(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7374 1 year ago

Awesome with the drops!

#7379 1 year ago

Would someone with an LE mind posting a picture of where the playfield support rails are mounted on top and bottom of the pf? I want to add these to a Pro and want a reference. I am also curious how the stock LE fiber optic ramp lighting is connected and how it compares to Pinbits or TimeBandits' kit?

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Im due to pop the top on mine this weekend , as I have to pursue a minor issue w post coming up. Will snap some pics of the rails, along with LE fiber connections underneath...

Did you get a chance to take some pics?

#7394 1 year ago

You replaced with the clear rubber from Germany or a new stock black rubber disc?

1 week later
#7401 1 year ago

What LEDs are you guys using for your smaller disc spinner flashers? The 4 small 12V ones. Want red but not sure which type to get.

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1841.htm

#7404 1 year ago

Who sells the 5SMD flasher?

#7407 1 year ago

Ahh thank you! I was looking only at their 12V section which doesn't have all of their flashers, including this 13V one! I assume the "#906 large wedge" base will fit where the original #161 small wedge bulb goes?

#7410 1 year ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

So my Tron Pro has four Red flashers under the spinning disk. It actually has a white 555 bulb but it each has those red rubber condom covers on it to make it red. I want to change them out with LED's. I heard that the Tron Prem. has different colors under the disk spinner. Is this true? What colors are they and what are their placement under there?

At least per the manual (which has errors and leaves a lot to be desired) the Prem/LE is listed the same as the Pro with Flash: Red Disc (Left x2) and Flash: Red Disc (Right x2). I have seen some replace with flashers with 2 blue and 2 red to alternate which looks good. I'm going to swap them with yellow/orange to more match with CLU's colors.

1 month later
#7418 1 year ago

Lol do you not want to remove your glass?

1 week later
#7425 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i have one side of one of my lighted ramps acting a little weird. the color doesn't match the other side exactly. most noticeable when the ramp is supposed to be yellow; the bad side is orange/red. is there a reset or something for those to recalibrate? ty.

Stock LE, Eli, or TLS ramp lights?

#7431 1 year ago

Check connections, if all are well contact Pinbits for an LED replacement.

#7436 1 year ago

They can be pretty hit or miss with emails. Call: 510-657-2170

1 week later
#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there anyway to edit the voiceovers in this game? Thinking about it more, it's prob the one thing I just don't like that much. I would like to either include additional clips from the movie or just remove certain ones all together.

Yes use Pinball Browser. There's plenty of voice clips in the program that are not in the game. You cold use those or import your own.

#7468 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of curiosity which callouts don’t you like that much? I always thought the callouts where great, however I did swap out a couple of the custom tracks for tracks from the film.
Cannot get enough of that daft punk soundtrack

Tell me you left Gem's music in there - it's great!

Quoted from delt31:

One in particular is the bad guy that says ____ for everyone! Forgot what the first word is but there clip ends with crowd making noise and it sounds terrible to me. That's the first. Some Bridges quotes like and they called him clu that entire long winded one is annoying.

"Libations for everybody!"

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's the one. The way that clip ends sounds like it was just clipped off. That's the first to go

Hmm either I haven't noticed the end of it or it just never bothered me. If you want to keep the sound, you could edit it to cut it off right after he is done speaking, and import that back in via PB. Or just change it out to something completely different of course.

#7477 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Isn't that what happened in the movie after Castor calls it out? The crowd cheers the drinks.

Yes, the soundbyte is taken directly from the movie. I personally don't mind it, but I can understand how some would think it sounds out of place in the game. In the movie, you've already spent a few minutes in the club and feel more into the atmosphere with the crowd. In the game, no such immersion into the club then this Zuse dude just randomly blurts about some libations

#7479 1 year ago

It flashes after you start a combo to cash in the End of Line jackpot. It also is lit solid (or maybe slow pulsing?) When SOS or Portal is ready to start.

#7487 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

okay, that's kind of what i was thinking. do the modes you need to complete start up automatically, or do you need to trigger them by standard methods?

Each mode is started by doing certain things and they are not automatic. Some area easy and you can start them without trying very hard (TRON and FLYNN for example). Others might need some more deliberate aiming to start. Read here for an in depth code review. It's based on earlier software but it still mostly applied on current code.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yup, this is what I did (twice) which led to the question. I figured completing Portal would be impossible, hence the high scoring question.

