image (resized).jpg
84A4D2B9-67C6-4946-ACF3-73C2D6644D11 (resized).jpeg
FAF97A31-35D3-42FC-8B02-27053B6568B8 (resized).jpeg
C054C576-80E4-49BF-B4CA-50AFD88243CA (resized).jpeg
0DE1CFE3-B459-4DC7-9877-05EBF5D73EC9 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (10 months ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (7 months ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#937 12 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

What a mess that has been...almost 2 years ago I saw it and played it in Houston...
I dont need a PF screen. I can think of 5-6 other items to justify the 2k more..
This was a dream pin for many and that came true...LOL.
Hoping my other dream pin comes true-----The one who guesses it right get's a steak dinner at TPF.. Let's roll.

I think you mean 3 years ago..lol...I was at

Quoted from greenhornet:

how long before they are considered overdue ?
maybe we should put newt in charge.

Such a great scene...

2 weeks later
#1076 11 months ago

I sent her my new address to deliver the game to and no response from Melissa either..

2 weeks later
#1408 10 months ago

Any news on the second shipment arriving to the US yet?

#1430 10 months ago

Somewhat of an update from Melissa at Cointaker on the second container delivering more first quarter games that people already paid their invoices on....

melissa cointaker.com
11:50 AM (37 minutes ago)
to me

hoping in 2-3 weeks…they are being loaded on container next week from what I hear…was supposed to happen already but container shortages

#1463 10 months ago

Has anyone done the pinstadium NEOs on their new game yet? Thinking about ordering them before it arrives.

1 week later
#1570 10 months ago

Anybody receiving updates on getting their machines? Any new delivery's? Seems like a quiet thread for such a cool machine.

1 week later
#1663 10 months ago

Anybody going to use leg protectors on their alien?

#1673 10 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Let them fix a few more problems. Drop targets and the diverter post at least.

They are already in the container.

#1694 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm very happy to hear that the Pinball Brothers are rocking it when it comes to customer service. This great game deserves it, especially after all it's been through.

I hope they are rocking the already paid for Alien I have coming. I am number 61 on Spookys list to get the new Halloween pin and I suspect I will get that one before Alien at this pace.

#1725 9 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Anybody else in the same "boat" as me .
Paid in full and left wondering where your "shipping June 8th" Alien is.
I did email CT, as i would probably advise others to do, and my email (sent July 20th) was not answered.

Same here. I sent an email June 30th. Melissa responded with this..
hoping in 2-3 weeks…they are being loaded on container next week from what I hear…was supposed to happen already but container shortages

1 week later
#1784 9 months ago

Todays update on the second batch of Quarter one deliveries..

melissa cointaker.com
2:03 PM (1 hour ago)
they are on the water, just waiting for them to hit port

#1786 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So the big question then is..should we contact and order the new switches before we get them?

You might need your machines serial number.

#1793 9 months ago
Quoted from dri:

I just got my shipping notification from CT, no tracking number, but I'm assuming the second container is being distributed?

I hope so. Melissa Emailed me yesterday and said they were on the water..

#1796 9 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

it's either on a boat or they received it .. although i guess its possible to start processing shipping info before they actually have the game.
i am anxiously awaiting my notice .. bought 2 machines yesterday to make up for it .. lol

I am 61st in line on SPooky's new Halloween machine. I am starting to think I will receive that before Alien.lol

#1806 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It was too hard! Shots are so tight on that game that I could never nail the orbits or ramps anywhere near consistently. My friends that come over and play couldn't either. But, like me they loved the co-op mode and music, art, animations and sheer awesomeness of the haunted world under glass and atmosphere that it has. Also, best upper playfield in pinball! After 18 months, no noticeable dimples on the playfield! Shit, I'm already regretting selling it now!

Perfectly describes ACNC.

1 week later
#1848 9 months ago

Ripley : How long after Alien Pinball machine declared overdue can we expect a rescue?

Corporal Hicks : [pause] Seventeen days.

Private Hudson : Seventeen *days*? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!

ripley (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1925 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Same here on the MUTHER kickout, no flying balls but don't get a nice feed to the flipper. I have reported it to Cato also and he says they are working on a fix for it.
My drop targets have been perfect since I unboxed the game. I know that HurryUpPinball had an issue with them on one of his streams but he said he fixed them also.
On a higher note, my machine is sitting on a cart right now. I have just sent all the armor out for powder coating and when I get it back I'll post the pics of the color I went with, it's going to look great!
[quoted image]

I saw one guy changed out those cheap plastic leg protectors to the metal ones.
Who do you use for powder coating?

#2026 9 months ago

Has anybody gotten an update on there delivery recently? I was told almost 30 days ago they were on the water.

#2032 9 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

That last line in the tracking now says:
Delivery
SUNBURY
8/24/2021 12:00:00 AM
And yeah I will probably reload it 20 more times today..

Does that mean they are still stuck in customs from the 19th?

#2058 8 months ago

I just got my shipping notification to this morning.

They have my old address though..

#2068 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmmm..the prices went up

Cointaker has not adjusted prices on their website yet.

