pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6866 1 year ago

any video of the LV?

2 weeks later
#7263 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Back Box art: PB LV version is amazing. Aurich hit it out of the park on this one. I actually thought I would like a bigger screen better on the box, however I’ve completely changed on that one. I like the smaller screen better b/c the art is so good.

Backbox art on LV is from Brian Allen, not Aurich.

#7271 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks. It felt good to be able to work with PB to get that done, it really washed away the last of the bad taste from Andrew.
They really just let me do what I had always wanted it to be, which was to fill it full of Alien themes, but offer a backglass that wasn't so visually dark and monochromatic. The green and black version is fine, but to me pinball needs a little color and pop in a game room. Same deal with the cabinet art.
I'm glad you like it, I've never actually seen it in person, just photos and video.

I can confirm that this is not only not true, the Brian Allen version was just a redraw of my original LE backglass. Andrew didn't want to use it for whatever reason, and being a giant cock just backstabbed me and hired Brian (not his fault, and I helped Brian get paid for his work, no bad blood between us) to basically draw what I had already done.
(After Andrew told me an original drawing wasn't an option, but hey, just one more lie.)
Also—again, no disrespect to Brian—but it really showed how ridiculous the whole thing was. His drawing wasn't not at all accurate to the film, the number of fingers was wrong, he added horns that didn't exist, and Fox just rubber stamped it. Clearly we could have done whatever we wanted, Andrew was just incompetent and wouldn't let me talk to Fox. A ten minute phone call would have saved years of grief.

Ok my wrong, thanks for clearing this.

The LV backglass looks amazing. Great job there.

2 weeks later
#7682 1 year ago

So what is the difference between 2.4 and 2.6 code? I read some issues with 2.6. Wise to upgrade?

2 weeks later
#7946 1 year ago

So I ordered an Alien LV and got my first ‘two weeks’.

Now this is not a machine you can unbox an put in your collection. You will have to do some work. Reading through this thread I think that all of us have that experience.

So the machine came in beautiful, well packed and looked great. One minor detail that immediately showed was all decals on the apron peeled, no big issue I thought, just stick them back on but that lasted only a few minutes.
Another thing I noticed was a small scratch on the backglass. That evening send an email to PB and next day they send me confirmation that a new backglass and decals are on it’s way, I did receive them already and all looks fine, great service, unbelievable.

Above the playfield looked fine, the playfield itself looks great. Next check was under the playfield. I saw the youtube video from Bufffalo pinball to did know what to expect, also my machine came with about 10 connectors loose. No big deal, just go over them all. After that start playing.
All looked ok, but you really need to tweak a lot of things, first of all the settings for coils. Lower slingshots, lower the flippers, lower left eject, increase magnets and pops. I did fans on all 4 flipper coils, I think it makes a different.
Bottom pop bumper was really non responsive, I took apart the whole mechanism, increase spring tension, used some spacers to increase the gap, adjusted the switch. Seems to work now perfect.

After two weeks I have only few minor issues left.
- The ball does sometimes fly of the right ramp, I put some tape on the top of the scoop to force the ball down, but even with lowered left flipper coil settings, this occasionally happens. I asked PB for a solution.
- The magnet does not always grab the ball, I think I have a hit rate of about 40%. Even with magnet strenght on 50% higher.
- The screen did go black after some time in attract mode or even after startup. Reset did the job.
- Twice I had a ball in vent 1 during multiball, it seemed to stay there and after other balls drained it was ejected by ball search. When you then drain that ball the machine does not register the drain and keeps in the game mode without providing a new ball and it will do a ball search. If you then manually provide a ball you can play that and after drain it still will not register as drained. I do not know if this is a ball through issues or just software. Since it happened now twice only during multiball. A reset of the machine solves it, but also resets your score

Some remarks/questions:
- Is there a way to make the outlanes smaller, I do not see an adjustment is possible in the posts. Right outlane is brutal. View on outlanes is restricted due to the ramps.
- During Derelict ship mode I still do not understand when the upper posts pop up? I thought shooting the blue arrow would do that but not always.
- The Hypersleep ramp is really hard.
- Game code is solid, I would like to see some polish to make it great. Light effects etc.
- Weapons are really cool. Stacking multiballs is awesome, the movie clips are great, hope on more call outs.
- Hope the code can help with upper magnet for Xenomorph catch
- Sounds are awesome, does anybody know the Ohm of the cabinet speaker?
- The use of the lights on top is perfect, not to much

This is for me a great theme and the machine has the one more time factor for me. Great machine.

#7960 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

everytime I read this thread I get nervous for when my SV does actually get here. I am not a talented pinball tech heh

You will learn, and fixing issues yourself is so rewarding. Mine did had some issues but yesterday all things looked solved. I have one issue left but think that one is in the code.

1 week later
#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

So, how reliable is PBB Alien LV?
I had money stashed for Toy Story, no way I'm buying that now.
Alien looks dope; how is the reliability? Similar to an AP, Spooky or JJP?