Bowen Kerins mentioned in his tutorial that even he has never completed Portal. That made me feel better about it

1 week later
#7506 1 year ago

I didn't know Marco sold the clear disc, always thought it was only available from Germany for $$$. Has anybody used this as a replacement for the dirty stock black disc rubber?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00-D

1 week later
#7558 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

boys, what should i be gator clipping onto so my flynn sign stays on during GI blackout? i have a 36" extension cable; i can reach almost anything.

5V up front

#7574 1 year ago

Does anybody have the decal for sale that goes on top of the motorized drop target bank? The one that is aftermarket but matches the playfield artwork.

#7577 1 year ago

Thanks guys

3 weeks later
#7598 1 year ago

Amazing. How many GI bulbs are there? Just let me know when my wallet is about to get lighter.

3 weeks later
#7622 1 year ago

Is that a clear disc from Marco or from Germany?

#7639 1 year ago

But glass smacks are my favorite

#7659 1 year ago

The TLS kit is the best and highest functionality, and costs less than the Eli kit that Pinbits sells.

1 week later
#7671 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I was looking at this option. What type of connectors are those? It’s not Molex or IDC. I was surprised I couldn’t find the connectors as “related items” on PBL.

Molex .093

2 weeks later
#7735 1 year ago

Maybe PBCenter will offer a volume discount if you order a ton of the clear discs? I think it would be worth asking them.

#7765 1 year ago

Anybody in the US able to distribute these to save shipping costs?

#7769 1 year ago

I would be willing to do shipping within the US, cost should be $3.50 for a first class package within the US. What is the shipping cost from England to US? Just an idea, but if everything is all set to ship direct from UK I don't want to slow things down.

#7772 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Based on the calculated weight of the package from Germany around £64 as it will be a medium to large box, if it goes to large about another £7.
Could you also distribute larger items? I have about 5 pinsiders asking for other items as well as discs, two of which are a set of laser cut cabinet rails.

I meant what is the cost to ship 1 or 3 discs to the US to each person direct from you? If it's not too much then it may not be worth sending everything to the US to redistribute.

I would only do small stuff like discs that can fit in an envelope. I don't have packaging materials or time to re package and ship larger items.

#7810 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Does anyone know where I could get #161 flashers for under the disc?
My Pro has 4 reds, but was thinking about a colour change... if affordable.

Here is what I use. You need flashers to handle the high voltage but you also need a small enough LED that will physically fit under the disc. Do not worry that it doesn't mention #161 bulb, it is a perfect replacement. If you don't like the red you should try yellow. Matches the blue/yellow theme of the game.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm (choose the wedge base)

#7815 1 year ago

Cheers.
Same voltage? Or should i expect them to burn out ever-so-slightly sooner than the stock bulbs... which are probably old gen LEDs compared to more modern SMD standards... ?

Those LEDs I linked are 12V and can be used in place of any flashers. They will not burn out sooner. I have seen some people put standard 6.3V LEDs in that location, because the stock #161 bulb does not look like a flasher at all and they think it's a regular GI or insert LED. Of course 6.3V LEDs will fail very soon if used as disc flashers.

#7830 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, I know I may get crap for this, but the only thing I don't like about the LE was the cream colored light tubes for the ramps. So, I bought some clear side glow to swap them out with. Will keep the cream colored ones in case I ever sell (over my dead body) or if I wind up not liking it.
I'll post some before and after pics but my assumption is it will basically mirror the aesthetics of the Eli kit.
The wire I purchased is slightly larger (about 1mm) but still fits in the light housings. With a quick light test it appears to transfer the light cleaner and potentially a bit brighter as well. Time will tell. Experiment takes place this weekend.
I'll also take the time to black out the tube under the PF so I get rid of the light fade into some inserts that is currently occurring.

Very nice, hope it works out great. I have the Redshift/TotalLightShow ramp kit in my Pro which uses clear tubing and it looks awesome. I was never thrilled with the cloudy looking stuff that came on the LEs.

#7842 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Working on the arcade version 3. Anyone know where the 6 pin connector plugs into? I assume the 2 pin goes to the plug from the factory one. No instructions are with it.

Plugs into the unused 6 pin connector in the head. Here are the instructions I received:

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m554/myebaystuff1/Tron%20Mini-Arcade%20cabinet%20install%20instructions/

#7872 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For the hallmark cycles. I create a separate thread so anyone that may have the same issue down the line could find it in a search. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-light-cycle-help
If you have any clues on why mine smoked out please let me know.

Unless something shorted out you did nothing wrong with the installation method. That's how everyone has theirs hooked up, whether it's constant power or tied to some other lamp in the game.

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I think it is just the one as here on eBay ebay.com link » Tron Legacy Series 1 Three Vehicles Diecast New In Package

That would be it!

If you just want the Quorra car, here's one: ebay.com link » Spin Master Disney Tron Legacy Die Cast Light Runner

#7899 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hmmm... I actually already have one of those. I could have sworn the ones that came on the game had a green canopy cover on them.
Was their another version or have I really just lost my mind?

No green canopy on mine, however I did put some green LEDs in it and mount it over the Quorra spinner lane.

2 weeks later
#7953 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I'm probably being a bit simple but I don't have that white board behind my translite, I just have a (rather nondescript) office style light bar that runs across the middle behind it that illuminates the whole thing. My translite ccomes off to reveal all of the electronics directly behind. I have an LE if it matters.
How do you get a setup where you've got individual LEDs and that awesome LED strip?

That white board is aftermarket, you can use different materials to build your own or buy a pre-made version. There are different versions available from multiple sellers, some are just a backlight replacement, some include flashing sections tied to game flashers, etc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-an-led-backbox-for-30-for-modern-sterns

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-flashers-or-under-cabinet-lighting-for-15-for-modern-sterns#post-1814253

#7963 1 year ago
Quoted from koops:

This is exactly what I did.
I'm still using the factory fluro

Can you post some pics with translite removed? Looks great!

#7976 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks. No offence taken
I'm pretty new to pinballs, bought my first one (TZ) late last year.
I've been doing little bits of tinkering here and there, have rebuilt a slingshot on a friend's Funhouse and rebuilt the TZ clock, etc.
I've been reading up on the right way to do the ramps (i.e. making them very clean, etc). You're right that I should try it on a sacrificial ramp first, so will do that.

Flame polishing is easy to do and also easy to screw up. Watch some youtube vids to get an idea of the technique to use (there is more than 1 way to do it), and as stated if you have a junk piece to practice on for your first time that's ideal.

#7987 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Isn't timebandit the one that is building the ability to add drop targets as well? If I had a pro I would most likely go that route as the add on abilities of the TLS have proven to be very valuable. Just look at what they are doing with MET Pro's with it (getting the active grave marker to work for example).
i wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't get drops and the active recognizer to work with his kit.

Drops are already supported. I wouldn't bother trying to add a moving recognizer to a Pro though, just my personal opinion.

#7997 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Well shit maybe I don't have a first run I have the car and a cycle. How do I tell if it's a first run? I have the 3d translight and I'm pretty sure it's silk-screened artwork guess I'll check the sticker on the back when I get home. This machine was sold to me as a first run.

There is nothing special about a first run, newer is better IMO. What is the date on the back of your game?

#8002 1 year ago

So sticker on back says May 9 2012. Does this mean I have a third run? If so I was lied too. I am an adult so it is partly on me for not checking more into this machine. What do yall think?

I think it doesn't matter if the game is in good condition. If your cabinet has decals and not silkscreened art with that date then it's 3rd edition. Play on!

#8017 1 year ago

Love this game. Only been able to get 43 mil so far. Mods to come for sure. My playfield doesn't have the underside slide supports it has the two black posts. Can the slide supports be added? I did see in the manual it shows them.

Yep!

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

#8023 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can anyone tell me if Tron LE has LED flashers or not? I know it has insert LEDs, and incandescent GI, but unsure about flashers.
I feintly recall seeing a gameplay video where in one of the modes the two blue backpanel flashers faded up and down which would suggest that they weren't LEDs (unless things have moved on since the days of Bally/Williams where you need LED/GI OCD boards?)
Getting to the flasher bulbs is unnecessarily complicated for some reason on this pin (maybe all Stern pins) so would be useful to me if someone could simply tell me if they are LEDs on the LE or not.

I thought all versions of Tron only came with incandescents, period.

#8032 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

pretty sure every bulb in my game is LED, down to the start button. well, i guess the fluorescent tube isn't.

