to that board (inside the apron on the left) that's probably why the acid lights are not lit (who knows, but good to check the connections on that board). My main beef (although I like the apron), is that you can't see the center post on the machine, which is a big deal for me (and others that know how to 'play' that center post). A lot of center post hits can be saved by just letting it bounce back into the pf..but if you can't see it, then it's a crapshoot.

#16915 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks guys, Ill try bending a bit.
For the acid burn lights, I checked and they are working. But there are no holes to get through the foam.
Thoughts?

I’d guess that since the lights are working, the foam is perhaps too thick for it to penetrate through to the surface. There should be no holes in the foam, as those lights transmit through the foam for the effect. Have you turned the lights off in your room? These acid lights aren’t super obvious in a well-lit room.

#16938 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

But I did not have the black screen problem with my earlier gamecode 3.2a5 (or something like that) at all. Now with 4.0 it returned.

I get the black screen on the pf screen now. My old code was bulletproof. I’m sure they’ll fix this, and I needed the new video assets!

#16941 4 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Try reseating the board, if the sensor is closer to the ball it should detect it. In my case, I didn’t want to place a screw on the edge of the board to push it closer, and the new board proximity sensor is perfect.

New code is working on mine, maybe try another download?

I just get a blank PF screen at times, that's all..

1 month later
#17441 89 days ago
Quoted from G35R6:

This will show you how big of a novice I am with these newer games. I just looked at the code update list.
It says to make sure you have 3.2 before you install 4.1.
Do I have to install each code update along the way?
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I just jumped to 4.1?

The website said to make sure you are at 3.2 before going to 4.1. I was going from 2.5 so that’s what I did and it’s been a good deal. I suggest this route, as this is what they PB suggested. Firmware is done after that. Go to PB website and do what they suggest.

#17520 84 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I MISS THIS GAME!!! Should not have sold it. Wheels are starting to spin although it will be some time, I shall have HER back. So how is the new content?

so far, so good on the ripley content...and I think I told you not to sell your Alien, lol..but it is what it is, and glad you will be getting another one! The Ripley addition plus the other scenes are a welcome addition..although I can see that both the original and the newer addons are equally good, just in different ways..I do love the match sequence at the end of a game; when Bishop is doing the knife trick on Hudson leaves a cool feel (on a good or bad game)..only thing is they should put the match number on the knife..this is my take so far, and there's tons of content I haven't even seen yet (haven't had a lot of dedicated time on Alien lately). Preemtive welcome back to the club! Get an LE or a Ripley edition.

2 weeks later
#17785 69 days ago

anybody able to get ahold of PBUSA? I left 2 emails (one yesterday, one today) about the topper invoice..and no reply. It's a question concerning my order..

#17794 69 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I have had a few issues with PB USA replying to emails. There is an error on my topper order, along with me having to hound them for replacement parts I ordered with no confirmation for weeks. Hoping they get things straightened out.

they replied back to me this morning...all good now. They said they were very busy, and I can certainly understand that atm!

#17807 65 days ago

very cool, as I remember what Zablon did with that..which photoresistor did you guys end up getting so I can do this to my RC beacons? and where did you tap into power? (usb brick on powerstrip?)

#17810 65 days ago
Quoted from driph:

I used these slick little relays, makes the project really simple:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0829WKV3K/
And went with a separate PSU to power addons:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RT54H9V/

thanks for the links..on the power end, I think I'll just use a 12v walwart (what amperage is good?) to plug into my powerstrip that's installed in the machine (where I power all my mods).

1 week later
#17885 59 days ago

the only moving part on the new topper is the tail, which is still better than what many other toppers (can't) do.

1 week later
#17978 52 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

yes the shooter lane wireform/ramp ...thats the one that broke...

this should be a sticky...everyone should turn down the ball launch power down about 15-20% and it will prevent that wireform to break. Adjust it so it doesn't struggle to empty, but also doesn't shoot out like a cannon.

#17979 52 days ago

Has anyone gotten their topper yet? I paid in full a few weeks ago? and haven't heard yet..I'm sure they will arrive, just curious if PB or anyone else knows the current scoop on the toppers' ETAs

#18040 49 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Steep; I’m on the fence. The neon green outline looks sweet but they appear to alter the color of the art on the plastics. A bit of a stickler on this I suppose…

Daytime pic here***I had the same guy in the UK do a custom set of both the green AND blue..although the blue doesn't glow hardly at all, but having less green is a bonus, as the sling shot protectors are blue, and doesn't alter the white as bad..here is a pic for reference and there are diff. options available. *Nevermind the green stripe on the playfield; it's a reflection off of the backglass (working with some DIY lights atm)

IMG_2106 (resized).jpegIMG_2106 (resized).jpeg

#18085 47 days ago

I'm also annoyed by giving them $1437 to have no word on ETA through email etc. PBUSA should have at least given us topper buyers an ETA when we payed the final invoice. It's the silence that bugs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=king-henry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.