Got the LV last month, after some startup issues and dailin in, it now works great. Had support on some cosmetic issues with PBB and got new parts fast. So excelent service and great game.

#8049 1 year ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Spruced up the Apron a little on my SE and replaced the pitiful decals.
Added a lot more depth to the Launch decal
[quoted image]
Multi layered the Weyland decal for a 3D effect
[quoted image]
Will rework the hazard strips and maybe even inlay cards next in the style of my coindoor Plaque next.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are that 3d stl. files? Care to share?

#8084 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Will trade one closed egg for one open Egg

you can buy the open ones on the PB site.

#8088 1 year ago

yes my LV did come with 3 closed. So you can choose

#8089 1 year ago

Still have balls flying of the right ramp. Anyone else have that? Solution?

#8101 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you had to name a game that’s very similar in play and atmosphere ,what would that game be ? Just having some fun during the wait

That is a hard one, the sounds are so immersive. I think David did a great job. I like the spinner sound, de deep space sounds like you are inside of the ship and you hear things. The Sentry guns going of. And when you finish the game there is this orchestra so nice. Only game I can think of is Dracula but you need the pinsound on that one with the movie theme. My Tron has also great music in it, but not that immersive sounds. Most of my other games have humor in it (Elvira, Ghostbuster, Indiana Jones, even Mando). Alien does not have that, and that is a good thing.

#8190 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

This is what I did, TPU wedges and switch covers. Still a work in progress but I believe it increases catches although mine works pretty good anyway.[quoted image]

Can you share the STL file or can I find that somewhere?

#8238 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I like the hypersleep mod. Mind me asking where you got that from?

3d template for this is on thingiverse so get it 3d printed and then apply your own magic to it. I am working on mine right now.

1 week later
#8434 1 year ago

The mystery is also not really a mystery, in the mode you always get more time. Wonder if this is a setting?
For now my strategy is to shoot the mystery only if not in a mode.

#8476 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Also noticed when hitting the right "ramp" the ball flies over the wire form and back onto the playfield.

I had that problem, bended the start of the ramp, there are 2 rods that you can bend up a bit. In that way the ball is forced down, I tried tape, foam, even 3d printed parts, but this is the best for me now. It;s 100% now. Do not bend it up to much because then the ball will get stuck between the ramp and the top of the scoop.

#8616 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

I wish they didn't have the technical problems they do, because I've had my eye on getting one since I love the Alien franchise.

Owning an LV for 2 months I had some things to dail in. But no serious problems. Nothong other than my Stern Mandalorian or Black knight both NiB. Issues I had were cosmetic and solved by Pinball Brothers without any problems. Great service.

#8661 1 year ago

I did adjust the flipper leafs just a bit so they have no 'air' so there is direct contact. I also put fans on my coils to cool them down. And I like modding this thing.

20220720_224750 (resized).jpg20220720_224750 (resized).jpg
#8710 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Made some progress on the PnP Extended Play Coil Cooler kit... This game gets hot.
[quoted image]

First I also printed 3d part but now I found fans that fit directly on the coil. Very nice, 5v, running via USB. Check on Aliexpress
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004043076646.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.309679d2kkWbMq&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

20220529_135306 (resized).jpg20220529_135306 (resized).jpg20220529_135310 (resized).jpg20220529_135310 (resized).jpg20220529_135315 (resized).jpg20220529_135315 (resized).jpg20220529_135333 (resized).jpg20220529_135333 (resized).jpg
#8729 1 year ago

The fans do indeed clam around the coil. Never had problems with it. You can use adhesive heat tape if needed. I power all mods to a seperate power supply which i connected to the power switch. I did all these on 5v and usb adapter. I used a 2.1A version. Noise level is ok as long as the cabinet is closed you do not hear them. Open the coindoor you can hear them but not so loud as the Stern ones in the backbox.

2 weeks later
#9070 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

As for the pop bumpers, the black plastic rings get stuck down sometimes so the switches don't register.

I had the same issue with the lowest popbumper. Almost no action. Very hard in mode like derelict ship. Had to take it apart and stretched the spring. Way better now.

#9234 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Well 7 years, 9 months, and 24 days after initially placing my deposit... my Alien LE is finally here. Only had time to play a few games but everything appears to operate 100% out of the box which is a big relief.
Only feedback I would give is about the packaging. I'm not sure how this thing made it from Europe to my house without any damage but by blind luck. The FedEx guy actually wouldn't leave and told me I should open it because of how banged up the box was.

What do you expect, it was 7 years underway

#9326 1 year ago

Have some stern NIB, also with issues. Playfield on Ghostbusters, nodeboard on Jurassic Park, topper on Black Knight, and always issues with little things dailing in. Took hours to get Mando playing right. Also GNR was not without issues. So I do not think there is any out of the box experience complete without issues. Alien had had some but all taken care by support or myself.

2 weeks later
#9721 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Alien LV was on mine. It arrived and it’s gone already. I’m out! Really loved the theme and really wanted to love the game but it just didn’t give me that one more play feeling. Too frustrating with sling sling drain and all these issues were just too much for me. Happy Alien killing everyone I’ve bought SWLE and am much happier.

You need to dail it in! Mine is awesome. I really like it and it has the one more play. Star Wars LE is great but kick my but always. Talking about frustrating machines but getting the 3 balls in the hyperloop is awesome.

1 week later
#9891 1 year ago

I added two led strips to the computer USB output and got errors, freezing screen etc. Unplugged the leds and all was fine. That and the fact that I power all my mods from a seperate power source just connected after the main switch gives me enough rest that nothing can harm the machine.

So now running 2 ledstrips, 4 coil fans and 1 mod on its own powersource.
Will be working on more lights in the future.

#9898 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Any ideas why mine doesn't get these errors using the PC USB outputs and yours does?

Do not know, I used the two on top, which I later learned was also used for updates. So maybe that has soemthing to do with it. I first had just one ledstrip of around 1m, around 3 feet.
That was ok but then I added another one. But that led to black screens and lock-ups.

1 week later
#10046 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

four coats of krylon crystal clear and this thing is glossy. Not sure how much the pictures do it justice but let me know what you think. (before and after)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need to do that, looks awesome

#10057 1 year ago

Did the clearcoat on the head today. Just needs some polish once dry. Also added my 3d printed Cheyenne.

20220918_193126 (resized).jpg20220918_193126 (resized).jpg20220918_193134 (resized).jpg20220918_193134 (resized).jpg
#10059 1 year ago

Did also do 4 coats but maybe different paint. Used high gloss clear, had that laying around.

#10075 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

The ship looks awesome! How did you mount it? Also you need to paint that bugger up

The ship is mounted via a steel wire. Just drilled a smal hole in the underside and attached the wire with a screw, the ship is airbrusched dark green with silver accents but that just does not show in the dark environment of space.

#10077 1 year ago

Hope they also code the lighted targets, still strange that not all are coded while the led is there.

#10191 1 year ago

The LV beacons are these on 5v? Is see the two connectors but hard to measure since the test only flashes the beacons not run them continuously.

#10193 1 year ago

That would like a good solution and perfect spot for a chestbuster

20220925_204404 (resized).jpg20220925_204404 (resized).jpg
#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

I am having issues with my main display on my SV not going to the blue screen at startup. It takes 3-4 restarts to get it to come on. The code screen comes up and the PB logo comes up but then black screen. Game plays with screen blacked out and the small display above the airlock works currently. It seems to be getting worse and I fear it will become permanent!
Anyone else having the issue/have a solution for it?

I have this also. The first screens are ok but when the planet needs to appear it is just black, the small screen is working. Full power reset solves this. Wonder if this is just a cheap HDMI cable so that the HDMI handshake is not going correct. The first images to appear will not have that issue since these are boot system images with no HDMI encryption. I used to have a beamer with that problem. Maybe I will try a new cable if things get worse.

Still running 2.7 here, waiting on 3.0

#10311 1 year ago

LV with new translite, looks great. Easy to swap them. Keeps the game fresh. Thanks KJS.

20221002_230305 (resized).jpg20221002_230305 (resized).jpg20221002_230649 (resized).jpg20221002_230649 (resized).jpg

#10315 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How did you light yours? Looks great

I always put a powerstrip in my machine, connect it after the switch so it turns on when you turn on the machine. I now put in powerstrips with USB ports to light all 5V mods. That keeps things clean and independent from the power of the machine. I just bought a cheap LED strip with color controller. And attached it to the side of the whole backbox, also below to light up the artwork on the backglass. Easy to do, great effect.

#10327 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is there a reason that no one is using power from the unused 12v connector on the board itself to power leds for the translite mod?
https://mezelmods.com/products/alien-pb-pinball-power-adapter

I just do not like drawing power from the machine. I like my mods independent. Do this not only on Alien but also my Stern machines. Just do not want mods to cause any issues. Adding a seperate power strip in each machine is some work but in the end for me the way to go.

#10387 1 year ago
Quoted from galactic_foxes:

Hey everyone, I just bought Alien as my first machine and have a couple issues with the game, and I'm interested to hear if others have experienced this and if so how you went about fixing them.
First issue, the bottom egg pop bumper doesn't seem to react if hit directly from the top, is this intentional? This causes the egg modes to be a lot more challenging as the ball often comes in and drops down on that bumper and rolls right down, but from the side of the bumper I have seen it react.
Second issue: The airlock shoots very close to the middle of the flippers/at the end of the left flipper, whereas it should be shooting closer to the left edge of the left flipper, how can I go about fixing this? Should I put in a ticket? Also, is it normal for a little bit of ball rattling when the ball first drops into the airlock?
Thanks in advance!

About the first issue, I had the same problem. I ended up taking the pop bumper appart and strechting the spring inside. Much better afterwards.