Because somebody changed them out. Tron Pro was full incandescent from the factory.

#8070 1 year ago

We don't need more pictures of the ball licker aka "ball tro"

#8084 1 year ago

I couple wraps of electrical tape on the bulb would work

2 weeks later
#8171 1 year ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello Tron looovers!
What would you say about swap a twillight zone for a Tron.
Should i do that?

If you like TZ more than Tron go for it

#8205 1 year ago

Is that common for games to have different strength coils on the lower flippers? Seems odd... I think mine still has the factory coils so I'll take a look at what's in there. I don't feel that one is stronger or weaker than the other...

#8224 1 year ago
source.gif
#8226 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image]

Almost. Click the drop-down menu and choose Original Size BEFORE clicking the Attach image button

#8238 1 year ago

Reveal your VooDoo, wizard!!??

He did! Post 8229

#8248 1 year ago

Does it count if I got to Portal only AFTER completing the last modes via SOS? If so I've gotten to Portal a couple times

#8277 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Anyone know if the arcade mod is still being made or sold? Anyone with a used one willing to part with it? Any version is fine.

Here is the website, although looks like it hasn't been updated since last year. Send him an email through that website and you should find out quickly if any are in stock or if you need to get on the list for the next run.

http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

1 month later
#8317 11 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

They do have callouts. They are sound effects rather than voice. It hasn’t been left out. It’s a deliberate difference.

Hmm... seems like they could be swapped back to the voices then in PinballBrowser? I'll look into this.

#8324 11 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The source sounds aren’t there. I was going to export them from my LE and bring them in that way. Sold the LE though. But yes, could be done like that.

Bummer, and unfortunately the LE code is not available for download on Stern's website

#8332 11 months ago

Awesome, thank you.

So.. I don't even know what sound effects denote the start of super spinners, super pops, etc. on the Pro, either I don't notice them at all or I'm so used to them they blend in. Anybody know the sound calls? Otherwise I'll just do some testing with the glass off to get familiar with the sounds and hunt through the Pro rom to find them. Then I'll hunt through the LE rom to find the voice callouts, and hopefully the time allotted for the Pro effects can support the LE voice callouts.

#8334 11 months ago
Quoted from Hasi:

i‘m looking for these two plastics. does someone know where i can get them?
[quoted image]

http://www.gamestencils.com/pin-parts/tron-ramp-covers

#8336 11 months ago

So I am digging through the LE sounds, I found one callout where the system voice says "Pop bumpers are flashing"

Is that the super pops callout you guys are talking about? What does she say for the super spinners and double scoring callouts?

edit: That can't be the right super pops callout, it's present in the Pro code at the same location.

#8340 11 months ago

Ok guys here are the LE voice callout locations for the Tron awards and corresponding sound effect locations from the Pro.

LE:
Female: "Double scoring initiated" 0x16D Request 256
Male: "Double scoring is active on the grid" 0x1B1 Request 256
Female: "Pop bumpers are lit" 0x169 Request 258
Female: "Shoot spinning targets" 0x166 Request 260

Pro:
Super Pops: 0x1B Request 69
Double Scoring: 0xB1 Request 246
Super Spinners: 0xB3 Request 248

If there are additional LE Male voices for pops and spinners I haven't found them and they aren't grouped together in the same request like double scoring is.

#8342 11 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Ok guys here are the LE voice callout locations for the Tron awards and corresponding sound effect locations from the Pro.
LE:
Female: "Double scoring initiated" 0x16D Request 256
Male: "Double scoring is active on the grid" 0x1B1 Request 256
Female: "Pop bumpers are lit" 0x169 Request 258
Female: "Shoot spinning targets" 0x166 Request 260
Pro:
Super Pops: 0x1B Request 69
Double Scoring: 0xB1 Request 246
Super Spinners: 0xB3 Request 248
If there are additional LE Male voices for pops and spinners I haven't found them and they aren't grouped together in the same request like double scoring is.

Just made the swaps tonight and it works perfectly! The Pro sound effect lengths support the length of the LE voice callouts so there is no cutting off. It is much better, I hardly even noticed the sound effects before but the voice callouts and clear and crisp.

#8347 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Great, probably was an oversight by Lyman or Lonny.
Could you make this available for share?

