(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,056 posts
  • 524 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 428 votes
    73%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 60 votes
    10%

(590 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,535 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

76A475BF-DF2F-42F2-AB01-FEFD012257C5 (resized).jpeg
2847ED73-6E1D-442D-AFC4-F3771403046D (resized).jpeg
59C04172-04F4-44D8-8B0B-628D215ACC75 (resized).jpeg
4auok6onk2j61 (resized).jpg
DD0F5636-28BD-4151-8E56-3A3B80324B02 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
A6A7FE46-AF15-4009-89BA-A6EC8A9CE86A (resized).jpeg
E6A5DAF0-B178-47C5-BC04-EEAE7681EAD8 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210211_020635628_2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5530 (resized).JPG
IMG_5531 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2987 (resized).JPG
IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
20210208_080808 (resized).jpg
7852C3C3-AFAC-4DF0-8EBC-FB25C9C25C80 (resized).jpeg

There are 10056 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 202.
#10001 19 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

It's an interesting idea but not my style either. Wouldn't the ramp entrances be the proper places for these... or am I just dumb?

that, is actually quite logical when you think how they are used in the movies (speed boosters).

oh the other thing was that I removed the spots from my machine so the lower area of my machine is quite open.

F5EF1592-E1C3-4D15-908A-39C963F96A14 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from Tsunami:

[quoted image]

i noticed what you had next to your tron! ;p

959AD727-5BE2-48C6-A550-665C344CAE09 (resized).jpeg

#10002 19 days ago

Question for those who have opted to change the music on their game. I've never done anything like that in the past, so I'm a bit apprehensive but interested. I hear folks talking about upgrading their game sound/music with alternate daft punk music and it seems that those who have done that are happy with the results. Don't get me wrong, I like the sounds and music on the game, but I'm kind of thinking about maybe trying something like that.

Is there some alternate music set-up that's already done for this game that's out there that has been agreed upon as a great match for this game, and is it easy to download/install something like that? Any advice on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#10003 18 days ago

I would have three questions:

- I recall a post from someone stating that he replaced the flasher for the Blue Tron bumper when using this mod (https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron-Pop-Bumper-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html), as the blue does not transmit enought light. But I can't find the post and the reference to the flasher used, would welcome a pointer

- Could anyone with an LE (or knowledgeable about it) let me know where is the motor location for the recognizer, and whether there is an hole for the motor axis ? Tried to find the info, it's hard to read and vizualize

- Just behind my Arcade, I have a metal post which does not seem to be doing anything... Could someone provide me with a picture of the back of their arcade ?

Thanks !

#10004 18 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for those who have opted to change the music on their game. I've never done anything like that in the past, so I'm a bit apprehensive but interested. I hear folks talking about upgrading their game sound with daft punk music and it seems that those who have done that are happy with the results. Don't get me wrong, I like the sounds and music on the game, but I'm kind of thinking about maybe trying something like that.
Is there some Tron/Daft Punk music set-up that's already done for this game that's out there that has been agreed upon as a great match for this game, and is it easy to download/install something like that? Any advice on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the music in the pinball machine is the same score from the movie, which was entirely done by Daft Punk. so, the music is already Daft Punk. that's why I thought the machine demanded such a premium.. that and it's like crack to play..

#10005 18 days ago

My blue bumper lights up just fine and I’m happy with it. I’m not sure if everyone agrees? I installed the cool white LED pad from Hookedonpinball.

7852C3C3-AFAC-4DF0-8EBC-FB25C9C25C80 (resized).jpeg
#10006 18 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

My blue bumper lights up just fine and I’m happy with it. I’m not sure if everyone agrees? I installed the cool white LED pad from Hookedonpinball.
[quoted image]

Here's mine. The problem is the blue acrylic plate that does not diffuse light, especially compared to yellow and orange, and the fact that you are viewing it at an angle.

I would say they are equivalent to yours?

20210208_080808 (resized).jpg
#10007 17 days ago

I'm not sure why, but my machine only came with two of those bright ass LED pads...and for whatever reason the blue disk was the one that didn't have it... So it was dim as all hell.

I rotated the pad from the yellow (which didn't really need it) to blue and put a 4x4 warm white tower from Comet in the yellow. Evened it out considerably, and now yellow looks much more in line with the other two. Those pads are awesome, and completely necessary for these disks. But the blue only gets so bright.

#10008 17 days ago

Allow me to spam this up on this thread LOL

Got my Tron City kit all finished up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109907

IMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2987 (resized).JPG
#10009 17 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Allow me to spam this up on this thread LOL
Got my Tron City kit all finished up.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109907
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really great. Nice job!!

#10010 16 days ago

Just posted my new TRON apron cards for sale ($10 per set). Please PM me if interested: http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/tron-legacy

pasted_image (resized).png
#10011 15 days ago

Scratching my head and went bald trying to find a n answer on this one. My disk will spin one way in the test menu but will not turn the other way. When I go into the opposite direction test the reversing relay goes absolutely nuts and clicks like crazy. Any ideas?

