tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 233.
#10301 2 years ago

Been doing a full Playfield swap for a clear coated Hutchins Playfield. Went ahead and polished metal parts and now adding mods while on the rotisserie...almost there..

4597B787-D028-424E-9247-E05B77FD4062 (resized).jpeg4597B787-D028-424E-9247-E05B77FD4062 (resized).jpegE61B7FB3-69DB-413F-8A67-8417986AE8BE (resized).jpegE61B7FB3-69DB-413F-8A67-8417986AE8BE (resized).jpeg
#10302 2 years ago

Any mods I’m missing?

#10303 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Any mods I’m missing?

ramp cover plastics (not personally a fan as it hides the ball).
Lettered target decals (also the recognizer ones)

#10304 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I have #22 LE. Was it normal for them to sign playfields? My buddy has a later number that is not signed. Just curious.
[quoted image]

First 50 I believe.

#10305 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

ramp cover plastics (not personally a fan as it hides the ball).
Lettered target decals (also the recognizer ones)

Is anyone making them still? I know someone was talking about them

#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Is anyone making them still? I know someone was talking about them

I'll email again, we've got some in Europe waiting to be shipped. I'll PM you once I receive (I already have all the other pinsiders' name that wanted it)

#10307 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Been doing a full Playfield swap for a clear coated Hutchins Playfield. Went ahead and polished metal parts and now adding mods while on the rotisserie...almost there..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the pics, I did a bit of maintenance recently and some posts weren't the right ones - this will help!

#10309 2 years ago

Does anyone know where you can get the Flynn arcade mod?

#10310 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Does anyone know where you can get the Flynn arcade mod?

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

Nice people, got it fast and the mod was perfect!

#10311 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I looked and couldn’t find it, but is there a way in the settings to turn the sling coils down some?

There is one setting for coil power, but not specific coils. Iirc.

#10312 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There is one setting for coil power, but not specific coils. Iirc.

I did see that. Does it reduce power on every coil on the machine? I’ll give it a run!

#10313 2 years ago

So here I was sitting happy on this new LE, and my buddy came over and showed me what I’m missing. Ugh..... so $500-$600 later, I’ve got the rectifier w/lights (up/down), lit up cycle mod, Clu’s ship (on left ramp return), target decals, rectifier decal, and chrome plunger on the way to me. Am I missing anything LOL

He also says my machine music is terrible compared to his, assuming he’s got different sound chips, haven’t tackled that but if there is a link to order the popular one that won’t require a ton of research, would love the advice.

I’m not a big mod person at all but this machine seems to beg for it (really just fixing how it should have come from the factory).

#10314 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

So here I was sitting happy on this new LE, and my buddy came over and showed me what I’m missing. Ugh..... so $500-$600 later, I’ve got the rectifier w/lights (up/down), lit up cycle mod, Clu’s ship (on left ramp return), target decals, rectifier decal, and chrome plunger on the way to me. Am I missing anything LOL
He also says my machine music is terrible compared to his, assuming he’s got different sound chips, haven’t tackled that but if there is a link to order the popular one that won’t require a ton of research, would love the advice.
I’m not a big mod person at all but this machine seems to beg for it (really just fixing how it should have come from the factory).

Yeah reach out to inkochnitoon Pinside and he’ll you different versions to choose from. Just donate to him if you use his stuff.
I just got it from him last night.

Can you post link of chrome plunger? That sounds pretty cool too !

#10315 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Do you have Flynn's sign, Pinbits fluorescent slinger plastics, Tron (metal) pop bumpers, pinblades (several cool one out there), backbox interactive lighting, speaker grill LED..

Tron is one of the most heavily modded game out there, it begs for it! Lol A crowd's favorite, no doubt. When I light it up at my place, people really enjoy it. You also totally NEED a subwoofer.

#10316 2 years ago

One of the best mode for this game… solid sound system cause the music is sooo good!! I have flipper fidelity speakers and a little 100 watt amazon amp with a built in low pass crossover (18.00) and it sounds killer!

#10317 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah reach out to inkochnitoon Pinside and he’ll you different versions to choose from. Just donate to him if you use his stuff.
I just got it from him last night.
Can you post link of chrome plunger? That sounds pretty cool too !

I will thank you. Here’s a link to the plunger, upper right on the page.
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html

#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

One of the best mode for this game… solid sound system cause the music is sooo good!! I have flipper fidelity speakers and a little 100 watt amazon amp with a built in low pass crossover (18.00) and it sounds killer!

Thank you. If it works great can you send me a link?

Do you need an extra amp with flipper fidelity speakers?

#10319 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Do you have Flynn's sign, Pinbits fluorescent slinger plastics, Tron (metal) pop bumpers, pinblades (several cool one out there), backbox interactive lighting, speaker grill LED..
Tron is one of the most heavily modded game out there, it begs for it! Lol A crowd's favorite, no doubt. When I light it up at my place, people really enjoy it. You also totally NEED a subwoofer.

I have mirror blades on mine. I also have everything else (either installed or coming) but the Flynn’s sign. Where can you buy those now?

#10320 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I have mirror blades on mine. I also have everything else (either installed or coming) but the Flynn’s sign. Where can you buy those now?

Flynn's

#10321 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Nice people, got it fast and the mod was perfect!

No not that one but the big full sized arcade. Does anyone know who made that???

#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

No not that one but the big full sized arcade. Does anyone know who made that???

If you mean a big size Flynn's neon or LED sign, they are offered all over, different sizes, real neon, etc., just google this. The original Tron arcade was Bally Midway..

#10324 2 years ago

Anyone know where to get ahold of these shooter rods. Love them but seems they are no more? Pinball decals originally had them.

7A1FF9EE-6B00-4696-BC45-ABAFED588B04 (resized).png7A1FF9EE-6B00-4696-BC45-ABAFED588B04 (resized).png
#10325 2 years ago

Someone sold a mod it showed the facade of flynns arcade.

#10327 2 years ago

Cmon, we have enough misrepresentation and click bait on the world of the interwebs… so because “LE” is in quotes does this make it ok to call a pro and LE?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116064
B95D221F-72F9-4552-A857-5DDE2B987D7D (resized).pngB95D221F-72F9-4552-A857-5DDE2B987D7D (resized).png

#10328 2 years ago

Cmon, we have enough misrepresentation and click bait on the world of the interwebs… so because “LE” is in quotes does this make it ok to call a pro and LE?
[quoted image]

I would report this..

#10329 2 years ago

Ridiculous, and somehow pending.

#10330 2 years ago

I politely messaged the seller. See what he says but ya might be a mute subject

#10331 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:Cmon, we have enough misrepresentation and click bait on the world of the interwebs… so because “LE” is in quotes does this make it ok to call a pro and LE?
[quoted image]

They are also selling this Bally "CE".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10332 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

They are also selling this Bally "CE".
[quoted image]

With a hardtop. Oh sweet Jesus. How is that 'better than new' exactly? And I say that as someone who owns two hardtops and loves them. Maybe he spent some time moonlighting as a used car salesman at one point...

It does look great but imo misrepresented and a laugher at $5500. But what do I know, someone will probably buy it...

#10333 2 years ago

Yeah, listing a Tron pro as “LE” because it’s loaded doesn’t make it an LE. Even if you added 4 drop targets and chrome and a motorized recognizer and daft punk MB code, it would be a modified pro with LE features. My Tron pro is pretty crazy loaded, and I’m only willing to go so far as to call it a “premium” in the listing.

#10334 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yeah, listing a Tron pro as “LE” because it’s loaded doesn’t make it an LE. Even if you added 4 drop targets and chrome and a motorized recognizer and daft punk MB code, it would be a modified pro with LE features. My Tron pro is pretty crazy loaded, and I’m only willing to go so far as to call it a “premium” in the listing.

Is adding the DP MB code to a pro even possible?

#10335 2 years ago

Looking for a loaded tron if anyone leaving the club. I have a very nice Totan. Game is in MD

#10336 2 years ago

Never heard back from the seller, kinda not surprised.

#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Not that I’m are aware of…..

#10338 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Not that I've ever heard. Some talented coder can probably do it, if they weren't so busy trying to add a wizard mode to Mousin' Around.

#10339 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I recently joined the club. I was lucky to find a HUO single owner Pro. Absolutely everything on it was stock. So the first order of business was to upgrade to all the LEDs. I picked up one of those complete sets from Comet annnnnnd wow. The before and after photos are pretty striking.

I have to say, I am in love with this machine.

Tron A (resized).jpgTron A (resized).jpgTron B (resized).jpgTron B (resized).jpg
#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Hi guys,
I recently joined the club. I was lucky to find a HUO single owner Pro. Absolutely everything on it was stock. So the first order of business was to upgrade to all the LEDs. I picked up one of those complete sets from Comet annnnnnd wow. The before and after photos are pretty striking.

I guess with the led ocd board it looks even better

#10341 2 years ago

After my friend dogged my pretty stock LE, I got busy online, received and installed my mods today - backbox light (w/flasher), Clu ship, lighted rectifier (when it moves), Flynn’s sign, decals on rectifier gate/targets, Zuse decals, yellow/blue plastic protectors, and a chrome shooter. I already had lighted cycles. I’ve got mirrored chrome flipper bats incoming.

What did I miss? LOL. I’m not a crazy modder at all but everything I did feels like the game should have come this way.

Had a problem though, kept blowing my F12, F13 (12v) fuses, lowering the playfield. For the life of me I can’t figure out what it’s hanging on when I get near the bottom of lowering but the only thing I can find is the black tubing taking the harness from cabinet to backbox, but I think that’s it. I’ve also got mirrored side blades that I though we’re the issue but they maybe we’re just contributory towards it, they wouldn’t cause the issue. It really just feels like it’s binding up once I get over the “hump” lowering the playfield. Anybody else have this issue?

Also, how do I get the good music for the LE? I was given on name on this thread and he only does Pro.

Happy to be part of the club, now I can get to playing this game to which punishing is the nicest thing I can say so far!!

CE30FFBF-DFD1-4A3D-9F09-4A7B12AC9EFD (resized).jpegCE30FFBF-DFD1-4A3D-9F09-4A7B12AC9EFD (resized).jpegE85CFDF6-325E-4900-8AED-C8A77094C727 (resized).jpegE85CFDF6-325E-4900-8AED-C8A77094C727 (resized).jpeg

#10342 2 years ago

Hmm on the 12v… sounds like your only 12v mod is the Flynn sign?

#10343 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Hi guys,

Congrats on your Tron! I have a pro also and it’s a top 10 pin for me. Smooth, fast, punishing and easy to understand the rules. Great music, theme and I like the art. The lighted ramps are just awesome. Your before/after for the led conversion is amazing. Incredible difference. If the LEDs are flickering or don’t pulse the way the incandescents do, get an OCD board. I just installed one on my LOTR and it’s great. Easy to install too. Have fun!

#10344 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I guess with the led ocd board it looks even better

Loads better.

#10345 2 years ago

I have CT in my tron and yaaaa they don't fade...just blink...I should put the ocd board on my list.....

#10346 2 years ago

Hmm on the 12v… sounds like your only 12v mod is the Flynn sign?

F12 and F13 killed the 12v (which was the Flynn's sign, ColorDMD, and audio). I've sorted the problem out, something pulled or touched or shorted when lowering the playfield, thank goodness for fuses!

#10347 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have CT in my tron and yaaaa they don't fade...just blink...I should put the ocd board on my list.....

Yea after I converted every bulb to color matched led's above and below pf the color was amazing but all the transitions were harsh and epileptic, it hurt to spend even more dough on another thing for the lights but the OCD board is kind of a must-have on this one

#10348 2 years ago

I have led ocd in almost all my games, it’s a great device! Well worth the money.

#10349 2 years ago

You guys have any remedy for the spinning disc as mine seems to be getting louder and louder. Is this the same spinning disc mech in Sterns POTC?

#10350 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

You guys have any remedy for the spinning disc as mine seems to be getting louder and louder. Is this the same spinning disc mech in Sterns POTC?

I don't know if the mech is the same as the POTC spinner, but the MOTOR is the exact same as used in shaker motors. If you want to just replace the motor use this: https://www.pinballlife.com/replacement-motor-for-stern-shaker-kits.html

I've also read some posts of people oiling the motor bushings to make it quieter. I haven't done this myself but it's worth a shot before replacing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.