I can do that. I modified my already modified code which has some other music swaps done. I'll make one based off the stock code. I elected to use the female voice for double scoring for consistency of all 3 callouts.

1 week later
#8401 11 months ago

After years of reading people post about the clear disc I finally made the plunge last night! Installed the disc along with a couple 3 ohm resistors to slow the motor down a bit (thanks for the info herg) and it's amazing. Much more lively than stock and yet not crazy enough where I am worried about stuff breaking.

#8406 11 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

So... how easy is it to create the herg resistor mod for the motor? I'm assuming it's not something I can buy off the shelf? I'm completely clueless

I had the connectors on-hand so I just had to order the resistors. It did take about 10 minutes which includes crimping and then soldering the pins onto the resistors.

#8424 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do these fit all the targets on TRON? Isn’t there one target in Tron that has a slightly different fit??

Both styles are listed on Mezel's site, you choose which one you want depending on the target size.

#8450 11 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I found a HUO Tron Pro but it is nearly stock. Where and what is the best set of lighted ramps to install? It also needs LED’s , do I need an OCD board?

The best ramp light kit IMO is the RedshiftLED Total Lightshow kit. The Eli kit that Pinbits sells is also a good kit.

An OCD board is not required to use LEDs, but does make them fade more smoothly like incandescent bulbs. I would say install the LEDs and see how they look to you, and if you still want them to look smoother you can get the LED OCD.

#8454 11 months ago
Quoted from taz:

Does anyone know how to contact the maker of the Tron Arcades to confirm availability of the Tron Arcade mod? I visited the PinballLooking site, but it's nearly a year out of date and the e-mail function doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps the maker is a Pinside member?

They are on pinside but not regularly. Here is their email address: samsunggalaxyjig@gmail.com

#8476 10 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Mystery Tron bling: please help.
I'm going through my tub of pinball lights & light-related goodies in order to LEDify the house for the holidays.
(Already blinged Mr. Skeleton w/ LED strips that I'd intended to use on Tron but didn't: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAi4Jcogf61XcCjY9)
I'm pretty sure these are EL paper for backlit apron cards. No ID information. What sort of power do I put into these thingies?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And is this a GI Buddy?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-source-freeish-pinball-electronics-kit-gi-buddy
I seem to have bought 2 of them 4 years ago. I don't expect to end up using them. Anybody want?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks,
-Jason

You are correct on the EL cards, those inverters need a regulated 12V input, I think most games use a dedicated power supply plugged into the service outlet for them.

The GI buddy is neat, I could think of some mod ideas to tie into the GI with it. If you don't want it I would be glad to use it

#8483 10 months ago

I doubt we will ever see another Tron code update and that's fine with me. It would be a pleasant surprise, but I would never expect one.

#8497 10 months ago
Quoted from Chops00:

Thanks for confirming that. Now to keep practicing that shot. It might be my most hated/loved shot in all the games I've played.

gem.gif
2 weeks later
#8509 10 months ago

All of the files and info is available to make your own Tron mini cab including Eli's 3GDL code which runs on the display, but it's just a ton of work to make all the pieces and assemble them. It is expensive but the price seems in line with the work put in to them.

#8520 10 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

one of my bikes is a little wonky. i have to jiggle the wire every once in a while to fix it. can the bulb get loose in there? i haven't investigated that much into it.

I would first double check the solder points where the wires connect to the battery terminals.

#8522 10 months ago

Battery terminals. The Hallmark light cycles are designed to be powered by batteries. When wiring them up to Tron the wires are typically soldered to the battery terminals (and batteries are removed of course).

#8524 10 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

interesting; ty.

Just remembered another potential problem area - the pushbutton on top. Some people glue these buttons down to keep the lights on when it has power and this glue can come loose, you can try pressing in the button to see if it lights up the cycle and that's your problem. The proper way to wire these up IMO is by modifying the wiring to the button so the cycle is always-on by removing the button from the circuit so it doesn't need to be glued down which can fail over time.

#8526 10 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

there's a button!? lol. sorry, these were on the game when i got it, so i have no idea.

Top center right between the shoulder blades.