#10012 15 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Scratching my head and went bald trying to find a n answer on this one. My disk will spin one way in the test menu but will not turn the other way. When I go into the opposite direction test the reversing relay goes absolutely nuts and clicks like crazy. Any ideas?

Well... Did you check the control signal of the relay to see if it's stable?

#10013 15 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well... Did you check the control signal of the relay to see if it's stable?

What? You think I’m stupid ?

Leaves chair and walks over to machine. Re tests the connections and voltages. Starts probing board to test the Q3 transistor. Finds a inconsistent reading. Sits back down at the computer trying to think of a witty way to say oops with out everyone seeing the look of embarrassment on his face.

#10014 15 days ago

Can someone help me find cool mods for tron? Is the animated video game available? I bought an EL kit from someone in the Uk. Where do I get those bumper caps? What else is cool?

Also.... I need a left ramp and a front cab decal if anyone has extras.

#10015 15 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Can someone help me find cool mods for tron? Is the animated video game available? I bought an EL kit from someone in the Uk. Where do I get those bumper caps? What else is cool?
Also.... I need a left ramp and a front cab decal if anyone has extras.

which el kit?

here are some mods
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c10/Tron-Pinball-Mods

#10017 15 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

What? You think I’m stupid ?
Leaves chair and walks over to machine. Re tests the connections and voltages. Starts probing board to test the Q3 transistor. Finds a inconsistent reading. Sits back down at the computer trying to think of a witty way to say oops with out everyone seeing the look of embarrassment on his face.

Well nice way of responding to someone trying to provide guidance on the basis of your post alone, which is two lines and describes nothing of what you had done. I would have had further suggestions to debug further based on this latest data, but I guess you are smart enough to figure it out by yourself.

[EDIT] Apologies if I misread, reading again I think I see some level of second degree humour. Lost in translation frankly for me (hey apologies, I'm French)

#10018 15 days ago

I recently got a set of ramp lighting from Professor Pinball and I'm really looking forward to installing them. The videos look amazing, but I've never actually seen or experienced them in person. For those of you that have them installed, how have you been enjoying them?
Also, out of curiosity, anyone have any info if its even possible to score a set of the interactive EL wires these days? Has anyone ever done both?? Thanks

#10019 15 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I recently got a set of ramp lighting from Professor Pinball and I'm really looking forward to installing them. The videos look amazing, but I've never actually seen or experienced them in person. For those of you that have them installed, how have you been enjoying them?
Also, out of curiosity, anyone have any info if its even possible to score a set of the interactive EL wires these days? Has anyone ever done both?? Thanks

I have them on mine, and they are great. They are interactive with the game. I'm told the code can be customized if you know how to do it. I think Professor Pinball can Email the link to the site for the code

#10020 14 days ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I have them on mine, and they are great. They are interactive with the game. I'm told the code can be customized if you know how to do it. I think Professor Pinball can Email the link to the site for the code

Here's the link to the code:
https://github.com/elyons/pinduino

#10021 14 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well nice way of responding to someone trying to provide guidance on the basis of your post alone, which is two lines and describes nothing of what you had done. I would have had further suggestions to debug further based on this latest data, but I guess you are smart enough to figure it out by yourself.
[EDIT] Apologies if I misread, reading again I think I see some level of second degree humour. Lost in translation frankly for me (hey apologies, I'm French)

I was just kidding. Your inquiry about checking the voltage made me check it all over again. This time the q3 transistor was not checking out properly for some reason. I will have to replace it and see what happens. Q3 is what controls the flip direction relay and could explain why it just keeps flicking off and on.

#10022 14 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I was just kidding. Your inquiry about checking the voltage made me check it all over again. This time the q3 transistor was not checking out properly for some reason. I will have to replace it and see what happens. Q3 is what controls the flip direction relay and could explain why it just keeps flicking off and on.

Indeed as stated, when reading back this morning, I realized that my brain had completely overlooked the humor in the tone when translating. Well to my defense there was no smiley...

#10023 14 days ago

Just posted my TRON 3D flipper toppers for sale (2 color combination options): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110071

IMG_5530 (resized).JPGIMG_5531 (resized).JPG
#10024 14 days ago

Wanted to share a new alternative translite I had made by Scott at GameOnGrafix.
I think it gives a mysterious cool vibe and looks really neat in person, especially when stepping up to the game.

PXL_20210211_020635628_2 (resized).jpg

#10025 14 days ago

I got the one on eBay from judge dredd pinball in the uk

#10026 14 days ago
Quoted from athenspin:

How do i get on the list? Take my $

We will take your money! List of people that showed interest is being sent.

#10027 14 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

We will take your money! List of people that showed interest will be sent.