#10573 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Very frustrating! I love my aliens from pinball bros and had an orginal also but I like bros better and don’t miss the screen but stuff like this is ridiculous,what else could that set screw be hell it could be some umbraco exotic bolt folks here have never seen or heard of.

Hmm, and I thought the imperial stuff on Stern and JJP was exotic. It depends one which side of the pond you are....anyway get tools for both systems.

#10620 1 year ago

So here are some pictures of the light strip for the backglass. I just put 2,but you can also use 1 if long enough. Mine are powered by an independent powerstrip I added just after the switch. All is USB 5v. I also 3d printed some mounts for the second tranlite so I can swapp easily. I detached the original ledstrip behind it. Also printed some plates to make all black inside, but you could use black paper for that.

20221015_105056 (resized).jpg20221015_105056 (resized).jpg20221015_105113 (resized).jpg20221015_105113 (resized).jpg20221015_105725 (resized).jpg20221015_105725 (resized).jpg
#10630 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The connection will be fine. However, I would suggest crimping a fork lug on and connecting it directly to the power supply instead of splicing it there.

I did the same. Added a powerstrip with 2 usb ports. Use these to run almost all my mods.

#10639 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

For those of you wanting to improve magnet grab functionality there might be a cheap fix. If you go to pinball life website and search game specific parts, the Alice Coopers Nightmare castle magnet discs fit perfectly on the magnets for Alien.
Ever since I tried one of these discs on the magna-save fix for Alice Cooper I bought a bunch of the sticky plastic discs and put them in all my machines. Just loosen the big nut under the playfield, take a big flathead and turn the magnet core counterclockwise to lower the magnet about 1/8”, stick the disc on and adjust the core until the top of disc sits flat on the playfield, retighten the big nut while holding the core in place with the screwdriver and you’re done.
There’s a paper backing for the adhesive and a thin clear protective peel off layer on the top side of the discs. If the disc isn’t clear then the top plastic needs to be peeled off.
Not only do they improve magnet performance but protects the metal from getting dented up over time. You’re welcome in advance.

Trying to figure out what the science is behind this solution. Adding plastic between the magnet and the ball does nothing regarding the magnet tension?
And I have a playfield protector installed, is that the same then, as this also puts a layer between the magnet core and the ball?

#10659 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

How is your Xeno grab with the playfield protector?

I would say 60%. But still on 2.7.
And added some damping on the targets. Do not know if that works.

#10694 1 year ago
Quoted from Welke336:

Where can I get the alternate 2d backglass for alien at?

check Kurt on this thread
or send him a PM, maybe has some left. KJS

#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Not sure if worked or was resolved about the mezel mod splitter, installed some mezel mods used there power adapter, hypersleep chamber, fire scoop, and acp target just some leds, game seems funky now, I have the LV.
Hyper lock not working to lift up to release balls
Back light not working
It ball searches
I thought I read back that the adaptor from mezel wasn’t working on the LV or something to that extent, anyways is that the problem?? Tying into the back screen as per mezel with the splitter?
Any info appreciated before I take the splitter out and return to factory and find new tie in spot if that’s the issue, just weird that’s the only thing I changed lol, so starting there haha
Cheers

I added a led strip and used the connection on top of the lcd screen. Was ok. I added a second and things just went out. So did a separate powerstrip just after the main switch. All mods working fine, machine is working fine.

#10782 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Very intrigued by this game. I got to play the LV and really liked it. At this point, it seems like the majority of people are having issues with the game. Is that a fair statement?

Minor issues all solvable. I do agree that if you want a pinball machine with no issues you should rent one. Even sterns have issues. So do get yourself familiar with some testing and solving once you get in the hobby. If you feel confident about your skills, do get an alien LV. Service is top. All mayor things can be solved. Forum is here to help. Great guys in here.

#10791 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For the record I’m perfectly comfortable making minor repairs and adjustments. I don’t consider a broken solder joint or a bad switch an issue. Those types of things come with the territory. Hell I own a JJPGNR which requires more care than anything I’ve ever owned. I’m more concerned with games being shipped with bad boards or having code that reboots or shuts down occasionally. Those kinds of things are pains in the ass and I’m happy to wait til PB sorts them all out.
Luckily it seems like those types of issues are not as widespread as they appear from reading this forum

Ok marine, buckle up then for some wild adventure. You will not regret this.

#10831 1 year ago

We got 30 ratings so this will be included in next week top 100.

#10846 1 year ago

We did it, we beat the system......hahahaha

No really this is just a great game! Not bad for a human

#10909 1 year ago

Agree there are some pretty pathetic people on pinside. I do care about my ratings and think have a balanced view. But I got flagged several times, why? Can't they stand it I like a game. This is not an objective rating all these ratings are subjective. Anyway, I just go and play and enjoy and have huge fun with my Alien.