#8533 10 months ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I'm thinking of replacing the fluorescent backbox light in my Tron Pro with an interactive LED kit. I've found 4 options so far...any opinions or thoughts on these?
- $270 Stern Custom Deluxe Interactive LED Backbox Kit by CoinTaker https://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit
- $227 TRON PINBALL LED STRIP BACKBOX LIGHT KIT by Lermods https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/01240-tron-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit-
- $200 Stern Custom LED Backbox Kit (S.A.M.) by CoinTaker https://cointaker.com/products/2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit
- $149 STERN INTERACTIVE BACKBOX MOD by Rock Custom Pinball https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00732-stern-interactive-backbox-mod

Not on your list but the offering from Arcade Upkeep is what I use on my SAM games. It has 2 user-defined settings for brightness during gameplay and during attract mode and is less expensive at $65. It doesn't have fancy features like custom flashers or different colors, but if you just want a great replacement for the fluorescent tube then it's fantastic.

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

3 weeks later
#8552 9 months ago

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at PBL and Marco.

#8554 9 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at PBL and Marco.

Ok these are all spoken for, much quicker than I thought. If you still want one shoot me a message and I'll put you on the list when I make up some more in about 2 weeks.

#8562 9 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I have never seen illuminated leg protectors before

They look great on Tron

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups/page/11#post-4637653

#8577 9 months ago

I miss centerflank. It's funny because I don't know him and I didn't even join the club until after he was gone but I enjoyed reading his posts

1 week later
#8603 9 months ago

New Tron code would likely change the volume adjustment to ramp up or down and not just single increment adjustments, just like in Met 1.8

#8623 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just give me the call outs for double scores and stuff

If that's all you need I have made this and can provide it. Of course it's not an official release but it is exactly what you are asking for, an official release that has been modified to swap to the callouts you desire from another official release. No code changes or anything that would make it not feel like an official release.

#8641 8 months ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Incorrect! Tron Le ramp lights are brighter and much better coordinated with gameplay.

The Redshift kit is better than both. Each ramp can independently run a separate color. The factory LE ramps cannot have different colored ramps at the same time.

#8646 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I know they dont due to code but why couldn't they? There are several modes where the flash independent of each other. Also not sure of a time I'd want them separate colors on at the same time.
My only complaint with my LE ramps was the creamed color when off. Fixed that with clear tubes.

It's just not possible since they are tied to the same RGB outputs, has nothing to do with code. They have independent OFF/ON controls so they can turn on and off independently but they cannot show different colors at the same time.

#8648 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are you sure? When I did the code for the virtual version of the table we (had a partner) discovered, in the code/matrix, they had separate triggers for the left and right ramps for the RGB activation triggers (there are 6 in the lamp matrix). They aren't identified in the manual though in the lamp matrix thus why we had to discover them vs just read the manual.
Still not sure why you'd want them to anyways. Pro of the LE ramps is it doesn't rely on lamp and switch inputs to identify the routine to use thus the desired routines are only limited by Lymans brain. The pro kits are awesome but I just can't see them as being functionally better.

Yes I'm sure. The aftermarket ramps relying on the switch and lamp matrix is hardly a negative, these inputs are always consistent thus the ramps always behave as intended. The stock LE ramps are limited and the redshift kit has much more functionality, regardless of what Lyman has in the current code. There is literally nothing better about the LE lit ramps other than they came that way and don't require additional hardware.
schem (resized).png

#8651 8 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

What brand and size translucent rubbers are proper using on their slings on Tron?

2" PerfectPlay translucent silicone from PBL

#8658 8 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are these better than titans?

Don't know, I've never used Titans but they would probably work well too.

1 week later
2 months later
#8835 6 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

I just watched a sick virtual pinball demo that had scenes of the film on the back box that changed with each mode. Has anyone done a real world mod of this?!

Yessir

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod

1 week later
#8864 5 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I could be (and probably am) wrong, but I'd be surprised if a shaker motor has the same bearings in it as a motor designed to run at a constant (and high) RPM. Then again, I could be thinking of "quality" rather than "let's just build them all as cheaply as possible"...

The shaker and spinner use the same motor:

https://www.pinballlife.com/replacement-motor-for-stern-shaker-kits.html

1 week later
#8899 5 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, my right flipper just stopped working in my Tron. I did a coil test and nothing registers. I checked the fuses in the backbox and they are all good. Any ideas what I could be missing? Thank you.

Did you already check the wiring to the coil and make sure nothing broke loose?

3 weeks later
#8992 4 months ago

No speech overlap on my Pro with the callouts...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside