tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 234.
#10101 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/69241
Do these siderails exist anywhere still? I'm assuming not..any leads on used ones maybe? I'd love to buy a set of those, either raw or chromed.

I don't think so. When he posted that ad, he said he had just found a couple remaining ones that he had stashed away. I bought that chrome set and just sold the machine with them on there. So...I guess it's goodbye to the Tron club for me.

#10102 3 years ago

So question for you Tron lovers... My playfield is perfectly level all over including the cabinet. I am getting a pretty hard left lean just in my shooter lane area. I am thinking my playfield is warped, but unsure.

Check out this video below of how hard left leaning it is:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/q3UnQAUAHd6qpEZQ6

Anyone else have this issue?

--Scott

#10103 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

So question for you Tron lovers... My playfield is perfectly level all over including the cabinet. I am getting a pretty hard left lean just in my shooter lane area. I am thinking my playfield is warped, but unsure.
--Scott

Not long found out after having Fish Tales for 10 years that the playfield is warped, always went sdtm when it came down from the casters club. Thought it was the Mylar doing it but put a straight edge across and it’s warped, adjusted the legs to compensate and now it’s ok. After all these years!!!
Will have to check my Tron now.

#10104 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think so. When he posted that ad, he said he had just found a couple remaining ones that he had stashed away. I bought that chrome set and just sold the machine with them on there. So...I guess it's goodbye to the Tron club for me.

Yeah I figured it was the longest of long shots tbh. It's such a fantastic look. Big mad I can't do it to mine. Sad to hear you left us!

#10105 3 years ago

I have an extra set of Tron mirror blades I bought from Cointaker 2-3 years ago. I decided I liked another set of art blades, so these have just been sitting in the original box. They are $160 new.

If anyone wants them for free, I’ll ship them if you wanna pay shipping. I don’t want any $ for them. They arrived with slight bends and a few tiny scuffs, but I doubt either would show when installed. See pics below.

Whoever PMs me first and pays shipping can have them.

EDIT - THESE ARE NOW TAKEN.

Thanks.

A8CBFE54-A0AD-438D-9C47-58626831D2A6 (resized).jpegA8CBFE54-A0AD-438D-9C47-58626831D2A6 (resized).jpeg63E69A42-70A6-4F99-8824-5661D306EA5D (resized).jpeg63E69A42-70A6-4F99-8824-5661D306EA5D (resized).jpeg9C250BB6-896B-4726-8A9C-AAE13320E26B (resized).jpeg9C250BB6-896B-4726-8A9C-AAE13320E26B (resized).jpeg

#10106 3 years ago

My Tron is starting to act strangely... Whenever the recognizer bank drops down, Disc War multiball starts immediately.

My first suspicion is that the opto is faulty, so just checking: should it appear as a normally closed or normally open switch in the test matrix ? I don't have the pinball at home, it's currently at a friend's place, but he looked with my guidance in the switch diagnostic, and there is no "square" on the opto switch. But come to think of it, I kind of wonder, since it's an opto, there should always be a "square", ie it's a normally close switch, right ?

#10107 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I have an extra set of Tron mirror blades I bought from Cointaker 2-3 years ago. I decided I liked another set of art blades, so these have just been sitting in the original box. They are $160 new.
If anyone wants them for free, I’ll ship them if you wanna pay shipping. I don’t want any $ for them. They arrived with slight bends and a few tiny scuffs, but I doubt either would show when installed. See pics below.
Whoever PMs me first and pays shipping can have them.
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent!

Let me know how much shipping is if I was first
Thank you for your generosity

#10108 3 years ago

--Scott

Hey Scott,

I had a similar issue with a heavily modded TRON Pro. I discovered the following brackets were missing from the cabinet…they effectively center/hold the PF in place. I believe the previous owner removed them while installing mirror blades (and never reinstalled them).

Considering the video you posted, I would bet on missing brackets over PF warping.

Steve

image001 (resized).jpgimage001 (resized).jpg

#10109 3 years ago

Anybody interested in a (NON-WORKING) Tron Mini-Cab Mod? ... I believe this is a V3.1 ... this was in the last TRON machine that crossed my path and it was not working (just completely dead) ... I never bothered to trouble shoot, just took it out and replaced with the original Stern Min-Cab.

Perhaps someone can bring it back to life or use for their own mod project. I dont have any of the associated Harness, just what you see here.

$50 shipped (contiguous 48 only please)

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

SOLD

#10110 3 years ago

Looking for anyone that has a Tron Gem/Siren figure available?

#10111 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:Anybody interested in a (NON-WORKING) Tron Mini-Cab Mod? ... I believe this is a V3.1 ... this was in the last TRON machine that crossed my path and it was not working (just completely dead) ... I never bothered to trouble shoot, just took it out and replaced with the original Stern Min-Cab.
Perhaps someone can bring it back to life or use for their own mod project. I dont have any of the associated Harness, just what you see here.
$50 shipped (contiguous 48 only please)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you by chance tried reaching out to pinballlooking about this? It might be something that could be repaired, assuming it came from them to begin with.