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Looks like the GZ owners are coming out of the woodwork to drive Alien's rating back down with bad reviews. The latest ones are in the 2-4 range. What almost all seem to have in common is that they are GZ owners.
When you rate a game like Alien that low, it is ridiculously obvious what the motive is. My guess is most of these people played it once or twice at an expo or have never played it at all.

Yep and suddenly they all have played the LV. While there are only few of them out there and probably very limited out in the wild.

#11004 1 year ago

Well the trolls had their win, Alien on number 50 op top 100. Even the LV scores lower than the standard. Since they all left thier shitty ratings on the LV. That shows how bad this system is. I would not like to do this but if we could get 50 people to just bash godzilla with a low rating, that would be fun, just for fun sakes
Meanwhile the LV is now eternaly marked with shitty reviews and will never get anywhere the top 10.

#11007 1 year ago

You are off course right, but it just seems so unfair that these bullies always get their way over normal honost people. They just thrashed the system which can not be changed anymore. Maybe I am getting to old for this shit, I do not need this in my life. I also do not understand why I get so upset by this. I should not care so much about it....

#11018 1 year ago

I just posted a review on the SV, and since this system is broke I just gave it a 10. Maybe everybody who did not yet review the SV could do that, see where Alien ends up next week. The LV rating is lost. Just to show the system is completely broken. With 114 ratings we should get it up a few places ones a set of 10's come in. Come on Marines, let's start this bug hunt

1 week later
#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Does hitting the Alien target cause mostly airballs for anyone else? Also, the right ramp…doesn't always keep the ball. Sometimes it is a launch….

I tried bending the rails but finally ended up printing a deflector for that.

20221004_112448 (resized).jpg20221004_112448 (resized).jpg
#11201 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

If there is a 3d file for this, please post.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5636141

Use it, print it, share it, DO NOT Sell it!

#11204 1 year ago

The 17.5K euro James Bond LE will also dimple. Sorry to bring you this. Any dark color playfield will also increase the effect of dimples.

3 weeks later
#11552 1 year ago

Love mine, beacons @ work

20221212_205605 (resized).jpg20221212_205605 (resized).jpg20221212_205608 (resized).jpg20221212_205608 (resized).jpg
#11554 1 year ago

Just to tease

#11574 1 year ago
Quoted from Salty:

Where did you get that bacta tank mod?

I made it myself. Bacta You are too much in Star Wars...this is a containment unit. Bacta is used to speed up healing and treat major injuries. These are to keep the species contained, we do not want these to get out.......

#11742 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

but a little nervous purchasing from a European company that’s new.

I think you are better off with a european company. We have 2 years of warranty here in Europe, mandatory. Do not know if that also counts for US customers. Again Service is top notch no issues there. I think we are moving to a stable situation right now with all coded. So wonder If we see so much issues in the future. Just to say, Stern and Spooky also sell you a machine with limited, missing and broken code so this is not a new thing.

#11821 1 year ago

Yes keep it steep or otherwise it will be a floaty machine! If you want it fast playing and still making all shots, 7 or more is the way to go.

#11912 1 year ago

Huh, I did the update via the USB in the monitor on top??

#12027 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

On powering up, the screen will initially display the PB logo and will then show the serial console as the machine's computer boots. The issue seems to occur when the computer switches to graphics mode - possibly a HDMI handshake issue between the graphics driver and the main monitor (the PF screen is unaffected).
Yes the game will run as per normal, except that the main screen is off.

That's what I expect happens with these black screens. Wonder if a better hdmi cable would solve this issue?

1 week later
#12283 1 year ago

Updated tonight, went ok, LV Xeno is much more quiet. Shaker not yet, just shorter. But won't bother me that much. About 2 stage flippers, it works but the right flipper the above flipperbat goes first and then the below. I woudl like that reversed to make the ramp shot from the right flipper without blocking it with the other flipperbat. Is that fixable? do I need to rewire the switch?

2 weeks later
#12655 1 year ago

Well I could print one for you but since I am in Europe costs for sending this is around $12.

#12660 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I saw this as well, but in the comments, it seems the holes don't line up? IDK, I don't have my LV yet, but I do have a printer, and already printing some toys for it..I am wondering what you would sell those test tubes w/ huggers for? (those are cool). [quoted image]

I created that ramp diverter and is perfect. I have an LV. To make sure the holes align you can always measure your situation and make it fit in your slicer by increasing or decreasing the model. It is easy. You need to extend the screws. See picture.

16745877294818707898976382025599 (resized).jpg16745877294818707898976382025599 (resized).jpg
#12676 1 year ago

After numerous requests to build the Facehugger Stasis Chamber mod for people I decided to start a small run with a friend. I hestitated to do at first because of the huge amount of work to get the quality I myself would like to see. I created a separate page for an Alien Stasis Chamber mod we created. We have few of them to sell. Please visit this page if interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-facehugger-statis-chamber-mod-this-thing-bled-acid

20230125_173424 (resized).jpg20230125_173424 (resized).jpg
#12694 1 year ago

Catching these little buggers is getting me nervous.....some are trying to escape

20230126_131050 (resized).jpg20230126_131050 (resized).jpg

#12741 1 year ago

Catching some facehuggers

#12761 1 year ago

Yes, let me know I can adjust the one on thingiverse. Do not know how this happened. That is the joy of 3d printing
I will check the one in my machine.

#12792 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I think he was just messin' around..if not, I'm not losing sleep..Just played an hour on Alien, MM, and Mando..it's crazy how easy Mando is, after owning and playing Alien..makes me appreciate my diversity of pins even more. (I have a lot more than 3).

It's crazy that Alien for me is much easier than Mando. That upper playfield and all shots are half way on the field, it is killing my progress. For some reason I can find all shots on Alien and get decent scores each time. I rater play Alien than Mando right now.

2 months later
#13717 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Was hoping for something more in depth. Having read a bunch on this post, there seem to be some opinions on differences in play and perhaps other features?
I’ve enjoyed playing it at my local place and thinking of getting one - so looking to gather insights. Thanks!

You have already made your descision, only talking about this will end up in owning a LV. This is inevitable. When in doubt and you have the means...go LV...you will not regret it.

1 week later
#13802 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Apron mod and side/back switched to blue led's.
[quoted image]

How does that work, switching the leds in the side blades? Is that a standard ledstrip?

#13852 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Side blade led's swapped with blue. Also added dimmers. Backboard led's swapped with blue without dimmer yet. It is not a standard size. I can send some pics of the original led strip and the new one when I get back into town, but I think you would need something around the 3.5 mm-4 mm range. Sometimes referred to as micro.

any specs of the ledstrip used? Is that 3mm with ws2812B leds?
Pics are greatly appreciated.

1 month later
#14101 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New owner… are there no jackpot / super jackpot callouts?

In space no one can hear your jackpot

1 week later
#14159 9 months ago

I had the same issue on my LV. I has a small ledstrip which worked fine, then did another one and got hick-ups. The ones below playfield are better. But I like all led strips and mods to run on a seperate source. So I always install a powerstrip (with USB ports) right after the on switch so it turns on when you turn on the machine. I also do this with all my Stern machines. This way you will never get into trouble. Your mods are completely seperated and you can run 100 meter of led strips light it up so they can see it on LV426

1 week later
#14217 9 months ago

Look I do not know the difference in price between the SV and the LV. For me since I only have a small collection, LE,LV,CE is always the way to go.
Now I can not look in each wallet so do not know each personal situation. But for me the powdercoated alien sides, the whole art package, the beacons, the side lighted blades, the extra eggs, the shaker, the dogtag, this is a no brainer. If you have a dime to spare and the price inscrease will not buy you a steak less, go LV, you will not regret it.

#14241 9 months ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I've already replaced all 4 flipper springs. Two of them I actually used drop target springs which were the same size but double looped on the end to hopefully prevent breakage. Giving that a shot for a while.
[quoted image]

Get some fans on those coils. Works great for me. Either buy something or DIY. There is some DIY option with cheap Aliexpress fans here in the topic.

1 week later
#14308 8 months ago

Those mini beacons are great. Just put 5v on them and you are ok. If you use the LV beacons to trigger them, you can piggyback but you must lower voltage from 8v to 5v.

#14310 8 months ago

Right ramp ball fly-off....no issue anymore

20230226_102606 (resized).jpg20230226_102606 (resized).jpg
#14312 8 months ago

Designed it myself

#14323 8 months ago

Ok, ok, we will be working on the ramp fix. Alien Deflector. I have the one as is now but we wanted to improve it just a bit, get some more Alien feel in it.
We will open a seperate topic for the list. We are still working on last batch Alien Stasis Chamber mods, so these will be finalized soon.
Keep you posted once the topic goes live. I will already put all replied here on the list. Thanks for the support, again. We like making these great mods that improve our Alien machine and our Alien world.......not bad for a human.......

#14324 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

no love for a better left ramp!
sad trombone. I guess I will come back once I have a prototype and might gather more interest.

Keep going, maybe you have a better solution...

#14339 8 months ago

I have the LV and my Beacons are not 12v but 8v. So I do not know what you measured? There is just power on these, not data signal. So just on/off. So there is only 8V on it when the beacons are on.

#14341 8 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Do you happen to know where the data comes for the beacons which is what I'd really like to know?

I do not know where the LV box is powered from and gets it's data, I could take a look once at home.

#14355 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

If you have 8V somewhere it’s broken. Only 5V, 12V and 48V are used, afaik.

Well that has to be 12v then. Which I downgrade to 5v.

1689024017885339596358091072858 (resized).jpg1689024017885339596358091072858 (resized).jpg
#14358 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

What board is that?

That is called a Buck Converter. You can buy them cheap in China $3 or on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Converter-DROK-Transformer-Regulator-Stabilizer/dp/B00JUFJ1GA

With a key press you can alter the output voltage, I put mine on 4.7v for the signals since they turn just a bit slower then.

#14368 8 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I was finally able to setup the top beacons on my SV utilising the games hardware and latest firmware thanks to Mageek!
Here's a quick video of the results including some seperate small playfield beacons activated by a photelectric switch under the Extra Ball lamp.

So then in attract mode these will always be running?

#14371 8 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

No the large beacons will not always be running in attract mode. They will be running exaclty the same as an LV.

I was refering to the small ones on the playfield.

1 week later
#14403 8 months ago

Sorry but I have not seen any black screens on startup since firmware .71 and update 3.2. Min eplays great, nice fast machine all shots can be made. Put some fans on those coils, I just did some DIY versions that work great.

#14417 8 months ago

I have mine now for a year and not going to leave any time soon. First out is a Stern on my side. Still huge value for money. Awesome theme and immersion. But play it first and find out yourself.

1 week later
#14460 7 months ago

So our deflector mod is ready. Not only does it look cool, it also ensures the ball not flying of the right wireframe. So we wanted something special fitting this awesome machine. I also wanted to highlight the Weyland and Yutani ramp. So all know what to shoot for to qualify for the mode. It is lighted with RGB leds so can be set to fit your own theme. In real these look awesome and work great.

For more information see our post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-deflector-mod-dodge-that-ball#post-7700188

1 week later
#14493 7 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

What’s a good external power supply for our pinball brothers Alien machine. I’ve been advice not to use the four plug-ins on the box in Alien recommend using external power supply for any mods. Let me know

Just get any powerstrip. I have one with usb ports included. Cut off the plug and attach the wires right after the powerbuton on the bottom of the cabinet. This way when you power uur machine you power that strip. On aline it was easy to do, stern is a bit more work.
Just unplug your machine before get to work.

1 week later
#14539 7 months ago

Go for the LV, if you do not like the lighted sideblades and beacons just disconnect them and you have an SV. But you still have the awesome sidearmour, dogtags and translite. The experience is out of this world anyway.....

#14549 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What are the beacons? Those arent the topper lights?

Yes.
And the translite in the LV is really nice in real.

2 weeks later
#14692 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed this post regarding powering led strips. Looking to power my led strips via usb.
Where does something like this plug into? I would like to have it so that everything turns on automatically when the game is turned on.
Is it really bad to connect to the USB ports in the cabinet? Yes, I am aware of the differences of opinions on this. I did not want to plug into the CPU on the back box but rather one of the ones in the cabinet.

I had no issues with the usb in the cabinet but would suggest an separate powersupply. The one on the monitor I would not use.

1 week later
#14784 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Where do I get the 3D Hypersleep Chamber mod?

I like mine more than that mezel mods one.....just get creative...

20230226_102556 (resized).jpg20230226_102556 (resized).jpg
#14791 6 months ago

Yes that file and some imagination. Hope to see some awesome hypersleep chambers.

#14799 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Booo, I dont have a 3d printer

There are some good print shops on the internet. I used shapeways previously. Now that may be a bit more expensive but the model is guaranteed and no hustle with your own printer. Just use regular white PLA I think that is the cheapest option with them.

#14840 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

After loving Queen as much as I do, I'm seriously contemplating getting an Alien LV...you guys are all still loving yours?

I just played my LV and cant understand why this is no top 10 machine. Those godzilla fanboys hit it in the past with low ratings. Anyway. I have mine over a year als still love it. Really great machine, will never leave my collection.

#14861 6 months ago

So we started our production of Alien Deflector mods. These will make sure the ball stays on the right ramp and does not fly on the playfield. Next to that, it looks so cool in reallife and it will indicate which ramp is Yutani and which one is Weyland.

Follow this specific topic on our progress.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-deflector-mod-dodge-that-ball

#14869 6 months ago

This dragged it into the trenches.....
Wonder if some of these are real users

Screenshot 2023-09-27 144933 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-09-27 144933 (resized).png

1 week later
#14952 5 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got my LV today, and this may be a stupid question, but did you all get apron cards in your box, or were they somewhere else in the game? I can't find them anywhere.
(And I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go...like why does the ball get trapped in a notch on the side of the shooter lane?)

For anything do reach out to PB service those guys are great.

1 week later
#15092 5 months ago

As I see it. This is a replacement for SV, not LV. Lv was limited to 1000. With beacons, powdercoating, shaker, lighted artblades, etc
Looks like only a new translite, apron artblades and art package. All that other stuff will be available at a premium.proce from lior. But we will wait and see...

#15459 5 months ago

Where do you get one in europe? Only pbusa seems to be the webshop?

#15610 5 months ago

Ok will try to post a video. Just talked to the software Engineer. There will be a lot of new video footage. Ripley is in there, almost each mode and attract mode. The flasher in the back is always on in attract mode and while playing a mode. The lower left flasher is on the spinner. The right side is coded for hypersleep etc. Some flasher still need to be coded.

16977604137915655819477711762778 (resized).jpg16977604137915655819477711762778 (resized).jpg
#15622 5 months ago

The flasher kit does NOT come with the ER edition.

#15703 5 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Ripely is in!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes I posted those pictures, there is also a real nice mystery award now. With Ripley and the tree scene

20231021_103346 (resized).jpg20231021_103346 (resized).jpg
#15737 5 months ago

Some more crappy pictures from my phone. This looks awesome in real.

20231021_222208 (resized).jpg20231021_222208 (resized).jpg20231021_222214 (resized).jpg20231021_222214 (resized).jpg20231021_222218 (resized).jpg20231021_222218 (resized).jpg20231021_222232 (resized).jpg20231021_222232 (resized).jpg20231021_222237 (resized).jpg20231021_222237 (resized).jpg20231021_222249 (resized).jpg20231021_222249 (resized).jpg20231021_222255 (resized).jpg20231021_222255 (resized).jpg20231021_222345 (resized).jpg20231021_222345 (resized).jpg
#15750 5 months ago

The additional apron, LCD frame and painting of the Xeno are nice, but not worth the money to add on your LV. I do think there are better and more accurate versions of the airlock out there, especially the color.
I clearcoated my Xeno with extra glossy paint and looks very nice, wet effect. Most owners with the interactive apron will not trade that for a decal. The decal is btw very nice done, the print has some depth. So, if anybody wants to add it, it is possible.

#15793 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry for blowing up the thread this mornign... lots of energy today!
For the flasher kit, perhaps someone can answer this.. The top right flasher seems to turn on and stay on while a mode is running. Did they change the beacon behavior to match that flasher? Meaning, do the beacons turn on now when a mode is started?

Do not know since the ER version shown on the floor did not have any beacons on top, and the LV there did not have the kit in it. But I do not expect that behavior.

1 week later
#15907 4 months ago

Look the topper looks nice, not great, but nice. 1400 dollar is a huge amount for plastic toy on top when you think you need this, just buy it. If no real need, just wait and see.

#15948 4 months ago

As already said be very carefull woth the wire forms. These are very delicate. Talking from experience.....

#16016 4 months ago

I got all of them, but like this one in my LV.

20221124_203917 (resized).jpg20221124_203917 (resized).jpg

#16110 4 months ago

Lv 436 here and very happy. I love my beacons, sideblades, side armor, invisiglass and shaker. Off course all can be added but still, lovemy LV. ER version is nice the mods are nice but can be bought so not really a thing. Hope ER sells well. The more the better the code will be......

#16129 4 months ago

I played the original many times, friend of mine had one, mostly for repairs Lot of issues. I could have bought thta for 5k but kept far away from that machine. Personally I do not really care for the screen. I do not think the current sentry guns on thatnplace look great, but not all can be A+. I really hated the Heighway cabinet and siderails, maybe my hands are not fit for that but they hurt.

1 week later
#16266 4 months ago
Quoted from argon:

I have had many of the target issues mentioned in this thread. For me they all come from lateral movement of the target assembly. That movement can break the microswitch and it can move the targets sideways so that they interfere with the opening of the Xeno mouth or the smooth orbit by the weapon target 5.
For the Xeno targets, I 3D printed the spacer in the attached image which holds them all vertically and prevents lateral movement and the loosening of the screws.
The idea came from someone posting a similar spacer for the weapons targets on Thingiverse. I recommend that one as well.
I was planning on building a new target pcb that has the same connector, rgb led, but adds lateral support and connectors for a leaf switch. The above spacers have worked so well, that I have yet to do that, although I think it will still improve it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

a nice, are you sharing this STL? I could not find anything on thngiverse.

3 weeks later
#16903 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Make sure all you new Alien Ripley people get your votes in for the game. Although I am reasonably satisfied with the game sitting at #35 I do think it could stand to be a few positions higher and be appropriate.

There have been some serious downvotes the week alien hit nr. 1 spot. Next week it was at nr.50. The stern army came in and godzilla got back on top.....
I think it will never properly recover from that....although it deserves a higher place even.

1 week later
#17107 88 days ago

Loving my own Ripley Version

17040256420724014578284968588652 (resized).jpg17040256420724014578284968588652 (resized).jpg1704025663347762480401618818510 (resized).jpg1704025663347762480401618818510 (resized).jpg
#17112 88 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

but youre missing the twins on that Godfather. Trust me. the knockers are dope.
as for Alien, no resets for you in the new code??

Godfather is here for a stay over. Yes missing the topper. But for the LE you only have 1 knocker I think. The double knockers are only for the CE. And I am not ready to send that money...

As for black screens only once on new code. Right the first time. Since then no issues.

2 months later
#18364 6 days ago

5 sets deflector kits RV ready for shipping.

20240322_171605 (resized).jpg20240322_171605 (resized).jpg
#18372 6 days ago

Wife acceptance factor

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=peterg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.