b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

When was the LV supposed to become available for deposits?

9 months later
#2857 2 years ago

Is the consensus that anyone not already on the LV list will have no chance of procuring one via CT?

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have an early machine here right now and it took 6 month to resurrect it.
Yes, a long time and much effort to get the parts and we made it to reproduce a lot of missing spare.
It was a whole bunch of work but the entire community had a benefit of it.
I share all information and I'm not interessted in profit or anyting else.
In my opinion the HW-ALIEN is the better choice if you have.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the images. As a potential LV customer, posts like yours help us determine the best course of action by seeing what is possible in a HW Alien refurb versus paying ~$11,000 for a new LV.

The missing features and changes to the aesthetics are a big negative to this buyer.

More posts like yours on this thread are a great help to those trying to make the same decisions.

Please post more especially if you could include links to a video of how your playfield monitor is working.

Anyone who thinks the elimination of the PF monitor is insignificant doesn’t understand how helpful it is as it allows you to focus on the action instead of having to look up at the back box to get information. Hugely helpful to maintain flow!

Plus it just looks so rad!

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's a thread dedicated to that machine with plenty of it, no need for it here. No need to clutter up this thread with that stuff. If you want a HWY machine, go find one. It's only been known for a year that the asthetics were changed. No amount of smacking about the screens is going to change anything. Good luck.

If you’re sensitive to “clutter” you should stay off pinside.

Meanwhile for those who actually care about the differences, having them on this thread is ultra helpful & convenient.

More posts please!

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No XV unless they reverse course.
Question is what is exclusive to LV vs SV. If they don’t make options exclusive to LV they will not sell 1000. However I think they will be smart about making them exclusive.[quoted image]

“Is” as opposed to “there will never be”…..catch the distinction?

2 years later
#15424 6 months ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Topper Info
[quoted image]

Looks like the topper is shown atop both the LV & the non-LV versions….clearly the beacon lights are not included with the topper.

#15425 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Right back you . As soon as people stop telling me why I'm misinformed and don't understand the issue at hand, I will stop. Deal?

You broke your word before, what makes you think people will trust you now?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15698 6 months ago

Ripely is in!

18D028E9-CF1E-4578-8F46-582D930D76CA (resized).jpeg18D028E9-CF1E-4578-8F46-582D930D76CA (resized).jpeg

E3AC17D7-A772-4020-8F54-9450F169D6D5 (resized).jpegE3AC17D7-A772-4020-8F54-9450F169D6D5 (resized).jpeg
#15746 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The LV is still the limited version and has things like the alien head side rails/powdercoated armour and lit side blades.

I can't believe the price of the Ripley version - it's an absolute bargain for the amount of game you are getting.

The RE actually includes black powder coating…but no Shaker, no Beacon topper, & no lit side blades (basically a tiny strip of led lights shining in the players eyes anyway lol)….

#15765 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The Ripley edition is wanting the topper..that is the design stucture that I think they had in mind..WITH the option for everyone else with a diff version to buy the topper and extra mods that DON'T come with the RE...brilliant imo, and I hope that works out for PB

Ya the translite from the LV with the alien front and center and staring directly at the player would make the Alien topper redundant as that is also another alien front and center staring directly down at the player….the RE Translite makes the alien topper less redundant although I would add the beacon topper too!

#15779 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was just messing around in photoshop with the topper (although the topper is at a steeper angle in my screen grab)..and it looks really good with my setup imho! I might even angle the topper, just the way it looks in this picture, so it can show off the 'floor' of the topper..we'll all see when they get in our hands..let me know if this is too redundant with the two aliens here, although one is the queen and one is the worker bee
[quoted image]

Not as redundant as the LV art would be but certainly more redundant than if it were placed atop the Ripley version. Maybe do a photoshop on top of the Ripley translite for comparison?

#15792 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That doesnt look like a queen...

He didn’t say it was…

2 weeks later
#16087 5 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Where do I get this and how much?

I think everyone puts these on the stairway to the basement….I did

EF4F62E6-AED6-48B5-9F27-31E48D803E9F (resized).jpegEF4F62E6-AED6-48B5-9F27-31E48D803E9F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#16339 5 months ago

Was there official confirmation on whether or not the RV would include interior side blade art? I believe the SV did NOT, and I’m not seeing anywhere in the ads confirming art blades come with the RV…if they do, are they unique to the RV or are they the same as the LV?

1 week later
#16505 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So adult mode turns off the naughty stuff in the game, but the idle videos that play on the machine still contain the gore scenes. Is there no way to turn those off? A party is coming up with lots of little kiddos, but we can't have the machine playing gore, so the adult mode thing seems kinda useless.

Yes. The power switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.