#10112 3 years ago

Fliptronic did a great Twitch Stream last night... TheNoTrashCougar made a custom DMD and Sound Package

Well worth the watch!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/986697813

#10113 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Fliptronic did a great Twitch Stream last night... TheNoTrashCougar made a custom DMD and Sound Package
Well worth the watch!

HAHA! That was super fun.

Just for the record, this version was just for fun, but I do plan on re-writing the soundtrack to this game from scratch in the future and making a serious version. I will keep you all posted on that.

--Scott

#10114 3 years ago

Just for the record, this version was just for fun, but I do plan on re-writing the soundtrack to this game from scratch in the future and making a serious version. I will keep you all posted on that.
--Scott

Let's talk ramps... The lightly kind...

#10115 3 years ago

Anyone would have an opinion on Marco decals here:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-66B9-XX

Are they of quality, or are they a cheap repro ?

Thanks

#10116 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Well worth the watch!

Kinda hard to hear the new sound package with all the incessant banter going on.

#10117 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Kinda hard to hear the new sound package with all the incessant banter going on.

No kidding.

#10118 3 years ago

Anyone have an extra 3D Backglass they would sell?

#10119 3 years ago

--Scott

Bro, don’t tease, I’ll be glued to the club thread now....

Custom dmd animations!? I gotta see that

#10120 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bro, don’t tease, I’ll be glued to the club thread now....
Custom dmd animations!? I gotta see that

HAHA! It's actually not that big of a deal since Pinball Browser makes it super easy to modify this stuff. I think the cool part about this project is I will be writing the music from scratch for it just for fun.

#10121 3 years ago

This elastic is broken. Not very handy with repairs on pins just yet ... how the heck do I get in there to wrap a new elastic around these posts?

Also, anyone know the exact elastic I’d need? A link would be fantastic.

Thank you so much in advance!

76D70CA1-971C-4299-BC4B-F66C3E275323 (resized).jpeg76D70CA1-971C-4299-BC4B-F66C3E275323 (resized).jpeg

Edit: I took the old elastic off. It looks like they used an elastic and used a cable tie to loop the elastic. Is this common practice? How would I go about this?

BD8C9F4C-F2B1-4938-AE64-552E6DD411DE (resized).jpegBD8C9F4C-F2B1-4938-AE64-552E6DD411DE (resized).jpeg
#10122 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

This elastic is broken. Not very handy with repairs on pins just yet ... how the heck do I get in there to wrap a new elastic around these posts?
[quoted image]
Edit: I took the old elastic off. It looks like they used an elastic and used a cable tie to loop the elastic. Is this common practice? How would I go about this? [quoted image]

No, not commin practice at all.
Clearly whoever did that didn't want to mess with replacing that rubber (as it might be a minor pain in the butt strictly due to its location).
I'll have to check my game, but by the brief looks from your picture, you're going to have to lift that left ramp (might not have to fully remove it, probably only loosen it from a few of its close proximity hex nuts that are holding it down). Once you're able to get the ramp up/off/away from the plastic underneath it, you should be able to get to those hex nuts to remove that plastic and then replace the rubber.
Yep, probably a minor pain in the butt because of that ramp location, and may take a few minutes, but definitely can be done.
I'm sure someone can chime in as to what size that particular rubber ring is.

#10123 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/69241
Do these siderails exist anywhere still? I'm assuming not..any leads on used ones maybe? I'd love to buy a set of those, either raw or chromed.

I'd check with Steve @ MI Pinball Refinery, he took over operations of "Pinball Refinery" when ZDOOR/Gio's real job got too overwhelming and he gave up his Stern distributorship, AFIK Steve's been partnered up with Melissa & Chris @ Coin Taker fro quite a while:
https://mipinballrefinery.com/

Please report back as I've been thinking about getting a set of those for our TRON-LE.

#10124 3 years ago

Removing the ramps isn’t that big of a deal really, and well worth doing to clean around the rear loop.

22DD061A-A7D3-4F94-AA6B-46C217A7A9F6 (resized).jpeg22DD061A-A7D3-4F94-AA6B-46C217A7A9F6 (resized).jpeg

#10125 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

[quoted image]
Edit: I took the old elastic off. It looks like they used an elastic and used a cable tie to loop the elastic. Is this common practice? How would I go about this? [quoted image]

Looks like 1 3/4". Here are the 2 pages from the TRON manual that shows you the rubber rings table/schematic.