#2103 8 months ago

Looks like I get my Alien delivered Monday! Finally!

#2108 8 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Did fed ex contact you?

Yes, They set up delivery through email 9-11 Monday morning.

#2109 8 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes, They set up delivery through email 9-11 Monday morning.

And I was last on the 1st Quarter list number 50 I think.

#2117 8 months ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I have owned my Alien for close to two months and while I really enjoy the game, there are a bunch of games on the horizon so after spending some time with Alien, I have decided to list it for sale. I got mine in June and it plays 100%. I added wide body voodoo glass, Titans, swapped out the gen 2 skinny stand ups for Williams 3d targets, and completed many of the fixes outlined in this thread. It currently has 126 plays. Current code is 2.2. I am looking for a cash only / local deal. I am not looking to ship the pin at this time. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Pinside Ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119691
Here is a link to my most recent stream of Alien:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't leave! We need your videos to help dial this bad boy in!

#2127 8 months ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m in on one of these games and super excited about it! The first and second movies are my favorite. This will be awesome

I am watching Alien right now because mine gets delivered Monday!

#2141 8 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Anyone here had this issue near their slingshots?
Appears to be pooling and i'm concerned...
[quoted image]

I really don't understand why this happens.

I SprayMax 2K my Pinbot playfield and its held up better than all these new Playfields coming out. 2 years and I still have a perfect playfield and I only let it cure more than 2 weeks after spraying. SMH.

#2165 8 months ago

Has anyone gotten top beacons for this new machine yet?

#2170 8 months ago

Where or how do you get the latest code update?

#2172 8 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You have to submit a ticket to Pinball Brothers asking for the latest Beta code. It's not an official release yet and Cato will send it if you are having the issues that it fixes, like the Muther kickout and Xeno grabbing. At this time V2.2 is the latest official code that is posted on their website

OK. Thanks.

#2177 8 months ago

I hope the lv has a real glass back glass.

#2191 8 months ago

How does CATO keep up? I want to buy him a drink one day. What a superstar.

I think there has been less than 25 machines in peoples hands right now. I have mine coming Tomorrow. I am last in the first batch. Lets see if he can keep it up when 50 to 100 machines are on the ground playing.

#2192 8 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I'm not at the shop to check, but I'm guessing more than most people on this forum thread. Its on location and is played 6 days a week. I'm used to dimples from every manufacturer, it doesn't bother me.

You are the person I want to hear from! Is you location a pay to play everytime or one price free play location.

Has it been reliable? Stuck ball problems? How often are you pulling the glass?

#2205 8 months ago

It has arrived!!!

received_322119932989057 (resized).jpeg
#2212 8 months ago

Had to go to work before starting it up. Only issue so far was bent t molding from head being down tight on rails. It is on both sides.
received_979644969525503 (resized).jpeg

#2218 8 months ago

These pins have weird serial numbers.

#2221 8 months ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Here's a simple question with no correct answer. Let's say you put a deposit down within the last two weeks for "Q3 2021." When do you think it's REALLY going to get here? I figure some of you will that have been following along will be better informed than I. From what I've seen of this thread I'm thinking in reality Q1 2022?

I think the first batch takes the longest. Shipping container shortages and training employees on how to build these first 50. I think you guys will get yours relatively on time now.

#2226 8 months ago

Finally got to play my first 2 games. Works 100 percent. Even the zenomorph caught my ball on the Multiball Ambush mode. Only had to adjust tilt Bob so far.

Game is super dark. I will be getting pinstadiums for sure.

16303793119643086675211805103385 (resized).jpg
#2231 8 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Love to hear it! Do you know what version of code you’re on?

#2232 8 months ago

My coin door lights are not hooked up.
Not even sure where to connect them. Had a few switches stick at the sides of air lock scoop and a zeno swith. Two ambushes since have not caught on magnet, only caught on first game. Flipper buttons are touchy. They activate real easy.

16303830480764875911002256958179 (resized).jpg16303830736882485435608200050423 (resized).jpg16303830963102622717252385145078 (resized).jpg
#2239 8 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

They are plugged in. They only work when you have FREE PLAY turned off. It's going to be fixed in one of the future updates.

Thanks. Never thought they would do something like that..lol

#2240 8 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Nooooooooo! This game is supposed to be dark and scary. If anything it's way to much light. It should come from factory with only half the GI, Tommy blinders and black pinballs, THAT would capture the horrifying and scary experience of the Alien/s movies

I play in the dark in my pinball room. I can't see any of the playfield art and super hard to follow the ball. There are settings for brightness for pinstadiums.

#2241 8 months ago

Turned it on this morning. It booted up fine but left his tongue sitting out. Restared machine and it pulled it back in but hesitated a second halfway up when going back in. And playing blind. No screen.
Rebooted 3rd time and seems fine now.

16304199235705912101084077021173 (resized).jpg

#2254 8 months ago

Does anyone have problems with their back glass not staying lit? Mine lights when it first starts then goes out when playing and never comes back on unless I reboot.And even after reboot goes off almost immediately.

Update. Now has stayed on past first game after the 2.2d update. Let's see how long it stays on.

16305375163345740881314141750988 (resized).jpg

#2255 8 months ago

I updated my game to 22D and it seems like the xeno grabs the ball a little better than 22E. 22E was a vast improvement. One time the magnet grabbed the ball for a split second then released it when the xeno screamed. This was the first time I have noticed that. Pretty cool. Cato has been busy!

Which USB port do you plug into to update? Never mind, found the one at the coindoor opening to work fine.

#2265 8 months ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I am still running the original 2.2 code. The only issue I am still experiencing at this time is the occasional hang up when multiple modes are running at the same time or in a multiplayer game where the ball drains, it registers a drain, but doesn’t kick a new ball into the shooter lane. It is infrequent but does happen. I am almost certain this is related to code and not mechanical. For anyone with 2.2d or 2.2e installed, are you still having hang ups with the new code? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am running D and didn't have any more weird hang ups. You should definitely update.

#2269 8 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Are most people having a lot of issues with this pin? Still on the fence about quality.

Mine have been very minor adjustments. Only pending minor issue I have is sometimes one of the stand up targets sticks a little. They are changing those to a ne gen 2 switch. Don't be scared. Very solid game play.

#2274 8 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Not only is it solid, but any problem I have encountered so far has been a super easy fix. The thing is designed in a way that replacing parts is super easy. I'm used to working on older pinball machines and the design makes it a joy to work on.

Very true. It's engineering is advanced for easy maintenance. It's crazy how simplified it has become compared to other games.

#2294 8 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I dropped a screw today when I was replacing my broken flipper bat and couldn't find it for an hour. I lowered, raised, and shook the playfield, moved wires, and swore. I finally gave up and got another equivalent screw in the garage as much as I didn't want to power on the game without finding where that screw had landed. Lowered the playfield for the final time to turn on the game and the friggin' screw fell out from somewhere. WTH???? I still have no idea where it was.... stuck under the playfield somewhere!!!

I only thought the screw black hole happened to me.lol

Quoted from ElCid95:

Any suggestions on why I get a "unknown update error" when I try to update my game? It came with 2.2 installed and trying to put 2.2D on it.

Do you have the update in a folder and just on the drive not in folder? Is it USB formatted to the right format?

#2296 8 months ago

Any thoughts on when or what art blades fit this cabinet?

#2311 8 months ago

New update has been great for me.

The only issue I have now is occasionally when they ball gets ejected into the shooter lane after being saved it will bounce back into the trough and ends the ball. Seems like that there should be an update on how the machine deals with balls bounced back into trough.

My Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle does that occasionally but recognizes the ball did that and ejects again back into the shooter lane. Other than that game is playing superbly.

#2313 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Turn down the trough kickout coil power in the adjustment menu. I had to do this on the original Aliens pin I'm working on for a local Pinsider.

I have been playing with all the different power settings and then it occasionally does not have enough power to eject out strong enough and falls back in to trough.

Damned if I do damned if I don't. lol I will keep playing with it. I checked for trough plunger coil alignment and its straight.

#2316 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I had the same problem so I 3D printed this thing to help keep the ball from bouncing back into the trough. Original is on the right
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sell them. lol...I will buy one!

#2319 8 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Could you please post the part numbers so i may order from Pin resource in advance of my Alien arriving? Thank you.

Order some pinballs to. The ones that come with it are a little sketch..I also changed out the plastic leg protectors for steel ones and felt protectors.

#2321 8 months ago

Please share where and model numbers of those 3 items.
Good call on the balls for sure....I am rolling now with gold ones ...HAHA
Thanks.

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/felt-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

#2327 8 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

My bet is on the coin door lights are now on in "Free Play" I've asked him for that before and he said in a later release To me it looks like he's fixed pretty much everything else that we early adopters have been asking for. I can't test it because my armor is still out being powder coated and he told me last week he's got COVID-19 so it's delayed until he feels better.
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not playing

I hope the bounce back into trough recognition is added. First mod has to be the ball that gets stuck problem on top of the upper right flipper. Should be easy to solve.

#2333 8 months ago

I added my polk 10 inch woofer with my pinnovators kit and what a difference. Like playing in the pinball in the movie theater experience.

Totally worth it.

#2335 8 months ago

Send us a 60sec video.....

You have to watch the YouTube video on a TV to get any kind of depth to the change.

#2339 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've only had this issue on the airlock. I figured a switch was slightly off but it hasn't happened often enough to look into yet

Same. I usually shake the machine a little and it recognizes it’s in airlock. Happens maybe once a game. Never had it happen in mother.

My right in lane I sometimes have to hit with the ramp 3 times to qualify mode. It’s like the sensor does not always see it drop from the drop ramp.

#2344 8 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

In my case, I'm pretty sure it is not a swift. Wiggling or bumping the machine does nothing. Hitting a flipper always releases the ball when it happens. So weird.... sounds like it is just me.

I might be hitting the flipper to when I bump the machine, the flipper buttons are super sensitive plus I get impatient when something sticks and probably hit flippers while I bump so I wouldn’t rule out flipper activation as the key.

