tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolffcub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9836 3 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

The Tron Legacy movie was released 10 years ago today. I might have to re-watch it tonight.[quoted image]

I grew up with the original tron and was super thrilled when the new one was released in 2010. To celebrate the anniversary i got my self a Tron Pro yesterday.

#9845 3 years ago

Just wondering if there are other options that others have used for the 4 resistors that are installed for the spinner motor circuit?

#9851 3 years ago

In regards to the sound track on this machine I noticed how flat it is. The verbal dialogue is perfect sharp and clear but the music is just flat. I did test all the box speakers and cabinet speaker and they are all fine and wired correctly. Does the speaker upgrade help with the low bass levels that seem to be output? Hooked my external sub to it and the sub has to be all the way up to get any noticeable bass improvement.

Edit: And I also have the music setting in the menu set all the way up.

#9856 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The music atteniation is kind of opposite of what you'd think
Check this post and give some trail/error
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sam-menu-adjustments-music-volume#post-2454225
Also if you search there are a few thread about adding speaker systems to older sterns. I forgot the name of parts, but it creates a cutoff so bass only goes to the sub and the mid/high go to the backbox speakers. .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-speakers-on-my-ac-dcahhhhhhh
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-metallica-backbox-speakers

Thanks for the info. The music setting i was adjusting was under the SPI menu and it seems to do nothing when set at max on min selections. Under the Feature adjustments i see that there is a MUSIC and a SPEECH setting. I played with that a bit and its much better but still lacking imo.

2 weeks later
#9939 3 years ago

Today a got a arcade mod for my Tron. The additional power harness that is to run from the mod to the back box and plug into the 6 pin open molex is missing. Can someone possibly send me some pics on what 2 of the 6 pins are used.

#9945 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Sent a PM over, so I guess we'll see what happens. Might just have to wait around on it for a bit. Basically sold a kidney just buying the machine.

I just bought an empty cabinet from a guy here last week and then i got another full working one yesterday. I will sell you the empty cabinet im waiting for when it arrives if you like.

#9949 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Nice! But his OLED will need to be replaced as well it seems..

The cabinet i got was empty and I was going to make my own video display to go inside of it.

1 week later
#9968 3 years ago

Finally finished my Tron city mod. I thought i would do my interpretation of the grid and apply it to my machine. All towers / buildings are under lit and diffuse the light nicely. All the mods just bolt on and no un-reversable modification need to be made to the machine.

Still need to do some clean up work and reprints for the Encom logo and still need to remove some of the fuzz from the carbon fiber filament. Carbon i thought was the way to go as regular black has too much sheen to it.

IMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2827 (resized).JPGIMG_2827 (resized).JPG
#9970 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Awesome work! Those look great. Let me know if you make some extras cuz I'd be down for some.

I plan on making 6 city sets that will include instructions, towers and lights.

2 weeks later
#9978 3 years ago

Can someone with a machine that has the Fat EL wire installed around the ramps please let me know whats its diameter is. I need to see if my tower mod kit has enough room to still work with EL installations.

#9989 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Isn't it pretty standard 5mm?

No there are a few sizes out there. Im not sure what stern used but it looks fat.

#10008 3 years ago

Allow me to spam this up on this thread LOL

Got my Tron City kit all finished up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109907

IMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2987 (resized).JPGIMG_2987 (resized).JPG
#10011 3 years ago

Scratching my head and went bald trying to find a n answer on this one. My disk will spin one way in the test menu but will not turn the other way. When I go into the opposite direction test the reversing relay goes absolutely nuts and clicks like crazy. Any ideas?

#10013 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well... Did you check the control signal of the relay to see if it's stable?

What? You think I’m stupid ?

Leaves chair and walks over to machine. Re tests the connections and voltages. Starts probing board to test the Q3 transistor. Finds a inconsistent reading. Sits back down at the computer trying to think of a witty way to say oops with out everyone seeing the look of embarrassment on his face.

#10021 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well nice way of responding to someone trying to provide guidance on the basis of your post alone, which is two lines and describes nothing of what you had done. I would have had further suggestions to debug further based on this latest data, but I guess you are smart enough to figure it out by yourself.
[EDIT] Apologies if I misread, reading again I think I see some level of second degree humour. Lost in translation frankly for me (hey apologies, I'm French)

I was just kidding. Your inquiry about checking the voltage made me check it all over again. This time the q3 transistor was not checking out properly for some reason. I will have to replace it and see what happens. Q3 is what controls the flip direction relay and could explain why it just keeps flicking off and on.

1 week later
#10030 3 years ago

Look at the cpu/sound board on the right in the head. The sn will end in a -00 or -02

#10032 3 years ago

Yes you have a -00

#10036 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Are there bulbs under the disk regular bulbs or flashers? I’m looking to led my machine and I was wondering to get regular 6.3 Volt leds or the 13 volt flashers leds
[quoted image]

Standard led bulb.

#10037 3 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Can someone post a pic of the I/O power supply board around the J3 area? Thanks in advance.

IMG_3095 (resized).JPGIMG_3095 (resized).JPG
#10041 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They are flashers but standard bulb size. If you put regular bulbs in there they will blow quickly.

Ah you are right. I never noticed that they were a #161 bulb. I have had the #555 style in since I got the machine and they are still working.

#10045 3 years ago
4auok6onk2j61 (resized).jpg4auok6onk2j61 (resized).jpg
#10049 3 years ago

I think there are lots of possibilities. I was trying to use more standard lighting rather than looking for specific lengths of product or having to cut and trim ribbons down. Using a cut to length option was tested using some led scrap I had but because of girth of the towers the strip lighting created hot spots because it could no be placed far enough back from the faces. It looked strange having the dots peeking thru. The lighting is brighter at the bottom becasue it up-casts but I think its a neat effect, and the inserts are printed almost hollow.

1 month later
#10117 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Kinda hard to hear the new sound package with all the incessant banter going on.

No kidding.

3 months later
#10423 2 years ago

I have a manual that has a better image quality that whats on the stern page.

1 month later
#10511 2 years ago

Pinsider sent me some pics of the towers installed. Though I would share.

3 encoms done (resized).jpg3 encoms done (resized).jpg
2 months later
#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What happens after portal? Does the game reset and you start all the way from the beginning again?

yes you do

5 months later
#10730 1 year ago

Put some art blades on a while ago from tilt. Wish I did it sooner.

IMG_7879 (resized).JPGIMG_7879 (resized).JPG
6 months later
#10950 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Done!
And, I think the prototype will be done tomorrow. Once I check dimensions against the screen I will have the graphic artist change the ai files and send to cut.
We are moving forward!
Peachy
[quoted image]

I have a proper empty cabinet for the tron game mod you can use. If i have material i can even laser cut them at work.

#10953 1 year ago

Ok, that would be helpful for sure. I will let you know how far I get with the cardboard prototype, it is a 1 so it should work ok hopefully.
I am not overly concerned about this yet.
The next step is figuring out the wiring, that includes wire lengths and connector placement.
Should not be overly complicated.
Unfortunately the assembly video is long gone so I have to figure out by myself.
That said if anybody here has a mod that can be disassembled and snap a few pics of the wiring, bulb placement, connectors, etc that would be great.
I will let you know about the cab! Might need it. Thank you

This video shows a cross section and placement of everything. They also talk about parts and show how it is connected.

#10963 1 year ago

the post can't no longer be edited.
So last piece is going to
MutterFudder
All ten spots are now taken.
Once I am half way through production, I will gauge for more interested then but I doubt I will do this again. Too much work to build these as of now I am realizing this mod was cheap at $250 therefore , I understand now why not a lot of people are making them. not a lot of interest in making it due to the small return and time involved.
Let's get 10 done and see how far I get after!
I already have a good idea as to how much effort is needed and it takes approximately 2/3 hours hours to build each, that includes assembly of the parts and parts preparation (crimping, cutting measuring and setting up for assembly), plus the cost incurred in graphic designing services (so far 2 hours editing the AI files to adjust the cabinet files). I would not hav been able to do this, but it is done now (for testing) and will have the files back sometime this weekend.
I might be able to find a way to make them faster once parts gathering is completed, and I can probably prepare them in a batch. Regardless, building each is for sure a minimum 2 hours.
That said, I expect the cost of this mod to be a little higher than previous offerings. I might have misjudged the effort needed to make it all work and the assembly time, therefore I will have to pay myself a little to cover costs.
If you want to drop out from this mod, this is your chance so it will open up the spot to someone else. I expect the cost for this first run to be $250 to $350, If nor further editing of the AI files is needed (nor further graphic artist design work needed) it will probably be around $300 USD.
Next steps, testing new files.
Finding a good printer/media to print decals and figure out a way of precut them (for your own sake)
Today's achievement:
Programming completed
Thank you
[quoted image]

If youy need files for the cabinet cutting let me know, i can do them no charge

#10964 1 year ago
10B0E0DC-671B-4FA8-8D9F-E34F29403CE2 (resized).jpeg10B0E0DC-671B-4FA8-8D9F-E34F29403CE2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

ebay.com link: itm
For those asking about a mini arcade

Dang why so cheap?

#11007 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Damnnnnnnnnn!

Ok it now looks like i will post up mine for sale. lol.

1 year later
#11559 3 months ago

Changed over my city buildings to orange. I like the orange way more.

IMG_6749 (resized).jpegIMG_6749 (resized).jpegIMG_6750 (resized).jpegIMG_6750 (resized).jpegIMG_6751 (resized).jpegIMG_6751 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolffcub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=wolffcub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.