Awesome!!!! Thanks

#10028 14 days ago

To all Tron LE owners out there (and others): would someone have access to the detailed schematics manual for Tron LE ?
And no it's not on Stern website, they removed from the manual all the sections related to board schematics (CPU board, IO power board, etc).

I could find Tron Pro by cross referencing (as it uses the same board as Indiana Jones, which is fully available on the Internet Archive), but not for Tron LE.

Thanks !

1 week later
#10029 5 days ago

I just joined the club with a pro. I noticed the code I have on my machine is 1.7 and I see there's 1.74 on Stern's website but there's 2 versions for the pro. One says boards 00 and the other ones says boards 02, which one would I use, or how can I tell?

#10030 5 days ago

Look at the cpu/sound board on the right in the head. The sn will end in a -00 or -02

#10031 5 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Look at the cpu/sound board on the right in the head. The sn will end in a -00 or -02

Is that the number where it’s circled? If so I goes I have a 00

E6A5DAF0-B178-47C5-BC04-EEAE7681EAD8 (resized).jpeg
#10032 5 days ago

Yes you have a -00

#10033 5 days ago

Are there bulbs under the disk regular bulbs or flashers? I’m looking to led my machine and I was wondering to get regular 6.3 Volt leds or the 13 volt flashers leds

A6A7FE46-AF15-4009-89BA-A6EC8A9CE86A (resized).jpeg
#10034 4 days ago

Can someone post a pic of the I/O power supply board around the J3 area? Thanks in advance.

#10035 4 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Are there bulbs under the disk regular bulbs or flashers? I’m looking to led my machine and I was wondering to get regular 6.3 Volt leds or the 13 volt flashers leds
[quoted image]

I can't remember.... and the manual is photocopy garbage on stern's site. You could go into service menu and run through the flashers and lights to see what they are as well.

#10036 4 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Standard led bulb.

#10037 4 days ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Can someone post a pic of the I/O power supply board around the J3 area? Thanks in advance.

IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
#10038 4 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

They are flashers but standard bulb size. If you put regular bulbs in there they will blow quickly.

#10039 4 days ago

#10040 4 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image]

Thanks for this. I was looking at this area. Noticed the one wire coming in J3 had hot glue on it and thought this was from a fix from a previous owner, but maybe this was done at factory as yours has it too.

#10041 4 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They are flashers but standard bulb size. If you put regular bulbs in there they will blow quickly.

Ah you are right. I never noticed that they were a #161 bulb. I have had the #555 style in since I got the machine and they are still working.

#10042 4 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Ah you are right. I never noticed that they were a #161 bulb. I have had the #555 style in since I got the machine and they are still working.

When I bought my game it already been changed over to LEDs. I never even knew there were flashers under the spinner disc because someone put regular 6.3V LEDs in there and they had blown before I bought the game. Found out a bit later and put some 5SMD flashers in from Comet and they've worked great since.

#10043 3 days ago

On the mini arcade is there suppose to be an SD card in this slot in the top left?

DD0F5636-28BD-4151-8E56-3A3B80324B02 (resized).jpeg
#10044 3 days ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

On the mini arcade is there suppose to be an SD card in this slot in the top left?
[quoted image]

No, this is how you load the code/program into it.

#10045 3 days ago
4auok6onk2j61 (resized).jpg
#10046 3 days ago

Got my mod today and its in thanks wolffcub love it! I left one light out as I didn’t want to ram it in the hole with the ramp lights on it. I will get it in I’ll just cut the connecter off and hardwired it in.

2847ED73-6E1D-442D-AFC4-F3771403046D (resized).jpeg59C04172-04F4-44D8-8B0B-628D215ACC75 (resized).jpeg76A475BF-DF2F-42F2-AB01-FEFD012257C5 (resized).jpeg
#10047 3 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Got my mod today and its in thanks wolffcub love it! I left one light out as I didn’t want to ram it in the hole with the ramp lights on it. I will get it in I’ll just cut the connecter off and hardwired it in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great on the playfield. Neat how you have 2 recognizers.
Hats off again to @wolfclub for what I think is a really great design.
I ordered one too, and am looking forward to receiving it soon!

#10048 2 days ago

would there be a way to put led strips behind the building "windows" to light them better? Or el wire. This mod does look sweet!

#10049 2 days ago

I think there are lots of possibilities. I was trying to use more standard lighting rather than looking for specific lengths of product or having to cut and trim ribbons down. Using a cut to length option was tested using some led scrap I had but because of girth of the towers the strip lighting created hot spots because it could no be placed far enough back from the faces. It looked strange having the dots peeking thru. The lighting is brighter at the bottom becasue it up-casts but I think its a neat effect, and the inserts are printed almost hollow.

#10050 20 hours ago

Aproximately how much do you guys think a Tron PRO in good condition is worth these days ?
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Clayton, MO
There are 10056 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside