tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 233.
#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Well, the good news, Goodie bag still attached, bad news... someone cared not even the slightest to do some cable management.. mods, and wires, and Pigs, on my . This is going to be fun
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy moly that’s one tangled jumble of wires! My Tron arrived pretty messy too, more toward the back of the cab. There are so many mods, LED rails, topper, and sound tweaks I wouldn’t know where to begin!

#10252 2 years ago

Well, the good news, Goodie bag still attached, bad news... someone cared not even the slightest to do some cable management.. mods, and wires, and Pigs, on my . This is going to be fun

That's about the way mine looked when I first got it. It has so many mods and those 12V/5V distribution boards I ended up installing a 12V/5V arcade power supply getting it's 120VAC directly from the service plug and had that power supply feed the 12V/5V distribution boards as I was worried about the Stern boards and circuits getting overloaded with the mods.....

#10253 2 years ago

Good call, I have this setup on a few of my machines, they word awesome! Just ordered one for Tron
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/4594679907/dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-system/11445996

#10254 2 years ago

Good call, I have this setup on a few of my machines, they word awesome! Just ordered one for Tron
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/4594679907/dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-system/11445996

Sounds like these are a good safeguard for $100? Are they simple to install and use? I have a bunch of mods on my Tron all running off the boards and standard power supply.

#10255 2 years ago

Pinkitten yes! Very straight forward Install. Generally speaking these games where made to power just what was required and no more ( older Bally Williams even more so). Modern sterns have a little bit better power systems. But nothing can be the peace of mind and flexibility of an external power supply. I am going to add a sub amp to mine as well and again this will use the power supply!

#10256 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Are you talking about the one for 69 bucks sold by “judge Dread” on EBay.
If so, I was curious as well. It does look like its interactive at all.

That’s the one I’m talking about. I’ve read a few good and bad reviews about them in the thread so it’s hard to tell. I didn’t know they were interactive with gameplay. That may sway me. I’m still on the fence on whether to add the el wire (either eBay or making them) or add the Tron lighting effect with pinstadiums. I have pinstadiums on a bunch of games and I love them.

#10257 2 years ago

Hi,
if you are looking for Tron (and other pinball) mods check my mod list at this Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sQUuOYTcoNVUyCiY9ad0D1NXttV2xgxn/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

#10258 2 years ago

Hey all, shout out to anyone hoarding unwanted Tron mods. I picked up a Tron a week or so back and keen to track down some of the old sold out mods to spruce up my Tron. I'm not super familiar with what's out there, but I like the chrome pop bumper caps, the fluoro slingshot protectors look great too. Please let me know if you have anything you might be keen on parting with. Thanks

1 week later
#10259 2 years ago

No more rats nest. Took a good 5 hours to clean up this. But now all mods are running off a dedicated power supply, and wires are organized nicely into the main harness.

Before
677B8DE8-0142-471A-A205-446AACC66A3F (resized).jpeg677B8DE8-0142-471A-A205-446AACC66A3F (resized).jpeg

After
1AF42B75-6568-4F11-8807-2AB568BF8337 (resized).jpeg1AF42B75-6568-4F11-8807-2AB568BF8337 (resized).jpeg

Backbox is where all mods now stem from
E9778DA9-218E-451E-8719-1AE8CC76B80E (resized).jpegE9778DA9-218E-451E-8719-1AE8CC76B80E (resized).jpegA35AD241-01B3-4202-AFAB-3345267F40D8 (resized).jpegA35AD241-01B3-4202-AFAB-3345267F40D8 (resized).jpeg

#10260 2 years ago

No more rats nest. Took a good 5 hours to clean up this. But now all mods are running off a dedicated power supply, and wires are organized nicely into the main harness.

Very nice!
Now just get a plumb bob in there so you'll stop nudging it so hard!

-Jason

#10261 2 years ago

Before
[quoted image]
After
[quoted image]
Backbox is where all mods now stem from

Nice work.

One thing I am confused about, it looks like you’ve got a small(ish) Flipper Fidelity sub in there. I remember having the 10” (“The Big One”) one in mine, but I can’t see how it would fit in yours? Were there cabinet differences in some Trons?

FD7AC6E3-3F77-43A2-9992-35B035F73D85 (resized).jpegFD7AC6E3-3F77-43A2-9992-35B035F73D85 (resized).jpeg
DD5472D9-FB68-4439-BA47-77666C376E85 (resized).jpegDD5472D9-FB68-4439-BA47-77666C376E85 (resized).jpeg

#10262 2 years ago

I think the lager sub just does not sit centered over the hole. looking at your photo you can see it sits offset.

#10263 2 years ago

EL panels installed man they look awesome

078CF0DE-790D-4F01-96EB-59C6096E286C (resized).jpeg078CF0DE-790D-4F01-96EB-59C6096E286C (resized).jpegC647EA67-BE30-495D-BF90-DD14AE92707E (resized).jpegC647EA67-BE30-495D-BF90-DD14AE92707E (resized).jpeg
#10264 2 years ago

I’m fed up with internal subs, don’t do it for me. Also fed up chasing down vibrations. Just ordered the Pinnovators sub boards and mixer to connect to a Paradigm Servo 15 sub. Oldskool sub
Tron and Ironman together are gonna shake de house and hopefully not the pins

#10265 2 years ago

Lostcause i hear you. Generally speaking the problem with most pinball sub “solutions” is the low pass crossover is not, well… low enough. So you end up with higher frequency notes passing through and those are typically vibration culprits big time. I installed a 16.00 100 watt amp that had a built in adjustable crossover on a few of mine games. That In conjunction with flipper fidelity sounds super! But… does take some tinkering

#10266 2 years ago

Nothing beats a powered sub, especially with Tron. Any speaker nut would agree that the cabinet and the speaker have to be designed (and most likely ported) to match one another to get top performance. Putting a big speaker in a pinball cab is just that, putting a big speaker in a pinball cab.

#10267 2 years ago

We're in lockdown again here, so with our now abundant spare time, my son has decided he wants to be an internet pinball superstar haha. Our very first episode was on Rick & Morty, the second just dropped is Tron. Aimed for kids, so if yours like to watch pinball, send them the link.

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I’m fed up with internal subs, don’t do it for me. Also fed up chasing down vibrations. Just ordered the Pinnovators sub boards and mixer to connect to a Paradigm Servo 15 sub. Oldskool sub
Tron and Ironman together are gonna shake de house and hopefully not the pins

Get the PBL rattle tape for the glass, it is great, if you haven’t already

#10269 2 years ago

Pinkitten yes! Very straight forward Install. Generally speaking these games where made to power just what was required and no more ( older Bally Williams even more so). Modern sterns have a little bit better power systems. But nothing can be the peace of mind and flexibility of an external power supply. I am going to add a sub amp to mine as well and again this will use the power supply!

I ordered an external power supply for my Tron and one for LOTR, my 2 Stern pins with too many mods to count. Can’t wait to reduce the demand on each pin’s power supply!

#10270 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

+1

Anti rattle tape removed any glass based vibrations (which is where it will come from in most cases). It did make it much harder to get the glass off though, but that was a small price to pay.

#10271 2 years ago

EL panels installed man they look awesome [quoted image][quoted image]

I'd love to get my hands on a set of these. From my understanding these came from pinball refinery and are no longer available.... Right? Anyone willing to trade a set for a slightly used / crushed soul?!

#10272 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'd love to get my hands on a set of these. From my understanding these came from pinball refinery and are no longer available.... Right? Anyone willing to trade a set for a slightly used / crushed soul?!

pm sent

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-buy-armor-from-pinballcenter

#10273 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

+1
Anti rattle tape removed any glass based vibrations (which is where it will come from in most cases). It did make it much harder to get the glass off though, but that was a small price to pay.

Ya, 1 roll does 3 games and seems like 1/2 left over. so I was going to order another roll and finish off my games.

My MMR rattled so loud I turned the shaker off and now it is nice but just shaker loud. Otherwise metallica has the red tremor so it helped quiet that down.

#10274 2 years ago

Damn, looks like group buying is no more. I'll check the original link. Thanks!

#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have used similar stuff on the playfield and back glass but always comes back, plus coin door rattles and other stuff inside. I like mine loud.
When you can feel the playfield glass flexing it’s not surprising

Still not proper sub bass though, I’ve heard another pin with an external sub and it blows the internal one away.

#10276 2 years ago

Lostcause i hear you. Generally speaking the problem with most pinball sub “solutions” is the low pass crossover is not, well… low enough. So you end up with higher frequency notes passing through and those are typically vibration culprits big time. I installed a 16.00 100 watt amp that had a built in adjustable crossover on a few of mine games. That In conjunction with flipper fidelity sounds super! But… does take some tinkering

The sub filter I fit passes through under 120hz, not super low but ok I think. Low enough to make the glass flex.

#10277 2 years ago

Anyone need a pig

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Hi folks I have a lightly used PIG Interface board and a 12V 5V power splitter. I no longer need it so it’s up for sale”
2021-06-04
Walnut Creek, CA
55 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 159 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10278 2 years ago

Hello all, new to the club as of today, excited! Had 2 or 3 instances of the flippers going dead while a ball is still in play. I’m thinking it’s a trough issue, but before I dig in thought I’d see if I’m missing any ideas to try. What on this genre Stern machine would kill the flippers? Tilt (I’d see it on the DMD), and a drain, right?

At one point a ball ejected into the shooter lane while I had a ball in play (and didn’t auto-plunge) so assuming it was not by design.

Common issue? Does it sound like I’m barking up the right tree?

Thanks all!

#10279 2 years ago

I recently joined the Tron club and absolutely love this game. Fast, brutal, mean, and amazing. I managed to get to Sea of Simulation for the first time and got screwed when the ball dropped from the right ramp, hit the wire divider, then jumped the outlane divider and drained. I tried adjusting the location of the ramp but it did not help. The drop from the ramp to the right inlane is pretty big. This has happened more than a handful of times. To fix this issue, I created a ball drop mod that is very simple to install and eliminates the wire guide jumping issue. I created a video of the guide along with a video on how to install it. If anyone is interested in this mod, let me know. Stay safe and play more pinball!

#10280 2 years ago

I always thought that very random drain was sorta like when the disk on rare occasion throws the ball thru Gem--"Wow, can you believe that just happened!" I also feel I might have been able to save the ball if I was quicker to bump the ball back into the inlane.

#10281 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I recently joined the Tron club and absolutely love this game. Fast, brutal, mean, and amazing. I managed to get to Sea of Simulation for the first time and got screwed when the ball dropped from the right ramp, hit the wire divider, then jumped the outlane divider and drained. I tried adjusting the location of the ramp but it did not help. The drop from the ramp to the right inlane is pretty big. This has happened more than a handful of times. To fix this issue, I created a ball drop mod that is very simple to install and eliminates the wire guide jumping issue. I created a video of the guide along with a video on how to install it. If anyone is interested in this mod, let me know. Stay safe and play more pinball!

Crazy, I've never had that happen... ouch. Nice fix!

#10282 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Crazy, I've never had that happen... ouch. Nice fix!

Ditto, never seen it on my machine. I'd be pretty pissed to have it happen, especially more than once in a million. I'm bad enough on this game as it is...

#10283 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Ditto, never seen it on my machine. I'd be pretty pissed to have it happen, especially more than once in a million. I'm bad enough on this game as it is...

hahha, ya if this was normal on my machine, I'd be sooo mad. I'm soooo bad at pinball. Id' probably rubber off that outlane.

#10284 2 years ago

Why so serious

1E9F3BFF-C2FC-434B-A280-C27334B5501A.gif1E9F3BFF-C2FC-434B-A280-C27334B5501A.gif
#10285 2 years ago

Is the magnet really loud in this game or is mine about to shoot craps? Had the glass off and thought at first it was speaker distortion.

Also, is there a magnet that clunks on plunge?

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Is the magnet really loud in this game or is mine about to shoot craps? Had the glass off and thought at first it was speaker distortion.
Also, is there a magnet that clunks on plunge?

Did you mean spinning disk is loud? There is no magnet in tron. And that clunk is a Rising post behind the pops.

#10287 2 years ago

Fínally fixed and installed the mega topper. I must say it’s pretty cool and it’s interactive with the ramp shots

E0E64E37-13A8-422E-92BB-486973E48EBB (resized).jpegE0E64E37-13A8-422E-92BB-486973E48EBB (resized).jpeg
#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

The ball seems to be traveling too fast to the end of the ramp (you can see the bounce back from the rubber at the end). A little piece of foam on the lowest section of the ramp where it passes over the pops i also another way to solve this. This additionally also speeds up the rate at which you can repeat the shows to the left ramp as it is quicker/smoother to feed to the right flipper.

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

The ball seems to be traveling too fast to the end of the ramp (you can see the bounce back from the rubber at the end). A little piece of foam on the lowest section of the ramp where it passes over the pops i also another way to solve this. This additionally also speeds up the rate at which you can repeat the shows to the left ramp as it is quicker/smoother to feed to the right flipper.

Yeah, the bounce can be problematic as well. I have the game set at 6.7 currently and may add a small piece of foam to deaden the ball at the end of the ramp. Thanks for the input.

#10290 2 years ago

I put a piece of target foam on the left, near the bottom of my left ramp. It all but eliminated bounce from the ball coming down the ramp. I don't think I did anything to the right ramp however.

#10291 2 years ago

Pulled the ramps of and very carefully flame polished them. Crystal clear!

64005EC7-D823-4409-8F21-2CB51969949E (resized).jpeg64005EC7-D823-4409-8F21-2CB51969949E (resized).jpeg
#10292 2 years ago

Pulled the ramps of and very carefully flame polished them. Crystal clear!
[quoted image]

Looking legit Brady!

#10293 2 years ago

The last time i pulled my ramps in any capacity I snapped one of the stupid fiber optic wires. I'm still salty about that.

Those ramps look great, nice work!

#10294 2 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Did you mean spinning disk is loud? There is no magnet in tron. And that clunk is a Rising post behind the pops.

Good info, thank you!

I guess I do mean the spinning discs, I thought it was a magnet back up in there. Are they typically pretty loud? I played another Tron and I don’t remember hearing them.

#10295 2 years ago

The one I purchased came with titan rubbers on it. I’m switching back to standard as soon as I can get them in the mail. Quite difficult around the sling area with titans throwing the ball around at speed! Also post titan rubbers/rings way too bouncy for this game in my opinion.

#10296 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The one I purchased came with titan rubbers on it. I’m switching back to standard as soon as I can get them in the mail. Quite difficult around the sling area with titans throwing the ball around at speed! Also post titan rubbers/rings way too bouncy for this game in my opinion.

Interesting, ironically I just did the opposite, pulled all the black rubbers and put on Titans. But I never played it beforehand, I have had good luck with Titans on my others games

#10297 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Good info, thank you!
I guess I do mean the spinning discs, I thought it was a magnet back up in there. Are they typically pretty loud? I played another Tron and I don’t remember hearing them.

Mines loud again I put some 3-1 oil in it a few years back it helped. I read that here somewhere. You will have to remove the disc assembly and disc to get the oil in the right spot from what I can remember.

#10298 2 years ago

I looked and couldn’t find it, but is there a way in the settings to turn the sling coils down some?

#10299 2 years ago

Just do a goggle search ( tron motor noise) lots will pop up. I’d send link but can’t with this phone.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:I looked and couldn’t find it, but is there a way in the settings to turn the sling coils down some?

#10300 2 years ago

I have #22 LE. Was it normal for them to sign playfields? My buddy has a later number that is not signed. Just curious.

81177F34-527A-4233-8680-09AEDAA5B054 (resized).jpeg81177F34-527A-4233-8680-09AEDAA5B054 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/206 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.