I will pay more attention and give you my results.

#2358 8 months ago

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the stand up target in between the Sleeper ramp and drop ramp that says "recharge" do?

#2360 8 months ago

Fixed my ball bouncing back into the trough occasionally issue. And put the ball in the trough super quiet now. I guess that metal protection on the rail makes the ball shoot back into trough and lots of noise from it.
Loads like silk now.

20210905_205321 (resized).jpg20210905_205333 (resized).jpg
#2362 8 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hmmm... could it be that simple? I'll try something like that and see if it helps.
[quoted image]

And the coil is backed down to minus 40.

#2365 8 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Exactly the same behaviour like at the HW-ALIEN, if a metal sheet for the wood rail is mounted.
Remove it and you have no more issues in that case.
You will get more problems if Cliffy's for the shooter lane are installed.
In combination with the wood rail protector it's nearly unplayable.
Once a ball will reflect into the trough, the CPU will increase coil power in the same way as at the airlock scoop, so it's getting worse.
My recommendations is to decrease coil power for the ball trough, as I said the CPU will increase the coil power automatically if a ball is reflected.

Interesting. It did feel like this game changes on the fly with these coils.

#2367 8 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Even to keep the facehuggers alive, coil power should be reduced to the maximum... Egg-Bumpers as well.
"Egg destroyed" can happen really and it's not funny to repair these damend Data/East-Assies.

Good to know. My Egg pops rock. They should probably be turned down.

#2373 8 months ago

I hope they make plastic protectors soon.

Already have a broken plastic behind the recharge stand up target.

20210906_180302 (resized).jpg
#2387 8 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

In my honest opinion for a machine that costs this much I think these short comings with the build quality are inexcusable! Do they do any tesitng at all or really care at all
?
I think it's utter BS that so many new owners have forked out all this money and had these issues! Broken flippers (WTF), broken plastic parts, having to re do weak playfield parts, code issues, drop down target failures, shooting lane issues (where you have to put in a bit of soft plastic yourself), xenomorph tongue ball pickup issues, having to sand down flipper parts to get flippers to return properly, wires getting shorted on solenoids because they move around, etc, etc.
Are we paying all this money to be their field testers? Why the fk should we have to act as their quality contol? Not good enough PB!
You may argue "oh it's a new machine" and "bugs need to be sorted". Well fine, give us a discount for the lack of inhouse testing. It's not right for the end paying user to cop this lack of build/test quality. If you let the manufacturer(s) get away with this they will walk all over you.
Sometimes I think you guys are so keen for these machines that you allow the manufacturer to get away with it. Not good practice.
If you let manufactures of anything get away with this then we all pay more and get less. It's on the manufacturer to sort these things out before their product goes to market. Not us the customer!
Not happy!

I got a discount. I paid 7777.00 for mine.

Seen the price to buy today?

price (resized).JPG
#2416 8 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm just going to have to disagree with your opinion on this. I mean the forums are full of issues with Stern and JJP machines NIB
Sorry you have had to change that many parts I believe that's an exception rather than the rule, myself I changed the Stand up targets for the V2, they didn't break Cato just sent them, and I changed one of the PCB boards where the opto wasn't working, and that took like 15 mins. Besides that and the multiple code updates that Pinball Brothers has put out to fix the minor annoying issues is it. Right now I believe that this machine is playing a lot more stable than the original version ever has. Just my opinion, like it or not.

Cato has been awesome.

I just asked him for new t-molding strip that got bent in shipping and whenever they can send me gen 2 switches. The game plays great. Sometimes I get a couple stuck stand up switches, no big deal....

He emailed me that he sent out a package with 4 new flipper bats with PB on them, All new stand up targets, t molding. I say I cracked a plastic and he even got that thrown in last minute before it went out.

Top notch customer service.

#2427 8 months ago

You get a piece of past with the new Alien pin.

20210908_075940 (resized).jpg
#2443 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There hasn't been a single other machine in years with half this many issues out of the box. What other machine has required 12 parts+ replaced? Or had this many bugs crashing the game? And on a rerelease of an existing game no less

How much was a Turtle LE again? My Alien was 7777.00

#2446 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm that I experienced the bug where the ball doesn’t release from the scoop unless you press the flipper buttons…..

Me too. Weird bug.

#2470 8 months ago

If the ever made Alien a ride in Orlando.

#2492 8 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Whilst I wait for the new topper...
[quoted image]

I had a Hook and put a colored dmd in it. It really made a difference. Great coloring in animations.

#2495 8 months ago

Has anyone had trouble qualifying the mission on the right Yutani inlane at times?

I sometimes have to hit the right drop ramp several times before the right Yutani lights up to Qualify mission. The left side works fine all the time.

#2501 8 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Did everyone get a confirmation email when they signed up for the fresh desk? I'm trying to submit a ticket but can't get logged on

Nope. It was weird. I think I had to log in through Google verification.

#2514 8 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Not getting a lot of action from my spinners, planning to see if I can make any tweaks to them or the switch arms.
Anyone had to make adjustments also?

My left one is a little hard to spin at times. My ACNC does the same thing.

#2523 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Anyone heard anything on the LV’s?

officially on the 24th I believe.

#2525 8 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

All I need for my SV is the Beacons.... One way or another, I will add them on!

Cant wait for someone to add them and share. It’s in the menu.

#2538 8 months ago

Has anybody hooked up a powered sub to your PB Alien?

Yes. It is fantastic. I posted a video on this thread but it’s camera phone audio so it’s hard to give you the experience.

#2540 8 months ago

Might be cool to incorporate some of these into the game.

They have all sorts of Aliens stuff.

https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mm-fed-caiman.jpg

https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/adventure.html

#2541 8 months ago
Quoted from oliator:

Is there someone the game playing with a playfield protector installed? Wondering if that might be an issue regarding the function of the magnets.

They make them For Alien already?

#2543 8 months ago

Thanks. I ordered it and the plastic protectors since I had one crack already.

See how it turns out.

#2578 8 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

it will say 2.2D or 2.2E. You definitely want to update as soon as possible or you will eventually get frustrating lockups with 2.2. You need to take off the backglass and use one of the two USB ports at the top of the screen. I've been PM'd about some difficulty/misunderstanding about how to remove the backglass, so here is a little video to show how it works. The key is hanging in the coin door.

I updated with a USB inside lower cabinet. You don't have to take off the back glass.

That back glass is a pain in the ass and am not going to take it off much..lol

#2591 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, same here. I thought I was doing it wrong at first

Me too. lol

#2625 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So...there is no shaker in this correct? You wouldn't know it....

No shaker but there is a shaker setting.

#2627 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just mean the bass shakes this thing so much that at times I thought there was indeed a shaker.

Agreed. MY ACNC is hooked up to my subwoofer and has a shaker...I wouldn't even know the shaker was on if it wasn't for my pinstaium neos turn purple when shaker motor activates..

#2645 8 months ago

Alien theme is much better in my opinion. Godzilla layout looks more creative and unique. Tough call. I'm trying to decide between Godzilla Premium or Alien.

You will be able to play Godzilla at ANY location to your heart’s content. Alien not so…That’s why I don’t buy Sterns for my home.

#2647 8 months ago

Good point. I recently played Mando Pro and Premium on location. Also played Turtles, GNR, and a few other Sterns. Decided they were all fun but didn't want to own any of them at current prices. I think what's holding me back at the moment is the reveal of Alien LV. I think the standard version is looks great but I want to see what they bring to the table with the LV, and I already missed out on the lower prices so I have nothing to lose but time at this point.
Anyone think they'll add that playfield screen back on the LV?

I did the dollar lv list at the beginning of the year. So I should have some spot on cointakers list at the lower price. I am not getting the LV now because I got Spooky Pinball Halloween. You can have my lv spot if it’s transferable from cointaker.

#2665 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I don’t think it would be wise for a ball search to activate the trough kicker or you would end up with multiple balls on the playfield whenever a search is performed

It should recognize right away with the trough switch that the ball isn't there and bounced back in and should eject again..That's pretty standard in pinball machines and this one does not do it.

#2667 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Hate to disagree but mine certainly does . That has nothing to do with a ball search.

I understand and agree it should not be part of "Ball Search" But I have had plenty of saved balls not eject out right and the game sits in limbo and just ends up draining the ball.

Your machine might re-kick out a ball when a ball is not activated on the trough switch but mine does not automatically. Maybe because mine does not get registered by the trough because it is stick between eject and trough sensor.

#2668 8 months ago

Are there any cool pin gulps out there for this Alien pin yet?

#2671 8 months ago

I can get to your place in 15 hours....lol

When do you get your pin? I am thinking of inviting some pinsiders to come play mine next month when my Halloween pin arrives.

Thought of doing a pinball Halloween party and Play ACNC, TFTC, Halloween and Alien...

#2683 8 months ago

Did the Pinball Brothers ever say how many LVs would be made?

I am guessing that might be one of the things answered on the 24th.

#2688 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

EHOH would be a better choice.. a bit of a price differene, though

And A Rob Zombie pin...

#2709 8 months ago

This should be fun today.

Playfield protector, 15 plastic protectors, new switches and pinstadiums.
received_149366487319007 (resized).jpeg

#2720 8 months ago
Quoted from AD72:

kciaccio where did you get the playfield protector from?

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/tdg0tgaMYkejcsVCkPZF1w

Came fast too.

#2721 8 months ago

I cant wait to see those boys glowing on the PF. Please post up a video.
Thanks.

Will do!

#2724 8 months ago
Quoted from RussG:

Has anyone installed this yet?
I appreciate the listing and information but I have a few questions please:
Do you have to strip most of the playfield?
There is an adhesive to this?
Even though this is a different material than Mylar can it haze up and does it make the ball behave differently? Thank you so much.

It took me the whole day to install it but I also changed out the stand up target switches, 4 flipper bats, installed the plastic protectors and upgraded the post in front of the right upper flipper.

To install the playfield protector you have to remove the ramps and plastics. You don't have to touch, post's, zeno, pop bumpers, or sling mechs.

They use this playfield protector on location by me on their machines and they still look like new and been going there for a year.

It just lays down on the playfield no adhesion.

It also helps with the dimpling.

Hope this helps.
received_3819781478122342 (resized).jpeg

#2736 8 months ago

So I accidentally pulled the wire tgat cones out of the lid screen that is on the playfield. It comes through the playfield along with the HDMI cable.

Anybody knows where it plugs into under the playfield?

There are a bunch of open 3 pin connectors down there.

20210920_173507 (resized).jpg20210920_173519 (resized).jpg
#2740 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Right in the very back corner of the playfield. I had it out a couple times found it easiest to put in by reaching from the top side of the playfield.
[quoted image]

THANK YOU!!!

#2744 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

When u say you changed the target switches, what did you switch them to?
Thanks

Gen 2 that Cato sent along with upgraded post.

#2763 8 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Predator would be the ultimate follow up to Alien. Do it PB!!!

Or BladeRunner. It had Alien ties in it to.

https://screenrant.com/alien-blade-runner-movies-connections-themes-explained/

#2766 8 months ago

I have had my back box light go off after boot randomly since I got the game.

Tonight it is happening a lot.

Anyone else have this issue?

#2781 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Normal Mirror blades may be a non starter. There really isnt room.

What do you mean by this?

#2796 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, its...really tight. I imagine even putting vinyl in there or EL is going to be rough. The OG had those areas notched out.
That being said though, i do love the way the PF comes out/up. Needs to be a thing on all machines.

I have huge room between playfield and sides. My tales from the Crypt is SUPER tight and I still got mirror blades in there. Side protectors are a must to raise the playfield on it.

Alien has 4x's the room compared to it...

241397776_194062969464181_3806965048907008347_n (resized).jpg
#2830 8 months ago

Lets see the money shot....I have my PS ready to install. Always on is better than nothing. maybe when Cato get's caught up he can give us some insight into the GI. What did pin stadiums say about it?? he is very helpful and knowledgeable.

I am talking with Cato on it since I installed pin stadiums to. I hooked mine close to the hook up for the magnet hook up. Neos you hook up to 2 places. I like that it flashes when I hit the Zeno target. Looks like gun fire, very cool effect.
As far as G.I. he does not have an out signal for it yet, but is interested on working on one.

For now I hooked them up to this connection for the G.I. portion. I thought I would want the color to be Green but the blue is actually a better fit. The artwork reacts to the blue much better and the green egg pop bumpers stand out more.

I am making a video for Cato showing them in action he wanted to see how the Pin Stadiums look on Alien.

20210920_201158 (resized).jpg
#2941 7 months ago

My plan was to get the SV and then the LV when it came out and sell the SV but then SPooky announced Halloween release and I moved the LV money to Halloween and crossing my fingers the LV wasn't going to be unreal above the SV..

I think the gamble paid off thank god. Playfield screen and bigger backbox screen would have had me crying...

LV is nice but I can sleep at night with my SV..lol

#2960 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The beacons kind of look wimpy compared to the original ,but guess better wait to see them in person.

I kind of like them. Plus people with low ceilings will appreciate it..lol

#3054 7 months ago

Anybody getting the LE and changing out the beacons give me a PM. I will gladly buy the new style factory ones from you.

#3062 7 months ago

What happens if they downplayed the XV thing to make sure LV sales are decent, that they actually will come out with one after the LV with playfield screen and bigger back box screen..

#3067 7 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Anyone had an issue where the ball locks (MU-TH-UR and the Airlock) stop working during an Ambush with Sentry Gun multiball?
It literally stops half the switches and I have to hard reset the pin to resolve it.
Been working on the issue with Cato for a while now. He thinks its power cable interference. My pin was unfortunately a very early run. Been plagued with issues.
Nearly got everything sorted now but my God this one is annoying.
If someone else had something similar let me know.

Never had it happen to me.

#3094 7 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

That's a nice machine you have there. What sort of customer support are you getting for it?
Just asking for a friend

I am really enjoying my hyper sleep PHYSICAL ball lock and set up magnet. And I don't get a hernia taking off the playfield glass..lol

#3119 7 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That's the one feature i wish was on the OG. Seems like it should have the magnet up there!

That hyper sleep shot is tough so it really helps.

Quoted from Mzis:

I guess I'm glad that there is no XV so I don't have to worry about buyers remorse on the LV, but I was reeeaally hoping for that huge screen in the backbox. Still, I think the LV is going to be fantastic. The artwork is just stunning imho

It will be beautiful

#3184 7 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That was "including shipping" for me. Advertized as 7777 plus flat extra rate for shipping to equal 8195.

$8,195 is what I paid total delivered to Texas.

#3191 7 months ago

That Queen pinball machine is UGLY..lol Looks like someone threw up on a playfield...

#3194 7 months ago
Quoted from RussG:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of Alien pinball!

Agreed. I think I am going to send my armor, legs and lockdown bar ect to get chromed. I think that will look good on the SV Alien.

Thoughts?

#3222 7 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Replaced the launch button today. Sorry but that yellow thing was just fugly.[quoted image]

Quoted from Zablon:

So is it just me or is the scoring way higher on Aliens? I'm lucky to break 30m on Alien, but I'm consistently over 100m-300m on Aliens..

No, I seem to equally suck at the 30 mil range on both.

#3228 7 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I put my deposit down Jan 1 and paid the full balance a couple days ago. Excited to finally have this in my basement! How long does it take once the container hits the water? Guessing a month or so?

Gives you time to order those metal leg protectors and felt protectors and throw out the plastic ones it comes with. Order the plastic protectors also, I had one break in the first week of play. Quality balls are not a bad thing to add, these are a little sketchy.

1 week later
#3378 7 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I have a feeling I'm going to get my LV Alien before my Spooky Halloween... either way they will look great next to each other.
[quoted image]

I will let you know this month when my Halloween arrives...

#3387 7 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Got my package of parts today.. all new targets, flipper coils, scoop protector, post, wiring and a board... Looks like I got my work cut out for me.
Did not get the replacement flipper bats I requested so I'll have to follow up on those

Fortunately it is the easiest pinball machine I have ever had to do work on...

#3407 7 months ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

When I initially dropped my dollar on the "Interested List", I asked how far back in line I was and got a number by the end of the day.
My guess would be that once people on the "Interested List" have been given a reasonable amount of time to respond to their invoices and pay them, then that number may change.
I have seen a number of folks disappointed in the lackluster release that PB did on this so some folks may drop off the list.
It certainly gave me some pause for consideration, as I like the unique features on the original much more (again this comes down to personal preference)....

I got invoiced for the 999 deposit 12 days ago on the $1 deposit LV. The plan was to get the SV first just incase PB imploded before LV release and then sell SV and get my LV.

For me the SV ended up being enough for me PLUS Spooky dropped a dream theme Halloween so the LV money went to that machine instead.

I canceled my LV order and they refunded me my $1. SO that is one opening for someone.

#3423 7 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

How has everything been working for everyone after working with Cato? Is anyone still having issues to make it unplayable or are there still relatively small issues?

Mine has never been unplayable. Just small stuff. I did add 2 light strips to back box and had plugged them into the usb ports on the screen computer box that caused it to get hot and reboot. I unplugged one of the light strips and ran it to a USB inside the cabinet and no problems since on that.

The right in-lane was only seeing the ball to qualify mission 2 out of 10 passes and Cato sent out a new board. Made it much better. Installed gen 3 switches..
The factory back box lighting has had a problem since almost day one hence the reason I wanted to add extra light strips. It would boot with the factory leds on but they turn off after a while.

Probably the most irritating is the ball bouncing back into trough from shooter lane. Seems to do it at the worst times like during a ball save and then drains the ball.

#3439 7 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Installed the new Gen 3 targets today. Way more sensitive and none have stuck yet, but my xeno grab didn't get any better . Also the small target to the left of the xeno targets now lights up, tied to the left xeno target. Not sure if that's intentional...
Installed the color guard plastic protectors. Fit great, but I wish they were clear....
Cato also sent me a replacement one way gate for the left inlane. The ball kept bouncing back out on mine when going down the vent 2 lane. New gate seems to be the same as before, but the bracket is turned 180 degrees so that the gate hangs further to the right which should help. I bet I could have just taken it apart myself and turned it around if I'd known... Def something to check on yours.

Ya, I went with clear and happy I did.

#3502 7 months ago

The most problematic thing has been the Xeno mouth/tongue randomly deciding not to set itself on boot up (which requires a reboot)

Yep. Mine to.

#3601 7 months ago
Quoted from RussG:

Excellent posts everyone. Thank you.
Are people on here most in the camp of putting playfield protectors on their game or not?
I see dimpling which I know will happen and the game should be played but at the same time I'd hate to see this beautiful playfield get all dimpled and mucked up. It is an investment as well as a playable piece of art.
I'd also hate to change the dynamics of play as protectors change the way the game plays and feels and the ball tends to react or spin differently.
Thoughts on this?
Who has done this and would you recommend? Does the game seem different after the playfield protector is on it?

I installed a playfield protector and plastic protectors. I had already cracked a plastic by the recharge switch before putting on the plastic protectors. PB gave me a new replacement plastic.

#3607 7 months ago
Quoted from RussG:

How does it play to you after the protector? Does it feel different to you?

Maybe a little faster, that's it.

#3632 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The way I've added subs to all my games is to just attach the wires to the actual sub speaker connectors. It is the easiest / reversable way and doesn't impact anything since external subs are powered. I have not had any experience with pinwoofers, so I cannot speak to that.

I use this for a clean sub add...

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

And then I use this kit to add 4 pinball machines to one sub..

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

I made a video of the sub hooked up to my Alien but it's hard to give you the experience that way..

#3652 6 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

For anyone currently testing with 2.2G, I have downgraded back to 2.2D and found that my trough issues and MUTHUR eject issues (weak coil) appear to be resolved. If you're experiencing issues with weak or fluctuating coils with 2.2G, I'd recommend downgrading until a new system update is available.

I am on D and my trough issues have disappeared, cross my fingers it continues. The more I have been playing it the more reliable it has become.

#3665 6 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's great, but I wish there was a bit more variety to some of the callouts for the modes

Quoted from ob1forever:

What up gents.
Quick questions regarding hooking up an external sub.
So I tried audio jack to the green connection under the screen where all the connections attach too.
No good, nothing out of my sub.
2nd, tried old school, alligator clips to the sub, and wired in to my polk audio.
That one was even worst, no sound and my Alien speakers got really distorted.
This used to be my old school method with sterns until I upgraded to pinnovators...
So what's the deal, don't understanding why its not working...
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Quoted from ob1forever:

What up gents.
Quick questions regarding hooking up an external sub.
So I tried audio jack to the green connection under the screen where all the connections attach too.
No good, nothing out of my sub.
2nd, tried old school, alligator clips to the sub, and wired in to my polk audio.
That one was even worst, no sound and my Alien speakers got really distorted.
This used to be my old school method with sterns until I upgraded to pinnovators...
So what's the deal, don't understanding why its not working...
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Not sure. My Pinsub is just connected to the sub wires and works fantastic.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

#3668 6 months ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Posted this on another thread and it was suggested that I posted it here, any advice is appreciated:
Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

It’s a great all around player pin. The scoop to start modes is super easy to hit. Game has great flow. Very challenging to complete modes before timer runs out. Perfect amount of multi balls available to get.

#3714 6 months ago
Quoted from kellartz:

Quick question: Did you have any special issues installing payfield and plastic protectors? Everything that needed removal and reinstall go without issue? Plastic Protectors have enough width for the length on the original screws? I am interested in the install. Haven't done this before. Any pointers that are specific to this machine would be appreciated. Thanks.

The playfield protector had no issues, just time consuming. The screws used for the plastics are very very short so with the plastic protectors on they don't get a lot of bite into the nut. It would have been nice if they were a little longer but no issues popping off so far.

#3728 6 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is it possible to put pin stadiums on this?

Yes. I have them on mine and I love them. The flash when you hit the Xeno really adds to the experience.

I went into it thinking I would use green as the ambient lighting but I ended up on blue. Much better and makes the egg pop bumpers stand out more.

#3731 6 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cool, I have a set and wanted to put them on.
I assume it’s easy to install. I just us the wire vs alligator clips

I have the Neo fusions so one connects to the Zeno magnet wires which give the flash and my kit came with a plug and play y splitter for the magnet wires. The GI lighting connects to 2 wires that go to an RGB connections..Black and green wire I believe.

#3750 6 months ago
Quoted from DVDA:

would love to see the game with the pinstadium lights on please

I will shoot a video soon.

#3797 6 months ago

I spoke with Cato on Monday and he said the order list is insane.....That is good news. We should start seeing more of these on location.

I am bringing mine to Houston Expo next weekend to show how solid this machine is since it seems to be all sorted out now and I have a playfield protector down to defeat the heavy use it should see those few days.

The Houston Expo is from 10am to 2am long hours.. I will count the plays on it when I set up and see how many plays it has when I break it down that Sunday morning..

#3812 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm unbelievably keen to see a "real" LV, with actual assets not just mock ups/placeholders. Has anyone seen/heard anything beyond the original announcement, or are we all just waiting...?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4d25edec2c025e55ef6ae6d78b31d9d32d17a481-1635997418-1800"};
//]]>

I can’t wait to see a video of one playing and the beacons working.

#3815 6 months ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

What's this nonsense? ETA went from 11/11 to 11/12??? I can't take this waiting anymore
[quoted image]

#3831 6 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I have a Q2 SV I'm still waiting on for which I paid in full ~2 months back. I kind of wanted an LV, but there aren't even real images, and who knows when they'd actually land stateside...

Cato seemed swamp with orders. Pretty sure they deliver.

#3843 6 months ago

Game is playing really solid for a week now.
Can’t wait to take to expo next weekend and put it through it’s trials and let people experience such and awesome game.
This year seems to be tough on expos. I heard Chicago was a big let down.
I think Houston expo will be awesome.

image (resized).jpg
#3846 6 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm, I had a good time at Chicago Expo. What was the supposed letdown?

There is a whole thread on it on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappointed-chicago-expo

#3868 6 months ago

2.3 not working well for me at all.

Not ejecting ball into shooter lane properly now. It is set to normal. I had flippers die when a ball was draining.

Going back to 2.2d.

#3872 6 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I only played a couple of games but I didn’t have any issues

Went back to 2.2d and playing reliable again. 2.3 really threw my game. I sent PB my log.

One thing that bothers me that that when I am in eggs nest mode for both Alien or Aliens it does not stop the orbit shot and drop ball into the pop bumpers….I hit orbit shots to complete the mode but blow right past the pops. Other times diverted out orbits into pops..Frustrating.