Image 4-18-21 at 6.28 PM (resized).jpegImage 4-18-21 at 6.28 PM (resized).jpeg
#10126 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Removing the ramps isn’t that big of a deal really, and well worth doing to clean around the rear loop.
[quoted image]

Is there any way to remove the ramps easily when you have the EL wire wrapped around them? From my experience (I snapped one side of the blue ramp) it was...not fun. I gave up after having merely loosened it enough to do *some* cleaning. I didn't get to clean nearly as much as I wanted.

#10127 3 years ago

Is there any way to remove the ramps easily when you have the EL wire wrapped around them? From my experience (I snapped one side of the blue ramp) it was...not fun. I gave up after having merely loosened it enough to do *some* cleaning. I didn't get to clean nearly as much as I wanted.

Not sure, sorry. My experience is only with the LE fibre optics.

#10128 3 years ago

Can’t you simply loosen the screw which holds the fibre into the little ‘light box PCB’ underneath the playfield? That means you can pull the fibre out of that box and up through the playfield. Then you take the ramps off with fibres still attached.

#10129 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Can’t you simply loosen the screw which holds the fibre into the little ‘light box PCB’ underneath the playfield? That means you can pull the fibre out of that box and up through the playfield. Then you take the ramps off with fibres still attached.

I assumed the EL wire connected a different way, since what you describe is actually the process for removing the ramps. You don’t take the fibre optics off of them, you just unscrew them from the two emitters under the playfield.

#10130 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes and no. Since it's not flexible, per se, when I attempted to do this I broke off one of the sides. It just wasn't flexible enough to route back up top. Again, that's just my experience. Maybe my EL wire sucks.

#10131 3 years ago

Back in 2017 or 18, I bought a couple of those plasma light mods that later came standard on MBr LE. I had planned to install one on my GB, but never got around to it and eventually forgot about them. Installed one tonight on Tron...and it’s awesome! You can switch it on full time, or to react to sound/vibrations. It’s very sensitive to any cabinet vibration. Awesome mod. Easy to install on Tron, just a molex to the power board in the backbox. Highly recommend!

6F9C1825-2547-4692-A08A-85333B5AF60E (resized).jpeg6F9C1825-2547-4692-A08A-85333B5AF60E (resized).jpegD23BC461-9C95-480D-B40E-88B63FB283C0 (resized).jpegD23BC461-9C95-480D-B40E-88B63FB283C0 (resized).jpeg
#10132 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Back in 2017 or 18, I bought a couple of those plasma light mods that later came standard on MBr LE. I had planned to install one on my GB, but never got around to it and eventually forgot about them. Installed one tonight on Tron...and it’s awesome! You can switch it on full time, or to react to sound/vibrations. It’s very sensitive to any cabinet vibration. Awesome mod. Easy to install on Tron, just a molex to the power board in the backbox. Highly recommend!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s looks good there, I took one off my CV as I’m sure it was causing issues somehow with resets especially if it was on sound to light setting. Very weird as never had an issue as soon as I took it off. These run off 12v I’m guessing? Must get mine out of storage and try it in Tron.

#10133 3 years ago

Thinking of putting my HUO Tron Pro up for sale. Trying to gauge the current market value. It has most of of the must have mods:

*El wires on ramps (I have an uninstalled TLS kit to upgrade it and the ramps are already drilled for the current El wires)
*Tron arcade mod and lit Flynn sign
*Lighted cycles mod
*Hooked metal pop caps
*shaker & 3d Translite
*Blue DMD
*lighted recognizer mod
*upgraded to leds

I'm kind of torn as it is a nice example and woukd be tough to replace but woukd have to sell something for funds and space for a EHOH. Any insight or thoughts on current value?

#10134 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

That’s looks good there, I took one off my CV as I’m sure it was causing issues somehow with resets especially if it was on sound to light setting. Very weird as never had an issue as soon as I took it off. These run off 12v I’m guessing? Must get mine out of storage and try it in Tron.

I’ll keep that in mind. Yes, it connects directly to the power board in the backbox and I assume 12v. So far no issues with Tron, after a couple days. I have another one I’m going to try on my STTNG or Johnny M. If they suddenly start resetting I will post about it here. I suppose because they are drawing power away from the board maybe the voltage was lower with it attached? I don’t know anything about electricity so I don’t know. Do you lose voltage by having more mods drawing power?

#10135 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ll keep that in mind. Yes, it connects directly to the power board in the backbox and I assume 12v. So far no issues with Tron, after a couple days. I have another one I’m going to try on my STTNG or Johnny M. If they suddenly start resetting I will post about it here. I suppose because they are drawing power away from the board maybe the voltage was lower with it attached? I don’t know anything about electricity so I don’t know. Do you lose voltage by having more mods drawing power?

My CV had colordmd, Pinsound, led ocd and GI ocd. Nothing else connected. I just remember when I switched it to sound to light it was causing issues which was weird but did have a rare reset before on constant I think. Also had sound board interface errors come up.
Once taken off never had a problem, maybe it didn’t have enough 12v power with the Pinsound board?

#10136 3 years ago

Is this seller for real? Do you all think this is reasonable? 21k for a Tron LE... assuming just because its #1,
sfbay.craigslist.org link

#10137 3 years ago

I think it's reasonable for him to hunt for a sucker!

#10138 3 years ago

duplicate post

#10139 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Is this seller for real? Do you all think this is reasonable? 21k for a Tron LE... assuming just because its #1,
sfbay.craigslist.org link

He says it’s “1 of 400”, not that it’s number one. And it’s $25k. Wow.

If you’re gonna fish, might as well fish for something big!

—Donnie

#10140 3 years ago

If people are getting 20k for GNRCE, TRON LE might in fact fetch ~20k. TRON has proven itself as an awesome game and the license is arguably more universal than GNR. To be honest, in today's market, I wouldn't sell my TRON LE for under 15k. TRON LE, Rick & Morty and JP2 are my 3 favorite games.

#10141 3 years ago

If that LE that went up for sale in England wouldn't have cost so much to ship to the West Coast, I'd have gladly bought that one to upgrade from my current Pro. Even at the USD to GBP exchange rate, I believe it would have been just a shade over $15k to get it to my door. So the going rate for a top notch LE could possibly be in that range for the right buyer.

As it stands now, I don't think I'll part with my Pro except to upgrade to an LE. But I've been on the look out for a TLS ramp lighting kit since I bought my Pro back in 2019. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get my hands on a kit and hoping that TimeBandit comes back at some point and starts producing them again may be an exercise in futility (but I'm still crossing my fingers just in case).

#10142 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If people are getting 20k for GNRCE, TRON LE might in fact fetch ~20k. TRON has proven itself as an awesome game and the license is arguably more universal than GNR. To be honest, in today's market, I wouldn't sell my TRON LE for under 15k. TRON LE, Rick & Morty and JP2 are my 3 favorite games.

20k for a TRON LE ? I would
List mine today.

4B829AC8-4ECC-4420-AEB5-B38C200FAE86 (resized).jpeg4B829AC8-4ECC-4420-AEB5-B38C200FAE86 (resized).jpeg702E6D46-AB59-4046-A1B3-5CADF053FEB8 (resized).jpeg702E6D46-AB59-4046-A1B3-5CADF053FEB8 (resized).jpeg72713CBA-F35E-4896-8D2E-46CDC0789103 (resized).jpeg72713CBA-F35E-4896-8D2E-46CDC0789103 (resized).jpeg
#10143 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

20k for a TRON LE ? I would
List mine today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a beauty! Looks familiar too!

4E07EE25-4A73-4AAA-B734-A6274AD0CF68 (resized).jpeg4E07EE25-4A73-4AAA-B734-A6274AD0CF68 (resized).jpeg
#10144 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s a beauty! Looks familiar too!
[quoted image]

Looks like twins.

#10145 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a right ramp or have one in better shape than this one? I just bought Tron and I am looooving it. I was wondering why I was getting so many air balls. Upon further inspection it looks like the right ramp is blown apart on both sides. I don’t even have the ramp pieces to piece mill something together.

129CA021-513C-4C31-A27F-4414A07E16C7 (resized).jpeg129CA021-513C-4C31-A27F-4414A07E16C7 (resized).jpeg8B71646B-A665-4896-A85E-D6BA4E7D15ED (resized).jpeg8B71646B-A665-4896-A85E-D6BA4E7D15ED (resized).jpeg
#10146 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Does anyone know where I can buy a right ramp or have one in better shape than this one? I just bought Tron and I am looooving it. I was wondering why I was getting so many air balls. Upon further inspection it looks like the right ramp is blown apart on both sides. I don’t even have the ramp pieces to piece mill something together.

A set of cliffys May cover the damage. You may have to figure out a way to get the left side to stay.

#10147 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

If you don't get a new ramp (seems to be sold out everywhere), you will have to use cliffies. I think you should glue in some extra material. 3D-printing a band aid part would be my idea. It's very tough because of the missing parts.

The root cause of your problem are misaligned targets. You can see in your picture that the targets are leaning to the sides and open the ramp for direkt impact of balls. Adjust them to the middle, maybe a bit leaning to the ramp inside and it will help for better gameplay even with the broken ramp.

#10148 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Looks like twins.

Ugly twins. No offense, but not feelings the funky two-tone armor/legs (especially on an LE).

#10149 3 years ago

Mezel Mods used to sell target splints, to keep those targets aligned properly. Invaluable on Tron because they get whacked pretty hard.

The Tron ramps are unfortunately unobtainium.

#10150 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ugly twins. No offense, but not feelings the funky two-tone armor/legs (especially on an LE).

I have an ugly Tron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/203?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.